PDA

View Full Version : Malevolent Creation have apparently stopped touring the US

hellawaits77ny
03-03-2012, 08:29 PM
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170612

Wonder if he's just blowing smoke or if this is for real. But as I've always said, metal crowds in America do suck. Hope this isn't permanent.

treghet
03-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be true, but if it does, I'm really glad I got to see them. They rule live.

mankvill
03-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Chocolate Milk

GarageMetal468
03-03-2012, 09:10 PM
They can cry me a fucking river. Thankfully we have many other bands who appreciate anything they get anywhere.

street_burial
03-03-2012, 10:02 PM
boo-fucking-hoo. Good riddance.

treghet
03-03-2012, 10:17 PM
It may seem like he's just crying about it, because that's how it comes off, but a lot of what he said is true. I admit, I haven't been to death metal shows in Europe myself, but from videos I've seen and the size of the crowds that attend, it's much better over there. Here a band of Malevolent Creation's popularity level probably struggles to make ends meet. I doubt that touring the US is financially viable for them and that's the same reason so many death metal bands don't tour here often. Also, I'd like to point out that he did not say they are going to stop playing shows in the US altogether, they're just done touring.

hellawaits77ny
03-03-2012, 10:55 PM
It may seem like he's just crying about it, because that's how it comes off, but a lot of what he said is true. I admit, I haven't been to death metal shows in Europe myself, but from videos I've seen and the size of the crowds that attend, it's much better over there. Here a band of Malevolent Creation's popularity level probably struggles to make ends meet. I doubt that touring the US is financially viable for them and that's the same reason so many death metal bands don't tour here often. Also, I'd like to point out that he did not say they are going to stop playing shows in the US altogether, they're just done touring.

You're completely right. Any legitimate metalhead can tell you the crowds and sales in Europe are much, MUCH better than over here. Yes, he's whining but he is completely right. I doubt these guys even make ends meet with the scene being the way it is in the US.

Epidemic Reign
03-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Who the fuck is Gus Rios?

Magson13
03-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Chocolate Milk

For life.

elturtleboy
03-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be true, but if it does, I'm really glad I got to see them. They rule live.

This

christopher
03-04-2012, 02:37 AM
NOOOO!!! They're suppose to tour Ten Commandments this year in the US :bawling:

kalfitegrdan
03-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Well, maybe they shouldn't play on the same day as Immortal then. Bastards.

dcmetal108
03-04-2012, 10:20 AM

:D:D:D

GarageMetal468
03-04-2012, 01:41 PM

This is one very good point. And yes, U.S. crowds fucking blow compared to Europe. Anyone who's even seen a live metal show video can conclude that. But the way they are handling this makes them look like a bunch of bitches. I hope they do realize that they still have fans, from casual to die hard in the U.S. and that this is one big slap in the face for all those people. A dick move if I'd say so myself.

kalfitegrdan
03-04-2012, 06:07 PM
This is one very good point. And yes, U.S. crowds fucking blow compared to Europe. Anyone who's even seen a live metal show video can conclude that. But the way they are handling this makes them look like a bunch of bitches. I hope they do realize that they still have fans, from casual to die hard in the U.S. and that this is one big slap in the face for all those people. A dick move if I'd say so myself.

This.

And damn them. I still need to see them.