PDA

View Full Version : Anthrax -- Kansas City, MO -- January 26th, 2012

mankvill
01-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Scott Ian was sick, so guitarists from Testament and Death Angel filled in. Also, Anthrax played without a second guitarist for some songs.

Anthrax:

Earth On Hell (w/ Eric Peterson)
Fight Em Til You Can't (w/ Eric Peterson)
Caught In A Mosh (w/ Eric Peterson)
Antisocial (w/ Eric Peterson)
I'm Alive (w/ Eric Peterson)
The Devil You Know (w/ Alex Skolnick)
Indians (w/ Alex Skolnick) (guest vocals from Chuck Billy)
In The End (w/ Rob Cavestany)
Medusa (w/ Ted Aguilar)
Got The Time (w/ Ted Aguilar)
====
Madhouse (as a 4-piece)
Metal Thrashing Mad (as a 4-piece)
I Am The Law (w/ Alex Skolnick)

Testament:

The Preacher
The New Order
The Persecuted Won't Forget
Practice What You Preach
Over The Wall
Souls Of Black
Into The Pit
Electric Crown
Henchmen Ride
More Than Meets The Eye
DNR
3 Days of Darkness
Disciples Of The Watch

Death Angel:

I Chose The Sky
Mistress Of Pain
Truce
Claws In So Deep
Buried Alive
The Ultra-Violence (snippet)
Thrown To The Wolves

Anthrax: 8.5/10
Testament: 9/10
Death Angel: 8/10

Crowd was pretty lame, but that's what I expected from a radio sponsored show. The sounds wasn't all that great either for Testament or Death Angel. Chuck Billy is still an amazing frontman, and his mic stand is now one of those like $100 lightsabers you can buy at toy stores. So awesome. 2012 concert season is go.

I also met up with 300%_Density there. He's so hot. Like seriously. If I was gay, I would ravage him.

300%_Density
01-26-2012, 11:54 PM
I also met up with 300%_Density there. He's so hot. Like seriously. If I was gay, I would ravage him.

Way to tired and it's way too late to even think of some sort of witty comeback for that so I will head to bed on that note and give my review tomorrow.

christopher
01-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Way to tired and it's way too late to even think of some sort of witty comeback for that so I will head to bed on that note and give my review tomorrow.

I'm sure manks is waiting for you ;)

300%_Density
01-26-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm sure manks is waiting for you ;)

The bad thing is I really had to think to rephrase that so it didn't sound way more gay :cool:

300%_Density
01-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Pics finally uploaded. Turned out pretty well IMO: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2371645425568.91510.1683488038&type=3&l=fc0c508f11

anomynous
01-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Crowd was pretty lame, but that's what I expected from a radio sponsored show. The sounds wasn't all that great either for Testament or Death Angel. Chuck Billy is still an amazing frontman, and his mic stand is now one of those like $100 lightsabers you can buy at toy stores. So awesome. 2012 concert season is go.

Were we at the same show?

Also I have to give congratulations to Testament & Death Angel guitarists for filling in well with a day's notice.

mankvill
01-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Were we at the same show?

Also I have to give congratulations to Testament & Death Angel guitarists for filling in well with a day's notice.

Man, Anthrax stopped Indians and re-did the Wardance part! There were super annoying, so-drunk-they-cant-stand-anymore old guys in the pit, too. Like, it was better than the crowd at the Motorhead shows that 98.9 sponsored, but eh.

christopher
01-27-2012, 12:36 AM
The bad thing is I really had to think to rephrase that so it didn't sound way more gay :cool:

hahaha nice

anomynous
01-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Man, Anthrax stopped Indians and re-did the Wardance part! There were super annoying, so-drunk-they-cant-stand-anymore old guys in the pit, too. Like, it was better than the crowd at the Motorhead shows that 98.9 sponsored, but eh.

Tell me about it, but I thought the crowd participated well as far as singing goes. Also it's kind of hard to have a huge mosh pit in a small area that has a guard rail right behind it.

Judging from those pics 300, we were really close to each other, at least for DA & Testament.

Also I want to know what is wrong with the merch supply, how is Testament out of S, XL, and XXL shirts on the fourth show of a tour? Not to mention Anthrax didn't have the shirt with the Worship Hands & tour dates on the back. :mad: I didn't have enough money either, so I hope Death Angel has left over tour merch and throws it online later on.

Also your set is missing Medusa

mankvill
01-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Ah, I knew I was missing one. I'll update it.

makethemsuffer12
01-27-2012, 07:14 AM

They do that at every show. :lol:

BrutalN00dle
01-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Both bands playing the exact same setlists? Wow. I was thinking about going to see the tour again, but you would think they would mix it up a little...

treghet
01-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Both bands playing the exact same setlists? Wow. I was thinking about going to see the tour again, but you would think they would mix it up a little...

Anthrax? Mix it up?

hahahahahaha never.

anomynous
01-27-2012, 09:18 AM
You mean bands play the same setlist on part two of a tour?

No way

PlaysWithKnives
01-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah, Chuck Billy is a great frontman. He really loves what he's doing. Up there playing air guitar and having fun. I love how Testament just plows through their sets. Cool that all those guys filled in for Anthrax. They could have said "fuck it" and cancelled. Good on them. Too bad the crowd was lame. At our show back in November they were really into it.

anomynous
01-27-2012, 12:09 PM
The crowd wasn't lame. I don't know how singing pretty much every word to every song and fair sized mosh pits is considered lame. You can't really get more crowd participation than that.

Except for the old drunk guy in the windbreaker and the big bald guy (he would just go out of his way to go and push people that weren't moshing, like people that were up against the rail) that were in the moshpit. Fuck those guys.

Sepultura69
01-27-2012, 12:15 PM
The crowd wasn't lame. I don't know how singing pretty much every word to every song and fair sized mosh pits is considered lame. You can't really get more crowd participation than that.

OHHHHH Yes you can. Trust me. :rocker:

300%_Density
01-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Well I figured I'd put in my 2 cents on the evening. I did get confirmation that Manky does actually exist & not a figment of our imaginations. This was my first time getting to see Death Angel. They definitely didn't disapoint. I need to see them do a headline set, I wasn't familiar w/ that many songs but I still enjoyed them all. I did however want to elbow the guy behind me who yelled I'm bored while DA singer talked in-between songs. Thanks to my mad crazy white guy jumping skills I got the DA setlist wrapped up in a much needed bottle of water.

Almost a year & a half is too long to have to wait and see Testament. In a sense they flat out killed it as they usually do. Singer from Death Angel was crowd surfing during The Preacher. Chuck Billy might be one of my favorite frontmen. I was loving Chuck Billys mic stand lit up on the end as well. I cannot wait for the new album and tour that would follow. Got pic from Eric Peterson as well.

And now for Anthrax. Had no idea about Scott not being there. It was odd. I saw their tech even tuning up what I know was one of Scott's guitars. Boy was the crowd quiet when Scott didn't come out. Was looking forward to Earth Is On Hell and with a dead crowd & crappy sound it was disappointing but the sound did improve. It was very cool DA & Testament decided to help out Anthrax. Best part of the evening was Chuck Billy yelling War Dance during Indians. I was worried w/ no Scott it would effect set. It did a little. They didnt do another song after Medusa like they had been (although they were just playing as 4 piece by then) & no partial I'm The Man & Refuse/Resist. Last one might be small difference but still I'd always like more instead of less. No use bitching about the set as that's been done to death on here. Still a good set. Was a little odd hearing them as a 4 piece.

Overall good show. Crowd was still tolerable as far as KC crowds go, which is still majority dumbasses but better than usual. 2012 concert season is officially started.

rjturtle9
01-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Anyone know the reason why Scott was absent?

anomynous
01-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Virus

Also I forgot about that, how bad the sound was at the beginning of Earth on Hell. They spent 40 minutes doing soundcheck, that was inexcusable. Luckily it was fixed right before the first "starter of anything".

300%_Density
01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Anyone know the reason why Scott was absent?

All Joey said was that he came down sick and was in the hospital. No idea w/ what. Still find it odd they tuned one of his guitars on stage. I assumed if they knew that before they wouldn't have bothered tuning his guitar. Just an observation.

Sepultura69
01-27-2012, 02:54 PM
This was my first time getting to see Death Angel. They definitely didn't disapoint. I need to see them do a headline set, I wasn't familiar w/ that many songs but I still enjoyed them all. I did however want to elbow the guy behind me who yelled I'm bored while DA singer talked in-between songs

I'm pretty certain the fan was screaming out the song "I'm bored" by death angel. I doubt he was saying that he was bored from the bands performance. I can 100% assure you that he was just screaming out the song title "I'm bored" and probably wanted to hear it really badly. this fan kind of reminds me of me when I went and Saw Sepultura back in early 2011. I remember through out their entire set every time Derrick took the time to talk to the fans about random shit I would just start screaming and interrupting him with "BIOTECH!!! BIOTECH BIOTECH!!! IZZZ GAWD ZILLLUUUHHHHuhhharwhhhugh!!!!!!" To the top of my lungs. :tongue:

anomynous
01-27-2012, 03:36 PM
I just looked at the shirt I bought.

It has Kansas City on there twice. :kingfools

anomynous
01-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Charlie and Scott are missing tonight's show, Gene's filling in.

They need to stop spreading the disease.

MPF
01-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Charlie and Scott are missing tonight's show, Gene's filling in.

They need to stop spreading the disease.

Really? It sounds like Anthrax is getting better by the day.

300%_Density
01-27-2012, 07:04 PM
According to Blabbermouth article Scott comes back tomorrow & Charlie has a mother who is terminally ill. Charlie probably won't be back for a little bit possibly.

anomynous
01-27-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm surprised Frank isn't gone too, since they grew up in the same house, and it's his Grandma.