PDA

View Full Version : Riot's Mark Reale Passes Away

Maiden33
01-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Source:
http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/63728/24336/Founding-RIOT-Guitarist-Mark-Reale-Has-Died
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168791

(Also, Riot just posted the new on their official Facebook page)

This truly sucks. Mark has been one of my biggest musical influences for years. He will be missed. :(

mankvill
01-25-2012, 08:31 PM
:( Sucks. RIP

Fates Guardian
01-25-2012, 08:40 PM
The sad news was just announced on Riot's Facebook page. Needless to say, this is terrible, and I'm not really sure what else to say. Another warrior flown too soon. R.I.P. Mark Reale.

On the other hand, if there is a heaven or whatever, and Mark is now there with Dio... count me in.

Edit: I just saw that there's already a thread about this in Misinformation and Propaganda (lamentably, this news is neither of those things). Sorry for not checking there before starting this thread.

Fates Guardian
01-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Whoops, I didn't check this forum before starting a thread about this in General Chat. Mods, do your thing.

Anyway, this is terrible news. Can't really say anything else about it. Just terrible. R.I.P. Mark Reale.

treghet
01-25-2012, 08:42 PM
RIP... :(

Onioner
01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Rest in Peace Mark. I'll always remember buying the Thundersteel/Privilege of Power double CD last year and it pretty much living in my car for my senior year of high school. Then there was the absolutely ridiculous anticipation for Immortal Soul. Going on random Japanese websites just to find a stream for Wings Are For Angels last summer, and having to wait until I got home two weeks after the album came out to buy a copy of Immortal Soul was pure hell since the band would take down YouTube links within days of the songs being uploaded. I've still been cranking most of the album since its release, I can't imagine a better release for a band to go out on.