PDA

View Full Version : Nightwish/Kamelot NA tour?

masterguy49
02-02-2012, 06:05 AM
I was on ticket master when I saw that there was a listing for Nightwish and Kamelot together in Ft. Lauderdale. No one really comes down here for the hell of it, so I'm assuming this is gonna be a full NA/US tour. Also they're playing a pretty small venue, about the same sized venue Anthrax played and Between the Buried Me played. It isn't small really, but I just assumed Nightwish was bigger than that. Also tickets are really expensive, with fees it comes to about 50$. I don't think that venue has ever charged so much, even without fees its 37, which is still the most I've ever seen it charge! I'll probably go anyways, should be a cool concert.

coltongsmith
02-02-2012, 06:18 AM
man i hope this is true and a full tour

ravenheart
02-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Kamelot just booked a show in London for November at a 2,000 capacity theatre. Totally over-ambitious if you ask me. They didn't sell out an 800 capacity club last time, and that was with Evergrey as special guests.

masterguy49
02-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Kamelot just booked a show in London for November at a 2,000 capacity theatre. Totally over-ambitious if you ask me. They didn't sell out an 800 capacity club last time, and that was with Evergrey as special guests.
The venue they're playing here has a 1,300 capacity.

Epidemic Reign
02-02-2012, 06:38 AM

That's about the size of the venue Nightwish played here in '07.

Did you see a date? This can't be happening till fall at least, I would think judging by everything they've got booked in Europe right now.

masterguy49
02-02-2012, 06:42 AM
That's about the size of the venue Nightwish played here in '07.

Did you see a date? This can't be happening till fall at least, I would think judging by everything they've got booked in Europe right now.

Forgot to mention that! Yeah the show is in October.

Epidemic Reign
02-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Well that's cool, I was afraid they wouldn't get around to a US tour until early next year. Hopefully AZ doesn't get screwed on this one...

Akumu
02-02-2012, 07:07 AM
HOLY SHIT

ravenheart
02-02-2012, 07:16 AM

But that's for both of them. Nightwish play 5,000 capacity venues here. Last time they played two back-to-back nights.

kalfitegrdan
02-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Wasn't someone on here just saying that Nightwish was rumored to do a US tour in Fall like a week or two ago?

Akumu
02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
I found the show on Ticketmaster earlier (it was scheduled for October 15th), but it's gone now. A friend of mine asked people on the Nightwish forum, and apparently it isn't confirmed.

Also, as much as I'd love to see this show, I'm kinda disappointed that it's not Amorphis supporting.

Crionics
02-02-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm not a big Nightwish fan, but I think it would be cool to see them once.

MPF
02-02-2012, 08:23 PM
If Amorphis got replaced by Kamelot I'll be a sad panda.

gilpdawg
02-02-2012, 10:54 PM
If Amorphis got replaced by Kamelot I'll be a sad panda.

I'll be a very happy panda.:D

Epidemic Reign
02-02-2012, 11:46 PM
I'll be a very happy panda.:D

:bouville:

gilpdawg
02-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Hey, I love both bands. Don't judge me. :tongue:

Epidemic Reign
02-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Hey, I love both bands. Don't judge me. :tongue:

I like Kamelot too, but I would much rather Nightwish bring another band from Finland (or any European country for that matter) that doesn't tour the states very often.

Plus Kamelot lost their singer. But I suppose if they bring Simone from Epica on tour with them again I'm fine with it :lovedup:

Epidemic Reign
02-06-2012, 02:00 AM
This is entirely off-topic, but...

"Dark Passion Play" and "Imaginaerum" both have higher ratings than "Once" on MA.

:eyes:

Only slightly, but still.

Sanitarium78
02-06-2012, 08:26 AM
This is entirely off-topic, but...

"Dark Passion Play" and "Imaginaerum" both have higher ratings than "Once" on MA.

:eyes:

Only slightly, but still.

While i have no clue what MA is, I can see how that's possible. Once is a pretty good album but The Peot & The Pendulum alone beats everything on it except Ghost Love Score. Imaginaerum took me a handful of listens but the album is great and I like it better than Once. The new one will never take over Century Child and Wishmaster with me but it's still a damn good album.

Let's not forget that Nightwish became more popular with Anette. Her voice is more appealing and easier for a lot of people to listen to than Tarja's is. Not to mention she's not a complete egotistical diva who is too good to tour North America because she doesn't like that they play smaller venues here like Tarja does. Overall Anette is just much easier for everyone to like, so that's another reason why those albums are ranked so high. Oh yeah and the songs are pretty good on both albums anyways;)

Epidemic Reign
02-06-2012, 12:10 PM
While i have no clue what MA is, I can see how that's possible. Once is a pretty good album but The Peot & The Pendulum alone beats everything on it except Ghost Love Score. Imaginaerum took me a handful of listens but the album is great and I like it better than Once. The new one will never take over Century Child and Wishmaster with me but it's still a damn good album.

Let's not forget that Nightwish became more popular with Anette. Her voice is more appealing and easier for a lot of people to listen to than Tarja's is. Not to mention she's not a complete egotistical diva who is too good to tour North America because she doesn't like that they play smaller venues here like Tarja does. Overall Anette is just much easier for everyone to like, so that's another reason why those albums are ranked so high. Oh yeah and the songs are pretty good on both albums anyways;)

MA = Metal Archives

I essentially agree with much of this but that place is generally known as hardcore elitist territory. I'm just shocked that they didn't completely trash the post-Tarja material in comparison to the last album she appeared on.

gilpdawg
02-26-2012, 03:48 PM
So, according to Bravewords, this tour is a go. No link, I'm posting from my phone, but it's there.

xa123
02-26-2012, 03:53 PM
http://www.bravewords.com/news/178743

Northern_Shaman
02-26-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.bravewords.com/news/178743

Nice! I'm looking forward to this. Has the entire list of dates been published anywhere yet? It looks like they've got quite a bit of info already...

Epidemic Reign
02-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Nice! I'm looking forward to this. Has the entire list of dates been published anywhere yet? It looks like they've got quite a bit of info already...

Nope, not yet. I really hope this comes to AZ.

Seventhzealot
02-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Not really into Nightwish but would love to see Kamelot. Sucks though that Roy Khan left.