PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden short tour in 2012/world tour in 2013

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-29-2012, 08:16 AM
From Blabbermouth.net:

When asked about what is going on with IRON MAIDEN at the moment, Nicko replied, "Well, we're taking some time off. And we're gonna go back out on tour sometime this year. We're not sure yet when. It's in the words of a very famous British singer from the Second World War called Vera Lynn. And she had a song and it went something like, 'We'll meet again. Don't know where. Don't know when.' So that's in the line of Vera Lynn. We're doing a Vera Lynn. We don't know where, we don't know when. . . [But] IRON MAIDEN is touring sometime this year, yeah. I don't think [it will be a world tour this time]. Next year, maybe. But this year, it's just gonna be a little tour — short run."

IrritatedTrout
01-29-2012, 08:57 AM
I hope the tour this year is Japan / North America. They were just in Europe for an extensive tour and they just played South America as well and most shows didn't sell as well as in previous years. Japan had their Final Frontier shows cancelled and they haven't played more than 2 dates in the U.S. since summer 2010 so I think both those markets are ready for more dates.

Not to mention neither market (with the exception of Florida) has gotten the proper Final Frontier tour yet.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-29-2012, 09:28 AM
I hope ur right

300%_Density
01-29-2012, 09:41 AM
They'll probably end up playing the same NA markets as they have last few years.

hiddenzombie013
01-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Hopefully they've wised up and they don't skip Florida again like they normally do. I know those were the last two shows they did, but that was a huge deal because they normally skip us. Hell, it had been over 20 years since they played Tampa! So Maiden, please don't skip FL again, especially if you do another greatest hits tour!

mankvill
01-29-2012, 11:14 AM
12 years since they hit KC. :(

anomynous
01-29-2012, 11:38 AM
IRON MISSOURI!

illuminatus917
01-29-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm sure they'll manage to skip about a 400 mile radius around where I live.

Maidenmagic
01-29-2012, 11:57 AM
23 years since they've been to Louisiana. This short tour will most definitely be focused on North America and Japan. It would be silly to go to all the places they went to last year. I'm assuming this short tour will be some sort of retrospective tour. Hopefully there will be a focus on hidden gems (Alexander the great, Infinite dreams, Caught somewhere in time etc.) In the video interview Nicko says keeping watching the website because tour info will be posted soon.

Christen
01-29-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm really hoping this is more of a classics tour. As cool as it was to hear the stuff from Brave New World onwards back in 2010, I'd love for a chance to hear some classic Maiden.

ravenheart
01-29-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm really hoping this is more of a classics tour. As cool as it was to hear the stuff from Brave New World onwards back in 2010, I'd love for a chance to hear some classic Maiden.

If they play London, I want the exact opposite. I'm bored of hearing all the "classics" every time they come here.

Travis The Dragon
01-29-2012, 12:59 PM
12 years since they hit KC. :(

Same for here. :(

Maidenmagic
01-29-2012, 01:27 PM
If they play London, I want the exact opposite. I'm bored of hearing all the "classics" every time they come here.

Yes, if classics just mean trooper, run to the hills, 2 minutes to midnight then no. But really every Maiden song is a classic. The ones I mentioned are the lesser ones. But I wouldn't mind hearing 80s "classics" To tame a land, Stranger in a strange land, still life, seventh son of a seventh son etc.

Maidenmagic
01-29-2012, 01:28 PM

Define what you mean by classic Maiden.

TonyD
01-29-2012, 01:29 PM

So is everybody else, I think what they really mean is something like SBIT where they pulled out deeper tracks from the "golden years". It's funny how they shun the whole "playing classics" thing but when they do play older songs, they're usually the songs that will please the lower common denominator.

IrritatedTrout
01-29-2012, 01:51 PM
I think I saw an interview with Nicko where he said they were gonna focus on material since the reunion. I'd expect this to be a continuation of the Final Frontier tour with a few cuts from the new album, a few songs from the reunion (hopefully a few different ones than '10 and '11), and a few classics.

300%_Density
01-29-2012, 01:59 PM
We should see about making some kind of pool and see who can guess the markets they will hit up. Which should probably be as easy as looking at the last 10 years of tour dates. I can't even bring myself to get excited anymore. I get mildly excited if they are in the same time zone and that's about it.

Christen
01-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Define what you mean by classic Maiden.

Stuff from Powerslave, Seventh Son, NOTB, Killers, Iron Maiden,etc. Don't get me wrong I love the new Maiden material too, it's just the last tour was my first Maiden show and it would be cool to hear some more old school stuff.

Maidenmagic
01-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Stuff from Powerslave, Seventh Son, NOTB, Killers, Iron Maiden,etc. Don't get me wrong I love the new Maiden material too, it's just the last tour was my first Maiden show and it would be cool to hear some more old school stuff.

The last tour (the 2010 leg) was my first Maiden show too. Although I prefer songs from The X factor on I wouldn't mind hearing the older songs. I just thought you were one of those people whose definition of Maiden classics only means Run to the hills, Number of the beast, 2 minutes to midnight,and the trooper.

Maidenmagic
01-29-2012, 02:39 PM
I think I saw an interview with Nicko where he said they were gonna focus on material since the reunion. I'd expect this to be a continuation of the Final Frontier tour with a few cuts from the new album, a few songs from the reunion (hopefully a few different ones than '10 and '11), and a few classics.

If Nicko is telling the truth then I would not mind a set like that at all.

Christen
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
The last tour (the 2010 leg) was my first Maiden show too. Although I prefer songs from The X factor on I wouldn't mind hearing the older songs. I just thought you were one of those people whose definition of Maiden classics only means Run to the hills, Number of the beast, 2 minutes to midnight,and the trooper.

I know what you mean. I have a friend who thinks RTTH is the only Maiden song worth listening to, and it's pretty much sucked out any enjoyment of the song I ever had.

Travis The Dragon
01-29-2012, 03:16 PM

I wouldn't count on that since Maiden has never played songs from past albums that have never been performed live.

IrritatedTrout
01-29-2012, 03:20 PM
I know, they could still play stuff like Rainmaker, Different World, The Mercenary, Journeyman, etc that they didn't play in 2010 and 2011.

Travis The Dragon
01-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Ah yes. I see what you mean. And you never know. Maybe they'll shock us and so some never played songs. Such as Alexander The Great? I can dream, can't I? :D

IrritatedTrout
01-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Nicko told me in Frankfurt back in October that they did rehearse that song, presumably for SBIT.

Maidenmagic
01-29-2012, 03:34 PM
I know what you mean. I have a friend who thinks RTTH is the only Maiden song worth listening to, and it's pretty much sucked out any enjoyment of the song I ever had.

Tell your friend to expand his mind.

illuminatus917
01-29-2012, 03:41 PM
I know what you mean. I have a friend who thinks RTTH is the only Maiden song worth listening to

Ah, the opinion of someone who probably knows virtually nothing about Maiden's discography.

Maidenmagic
01-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Which is a lot of people (especially Americans) who go to their concerts.

es156
01-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Nicko told me in Frankfurt back in October that they did rehearse that song, presumably for SBIT.

And you are just now telling us this?!

:hmm:

masterguy49
01-29-2012, 06:52 PM
And you are just now telling us this?!

:hmm:

I think I remember him mentioning it on the review he had for the event.

es156
01-29-2012, 07:05 PM
I think I remember him mentioning it on the review he had for the event.

Hm, maybe I missed that part somehow? Seems like a detail that I would remember, ha ha.

IrritatedTrout
01-29-2012, 07:08 PM
The question and answer session was fun, it was cool to have him answer my question. I asked him, “Are there any songs in particular, that either haven’t been played live before or haven’t been played in a long time, that you would like to do—“. I was going to say “on a future tour” but he had already given a quick and matter of fact response of “Alexander The Great”. I was pretty shocked and the crowd all started cheering. He then got really excited about the song and about how great he thought it would go over live. He started mouthing all the drum parts and singing the riffs and having fun. He then looked me in the eyes () and explained that they had rehearsed it, although he didn’t say when, but that Adrian couldn’t get the weird solo part down right (from 4:02 to 4:38 in the song I think). He sung the part and asked if I knew which part he meant and I'm pretty sure he meant that. He said that Steve originally told Adrian to play it like that back in the day and that Adrian couldn’t get the timing of it right during rehearsals.

He said that Janick had offered to play that part for him and Nicko got a funny look on his face and the crowd had a good laugh about it. Nick said that Dave just sat back and didn’t say anything when Jan offered to take the part. In the end he said it would be a really cool song to do and he’d like to do in sometime and the crowd definitely agreed. I was really glad that my question had got such a warm response from both him and the crowd.

;)

es156
01-29-2012, 07:13 PM
;)

Alright, I guess maybe I didn't finish reading the review. Sorry, man. That is a pretty cool story. :)

IrritatedTrout
01-29-2012, 07:24 PM
It's all good.:D

Maiden33
01-29-2012, 07:38 PM
I'd be the first guy shouting for a "classics" tour if "classics tour" meant they might play stuff like The Prisoner, 22 Acacia Avenue, Phantom of the Opera, Still Life, Where Eagles Dare, Stranger in a Strange Land, Sea of Madness, and such for no particular reason... but that's absolutely not what Maiden doing a "classics" tour means. Classics tour means:

Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Wrathchild
Can I Play With Madness
The Evil That Men Do
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Heaven Can Wait
Wasted Years (if you're lucky)
Revelations (if you're lucky)
...and maybe 3 reunion tracks, at least one off the newest album and one off Brave New World.

Yeah, I'll pass on that. Honestly if Maiden does that again, I doubt I'll even go.

Maiden33
01-29-2012, 07:48 PM
;)

This reinforces my belief that Maiden are a really lazy band. They plan to do a song that their fanbase has begged them to play live for over 20 years, play it at rehearsals, and decide to dump it because one of the 3 guitarists can't quite nail a solo? Seriously, that's almost pathetic. WORK on something for once. It' just like on the 2010 tour, they were having some issues playing Paschendale. What did they do? Dropped it, instead of using rehearsal time on the road to work on it. Who cares that it's one of the top 5 most beloved songs of the reunion era? Better to just play it safe than spend an extra hour or two of rehearsal time to get it right.

Travis The Dragon
01-29-2012, 08:27 PM
And if he can't quite nail the guitar solo, he could improvise a little bit. They let Janick destroy the solo in Hallowed for fuck's sake.

darkguardian50
01-29-2012, 11:10 PM
I know it will never happen but I would love to see them play "To Tame a Land", I've never actually seen them play "Phantom" Live either, though thats obviously not something super rare.

mankvill
01-29-2012, 11:47 PM
At least Maiden's setlists look like Clutch setlists when compared to Megadeth.

maidenpriest
01-30-2012, 12:16 AM
At least Maiden's setlists look like Clutch setlists when compared to Megadeth.

Lmao. and Janick needs to lose that solo back to Adrian.

MPF
01-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Considering I have yet to see Maiden live (probably never will, they haven't been here in over a decade). If they ever announce a show in Minnesota, I'll be the first one to buy a ticket.

Can't afford a 14 hour round trip (wait, actually 12 now) to Chicago and back. But it's good know they are still going to be going strong.

Maidenmagic
01-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Maiden definetely beats Megadeth in setlists.

Maidenmagic
01-30-2012, 06:18 AM
I'd be the first guy shouting for a "classics" tour if "classics tour" meant they might play stuff like The Prisoner, 22 Acacia Avenue, Phantom of the Opera, Still Life, Where Eagles Dare, Stranger in a Strange Land, Sea of Madness, and such for no particular reason... but that's absolutely not what Maiden doing a "classics" tour means. Classics tour means:

Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Wrathchild
Can I Play With Madness
The Evil That Men Do
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Heaven Can Wait
Wasted Years (if you're lucky)
Revelations (if you're lucky)
...and maybe 3 reunion tracks, at least one off the newest album and one off Brave New World.

Yeah, I'll pass on that. Honestly if Maiden does that again, I doubt I'll even go.

There's nine songs from that list that I haven't heard live so that would be okay. But Maiden does usually play some songs they haven't played in a while for their greatest hits tours. On the real live tour: Where Eagles dare, Translyvania, prowler etc. edhuntour, powerslave, phantom of the opera, Aces high etc. Give me ed til I'm dead: Revelations, bring your daughter to the slaughter, die wth your boots on etc. Early days tour: Another life, remember tomorrow, drifter etc. Somewhere back in time: Moonchild and rhime of the ancient mariner.

Dextrimental
01-30-2012, 06:28 AM
As far as I'm concerned, seeing Maiden live at all is a privilege. In the last couple of years we have seen the likes of Dio and one of the founding members of Riot die, two of the boys in Slayer need drastic medical attention, and the Iron Man himself being diagnosed with early stages of cancer. Yeah the setlist may not be to everyone's liking, it never is, BUT seeing them at all is only going to get rarer, and I personally don't want my last memory of them touring being me getting holier than thou about their setlist choice and missing what could be my last chance to see them live at all.

ravenheart
01-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Whereas I don't want my last memory of seeing them being bored ;)

Christen
01-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Whereas I don't want my last memory of seeing them being bored ;)

It's possible to be bored at a Maiden show?

illuminatus917
01-30-2012, 02:59 PM
It's possible to be bored at a Maiden show?

If you've seen them as many times as he probably has, and if they've played relatively the same set every time, of course.

I don't care what they play. I just want to see them. :bouville: