PDA

View Full Version : Stick To Your Guns -- Kansas City, MO -- March 8th, 2012

Nick_to_the_face
03-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Who the hell knew that Kansas City would be the one city to host not one, but TWO off date Stick Ton Your Guns shows, for 5 bucks. Finally living in Kansas City has paid off :D

First, an explanation. Stick To Your Guns current drummer, George Schmitz is a KC native and plays in the local band Snake Eater which is where they first noticed him. And now since Snake Eater has gotten back together after a couple years off, they have been awesome, and brought STYG here for 5 bucks, the first time being a few months ago.

Anywho, this show was fucking incredible. The openers were two locals:
Renouncer, who I can only describe as angry, god-denouncing, hardcore with hints of black metal influences. I highly recommend them for any hardcore fans.
http://www.facebook.com/renouncer

The second was Snake Eater (who knew?) who is also really, really, really good. No way to describe them other than metal fused with hardcore, punk, and some really badass rock and roll. http://www.facebook.com/SNAKEEATERKC

Shamless local promotion is done, now back to the show :eyes: Like I said, this show was incredible. The show was in a local autoshop called KC Autoworx and no more than 60 people due to the little promotion and was in every way, a hardcore show. The band was right up in the crowds face, was interacting as much as they could, and the crowd ate it up. Everyone was able to get right up in Jesse's face and scream along as loud as they wanted and he handed off the mic more than once, and during the first chorus of Amber, he just threw the mic in the crowd and walked away. You could tell how happy they were to being playing in such a small place and that they were having a lot of fun. No complaints for the night what-so-ever.

Stick To Your Guns set:
Diamond
What Goes Around
Amber
Bringing You Down (A New World Overthrow)
We're What Separates The Heart From The Heartless
Some Kind of Hope
Against Them All
Where The Sun Never Sleeps
Empty Heads
Faith In The Untamed
Enough's Enough
Impact
This is More

Renouncer: 6.5/10
Snake Eater: 8/10
Stick To Your Guns: 10/10

Now it's time to see who hates :eyes:

jd091
03-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Fucking great set. Question: how much of the crowd were girls? When I saw them open for Terror, everyone went apeshit and beat the hell out of one another for Trapped Under Ice before them, and then everyone just stood still for Stick To Your Guns while a bunch of girls ran to the from and knew all the lyrics. It's weird when you're up front screaming the opening to Amber and you realize there are girls to your left and right singing louder. :eyes:

So yeah, that night they were totally eclipsed by Terror, Trapped Under Ice, and even Take Offense. But I've always loved them musically. It's a shame that 9 out of every 10 tours they do are scene-related when they are very obviously a hardcore band. Same problem The Ghost Inside is falling into, now.

mankvill
03-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Seriously, what's the fucking address for this place? Where is it? It's not the new name for the Scion Lab, is it?

brutal_descent
03-08-2012, 11:30 PM
nick

y u no post more often :(

Nick_to_the_face
03-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Fucking great set. Question: how much of the crowd were girls? When I saw them open for Terror, everyone went apeshit and beat the hell out of one another for Trapped Under Ice before them, and then everyone just stood still for Stick To Your Guns while a bunch of girls ran to the from and knew all the lyrics. It's weird when you're up front screaming the opening to Amber and you realize there are girls to your left and right singing louder. :eyes:

So yeah, that night they were totally eclipsed by Terror, Trapped Under Ice, and even Take Offense. But I've always loved them musically. It's a shame that 9 out of every 10 tours they do are scene-related when they are very obviously a hardcore band. Same problem The Ghost Inside is falling into, now.

Actually there were way more guys then girls, but there were still girls there. But there was only one that was up there with us screaming along.

Seriously, what's the fucking address for this place? Where is it? It's not the new name for the Scion Lab, is it?

It's on southwest boulevard, I sent you the link :hmm:
and no, but I heard the Scion Lab is still doing shows

nick

y u no post more often :(

Cause I'm a busy high rollin' man who's too busy seeing STYG for 5 bucks :lol:

I've just been really busy. My laptop was out of commission for a while, plus I has no interwebz at home.