View Full Version : Metal Alliance -- Charlotte, NC -- March 18th, 2012

coltongsmith
03-19-2012, 11:00 AM
City: Charlotte
State: North Carolina
Venue: Amos Southend
Date: March 18th, 2012
Tour: Metal Alliance 2012

After two lacking local bands the first band of the night was Wretched and to me they seemed like the perfect opener because they were just sorta lacking anything special and I was glad they were out of the way quick. There newer songs weren't bad and I hope the album is decent. Next was impending doom who I have seen before but this time happened to be better with better sound and a better song selection except the fact the lack of anything off first cd. I dont mind them but sometimes their breakdowns were a little weak and out of place. After was 3 inches of blood. This band had their new cd in sale and it is amazing. The three songs they played from it were even better than on cd and this has made up completely with Justin doing harsh vocals. Next was Job For A Cowboy. This band I hadn't seem in three years and have heard they are getting better and away from death core as much. To me it sounded like bad death core with no breakdowns and I actually prefer them as death core with the squeals and breakdowns. After Job For A Cowboy was ye masters of death metal DYING FETUS! They played a stellar set consisting of some of their best songs and two amazing new ones. I'm glad they played over Job For A Cowboy where they deserved. I can't wait to see this band again again. Next was The Faceless with their completely revamped lineup and I say it is better than the old one but still not my style of music. The new song was very proggy and just not what I was hoping for. They also are barely using Evan's talent and I hope that isn't the case on new cd. Lastly was Devildriver who I love seeing and always enjoy. They played a lot of older material while skipping out on the new songs yet again. All sound the set was good with a great album diversity and great sound. The whole festival thing worked great and was a blast for the money. If u like a few of these band it's worth staying the whole time and checking everyone out.

Wretched (5:40-6)
1. Cimmerian Shamballa
2. Dilated Disappointment
3. Repeat...The End is Near
4. My Carrion
5. Fetal Consumption

Impending Doom (6:15-6:40)
1. Murderer
2. There Will Be Violence
3. Anything Goes
4. For the Wicked
5. More Than Conquerors

3 Inches of Blood (6:55-7:25)
1. Leather Lord
2. Deadly Sinners
3. Metal Woman
4. God of the Cold White Silence
5. Battles and Brotherhood
6. Dark Messenger
7. The Goatrider's Horde

Job for a Cowboy (7:40-8:10)
1. Entombment of a Machine
2. Black Discharge
3. Regurgitated Disinformation
4. Imperium Wolves
5. Unfurling a Darkened Gospel
6. Constitutional Masturbation

Dying Fetus (8:25-9)
1. Your Treachery Will Die With You
2. From Womb to Waste
3. Homicidal Retribution
4. Pissing in the Mainstream
5. Invert the Idols
6. One Shot, One Kill
7. Praise the Lord (Opium of the Masses)
8. Killing on Adrenaline
9. Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog

The Faceless (9:15-9:55)
1. An Autopsy
2. Sons of Belial
3. New Song*
4. Legion of the Serpent
5. Xenochrist

Devildriver (10:10-11:10)
1. End of the Line
2. Horn of Betrayal
3. The Fury of Our Maker's Hand
4. Dead to Rights
5. Pure Sincerity
6. Pray for Villains
7. Clouds Over California
8. Fate Stepped In
9. I Could Care Less
10. Head on to Heartache (Let Them Rot)
11. Burning Sermon
12. Not All Who Wander Are Lost

street_burial
03-19-2012, 11:03 AM
1. Murderer
3. Anything Goes
4. For the Wicked
5. More Than Conquerors

2. Black Discharge
4. Imperium Wolves

2. From Womb to Waste
3. Homicidal Retribution
5. Invert the Idols
6. One Shot, One Kill
8. Killing on Adrenaline

1. An Autopsy
2. Sons of Belial
3. The Eidolon Reality
4. Legion of the Serpent
5. Xenochrist

:drool::drool::drool:

brutal_descent
03-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Forty minutes for the Faceless? What the fuck?

coltongsmith
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Forty minutes for the Faceless? What the fuck?

extreme technical difficulties made them less than that. they actually stopped at like 9:45 because of them

brutal_descent
03-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah, too many bands on this lineup :lol:

mankvill
03-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Dang, I was really hoping Dying Fetus would keep Fornication Terrorists in their set.

scouinci
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
great devildriver setlist!!! about time they changed it up a bit

orlandodavis
03-19-2012, 12:27 PM
great devildriver setlist!!! about time they changed it up a bit

This. Now I have to see If I can change plans.:bouville:

anomynous
03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
You sure that it was Eidilon Reality and not this new song:

http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/8663/the-faceless-new-song-live-2012

coltongsmith
03-19-2012, 12:59 PM
You sure that it was Eidilon Reality and not this new song:

http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/8663/the-faceless-new-song-live-2012

your right, i thought it was that one since it was the only one out and they didnt say a word about the title.

x-voltage
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Pure Sincerity!!!!!!!

Alduin
03-19-2012, 04:48 PM
1. Leather Lord
2. Deadly Sinners
3. Metal Woman
6. Dark Messenger
7. The Goatrider's Horde

and the new cd for sale?!?!?! :drool:

coltongsmith
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
and the new cd for sale?!?!?! :drool:

yes sir :rocker:

Solarian13
03-19-2012, 06:10 PM
1. End of the Line
2. Horn of Betrayal
4. Dead to Rights
5. Pure Sincerity
6. Pray for Villains
8. Fate Stepped In
9. I Could Care Less
11. Burning Sermon

The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand has been one of my favorite DevilDriver songs since I started listening to them in 2005, and I never thought I would get to hear it live, so this is definitely good news.

The rest of the set I'm not too stoked about, to be honest. My main issues are...

1. Not playing Meet The Wretched - I know they've played it at like every show, but come on, it's a live staple. The last two times I saw DD was in a tiny cramped venue with no room for a circle pit, so I was really excited to see a huge one go off at the much bigger venue that I'm seeing this show at. Plus a show with a lineup like this would be perfect to end off with a massive circle pit, so I'm disappointed that they're not doing that.

2. The balance of albums - I love their new album and have already seen them play in support of it twice and I've been quite surprised at how lackluster the representation for it has been and continues to be, I just don't get it. Also, when you have five albums out and only twelve songs to play, playing nearly half your set from a single album that isn't even your newest doesn't make much sense. I get that you can't please everybody, but that just seems totally disproportionate.

3. The song selection isn't that strong - okay, I can't complain about either song from The Fury that's being played, and if you're only gonna play one from the self-titled it makes sense for I Could Care Less to be it. But I think most of the songs they're playing from the last three albums aren't the best from those albums at all. I suppose that really comes down to personal opinion, but I just feel that they have way better songs off those albums that they're totally neglecting.

With all that being said, I'm still looking forward to this show. This will be my 7th time seeing DevilDriver, and I always quite enjoy their shows. I just think that this is a particularly weak setlist compared to some of the other ones I've seen them play over the years. I'm glad that they switch up their sets from tour to tour, but I hope they'll switch it up a little bit from show to show as well (as long as they keep playing The Fury ;))

hellawaits77ny
03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the review. Those were some disappointingly short sets :flame:

Nater
03-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Pure Sincerity!!!!!!!

Exactly what I was thinking. That plus Fury of Our Makers Hand makes me even more excited. I would be ok with them dropping something for Ressurection Blvd. That would make this awesome

gilpdawg
03-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Devildriver set needs Before the Hangman's Noose. Love that song.

Nater
03-19-2012, 11:41 PM
It's a great closer but I'm ok with it not being in since it's been played the last couple times I saw them. I'm really liking the changes.

Fratt
03-20-2012, 10:19 AM
5 songs for The Faceless? Can anyone confirm how much they played the other nights?

AnthG
03-20-2012, 11:24 AM
That DevilDriver set is great. Yeah, the lack of songs fromBeast is dissapointing and still odd, but Horns of betryal and Head on to heartache you can't go wrong with. The Last Kind words is my favourite album from them, so they can play as many songs from that as they want.

bobbie solo
03-20-2012, 10:52 PM
too...many...bands...

Dominicus 1988
03-21-2012, 12:28 AM
OMG Horn of Betrayal :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

zerkz
03-21-2012, 06:59 AM
City: Charlotte
State: North Carolina
Venue: Amos Southend
Date: March 18th, 2012
Tour: Metal Alliance 2012

After two lacking local bands the first band of the night was Wretched and to me they seemed like the perfect opener because they were just sorta lacking anything special and I was glad they were out of the way quick. There newer songs weren't bad and I hope the album is decent. Next was impending doom who I have seen before but this time happened to be better with better sound and a better song selection except the fact the lack of anything off first cd. I dont mind them but sometimes their breakdowns were a little weak and out of place. After was 3 inches of blood. This band had their new cd in sale and it is amazing. The three songs they played from it were even better than on cd and this has made up completely with Justin doing harsh vocals. Next was Job For A Cowboy. This band I hadn't seem in three years and have heard they are getting better and away from death core as much. To me it sounded like bad death core with no breakdowns and I actually prefer them as death core with the squeals and breakdowns. After Job For A Cowboy was ye masters of death metal DYING FETUS! They played a stellar set consisting of some of their best songs and two amazing new ones. I'm glad they played over Job For A Cowboy where they deserved. I can't wait to see this band again again. Next was The Faceless with their completely revamped lineup and I say it is better than the old one but still not my style of music. The new song was very proggy and just not what I was hoping for. They also are barely using Evan's talent and I hope that isn't the case on new cd. Lastly was Devildriver who I love seeing and always enjoy. They played a lot of older material while skipping out on the new songs yet again. All sound the set was good with a great album diversity and great sound. The whole festival thing worked great and was a blast for the money. If u like a few of these band it's worth staying the whole time and checking everyone out.

Wretched (5:40-6)
1. Cimmerian Shamballa
2. Dilated Disappointment
3. Repeat...The End is Near
4. My Carrion
5. Fetal Consumption

1. Murderer
3. Anything Goes
4. For the Wicked
5. More Than Conquerors

1. Leather Lord
2. Deadly Sinners
3. Metal Woman
6. Dark Messenger
7. The Goatrider's Horde

2. Black Discharge
4. Imperium Wolves

2. From Womb to Waste
3. Homicidal Retribution
5. Invert the Idols
6. One Shot, One Kill
8. Killing on Adrenaline

1. An Autopsy
2. Sons of Belial
3. New Song*
4. Legion of the Serpent
5. Xenochrist

1. End of the Line
2. Horn of Betrayal
4. Dead to Rights
5. Pure Sincerity
6. Pray for Villains
8. Fate Stepped In
9. I Could Care Less
11. Burning Sermon

So uh, anyway I could listen to that 3IoB CD?

anomynous
03-21-2012, 11:56 AM
JFAC has doesn't even have any deathcore elements anymore.