PDA

View Full Version : Danzig Memorial Day weekend show (special?)

natureboy
03-13-2012, 12:24 PM
So, Danzig just posted this on FB:

Danzig "Legacy" is playing the BONNAROO MUSIC FESTIVAL on Sat., June 9th. Get your tickets here: http://www.bonnaroo.com/tickets/

DANZIG fans may want to keep Memorial Day Weekend open as we'll be making a Special announcement here & on the Official DANZIG-VEROTIK website very soon. You WILL NOT want to miss it!!!

The Bonnaroo set is weird, but whatever. More interested in the Memorial Day thing so I did a quick search and found this:

Danzig
Irvine Meadows/Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Irvine, California
Sat, May 26, 2012 07:15 PM

http://www.livenation.com/event/0900486CDC7662AF?crosssite=TM_US:734865:73757

Place has a capacity of 16,000 is way too big for a regular Danzig show; even the "Legacy" show in LA last year was at the Gibson Amphitheater (6,000+).

Maybe a mini fest?

Steev
03-13-2012, 12:26 PM
So, Danzig just posted this on FB:

The Bonnaroo set is weird, but whatever. More interested in the Memorial Day thing so I did a quick search and found this:

Danzig
Irvine Meadows/Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Irvine, California
Sat, May 26, 2012 07:15 PM

http://www.livenation.com/event/0900486CDC7662AF?crosssite=TM_US:734865:73757

Place has a capacity of 16,000 is way too big for a regular Danzig show; even the "Legacy" show in LA last year was at the Gibson Amphitheater (6,000+).

Maybe a mini fest?

maybe some kind of radio festival?

honestly I'd like to see him added to the Orion Festival

christopher
03-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Cool! I'll be there for sure! :D

natureboy
03-13-2012, 03:15 PM
TM now describing the show as "Danzig Legacy: Performing music from Danzig, Samhain & The Misfits"

It's gotta be more than that though (i.e., a lot of bands) to justify the price tag (highest price $69.50 + fees) and huge capacity.

Also, lulz at the (presumably) lawn tickets being $13.13 before fees.

natureboy
03-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Maybe it is just a "Legacy" show and nothing more...

‎'DANZIG LEGACY' MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
IRVINE MEADOWS VERIZON WIRELESS

Hold on, It;'s Gonna be a Wild Ride...
DANZIG Triiumphantly returns to Irvine Meadows Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
with the 'DANZIG LEGACY' Show on May 26 Memorial Day Weekend.
Some of the Greatest & Most Memorable DANZIG Live Performances were at Irvine Meadows !!!
Tickets will go On Sale this Friday & for those Struggling in this economy DANZIG's got your Back,
There will be a Limited Number of Tickets available for Only $13.13.
You heard right 13-13...Don't wanna Mss this One,Fans 'Still' talk about the DANZIG Irvine Shows!!!

christopher
03-14-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm completely fine with just a Legacy show. I hope he changes up what Samhain/Misfits songs he does but I'm sure he won't. I can't wait!!

natureboy
03-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Really tempted to come out for this. Only time I saw the "Legacy" show was at Fun Fun Fun Fest and you guys know how that turned out. I don't think I can be satisfied seeing Danzig only sing two Misfits songs in my life.

Jochen
03-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Really tempted to come out for this. Only time I saw the "Legacy" show was at Fun Fun Fun Fest and you guys know how that turned out. I don't think I can be satisfied seeing Danzig only sing two Misfits songs in my life.

Go. I saw it in Chicago and it was amazing.

christopher
03-14-2012, 06:31 PM

Yeah that really sucks what happened. It will definitely be worth coming out for!

elturtleboy
03-14-2012, 06:47 PM
I wanna go sooooo bad :(

RampinUp46
03-14-2012, 07:54 PM

I'm really glad I didn't go that day, or I would have been pissed. :mad:

Other than Danzig being a little bitch and not going on when he was supposed to, how was the show?

natureboy
03-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Other than Danzig being a little bitch and not going on when he was supposed to, how was the show?

Performance itself was great. Everybody got super excited when Doyle came out and they started ripping into the Misfits songs. Just wish it would have had a different (longer) ending. :/

christopher
03-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Tickets barely went on sale 80 minutes ago and lawn is sold out, yet there are pit available. WTF?

Nater
03-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Cheap mother fuckers

KillerCannabis
03-18-2012, 06:11 AM
This is on Groupon for $20! Loge seating, though.

Last time I saw Danzig @ Irvine Meadows was the legendary Halloween night show in 1994. It'll be cool to see him there again.

300%_Density
03-19-2012, 06:54 AM
More Dates:

05/26 Irvine, CA – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (“Danzig Legacy“)
05/31 Kansas City, KS – Uptown Theatre (feat. Doyle Von Frankenstein)
06/01 Indianapolis, IN – Egyptian Room (feat. Doyle Von Frankenstein)
06/02 Detroit, MI – The Fillmore (feat. Doyle Von Frankenstein)
06/04 Silver Spring, MD – The Fillmore (feat. Doyle Von Frankenstein)
06/05 Pittsburgh, PA – Stage AE (“Danzig Legacy“)
06/07 Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory (“Danzig Legacy“)
06/09 Manchester, TN – Bonnaroo Festival (“Danzig Legacy“)

Steev
03-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Hopefully hit the Philly show up

Wishful thinking is that Prong will open since their current tour skipped major cities

Steev
03-19-2012, 09:16 AM
supposedly both London May and Doyle will do the Legacy shows

hiddenzombie013
03-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Bonnaroo is Danzig Legacy AND features Doyle, according to their lineup: http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/

They're #17 on the bill

Steev
03-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Bonnaroo is Danzig Legacy AND features Doyle, according to their lineup: http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/

They're #17 on the bill

my guess is Doyle will be at every show, but only certain shows will be the Legacy set

metallicbrian666
03-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Every Danzig Legacy show features Doyle. That's the whole point..............

mankvill
05-21-2012, 12:02 PM
More Dates:

05/26 Irvine, CA – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (“Danzig Legacy“)
05/31 Kansas City, KS – Uptown Theatre (feat. Doyle Von Frankenstein)
06/01 Indianapolis, IN – Egyptian Room (feat. Doyle Von Frankenstein)
06/02 Detroit, MI – The Fillmore (feat. Doyle Von Frankenstein)
06/04 Silver Spring, MD – The Fillmore (feat. Doyle Von Frankenstein)
06/05 Pittsburgh, PA – Stage AE (“Danzig Legacy“)
06/07 Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory (“Danzig Legacy“)
06/09 Manchester, TN – Bonnaroo Festival (“Danzig Legacy“)

So the show here is now:

Danzig/Doyle
Kyng
Monstro
Hammerlord

Dunno if they're all gonna have non-local openers

christopher
05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
I wonder who the openers for Irvine are...

Edit: openers are Kyng, Monstro and Witchaven...

Onioner
05-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Witchaven? Nice! This is probably the most mainstream audience they'll ever play to haha. I wish I could go this weekend, but having no transportation from LA is preventing me from going.

Chris_M_S
05-21-2012, 02:00 PM
I doubt the lawn sold out, it was probably never available. As was said earlier, the venue at full capacity is too big for this show, so they only are doing reserved seating, it looks like. Makes sense to me.

christopher
05-21-2012, 03:29 PM
I heard livenation just released lawn seats and every remaining seat is $13!

rjturtle9
05-21-2012, 06:29 PM
I heard livenation just released lawn seats and every remaining seat is $13!

Oh thank god!!! You going Chris?

christopher
05-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Oh thank god!!! You going Chris?

I am! I'm going to buy my ticket when the date gets closer. I'm seeing if my friend is going too so I know to get one or two tickets. Are you going? If so, parking lot pregamage? :D

rjturtle9
05-21-2012, 07:55 PM
I am! I'm going to buy my ticket when the date gets closer. I'm seeing if my friend is going too so I know to get one or two tickets. Are you going? If so, parking lot pregamage? :D

Yes and yes!!!!

christopher
05-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Yes and yes!!!!

Sweet!! What time are you getting to the parking lot? I get off work at 430 on Saturday and will probably head that way around 7 or so, maybe earlier.

rjturtle9
05-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Sweet!! What time are you getting to the parking lot? I get off work at 430 on Saturday and will probably head that way around 7 or so, maybe earlier.

I really have no idea...

KillerCannabis
05-22-2012, 11:47 AM
How is this even happening still? A quick look over at TM shows there are literally thousands of seats still open; hundreds of which are in Orch.

christopher
05-22-2012, 11:53 AM
How is this even happening still? A quick look over at TM shows there are literally thousands of seats still open; hundreds of which are in Orch.

haha calm down. If you click on the seat finder, it shows around 80 seats left in orchestra. Almost none of the terrace/lodge seats sold, so they lowered the price.

KillerCannabis
05-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Weird. When I checked earlier, it said there were at least over 250 seats in each Orch section. That, or I still have no clue how to use that damn feature on TM. Haha.

ravenheart
05-25-2012, 06:45 AM
:lol: Just read a comment from Danzig on his upcoming covers album... "people are going to be shocked".

Translation: "people are going to be disappointed".

300%_Density
05-25-2012, 06:48 AM
:lol: Just read a comment from Danzig on his upcoming covers album... "people are going to be shocked".

Translation: "people are going to be disappointed".

I wish bands would learn from other bands who say crap like that. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a statement like that, that was true. And it just makes everyone upset.

ravenheart
05-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Every now and again a band does something radically different and it's awesome. But that's super-rare.

KillerCannabis
05-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Actually, the first track released off the covers album, Devil's Angels, sounds like old-school Misfits, so I'd say that will shock most people.

mankvill
05-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Shortly after the public release of Danzig's 2010 studio effort, "Deth Red Sabaoth," frontman Glenn Danzig announced plans to record alternate renditions of songs dating back to 1970's "Garage, Metal, and Punk Rock," in what would come to be his currently untitled cover album. The first track to be unofficially released, "Devil's Angels" stands as a cover of the theme song featured in the 1967 Exploitation Film by the same name, something Danzig has apparently wished to do since the Misfits Era in 1979. He has stated that it has the exact same musical arrangement as when he originally wished to perform it during that time period, giving it a modern Misfits-type completed product, something us fans have wished for over the course of years, but never quite thought we would see. A full track listing is destined to be released within the coming weeks, as of now, all that is known is that the album will feature cover songs by such bands and artists as Black Sabbath, and of course, Elvis Presley.

RAZOR
06-05-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't think anyone aside from styleclash and I were going, but just incase...tonight's show in Pittsburgh has been cancelled.

stylesclash516
06-05-2012, 04:57 PM
I don't think anyone aside from styleclash and I were going, but just incase...tonight's show in Pittsburgh has been cancelled.

And I was totally looking forward to going nuts when Danzig played the Samhain songs and watching an entire crowd go out of their minds when Doyle ran out. :(

WOLVERINEKILLS
06-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Danzig's cover album will include tracks from Elvis and Black Sabbath, as stated in interviews. I found out a short while ago that it will include a ZZ Top cover and he is wanting to have a cover of a Hank Williams Sr. song with Hank 3 singing a duet with him, not sure if the Hank stuff will happen.

christopher
06-05-2012, 10:49 PM
he is wanting to have a cover of a Hank Williams Sr. song with Hank 3 singing a duet with him, not sure if the Hank stuff will happen.

HOLY SHIT!! Will my dream finally come true? I hope its the Angel Of Death! Watch this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnDpmwO39f4) Danzig and III recorded a set of demos before the 6/6/6 show that is titled the Silverlake Demos, but no one has them :( I would love them more than anything...

here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pEeGKRQRgA&feature=related) is footage of them recording the Silverlake Demos