PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden North American Tour 2012

Pages : 1 [2]

Maideneer
02-25-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm having trouble mapping my plan out. Wantagh, Camden & Newark are in. Sarnia is a maybe & Buffalo as well, I'd have to take a couple days off work. Who's doing what now?

electrocute1031
02-26-2012, 08:59 AM
I am pretty sure it's going to be March 3rd, but I'm not 100%. Also, I could have told you the show wasn't in Boston, I must have missed your intial posts in this thread.

Yeah it's march 3rd. Just checked the live nation site.

IrritatedTrout
02-26-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm having trouble mapping my plan out. Wantagh, Camden & Newark are in. Sarnia is a maybe & Buffalo as well, I'd have to take a couple days off work. Who's doing what now?

I'm definitely doing the ones in my sig and I keep feeling tempted to do Newark too but it's inconvenient in that I'd be traveling the opposite direction of home after the DC gig and it would require 3 more hotels. So I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it, I had so much fun in New York in 2010 though.

DisposableJustice
02-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Man I am jealous of you guys who are able to do multiple shows; If I had the money and Time I would do Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Albuquerque and then my hometown Denver

IrritatedTrout
02-26-2012, 09:37 AM
It's harder out there in the West I bet. Atlanta is pretty far out for me but Philly and DC are like 3 hours apart. It must be really easy when you live in Jersey and 3 shows are like 2 hours apart.:lol:

DisposableJustice
02-26-2012, 09:44 AM
It's harder out there in the West I bet. Atlanta is pretty far out for me but Philly and DC are like 3 hours apart. It must be really easy when you live in Jersey and 3 shows are like 2 hours apart.:lol:

I know it. In 2008 two friends and I saw Maiden in New Mexico since they didn't do Denver that year. Out of the 3 cities I listed, Albuquerque is the closest clocking in at about 6 hours driving

If I were to do this dream trip it would have to be by air. More expensive yes but I hate being confined in a car for more than 4 hours. The 2008 trip was my limit and was only helped by my two buds taking turns driving the car. The trip was well worth it Maiden kicked major ass

IrritatedTrout
02-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I have about a 5 hour drive to Charlotte and a 4 hour drive from there to Atlanta. Luckily my girlfriend's sister lives in Charlotte and we'll be visiting for a few days so the driving days will be spread out and I'll have her with me to drive with.

TonyD
02-26-2012, 02:04 PM
I know it. In 2008 two friends and I saw Maiden in New Mexico since they didn't do Denver that year. Out of the 3 cities I listed, Albuquerque is the closest clocking in at about 6 hours driving

If I were to do this dream trip it would have to be by air. More expensive yes but I hate being confined in a car for more than 4 hours. The 2008 trip was my limit and was only helped by my two buds taking turns driving the car. The trip was well worth it Maiden kicked major ass

Did you get a room or drive to and from the show all in one day?

Seventhzealot
02-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Man I envy all you guys. I'll probably be only making one date and that too at a bit of a stretch :bouville:

Sanitarium78
02-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Since my money situation has been good lately, it looks like i'll probably go to the Toronto show in addition to the one here in Buffalo.

IrritatedTrout
02-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Man I envy all you guys. I'll probably be only making one date and that too at a bit of a stretch :bouville:

Atlanta I'd guess?

Seventhzealot
02-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Atlanta I'd guess?

Yeah pretty much. I've seen them thrice but then its fucking Maiden so I'm itching to go. However its at a pretty intricate time, just months after I graduate and go job-hunting so its all pretty airy right now :hecho:

IrritatedTrout
02-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Graduate college or high school?

Seventhzealot
02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Grad school.

Maiden33
02-26-2012, 04:21 PM
If I had the money I'd travel to see a band who actually changes their show from night to night, or travel to Europe to see a band that doesn't come here once every 1-2 years.

rjturtle9
02-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I know his is gonna sound bad, but is there anyone in the Iron Maiden FC that isn't gonna use their presale code for all 4 tickets? I only need one GA ticket, but I barely have enough money for that. Can't renew my FC subscription. If any of you can help me out, that would be great.

masterguy49
02-26-2012, 04:30 PM

Don't worry man, I have a feeling we will be getting it on the world tour.

IrritatedTrout
02-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Grad school.

Nice. I'm actually graduating from undergrad this May so I probably should be as concerned as you but I'm not super hopeful that I'll have a real job before July.

If I had the money I'd travel to see a band who actually changes their show from night to night, or travel to Europe to see a band that doesn't come here once every 1-2 years.

No band is worth spending a bunch of money on more than Maiden.

I know his is gonna sound bad, but is there anyone in the Iron Maiden FC that isn't gonna use their presale code for all 4 tickets? I only need one GA ticket, but I barely have enough money for that. Can't renew my FC subscription. If any of you can help me out, that would be great.

The code is 4 tickets per show so I doubt there are many who will do that. I would help you but I'm not going to Irvine so the stupid fucking paperless system means there's no way to get the ticket to you.

Seventhzealot
02-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Don't worry man, I have a feeling we will be getting it on the world tour.
Sure hope so dude

Nice. I'm actually graduating from undergrad this May so I probably should be as concerned as you but I'm not super hopeful that I'll have a real job before July.

Same here man. I live in a real shitty place for my specialization :lol: But again I'm not certain if I'll even be here then so its a bit iffy.

No band is worth spending a bunch of money on more than Maiden.
Also, this.

Wrathchild_84
02-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Gonna hit Jones Beach and Dallas

DisposableJustice
02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Did you get a room or drive to and from the show all in one day?

We did get a room and spent 2 nights in NM;

So I guess it wasn't that bad in terms of traveling but still the 6 hours from Denver to ABQ and then 6 back was really painful

Also in that There is NOTHING between Santa Fe, NM and Colorado Springs, CO

NOTHING

Epidemic Reign
02-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Do we know yet when tickets go on sale? I'm a little too drunk/lazy to go through backpages right now so if someone could just answer that for me I'd appreciate it ;)

DisposableJustice
02-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Do we know yet when tickets go on sale? I'm a little too drunk/lazy to go through backpages right now so if someone could just answer that for me I'd appreciate it ;)

Depends on what date; most early dates are March 2nd while some of the later dates are March 3rd

*OR*

Just look at the tour date page yo

http://www.ironmaiden.com/tourdates.php

Most are the 3rd it seems

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-26-2012, 10:47 PM
I may hit up the Atlanta date. Its 6 hours from home BUT thats probably as close as they will come to my area. I've never seen Maiden or Alice so it should be fun.

gilpdawg
02-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Couldn't you do Indy?

IrritatedTrout
02-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Not good news for those going to Irvine. Yikes.

http://www.livenation.com/event/09004850C22B5EE8?crosssite=TM_US:735341:73757

masterguy49
02-27-2012, 10:05 AM

$156, Holy shit!

TonyD
02-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Wow, completely "paperless ticket" event, lawn tickets starting at $40. That's gonna hurt attendance.

brutal_descent
02-27-2012, 10:10 AM
This paperless ticket bullshit might keep me from going. This is really fucking pissing me off.

sfhui
02-27-2012, 10:13 AM
I hate this paperless idea:flame:

sfhui
02-27-2012, 10:14 AM
This paperless ticket bullshit might keep me from going. This is really fucking pissing me off.
exactly, it's hard to arrange my trip if i dont have tickets in hand

brutal_descent
02-27-2012, 10:22 AM
exactly, it's hard to arrange my trip if i dont have tickets in hand

Yeah, and since I don't have a credit card under my name, that makes things way worse than just a matter of having a ticket in hand.

Sanitarium78
02-27-2012, 10:22 AM
I had the paperless ticket on Maiden's 2010 tour. It wasn't bad for me since it was just for the GA pit in front. But if all the tickets are paperless it's gonna take forever to get into the venue if everyone has to check in at the ticket booth. All you have to do is have your ID and the card you bought the tickets with but that's gonna be a pain in the ass when 10,000 people are all trying to do that.

RAZOR
02-27-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't really like the paperless ticket idea either because I like to actully have a ticket, hold a ticket, and know I have one. :lol: It's not gonna stop me from going though, but still.

Sanitarium78
02-27-2012, 10:36 AM
I don't really like the paperless ticket idea either because I like to actully have a ticket, hold a ticket, and know I have one. :lol: It's not gonna stop me from going though, but still.

That's my only issue with it to.

I know some people are worried something will fuck up but just make sure you have your confirmation number they give you if you order online and you'll be OK. Also, call the venue a couple times in the week leading up to the show to doublecheck that they have them. Your confirmation number should be able to clear things up if on the off chance something happens to your order.

TonyD
02-27-2012, 11:14 AM
You actually get a ticket when you enter the venue. It's just a hassle because if you legitimately need to sell your ticket if something comes up, you're fucked.

DisposableJustice
02-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah, and since I don't have a credit card under my name, that makes things way worse than just a matter of having a ticket in hand.

It's a hassle but you might try buying a credit card gift card; that way you have a "card" for the venue to have to get your ticket; you might want to contact ticketmaster just in case

I agree this paperless system is really a bad idea; more in like your case a lot of fans may not have their own credit card because of their age or other stuff

EDIT: never mind ticketbastard won't do gift cards; sorry

Do you have a debit card because that would work too

http://www.ticketmaster.com/paperless

IrritatedTrout
02-27-2012, 01:10 PM
You can always just use your parents card if they will let you. I've done paperless 6 times and never once had my ID checked. That being said, paperless is the stupidest fucking idea in the world.

rjturtle9
02-27-2012, 01:28 PM

Holy fucking shit! Looks like I'm not getting GA this year!

TonyD
02-27-2012, 01:59 PM
I really hope they're doing lawn 4 packs.
Also the Sac show is up, and lawn tickets are the same price but the most expensive tickets are 30 bucks less and should be easier to get good seats, and its on a Saturday. Tempting.

OraclesofAgony
02-27-2012, 02:02 PM

:bouville:

TonyD
02-27-2012, 02:05 PM
That's LA for you, bros.

Maiden33
02-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, paperless tickets can suck my balls. Need I mention what happened to me in Virginia in 2010? Got to the venue at like 10:30 AM to wait in the GA line, to have the guy working the machine be completely clueless about how to use it, and get held up in line for what seemed like an eternity when gates opened. Instead of being on the rail like I should have been, I was like 3-4 rows back.

It's like, if they insist on doing this, they NEED to have a person or two out there with a machine all day to get the GA people's tickets printed in advance so that when the gates open you don't have shit like this happen. How difficult would that be?

NickLed19
02-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Is every seat gonna be paperless or just some?

IrritatedTrout
02-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Didn't help that that one fucker insisted on searching us all when none of the other employees were doing it.

Is every seat gonna be paperless or just some?

Should just be the pit and the best pavilion seats. Looks like it might be all the tickets in LA though.

rjturtle9
02-27-2012, 02:40 PM
When they played here in '10, the line was long as shit due to people not knowing how to work the machines. Maiden had to start 30 minutes later then expected, just so everyone can get in on time.

Butcher of Birth
02-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Way to break my bank LA...

brutal_descent
02-28-2012, 03:29 AM
You can always just use your parents card if they will let you. I've done paperless 6 times and never once had my ID checked. That being said, paperless is the stupidest fucking idea in the world.

I'd have to bring their credit card, and there's no way in hell my parents would let me take their card anywhere, least of all to a concert.

KillerCannabis
02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Fucking hell... $156?! That stings.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-28-2012, 11:30 AM
The Maiden pit tix are more than my 2 day RotR field tix. Count me out. Thats ridiculous.

NickLed19
02-28-2012, 01:55 PM
The Maiden pit tix are more than my 2 day RotR field tix. Count me out. Thats ridiculous.

Maiden is 10x better than any band on ROTR though. Plus you get Alice Cooper.

OraclesofAgony
02-28-2012, 02:00 PM
So yeah, don't know if I'm going to this now, with those ridiculous prices in Irvine.

PowerMaiden
02-28-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry there but everybody who's winning about ticket prices get a fucking life. It's Iron Maiden for Christ sake. It's pretty much all the same price for any artist playing in a arena or an amphiteater that size. They're not your average club band who you pay 40 bucks for a concert.

I canno't believe that with the shows announced 5 months in advance you can't come up with a way to find the 100 $ for the tickets and another 100 $ for spending money in the gig.

Anyway, that was my rant of the day :) have a nice one

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sanitarium78
02-28-2012, 02:58 PM
I think the most rediculous thing i've seen with the ticket prices are the service charges. Most shows are like what $10 or maybe $12 a ticket but for this I see that there's a service charge of $15 or $16 per ticket for the better seats.

For the show here in Buffalo the prices for the reserved seats are $95.00, $79.50, $59.50, $39.50 and the lawn is $28.00. I don't know how it is everywhere else but overall that's not too bad but it's the higher than normal service charges that are the real killer here.

PowerMaiden
02-28-2012, 03:00 PM
I think the most rediculous thing i've seen with the ticket prices are the service charges. Most shows are like what $10 or maybe $12 a ticket but for this I see that there's a service charge of $15 or $16 per ticket for the better seats.

For the show here in Buffalo the prices for the reserved seats are $95.00, $79.50, $59.50, $39.50 and the lawn is $28.00. I don't know how it is everywhere else but overall that's not too bad but it's the higher than normal service charges that are the real killer here.

agreed !

those services charge are ridiculous

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
02-28-2012, 03:05 PM
They're not your average club band who you pay 40 bucks for a concert.

what the hell club bands are you seeing :eek:

Sanitarium78
02-28-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm sorry there but everybody who's winning about ticket prices get a fucking life. It's Iron Maiden for Christ sake. It's pretty much all the same price for any artist playing in a arena or an amphiteater that size. They're not your average club band who you pay 40 bucks for a concert.

I canno't believe that with the shows announced 5 months in advance you can't come up with a way to find the 100 $ for the tickets and another 100 $ for spending money in the gig.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Keep in mind that the bulk of the members on this board are all high school/college age and they might not even have jobs, or if they do it's probably only part time and they're not making too much.

Maiden33
02-28-2012, 03:09 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Shocking stance. :tp:

The ticket prices for the majority of the shows aren't bad, they're basically what I've come to expect for Maiden, which I don't have a problem with. $85 for GA pit isn't outrageous and they still give you the option of affordable lawn tickets for those who want to go but don't care that much about proximity. But that Irvine show is fucking absurd, and way more than it should be. Regardless of what the show is "worth", to charge one venue $40 more for tickets than everywhere else for no good reason is just plain stupid. Also what sucks is that for arena shows like Newark, NJ, the "cheap seat" options are $68 plus charges? Are you kidding me? This is why I always avoid arena shows in favor of amphitheaters when possible.

Regardless of how much you like a band, the stance "Charge me more!" is never the correct one. The irony of the situation is that any artist who IS charging $80+ for tickets most likely doesn't even need the money, they could retire at this point in their career. The struggling, working artists are the ones asking $20 for small-scale shows, and honestly I'd sooner pay a great, lesser known, struggling band $100 out of my pocket than give it to a band playing an arena 30 years into an established career. This is NOT a dig at Maiden in any way, just my personal stance. My point is that I understand the law of supply and demand and that bands wouldn't charge these sorts of prices if the public wasn't willing to buy them... but that doesn't mean the answer is encouraging them to keep doing it, because sooner or later people do have a breaking point. I can tell you right now, as much as I do love Maiden, if the tickets for the show here were $150, I wouldn't be going.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Maiden is 10x better than any band on ROTR though. Plus you get Alice Cooper.

Not disagreeing BUT most of those bands (Incubus, Shinedown, Zombie, Megadeth, 5FDP, Slash, etc) sell as many, if not more albums in the US. I love Maiden but they have overpriced their tickets IMO. Hell, thats way more than what I paid for Mayhem who has Slipknot (Definitely selling more albums/concert tickets in the US than Maiden at this time), Slayer and Motorhead.

Not hating on Maiden, just their ticket prices.

TiradesOfTruth
02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Average cost for a club show around here is $20 and for maybe a larger band at a smaller place $30 at the most.

PowerMaiden
02-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Shocking stance. :tp:

The ticket prices for the majority of the shows aren't bad, they're basically what I've come to expect for Maiden, which I don't have a problem with. $85 for GA pit isn't outrageous and they still give you the option of affordable lawn tickets for those who want to go but don't care that much about proximity. But that Irvine show is fucking absurd, and way more than it should be. Regardless of what the show is "worth", to charge one venue $40 more for tickets than everywhere else for no good reason is just plain stupid. Also what sucks is that for arena shows like Newark, NJ, the "cheap seat" options are $68 plus charges? Are you kidding me? This is why I always avoid arena shows in favor of amphitheaters when possible.

Regardless of how much you like a band, the stance "Charge me more!" is never the correct one. The irony of the situation is that any artist who IS charging $80+ for tickets most likely doesn't even need the money, they could retire at this point in their career. The struggling, working artists are the ones asking $20 for small-scale shows, and honestly I'd sooner pay a great, lesser known, struggling band $100 out of my pocket than give it to a band playing an arena 30 years into an established career. This is NOT a dig at Maiden in any way, just my personal stance. My point is that I understand the law of supply and demand and that bands wouldn't charge these sorts of prices if the public wasn't willing to buy them... but that doesn't mean the answer is encouraging them to keep doing it, because sooner or later people do have a breaking point. I can tell you right now, as much as I do love Maiden, if the tickets for the show here were $150, I wouldn't be going.

fair enough for the Irvine gig, I didn't know there was such a difference , as far as you rather encourage young bands and not going to see Maiden more than once or even not going if the price are too high well all the power to you but you're not the kind of Maiden fan I am. That's with not disrespect towards you at all. It's just that for me,and a lot of die hard fan, and all my friends ticket prices are the last thing that comes to mind when a possibility of a Maiden gig comes around. It's not even a subject of discussion. What's 50 $ for a concert experience that you will never forget.

and by the way you can't stop rolling your eyes and everything I post, I know you don't like me and I told you I wasn't gonna rerspond to your topics anymore

So Opeth and Katatonia are average club bands :confused:

for me yeah

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

OraclesofAgony
02-28-2012, 03:52 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Well I barely would've been able to afford a 100-110 ticket before they sell out at this point in time. For a 150+ ticket, there's just no way. I wouldn't be complaining if Irvine was similar in price to the rest of the shows.

PowerMaiden
02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Average cost for a club show around here is $20 and for maybe a larger band at a smaller place $30 at the most.

my ticket for Children Of Bodom last night was 44$ all included. They played a club the Metropolis which hold 2300 people at full capacity and where bands like Opeth, In Flames or Motorhead usually play. I even saw Slayer and Megadeth headlining there in the past.

But anyway. My point was the difference between band that does NHL\NBA arena shows and those kind of bands

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
02-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Keep in mind that the bulk of the members on this board are all high school/college age and they might not even have jobs, or if they do it's probably only part time and they're not making too much.

Yeah, I'm too old for this board, I should quit :tongue:

Chhers !
PowerMaiden

IrritatedTrout
02-28-2012, 04:33 PM
I gotta say that the Irvine price is a bit too much when some of the shows don't even break the $100 mark with fees. However, I don't see the problem with charging $80 to $95 for a pit ticket. They're a popular band who are gonna put on a big show, that's just the way ticket prices work nowadays. Hell, I paid a little more than $60 to see Alice alone last October. $100 for Alice and Maiden is fine by me. It could be a lot worse, they could pull a Van Halen, Roger Waters, or Rush (as much as I love them) and charge anywhere between $125 and $250 for the best tickets to every show. Or they could go the truly shitty route of charging hundreds to be in the front rows by making you buy VIP packages.

OraclesofAgony
02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
I gotta say that the Irvine price is a bit too much when some of the shows don't even break the $100 mark with fees. However, I don't see the problem with charging $80 to $95 for a pit ticket. They're a popular band who are gonna put on a big show, that's just the way ticket prices work nowadays. Hell, I paid a little more than $60 to see Alice alone last October. $100 for Alice and Maiden is fine by me. It could be a lot worse, they could pull a Van Halen, Roger Waters, or Rush (as much as I love them) and charge anywhere between $125 and $250 for the best tickets to every show. Or they could go the truly shitty route of charging hundreds to be in the front rows by making you buy VIP packages.

That's what I was hoping for, but was expecting 100-115.

IrritatedTrout
02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Like I said, Irvine really is overpriced when compared to all the other markets. Sucks for you guys. The Nor Cal shows are a lot cheaper I think if you;re interested in making a trip of it.

masterguy49
02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Anymore than $110ish more pit is pushing it.

IrritatedTrout
02-28-2012, 04:40 PM
I wish they'd post the right price for Atlanta. It used to say $117 then said $80 and now says $117 again.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
I went on ticketmaster, and it said Atlanta tix were between $34-$117 or something like that. As bummed as I am, I think I'll have to go with lawn seats :boohoo: this will be my first time seeing 'Maiden, and I can't pass it up, even if I won't have the best view.

IrritatedTrout
02-28-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm really hoping they will be cheaper tomorrow. The price for Atlanta isn't set up the same as all the other dates (lacking fee information) so I'm hoping it's incorrect. The seating chart hasn't been fixed yet either. If it really is $117 I'll be bummed because it's the only show where I'm buying as ticket for someone else.:lol:

TonyD
02-28-2012, 05:43 PM
When you think about it, the good tickets are gonna sell, and even if they were cheaper a bunch of them would end up getting scalped. They're gonna charge whatever people are willing to pay.

Butcher of Birth
02-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah I have decided to to both Calgary and Alberta. Irvine was exciting, but looking at the prices for everything as a whole, too much for me.

IrritatedTrout
02-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Are you still doing Georgia?

Dissimulate
02-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah I have decided to to both Calgary and Alberta. Irvine was exciting, but looking at the prices for everything as a whole, too much for me.

If you're travelling to see shows, why in the hell would you choose Alberta?

Northern_Shaman
02-28-2012, 08:47 PM
If you're travelling to see shows, why in the hell would you choose Alberta?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This requires some serious explaining. Probably has family or something there though.

Maiden33
02-28-2012, 09:06 PM
My question is why would you back out of a show because of a $30-40 price differential when you're spending hundreds (if not well over a grand or two) to travel to shows?

anomynous
02-28-2012, 09:13 PM
That's what I'm wondering

rjturtle9
02-28-2012, 11:21 PM
My question is why would you back out of a show because of a $30-40 price differential when you're spending hundreds (if not well over a grand or two) to travel to shows?

Plus he can save money on hotel fare if he stays with me, not like ima rape him or anything... :eyes:

NickLed19
02-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Not disagreeing BUT most of those bands (Incubus, Shinedown, Zombie, Megadeth, 5FDP, Slash, etc) sell as many, if not more albums in the US. I love Maiden but they have overpriced their tickets IMO. Hell, thats way more than what I paid for Mayhem who has Slipknot (Definitely selling more albums/concert tickets in the US than Maiden at this time), Slayer and Motorhead.

Not hating on Maiden, just their ticket prices.

If you think this sucks, check out Van Halen ticket prices.

mastodon421
02-29-2012, 04:39 AM
Lawn tickets here are $55 and the Pit tickets are $97. Still on the fence about going, but I was i expecting to pay more than $55 for a lawn ticket.

converge241
02-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Can I just say im psyched for 10am? :party:

The Somewhere back in Time got right up front for as well thanks to Fan Club and was sooo glad. That show was way up there on my all time list and I have seen so many shows (coudlnt even count hundreds upon hundreds) so this is a must buy

MA show by the way

ravenheart
02-29-2012, 05:56 AM
What happens at 10am?

girnny777
02-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Iron Maiden fanclub presale starts.

ravenheart
02-29-2012, 06:02 AM
Oh right. I thought that had already happened, seeing as foreign members and US members who wanted in on the planned trip at the end of June got theirs two weeks ago.

Spiral_Slave
02-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Any chance someone could hook me up with a presale code for Atlanta?

Steev
02-29-2012, 06:38 AM
so my membership expired without me knowing

shit

fingers crossed on the radio/live nation app presale

girnny777
02-29-2012, 07:02 AM
Just got my email for the Live Nation presale :D

Maiden33
02-29-2012, 07:07 AM
Got my tickets - GA Pit for Camden!

Spiner202
02-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Any chance someone could hook me up with a presale code for Atlanta?

Or Toronto? :D

converge241
02-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Pit for MA ;)

gilpdawg
02-29-2012, 07:38 AM
Pit in Indy!

IrritatedTrout
02-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Ticketmaster has fucked up and put the ticket limit in their system wrong. Got pit for Camden, DC, and 2 for Atlanta! Waiting on the problem to get resolved to get Charlotte.

Sanitarium78
02-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Ticketmaster has fucked up and put the ticket limit in their system wrong. Got pit for Camden, DC, and 2 for Atlanta! Waiting on the problem to get resolved to get Charlotte.

That might explain why I got pit tickets for Buffalo but then when I tried to get tickets for the Toronto show it told me "Sorry, but tickets are no longer available for this promotion". It said that no matter what level tickets I tried to get:mad:

EDIT: The presale for the Toronto show is working now, so the problem appears to be fixed.

IrritatedTrout
02-29-2012, 08:16 AM
It's fixed now but, yeah, that was why.

Christen
02-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Scored pit tickets for the Edmonton show! So excited to get to see Maiden for the second time.

PowerMaiden
02-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Québec, Toronto & Montréal tickets are bought

Cheers !
Power:666:Maiden

Skyline Chili Buoy
02-29-2012, 10:39 AM
How do you obtain a presale code through Live Nation?

NickLed19
02-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Whats the code?

Christen
02-29-2012, 11:17 AM
How do you obtain a presale code through Live Nation?

Right now there is only the Iron Maiden Fan Club pre-sale where you get a special one-time use code. There will be a separate pre-sale for Live Nation.

Skyline Chili Buoy
02-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Right now there is only the Iron Maiden Fan Club pre-sale where you get a special one-time use code. There will be a separate pre-sale for Live Nation.

Any idea when that is supposed to occur and how I can sign up to get a password for that?

Christen
02-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Any idea when that is supposed to occur and how I can sign up to get a password for that?

I think LN was posting the details on their Facebook page if you wanted to check that.

TonyD
02-29-2012, 11:28 AM
I think you can automatically get it if you get the app for your phone

scrunt
02-29-2012, 11:28 AM

If you get the Live Nation mobile app and favorite the show, they should email you a code. Make sure you are logged into the app though.

TonyD
02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Looks like the Sac show has a pit, Mountain View doesn't. And it's only $85 including fees...

Fe Maiden
02-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Bought my tix.....expensive!!!!!!!! I had to settle for less than what I desired seating wise. Still in the center but further back. Could not afford $240 for 2 tix to be as close as I wanted!

IrritatedTrout
02-29-2012, 12:36 PM
I think the LiveNation password is supposed to be Saxophone.

Butcher of Birth
02-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I bought all my tickets, if anyone wants my code PM me.

NickLed19
02-29-2012, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the code.

Tix purchased. I am ready for June. :D

TiradesOfTruth
02-29-2012, 02:12 PM

TiradesOfTruth
02-29-2012, 02:13 PM

Yeah man thanks alot for the code you made my day man :rocker:

Steev
02-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Pit is sold out for Camden, hopefully they have more available for the Live Nation presale

sfhui
02-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Pit is sold out for Camden, hopefully they have more available for the Live Nation presale

fan club presale is only 1/10 of the totally tickets dont worry

Butcher of Birth
02-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Yeah man thanks alot for the code you made my day man :rocker:

Have to help a fellow metalhead out!!!! :light:

IrritatedTrout
03-01-2012, 06:58 AM

I got one for Camden but I still need Charlotte. Clinging to hope that they held a certain amount for the Livenation presale and the general sale!

Sanitarium78
03-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Québec, Toronto & Montréal tickets are bought

Cheers !
Power:666:Maiden

I'll be at the Toronto show to:rocker:

I got the GA pit for Buffalo but got seats for Toronto. I wanted to get the pit for both shows but I didn't quite have enough to do it for both.

rjturtle9
03-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Livenation presale is fucking up! Not getting any tickets! Not even lawn!

RAZOR
03-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I bought pit for Camden earlier this morning, so there still some left. :D

rjturtle9
03-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Ended up paying $112 for a loge seat all the way on the side! FML! :bouville:

PowerMaiden
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I'll be at the Toronto show to:rocker:

I got the GA pit for Buffalo but got seats for Toronto. I wanted to get the pit for both shows but I didn't quite have enough to do it for both.

cool :naughty: I'm in the pit in Toronto

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Butcher of Birth
03-01-2012, 11:51 AM
No one else is going to Calgary or Edmonton?!?!

Hangar19
03-01-2012, 12:11 PM

Nope. It will just be you in the arena by yourself.

GarageMetal468
03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
If you're using the fan club code, do you have to provide some sort of proof you're part of the fan club later on after purchasing the tickets? Stupid question but I'm paranoid about stuff like that.

Fe Maiden
03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Ended up paying $112 or a loge seat all the way on the side! FML! :bouville:What venue? FC pre-sale was yesterday. Might not be much left.

IrritatedTrout
03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
If you're using the fan club code, do you have to provide some sort of proof you're part of the fan club later on after purchasing the tickets? Stupid question but I'm paranoid about stuff like that.

Nah, you don't.

GarageMetal468
03-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Alright, thanks man. Just bought mine! I got the lawn area so no paperless tickets! :party:

rjturtle9
03-01-2012, 01:43 PM
What venue? FC pre-sale was yesterday. Might not be much left.

Irvine. I was using the livenation app presale.

IrritatedTrout
03-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Do you have to buy em through the smartphone to use that? Or just get the code from the smartphone and then use your computer?

powerslave_85
03-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Got my Boston tickets today! It's in the rear-most seated section, which isn't amazing, but oh well. I'll try to get better ones for Montreal tomorrow.

rjturtle9
03-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Do you have to buy em through the smartphone to use that? Or just get the code from the smartphone and then use your computer?

Have to use the phone.

Fe Maiden
03-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Irvine. I was using the livenation app presale.The FC presale had center loge seats but there was NO way I was paying $250 for 2 tickets! F*ck that! $180 for Terrace center was butt raping enough!

Dissimulate
03-01-2012, 03:05 PM
I checked ticketmaster, and I could get floor seats if it weren't for that faggy paperless bullshit.

Christen
03-01-2012, 03:06 PM

I'll be in the pit at the Edmonton show.

natureboy
03-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Yeah, so like 10 minutes before the Houston presale, my boss called me into his office and kept me there for like 20 minutes. When I got back, pit was sold out. :/

Still got decent seats. Plus, pit in Dallas and floor for Vancouver.

ravenheart
03-01-2012, 03:50 PM
I checked ticketmaster, and I could get floor seats if it weren't for that faggy paperless bullshit.

I'll let you look at a scan of my paper ticket if you like ;)

dcmetal108
03-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah, so like 10 minutes before the Houston presale, my boss called me into his office and kept me there for like 20 minutes. When I got back, pit was sold out. :/

Still got decent seats. Plus, pit in Dallas and floor for Vancouver.

Your avatar picture :lovedup::lovedup:

natureboy
03-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Your avatar picture :lovedup::lovedup:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Crionics
03-01-2012, 05:09 PM
So I got the okay from my mom to go to this (DC Date), but she told me not to buy tickets right away. So I'll probably have to get cheaper seats again. Still happy that I'll be going though!

street_burial
03-01-2012, 05:10 PM
I'll probably have to get cheaper seats again. Still happy that I'll be going though!

same here. I'll probably end up getting lawn this time around.

mattlion
03-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Have to use the phone.

Not true - you get the code emailed to you and you can use it via the traditional site.

GameFreac
03-01-2012, 06:03 PM
If anyone gets the pre-sale code for the Livenation sale tomorrow, post it here. Gonna wake up early to get my tickets since I have to work at 10 am on Saturday, which is when they go on sale to the general public.

scrunt
03-01-2012, 06:23 PM
If anyone gets the pre-sale code for the Livenation sale tomorrow, post it here. Gonna wake up early to get my tickets since I have to work at 10 am on Saturday, which is when they go on sale to the general public.

See post #357 on page 36 of this thread; that is the correct code for the Live Nation presale. :)

Sanitarium78
03-01-2012, 06:56 PM

Paperless tickets ARE NOT a problem at all. Have you ever had your tickets kept at will call for a show? That's exactly what this is. Like I said a number of pages back, when you get to the venue have the order number they give you when bought the tickets and everything will be fine. Bring your ID and the card you made the purchase with just in case, but all you need is the order number.

PowerMaiden
03-01-2012, 07:33 PM
agreed , paperless tickets is no problem at all

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Christen
03-01-2012, 07:40 PM
My main problem with paperless is I like to have a physical ticket to keep as a souvenir.

IrritatedTrout
03-01-2012, 07:45 PM
My main problem with paperless is I like to have a physical ticket to keep as a souvenir.

This.

Maiden33
03-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Anyone who is saying "There is no problem with paperless tickets" has never used them at a GA Maiden show. Irritated Trout knows what I'm talking about first-hand.

rjturtle9
03-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Anyone who is saying "There is no problem with paperless tickets" has never used them at a GA Maiden show. Irritated Trout knows what I'm talking about first-hand.

And so do I!

IrritatedTrout
03-01-2012, 08:08 PM

Indeed. Employees should know how to do their jobs.:lol:

mNDAS
03-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Anybody got some presale codes??

Help a fellow Metalhead out.:):)

PowerMaiden
03-01-2012, 08:16 PM
they give you a seat locator stub, it's not as nice as a real ticket but at least you can have something for your tickets collection. I have them all since 1984.

also yes I read your story with the stupid people who fuck up with your line Maiden33, that fucking sucks I agree. But I think by know they must know better how to work it out

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

GameFreac
03-01-2012, 11:08 PM
See post #357 on page 36 of this thread; that is the correct code for the Live Nation presale. :)

Cool thanks

Dissimulate
03-01-2012, 11:36 PM
My problem with paperless is that I don't own a credit card. If I did I'd hate it a lot less. Whatever, I have good seats and I think that I've actually come to prefer having seats unless I plan on moshing.

noahj
03-02-2012, 04:56 AM
i tried the password on page 36 but doesn't work. Anyone got a password they don't mind sharing?

scrunt
03-02-2012, 05:58 AM
i tried the password on page 36 but doesn't work. Anyone got a password they don't mind sharing?

I don't think the code is valid until 10:00AM local time

Maideneer
03-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Prob gonna go with a cheap seat for Jones Beach to get full perspective, expensive non-GA seat for Newark, and cheap lawn for Camden.

Am I the only guy who doesn't enjoy a pit ticket anymore? I guess it's because I'm 5'6" and can't see a thing or I just don't wanna be crammed in with thousands of others anymore.

girnny777
03-02-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm at work right now so I'll be trying to order tickets with live nation's iPhone app... Wish me luck

Steev
03-02-2012, 07:02 AM
calling bullshit, at 10 they only have lawn

Maideneer
03-02-2012, 07:10 AM
YAY! Cheap seat right down the middle up top for Wantagh. Janick side of stage for Newark a few rows back, awesome.

GameFreac
03-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Just got my lawn ticket for $34 total...no fees. Sweet.

Sanitarium78
03-02-2012, 07:16 AM
calling bullshit, at 10 they only have lawn

That doesn't sound right. Which show is this for?

IrritatedTrout
03-02-2012, 07:19 AM
I can't get pit anywhere. Only need Charlotte but was testing a few other shows. I think the pool of tickets was just for the overall presale-IMFC, Livenation, Citi card, etc. I'd say the IMFC just had first crack at that overall pool and the rest will be released tomorrow.

Steev
03-02-2012, 07:19 AM
That doesn't sound right. Which show is this for?

Camden, tried the live nation and radio presale and they only let you pick lawn

IrritatedTrout
03-02-2012, 07:21 AM
I tested Camden just to see and I couldn't get anything either. Charlotte is offering me the same tickets that the IMFC presale was yesterday so I hope that means my theory is right.

Sanitarium78
03-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Camden, tried the live nation and radio presale and they only let you pick lawn

I wonder if between the Miaden fanclub presale that started wednesday and the live nation one, they're holding off some tickets until they go on sale to the public tomorrow. Hard to believe that all the seats would be sold out on the presale.

Maybe you should try again tomorrow when the real sale begins.

Steev
03-02-2012, 07:28 AM
I wonder if between the Miaden fanclub presale that started wednesday and the live nation one, they're holding off some tickets until they go on sale to the public tomorrow. Hard to believe that all the seats would be sold out on the presale.

Maybe you should try again tomorrow when the real sale begins.

I will but Im gonna be royally pissed if I cant get pit, my IMFC membership expired and was too late to get a code, then both LN and the radio station are only givin up lawn

Steev
03-02-2012, 07:42 AM
ok I have to say that Sanitarium is complete life saver, the IMFC code let me get Pit tickets(which still kinda goes with Live Nation fucking around, but that's not really a surprise)

girnny777
03-02-2012, 08:57 AM
YAY! Cheap seat right down the middle up top for Wantagh. Janick side of stage for Newark a few rows back, awesome.

Nice! What section in Wantagh? I'm in 7L.

Maideneer
03-02-2012, 09:04 AM
22 right up top.

Christen
03-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Looks like the GA floor sold out quick for the Edmonton show. Glad I joined the Maiden fan club for the pre-sale.

PowerMaiden
03-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Sarnia's Bayfest tickets are bought V.I.P. up front section :)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Wizzbang11
03-02-2012, 10:33 AM

I'll be at Calgary.

Got fucked out of GA everywhere and got eh seats to Shoreline, but I'm seein em twice in 7 days so I'm not complaining.

RAZOR
03-02-2012, 10:35 AM
My boyfriend was able to get two pit tickets for Camden this morning using the IMFC code. We're all set! :D

TonyD
03-02-2012, 11:13 AM
$85 pit tickets in Sacramento are still up... decisions...
I guess the paperless ticket thing is working.

noahj
03-02-2012, 01:30 PM
IMFC doesn't work for Denver. Anyone got anything else? Desperate to try and get through before tomorrow.

Butcher of Birth
03-02-2012, 01:47 PM
I'll be at Calgary.

Then I'll see you there!

mNDAS
03-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Fuck yea got my tickets woooooooo!!!:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Dissimulate
03-02-2012, 04:34 PM

I'll be going to the Edmonton show. I'm still amazed that you people from the States chose here to travel too.

powerslave_85
03-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Got my Montreal ticket!

noahj
03-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Anyone have any presale code for Denver?

smearCampaign
03-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Just snagged lawn tickets for Houston for me and my girl. Thinking about grabbing floor for San Antonio.

zgodt
03-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Got a pit ticket for Chicago. :)

treghet
03-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Does anybody know when tickets for the second Irvine date go on sale? I don't see it listed on Maiden's tour page or Live Nation.

Spiner202
03-03-2012, 07:35 AM
That was brutal...My brother and I were both checking at 10AM and pit tickets were sold out. I managed to get 200 level seats twice, but they were towards the back both times and were the same price as 300 level seats towards the front.

Also, for some reason, the rogers presale only allowed for 300, 400, and lawn tickets, which sucks because they waive the service charge. We settled for 300 level tickets in the middle in row F because we saved $40 through Rogers.

Tickets are already up on eBay of course :(

makethemsuffer12
03-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Got 2 for Jones Beach. Orchestra was gone so I had to settle with the section right behind it, which sucks because it costs the same. Got a center view though, so that's good.

Solarian13
03-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Just got a floor ticket for Montreal on July 11th. Third time seeing Iron Maiden, first time seeing Alice Cooper, should be a good show :D

mastodon421
03-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah I'm definitely not going now, the only tickets left in MA are shitty seats and they are like 80 bucks no thanks.

Fates Guardian
03-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Well, I couldn't get pit tickets, but I got tickets nonetheless. Maiden Atlanta here I come!

Maidenmagic
03-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Having trouble getting Houston tickets. Ticketmaster is a bitch.

DisposableJustice
03-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Got 4 lawn seats for Denver

Come on August!:rocker:

AnataFan4Life
03-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Got my tickets for Charlotte. Gonna be epic :rocker:

Maidenmagic
03-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Lawn tickets for Houston! Just hope they don't get lost in the mail.

hiddenzombie013
03-03-2012, 10:10 PM
I got Charlotte tix too! Since pit sold out, I got the best seats I could that were cheaper than the pit price. I don't usually like to buy a ticket the same price as pit if I'm not down there myself. Still got to catch em in the pit last year though. I'm just excited to see them period.

rjturtle9
03-28-2012, 05:23 AM
Second Irvine date added for Aug. 10th. Now to come up with $150 in two days. Anyone wanna buy my little brother?

IrritatedTrout
04-04-2012, 08:23 AM
http://alicecooper.com/tour-terror

Alice has added dates before the start of the Maiden tour.

PowerMaiden
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Ottawa Bluesfest july 7 th just confirmed, another gig for me :party:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
04-24-2012, 09:07 PM
http://alicecooper.com/tour-terror

Alice has added dates before the start of the Maiden tour.

I think I'll be seeing him June 15th in KC with my Dad! :D

cradle_of_maiden
04-25-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm assuming there's gonna be a second leg announced. They've been ending tours in Florida for the past couple tours so I think I will just wait for them to come here again. Can't really afford the trip to Georgia.

IrritatedTrout
04-25-2012, 07:44 PM
I'd imagine there'd be one or two FL shows at the end of the plane leg in 2013. 99% sure there would be no more U.S. dates besides that though.

Travis The Dragon
07-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Well, my uncle has a car load and won't be able to pick me up for Rock Fest so no Iron Maiden for me! :( Not the end of the world though since Rush, Motley Crue/KISS, and my most favorite guitar player ever, Steve Vai are coming!

Travis The Dragon
07-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Well, my dad and I might be meeting a friend of ours near where Rockfest is and driving there with him so all hope is not lost!

IrritatedTrout
07-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Dude don't give up on it so easily. I guarantee it'll be waaaaay better than all those shows (except maybe Rush).

PowerMaiden
07-20-2012, 07:13 PM
compared to Maiden, those shows are total garbage, in other words, complete shit

nothing compares to Maiden for a live show sorry dude

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

rjturtle9
07-20-2012, 07:28 PM
compared to Maiden, those shows are total garbage, in other words, complete shit

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

:tp:

mankvill
07-20-2012, 09:30 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

obviously you've never seen Peelander-Z

makethemsuffer12
07-20-2012, 09:31 PM
:tp:

Do you expect anything else from him?

XDoomsayerX
07-20-2012, 10:33 PM
obviously you've never seen Peelander-Z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iawmOggGoeE

First video I saw by em. :lol:

Travis The Dragon
07-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Well, my dad's having car troubles so it's a no go, but it's really not the end of the world and I'm sure they'll be back around at least a couple more times.

TonyD
07-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Well, doesn't sound like you wanna see em that bad.

Travis The Dragon
07-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Of course I really want to see them, but I'll also get over not seeing them.

NickLed19
07-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Maiden is one band, that it would be hard to get over missing.

brutal_descent
07-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Looks like I'll be going to this, actually :D

Christen
07-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Won First to the Barrier for Edmonton!

natureboy
07-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Won First to the Barrier for Edmonton!

Ditto for Vancouver.