PDA

View Full Version : Arghoslent -- Chicago, IL -- February 25th, 2012

Wizzbang11
02-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Did not attend, jacked this from a NWN user who did.

The Grenadier
Defile the Angelic
Manacled Fraightage
Swill of the Knaves
Heirs to Perdition
Flogging the Cargo
Werguild
In Coffles They Were Led
The Purging Fires of War
Dog and Broom
The Negress
Rape of a Slave

apparently Grenadier was instrumental.

treghet
02-27-2012, 06:39 AM
Such a great set. :drool: I wish they would play more shows.

Wizzbang11
02-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Such a great set. :drool: I wish they would play more shows.

Agreed, the ONLY thing missing is the best song they ever wrote, Ghosts of Flossenburg. It'd be cool to have a few more off the first record too, but since they can't play everything it's no big deal.
And I wish this too, although even if they did I have no idea how I'd end up getting an invite to it, plus I believe Alex has said they will pretty much never play CA :(

BrutalN00dle
02-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Damn what a set.

girnny777
02-27-2012, 11:18 AM
They could play a set of my least favorite songs and it would still be amazing.

Natrlhi
02-27-2012, 11:22 AM
getting an invite:confused:

mankvill
02-27-2012, 11:23 AM
:confused:

The show was invite only

Natrlhi
02-27-2012, 11:51 AM
The show was invite only
Well yeah, I got that - but surely he's not implying that all of Arghoslent's shows are this way? For some reason that's the impression I got.

jd091
02-27-2012, 02:06 PM
The show was invite only

I was about to say... I keep a pretty good pulse on the Chicago lineups, and definitely did not hear about this.

DrPogo
02-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Its invite only because they are funded and put on by Hammerskins.

An invite may not be what you really want.

jd091
02-27-2012, 07:04 PM

Oh shit. :lol:

girnny777
02-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Yeah as much as I love Arghoslent I probably wouldn't go to any of their shows unless it was a big thing like MDF.

hellawaits77ny
02-27-2012, 09:31 PM

You're probably right.

Palabra de Dios
02-28-2012, 03:11 AM
I doubt they'd be added to a festival just because of the racial implications. Most of the good fests are so international and interracial nowadays that a band that is funded by white power groups likely wouldn't ever be invited by a fest the likes of MDF. Or even Rites of Darkness or whatever other decent-ish fest you can think of.

bigguytoo9
02-28-2012, 08:55 AM

heh, ouch. Just looked em up.

Natrlhi
02-28-2012, 09:24 AM

An invite may not be what you really want.See, this is what I suspected.

So my question is: Is this the case with all of their shows, a majority of their shows, or just a select few?

Wizzbang11
02-28-2012, 02:56 PM
See, this is what I suspected.

So my question is: Is this the case with all of their shows, a majority of their shows, or just a select few?

I think in the early/mid 90s they did some normal shows but apparently they usually get trouble whenever Arghoslent/GBK play public show from antifa or other anti racist groups, so now it's pretty much if you're in for a show, you know it.
Aside from a euro tour a few years ago I don't think they have really ever played a lot of shows.

DrPogo
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM
They honestly play quite often in the US but it tends to be unannounced because they're usually in the back yard of a facist group's compound with an an elaborate stage set-up of some grass, next to a pool with the band in the center of two swinging black guys in nooses and a burning effigy of Lil' Wayne.

jd091
02-29-2012, 12:34 AM
They honestly play quite often in the US but it tends to be unannounced because they're usually in the back yard of a facist group's compound with an an elaborate stage set-up of some grass, next to a pool with the band in the center of two swinging black guys in nooses and a burning effigy of Lil' Wayne.

wat

Wizzbang11
02-29-2012, 08:09 AM

Aside from the compound part, just, no.