PDA

View Full Version : Corrosion of Conformity -- Cleveland, OH -- March 5th, 2012

petrovar
03-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Venue: The Grog Shop
Source: Me

I've been a fan of COC for 18 years and this was the first time I've been able to see them live. I got Technocracy when I was 12 and was immediately hooked on their hardcore punk stuff. One thing I never thought I'd get to do in my life would be to mosh and sing to "Technocracy" with the three piece version of the band, but it finally happened!!

A Storm of Light opened the show. They were fucking intense! This is Josh Graham from Neurosis' side project. Cool visuals and some of the heaviest riffs I've heard live. I grabbed a vinyl from them after the show.

Next was Valient Thorr. I had only heard of them, but never knew what they sounded like. They were fun as hell and really knew how to shred.

Torche was the last opener. Again, I had only heard of them, but never knew what they sounded like. Awesome band as well.

Next up was Corrosion. They were awesome and capped off a great night.

Bottom Feeder (intro)
Psychic Vampire
Loss for Words
Mad World
Consumed
Your Tomorrow
The Doom
Vote With a Bullet
The Moneychangers
Deliverance :party:
Rat City
Holier
Hungry Child
Leeches
Technocracy :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::D:D:D:D

VoidFlame
03-06-2012, 06:03 AM
This is gonna be awesome in Montreal this summer!

sarsip
03-06-2012, 06:47 AM
When are the playing in Montreal?

maxpower
03-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Man this show sounds amazing. Thanks for the review. I really need to see Valiant Thorr again.

sarsip
03-06-2012, 10:10 AM
I found the COC date in Montreal. I haven't seen them since 2006(?), so this should be cool!

Nick_to_the_face
03-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I only know like 2 songs by these guys. Any recommendations? I'm deciding if I should go to this when it hits my date. I really wanna see Torche :D

Wrathchild_84
03-06-2012, 12:20 PM
All they need to do is add Rednekkk and I can die happy

elturtleboy
03-06-2012, 12:37 PM
All they need to do is add Rednekkk and I can die happy

Needs more Eye For An Eye.

MPF
03-06-2012, 12:49 PM
I can't wait for Thursday night. :drool:

El Gordo
03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
I only know like 2 songs by these guys. Any recommendations? I'm deciding if I should go to this when it hits my date. I really wanna see Torche :D

If you're looking to get familiar with this incarnation of COC, listen to Eye for an Eye, Animosity, Technocracy and the new album. That's what they're pulling from the most.

fletchzer
03-06-2012, 01:37 PM
This show sounds rad, very jealous!

bigguytoo9
03-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I saw Torche play w/ Boris and Lair Of The Minotaur 4 years ago. Cant wait to see C.O.C. plus Torche in Van. Should be one heavy mother of a show.

DrPogo
03-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Im sorry, but that setlist sucks ass.

Bring on the criticism.

mankvill
03-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Im sorry, but that setlist sucks ass.

Bring on the criticism.

I actually have never listened to CoC, but why do you say that?

MPF
03-07-2012, 01:15 PM

I can see why people say that because there is two sides to COC

The hardcore sides (which is what they originally did before Pepper Keenan was around.)

and The Bluesy, Stoner Rock, Stoner Metal, Sabbath inspired COC with Pepper Keenan.

I love both sides. so I can't be disappointed.

elturtleboy
03-07-2012, 04:17 PM
I can see why people say that because there is two sides to COC

The hardcore sides (which is what they originally did before Pepper Keenan was around.)

and The Bluesy, Stoner Rock, Stoner Metal, Sabbath inspired COC with Pepper Keenan.

I love both sides. so I can't be disappointed.

New COC was cool. I only dig Hardcore/Crossover era,but fans of both eras will dig it. COC IS NO LONGER BORING :rocker:

DrPogo
03-07-2012, 07:10 PM

Thank you for the inquiry rather than batting me down and belittling my taste. (I truly mean that)

Like someone said about the 2 sides of COC; they are drastically different. The crossover in comparison to Pepper's shit is like Ozzy/Dio or Dickinson/Bailey to me. Listen to Technocracy and then Rise River Rise

Oh yeah, watch Breaking Bad, that show kicks ass.

MPF
03-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Thank you for the inquiry rather than batting me down and belittling my taste. (I truly mean that)

Like someone said about the 2 sides of COC; they are drastically different. The crossover in comparison to Pepper's shit is like Ozzy/Dio or Dickinson/Bailey to me. Listen to Technocracy and then Rise River Rise

Oh yeah, watch Breaking Bad, that show kicks ass.

Name's MPF, how's it going?

DrPogo
03-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Sorry Brohim, knew it was the fella with the badass avatar of Hank fucking Scorpio, voiced by the genius Albert Brooks in Episode 2 of Season 8 of The Simpsons, "You Only Move Twice," CEO of Globex Corporation in Cypress Creek "upstate somewhere."

Next to The Simpsons and Trailer Park Boys, Breaking Bad is the best. Watch it.

DrPogo
03-07-2012, 10:36 PM
I really fucking hate dubstep. Johnathan Davis is a pussy.

MPF
03-08-2012, 02:46 AM
Sorry Brohim, knew it was the fella with the badass avatar of Hank fucking Scorpio, voiced by the genius Albert Brooks in Episode 2 of Season 8 of The Simpsons, "You Only Move Twice," CEO of Globex Corporation in Cypress Creek "upstate somewhere."

Next to The Simpsons and Trailer Park Boys, Breaking Bad is the best. Watch it.

You are a new friend of mine here. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

I really fucking hate dubstep. Johnathan Davis is a pussy.

Make that lifetime friend!

DrPogo
03-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Right on man!

Waiting for Koloss as urgently as I am?

Back to COC, I did just listen to their new album, and I have to say the trio surprised me.

MPF
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Right on man!

Waiting for Koloss as urgently as I am?

Back to COC, I did just listen to their new album, and I have to say the trio surprised me.

Oh yeah, Koloss is going to be a phenomenal album.

Yeah the new COC songs I dig a lot. I'm hoping I get to hang out wit them, and Torche tonight in Minneapolis.