PDA

View Full Version : Nightwish -- Donnington, UK -- June 12th, 2005

Dead_skin_mask
06-19-2005, 11:49 AM
1. Dark Chest Of Wonders
2. Planet Hell
3. Nemo
4. Wish I Had An Angel

This band are truly awesome. If you have not heard them yet then I advise you strongly to check them out. Shame they could only play 4 songs. They had a bombscare at the airport and were an hour late as a result. :mad:
Still these 4 songs were all great, good to see Nightwish finally getting some recognition here in the UK :horns:

MetalDrummer888
06-19-2005, 07:43 PM
nightwish....i admit im not an expert on them, but the songs ive heard have been awful

painkiller
06-20-2005, 07:46 AM
nightwish....i admit im not an expert on them, but the songs ive heard have been awful

Which songs were they?

MetalDrummer888
06-20-2005, 08:31 AM
i do not remember the name or album, but a friend let me listen to a cd for awhile

Dead_skin_mask
06-20-2005, 10:53 AM
You think? I can understand why people wouldn't like them but don't see how anyone could view them as awful :confused:

ADD
06-20-2005, 12:31 PM
You think? I can understand why people wouldn't like them but don't see how anyone could view them as awful :confused:

Well I think they're awful too, so there's 2 for ya:lol:

Spiral_Slave
06-20-2005, 01:13 PM
I love Nightwish. They are the only one of their kind, no other band sounds like them at all. Majestic symphonies, driving gutiar and bass, thunderous drums, beautiful vocals, and truly amazing lyrics. I serisouly think people dont even give them a try. They hear one song and say oh that sucks and neve give it anoter listen

MetalDrummer888
06-20-2005, 02:03 PM
well, you guys got my curiosity up so i downloaded some nightwish songs, and i admit they arent "awful." i dont think they are that great, and some of teh songs are just to cheesy. I do like the vocalist because she makes nightwish sound very unique....reminds me of Queen, bal-sagoth, edguy, and riverdance mixed together :eyes:

lol im actually enjoying this....i dont know why...they just dont sound like anything ive ever heard

painkiller
06-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Well I think they're awful too, so there's 2 for ya:lol:

Thats two bands i count now that i really like and you hate. Nightwish and Motley Crue. :cool:

painkiller
06-20-2005, 03:07 PM
well, you guys got my curiosity up so i downloaded some nightwish songs, and i admit they arent "awful." i dont think they are that great, and some of teh songs are just to cheesy. I do like the vocalist because she makes nightwish sound very unique....reminds me of Queen, bal-sagoth, edguy, and riverdance mixed together :eyes:

lol im actually enjoying this....i dont know why...they just dont sound like anything ive ever heard

Which songs did you download?

ADD
06-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Thats two bands i count now that i really like and you hate. Nightwish and Motley Crue. :cool:

Yup:cowboy:

MetalDrummer888
06-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Which songs did you download?
lets see...

Nemo
I Wish I Had an Angel
Moondance
Phantom of the Opera
Gothic Sancuary
Gatekeeper

and some others i think.....but those were the ones i liked

maybe ill think about picking up a cd for when i feel like some easy listening

MetalDrummer888
06-20-2005, 07:47 PM
well for an update, i take back most of the crap ive given nightwish...i think i will pick up Once..it sounds great....its just that nightwish are very very light and that takes a little getting use to (ive been listening to immortal, kovenant, and cradle of filth a lot lately)

MetalDrummer888
06-20-2005, 07:49 PM
ADD, i suggest you actually listen to a few songs like i did because you might decide they arent so bad after all

you just have to understand they arent ment to be hardcore metal :tp:

Dead_skin_mask
06-21-2005, 01:57 AM
well for an update, i take back most of the crap ive given nightwish...i think i will pick up Once..it sounds great....its just that nightwish are very very light and that takes a little getting use to (ive been listening to immortal, kovenant, and cradle of filth a lot lately)
:party: Good move mate, I can certainly understand about getting used to light music! But Once is an excellent buy, such a unique band :metal:

painkiller
06-21-2005, 03:01 AM
lets see...

Nemo
I Wish I Had an Angel
Moondance
Phantom of the Opera
Gothic Sancuary
Gatekeeper

and some others i think.....but those were the ones i liked

maybe ill think about picking up a cd for when i feel like some easy listening

:rockdevil

ADD
06-21-2005, 09:29 AM
I have no real desire to look in-depth to Nightwish's music. There are oodles of other bands I wanna check out who have managed to grab my attention based on just some samples and maybe a song or 2. For so called "easy listening" I'll just put on some Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Uriah Heep, UFO, Wishbone Ash, Led Zeppelin, Budgie, etc.

MetalDrummer888
06-21-2005, 10:32 AM
I have no real desire to look in-depth to Nightwish's music. There are oodles of other bands I wanna check out who have managed to grab my attention based on just some samples and maybe a song or 2. For so called "easy listening" I'll just put on some Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Uriah Heep, UFO, Wishbone Ash, Led Zeppelin, Budgie, etc.

thankyou for sharing :party: