PDA

View Full Version : Official Mayhem Fest Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 10:06 AM
http://blog.skullsnbones.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/525160_10151479748309886_1075466749_n.jpg

06/29 San Bernardino, CA – San Manuel Amphitheater
06/30 Mountain View, CA – Shoreline Amphitheatre
07/03 Auburn, WA – White River Amphitheatre
07/05 Phoenix, AZ – Desert Sky Pavilion
07/06 Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheatre
07/07 Englewood, CO – Fiddler’s Green Ampitheatre
07/10 Toronto, ON – Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
07/12 Burgettstown, PA – First Niagara Pavilion
07/13 Camden, NJ – Susquehanna Bank Center
07/14 Darien Center, NY – Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
07/16 Mansfield, MA – Comcast Center
07/17 Bangor, ME – Bangor Waterfront
07/19 Scranton, PA – Toyota Pavilion
07/20 Saratoga Springs, NY – Saratoga Performing Arts Center
07/21 Hartford, CT – The Comcast Theatre
07/23 Holmdel, NJ – PNC Bank Arts Center
07/24 Bristow, VA – Jiffy Lube Live
07/26 Noblesville, IN – Klipsch Music Center
07/27 Tinley Park, IL – First Midwest Bank Ampitheatre
07/28 Clarkston, MI – DTE Energy Music Theatre
07/30 Atlanta, GA – Lakewood Amphitheatre
07/31 Tampa, FL – 1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheatre
08/02 Austin, TX – Tower Amphitheatre
08/03 The Woodlands, TX – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
08/04 Dallas, TX – Gexa Energy Pavilion

Steev
01-25-2012, 10:07 AM
for the record, Gigantour ends on March 3rd and KoRn's headlining tour ends March 4th

the "special guest" is announced March 5th

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Its gotta be Motorhead. Now if the new Lamb of God album comes in #1 on the charts and they haven't signed any other band to be the special guest it could be LoG

anomynous
01-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Lamb of God has stated they're not doing it

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm just happy that my favorite Metal Band of All time is getting the 2nd slot on the main stage, I was worried for a second that they would be the 3rd band on the main stage, causing them to shorten their set. Can't say I'm happy bout Asking Alexandra, The Devil Wears Prada, Whitechappel, ect. But I will still go to this. Slayer, Motorhead, High on Fire, Anthrax, Skeletonwhich all sound like smashing good times. More importantly, this is probably going to be the only tour Slayer is hopping on so there is no way I'm missing this. also, I'm pretty certain slayers days of touring by themselves over here in America are officially over with.

Steev
01-25-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm just happy that my favorite Metal Band of All time is getting the 2nd slot on the main stage, I was worried for a second that they would be the 3rd band on the main stage, causing them to shorten their set. Can't say I'm happy bout Asking Alexandra, The Devil Wears Prada, Whitechappel, ect. But I will still go to this. Slayer, Motorhead, High on Fire, Anthrax, Skeletonwhich all sound like smashing good times. More importantly, this is probably going to be the only tour Slayer is hopping on so there is no way I'm missing this. also, I'm pretty certain slayers days of touring by themselves over here in America are officially over with.

really the only bands Im not crazy about are Whitechapel(who are ok and can take in small doses), The Devil Wears Prada(who atleast their newest album is better than they used to be), and Asking Alexandria(who I've seen and not my thing, but not horrible live)

besides you have Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax, As I Lay Dying, and fucking High On Fire

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 10:21 AM
really the only bands Im not crazy about are Whitechapel(who are ok and can take in small doses), The Devil Wears Prada(who atleast their newest album is better than they used to be), and Asking Alexandria(who I've seen and not my thing, but not horrible live)

besides you have Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax, As I Lay Dying, and fucking High On Fire

The only thing better than High on Fire is if they Got SLEEP to play at Mayhem fest.

:stoned:

mankvill
01-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Hoping to get some juicy offdates out of this.

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 10:24 AM

Slayer/Motorhead/High on Fire/Anthrax @ KC ;) :D :rocker: :stoned:

Steev
01-25-2012, 10:32 AM

depending on whether or not Jeff is back in Slayer will probably affect any off dates involving them

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 10:34 AM

TDWP, AA and AILD = Juicy!!!

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM
depending on whether or not Jeff is back in Slayer will probably affect any off dates involving them

I hope jeff is getting better. The last time Jeff played a show with Slayer was october 22nd 2010 at the Yagermiester tour with Anthrax and Megadeth. I remember because it was the last show of the tour and it was our Show.

mankvill
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM

In 2010, we got Lamb of God/Hatebreed/3 Inches of Blood (I went to this one) and in 2011, we had Suicide Silence/All Shall Perish/Red Fang/Straight Line Stitch and that In Flames/Trivium/Kingdom of Sorrow run of shows that eventually got canceled. So a good mix of mainstage and second stage bands.

Steev
01-25-2012, 10:38 AM
In 2010, we got Lamb of God/Hatebreed/3 Inches of Blood (I went to this one) and in 2011, we had Suicide Silence/All Shall Perish/Red Fang/Straight Line Stitch and that In Flames/Trivium/Kingdom of Sorrow run of shows that eventually got canceled. So a good mix of mainstage and second stage bands.

but not usually headliners

I could see one like Anthrax/As I Lay Dying/Whitechapel/High on Fire

Steev
01-25-2012, 10:42 AM
of course we could also be completely wrong about the "guest" too

gee maybe it's
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/CoalChamber/mainpics/128.jpg
:P

TonyD
01-25-2012, 11:05 AM
This is embarrassing, disappointing and I don't know what else...
Just the lineup of Slayer, Anthrax and HOF is worth going for, but being stuck inside the venue for the bands in between is absolute torture. Best case scenario is that HOF gets rotated later since I would be at their home show.

street_burial
01-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Asking Alexandria will be opening the main stage on some dates

detuned
01-25-2012, 11:20 AM
YA DONT SAY
The fourth slot on the main stage will feature a rotation of The Devil Wears Prada, As I Lay Dying and Asking Alexandria

dcmetal108
I am actually happy with that lineup.

Always wanted to see Motorhead, Slipknot, High On Fire, AILD, and Anthrax. Plus Anthrax playing a headlining set on 2nd stage is awsome.

TDWP are really good live and alot heavier now, Asking Alexandria is actuallly pretty fun live and not that bad, Whitechapel is kickass.

I'm actually going to go to it.

brutal_descent
Asking Alexandria will be opening the main stage on some dates

No shit, they're on a rotating slot. :tp:

mastodon421
I am pretty content with this lineup. Asking Alexandria is really the only band I despise on this bill (and they are the worst band in metal right now) and they could have picked someone better than TDWP, but otherwise I like all the bands to varying extents. Stoked to finally see Anthrax and High On Fire.

llama lom
01-25-2012, 11:21 AM
This is just...bad. The only bands I would bother seeing are at the beginning and the end. Plus lawn tickets wouldn't even be worth it.

OraclesofAgony
01-25-2012, 11:23 AM
So they're doing away with the second sidestage I'm assuming? It probably would've been a bunch of crap anyways. Now that Slayer is playing I will probably end up going to this. And Slipknot does put on a good show.

And yeah that would be awesome if the special guest is Motorhead since I'm not going to Gigantour.

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 11:42 AM
So i guess its safe to assume that we can stop the Wolverine hate. He was right all along...well, kinda, which leads me to my next question. Is Clutch and Skeletonwhitch still on this or are they going to release the line up in much better detail over the coming weeks. Or is this as good as it gets? AKA final line up?

NickLed19
01-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Isn't this a kinda short lineup?

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 11:46 AM

I'm Pretty sure this isn't the final line up. Didn't wolverine say Clutch, Opeth and Skeletonwhich were suppose to be on?

mankvill
01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm Pretty sure this isn't the final line up. Didn't wolverine say Clutch, Opeth and Skeletonwhich were suppose to be on?

You just got Punk'd

OraclesofAgony
01-25-2012, 11:47 AM

Yes because there is no mention of a second sidestage, only the Jagermeister stage, and it doesn't seem like there is going to be another sidestage this time around.

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 11:48 AM
You just got Punk'd

Are you Ashton Kutcher?

NickLed19
01-25-2012, 11:50 AM
This is worth going to see Slayer, Anthrax, High on Fire, and hopefully Motorhead.

stevepwn
01-25-2012, 12:11 PM
better then last year.... SLAYER:rocker: sliptknot is decent, high on FIRE anthax.. nice im going

DisposableJustice
01-25-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm in...not super interested in the side stage but I get to see Slayer again, big plus and also Slipknot and Anthrax for the first time (I missed them at the CA Big 4 because I was stuck in the merch line)

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm in...not super interested in the side stage but I get to see Slayer again, big plus and also Slipknot and Anthrax for the first time (I missed them at the CA Big 4 because I was stuck in the merch line)

We met at the big Four show right Before Slayer went on. :D

DisposableJustice
01-25-2012, 12:21 PM
We met at the big Four show right Before Slayer went on. :D

Yes that was a hell lot of fun and it was great to meet you....Slayer stole the show...in the other thread I said I was hoping that Slayer would get off their ass and do their own headline tour...but hey 2012 is young and maybe they'll do a fall one *crosses fingers*

I also hope Jeff is well enough to take part I would think so otherwise why be on this plus the European dates?

Xenocide
01-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Definitely going, Slipknot and Slayer are a couple of my all time favorite bands and I love Anthrax, AILD, and HOF.

OraclesofAgony
01-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Slayer is the reason I will be going. Slipknot is fun but I've seen them 3 times already. I've seen Slayer 3 times too, but they are also one of my favorite bands. And I've seen Anthrax twice now and saw High on Fire with Dethklok/Mastodon. I will be going on beer runs during all the bands outside of those 4 (and the special guest of course if it's Motorhead or someone else good).

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Slayer is the reason I will be going. Slipknot is fun but I've seen them 3 times already. I've seen Slayer 3 times too, but they are also one of my favorite bands. And I've seen Anthrax twice now and saw High on Fire with Dethklok/Mastodon. I will be going on beer runs during all the bands outside of those 4 (and the special guest of course if it's Motorhead or someone else good).

I went to Mayhem FEST 2009 For slayer and SLAYER only. I'm pretty much going this year for them and them only, all the other bands are a great addition and a a good reason for me to show up for the whole show instead of showing up like 2009, in which me and all my friends showed up around 6pm and watched killswitch, bullet, Then slayer, And then we booked it. :rocker:

Epidemic Reign
01-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Can't see myself going this year. If the Opeth part had been true, it might have changed my mind.

300%_Density
01-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Clutch & Opeth are not really festival type bands any way. The only one they both ever did was SOTU in '05. I think Opeth has too long of songs for this type of festival & Clutch have always been one of those bands who do their own tours. I don't see a ton of people in the Mayhem crowd that would get Clutch. Would have made it sweet but still no big deal.

Epidemic Reign
01-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I saw them at SOTU '05. Opeth played four songs and they were fucking amazing, and Clutch went on right after the sun went down and rocked the place. I would rather see them do their own tours but if they both got on a festival I'd probably have to go.

Steev
01-25-2012, 01:20 PM
If you want a laugh go on the FB page, so much butt hurt pissing and moaning

BloodoftheKings
01-25-2012, 01:25 PM
The lineup is ok. The special guest would have to be really good to push me to go to this.

PlaysWithKnives
01-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Except for Anthrax and Slayer, its another crap festival. Too much screamo. I will bite my tongue before I start hating on them all...:D

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Seen Slipknot 5x, Slayer 6x, Anthrax 4x, HoF 1x, AILD 2x, Whitechapel 1x and have never seen Motorhead. I'll be there. Will probably just show up for the start of Anthrax & skip the earlier bands.

Steev
01-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Except for Anthrax and Slayer, its another crap festival. Too much screamo. I will bite my tongue before I start hating on them all...:D

I already respect you more than the rest of those stooges

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 01:48 PM
I already respect you more than the rest of those stooges

Exactly.

I'm glad Lyman & Reese put together a half assed acceptable METAL festival this year.

masterguy49
01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Exactly.

I'm glad Lyman & Reese put together a half assed acceptable METAL festival this year.

Yeah, I'm really glad to see Anthrax, Slayer, and High on Fire there. I think the good balances the bad to be honest. The only horrid band is Asking Alexandria and well, I guess they need to get money somehow....

TiradesOfTruth
01-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Anthrax doing a headlining set on the Jager stage this should be good.

Orion89
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
It'd be cool if asking alexandria all died in a plane crash and they got Testament to replace them and actually play the whole tour. Although ill admit this is not a shit year. Its actually pretty good. Just surprised FFDP isn't on yet. Maybe they'll be the special guest.

kommie
01-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Lamb of God will not be on this, their manager guy of sorts told me they're doing a summer amphitheater tour of sorts with 4 other big bands like LoG

AnthG
01-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Again, I like Slipknot but that's it. Slayer's meh (sorry bros, just can't dig 'em outside of like 3 or 4 songs) but they're decent live. Anthrax is ok. AILD has a couple songs here and there...but that's about it for me.

dcmetal108
01-25-2012, 02:12 PM
It'd be cool if asking alexandria all died in a plane crash and they got Testament to replace them and actually play the whole tour. Although ill admit this is not a shit year. Its actually pretty good. Just surprised FFDP isn't on yet. Maybe they'll be the special guest.

I get that you don't like a band but saying that it'd be cool if they all died in a plane crash isn't funny. It's a dick thing to say and makes you like an asshole.

hellawaits77ny
01-25-2012, 02:13 PM
SLAYER FUCK YEAH!! There's my white trash quote for today :lol:

As long as Slayer's there, I will be.

masterguy49
01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
SLAYER FUCK YEAH!! There's my white trash quote for today :lol:

As long as Slayer's there, I will be.

This, always and forever :fist:

OraclesofAgony
01-25-2012, 02:15 PM

Well that wouldn't be very special, considering they've played the tour twice (and they're complete shit but that's beside the point).

hellawaits77ny
01-25-2012, 02:17 PM
This, always and forever :fist:

Great minds think alike :rocker:

PlaysWithKnives
01-25-2012, 02:21 PM
It'd be cool if asking alexandria all died in a plane crash and they got Testament to replace them and actually play the whole tour.

This would be fantastic...;) The special guest will probably be Korn or someone else uninteresting...But people I know will want to go and Anthrax doing a headline set will probably be enough to get me there.

OraclesofAgony
01-25-2012, 02:22 PM
This would be fantastic...;) The special guest will probably be Korn or someone else uninteresting...But people I know will want to go and Anthrax doing a headline set will probably be enough to get me there.

I doubt it will be Korn. The Special Guest will be a band who hasn't been on the tour before most likely.

PlaysWithKnives
01-25-2012, 02:22 PM
I get that you don't like a band but saying that it'd be cool if they all died in a plane crash isn't funny. It's a dick thing to say and makes you like an asshole.

No its funny...:D

Steev
01-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Maybe it will be someone random like Ministry, that'd be something different

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 02:37 PM
The special guest is Motorhead. In the press release it stated they would play the slot before Slayer. That takes Korn out of the equasion. Plus the sites that predicted Slayer also stated Motorhead would be there.

The LoG tour will have:

Black Sabbath
Lamb Of God
Killswitch Engage
Devildriver
Down

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 02:39 PM
The special guest is Motorhead. In the press release it stated they would play the slot before Slayer. That takes Korn out of the equasion. Plus the sites that predicted Slayer also stated Motorhead would be there.

The LoG tour will have:

Black Sabbath
Lamb Of God
Killswitch Engage
Devildriver
Down

Or maybe not. Who knows?

AnthG
01-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Didn't Ozzfest do that mystery band thing once in 2006? I remember people being pissed off when it was announced as Avenged Sevenfold.

300%_Density
01-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Not to be a downer but wasn't FFDP all but assured to be on here? The bigger question is would people hate more if FFDP as mystery band or A7X @ Ozzfest?

OraclesofAgony
01-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Not to be a downer but wasn't FFDP all but assured to be on here? The bigger question is would people hate more if FFDP as mystery band or A7X @ Ozzfest?

Why would they make a mystery band announcement for a band that has been on the tour multiple times? That doesn't make any sense to me. Neither does Korn since they played in 2010.

Orion89
01-25-2012, 02:53 PM

Take a chill pill brah :tongue:

The LoG tour will have:

Black Sabbath
Lamb Of God
Killswitch Engage
Devildriver
Down

Wouldn't be a bad tour, but I guess that means no Ozzfest, or is that Ozzfest:eek:

Steev
01-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Or maybe not. Who knows?

Chris Adler specifically said they would be headlining, and Dez Faffara recently said the Metalliance tour would be their last until late 2013(which leads me to believe Coal Chamber will tour at some point)

Steev
01-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Now just playing devils advocate here, you take Lamb Of God and Five Finger Death Punch+2 other decently big names and that could probably fill sheds

NickLed19
01-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Lamb of God, FFDP, and Mastadon plus another band?

Steev
01-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Lamb of God, FFDP, and Mastadon plus another band?

It'd sell tickets

Orion89
01-25-2012, 03:08 PM
I doubt FFDP would open for LOG. I could see KSE on the LOG tour.

Steev
01-25-2012, 03:12 PM
I doubt FFDP would open for LOG. I could see KSE on the LOG tour.

LOG has been doing arenas since 2007, they're definitely big enough and I'm sure 5FDP wouldn't have a problem playing under them

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 03:14 PM

The LoG tour will have:

Black Sabbath
Lamb Of God
Killswitch Engage
Devildriver
Down

I'm pretty sure a Sabbath tour is fucked at this point, ya know with the guitarist and all...:(

MPF
01-25-2012, 03:17 PM
My guess:

Motorhead for Mayhem.

KoRn and Donkey Punch headlining Uproar.

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 03:18 PM
My guess:

Motorhead for Mayhem.

KoRn and Donkey Punch headlining Uproar.

Is there really a band called Donkey punch. Holy shit :lol:

MPF
01-25-2012, 03:20 PM

Actually there is a cover band in my area called Donkey Punch.

But I did mean Five Finger Donkey Punch...I mean Five Finger Death Punch.

illuminatus917
01-25-2012, 03:20 PM

One of the many derogatory names for FFDP.

MPF
01-25-2012, 03:21 PM
One of the many derogatory names for FFDP.

It's only derogatory if someone doesn't like a good ol Donkey Punch from time to time.

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 03:23 PM
It's only derogatory if someone doesn't like a good ol Donkey Punch from time to time.

:fist:

detuned
01-25-2012, 03:31 PM
LOG has been doing arenas since 2007

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=artist:%28Lamb+of+God%29+tour:%28No+F ear+Energy+Tour%29

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 03:39 PM

I have 2 really good sources. One is radio DJ. In an interview with 5FDP the band member stated to the DJ after the interview was over that they would be back this summer on Mayhem alongside Korn and Slipknot. This DJ has never led me astray or been wrong with any info forwarded to me. Things must have changed OR the guy from 5FDP was BSing.

I am going to assume that things were changed. The Mayhem organizers attempt to listen to the fans, that is obvious with Warped tour. They brought us more metal acts this year. Specifically, they likely changed 5FDP from the tour to Uproar.

I believe that Uproar will likely have 5FDP but probably either Godsmack or Staind as headliner. To be honest, there are few bands who can sell 90,000 copies of an album in one week like 5FDP recently did. Like it or not, they are coheadliner material right now. And they fit Uproar alot better than they do Mayhem Festival. Godsmack, Disturbed, 5FDP, B4MV are better suited for a hard rock festival than a metal festival imo.

Steev
01-25-2012, 03:40 PM
http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=artist:%28Lamb+of+God%29+tour:%28No+F ear+Energy+Tour%29

yeah they went back to clubs for that and atleast in Philadelphia had to add a second show(both of which sold out)

they did arenas with KSE, Devildriver, and Soilwork in the fall/winter of 2007

Steev
01-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I have 2 really good sources. One is radio DJ. In an interview with 5FDP the band member stated to the DJ after the interview was over that they would be back this summer on Mayhem alongside Korn and Slipknot. This DJ has never led me astray or been wrong with any info forwarded to me. Things must have changed OR the guy from 5FDP was BSing.

I am going to assume that things were changed. The Mayhem organizers attempt to listen to the fans, that is obvious with Warped tour. They brought us more metal acts this year. Specifically, they likely changed 5FDP from the tour to Uproar.

I believe that Uproar will likely have 5FDP but probably either Godsmack or Staind as headliner. To be honest, there are few bands who can sell 90,000 copies of an album in one week like 5FDP recently did. Like it or not, they are coheadliner material right now. And they fit Uproar alot better than they do Mayhem Festival. Godsmack, Disturbed, 5FDP, B4MV are better suited for a hard rock festival than a metal festival imo.

well Godsmack and Staind just announced a spring tour that's skipping some major markets

I'm thinking KoRn/Staind/Five Finger Death Punch for Uproar if that is the case

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 03:43 PM
yeah they went back to clubs for that and atleast in Philadelphia had to add a second show(both of which sold out)

In some regions bands play clubs while in others they are a bigger draw and play small arenas.

LoG is the premiere metal band for the younger kids. It is their generations Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, etc...

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 03:44 PM
well Godsmack and Staind just announced a spring tour that's skipping some major markets

I'm thinking KoRn/Staind/Five Finger Death Punch for Uproar if that is the case

Its very possible. Godsmack or Staind is likely on that festival imo. Maybe HellYeah, Lacuna Coil

slapguitarer
01-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Anthrax and High On Fire are the only bands that have me interested. Too many scene bands, and I don't care for any of the main stage bands.

If I go, I'll be getting lawn for sure.

Steev
01-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Its very possible. Godsmack or Staind is likely on that festival imo. Maybe HellYeah, Lacuna Coil

Ill just laugh if it's KoRn and Staind, Jonathan Davis recently made a comment about how he doesn't want to keep touring with Limp Bizkit and Staind the rest of his career

AnthG
01-25-2012, 04:12 PM

And the Canadian dates on the No Fear tour in 09 were in arenas as well.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Ill just laugh if it's KoRn and Staind, Jonathan Davis recently made a comment about how he doesn't want to keep touring with Limp Bizkit and Staind the rest of his career

Korn is in a difficult spot. Their dub step album sold decently but they cannot play too much material off of it to at the normal shows they play. Its quiet possible they will headline their own smaller tour so that their fans know what to expect. They break out the ole Skrillex on Uproar and those rowdy rednecks will chucking water and coke from the top row of seats at JD and company. :party:

Steev
01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Uproar isn't as much redneck as a mix of fratboys and mall kids

Xenocide
01-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Their dub step album sold decently

Charting at number 20 for a band that consistently charted in the top 5 for 2 decades is pretty damn bad.

mankvill
01-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Charting at number 20 for a band that consistently charted in the top 5 for 2 decades is pretty damn bad.

The Path of Totality sold 55,000 copies in its first week to debut at number ten on the Billboard 200,[25] making it Korn's eleventh album to peak within the top-10. The album has sold around 125,000 copies in the US as of January 4, 2012.[26] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Path_of_Totality#Chart_performance)

Lawyered.

BloodoftheKings
01-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Record sales still matter?

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2012, 05:36 PM
The Path of Totality sold 55,000 copies in its first week to debut at number ten on the Billboard 200,[25] making it Korn's eleventh album to peak within the top-10. The album has sold around 125,000 copies in the US as of January 4, 2012.[26] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Path_of_Totality#Chart_performance)

Lawyered.

Mankvilled

slapguitarer
01-25-2012, 05:38 PM
http://www.change.org/petitions/mayhem-festival-remove-asking-alexandria-and-the-devil-wears-prada#

I guess somebody really doesn't like those two bands. I signed it, even though it probably won't do a thing.

dcmetal108
01-25-2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.change.org/petitions/mayhem-festival-remove-asking-alexandria-and-the-devil-wears-prada#

I guess somebody really doesn't like those two bands. I signed it, even though it probably won't do a thing.

I understand why someone would want Asking Alexandria but TDWP are heavy enough and big enough to be side stage on this. Hell their album is great metalcore and with that most of the scene kids stopped caring about them.

Worst part with that petition is that someone said they are worried about the fights between Slayer fans and TDWP fans :lol:

DementedX14
01-25-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm kinda disappointed about this lineup. I expected more bands than that and they had to pick shitty bands to open up. Slipknot and Slayer would be the only reason I would go if I choose to do so.

Sanitarium78
01-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Since this is coming here, i'll go for Slipknot, Slayer and Anthrax. Except for HOF i've never even heard anything from the other bands, so I have no reaction to the rest of the lineup.

I like that this lineup looks shorter than years past. It's about time these festivals realized it should be quality over quantity. Hopefully this means the headliners will get longer and can actually play something that resembles a headline set instead of the hour long, mail it in sets all the headliners have done on mayhem before.

GarageMetal468
01-25-2012, 06:35 PM

I would sign it, but...

"It’s a known fact that bands like Slayer, Slipknot, and Anthrax have rowdy fans, who are not fans of AA and TDWP, and it’s very probable that fights could ensue between the two demographics."

That's like half the reason to go to Mayhem this year!

dcmetal108
01-25-2012, 06:40 PM
I would sign it, but...

"It’s a known fact that bands like Slayer, Slipknot, and Anthrax have rowdy fans, who are not fans of AA and TDWP, and it’s very probable that fights could ensue between the two demographics."

That's like half the reason to go to Mayhem this year!

haha the one year I went to this fest (2009) I saw like no scene kids. Plus really other than Asking Alexandria this fest doesn't have any other bands that scene kids truly love. Most kids are leaning away from TDWP and Whitechapel it seems.

Plus kids find this fest scary more than likely lol.:rocker:

Blacktooth85
01-25-2012, 08:34 PM
LOG has been doing arenas since 2007, they're definitely big enough and I'm sure 5FDP wouldn't have a problem playing under them

Arenas? I don't think they've ever headlined a show in the US at arenas.

Nater
01-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes they did. The LoG/KsE/Devildriver/Soilwork tour was an arena tour atleast here it was and they headlined.

jd091
01-25-2012, 09:05 PM

:lol: Wait, some metalheads are actually butthurt enough to want to start a petition for that? How nerdy can you be?

detuned
01-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Yes they did. The LoG/KsE/Devildriver/Soilwork tour was an arena tour atleast here it was and they headlined.
KSE closed the show. and the colisee is about as small as an arena gets.

Nater
01-25-2012, 09:08 PM
I understand not liking the bands but if you are really so angry just don't go to the show. An online petition isn't gonna change much.

Nater
01-25-2012, 09:10 PM
KSE closed the show. and the colisee is about as small as an arena gets.

your right, my bad. you think for being there I would remember that KsE closed. :cool:

yeah it is real small but it's about as much of an Arena as this state has.

treghet
01-25-2012, 09:10 PM
:lol: Wait, some metalheads are actually butthurt enough to want to start a petition for that? How nerdy can you be?

Well these are the metalheads that are actually considering going to Mayhem Fest.

aka high school freshmen who just got into Slayer last year and think they're better than everybody else because they listen to metal.

detuned
01-25-2012, 09:13 PM
yeah it is real small but it's about as much of an Arena as this state has.
civic center is like double the size

mankvill
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
>petitioning to get TDWP and Asking Alexandria off Mayhem
>totally fine with Whitechapel

:bouville:

Nater
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
civic center is like double the size

I didn't think the Civic Center was that much bigger. Why wasn't that show there then? I mean besides Portland's dislike of most metal?

coltongsmith
01-25-2012, 09:28 PM

signed and spammed facebook and mayhem's facebook

jd091
01-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Well these are the metalheads that are actually considering going to Mayhem Fest.

aka high school freshmen who just got into Slayer last year and think they're better than everybody else because they listen to metal.

Yeah. I mean... I guess I was that same way at that age. METAL RULES FUCK POP MUSIC AND RAP AND PARENTS! SATAN 666!

I want to go just for Slipknot. Still haven't seen them. I'd be lying if I said they didn't have a huge influence on my 13 and 14 year old self.

>petitioning to get TDWP and Asking Alexandria off Mayhem
>totally fine with Whitechapel

:bouville:

:lol:

TheDeadPanda
01-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Just throwing this out there, on the email i got from the website it says at the bottom "special main stage guestS to be announced march 5th".

maybe motorhead on some dates and korn on others?..

detuned
01-25-2012, 09:48 PM
I didn't think the Civic Center was that much bigger. Why wasn't that show there then? I mean besides Portland's dislike of most metal?
cause the civic center was way too big for that tour. colisee is 4000ish and wasnt even close to full. civic center is somewhere in the 7000-9000 range.

slapguitarer
01-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Just throwing this out there, on the email i got from the website it says at the bottom "special main stage guestS to be announced march 5th".

maybe motorhead on some dates and korn on others?..

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z394/slapguitarer/mayhemz.jpg

Nope, guest is singular.

TheDeadPanda
01-25-2012, 10:16 PM
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj546/markhastings38/photo1.jpg"]

Nope, guest is plural.

AnthG
01-25-2012, 10:21 PM
That might make sense since I think someone pointed out that Korn is hitting up some of the Mayhem cities on their upcoming tour.

jd091
01-25-2012, 11:26 PM
...and I forgot how stupid the Mayhem threads have always been, so I'll be unsubscribing. See you back on this thread 3 months from now when nothing has changed.

TonyD
01-25-2012, 11:40 PM
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj546/markhastings38/photo1.jpg"]

Nope, guest is plural.

Maybe they're referring to a band of multiple people, not multiple bands :eek:

OraclesofAgony
01-25-2012, 11:40 PM
The opening date better get Motorhead then.

TheDeadPanda
01-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Maybe they're referring to a band of multiple people, not multiple bands :eek:

right, cause when they announce a band they give each band member a special introduction and want us to acknowledge each as an individual, my bad.

Steev
01-26-2012, 07:54 AM

You just described everyone on the Mayhem FB and Message Boards

ravenheart
01-26-2012, 08:06 AM
right, cause when they announce a band they give each band member a special introduction and want us to acknowledge each as an individual, my bad.

Way to be flippant while missing the point entirely.

Using the plural of guest for a single band, without preceding with "a", is just correct grammar.

Besides which, the press release accompanying the line-up announcement says "a major special guest." While that is arguably incorrect grammar, they are clearly incdicating it will be one band.

Steev
01-26-2012, 08:13 AM
side not, massive LOL at this being 13 pages in less than a day

ravenheart
01-26-2012, 08:14 AM
side not, massive LOL at this being 13 pages in less than a day

A lot for a shitfest, isn't it? :lol:

Now where's the 2013 speculation one?

dcmetal108
01-26-2012, 01:56 PM
A lot for a shitfest, isn't it? :lol:

Now where's the 2013 speculation one?

Give it a day.

The starting rumor will more than likely involve Rammestein headlining with SOAD headlining the 2nd stage.

kalfitegrdan
01-27-2012, 12:55 AM
So, will they be selling "Fuckin' Slayer/Fuck Slipknot" shirts there or will I have to make one myself?

kommie
01-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Really only 9 bands? that's pathetic. Only 2 good one's to boot.

illuminatus917
01-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Really only 9 bands? that's pathetic. Only 2 good one's to boot.

If it means longer set times / less standing out in the ridiculous heat feeling like throwing up on the next kid wearing a Whitechapel shirt, I don't see an issue.

treghet
01-27-2012, 09:15 AM
If it means longer set times / less standing out in the ridiculous heat feeling like throwing up on the next kid wearing a Whitechapel shirt, I don't see an issue.

Actually, it doesn't. They're doing one less stage this year. So the sets will be the same amount of time and you will be there for just as long, there just won't be as many bands playing.

illuminatus917
01-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Actually, it doesn't. They're doing one less stage this year. So the sets will be the same amount of time and you will be there for just as long, there just won't be as many bands playing.

:tp: I'm not surprised.

Steev
01-27-2012, 09:59 AM
It looks like Jeff Hanneman will be back for the tour(well, that or someone else is filling in) because Gary Holt is going to be in Europe with Exodus

Dextrimental
01-27-2012, 10:04 AM
It looks like Jeff Hanneman will be back for the tour(well, that or someone else is filling in) because Gary Holt is going to be in Europe with Exodus

They're both playing Graspop, so I'd imagine Jeff is back with Slayer.

Steev
01-27-2012, 10:11 AM
They're both playing Graspop, so I'd imagine Jeff is back with Slayer.

Gary did pull double duty on tour last year

Sepultura69
01-27-2012, 10:27 AM

Change High School Freshmen to 7th Grader in middle School and then you are pretty much describing me(because that is exactly how i was in 7th grade when i first discovered the aweomsness that is SLAYER), :lol:

of course that was like 12-13 years ago, I'm not like that anymore. I promise. :hecho:

AnthG
01-27-2012, 10:29 AM
I was the same. Except replace 13/14 with 16, and replace Slayer with Children of Bodom.

Sepultura69
01-27-2012, 10:33 AM
I was the same. Except replace 13/14 with 16, and replace Slayer with Children of Bodom.

im 100 percent certain a lot of people on this board went through some sort of phase like that. Can't lie and say I didn't, because I did :lol:

Not only that but I remember in Middle School I thought God hates us all was the most hardcore album ever made and nothing even came close to it. I thought it was the most METAL ALBUM EVER...Of course I didn't listen to anything outside of that cd to know what Metal is...other than maybe the black album by metallica lol.... I seriously praised it so much in a way that I feel down right embarrassed now when I think about it

It was also my first slayer record, i pretty much got first introduced to Slayer through God hates us all, and the first song was "disciple", and i thought it was the most metal song ever made, ahahahha. Of course this was like 13 years ago. Most people would say there first slayer album was reign in blood or something but sadly mine was this. I was just bored and I downloaded "disciple" off Kazaa(ahahahha anyone remember KAZAA?)..And then next thing i know i am now converted. :lol:

hellawaits77ny
01-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I was just bored and I downloaded "disciple" off Kazaa(ahahahha anyone remember KAZAA?)..And then next thing i know i am now converted. :lol:

KAzaa was the shit!

treghet
01-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Ah yes... Kazaa, Morpheus, and LimeWire.

Sepultura69
01-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Ah yes... Kazaa, Morpheus, and LimeWire.

I remember I got fucked over too many times with Limewire . Too many viruses, my friend :hecho:

AnthG
01-27-2012, 12:38 PM
I found Limewire much more reliable than Kazaa and Morpheus when it came to viruses and spyware and shit like that.

Annnnnddd off topic.

Sepultura69
01-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Annnnnddd off topic.

isn't that what the mayhem fest boards are all about :D

I thought line up and important announcement comes last, surely you knew that by now, especially with the last mayhem thread and all ;)

masterguy49
01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Change High School Freshmen to 7th Grader in middle School and then you are pretty much describing me(because that is exactly how i was in 7th grade when i first discovered the aweomsness that is SLAYER), :lol:

of course that was like 12-13 years ago, I'm not like that anymore. I promise. :hecho:

Yup, dude we are the same person. I got into Slayer big time in 7th grade and have been one of my favorites since :rocker:

kommie
01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
I laughed at all the idiots who still used LimeWire, Kazaa and all that shit, meanwhile this much more reliable, non virus infested thing called Torrents existed, and still do.

Nater
01-28-2012, 10:35 AM
haha I didn't even listen to Slayer til I was 16. I was one of those kids that thought Drowning Pool, Disturbed, Static X, Slipknot, Coal Chamber were like the heaviest things in the world. Then a kid played Unas, Slayer of the Gods by Nile in music class...God I felt like a dumbass.

Onioner
02-22-2012, 01:23 PM
So Motorhead's pretty much confirmed as the "special guest" for Mayhem.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2012/02/qa_motorheads_lemmy_kilmister.php?page=2

Interviewer: "Do you foresee any Motörhead headlining dates in the U.S. to promote The World Is Ours, Vol. 1?"

Lemmy: "Well, we've got festivals in Europe in the summer and then we do the Mayhem Tour in July with Slipknot. But that'll be a short set, too, then I guess."

elturtleboy
02-22-2012, 01:41 PM

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2012/02/qa_motorheads_lemmy_kilmister.php?page=2

Interviewer: "Do you foresee any Motörhead headlining dates in the U.S. to promote The World Is Ours, Vol. 1?"

Lemmy: "Well, we've got festivals in Europe in the summer and then we do the Mayhem Tour in July with Slipknot. But that'll be a short set, too, then I guess."

Lemmy forgot it was a surprise :lol:

rjturtle9
02-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Lemmy forgot it was a surprise :lol:

Lemmy doesn't give a fuck!

elturtleboy
02-22-2012, 04:59 PM

That's right!

Now I'm officially excited for this. Slayer and Motörhead are probably my 2 all time favorite metal bands. And even tho I didn't like New Anthrax, I'm stoked.

Steev
02-22-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm excited, I like Slipknot/Slayer/Motorhead/Anthrax/As I Lay Dying/High On Fire

This will be a fun show

TonyD
02-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Mayhem fest?
More like Gayhem fest.

masterguy49
02-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Mayhem fest?
More like Gayhem fest.
:lol:
Good one man! Creative!!!

DementedX14
02-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Mayhem fest?
More like Gayhem fest.

http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/48.jpg

slapguitarer
02-22-2012, 05:12 PM

Well that explains why his music is so boring.

brutal_descent
02-22-2012, 05:16 PM

LINCOLN LENDS SLAP A FLAMESHIELD

FLAMESHIELD IS NOT VERY EFFECTIVE

Mayhem fest?
More like Gayhem fest.

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/b/b2/Slowpoke.gif

BloodoftheKings
02-22-2012, 05:18 PM

LINCOLN LENDS SLAP A FLAMESHIELD

FLAMESHIELD IS NOT VERY EFFECTIVE

No flameshield is powerful enough to allow such faggotry. I'll give you the chance to watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV6noHEd6XE) video and take back your statements.

elturtleboy
02-22-2012, 05:21 PM

>thinks Motörhead is Boring
>likes prog/sludge

brutal_descent
02-22-2012, 05:22 PM
>thinks Motörhead is Boring
>likes YOB

FTFY, as much as I do like YOB ;)

slapguitarer
02-22-2012, 05:34 PM
No flameshield is powerful enough to allow such faggotry. I'll give you the chance to watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV6noHEd6XE) video and take back your statements.

:cowsleep:

BloodoftheKings
02-22-2012, 05:35 PM

You are banned from metal. Hand in your membership card and GTFO.

brutal_descent
02-22-2012, 05:36 PM

:dragon:

larvtard
02-22-2012, 06:12 PM

Never (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dfKGPJoIXA&feature=related) enough (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4skR6rqwCuI&feature=related) screamo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCNT2uaEflI&feature=related), my (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mahS6DCwy_U) friend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD__8NEVlEM). :D

brutal_descent
02-22-2012, 06:14 PM

Yeah, because High on Fire is crap. :tp:

TonyD
02-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Next time I see Matt Pike I'll mention that :lol:

On a more serious note, definitely going for Slayer, Anthrax, Motorhead and HOF, girlfriend wants to stay for Slipknot :rolleyes:
Now I'm just hoping HOF gets bumped up at least a few spots for our show.

jd091
02-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Never (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dfKGPJoIXA&feature=related) enough (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4skR6rqwCuI&feature=related) screamo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCNT2uaEflI&feature=related), my (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mahS6DCwy_U) friend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD__8NEVlEM). :D

Hell yeah, man. I need to get more into real skram like that.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Confirmation For Motorhead on Mayhem Fest 2012

xskizzelzx90x
02-22-2012, 09:46 PM

well shit.

DisposableJustice
02-22-2012, 10:38 PM

NICE

Even though I'm seeing them with Megadeth in a week something tells me I won't mind seeing them again in July:rocker:

AnthG
02-24-2012, 08:37 PM

Did you, like, not see this already posted 2 pages ago?

Hey, didn't Lemmy say some not so nice things about Slipknot like 10-12 years ago? Saying how they weren't music, just noise and that they were crap? Now he's opening for them. Total lol.

hellawaits77ny
02-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Hey, didn't Lemmy say some not so nice things about Slipknot like 10-12 years ago? Saying how they weren't music, just noise and that they were crap? Now he's opening for them. Total lol.

That is sorta funny

TonyD
02-24-2012, 11:27 PM

I guess... kinda ironic but history has shown that headlining bands≠better bands.

AnthG
02-25-2012, 08:58 AM
That is true, though in this case Slipknot is a better band than Motorhead.

Yeah, I fucking said it. I don't care. Come at me.

DementedX14
02-25-2012, 09:46 AM

:fist:

BloodoftheKings
02-25-2012, 10:05 AM

phagit

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Did you, like, not see this already posted 2 pages ago?

Why yes, yes I did. It was obviously such a great post I thought it should be posted twice :D

TonyD
02-25-2012, 11:13 AM
If you're 15 and hate everything, sure. If you're 21 and love sex and alcohol, no.

IrritatedTrout
02-25-2012, 12:10 PM
If you're 15 and hate everything, sure. If you're 21 and love sex and alcohol, no.

Best post in this thread yet.

kalfitegrdan
02-25-2012, 12:16 PM

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj9wcnwiYi1qzma4ho1_400.jpg

mastodon421
02-25-2012, 12:25 PM
I like Slipknot and Motorhead the same amount. #Iamthe1%

BloodoftheKings
02-25-2012, 01:35 PM

http://i.imgur.com/CbMq1.png

AnthG
02-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Why yes, yes I did. It was obviously such a great post I thought it should be posted twice :D

Well...shit...

I'm 23. I like sex. Sort of indifferent to alcohol unless it's Jagermeister of Canadian Club.

jhdeity
02-25-2012, 03:35 PM

They're 20 million times better actually. I lost a lot of respect for Lemmy after he ragged on Slipknot in that interview. He came off like a 16 year old girl hating on a prettier girl. That my friend is a phagit as they come...

I said it before and I'll say it again. There are more great songs on Slipknot's 1st cd than Motorheads entire 25 album 3-chord catalog.

Motorhead is by far the most overrated band to ever breathe air...

Magson13
02-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Girls ragging on prettier girls have something in common though... They're both girls. Slipknot is not metal, and Motorhead is. They don't have anything in common.... That'd be like A person telling a dog it's dirty. Lemmy just pointed out the obvious there.

masterguy49
02-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Girls ragging on prettier girls have something in common though... They're both girls. Slipknot is not metal, and Motorhead is. They don't have anything in common.... That'd be like A person telling a dog it's dirty. Lemmy just pointed out the obvious there.

Liking Motorhead more is one thing, but to say Slipknot isn't metal is another.

Also I never got into Motorhead, I understand their legacy, but I just can't get into them.

AnthG
02-25-2012, 04:19 PM

Even if Slipknot isn't metal, your analogy is off. Saying "Slipknot is not metal, and motorhead is" is like saying "the ugly girl was blonde, the prettier girl was brunette, so therefore they don't have anything in common."

Seventhzealot
02-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Why is everyone taking what Lemmy says so seriously again? :confused:

Lemmy had some pretty untoward things to say about Venom too.

AnthG
02-25-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm not taking it seriously really. I just find it funny that he's now opening for them. Which is fine, there's nothing wrong with going on a tour with a band you don't like if it means gaining more exposure, or because you need the money. Or hell, maybe Lemmy's opinion on Slipknot has actually changed since 2000?

TonyD
02-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Well for one thing, you're right about not being able to compare Motorhead to Slipknot. Motorhead's heyday was 30 years ago, and they were pioneers back then. Now, not so much, and they've been rolling out essentially the same music since.
Whether you like Slipknot or not, you have to give them credit for doing their own thing and building a huge dedicated fanbase.
Now it doesn't take rocket science to make either bands music (if it did, I would know ;)), but I don't know where I'm getting at with this anymore. If you like Slipknot or Motorhead, cool. If not, who cares? One band is playing after the other, and we're all going to die either way.

BloodoftheKings
02-25-2012, 04:47 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. There are more great songs on Slipknot's 1st cd than Motorheads entire 25 album 3-chord catalog.

Motorhead is by far the most overrated band to ever breathe air...

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzlxmc07p01rpgjhjo1_500.gif

AnthG
02-25-2012, 05:00 PM
and we're all going to die either way.

Pfft...

elturtleboy
02-25-2012, 05:12 PM

Grow pubes first then talk.

larvtard
02-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Slipknot is not metal, and Motorhead is.

I think you mixed up the two :lol:

AnthG
02-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Grow pubes first then talk.

lol i'm older than you are.

300%_Density
02-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Guess I'm going to take the line on this even though I was avoiding this. How old is Lemmy? How many guys that age would really like Slipknot? He grew up listening to stuff like Little Richard, The Beatles and when rock & roll was in its infancy. He's an old blues/rock & roll guy. If I read an interview where he openly praised them I'd be more surprised. So what if a guy in an older band doesn't like a band you like? Why call his band overrated or take shots @ his band.

Only in Mayhem threads. I'm now in search of the grown up threads else where.

elturtleboy
02-25-2012, 08:20 PM
lol i'm older than you are.

You gotta stop shaving.

treghet
02-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Slipknot is not metal, and Motorhead is.

I think you mixed up the two :lol:

I'm interested in seeing you try to explain why Motorhead is not a metal band.

hellawaits77ny
02-25-2012, 08:58 PM
This thread gives me the chuckles every day :D

AnataFan4Life
02-25-2012, 09:31 PM
We're out of time, we're out of line,
We're all out here waiting for a crime,
We don't mind, we ain't folled,
We're gonna read you the real bad news,
Fire in the hole, bullets in the sky,
We know something and we can't tell a lie,
Gonna run away, gunna run amok,
Gunna run my mouth 'til I run out of luck.

Alright,
Leave me out, give a dog a bone,
Been a long time simce I've been home,
Running over land running over sea,
Get on the dog and talk dirty to me,
Running up a street, running up a hill,
Hotel telephone running up a bill,
Chase my tail, catch me if you can,
Don't wanna mess with the Runaround Man.

We're out of cokes, clean out of smokes,
It's not funny 'cos we run out of jokes,
Going to the movies, babes in the wood,
Gonna get a telescope, look real good,
Gonna run out, rolling like a rock,
Gonna get a girl and she gonna get me off,
Gonna be a man, gonna be a fool,
Gonna be a dog with a mouthful of booze.

Oh yeah,
Gonna be free, run away to the sea,
Gonna be a pirate you'll never find me,
Going over sea, going over land,
Get made up like the Elephant Man,
Stand in line, waiting for a break,
Live in California waiting for a quake,
Chase my tail, catch me if you can,
Don't you mess around with the Runaround Man.

We're in a hole, we're in a fix,
Give the dog a bone and throw me a stick,
Don't be a bitch, singing the blues,
Don't like the shirt and we don't like the shoes,
Gonna walk out, gonna walk away,
Gonna walk the dog honey every other day,
Gonna be strong, stand your ground,
Gonna be funny when they send in the clowns,

Hey hey,
Give me a clue, show me a trick,
Go to Brazil and see what you missed,
Getting too close getting too near,
Don't even know what I'm doing out here,
Going too fast never gonna stop,
Know how to roll and we know how to rock,
Chase my tail do the best you can,
You can't mess with the Runaround Man.

larvtard
02-26-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm interested in seeing you try to explain why Motorhead is not a metal band.

I'll admit I may have made a mistake there. But their sound is like AC/DC playing classic/speed metal.

Let's put it this way. Both Iron Maiden and Autopsy are metal bands. But I consider Autopsy more of a metal band than Maiden. Same with Slipknot and Motorhead, I guess.

GarageMetal468
02-26-2012, 09:34 AM
I'll admit I may have made a mistake there. But their sound is like AC/DC playing classic/speed metal.

Let's put it this way. Both Iron Maiden and Autopsy are metal bands. But I consider Autopsy more of a metal band than Maiden. Same with Slipknot and Motorhead, I guess.

Correction: Autopsy is more EXTREME than Maiden. And comparing Motorhead to AC/DC? I don't believe Motorhead's songs all sound the same.

IrritatedTrout
02-26-2012, 09:40 AM
I love Motorhead but I always think of them as hard rock too. Doesn't take anything away from them, they're still fucking great.

larvtard
02-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Correction: Autopsy is more EXTREME than Maiden.
And comparing Motorhead to AC/DC? I don't believe Motorhead's songs all sound the same.

1) Yeah, I know, but I generally equate 'more extreme' with 'more metal.' I'm not saying that's valid, though, because it's definitely not.
2) Lol, that's not what I was saying... I was saying that Motorhead's sound is classic/speed metal meets AC/DC.

jhdeity
02-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Correction: Autopsy is more EXTREME than Maiden. And comparing Motorhead to AC/DC? I don't believe Motorhead's songs all sound the same.

Really? if I were on a stranded island and had my choice of AC/DC - Powerage or Motorheads entire colelction I'd pick Powerage every time.

I rarely hate on bands but I don't get all this constant love for Motorhead. They have 20 terrible songs for every 1 good song to me. Bon Scott AC/DC on the other hand has 20 great songs for every bad one.

I often wonder if Motorhead never wrote Ace of Spades of they would receive all the praise and accolades they do. While it's not my favorite Motorhead song it's definitely the song most people know them by.

I guess it doesn't help that I looked forward to seeing them live for years and they were boring as all hell to me that day. All bands have bad days but they had the crowd for 3 songs tops. The rest of the time people were just standing there while they went through the motions. Maybe my expectations were too high...

slapguitarer
02-26-2012, 11:27 AM

:eyes:

anomynous
02-26-2012, 11:49 AM
lulz, saying that one band's songs all the sound the same while the other's don't when arguing about AC/DC & Motorhead.

BloodoftheKings
02-26-2012, 01:01 PM
:eyes:

lulz, saying that one band's songs all the sound the same while the other's don't when arguing about AC/DC & Motorhead.

Off the top of my head here's 3 Motorhead songs that sound completely different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpqPR2Tv5Sc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqFoqtpUFY8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb3zSgxMuug

masterguy49
02-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Off the top of my head here's 3 Motorhead songs that sound completely different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpqPR2Tv5Sc

Is it bad that I prefer Sepultura's version of that song by far?

IrritatedTrout
02-26-2012, 01:18 PM
3 great songs. If We Are The Road Crew doesn't kick your ass then you're a lost cause.

hellawaits77ny
02-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Personally, I'm pretty indifferent on Motorhead. There are plenty of bands I'd rather see, and plenty of bands I'd rather NOT see.

stylesclash516
02-26-2012, 09:20 PM
This line-up is the 2 extremes for me, I really like Slayer and High On Fire but I absolutely can't stand Asking Alexandria and The Devil Wears Prada. Between the emo kids there to see Slipknot, the drunken Slayer fans, and the scene kids there to see Asking Alexandria I am going to be completely out of my element.

AnthG
02-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Meh, wouldn't really classify Slipknot fans as emo kids.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-27-2012, 02:31 PM
For me the pros outweight the cons:

Slipknot - Like
Slayer - Love
Motorhead - Like

Asking Alexandria -NO
TDWP - NO
AILD - Indifferent

Anthrax - Love. Playing through the main stage band is an added bonus :)
Whitechapel - Like
High On Fire - Like

Go see HoF, Whitechapel... take a break... go see Anthrax... arrive at main stage in time for Motorhead to kick off!!! That is a good concert imo.

Steev
02-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Slipknot-Love
Slayer-Love
Motorhead-Like
Anthrax-Love
As I Lay Dying-Love
Asking Alexandria-Not a fan but decent live
The Devil Wears Prada-Like a handful of songs(newer stuff)
High On Fire-Like
Whitechapel-Like some of their stuff

dcmetal108
02-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Slipknot-Love
Slayer-Love
Motorhead-Love
Anthrax-Love
As I Lay Dying-Like
Asking Alexandria-Decent but good live
The Devil Wears Prada-Love
High On Fire-Like
Whitechapel-Love

kalfitegrdan
02-28-2012, 05:08 AM
Slipknot- Fuck 'em, but hey, I was fifteen once. I'll watch 'em for nostalgia's sake.

Slayer - :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker: (I can't stress this enough.)

Motorhead - Love

Anthrax - Absolutely love. One of the best live bands that I've ever seen.

Asking Alexandria - Like 'em, but could do without all that whiny clean singing.

TDWP - Absolutely not.

As I Lay Dying - Indifferent

High on Fire - Love

Whitechapel - Love (Come at me), but after the shitty show they put on at Summer Slaughter last year, I'm not too excited for them.

coltongsmith
02-28-2012, 05:16 AM
Slipknot-Love
Slayer-Love
Motorhead-Like
Anthrax-Love
As I Lay Dying-Love most recent cd
Asking Alexandria-NO
The Devil Wears Prada-Like a handful of songs(newer stuff)
High On Fire-Don't like
Whitechapel-Like older stuff, eh on new stuff

I've seen all these bands except motorhead so nothing really new just like seeing them again

brutal_descent
02-28-2012, 05:20 AM
Not that I'm even going, but:

Slipknot - Have seen them twice already.
Slayer - Have seen them once, seeing them twice in June.
Motorhead - Seeing them at Graspop.
Anthrax - Seeing them in March.
As I Lay Dying - Decent core band, not enough to get me to go.
Asking Alexandria - Kill it with fire.
The Devil Wears Prada - One good EP isn't enough for me to go either.
High on Fire - Love, and hope to see them in the Bay sometime.
Whitechapel - Saw them at Summer Slaughter last summer, decent live.

HOF is the only band I desperately need to see on the line-up, and since I stay in SF every summer, I'm bound to see them at some point.

coltongsmith
02-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Not that I'm even going, but:

Asking Alexandria - Kill it with fire.

:party: hilarious

DementedX14
02-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Slipknot-:lovedup:
Slayer-:blaze:
Motorhead-:fingers:
Anthrax-:hecho:
As I Lay Dying-:horns:
Asking Alexandria-:barf:
The Devil Wears Prada-:bigfinger
High On Fire-:dorky:
Whitechapel-:boxer:

woodfin
02-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Slipknot-Leaves me breathless! Amazing! :flame:
Slayer-maybe my favorite band. Stole Yankee Stadium show! :rocker::rocker:
Motorhead-Amusing...great energy...just some ol' R&R :party:
Anthrax-Love :blaze:
As I Lay Dying-Brutal! :horns:
Asking Alexandria-eh...need a dinner break anyway :hecho:
The Devil Wears Prada-JESUS CHRIST! GO AWAY! :finger2::eek:
High On Fire-Don't know ... will give 'em a try
Whitechapel-In your fucking face! :mad:

mastodon421
02-28-2012, 10:23 AM
I'll join the cult

Slipknot-Good band, amazing live. Can't wait to see them for the first time since Mayhem 08.

Slayer-One of my faves, also an incredible live band

Motorhead-Good band, never seen them before

Anthrax-Great band, stoked to see them for the first time

As I Lay Dying-Another one of my faves and yet again, an amazing live band.

The Devil Wears Prada-Decent, but definitely not a huge fan. Saw them once and they were also decent live.

Asking Alexandria-Fuck this band so much. Worst band in all of metal imo.

Whitechapel-Pretty good band. Seen them 4 times and their live show is all over the place in terms of quality. Hopefully they are good as they were at Summer Slaughter last year (easily the best performance I've seen from them)

High On Fire-Once again, another one of my favorite bands. Completely stoked to finally see them.

DisposableJustice
02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Yay I love to conform!

Slipknot- Looking forward to seeing them for the 1st time, was going to see them in 2009 but they canceled Colorado Springs because of Joey hurting his ankle.

Slayer- No question the best band on the bill, have seen them 2 times love them hopefully Jeff is back in full force

Motorhead- Seeing them for the first time tonight, sure I will enjoy them

Anthrax- Missed them at Big 4 CA, should be fun

As I Lay Dying- Heard a few songs from them, need to brush up on them

TDWP- Have not heard of them, will check them out on youtube

Asking Alexandira-Seems like everyone on this board hates them so I will see what the fuss is about

Whitechapel- no experience

High on Fire- Dittoe

Guess I have some research to do between now and July

masterguy49
02-28-2012, 02:02 PM
I love conforming!

Slipknot- Band that got me into metal, first concert in Mayhem 08. They mean a lot to be nostalgically. Great live too! It'll be a blast.

Slayer- In my top 3 favorite bands of all time, one of my favorites live too. Killed it both times I've seen them.

Motorhead- Not the biggest fan, but I respect them and would enjoy seeing them.

Anthrax- Love their old stuff and enjoy their new album. Amazing live, happy to see them for a third time.

As I Lay Dying- Really enjoy these guys, they killed it live when I saw them last year, expecting no difference.

The Devil Wears Prada- Really like the Zombie EP and new album, they have energy live and surprised me at Warped last year. Definitely will be watching them.

Asking Alexandria- 8=======D

Whitechapel- I seem to enjoy these guys live outdoors more than indoors, so I'm sure they will be good.

High On Fire- Great, great band. Can't wait to see them for the first time and see Matt Pike not wear a shirt (if he wears a shirt I will demand a refund).

elturtleboy
02-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Slipknot - not my thing.
Slayer -:rocker:
Motörhead- :rocker:
Asking Analcaca- gayballs
The Devil Wears Caca- gayballs
AsI lay Crying - gayballs
Anthrax -:rocker:
White Shithole- gayballs
High On Fire- Not my thing.

rjturtle9
02-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Slipknot - not my thing.
Slayer -:rocker:
Motörhead- :rocker:
Asking Analcaca- gayballs
The Devil Wears Caca- gayballs
AsI lay Crying - gayballs
Anthrax -:rocker:
White Shithole- gayballs
High On Fire- Not my thing.

Slipknot will be a pretty cool show, and High on Fire are pretty sick. Lets just pregame out in the parking lot like always!

elturtleboy
02-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Slipknot will be a pretty cool show, and High on Fire are pretty sick. Lets just pregame out in the parking lot like always!

Ill take cokes n chips. $10 lemonade is lame.

TiradesOfTruth
02-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Might as well join in on this.

Slipknot- Looking forward too see them. Haven't seen them since their last tour with Paul. Always a fun show.

Slayer- What else can I say except FUCKING SLAYER!

Motorhead- Haven't seen Lemmy &co. since Metal Masters tour so excited to see them again.

AILD- Pretty fucking amped to finally see AILD.

TDWP- Fuck them. But I hear they have an alright show so I'll check them out.

Asking Alexandria- Why did Mayhem get the worst band I have ever listened too? I don't know but I will check out merch and eat during their set.

Whitechapel- Can't wait to see Whitechapel again. After they kinda blew at Summer Slaughter I hope they redeem themselves.

High On Fire- Hell Fucking Yes I didn't see them ever being on Mayhem but good snag and can't wait.

Steev
03-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Big news this Monday about Sumerian Records and Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival... Rumor has it that Asking Alexandria will not be the only Sumerian band along for the ride this Summer......................... ;)

so, another stage?

street_burial
03-01-2012, 07:15 PM
fuck it why not.

Slipknot- not so keen on them anymore but look forward to the show.

Slayer- I fucking love slayer. 'nuff said

Motorhead- Could be good.

As I Lay Dying- love them and look forward to seeing them again.

The Devil Wears Prada- used to like them. Look forward to watching them.

Asking Alexandria- I'm going to shit in my hand and throw it at Danny Worsnop

Whitechapel- 4th time seeing them. Hopefully they're better this time than they were on Summer Slaughter

High On Fire- Not big on them but should be cool to watch.

slapguitarer
03-01-2012, 07:16 PM
so, another stage?

That'd be cool if that didn't entail more Sumerican bands :hecho:

If they can get just one other band I really like, I'd probably get some lawn tickets. Anthrax and High on Fire ain't enough for me.

GarageMetal468
03-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Slipknot - Nah
Slayer - Hell yes.
Motörhead- Still need to see them!
Asking Alexandria - One of the main reasons I'd be going. It's going to be entertaining and awesome seeing the reactions of the die hard Slayer fans there.
The Devil Wears Prada - lol no.
As I Lay Dying - I actually like them and they put on a good live show
Anthrax - see Motorhead
Whitechapel - Ugh
High On Fire - Haven't even listened to them before

dcmetal108
03-01-2012, 07:42 PM
I mean AA is good enough live but just SOOO out of place here.

At least with TDWP they've matured so much musically that they are heavy enough to belong.

Steev
03-01-2012, 07:47 PM
I love how after Sumerian posted another band was playing you started to see the idiots keep claiming it's bands that are already booked for Warped or Summer Slaughter

BloodoftheKings
03-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Most likely not going but I'll do this anyway.

Slipknot - gayballs
Slayer - It's fucking Slayer
Motörhead- It's fucking Motorhead
Asking Alexandria - cancer
The Devil Wears Prada - garbage
As I Lay Dying - mediocre
Anthrax - It's fucking Anthrax.
Whitechapel - shit
High On Fire - Cool beans.

Steev
03-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I mean AA is good enough live but just SOOO out of place here.

At least with TDWP they've matured so much musically that they are heavy enough to belong.

AA is tolerable, and truthfully every year at Mayhem I miss atleast one band anyway just from walking around

and TDWP interests me, never liked their old stuff but the new record is ok

slapguitarer
03-01-2012, 08:22 PM
They added a date in Kansas, so any hope for an Slayer/Motorhead offdate that Manks may have had has been shattered.

anomynous
03-01-2012, 08:28 PM
High On Fire - Haven't even listened to them before

This needs to be fixed

mankvill
03-01-2012, 08:52 PM
They added a date in Kansas, so any hope for an Slayer/Motorhead offdate that Manks may have had has been shattered.

Fuck. Seriously? God damnit. I don't want to go to this stupid shitty festival. Sigh. I mean. I guess I could probably do it. The good outweighs the bad here. Slayer won't be nearly as good as they were with Megadeth and Testament. High on Fire will probably have their sound fucked up and get booed by faggots waiting for Whitechapel. Pretty much the one song I want to see Slipknot do is the last song of their set, so I'd have to sit through all of it.

Bleurgh.

slapguitarer
03-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Fuck. Seriously? God damnit. I don't want to go to this stupid shitty festival. Sigh. I mean. I guess I could probably do it. The good outweighs the bad here. Slayer won't be nearly as good as they were with Megadeth and Testament. High on Fire will probably have their sound fucked up and get booed by faggots waiting for Whitechapel. Pretty much the one song I want to see Slipknot do is the last song of their set, so I'd have to sit through all of it.

Bleurgh.

I wouldn't worry much about HoF getting a bad response. Red Fang got a good response at my date, and HoF is a lot more metal so I think they'll get some love. And I'm sure the premadrunk people will make things fun. Don't think that you'll be one of six people enjoying them just because they're not a core band. People are at Mayhem Fest to have a good time, and so most will do just that.

OraclesofAgony
03-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Slipknot - Their live show is fun, not gonna lie.
Slayer - SLAYER!
Motörhead- Will finally get to see them :D
Asking Alexandria - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIMrFpnfvyI
The Devil Wears Prada - :barf:
As I Lay Dying - No Thanks
Anthrax - Will be awesome like in January
Whitechapel - Beer time
High On Fire - Sweetness

300%_Density
03-01-2012, 09:41 PM

Bleurgh.

I hope I don't embarrass myself ninja fighting during Whitechapel & throwing shit @ HOF... Did I just say that?

Fuck that shit. I'm actually excited. I haven't seen HOF since they were @ Beaumont w/ Opeth in '08. Fuck Whitechapel. You are excited bc that's 8 hours of hanging out w/ yours truly. You are down playing your feelings. Lol

@ slapguitar - you don't know the amount of morons in KC. If Slipknot is involved the kids in maggot shirts will be everywhere.

rjturtle9
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM

Bleurgh.

>big metal show finally comes to Kansas, featuring Slayer, Anthrax, High on Fire
>Mankvill still bitches

300%_Density
03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
>big metal show finally comes to Kansas, featuring Slayer, Anthrax, High on Fire
>Mankvill still bitches

>Skeletonwitch headlines and plays 2 hour set
>Manky: "Fuck Skeletonwitch didn't play 3 hours....."

mankvill
03-01-2012, 10:09 PM
>Mankvill still bitches

>implying Slayer and Anthrax don't come here all the time
>implying there still wouldn't be Asking Alexandria and Whitechapel along with their faggot fans
>implying High On Fire should even be on this fest
>implying you're not gay

And Ryan, I'll go just to hang with you. :D

elturtleboy
03-01-2012, 10:57 PM
And Ryan, I'll go just to hang with you. :D

And there we have it folks, after months of hating on this fest, Manky sells out and goes to Mayhem.

rjturtle9
03-01-2012, 10:58 PM
>implying Slayer and Anthrax don't come here all the time
>implying there still wouldn't be Asking Alexandria and Whitechapel along with their faggot fans
>implying High On Fire should even be on this fest
>implying you're not gay

>says faggot and calls me gay
>totally mad bro

Slayer and Anthrax play here all the time too and I'm still excited about this. And this is coming from a spoiled Californian.

300%_Density
03-01-2012, 11:08 PM
And there we have it folks, after months of hating on this fest, Manky sells out and goes to Mayhem.

And I will have the pics of him ninja fighting w/ kids in Whitechapel shirts...just everyone wait... :cool:

elturtleboy
03-01-2012, 11:11 PM
And I will have the pics of him ninja fighting w/ kids in Whitechapel shirts...just everyone wait... :cool:

This is metalsetlists history. I can't stop grinning :D

TonyD
03-01-2012, 11:52 PM
I was way more musically discriminating as a teenager, and I've always had thoughts of getting violent with fans of the "other" bands at shows with severely mismatched lineups, but I might seriously have to start punching scene kids in the face when High On Fire comes around.

mastodon421
03-02-2012, 04:56 AM
Seeing scene kids reactions to High on Fire is probably going to be one of the best parts of the whole day:lol: