PDA

View Full Version : Whitechapel -- Kansas City, MO -- March 16th, 2012

Nick_to_the_face
03-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Sooooooo fucking mad.....
I just typed this whole fucking thing and it got deleted :flame::flame::flame:
Fuck.
Well, I missed the first band, Structures, sucks cause I've heard good things about them and I wanted to see them.
We got their as soon as The Plot in You. They aren't really my thing, but they sounded really good and did a good job. Crowd seemed to dig them and they know how to put on a show. And they were pretty nice. Not a bad opener.

The Plot in You
The Fathers Seed
Neighbors
Bully
Rat Poison
Unwelcome
Miscarriage

Next up was the main reason I went, After The Burial :rocker:
They made a huge impression on me when I saw them back in 08/09 don't remember exactly, and I've been a huge fan ever since. Despite there being a big crowd, it was pretty easy to get close to the front. At first I wasn't sure how the crowd was gonna react for them, but they went. But as soon as the intro started, the crowd opened up. And as soon as Berzerker started, they crowd went nuts. Plus the guitarists played it behind their backs, like they did when I first saw them :lovedup: Their show was great and set was good for the time allowed, definitely glad they didn't play Pendulum. Only complaint was the lack of anything from Forging a Future self, which after talking to Andy, I found out they were supposed to play The Forfeit, but ran out of time :hmm: also, I didn't like the weird mixture of hardcore poopers and lame moshing. Other than that it was fantastic :D

After The Burial
Intro
Berzerker
Cursing Akhenaten
Your Troubles Will Cease and Fortune Will Smile Upon You
Encased In Ice
Aspiration

Next was the other reason I was there, Miss May I :D
I hear from others how bad there live show is, but the last time I saw them was great, and this was no different. Complete with big lights and a drum solo, they definitely know who to put on a show. Again the crowd was a bit weird, but they nuts either way. Set was pretty good and was sound was great. They are definitely a great live band.

Miss May I
Relentless Chaos
Our Kings
Hey Mister(new song)
Forgive and Forget
My Hardship
Architect
Masses of a Dying Breed

After that, I considered the show pretty much over. Some guy passed out on the floor and got taken out on a stretcher and that was much more entertaining than Whitechapel. Even when they have a few riffs I like, I cannot stand them, and even more so live. Every fucking song sounds the same and I feel like i sat through a giant, wet fart. They even managed to mess up Possession and Murder Sermon, two songs that aren't terrible. Either way, we left about 4 songs in, and those are the only two songs that I know they played for sure. But all in all, really fun and definitely glad I went.
I also picked up an After The Burial baseball T :D

The Plot In You: 6.5/10
After The Burial: 8.5/10
Miss May I: 8.5/10
Whitechapel: poop

dcmetal108
03-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Y U HATE WHITECHAPEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice review. REALLY want to go to the show here but its too far!

treghet
03-17-2012, 12:54 PM
How you enjoy bands like Miss May I and think Whitechapel sucks makes no sense to me.

Nick_to_the_face
03-17-2012, 12:57 PM
How you enjoy bands like Miss May I and think Whitechapel sucks makes no sense to me.

Miss May I actually has some good riffs, good screams, their songs just sound good. The clean singing still gets me a bit though. But whitechapel is just...ugh. I don't know. They just sound like poop.

mankvill
03-17-2012, 01:22 PM
:bouville:

christopher
03-17-2012, 01:56 PM
:barf:

Nick_to_the_face
03-17-2012, 02:03 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/052009/1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

Nick_to_the_face
03-17-2012, 02:04 PM
:bouville:

Does it help that I'm not going to Nile?

jd091
03-17-2012, 02:18 PM
The fuck? You stood through the complete mediocrity that is The Plot in You, yet you skipped out on Whitechapel? :confused:

Nick_to_the_face
03-17-2012, 02:22 PM
The fuck? You stood through the complete mediocrity that is The Plot in You, yet you skipped out on Whitechapel? :confused:

Not every song sounded the same :finger:

To be fair whitechapel actually has a few riffs I like, they just sound absolutely terrible live

mankvill
03-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Does it help that I'm not going to Nile?

I'm going to punch you next time I see you.

Nick_to_the_face
03-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm going to punch you next time I see you.

You mean at All Shall Perish? :D

kalfitegrdan
03-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Miss May I actually has some good riffs, good screams, their songs just sound good. The clean singing still gets me a bit though. But whitechapel is just...ugh. I don't know. They just sound like poop.

As opposed to Whitechapel's better screams?

hiddenzombie013
03-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Not every song sounded the same :finger:

To be fair whitechapel actually has a few riffs I like, they just sound absolutely terrible live

Really? I saw them a few years ago and thought they were awesome. Have they got worse, or do you already not like them? THey were my first wall of death too.

dcmetal108
03-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Whitechapel is actually one of my favorite live bands and the second band I've seen the most.

Skipped out on seeing Miss May I when I had the chance to go and see The Devil Wears Prada instead.

TiradesOfTruth
03-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Whitechapel fucking rocks live and this is coming from someone who hates most deathcore.

Nick_to_the_face
03-19-2012, 09:56 AM
As opposed to Whitechapel's better screams?

I don't care his screams much either. I mean they aren't terrible. Whitechapel has always just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Really? I saw them a few years ago and thought they were awesome. Have they got worse, or do you already not like them? THey were my first wall of death too.

I didn't like them to begin with, but I don't hate them as much as I used too, but I still don't like them at all. And every time I see them, it feels the same. It feels like they are just playing one long, boring song.

Nick_to_the_face
03-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Y U HATE WHITECHAPEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice review. REALLY want to go to the show here but its too far!

Thank you by the way :D