PDA

View Full Version : QUEEN has found a new singer...and it's...

mankvill
02-03-2012, 01:48 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/adam-lambert-is-queens-new-singer-20120203

Discuss.

Epidemic Reign
02-03-2012, 01:52 PM
That's just silly.

elturtleboy
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Now there's a chance they're the secret guest for Mayhem fest.

Epidemic Reign
02-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Now there's a chance they're the secret guest for Mayhem fest.

:lol:

Maidenmagic
02-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Makes sense...

scream4icecream
02-03-2012, 03:25 PM
I mean..I guess the guy has a good voice, but really? They couldn't find anybody with more real rock and roll credibility then Adam Lambert?

stylesclash516
02-03-2012, 05:21 PM
In all fairness, Queen still has the same level of gay that they had before.

Sanitarium78
02-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Who the fuck is Adam Lambert?

BloodoftheKings
02-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Who the fuck is Adam Lambert?

A pop singer who was on American Idol.

Steev
02-03-2012, 05:31 PM
VH1 reporting this isn't true

Thank you God

RAZOR
02-03-2012, 05:35 PM

Thank you God

Thank Odin. :fist:

Epidemic Reign
02-03-2012, 05:43 PM
I don't think it's necessarily "untrue", it's just not official yet. They've been in talks about it for quite some time.

ravenheart
02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Heard this earlier. Anyone Queen choose as their new singer that isn't called Jeff Scott Soto, Damian Wilson or Danny Bowes is a mistake.

Fates Guardian
02-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Heard this earlier. Anyone Queen choose as their new singer that isn't called Jeff Scott Soto, Damian Wilson or Danny Bowes is a mistake.

That's what I like to see: love for JSS! Fuck yeah.

MetalIsArt
02-04-2012, 05:03 AM
Thank Satan it's not true.

What they SHOULD do is release a final album made out of the very, very, VERY last recordings Freddie ever did. They can include the duets with MJ too.

Roger? ;)

hiddenzombie013
02-04-2012, 08:09 AM
I won't be upset if this does turn out true. I really don't care for his solo stuff at all (can't imagine most on this board really do haha), but I listened to him with them on Youtube, and his is surprisingly good with the band. He's no Mercury, but who is? And this gives me one last chance to see some incarnation of Queen live, I'll take what I can.

And as was pointed out, we're not getting anyone any gayer than Mercury. :p

MetalIsArt
02-04-2012, 10:08 AM
I won't be upset if this does turn out true. I really don't care for his solo stuff at all (can't imagine most on this board really do haha), but I listened to him with them on Youtube, and his is surprisingly good with the band. He's no Mercury, but who is? And this gives me one last chance to see some incarnation of Queen live, I'll take what I can.

And as was pointed out, we're not getting anyone any gayer than Mercury. :p

Freddie was of course blatantly gay, but while his orientation was undiscussed (even though some say he was bi), I do hope you realise that his flamboyant stage persona was an act.

On a side note: it's too bad a lot of people/radio stations think that Queen is, apart from BH, not much more than WATC, WWR, IWTBF, Radio Gaga & AKOM.

brutal_descent
02-04-2012, 10:21 AM
In a side note: it's too bad a lot of people/radio stations think that Queen is, apart from BH, not much more than WATC, WWR, IWTBF, Radio Gaga & AKOM.

The Show Must Go On? Crazy Little Thing Called Love?

MetalIsArt
02-04-2012, 10:25 AM
The Show Must Go On? Crazy Little Thing Called Love?

Yes, of course. But the songs I listed are the ones you hear the most on radio stations here, I bet many of the so called "music fans" don't even know that Queen had a great hardrock/progrock/metal-side.

It must be gay because they made mainly pop/disco during most of the eighties, at a time when MTV ruled the world...

mankvill
02-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Queen gets some deep cuts on the radio here.

Christen
02-04-2012, 10:50 AM
In all fairness, Queen still has the same level of gay that they had before.

You have no idea how long I was waiting for someone to make that joke.

MetalIsArt
02-04-2012, 11:15 AM
You have no idea how long I was waiting for someone to make that joke.

Freddie forever! :D

velvetgrass
02-04-2012, 08:48 PM

Thank you God

THIS. Although Queen without Freddie Mercury is something I've always been against. Don't they have better or more creative things to do than to find another singer (after Paul Rodgers) to once again rest on the Queen name & legacy? Following "Made In Heaven", to me they're nothing more than a tribute group that just happens to contain 50% of the original band.

MetalIsArt
02-05-2012, 01:49 AM
THIS. Although Queen without Freddie Mercury is something I've always been against. Don't they have better or more creative things to do than to find another singer (after Paul Rodgers) to once again rest on the Queen name & legacy? Following "Made In Heaven", to me they're nothing more than a tribute group that just happens to contain 50% of the original band.

Like I said, they should release one final album made out of Freddie's VERY last recordings + the duets with Michael Jackson.

And call it a day.

ravenheart
02-05-2012, 04:19 AM

They don't here, and they're our fucking band!

darkguardian50
02-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Not suprised its untrue (or unconfirmed at any rate). I could see Lambert singing for freaking Zeppelin before I could see him singing for Queen. I've heard his cover of Whole Lotta Love and the Muse version of Feeling Good. Both were pretty legit. However while the guy can certainly wail (and his upper register is pretty crazy) I don't see him having the right voice for Queen. I think its just a rumor.

MetalIsArt
02-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Not suprised its untrue (or unconfirmed at any rate). I could see Lambert singing for freaking Zeppelin before I could see him singing for Queen. I've heard his cover of Whole Lotta Love and the Muse version of Feeling Good. Both were pretty legit. However while the guy can certainly wail (and his upper register is pretty crazy) I don't see him having the right voice for Queen. I think its just a rumor.

It's already confirmed that it's not true. :finger:

ravenheart
02-20-2012, 10:58 AM
This is now confirmed. They're headlining the second day of Sonisphere in the UK.

slapguitarer
02-20-2012, 11:30 AM
There is no god.

brutal_descent
02-20-2012, 11:34 AM
There is no god.

...you know what they say: who needs a God when you've got Satan?

dcmetal108
02-20-2012, 11:42 AM
...you know what they say: who needs a God when you've got Satan?

Satan wouldn't do this to us.

brutal_descent
02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Satan wouldn't do this to us.

Well, he did finally put together a decent Summer Slaughter line-up, so I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too?

dcmetal108
02-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Well, he did finally put together a decent Summer Slaughter line-up, so I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too?

The cake is a lie. :D

ravenheart
02-28-2012, 04:14 AM
Moscow date added. June 30 at Olympic Arena.

brutal_descent
02-28-2012, 04:17 AM
Moscow date added. June 30 at Olympic Arena.

:hecho: Tempted to go.

ravenheart
02-28-2012, 04:25 AM
:hecho: Tempted to go.

You really shouldn't be. But, it's a rock gig in Moscow, so of course you are :finger:

brutal_descent
02-28-2012, 04:32 AM
But, it's a rock gig in Moscow, so of course you are :finger:

Dude, stop implying that. Really not what goes through my mind when it comes to shows.

ravenheart
02-28-2012, 05:38 AM
Dude, stop implying that. Really not what goes through my mind when it comes to shows.

No, I expect the first thing is "do I get the mob or Mum & Dad to pay for this one", then you decide whether to go based on the outcome of the first one.

Then, and only then, do you decide if it'll be a good show or you even like the band.

:D :finger:

brutal_descent
02-28-2012, 05:43 AM
No, I expect the first thing is "do I get the mob or Mum & Dad to pay for this one", then you decide whether to go based on the outcome of the first one.

Then, and only then, do you decide if it'll be a good show or you even like the band.

:D :finger:

>implying I don't pay for myself
>implying I go see bands I don't like/know

ravenheart
02-28-2012, 05:45 AM
>implying I don't pay for myself
>implying I go see bands I don't like/know

I'm not really implying that... so much as outright saying it :D

Also, isn't the word "implying" redudent in any webhomo '>' statement?

brutal_descent
02-28-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm not really implying that... so much as outright saying it :D

Also, isn't the word "implying" redudent in any webhomo '>' statement?

Well, I hate to ruin it for you when I tell you you're wrong on both counts.

And yeah, you do have a point.

adamclark52
02-28-2012, 06:11 AM
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but does anyone know if one of Adam Lamberts contractual agreements was that they refilm the I Want to Break Free video?

I'm sorry I just couldn't resist.

Natrlhi
02-28-2012, 09:59 AM

:D :finger::lol: At the risk of poking the (Russian) bear in its cage...sounds about right.

brutal_descent
02-28-2012, 11:47 AM
:lol: At the risk of poking the (Russian) bear in its cage...sounds about right.

I'm not going to get mad over a notion someone has that's incorrect. If I got angry at every single assumption someone made about me, that's a lot of fucks I'd be giving.

Natrlhi
02-28-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm not going to get mad over a notion someone has that's incorrect. If I got angry at every single assumption someone made about me, that's a lot of fucks I'd be giving.My interest isn't so much in the fact of whether or not you do actually get wound up, as it is in the vicarious pleasure I (sheepishly?) take in watching Andy (and others) try to do it. ;)

ravenheart
02-28-2012, 12:52 PM
My interest isn't so much in the fact of whether or not you do actually get wound up, as it is in the vicarious pleasure I (sheepishly?) take in watching Andy (and others) try to do it. ;)

It is a lot of fun ;)

ravenheart
03-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Well, Sonisphere has now been cancelled...

moobys37
07-01-2012, 05:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uuihnDJiDOc

It isn't that bad :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :cool:

mankvill
07-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Eh. I hate to be stereotypical, but it's such a different way of singing and no one can replace Freddie Mercury. Ever.

Except... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0rVIipfE-M)

moobys37
07-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Eh. I hate to be stereotypical, but it's such a different way of singing and no one can replace Freddie Mercury. Ever.

Except... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0rVIipfE-M)

:lol:

But in all seriousness, as much as everyone hated this idea, I like this more than Queen + Paul Rodgers.

mankvill
07-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I honestly think it sounds like a woman on vocals. Like...sure, I love Aretha Franklin and she's an amazing singer, but for Queen? Naw.

ravenheart
07-03-2012, 01:17 AM
Queen + Damian Wilson is the only way I can see Queen ever being good again.

cradle_of_maiden
07-05-2012, 07:04 AM

Ogre Battle?