PDA

View Full Version : In Flames -- Toronto, Ontario -- February 14th, 2012

passty
02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
What a night. So exhausted so I'm gonna make this quick.

First band was Kyng. They were alright, some catchy riffs but they were just okay for me.

Second band was Veil Of Maya. As I've said before, I'm not into deathcore/hardcore bands (except for Suicide Silence) so to me they weren't that great.

Third band was Trivium. Not too into them, but don't dislike them either. They were definitely a lot better live than I expected. They were pretty enjoyable.

Capsizing The Sea
In Waves
Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr
Black
Forsake Not The Dream
Departure
Built To Fall
Like Light To The Flies
Caustic Are The Ties That Bind
Down From The Sky
Throes Of Perdition

Last band was In Flames!!!!! Last time I saw them was Gigantour 2008. At that show they were just okay. This time, they were fantastic!!! So much energy on stage and Andres' speeches between songs were pretty funny.

Sounds Of A Playground Fading
Deliver Us
All For Me
Trigger
Alias
Swim
The Hive
The Quiet Place
Where The Dead Ships Dwell
Fear Is The Weakness
Come Clarity
Ropes
Delight & Angers
------
Cloud Connected
The Mirror's Truth
Take This Life

VoidFlame
02-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Seeing this tonight in Montreal! :party:

The_jman
02-15-2012, 01:35 PM
what the hell is up with that in flames set... no pinball map or only for the weak? = fail...

Grayfox
02-15-2012, 09:23 PM
In Flames is fail in general. I used to be a huge fan of this band and now I can't stand them. I've seen them live 10+ times since 1999 and I will never go see them again. What's the point? To hear backing tracks? To hear Anders struggle to hit notes that he can't possibly hit, yet somehow, MAGICALLY, in the studio he can? Or maybe the point is to go see 1 song from Whoracle and 1 song from Clayman -- because the rest is certainly shit.

The more mediocre (at best) albums they put out, the worse their setlists get. This is a classic example of a once great band falling from grace. At least Dark Tranquillity is still good.

Strobic Axe
02-16-2012, 08:15 AM
I was at this show also and thought it was great. Really enjoyed Kyng but VoM wasn't my cup of tea.
I went specifically to see Trivium and they were fantastic. My only complaint was that the set was too short. They announced that they would be back in April with a new & longer setlist, so I guess I should have waited for them to come as a true headliner (when this show was announced locally it was billed as a co-headlining show between Trivium and In Flames, but that wasn't the case).
I really enjoyed In Flames as well, much to my surprise. I'd never seen them live, and their albums don't do it for me. I found the live versions heavier and more up my alley.