PDA

View Full Version : Field Poll

slapguitarer
02-06-2012, 04:26 PM
So, I have to do a field poll for my Government class. I'm planning on asking people IRL as well, but I thought it'd be interesting to see what the forum thinks. Please, take this seriously. So, it's 5 questions on a social issue and 5 questions that pertain to a political poll so, here we go. Thanks.

Age?
Ethnicity?
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc)

Social issue poll:
Should abortion be legal?
Do you think it is morally permissible?
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion?
Do you consider a fetus life?
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue?

Political poll:
Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election?
Which is your preferred Republican candidate?
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican?
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not?
Do you trust electronic voting?

BloodoftheKings
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
white
upper middle class

Social issue poll:
yes
fuck morals
maybe
kind of
federal

Political poll:
yes
Romney
Democrat
He did ok
idk

there ya' go.

BloodoftheKings
02-06-2012, 04:41 PM
RON PAUL CUZ HES GONNA LEGALIZE WEED LOL

I like Ron Paul more than Romney but he isn't really in the running anymore.

Epidemic Reign
02-06-2012, 04:54 PM
White
Middle Class

Social issue poll:
Yes
Yes
Less
I consider a fetus to be part of the mother's body/life until birth
Neither (strictly family issue)

You might as well just leave me out of the political poll. It's a whole lot of don't know/don't care/indifferent for me.

powerslave_85
02-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Age? 26
Ethnicity? Hispanic
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc): Middle class

Social issue poll:
Should abortion be legal? Yes.
Do you think it is morally permissible? Yes.
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? Less.
Do you consider a fetus life? No.
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? Federal, in the sense that Roe vs. Wade should stand and states should not be allowed to pass laws restricting access to abortion.

Political poll:
Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? Yes
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? None.
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Democrat
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Yes. Too long to get into here, but I think he was solid on foreign policy and the economy does seem to be slowly improving. Then again, I would rather vote for a rotting dog carcass than any of the Republican candidates, so take that as you will.
Do you trust electronic voting? No. Diebold's connections with conservatives/Republicans are way too shady, and it's not secure enough.

Maiden33
02-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Age? 21
Ethnicity? White
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) Lower-Middle Class

Social issue poll:
Should abortion be legal? Yes
Do you think it is morally permissible? Yes
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? Less
Do you consider a fetus life? No
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? Federal, in that it should be legal everywhere in the country.

Political poll:
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? N/A
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Yes. Given the unbelievable amount of damage to the system prior to him entering office, I think he has done a good job to prevent things from getting any worse. The economy does seem to be getting a little bit better recently. He seems to be making some strides in some areas, which is more than I believe others would be doing.
Do you trust electronic voting? No

Indestructible
02-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Age? 19
Ethnicity? White
Vague description of your financial situation:No Job, no income, looking to change that

Social issue poll:
Should abortion be legal? No
Do you think it is morally permissible? No. If there are health problems and the baby is going to die in the womb anyways then its fine. But some people abort just because they don't want a baby that I find wrong.
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? I don't think anyone should be getting an abortion. As I said before there are health problems where the baby might die in the womb, that is the only time it is nessecary to abort.
Do you consider a fetus life? Yes. I've seen ultrasound pictures, it sure looks like a life to me. Looks like a developing child
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? Neither, government doesn't need to have their hands in any part of our lives definetly concerning this, they will just make it worse.

Political poll:
Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? No
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? No one. Ron Paul seems to be the only good one but I still dont trust him
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? No, I dont ever plan on voting. I dont even go by politcal labels.
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? No. People need to dig deeper into who he is. Look up the National Defense Authorization Act he signed on I think it was New Years Eve. This act will put Americans in jail for whatever reason government sees fit. The act says it will detain anyone who comitts an act of terror, but it refuses to say who would be a suspected terrorist, it refuses to say what is considered an act of terror. It should be logical what an act of terror is but still this act should define it, so we know who it is specifically targeting. Look into the internet killswitch he talked about back in early 2010, it will create an Orwellian state on the internet. Sites will be shut down and monitored you will also need an ID to acess most websites. Also he has not ended the war even though that was one of his campaign promises. Instead he has sent thousands of more troops over seas to destroy countries that didn't even attack us.
Do you trust electronic voting? No. I dont trust any form of voting because who becomes president is not determined by the people.

llama lom
02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Age? 19
Ethnicity? Hispanic
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) Middle class

Social issue poll:
Should abortion be legal? Yes. What a person does with their body is their own business.
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? Only in terms of during what stage of pregnancy is an abortion allowed.
Do you consider a fetus life? No
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? Federal.

Political poll:
Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? Yes.
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? Ron Paul
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Unless Ron Paul gets the Republican nomination, I'll be voting Democrat.
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Given the amount of work that he had to deal with, yes. I wasn't expecting miracles from the man, but given the circumstances, I don't think it could have turned out much better.
Do you trust electronic voting? If properly done, yes.

powerslave_85
02-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Well, Indestructible just went from "amusing sideshow act" to "dickhead."

DementedX14
02-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Age? 23
Ethnicity? White Hispanic ;)
Financial situation? Middle class

Social issue poll:
Do you think it is morally permissible? I don't think so.
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? Depends on stage of pregnancy.
Do you consider a fetus life? Maybe?
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? State.

Political poll:
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Ron Paul or won't vote.
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? No, he didn't commit to his promises and kept the status quo and signed the NDAA law. :pissed:
Do you trust electronic voting? Not really.

Indestructible
02-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Political poll:
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Ron Paul or won't vote.
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? No, he didn't commit to his promises and kept the status quo and signed the NDAA law. :pissed:
Do you trust electronic voting? Not really.

:fist: :D

Maiden33
02-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Should abortion be legal? No
Do you think it is morally permissible? No. If there are health problems and the baby is going to die in the womb anyways then its fine. But some people abort just because they don't want a baby that I find wrong.
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? I don't think anyone should be getting an abortion. As I said before there are health problems where the baby might die in the womb, that is the only time it is nessecary to abort.
Do you consider a fetus life? Yes. I've seen ultrasound pictures, it sure looks like a life to me. Looks like a developing child
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? Neither, government doesn't need to have their hands in any part of our lives definetly concerning this, they will just make it worse.

This doesn't seem like a double-standard or contradiction to you? This is exactly why I hate people who think like this, perfectly spelled out.

"This should be made illegal... but I don't want the government to have any roll in our personal affairs"

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why it's ALWAYS the people bitching about how government should stay out of people's lives and stop infringing on their rights... unless those rights in question regard allowing people to do things they personally don't like. "RAWR THE GOVERNMENT IS TAKING AWAY OUR RIGHTS AND LIBERTIES... BUT I GOTTA PREVENT EVERYONE FROM HAVING ABORTIONS AND PRACTICING RELIGIONS I DON'T LIKE!!!11!!!"

powerslave_85
02-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Well government has to shrink in all other areas so they can concentrate all their time on oppressing women, minorities, and the poor. Duh.

Indestructible
02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Well. Im done with this thread....

TonyD
02-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Age? 21
Ethnicity? White/Caucasian/whatever
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) Middle class/dependent student

Social issue poll:
Yes
Yes
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion?
I don't know what you're basing it on, but I do think there should be restrictions.
Yes, but I value it more like animal life than human life. If you regularly eat meat but don't think that abortion should be legal you're a hypocrite in my book.
I could argue either way but my gut feeling is state issue.

Political poll:
Yes
Ron Paul
No
Hard to tell, I like some of the things he did but at the same time he seemed to do some things without "reaching across the aisle" like he promised he would. A lot of what he's done still hasn't gone into effect and a lot of what we're seeing is still a hangover from the Bush era.
No

TonyD
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM

:lol: this is gonna be a good thread

Epidemic Reign
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
:lol: this is gonna be a good thread

*inb4lock*

TonyD
02-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Did I ever tell you guys about how I dated the singer from Celtic Frost?

illuminatus917
02-06-2012, 07:52 PM

Awesome retort to his pointing out your illogic.

TonyD
02-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Awesome retort to his pointing out your illogic.

And people still wonder why the nation is becoming more "liberal".

mankvill
02-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Ethnicity? Hispanic

oh my god dude, my mind has just been blown :lol:

mankvill
02-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Age? 23
Ethnicity? White
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) Middle Class

Social issue poll:
Do you think it is morally permissible? Yeah, I don't really think as many people "abuse" abortion as abortion opponents would have you believe
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? I don't know about current restrictions or anything, so I can't really say.
Do you consider a fetus life? At a certain point.
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? I guess state?

Political poll:
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? It pains me to say it, but probably Ron Paul
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? I think he did just enough good things to outweigh the bad. It's congress that sux dix.
Do you trust electronic voting? Yes

brutal_descent
02-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Caucasian
Middle classy

Yes
Yes
No
Yes
State issue

No
Ron Paul
Neither, but I'd vote Democrat
No; Obama didn't come through on the majority of the promises he made during his initial presidential campaign, many of which propelled him to the seat of POTUS
No

:fist: Pleased to help!

powerslave_85
02-07-2012, 02:40 AM
oh my god dude, my mind has just been blown :lol:
I'm white, but most of my mom's family is from Mexico :D

IrritatedTrout
02-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Age? 22
Ethnicity? White
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc): Middle-class.

Social issue poll:
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? Neither.
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? State.

Political poll:
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? I don't have one at this point.
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? I vote for candidates, not parties.
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Yes, I'm a big fan of his foreign policy decisions.
Do you trust electronic voting? Yes.

street_burial
02-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Age? 19
Ethnicity? white
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc)Lower Middle Class

Social issue poll:
Should abortion be legal? yes
Do you think it is morally permissible? yes
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? less
Do you consider a fetus life? sure
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? neither, it should be on whoever is making the decision to have one

Political poll:
Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? yes
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? none yet
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Republican
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? no, just to save time. The NDAA.
Do you trust electronic voting? Yes but not for Florida residents.

jd091
02-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Age? 20
Ethnicity? White
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) Middle Class

Social issue poll:
Should abortion be legal? Absolutely yes.
Do you think it is morally permissible? I mean, I guess. I don't really create my views based on morals. So yes.
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? I have no idea.
Do you consider a fetus life? Of course, yes.
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? State

Political poll:
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Republican, reluctantly
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Terrible job. First of all, most of his views conflict with mine, so I disagree with the things he passed/promoted, especially how he handled the economic crisis. But even then, if I was a democrat/liberal, he didn't get shit done, so I'd still be unsatisfied with him. I honestly don't know how anyone could be happy with his presidency.
Do you trust electronic voting? Yes

jd091
02-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Do you trust electronic voting? No. I dont trust any form of voting because who becomes president is not determined by the people.

wat

illuminatus917
02-07-2012, 01:16 PM
wat

Actually, if he's saying the president isn't determined by popular vote, he's correct. Surely you know this, though.

jd091
02-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Actually, if he's saying the president isn't determined by popular vote, he's correct. Surely you know this, though.

People vote for congress, congress votes for president through electoral college. People elect presidents. Saying you don't have an influence is just ignorant.

dcmetal108
02-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Age 18
Ethnicity White
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) : Middle Class

Social issue poll:
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? Don't know current restrictions
Do you consider a fetus life? Yes
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? State

Political poll:
Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? Maybe
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? No one.
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Don't know.
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? No, because really nothing he promised happened.
Do you trust electronic voting? Yes, but voting doesn't matter. It's all about popularity.

SirLardsAlot
02-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Ethnicity? Hispanic

You're Hispanic, Nick? I didn't know that. What's your background?

masterguy49
02-07-2012, 06:59 PM
So, I have to do a field poll for my Government class. I'm planning on asking people IRL as well, but I thought it'd be interesting to see what the forum thinks. Please, take this seriously. So, it's 5 questions on a social issue and 5 questions that pertain to a political poll so, here we go. Thanks.

Age?
Ethnicity?
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc)

Social issue poll:

Political poll:
White(Iranian idk)
Middle Class

Yes
Depends on the situation, I think.
No, everyone should have a right.
Depends how far into the pregnancy.
State

Nope
Ron Paul, i guess.
Not voting
He did alright. He was in a difficult position.
Sure, I guess.

JRA
02-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Age? 26
Ethnicity? Whiter than a txt file
Vague description of your financial situation: mids

Social issue poll:
Should abortion be legal? Mandatory for anyone under 29
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? See above.
Do you consider a fetus life? I consider it slingshot ammunition. Does that count?
Federal

Political poll:
Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? Maybe.
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? The Rent is too Damn High Guy
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Don't know.
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Yes.
Why?
http://www.greanvillepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Obama-broughtUdonuts.jpg
Do you trust electronic voting? No.

Epidemic Reign
02-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Should abortion be legal? Mandatory for anyone under 29

:lol:

Awesome.

SomewhereInTime72
02-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Age 22
Ethnicity White
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) Lower-Middle Class

Social issue poll:
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? Less, at the moment I can't think of any legitimate reasons for any restrictions... other than if the person is mentally unstable, I guess?
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? Federal. It's too universal an issue to let states dick around with it.

Political poll:
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? None so far.
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Democrat unless things change drastically.
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? He did ok with the chances he was given (ie, terrible congress). He took too long to get some things done, and has made a small amount of decisions I wasn't okay with. But still overall good in my opinion.
Do you trust electronic voting? Not particularly, but I see no reason to trust paper voting more.

slapguitarer
02-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Got another set of questions. This time, it's to see if people still support a Constitution that was written over two centuries ago.

Age?
Sex?
Ethnicity?
Vague description of financial situation?

Do you agree that members o the House of Representatives should be limited to 2-year terms?
Do you agree that Congress should have the power to "lay and collect taxes"?
Do you agree taht the President should be Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces?
Do you believe The Senate should be compromised of 2 senators from each state, or should it vary due to population?
Do you agree with the minimum age of 25 to be in the House of Representatives?
Do agree that no state should be able to impose tariffs on products from other states?
Do you agree that there should be no title of nobility in the USA?
Do you believe Congress should be in charge of the military?
Do you believe Congress should be able to borrow money on the credit of the USA?
Do you agree states shouldn't be allowerd to enter into any treaty with one another?

BloodoftheKings
02-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Do you agree that members o the House of Representatives should be limited to 2-year terms? Maybe
Do you agree that Congress should have the power to "lay and collect taxes"? It would be cool if they didn't but I don't see how that would work.
Do you agree taht the President should be Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces? No.
Do you believe The Senate should be compromised of 2 senators from each state, or should it vary due to population? The current numbers are fine.
Do you agree with the minimum age of 25 to be in the House of Representatives? Yes.
Do agree that no state should be able to impose tariffs on products from other states? Yes.
Do you agree that there should be no title of nobility in the USA? Yes.
Do you believe Congress should be in charge of the military? No.
Do you believe Congress should be able to borrow money on the credit of the USA? Maybe.
Do you agree states shouldn't be allowerd to enter into any treaty with one another? Yes.

brutal_descent
02-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Do you agree that members o the House of Representatives should be limited to 2-year terms? Yes
Do you agree that Congress should have the power to "lay and collect taxes"? Yes
Do you agree taht the President should be Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces? No
Do you believe The Senate should be compromised of 2 senators from each state, or should it vary due to population? Comprised of 2 senators from each state
Do you agree with the minimum age of 25 to be in the House of Representatives? No
Do agree that no state should be able to impose tariffs on products from other states? Yes
Do you agree that there should be no title of nobility in the USA? Yes
Do you believe Congress should be in charge of the military? No
Do you believe Congress should be able to borrow money on the credit of the USA? No
Do you agree states shouldn't be allowerd to enter into any treaty with one another? Yes

:dragon:

Fe Maiden
02-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Age? 48
Ethnicity? Caucasian
Social issue poll:
Should abortion be legal? HELL NO!
Do you think it is morally permissible? See above
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? MUCH more!
Do you consider a fetus life? YES!
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? YES!
Political poll:
Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? YES
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? Not Sure yet
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Fuck No!......Have you seen the price of gas? He is turning the USA into something I don't recognize!!! If I want a socialist European type of country, I'll move to Europe
Do you trust electronic voting? No!

jd091
02-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Age? 48
Ethnicity? Caucasian
Social issue poll:
Should abortion be legal? HELL NO!
Do you think it is morally permissible? See above
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? MUCH more!
Do you consider a fetus life? YES!
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? YES!
Political poll:
Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? YES
Which is your preferred Republican candidate? Not Sure yet
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Fuck No!......Have you seen the price of gas? He is turning the USA into something I don't recognize!!! If I want a socialist European type of country, I'll move to Europe
Do you trust electronic voting? No!
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110817043545/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/d/d1/Oh-he-mad.jpg

jd091
02-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Got another set of questions. This time, it's to see if people still support a Constitution that was written over two centuries ago.

Age? 20
Sex? M
Ethnicity? Caucasian
Vague description of financial situation? Middle Class

Do you agree that members o the House of Representatives should be limited to 2-year terms? Yes
Do you agree that Congress should have the power to "lay and collect taxes"? Yes
Do you agree taht the President should be Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces? Yes
Do you believe The Senate should be compromised of 2 senators from each state, or should it vary due to population? Absolutely yes; there should be 2.
Do you agree with the minimum age of 25 to be in the House of Representatives? Yes
Do agree that no state should be able to impose tariffs on products from other states? Yes
Do you believe Congress should be in charge of the military? No.
Do you believe Congress should be able to borrow money on the credit of the USA? N/A
Do you agree states shouldn't be allowerd to enter into any treaty with one another? Yes

DementedX14
02-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Do you agree that members of the House of Representatives should be limited to 2-year terms? Yes
Do you agree that Congress should have the power to "lay and collect taxes"? No
Do you agree that the President should be Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces? No
Do you believe The Senate should be compromised of 2 senators from each state, or should it vary due to population? 2
Do you agree with the minimum age of 25 to be in the House of Representatives? No, should be 18
Do you believe Congress should be able to borrow money on the credit of the USA? Don't know
Do you agree states shouldn't be allowed to enter into any treaty with one another? Yes

kalfitegrdan
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Do you agree that members of the House of Representatives should be limited to 2-year terms? Yes
Do you agree that Congress should have the power to "lay and collect taxes"? No
Do you agree that the President should be Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces? No
Do you believe The Senate should be compromised of 2 senators from each state, or should it vary due to population? 2
Do you agree with the minimum age of 25 to be in the House of Representatives? No, should be 21
Do you believe Congress should be able to borrow money on the credit of the USA? I think that they only should be able to borrow money for certain things and have to go through a process of checks and balances before it is approved to ensure that they don't abuse the power.
Do you agree states shouldn't be allowed to enter into any treaty with one another? Yes .

SomewhereInTime72
02-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Do you agree that the President should be Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces? Neutral to this
Do you believe The Senate should be compromised of 2 senators from each state, or should it vary due to population? Two, congress by population is enough.
Do you agree with the minimum age of 25 to be in the House of Representatives? Neutral to this.
Do you believe Congress should be in charge of the military? Not particularly.
Do you believe Congress should be able to borrow money on the credit of the USA? Probably on a situation-to-situation basis so not whenever, but sometimes.
Do you agree states shouldn't be allowed to enter into any treaty with one another? Yes

I don't care much about the constitution because it's been 200 years etc., but I do happen to personally agree with the most basic points in it, so I don't care if people want to ride it forever.