PDA

View Full Version : HELLYEAH/Clutch Tour

NickLed19
02-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Maryland rockers CLUTCH will team up with HELLYEAH for a North American co-headlining tour this spring. Both bands will play full headlining sets. The trek kicks off April 13 in Providence, Rhode Island and runs through May 11 in Joliet, Illinooi. Throughout the tour, there will also be dates that feature CLUTCH only and HELLYEAH only as well as radio festivals and shows.

The dates are as follows:

Apr. 10 - Norfolk, VA @ The Norva (CLUTCH only)
Apr. 11 - Lancaster, PA @ Chameleon Club (CLUTCH only)
Apr. 12 - Albany, NY @ Northern Lights Ground (CLUTCH only)
Apr. 13 - Providence, RI @ Lupos
Apr. 14 - Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues
Apr. 15 - Long Island, NY @ Paramount Theater
Apr. 17 - Stroudsburg, PA @ Sherman Theater
Apr. 18 - Rochester, NY @ Water Street Music Hall
Apr. 20 - Traverse City, MI @ Ground Zero
Apr. 21 - Ft. Wayne, IN @ Pierre's
Apr. 22 - Toledo, OH @ Headliner's
Apr. 23 - Dayton, OH @ McGuffy's House of Rock (CLUTCH only)
Apr. 24 - Madison, WI @ Orpheum Theater
Apr. 25 - Des Moines, IA @ Val Air Ballroom
Apr. 28 - Lincoln, NE @ Box Awesome's Bourbon Lounge
Apr. 29 - Boulder, CO @ Boulder Theater
May 01 - Springfield, MO @ Gillioz Theater
May 02 - Wichita, KS @ Cotillion
May 03 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Diamond Ballroom (CLUTCH only)
May 04 - Sauget, IL @ Pops
May 05 - Chattanooga, TN @ Track 29
May 06 - Raleigh, NC @ Lincoln Theater (CLUTCH only)
May 06 - Atlanta, GA @ WLKS Project Cinco Party (HELLYEAH only)
May 08 - Libertyville, IL @ Austins
May 10 - Rock Island, IL @ Rock Island Brewery (CLUTCH only)
May 11 - Joilet, IL @ Mojoes
May 12 - Detroit, MI @ St Andrews Hall (CLUTCH only)
May 13 - Flint, MI @ Machine Shop (CLUTCH only)
May 19 - Hartford, CT @ WCCC Big Gig (HELLYEAH only)
May 27 - Pryor, OK @ Rocklahoma (HELLYEAH only)

Onioner
02-16-2012, 01:47 PM
West coast gets shafted as usual. I'm not too sad though, Clutch are probably only gonna play for 70-90 minutes and I'll bet Hellyeah will be pretty meh. Looks like it'll be another long wait for a legit cross country headlining tour from Clutch.

Magson13
02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Gonna miss the show on April 10th due to class...... But at least I've seen Clutch already, so it's not a huuuuuge disappointment.

BloodoftheKings
02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
If they're both playing full sets I hope Hellyeah plays last so I could leave after Clutch.

NickLed19
02-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Such a weird mix. HELLYEAH is awful.

mastodon421
02-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Who the fuck put this pairing together? Easily one of the most random tours I've ever seen (both of these bands respectives fanbases are going to hate the other band with a passion).

BloodoftheKings
02-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Who the fuck put this pairing together? Easily one of the most random tours I've ever seen (both of these bands respectives fanbases are going to hate the other band with a passion).

Hellyeah has fans?

HugeRockStar
02-16-2012, 02:42 PM
No Montreal date :(
I need to see Clutch again.

mastodon421
02-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Hellyeah has fans?

lol Unfournately

daimonos
02-16-2012, 03:39 PM
I want to see Clutch again so bad, but for some reason I'm happy that this show isn't in the city and I can't make it.

Natrlhi
02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Dayton / Toledo and Detroit / Flint / Chicago are all within traveling distance for me. Gotta check my calendar when I get a chance. Could happen, I suppose (barring conflicts with other shows, that is).

dcmetal108
02-16-2012, 04:54 PM
I like Hellyeah but hate the drive to Mojoes.

detuned
02-17-2012, 07:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7Sape.jpg

i hope for you clutch fans/hellyeah haters that this implies hellyeah closing

El Gordo
02-17-2012, 10:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7Sape.jpg

i hope for you clutch fans/hellyeah haters that this implies hellyeah closing

I hope they are closing. It's a co-headlining tour, meaning set times should be relatively equal. It also means people can leave after Clutch and not have to listen to the sonic AIDS of Hellyeah.

TonyD
02-17-2012, 12:52 PM
New picdisc single from Clutch???
Also, the only silver lining of STILL not getting Clutch dates is that I don't have the Hellyeah dilemma.

Onioner
02-17-2012, 03:04 PM
New picdisc single from Clutch???
Also, the only silver lining of STILL not getting Clutch dates is that I don't have the Hellyeah dilemma.

Looks like the picture disc has the bluesier song they've been playing recently. It should be on YouTube in pretty okay quality if you wanna listen. Too bad it's a picture disc though, those sound like shit.

Coma323
02-18-2012, 02:17 AM
If they're both playing full sets I hope Hellyeah plays last so I could leave after Clutch.

This.

dcmetal108
02-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Come on guys, HELLYEAH isn't bad live.

moobys37
02-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Come on guys, HELLYEAH isn't bad live.

But they're a godawful band.

dcmetal108
02-18-2012, 07:49 AM

Yeah I thought their album was just meh but live they were fun. Plus they were the first band I ever got into a pit for. :D

300%_Density
02-18-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't fully get the hatred for Hellyeah. I do understand a part of it. The first album wasn't terrible, the 2nd was meh but for all the times I've seen Clutch (7x)this is the best they have brought w/ them. I'll take this over Danko Jones at anytime. I still know that Clutch will blow them off the stage every night but that's just what Clutch does :rocker:

Nater
02-18-2012, 08:10 AM
This tour isn't coming to close to me but I saw Hellyeah last year and they were decent. They arn't nothing special but it could be a lot worse.

AnthG
02-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Both bands suck. Clutch just sucks a lot less. But they're boring as fuck live. Their set at Sounds of the Underground in '05 almost put me to sleep. And they played after Opeth too, who decided to play "To rid the disease" that night.

Epidemic Reign
02-18-2012, 12:39 PM
I think this may be the first time in the history of ever that someone has said "Clutch sucks".

mankvill
02-18-2012, 01:12 PM
But they're boring as fuck live.

sdoifjaiosdjfaosdjfaosdjfaposdjfapfhapsuohfaposdfu ap98eup0aejfaksjdfp08audf[0ajdfoad0fja[odjf[0af[aidf[0a8u[0fau[0dfjuasfasdfopaosidjfapoisjurp98wj

300%_Density
02-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Man I don't even really know where to even start on that comment. I was @ SOTU and saw them in '05. I didn't think they were great then but if the whole basis of an argument is a conclusion drawn almost 7 years ago there's honestly nothing I can even say to comment on that. That comment is a headscratcher.

Sepultura69
02-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Man I don't even really know where to even start on that comment. I was @ SOTU and saw them in '05. I didn't think they were great then but if the whole basis of an argument is a conclusion drawn almost 7 years ago there's honestly nothing I can even say to comment on that. That comment is a headscratcher.

I wouldn't sweat it. This is the same person that went to see marylyn mansion(and ONLY Maryln Mansion) at the Mansion/Slayer tour in 07' and ended up saying that mansion sucked live(he also thinks slayer sucks and that they are also a shitty live band). So it's all good, baby-bay buh :cool: :tp:

300%_Density
02-18-2012, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't sweat it. This is the same person that went to see marylyn mansion(and ONLY Maryln Mansion) at the Mansion/Slayer tour in 07' and ended up saying that mansion sucked live(he also thinks slayer sucks and that they are also a shitty live band). So it's all good, baby-bay buh :cool: :tp:

I'm not gonna lie. That oddly enough made me quite at ease hearing you say that. Thank you WIB :party:

AnthG
02-19-2012, 07:36 AM

If you're referring to my comment about them being a bad band, I'm not basing that just on their live performance. I'm basing that on hearing their music and not liking it. My comment on their live performance was just a side comment since we are in a thread about a Clutch tour. I only thought it would make sense to comment on such a thing.

I think i've said in several threads that Slayer put on a decent live show and that Manson was worse than Slayer that night.

SomewhereInTime72
02-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Anyone else deeply disappointed when they clicked this thread and realized the title didn't mean "HELL YEAH, CLUTCH TOUR!"

El Gordo
02-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Both bands suck. Clutch just sucks a lot less. But they're boring as fuck live. Their set at Sounds of the Underground in '05 almost put me to sleep. And they played after Opeth too, who decided to play "To rid the disease" that night.

Even if you don't like Clutch you have to admit they put on a terrific show. If you don't like a Clutch set, you just don't like good live music.

GarageMetal468
02-19-2012, 08:59 AM

I strongly believe that when you go to hell, they have Hellyeah's "Hellyeah" playing on repeat for eternity.

That being said, I do want to go to this to see Clutch, but it depends on prices (which will probably be pretty expensive). And no doubt about it, as soon as Clutch finishes I'm getting the hell out of there. Witnessing Hellyeah's stuff getting set up alone is enough to give me AIDS, a brain tumor and a stomach ulcer all at once.

Epidemic Reign
02-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Anyone else deeply disappointed when they clicked this thread and realized the title didn't mean "HELL YEAH, CLUTCH TOUR!"

:lol: We should be so lucky.

Derelict
02-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Fuck yes on getting one of the Clutch only dates.

TonyD
02-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Fuck yes on getting one of the Clutch only dates.

Sonofabitch.
California gets screwed again.

Onioner
02-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Sonofabitch.
California gets screwed again.

Should've gone to SLO or Sacramento last year...

dcmetal108
02-24-2012, 11:49 AM
The joliet show is 21+.

TonyD
02-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Should've gone to SLO or Sacramento last year...

I was kind of kidding. But I think there was some reason I couldn't otherwise I would have.

300%_Density
04-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Not worth posting set but the good news is the Hellyeah "full headlining set" is only 11 songs. Something to still be grateful for.

Natrlhi
04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
The joliet show is 21+.I'm thinking about going to that, by the way. I'll be in Northwest Indiana for the weekend, so why the fuck not?

Is anybody on here going?

GarageMetal468
04-17-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm thinking about going to that, by the way. I'll be in Northwest Indiana for the weekend, so why the fuck not?

Is anybody on here going?

Would be if it wasn't 21+.

imanidiot777
04-18-2012, 03:58 AM
Not worth posting set but the good news is the Hellyeah "full headlining set" is only 11 songs. Something to still be grateful for.

Did you go to the show in Stroudsburg, PA?

300%_Density
04-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Did you go to the show in Stroudsburg, PA?

I didn't. I was setlist.fm lurking. It's showed that same set for a few shows on that your already.