PDA

View Full Version : To all people living in England

maidenpriest
03-02-2012, 11:29 PM
I was really wanting to move out to England in the next couple years for numerous reasons. Particularly because I'm a history major, I love English history and I just really want to live in Europe. So my main question is what are prices like? Like rent, transportation costs, groceries, etc. I looked online but I'm getting a lot of different prices and don't know what to trust, so I figured I would ask some people on here. Any input would be great! :) Thanks

mankvill
03-02-2012, 11:43 PM
they use some weird currency of weight over there. like, a carton of milk is like...6 pounds, 5 ounces.

Seventhzealot
03-02-2012, 11:45 PM
inb4 ravenheart being sarcastic and shit :D

ravenheart
03-03-2012, 11:14 AM
I was really wanting to move out to England in the next couple years for numerous reasons. Particularly because I'm a history major, I love English history and I just really want to live in Europe. So my main question is what are prices like? Like rent, transportation costs, groceries, etc. I looked online but I'm getting a lot of different prices and don't know what to trust, so I figured I would ask some people on here. Any input would be great! :) Thanks

100% dependent on where in England you want to live.

Live in the North, rent is cheap. Live in London, rent is unaffordable.

ravenheart
03-03-2012, 11:15 AM
they use some weird currency of weight over there. like, a carton of milk is like...6 pounds, 5 ounces.

No, a carton of milk is a pint... who the hell weighs milk?

treghet
03-03-2012, 11:21 AM

:lol:

mankvill
03-03-2012, 11:27 AM
No, a carton of milk is a pint... who the hell weighs milk?

LODSA MUNNY

DOSH

maidenpriest
03-03-2012, 02:18 PM
100% dependent on where in England you want to live.

Live in the North, rent is cheap. Live in London, rent is unaffordable.

I was looking into living in London metro somewhere. Doesn't have to be the actual city, but around there.

ravenheart
03-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I was looking into living in London metro somewhere. Doesn't have to be the actual city, but around there.

Yeah... it's all expensive. I live outside the Underground zones for a reason...

What kind of place are you expecting to have?

maidenpriest
03-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I was just going to want a 1 bedroom flat. Thats all I would need. Maybe even a studio.

powerslave_85
03-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Well, there's all that and the issue of getting a work or student visa. You can't just go over there and stay. But I hope you already knew that.

maidenpriest
03-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Well, there's all that and the issue of getting a work or student visa. You can't just go over there and stay. But I hope you already knew that.

Well obviously lol If i could pick up and leave and be successful that would be awesome but impossible. But i was just doing some initial research thats all.