PDA

View Full Version : New Slayer Album in Summer?

DisposableJustice
02-05-2012, 01:36 PM
From Slayerized.com, Kerry King dishes on progress of the new album and an update on Jeff

http://www.slayerized.com/whatsnew/2012/02/kerry-king-gives-more-details-about-the-new-album/

1) Always happy for new Slayer material although I am very sad they aren't going to do any acoustic stuff :mad:

2) Maybe this means they will break out a new song during the summer tour?

3) Glad to see Jeff is making progress I hope to see him in Denver July 8th

Sepultura69
02-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I wish slayer would stop making albums. I really liked God hates us all and Christ Illusions but World Painted blood was nothing but a pile of dog shit. Unit 731 is a great song but the rest of the album is a bore fest. They should stop making albums and just go on that Finale Giant world tour before one of them crokes and calls it quits.

mankvill
02-05-2012, 01:57 PM
I wish slayer would stop making albums. I really liked God hates us all and Christ Illusions but World Painted blood was nothing but a pile of dog shit. Unit 731 is a great song but the rest of the album is a bore fest. They should stop making albums and just go on that Finale Giant world tour before one of them crokes and calls it quits.

>liking Christ Illusion
>not liking World Painted Blood

:hecho:

Crionics
02-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I also felt WPB> Christ Illusion.

Anyways, looking forward to this. I think King said somewhere that the songs don't sound like their recent material and that they sound more like their 83-85 era. I don't know how much truth is in there, but if true, should be great.

Dextrimental
02-05-2012, 02:08 PM
I am so very happy about this. Seeing them twice this year, and the thought of a new album is awesome, Slayer doing what Slayer do will probably always entertain me, even a little!

Sepultura69
02-05-2012, 02:19 PM
>liking Christ Illusion
>not liking World Painted Blood

:hecho:

World Painted Blood smells like shit.

elturtleboy
02-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Ive said it once and ill say it again, NO SUCH THING AS A BAD SLAYER ALBUM.

Seventhzealot
02-05-2012, 03:03 PM
I'll be looking forward to this.

El Gordo
02-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Ive said it once and ill say it again, NO SUCH THING AS A BAD SLAYER ALBUM.

Diabolus in Musica would like a word with you.

elturtleboy
02-05-2012, 04:56 PM

Least favorite album. But not bad.

AnthG
02-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Didn't Kerry King a while back say that WPB would likely be the last Slayer album? I know it was well before it was recorded and hasn't mentioned it since then, but you'd think with Jeff still recovering and Tom Araya's health issues as well they'd call it quits.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-05-2012, 07:00 PM

Christ illusion is garbage. Rehashed riffs, solos and bad lyrics.

At least Diabolus has Stain of Mind.

treghet
02-05-2012, 07:14 PM
I wish slayer would stop making albums.

This is what I thought before I opened the thread. They should take the Bolt Thrower route and just play shows and not release anything until they've written something worthy of being recorded.

Xenocide
02-05-2012, 08:46 PM
I found nothing wrong with World Painted Blood.

BloodoftheKings
02-05-2012, 08:51 PM
bad lyrics.

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
HAIL SATAN!

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Your Honor, exhibit A:

HAIL SATAN!

rjturtle9
02-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Anyways, looking forward to this. I think King said somewhere that the songs don't sound like their recent material and that they sound more like their 83-85 era. I don't know how much truth is in there, but if true, should be great.

He always says that though.

IrritatedTrout
02-06-2012, 07:05 AM
I really liked Christ Illusion.

hellawaits77ny
02-06-2012, 07:12 AM
He always says that though.

You sure? I've never heard him say that. Maybe I missed it, though. It seems he usually says the albums have a Seasons + God Hates Us All feel. He said that about both Christ Illusion and WPB.

WPB has some great songs and some stinkers. I like it, though it's one of my least favorite Slayer albums. I actually really like Christ Illusion.

Steev
02-06-2012, 07:26 AM

aw I liked that when it came out

then again I was 13

Jochen
02-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Didn't Kerry King a while back say that WPB would likely be the last Slayer album? I know it was well before it was recorded and hasn't mentioned it since then, but you'd think with Jeff still recovering and Tom Araya's health issues as well they'd call it quits.

I think I remember Tom saying that. I do remember King saying that there would probably be 2-3 albums after Christ Illusion before they called it quits. With Greg Fidelman producing, I have little hope for the album, also, about this sounding like their older material, I'm pretty sure he said the same thing about Christ Illusion.

Sepultura69
02-06-2012, 05:47 PM
HAIL SATAN!

I really like that Song. :eyes:

I use to sing that chorus out loud all the time back when i first got the album:eyes:

OraclesofAgony
02-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I like Christ Illusion a lot. It's my favorite post-Seasons album. WPB is pretty meh. Some good, some bad. My favorite songs off the album are the more unorthodox ones (Human Strain and Playing With Dolls). And Americon is just horrible, I have no idea why they chose to play it live. I'm not expecting much from this new album but I'm sure there will be some songs I'll like from it.

makethemsuffer12
02-07-2012, 06:15 AM
My favorite songs off the album are the more unorthodox ones (Human Strain and Playing With Dolls).

This. Easily my two favorites from that album, along with the title track.

DisposableJustice
02-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Interview with Tom on the album

http://www.slayerized.com/whatsnew/2012/02/tom-araya-and-kerry-king-talk-about-the-upcoming-album/

brutal_descent
02-07-2012, 07:34 AM
My favorite from WPB is probably Beauty Through Order. Really hope to hear that live sometime.

DisposableJustice
02-07-2012, 07:44 AM
My favorite from WPB is probably Beauty Through Order. Really hope to hear that live sometime.

Ditto for me, along with WPB, Snuff, Human Strain and Dolls

Not my favorite album by them but I like it better than CI; Only good song off that is Flesh Storm

SomewhereInTime72
02-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Not remotely excited about the new album, but glad to see Jeff is doing well.

DisposableJustice
09-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Super Necro!

anyway, Slayer is finally doing something in the studio, and all points to a 2015 release

http://loudwire.com/slayer-studio-producer-terry-date/

300%_Density
09-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Not remotely excited about the new album, but glad to see Jeff is doing well.

This comment makes me sad.

Ommie
09-02-2014, 08:57 PM

You just had to remind me. :(

MetalIsArt
09-03-2014, 12:21 AM
It'll be titled Kerry King's Duets With Satan Volume 1

the deathmetaler
09-03-2014, 03:17 AM
In my opinion, I think this album is going to be killer. Yes, Kerry King is pretty much writing everything, but.....He wrote most of the songs on my favorite Slayer album, which is Divine Intervention and those tunes were awesome. I am very much looking forward to this album.

ravenheart
09-03-2014, 03:42 AM
In my opinion, I think this album is going to be killer. Yes, Kerry King is pretty much writing everything, but.....He wrote most of the songs on my favorite Slayer album, which is Divine Intervention and those tunes were awesome. I am very much looking forward to this album.

I love that album too!

Nevertheless, I think the new one will be shit. Expectations are definitely low.

Wrecking Crew
09-03-2014, 07:23 AM
I love that album too!

Nevertheless, I think the new one will be shit. Expectations are definitely low.

I agree with both of these comments, I still love and listen to DI occasionally but I can't imagine this new album will be any good at all.

hellawaits77ny
09-03-2014, 07:52 AM

Same here.

hellawaits77ny
09-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Good point about Divine Intervention. Still though, I have low expectations. I thought 'Implode' was pretty good though.

DisposableJustice
09-03-2014, 01:09 PM
over/under on the amount of songs about God/Religion now that King is going to write most of the songs: 8.5 and I have to go with the over

mankvill
09-03-2014, 01:50 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic. Was not looking forward to World Painted Blood due to how bad Christ Illusion was, but then they released Psychopathy Red and it blew me away.

ravenheart
09-03-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic. Was not looking forward to World Painted Blood due to how bad Christ Illusion was, but then they released Psychopathy Red and it blew me away.

World Painted Blood is not a good album.

Sepultura69
09-03-2014, 02:37 PM

This. World Painted Blood is a horrible album. Unit 731, Not of this God, and Pychopathy red are good tracks though, but other than those 3 the album is pretty much a steaming pile of horse shit. I do love "Christ Illusions", and "God hates Us All" though. :eyes:

300%_Density
09-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Nah. I'm still on the side of WPB isn't that bad an album. If WPB is bad then what is Diabolous? Stain of Mind & what else? There's like 6 off WPB that I'll listen to. Christ Illusion was way worse IMO.

mankvill
09-03-2014, 02:45 PM

ya fave slayer album is god hates us all, shush

Spiner202
09-03-2014, 04:24 PM
World Painted Blood is a great album. There are maybe a couple of weak tracks (Americon, Playing With Dolls), but otherwise it's solid.

mankvill
09-03-2014, 04:30 PM
World Painted Blood is a great album. There are maybe a couple of weak tracks (Americon, Playing With Dolls), but otherwise it's solid.

The biggest negative against World Painted Blood is that Americon is literally the worst song Slayer has ever written.

John The Drummer
09-03-2014, 04:40 PM

I love Christ Illusion :lol:

WPB wasn't BAD, per se, but it wasn't great. It didn't really feel like Slayer, and just felt like some dudes playing crossover thrash/punk. It did have some solid songs on it, but overall.... :eyes:

mankvill
09-03-2014, 05:16 PM
I love Christ Illusion :lol:

WPB wasn't BAD, per se, but it wasn't great. It didn't really feel like Slayer, and just felt like some dudes playing crossover thrash/punk. It did have some solid songs on it, but overall.... :eyes:

Some dudes playing crossover thrash/punk is better than some dudes playing washed up downtuned pseudo groove/nu-metal :P

John The Drummer
09-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Some dudes playing crossover thrash/punk is better than some dudes playing washed up downtuned pseudo groove/nu-metal :P

http://m.memegen.com/7b9iom.jpg

300%_Density
09-03-2014, 06:10 PM

Which leads back into my previous Diablous comment :cool:

ravenheart
09-04-2014, 01:07 AM
WPB is a bad Slayer tribute album.

El Gordo
09-04-2014, 01:59 AM
Which leads back into my previous Diablous comment :cool:

I don't think anyone is denying the fact that Diabolus is garbage, are they?

MetalIsArt
09-04-2014, 02:35 AM
I don't think anyone is denying the fact that Diabolus is garbage, are they?

I'm. It's one of their few post-Abyss albums that I can listen to without skipping.

ravenheart
09-04-2014, 02:50 AM
I'm. It's one of their few post-Abyss albums that I can listen to without skipping.

Yep. I've never had a problem with it. It's more interesting than the "let's try and be as Slayer as possible" discs. Jeff wrote basically all of the music, so it at least has riffs on it that aren't the bottom of the barrel thrash formula stuff Kerry "writes".

Slayer albums are only popular when they're the same old stuff over and over again though.

MetalIsArt
09-04-2014, 02:56 AM
Yep. I've never had a problem with it. It's more interesting than the "let's try and be as Slayer as possible" discs. Jeff wrote basically all of the music, so it at least has riffs on it that aren't the bottom of the barrel thrash formula stuff Kerry "writes".

Slayer albums are only popular when they're the same old stuff over and over again though.

It's no secret that Jeff was the better of the two ;)

I could've looked forward to album number 15, but Holt didn't get to write anything apparently, so... maybe with some stuff that Jeff wrote it might be something, but...

ravenheart
09-04-2014, 02:58 AM
I could've looked forward to album number 15, but Holt didn't get to write anything apparently, so... maybe with some stuff that Jeff wrote it might be something, but...

That probably means everyone will love it though. Because this guarantees there'll be nothing interesting on it.

MetalIsArt
09-04-2014, 03:00 AM
That probably means everyone will love it though. Because this guarantees there'll be nothing interesting on it.

Myeah, perhaps.

Spiner202
09-04-2014, 03:45 AM
The worst part about this is that it sounds like you guys have already made up your mades, regardless of how good or bad it ends up being. You really should be a bit more optimistic; Kerry wrote some of the best metal songs ever. And while Gary didn't write anything, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some influence. The guy is an outstanding guitarist (unlike Jeff) and probably pushed Kerry to work even harder.

The album would definitely be better with Jeff, but it probably won't be awful.

ravenheart
09-04-2014, 04:01 AM
Nope. If it's good, then great. I'm just not expecting it to be good.

MetalIsArt
09-04-2014, 04:07 AM
The worst part about this is that it sounds like you guys have already made up your mades, regardless of how good or bad it ends up being. You really should be a bit more optimistic; Kerry wrote some of the best metal songs ever. And while Gary didn't write anything, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some influence. The guy is an outstanding guitarist (unlike Jeff) and probably pushed Kerry to work even harder.

The album would definitely be better with Jeff, but it probably won't be awful.

I don't like Kerry, but I do like a lot of Slayer's albums.

It's just that for some people they have never made shitty albums, never changed style etc.

MetalIsArt
09-04-2014, 04:10 AM
Double plz delete

Wrecking Crew
09-04-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm. [Diabolus] It's one of their few post-Abyss albums that I can listen to without skipping.

I agree, Diabolus is the last Slayer album as far as I'm concerned, everything after it was bad. Doesn't mean the new album will absolutely be bad, but I would say the odds are stacked against it.

El Gordo
09-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Well isn't my face red.

Diabolus is still feces though.

mankvill
09-04-2014, 11:24 AM
>There are people IN THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW WITH FUNCTIONING MOTOR SKILLS AND AREN'T IN BRAINDEAD COMAS THAT LIKE DIABOLUS IN MUSICA AND NOT WORLD PAINTED BLOOD

http://i57.tinypic.com/vmyl1c.jpg

christ almighty

DisposableJustice
09-04-2014, 11:37 AM
I love Slayer to death, but I could make a single album that includes all the good songs post "Seasons"

Ready?

1. Killing Fields
2. 213
3. DAMM
4. Stain of Mind
5. Disciple
6. Payback
7. Flesh Storm
8. Eyes of the Insane
9. World Painted Blood
10. Snuff
11. Beauty Through Order
12. Psychopathy Red
13. Playing With Dolls

and I barely let Stain of Mind on there

mankvill
09-04-2014, 12:29 PM
I love Slayer to death, but I could make a single album that includes all the good songs post "Seasons"

Ready?

1. Killing Fields
2. 213
3. DAMM
4. Stain of Mind
5. Disciple
6. Payback
7. Flesh Storm
8. Eyes of the Insane
9. World Painted Blood
10. Snuff
11. Beauty Through Order
12. Psychopathy Red
13. Playing With Dolls

and I barely let Stain of Mind on there

>not liking all of Divine Intervention
>not liking all of Undisputed Attitude
>not liking Bloodline
>not liking Jihad
>not liking Cult
>not liking Final Six
>not liking Unit 731
>not liking Hate Worldwide
>not liking Public Display of Dismemberment
>not liking Not Of This God

bruv...

Cross Face Chicken Wing
09-04-2014, 12:34 PM
I like this game:

1. Killing Fields
2. Dittohead
3. 213
4. Bitter Peace
5. Disciple
6. Bloodline
7. Payback
8. Flesh Storm
9. Jihad
10. Cult
11. World Painted Blood
12. Snuff
13. Psychopathy Red

hellawaits77ny
09-04-2014, 02:11 PM
>not liking all of Divine Intervention
>not liking all of Undisputed Attitude
>not liking Bloodline
>not liking Jihad
>not liking Cult
>not liking Final Six
>not liking Unit 731
>not liking Hate Worldwide
>not liking Public Display of Dismemberment
>not liking Not Of This God

bruv...

I'm with this guy.

John The Drummer
09-04-2014, 02:29 PM
The only good post-Seasons recording Slayer has released is their cover of In a Gadda Da Vida

MetalIsArt
09-05-2014, 12:38 AM
The only good post-Seasons recording Slayer has released is their cover of In a Gadda Da Vida

That was what metal is all about.

Fuck Metallica and their bs albums Load & Re-Load.

BORN TO BE WILD :rocker::rocker::rocker:

XDoomsayerX
09-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Slayer new album :lol:

MetalIsArt
09-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Slayer new album :lol:

:allan: