Descending
Contractor
The Number Six
Laid To Rest

Encore:
In Your Words
Redneck
Black Label

Incredible show. Seeing Lamb of God in such an intimate setting was a surreal experience. I honestly forgot how good they where live, but after last night, I will never forget again. The new stuff kicks ass live (especially Ghost Walking) and I hope to see them add more of it in the future. Everything was perfect except for getting one of my earplugs knocked out of ear during Ghost Walking and losing it for good (I just bought them last week:mad:). Beyond memorable performance from Lamb of God and I hope they roll through Massachusetts again later this year.

The Acacia Strain, despite being out of place, was really good yet again. Vincent Bennett was truly honored to be there and seemed geniuely surprised at the reception they got (I don't know why though, they are from here). The first band, Too Late The Hero, was pretty lame (they were also terribly out of place), but I respect their enthusisam and they had decent stage presence.

Scores
Too Late the Hero 3/10
The Acacia Strain 8.5/10
Lamb of God 10/10

sarsip
01-26-2012, 05:10 AM
Where did they play? House of Blues/Avalon?

mastodon421
01-26-2012, 05:40 AM
Where did they play? House of Blues/Avalon?

The Paradise. It was my first time going to a show there. The sound was awesome, but the setup isn't the greatest. There is way too many poles that obstruct your view. Still it's a good venue and I would definitely go to a show there in the future.

kommie
01-26-2012, 06:29 AM
That Acacia Strain setlist is wrong, this is it:

Song with 1,632,827,247,986,478 breakdown's x7 and pig squealing. in summation, they played the same song 7 times.

mastodon421
01-26-2012, 06:46 AM

Song with 1,632,827,247,986,478 breakdown's x7 and pig squealing. in summation, they played the same song 7 times.

Oh alright I'll be sure to change that:tp:

kommie
01-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Oh alright I'll be sure to change that:tp:

The first band was better, and they were out of place.

Nater
01-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Too Late The Hero is meh. They are from Maine. Signed to Willie's record label so that's why they got on this. Nice group of guys but for some reason people in this state call them metal.

detuned
01-26-2012, 07:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZDjbMnM8QI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwL-iSYQOq8

hate that i had to back out on this

AnthG
01-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Christ, it must have been a while since they played a venue of that size. I mean when was the last time they played a show without a barricade?

EDIT: Ok, I guess there is a barricade. But it's rather close to the stage. Still though, intimate.

jd091
01-26-2012, 10:58 AM

You have no friends. Nobody loves you. Nobody thinks you're funny.

brutal_descent
01-26-2012, 11:01 AM

That's what happens when you're a Red pinko commie bastard ;)

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/u/us.gif

kommie
01-26-2012, 11:45 AM

shouldn't you be jerking off to the idea of a new Emmure CD coming out later this year?

jd091
01-26-2012, 12:31 PM
shouldn't you be jerking off to the idea of a new Emmure CD coming out later this year?

I am, and I'm also gonna enjoy seeing Goatwhore in a couple weeks. Problem?

kommie
01-26-2012, 12:40 PM
I am, and I'm also gonna enjoy seeing Goatwhore in a couple weeks. Problem?

if it weren't for Goatwhore's style of singing, I might like them.

mattlion
01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
I was there, it was a bit surreal to see a band that popular in a place that small. Word is they'll be back around with a bigger tour, playing the usual bigger places, sometime late summer (maybe).

I'm not an Acacia Strain fan, but the dude on here who commented that they played the same song 7 times.... you were at a Lamb of God show. LoG, to a lot of people, probably played the same song 15 times. If you're going to rip on Acacia, do it because they're not that good, don't do it for the lack of variety. Amon Amarth is awesome and they have 2 songs (the slow one and the fast one).

I happened to run into Buz from Unearth after the show, had a nice chat, he said they had virtually no tour plans domestically lined up anytime soon.

I also chatted with the Acacia Strain singer/growler dude after the show. Wicked cool guy, he said that they were being considered for the 2nd Mayhem Side stage, then Mayhem decided to can the whole stage, so they're probably going to spend part of the summer writing their next record.

jd091
01-26-2012, 01:27 PM
I also chatted with the Acacia Strain singer/growler dude after the show. Wicked cool guy, he said that they were being considered for the 2nd Mayhem Side stage, then Mayhem decided to can the whole stage, so they're probably going to spend part of the summer writing their next record.

New record! :party: Wormwood was their best by far, can't wait to see if they continue that style.

I'll admit that Vincent seems like a dick on stage, but I talked a while with him after their headlining show in Cleveland last December and he's one of the nicest, coolest band guys I've ever met, right up there with Karl Sanders.

dcmetal108
01-26-2012, 01:45 PM

I couldn't of said that better even if I tried.

jhdeity
01-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Holy fuck that place is small. Nice pole placement also. How do people not die there?

hellawaits77ny
01-27-2012, 03:27 AM
Holy fuck that place is small. Nice pole placement also. How do people not die there?

Same as Northern Lights in Clifton Park, NY. Friggin dangerous poles.

Would be sweet to see LOG in a venue like this.

masterguy49
01-27-2012, 03:30 AM

There's this venue over here that has a huge pole right in front of the middle of the stage, not only does it make it hard for you to see, but I'm always waiting for a stage diver to just jump into it :lol:

brutal_descent
01-27-2012, 03:36 AM
There's this venue over here that has a huge pole right in front of the middle of the stage, not only does it make it hard for you to see, but I'm always waiting for a stage diver to just jump into it :lol:

Haha, Slim's in San Francisco has exactly the same thing! It obstructed my view of half of the members of Exhumed, I was getting so annoyed moving my head around to see them :D

TripKore
01-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Lamb of God - Desolation - Live Boston, MA (January 25th, 2012) The Paradise [2CAM HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxSgyxBu1Ak

Complete show filmed along with
That Acacia Strain

kommie
01-27-2012, 07:21 AM
Same as Northern Lights in Clifton Park, NY. Friggin dangerous poles.

Would be sweet to see LOG in a venue like this.

only been to NL once, but yea it's small, and unless things have changed, you can't crowd surf there.

PlaysWithKnives
01-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Not a bad set set from LOG. A great live band they are. We have a couple places here with poles in the middle of the floor. They are just small places where mainly local bands play. It does obstruct your view depending on where you stand. It's definitely an inconvenience for moshers who get so into the show they run into it...:D

PlaysWithKnives
01-27-2012, 12:08 PM

Yes. And all the other shitty bands that sound like them. I don't get it.

hellawaits77ny
01-27-2012, 08:47 PM
only been to NL once, but yea it's small, and unless things have changed, you can't crowd surf there.

Definately can't crowd surf, nothing's changed. Really don't like that venue. PA is shit, bartenders are ugly ass alien-looking whores who think they're hot cause they have big tits, and security are fuckin pricks. They literally beat my friend up a few years back. And I've seen them do it to other dudes too. Takes a real good band for me to go there.

jd091
01-28-2012, 12:05 AM
Yes. And all the other shitty bands that sound like them. I don't get it.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxzic0vplY1r4iepko1_500.jpg