PDA

View Full Version : Electric Six to record Minneapolis/Chicago shows for double live album

Epidemic Reign
01-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Figured I'd post this since some of you guys are in the Chicago area... I'd kill to be at one of these shows, but I'm starting a new job in a couple weeks and can't really plan on taking any time to travel.

After years of feedback and requests from our fans, we're excited to announce that this year's album from Electric Six will be a two record live set, to be released in the fall of 2012. One disc will contain the entirety of the band's debut album, "Fire," performed live and the second disc will include live versions of our favorite tracks from all the other albums.

We'll be recording for the live record at two shows, May 11th at First Avenue in Minneapolis, Minnesota and May 12th at the Double Door in Chicago, Illinois. These are two of our favorite venues in the world and we couldn't be happier than both of them are working with us to make this happen. The band will be playing two sets on each night. The first set will be non-"Fire" material. There will be a 30 minute intermission, and then the band will return to perform "Fire" in its entirety. Prior to E6's sets, we'll be joined by our good friend Andy D.

Again, we're very excited to be doing this and for all our fans in Minneapolis and Chicago (or those with an ability and a desire to get there), you'll have a chance to be immortalized on tape along with us. Our shows in these two cities have always been outstanding and we're expecting nothing less this time around. Please join us.

www.electricsix.com (http://www.electricsix.com)

MPF
01-30-2012, 02:03 PM
I'll be about 40 minutes from First Avenue when I move in 3 days. I might just go to this.

Epidemic Reign
01-30-2012, 02:24 PM
I'll be about 40 minutes from First Avenue when I move in 3 days. I might just go to this.

Hope you do man! They're fucking great live, and I can only imagine how awesome a double set would be.

dcmetal108
01-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Chicago is 21+ but I won't even think about it.

Epidemic Reign
02-07-2012, 06:14 PM
So my sister and I talked about this, and if I can get a couple days off work then we're fucking flying to Minneapolis :party:

MPF
02-07-2012, 06:26 PM
So my sister and I talked about this, and if I can get a couple days off work then we're fucking flying to Minneapolis :party:

If you do, I'll be there. :fist:

Epidemic Reign
02-08-2012, 12:09 AM
If you do, I'll be there. :fist:

Righteous :fist:

This might not take long to sell out so I'd get a ticket if I were you (they're only $10) unless you can get on the guest list through the radio gig or something. I don't start my job till Monday so it may take a while to find out if I'll be able to go.

Epidemic Reign
02-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Got tickets for Minneapolis :party:

MPF
02-13-2012, 03:27 AM
How much are they? If I can't go for free. I wanna make sure I save up for them.

Epidemic Reign
02-13-2012, 05:30 AM
How much are they? If I can't go for free. I wanna make sure I save up for them.

Only $10! :dance:

Link (https://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=1602938&cobrand=first-avenue)

MPF
02-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Only $10! :dance:

Link (https://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=1602938&cobrand=first-avenue)

Giggity. First Avenue won't sell out so I should be able to get them at the door in case I can't get in for free.

Epidemic Reign
03-02-2012, 09:28 AM
It's a done deal :D My sister just scheduled the flights.

Also, I just learned that First Avenue is where Cory Smoot played his last show.

MPF
03-02-2012, 01:35 PM
It's a done deal :D My sister just scheduled the flights.

Also, I just learned that First Avenue is where Cory Smoot played his last show.

Yup it is. That's the only good things about such a tragedy.