PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- San Jose, CA -- February 23rd, 2012

Onioner
02-24-2012, 02:46 AM
Edit: Yikes! Sorry for falling for the fake set guys, I'll add the real set here, but keep the fake one down there so the discussion still has some context.

(Set actually played)
Trust
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Foreclosure of a Dream
Sweating Bullets
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Guns, Drugs & Money
Head Crusher
Hook in Mouth
A Tout Le Monde (With Cristina Scabbia)
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Encore
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

Copied from setlist.fm. The set is still too short, but kudos to the band for throwing a total curveball with the setlist. Not too sure I like it, but at least it's something really fresh compared to the last few tours.

(Fake set from setlist.fm)
Trust
Wake Up Dead
Foreclosure of a Dream
Public Enemy No. 1
Guns, Drugs & Money
Tornado of Souls
Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free) (with Cristina Scabbia)
Washington is Next!
A Secret Place
Train of Consequences
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Encore:

hellawaits77ny
02-24-2012, 03:14 AM
Washington is Next!
A Secret Place
Train of Consequences

Holy shit! Very nice to see they're switchin it up really random.

EDIT: Looks like somebody was trollin. It's been switched to a more normal looking set.

treghet
02-24-2012, 03:29 AM
I've been holding back on posting my opinion but I might as well just say it. Although I think it's cool they are FINALLY changing up some songs, I still think this set blows. I have a hard time understanding how so many people are loving it. While it's better than other recent ones, Dave is still neglecting a lot of his best material, as usual. I guess if you have a "I'll take what I can get" mentality you could enjoy this, but as for myself, I can't justify paying a ton of money for about four or five songs I would genuinely enjoy hearing. Of course, there's also the factor of Dave's voice and how they usually have a terrible mix. No matter how legendary a band is, if their live performance doesn't cut it, I'm not going to bother seeing them. To me it just seems like most people just want to say that they saw Megadeth, regardless of how they sound or what they play. I can't get behind that idea.

And as a sidenote... I am posting this to stimulate discussion, not a flame war. Just so nobody gets their panties in a bunch over my opinion. ;)

brutal_descent
02-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Correct set, via Megadeth forums:

Trust
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Foreclosure of a Dream
Sweating Bullets
Public Enemy No. 1
Guns, Drugs & Money
Head Crusher
Hook in Mouth
A Tout Le Monde @With[Cristina Scabbia]
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells

Silent Scorn @Tape

TheClairvoyant
02-24-2012, 04:29 AM
Knew the first setlist would be fake, it's rare for Megadeth to give us completely different set. I also noticed they stopped playing Hangar 18? and only 1 song off RIP? that sucks :( at least they're playing Hook in Mouth.

El Gordo
02-24-2012, 05:35 AM
:lol: Even though the fake setlist blows, at least it was different. But no, Dave pulls out the same old crap. Too bad, Train of Consequences would've been cool!

kalfitegrdan
02-24-2012, 05:50 AM
Not playing Hangar 18? Is that legal?

ravenheart
02-24-2012, 06:19 AM
But he's a racist, so why should we pay attention to which songs he's taking our money for? :eyes:

Maidenmagic
02-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Not surprised that first set was wrong. A secret place doesn't deserve to be played live. (Washington is next and Train of consequences do though.)

noahj
02-24-2012, 07:03 AM
At this point, I'm really just looking forward to Motorhead and Volbeat. I know Megadeths setlist is predictable, but no Hanger 18 would really be disappointing. Got excited about Five Magics but I'd take Tornadoes of Souls.

The Ghost at Number One
02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Not surprised that first set was wrong. A secret place doesn't deserve to be played live. (Washington is next and Train of consequences do though.)I've seen both A Secret Place and Train of Consequences performed live, and A Secret Place is considerably better.

TonyD
02-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Fuck the one time I don't go they play Hook In Mouth