PDA

View Full Version : Trivium -- Austin, TX -- March 14th, 2012

RampinUp46
03-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Part of a free SXSW showcase at Waterloo Records with thirty other bands (hence the short setlist - they played from 4:00 to 4:45 or so) to celebrate WR's 30th anniversary. Got to meet Matt, Corey, and Paolo; Paolo told me that Trivium is doing a US tour in the near future and that they should be hitting up the Austin area again sometime in the summer.

In Waves
Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr
Rain
Like Light to the Flies
Down From The Sky
Throes of Perdition

mankvill
03-14-2012, 04:57 PM
When I think SXSW, I think Trivium.

dcmetal108
03-14-2012, 05:11 PM
I saw the bill that they were on and they were really the odd band on there.

RampinUp46
03-14-2012, 05:22 PM
I saw the bill that they were on and they were really the odd band on there.

Oh, definitely. The hipsters across the street at Whole Foods were even bitching about the "noise across the street". :lol:

Definitely one of the highlights of the day.

dcmetal108
03-14-2012, 05:27 PM
I'd really like to go to SXSW for the whole week eventually.

hellawaits77ny
03-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Fuck the hipsters

makethemsuffer12
03-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Fuck the hipsters

Like Matt Heafy? :lol:

hellawaits77ny
03-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Like Matt Heafy? :lol:

I actually meant the hipsters bitching about the noise, but yeah, he's the worst. Did you see the pic of he and his girlfriend w/ their dog? It's so fucking fake I wanted to throw up. I can't stand these fads. Fuckin insecure people who can't do anything on their own, they just gotta "fit in". Fags. My friends and I plan on beating up some hipsters on St Patty's Day.

The Ghost at Number One
03-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Fags. My friends and I plan on beating up some hipsters on St Patty's Day.Offensiveness aside, this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. You must be a terribly insecure person.

imanidiot777
03-15-2012, 03:40 AM
Offensiveness aside, this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. You must be a terribly insecure person.

:party::party:

TheClairvoyant
03-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Offensiveness aside, this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. You must be a terribly insecure person.

Ditto.

The_jman
03-15-2012, 11:40 AM
thirded...

MetalIsArt
03-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Fuck the hipsters

Trivium.

Is dead.

Ha, I remember that this was going to be AT LEAST as big as Metallica or Maiden.

bobbie solo
03-15-2012, 10:10 PM
the word hipster doesn't even mean anything anymore. people on here and everywhere toss it around for anybody that dresses in a way that resembles any # of stereotypical styles related to various underground scenes. it's just a quick way to label people, and has lost all meaning to what it was originally meant for when people started using it alot again 6 or so years ago.

BloodoftheKings
03-15-2012, 10:24 PM
the word hipster doesn't even mean anything anymore. people on here and everywhere toss it around for anybody that dresses in a way that resembles any # of stereotypical styles related to various underground scenes. it's just a quick way to label people, and has lost all meaning to what it was originally meant for when people started using it alot again 6 or so years ago.

This. And the aforementioned hipsters are probably down there to see better bands than Trivium, just sayin.

hellawaits77ny
03-15-2012, 10:32 PM

Relax, you conclusion-to-jumping anus. I'm not serious. And I'm insecure because I don't like people who change the way they dress + act to whatever is deemed "cool" during a certain time period? Yeah, that's it..................:eyes:

And I take it you wear skinny jeans and Vans.

dcmetal108
03-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Wait is it true this was all acoustic. That's what Trivium keep saying on their FB.

hellawaits77ny
03-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Wait is it true this was all acoustic. That's what Trivium keep saying on their FB.

Not sure if it was all acoustic, but I did see an acoustic clip on YT. Didn't watch it.

RampinUp46
03-19-2012, 06:44 PM

No, this set was all electric. Sometime either later that night or the next day, they played an acoustic set at the old Emo's (on 6th/Red River), but that was only open to people who paid for the SXSW badges.