Black Tide
Emphatic
Aranda
Eye To Adam
Kyng

Steev
02-01-2012, 06:10 AM
YEEEEASSSSSS!!!!!

I just woke up to this, I have gone the past 3 years and this lineup is going to be a hell of a time

NickLed19
02-01-2012, 06:14 AM
That lineup is pretty good. Best lineup they have had in awhile.

Steev
02-01-2012, 06:17 AM
That lineup is pretty good. Best lineup they have had in awhile.

every year I'm happy with the lineup, but I'm so excited I can't even sit still(they did an amazing job booking a mix of bands who have and haven't played and a blend of genres) still more to be named and people are claiming Anthrax was mentioned by a radio station.

ravenheart
02-01-2012, 06:25 AM
I'd go to this for Zombie, Manson, Slash, Megadeth, Mastodon, Down, SOiL, Kyuss Lives! and Black Stone Cherry. The rest - meh.

Steev
02-01-2012, 06:29 AM
it'd be worth it, the weekend is one giant party(we camped in a RV last year) and honestly alot of the smaller "meh" bands you don't even see because the two side stages run around the same time

and almost every band signs(the first day I met KoRn and Danzig among others)

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-01-2012, 08:06 AM
it'd be worth it, the weekend is one giant party(we camped in a RV last year) and honestly alot of the smaller "meh" bands you don't even see because the two side stages run around the same time

Were the bands/staff there okay with fans taking pics with band members or was that forbidden?

BloodoftheKings
02-01-2012, 08:07 AM
I'd go to this for Zombie, Manson, Megadeth, Mastodon, Down,

I'd go for these and Cypress Hill.

The_jman
02-01-2012, 08:16 AM
I've liked previous years line ups better, but there's enough on that list to make it worth the ticket prices, the weekend experience alone is just amazing.
and I couldn't go last year

stylesclash516
02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Wow, that is probably my favorite ROTR line-up so far, it's worth it for Down alone in my opinion. The only bands that I really don't like are Attack Attack and Escape The Fate but ROTR normally has quite a few bands I can't stand.

brutal_descent
02-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Slash
Megadeth
Cypress Hill
Mastodon
Volbeat
Down
Kyng

Actually not that bad for a festival like ROTR :lol:

The_jman
02-01-2012, 09:39 AM
this list is missing shinedown...

Steev
02-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Were the bands/staff there okay with fans taking pics with band members or was that forbidden?

depends on the band, bigger bands not so much(and KoRn had actually put their guards out there to avoid pictures)

jd091
02-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Mastodon, Trivium, Megadeth, and Rob Zombie? Yeah, I'm gonna head down to OSU and party with my friends there that weekend! :fist:

brutal_descent
02-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Mastodon, Trivium, Megadeth, and Rob Zombie? Yeah, I'm gonna head down to OSU and party with my friends there that weekend! :fist:

You forgot somebody...

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/031/f/5/Down_logo_by_red20.png

jd091
02-01-2012, 10:44 AM
You forgot somebody...

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/031/f/5/Down_logo_by_red20.png

:lol: Oh yeah... I never got super into them, but I'm sure they'd be fun.

brutal_descent
02-01-2012, 10:50 AM
:lol: Oh yeah... I never got super into them, but I'm sure they'd be fun.

I'm sure you have, but listen to all of NOLA. One of my favorite albums of all time :drool:

NickLed19
02-01-2012, 10:51 AM
I seriously might go to this.

Steev
02-01-2012, 11:50 AM
It is such a great time(this will be my 4th year) and the campsite is a huge party

jd091
02-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I had a lot of fun 2 years ago and it's gonna be twice as crazy this year since I'll be staying at OSU. Much :drinking: :stoned: the whole time. :lol:

Steev
02-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I had a lot of fun 2 years ago and it's gonna be twice as crazy this year since I'll be staying at OSU. Much :drinking: :stoned: the whole time. :lol:

bring some of those find OSU womens to the campsite, we had a full bar last year

Steev
02-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Also lol at the people actually complaining about this lineup(which IMO is the best they've ever had), especially all the morons who really thought bands that headlined last year would come back(or that broken up bands would reform just to play)

rugbyman
02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
had such a great time last year. sucks i can't go!:mad: oh well just got to hope alot of the good bands are also on carolina rebellion. also does anyone know if there is going to be another leg for gigantour? because megadeth, volbeat, and lacuna coil are all on this lineup.

Orion89
02-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Kinda surprised megadeth is billed so low on the website. Still a pretty good lineup

Steev
02-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Kinda surprised megadeth is billed so low on the website. Still a pretty good lineup

I'm not surprised, I'm hoping they headline a side stage

I just have to say again this lineup is insane(I've always been happy with the lineups, but this blows my fucking mind) of course I've seen most of the bands I like on this, but what the hell

ravenheart
02-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Also lol at the people actually complaining about this lineup(which IMO is the best they've ever had), especially all the morons who really thought bands that headlined last year would come back(or that broken up bands would reform just to play)

Every festival in the world gets the same.

There're plenty of legitimate things to complain about here, don't see why people need to pick out dumb stuff :lol:

ravenheart
02-01-2012, 03:43 PM

So its run properly then? I hate festival where all the stages clash. It's so stupid. Run the 2nd and 3rd at the same time and alternate with the main stage. It makes so much sense it hurts. Yet so many fuck it up.

I leave signing shit to the desperate kiddies though.

Steev
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
So its run properly then? I hate festival where all the stages clash. It's so stupid. Run the 2nd and 3rd at the same time and alternate with the main stage. It makes so much sense it hurts. Yet so many fuck it up.

I leave signing shit to the desperate kiddies though.

The signings are fun, FYE sets up a store so you can get a lot of CDs and DVDs for cheap(and get them signed)

and yeah you pick between side stages but can see all of the main

NickLed19
02-02-2012, 03:17 AM
So many people bitching about this lineup. People are so stupid. This lineup is so much more diverse and people with narrow minds do not get it.

Ape
02-03-2012, 05:21 AM
No matter what the lineup is people will complain.

I went in 09 did the camping thing it was one of these most fun weekends I have ever had. The last two years I refused to go because the headliners were shit. This year I am beyond excited for the show. I bought four tickets through layaway just because I'll be working when they go on sale at ten am next Friday. It's going to be an awesome time.

ravenheart
02-03-2012, 06:00 AM
So many people bitching about this lineup. People are so stupid. This lineup is so much more diverse and people with narrow minds do not get it.

It really isn't THAT diverse at all really. Apart from a couple of surprises like Megadeth and Down, it's 100% bands the kids like. That's obviously what they're trying to pull off, and they've done it rather predictably. Lots of Roadrunner and NewWest bands as usual. All it's missing is Alter Bridge and Evanescence for a full house of current kids' favourites.

Is it sponsored by a radio station at all? That wouldn't surprise me.

I like a good few of them, but not enough to make any kind of trip for. If I lived in Columbus I'd go for the eight or so decent bands.

NickLed19
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Since when did Alter Bridge become kids favorite band?

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Anthrax & In This Moment officially added to the line up.

Steev
02-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Anthrax & In This Moment officially added to the line up.

awesome, this means after not seeing them for several years I will see Anthrax 3 times this year

also I like In This Moment so that's cool(weird since 2 members left for James Durbin-who is also playing)

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-06-2012, 12:05 PM
There is a rumor floating around the internet that Motorhead may be added.

NickLed19
02-06-2012, 12:08 PM
ITM and Anthrax, nice.

The_jman
02-06-2012, 01:12 PM
ish they had the schedules out already....

jd091
02-06-2012, 01:27 PM
There is a rumor floating around the internet that Motorhead may be added.

Oooh. Me gusta.

hellawaits77ny
02-06-2012, 11:05 PM
It really isn't THAT diverse at all really. Apart from a couple of surprises like Megadeth and Down, it's 100% bands the kids like.

I tend to agree. I only like about 4 of those bands, but yeah, that lineup will certainly sell a shit ton of tickets. Kudos to the organizers.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-07-2012, 03:40 AM
The fact that they seem to have more quality metal bands this year is what makes this look good. Its damn good for a radio festival in the US.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-20-2012, 01:01 PM
ROTR 2012

SATURDAY:
Incubus
Shinedown
Slash
5FDP
POD
Theory Of A Deadman
In This Moment
Adelitas Way

SUNDAY:
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Megadeth
Down
Trivium
Soil

All other bands are unknown as to which date they are playing at this time.

brutal_descent
02-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Megadeth
Down
Trivium

Goddamn, Sunday looks good. Would definitely watch each of those bands.

Steev
02-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Halestorm is also playing Sat

Shinedown, Slash, Halestorm, and Adelita's Way are all doing the MMRBQ(radio show that Sunday)

Steev
02-21-2012, 06:41 AM
add Black Stone Cherry to Sunday(since Sat they'll be opening for Chickenfoot)

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-21-2012, 10:46 AM
ROTR 2012

SATURDAY:
Incubus
Shinedown
Slash
5FDP
POD
Halestorm
Theory Of A Deadman
In This Moment
Adelitas Way

SUNDAY:
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Megadeth
Down
Black Stone Cherry
Trivium
Soil

NickLed19
02-21-2012, 12:12 PM
I would guess that Mastodon will play Sunday as well. It seems like the Metal day is Sunday with Zombie, Manson, Megadeth, Down, and Trivium all playing.

Bigstu_13
02-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Is the Rob Zombie and Megadeth tour going to be longer??

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-21-2012, 10:15 PM
ROTR 2012

SATURDAY:
Incubus
Shinedown
Slash
5FDP
POD
Halestorm
Theory Of A Deadman
In This Moment
Adelitas Way

SUNDAY:
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Megadeth
Down
Lacuna Coil
Black Stone Cherry
Trivium
Soil

Lacuna confirmed for Sunday. If Anthrax & Mastodon play on Sunday I may sell my Saturday tickets.

Steev
02-23-2012, 06:36 AM
New Medicine has been added to the lineup

and Black Tide has been moved over to the Friday night party

NickLed19
02-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Both bands suck.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Was bored & checked out some band websites. Cypress Hill, Lacuna Coil, Mastodon & Volbeat had posted which day they were playing RotR...

ROTR 2012

SATURDAY:
Incubus
Shinedown
Slash
5FDP
Cypress Hill
POD
Halestorm
Theory Of A Deadman
In This Moment
Adelitas Way

SUNDAY:
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Megadeth
Volbeat
Mastodon
Down
Lacuna Coil
Black Stone Cherry
Trivium
Soil

NickLed19
03-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Sunday looks better, but Saturday looks solid as well.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-13-2012, 11:06 PM
http://rockontherange.com/lineup.html

The official single day line ups have been released:

FRIDAY NIGHT 4PLAY
Hairball
Foxy Shazam
Black Tide
Hells Bells...tribute to AC/DC

SATURDAY
Incubus
Shinedown
Five Finger Death Punch
Slash
Cypress Hill
Chevelle
Theory of a Deadman
Halestorm
POD
Adelitas Way
Cavo
Bobaflex
Falling In Reverse
In This Moment
New Medicine
Kyng
Otherwise
Rival Sons
Emphatic

SUNDAY
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Megadeth
Anthrax
Mastodon
Volbeat
The Darkness
Down
Escape The Fate
Lacuna Coil
Black Stone Cherry
Attack Attack
Trivium
RedLight King
James Durbin
Aranda
12 Stones
Soil
Eve To Adam
Ghosts Of August

NickLed19
03-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Wonder when they will announce the stages?

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-14-2012, 12:11 AM
I will assume the first 8 bands for each day are the mainstage bands. I bet ETF & James Durbin will headline the Sunday side stages while POD & ITM headline rhe small stages on Saturday.

gilpdawg
03-14-2012, 02:26 AM
Sunday doesn't look half bad, and I've never even been tempted to go to this thing, and I live fairly close. Still probably won't do it.

Steev
03-14-2012, 06:04 AM
I will assume the first 8 bands for each day are the mainstage bands. I bet ETF & James Durbin will headline the Sunday side stages while POD & ITM headline rhe small stages on Saturday.

I can guarantee part of that won't happen, POD headline the Jager stage last year and it was a hot mess(way too many people crowding a small area and basically destroying the general vicinity)

ravenheart
03-14-2012, 06:29 AM
SUNDAY
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Megadeth
Anthrax
Mastodon
Down
Lacuna Coil
Soil

Does want.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Bought tix to this but can't go due to work :( Selling them on Ebay. Asking for more than what I paid but still cheaper than what you will see them being sold for as the event draws closer:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=150787665376

NickLed19
05-01-2012, 02:44 PM
set times and stages were announced....why is Down/Mastodon so close together as far as times.

http://rockontherange.com/lineup.html

Steev
05-06-2012, 03:08 PM
bands being close don't bother me, bands overlapping(same time) bother me, namely:
Trivium/Soil
Anthrax/Lacuna Coil
Cypress Hill/Bobaflex
POD/In This Moment

still seeing how I'll swing that(although truthfully the Jager stage is usually more fun), I just hate that this year you don't have one side stage starting a set earlier now instead of 5 set times overlapping there's 6

also I saw a recent Incubus setlist from a festival, and seriously fuck them if that's what they play

NickLed19
05-06-2012, 07:16 PM
POD/In This Moment and Kyng/Cavo at the same time sucks. I don't know which one I will pick.