PDA

View Full Version : Opeth -- Bangalore, India -- February 5th, 2012

cristianrock
02-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Headlining show for the Summerstorm Festival in India
Before the show, Mikael said that this gig was going to be a introduction of Opeth to the indian fans, not just Heritage.

And damn he was talking seriously.

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel the Dark
Face of Melinda
Slither
Credence
To Rid the Disease
Folklore
Heir Apparent
The Baying of the Hounds :rocker:
The Drapery Falls
----------------------------
Deliverance

Anyway, this was just an exception I think, nevertheless they kept Folklore in the setlist which is great, I love that track.

Epidemic Reign
02-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Right on man. Were his growls as good as ever?

jd091
02-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Fucking... GODDAMMIT! I really want to see that set! :angry:

cristianrock
02-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Right on man. Were his growls as good as ever?

I don't know for sure, I saw a youtube clip of Deliverance, and it sounded okay...but it was shitty recording though.

bigguytoo9
02-05-2012, 08:17 PM
ive seen all of these songs live and Face Of Melinda is one of the best for sure. Baying Of The Hounds is sweet also.

treghet
02-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Nice set. But yeah, probably just an exception. :(

Rocco44
02-05-2012, 08:42 PM
To Rid The Disease, Face of Melinda, Deliverance, and The Drapery Falls is a pretty great setlist.

The Ghost at Number One
02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I hope The Baying of the Hounds hangs around for the next U.S. run.

MPF
02-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Something tells me at least 50-80% of this setlist will stay for the Mastodon tour.

brutal_descent
02-06-2012, 02:32 AM
FUCK YES

FEBRUARY 22ND BITCHES :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

daimonos
02-06-2012, 11:08 AM
If they keep on pulling out stuff like this, I'll go see them in April. Baying of the Hounds is one of my favorites.

fletchzer
02-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Not a bad setlist - waaaay better than the Heritage tour, but not amazing. Thought they'd pull out a few rarer songs to be honest. This just seems to be half of their pre-Heritage setlist and half of their Heritage setlist. Would've been awesome to see The Moor or White Cluster in there, or even something off Orchid / Morningrise / MAYH (other than Credence).

The Drapery Falls is awesome though, as is seeing back Deliverance as their encore.

cristianrock
02-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Stop dreaming guys I still think this was an exception, I hope that too but I got to be realistic.

Mikael is very stubborn I guess he wants to get away with it, of not give the fans what they want.

But I know they put a quality show, even though are just softer songs.
Can't wait for March

illuminatus917
02-06-2012, 02:29 PM
But I know they put a quality show, even though are just softer songs.

Playing softer songs is just fine with me. As long as they're not off Heritage.

illninoese
02-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Yes!!!!!!! Nice mix of the new and semi-old stuff. Seeing Baying of the Hounds on it was unexpected. They should keep it for the Mastodon tour.

SomewhereInTime72
02-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Something more like this is what I think the Heritage tour set should have been. Still mostly softer material but at least with variety and songs we all love.

That said, I do expect it to revert partly. I hope Deliverance is kept though... it's one of the best Opeth live songs regardless of heavy or soft.

LIVEtoROCK86
02-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Headlining show for the Summerstorm Festival in India
Before the show, Mikael said that this gig was going to be a introduction of Opeth to the indian fans, not just Heritage.

And damn he was talking seriously.

I disagree. If Mikael is indeed trying to shy away from the songs with harsh vocals, then he wouldn't have played any of them in India. If this setlist was meant to serve as an introduction to a new audience, the people in India who don't know Opeth wouldn't even know that the band has death metal tendencies in the first place. Obviously, Mikael wants to present the band in this manner if this is the setlist.