PDA

View Full Version : MSG -- Seattle, WA -- February 19th, 2012

ImmortalEmperor
02-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Third time seeing MSG - always a great show. Pleasant surprise to see some Scorpions in the set.

01. Into the Arena
02. Armed and Ready
03. Lovedrive
04. Another Piece of Meat
05. Lover's Sinfony
06. Save Yourself
07. Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
08. Rock My Nights Away
09. Shoot Shoot
10. Love to Love
11. Too Hot to Handle
12. Let It Roll
13. Natural Thing
14. Lights Out
-----------------------
15. On and On
16. Rock Bottom
-----------------------
17. Doctor Doctor

The Ghost at Number One
02-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Definitely cool to see Scorpions songs in the set, but extremely disappointing (to me, at least) that they're only playing one song from the McAuley-Schenker era. It seems logical to me that, since Robin McAuley is back, they'd play at least a few songs from those (underrated) albums.

Onioner
02-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Half the set is made up of Scorps and UFO covers? Come on! Michael Schenker Group has been around since like, 1982 right? Surely they have enough material to do 90 minutes with maybe like one UFO cover thrown in.

converge241
02-29-2012, 05:00 AM
I dont care personally for the song but no "Anytime"?

Save Yourself is awesome always love hearing that still on Sirius/Xm Hair Nation

ImmortalEmperor
02-29-2012, 06:49 AM
I dont care personally for the song but no "Anytime"?

Yeah, my friend and I were quite surprised at that as well.

Half the set is made up of Scorps and UFO covers? Come on! Michael Schenker Group has been around since like, 1982 right? Surely they have enough material to do 90 minutes with maybe like one UFO cover thrown in.

Hard to argue with that - especially with UFO still an active band. But the UFO material went down great and with the crowd skewed heavily in the 40+ age group I guess, to an extent, Michael is just giving the people what they want...

Definitely cool to see Scorpions songs in the set, but extremely disappointing (to me, at least) that they're only playing one song from the McAuley-Schenker era. It seems logical to me that, since Robin McAuley is back, they'd play at least a few songs from those (underrated) albums.

Agreed - I found that odd as well.

Jimigroov
02-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Very dissapointing setlist. And I was really looking forward to seeing Michael and Robin next week. Only 1 Robin song. That is pathetic.
I don't mind the Scorpions tunes, since The Scorps. don't play those tunes that offen, but all of the UFO and early MSG is sad. I love UFO and that was when Michael was at his best, but he plays most of those tunes at all of his shows and UFO plays those all of those tunes at there shows, outside of Natural Thing

NO NEVER ENDING NIGHTMARE WITH ROBIN ON VOCALS? SOMEONE SHOULD BE SHOT. It's one of Michael's best songs ever.

tenchimyo
03-02-2012, 03:14 AM
Same comment about the lack of McAuley -Schenker songs. I had thought that was part of the point of getting back with McAuley....

Well, regardless I an still pumped to go to the show (and wills savour the lone Robin song :" ( )

tenchimyo
03-05-2012, 05:07 AM
Also, did anyone open for Schenker?

ImmortalEmperor
03-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Also, did anyone open for Schenker?

Just locals.

Jasonic
03-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I completely understand the complaints.

I was at the show in Chicago last Thursday and it was amazing.
Nothing else to say.

Mike looks and plays great. Robin is an amazing frontman.

I too would have loved to hear stuff like "Gimme Your Love" and "Anytime" but what you gonna do?

Having never seen UFO (believe it or not) I was MORE than pleased with the setlist.

Though for die hard fans of MSG, esp if you have been a long time fan who has seen UFO a lot, I could see it being disappointing.

Let's face it though. Whether you like VH1 / Eddie Trunk / That Metal Show, there is definitely more mainstream attention given to UFO than ever in a very long time. MSG knows that UFO has a new one coming out so I guess maybe he wanted to beat them to the punch and put out there that if you come to see his show, you will be guaranteed to hear some classics!

tenchimyo
03-11-2012, 05:03 AM
I was at the show in Chicago last Thursday and it was amazing.
Nothing else to say.

... that if you come to see his show, you will be guaranteed to hear some classics!

You pretty much hit it on the head- I def had a great time at the VA show- They sounded great. And like you said about UFO- great to see those songs live!