PDA

View Full Version : Official Mayhem Fest Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

XDoomsayerX
11-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Pathetic how recycled this tour is and it's only on its 6th round. Plus the damn prices keep rising, 1st one had $10 lawn seats!

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Not only same old bands, same bands that your together!!! I am glad I decided to skip out on the LoG tour now :D Mayhem has recycled the Manson/Slayer tour and now the LoG/InF/H8breed tour.

When comparing this tour to Ozzfest, it is not much of a contest. Ozzfest broke out lots of bands to them masses, from the core bands to the swedish bands to Dimmu Borgir to Nu Metal. They had almost every major act tour their festival.

Mayhem is using the same 6 bands to headline it seems like and the same 6 b level bands to play the main stage or headline/rotate on the small stage. And the only new band they have helped out is 5FDP.

I'm really inclined to agree with Manks now. Unless they get some new headline acts. Deftones would be great, Rob Zombie not so much.

gilpdawg
11-06-2012, 01:23 AM
I think it's stupid for people wanting bands from 2 years ago. Personally, I think it should be at least 3 years for band to repeat on the Fest. It's the biggest touring metal festival and there is only so many bands that can be in the top 2 spots. They have done a pretty good job of stopping a shitload of repeats happening year after year and I'm sure they will continue that while they still can.
Well, you have to be realistic. This is a shed tour, so they have to at least have a couple of big names that can fill sheds. There just aren't that many of those bands out there...and some of them are too big for something like this, like Metallica would never play Mayhem. Maiden would never play Mayhem. There's only, like, 20 or so bands that realistically can headline this thing, and of those 20 you have to find 2 or 3 willing to do it at a given time. Hard to do.

Steev
11-06-2012, 05:11 AM
Well, you have to be realistic. This is a shed tour, so they have to at least have a couple of big names that can fill sheds. There just aren't that many of those bands out there...and some of them are too big for something like this, like Metallica would never play Mayhem. Maiden would never play Mayhem. There's only, like, 20 or so bands that realistically can headline this thing, and of those 20 you have to find 2 or 3 willing to do it at a given time. Hard to do.

this, and meanwhile names like Anthrax, Motorhead, Megadeth, etc who arent big enough to headline get a crack

previous years had a decent mix of new bands and established names on the side stages(I mean from year one who had bills loaded with bands that had already been around awhile-Ozzfest could afford newer bands because they always had Ozzy and one or two other arena names so they could pad the lineup with virtually anyone) they do need to drop the Sumerian stage though

Steev
11-06-2012, 05:14 AM
I for one am glad In Flames is coming back(since they missed a good portion of 2011), but now let's look at bands that could do Mayhem that haven't(or atleast haven't done the whole tour):
Testament, Prong, Exodus, Arch Enemy, Soilwork, Children of Bodom, Devildriver, Municipal Waste, Periphery, The Faceless, Bury Your Dead, Dillinger Escape Plan, Black Tusk, Thy Will Be Done, The Acacia Strain, Battlecross, Converge, Skeletonwitch, Revocation, A Life Once Lost, Dirge Within, Crowbar, Darkest Hour

I mean there's just a handful, and notice none could headline a shed festival

Xenocide
11-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Repeats, Simba.

Repeats everywhere.

mastodon421
11-06-2012, 07:22 AM
I understand In Flames coming back this soon since they only played about 12 shows on Mayhem 11. They should bring back High on Fire this year too since they had to drop off. Otherwise, I don't get it. I mean I don't even really have a problem with the other repeats since it's been at least 3 years since they played, but the same pairings (I mean I enjoyed myself at Mayhem 10, but I don't want three of the same major bands again all in the same year. Spread the wealth!) I think they are making a huge mistake if they don't book Killswitch Engage this year. It's been four year since they did it and the return of Jesse would a huge ticketsale booster. A Rob Zombie/Deftones/Killswitch main stage with Testament/Miss May I( like it or not, they are big enough to headline a sidestage)/ and In Flames or another band like Overkill, All That Remains, Parkway Drive, or maybe even The Sword rotating slots and the return of two legit side stages would sell tickets.

W0unds
11-06-2012, 07:35 AM
I understand In Flames coming back this soon since they only played about 12 shows on Mayhem 11. They should bring back High on Fire this year too since they had to drop off. Otherwise, I don't get it. I mean I don't even really have a problem with the other repeats since it's been at least 3 years since they played, but the same pairings (I mean I enjoyed myself at Mayhem 10, but I don't want three of the same major bands again all in the same year. Spread the wealth!) I think they are making a huge mistake if they don't book Killswitch Engage this year. It's been four year since they did it and the return of Jesse would a huge ticketsale booster. A Rob Zombie/Deftones/Killswitch main stage with Testament/Miss May I( like it or not, they are big enough to headline a sidestage)/ and In Flames or another band like Overkill, All That Remains, Parkway Drive, or maybe even The Sword rotating slots and the return of two legit side stages would sell tickets.

I agree, KSE are overdue for a return to Mayhem. I still think Deftones are better suited for Uproar and would rather see Lamb of God in that main stage spot.

imanidiot777
11-06-2012, 08:02 AM
I for one am glad In Flames is coming back(since they missed a good portion of 2011), but now let's look at bands that could do Mayhem that haven't(or atleast haven't done the whole tour):
Testament, Prong, Exodus, Arch Enemy, Soilwork, Children of Bodom, Devildriver, Municipal Waste, Periphery, The Faceless, Bury Your Dead, Dillinger Escape Plan, Black Tusk, Thy Will Be Done, The Acacia Strain, Battlecross, Converge, Skeletonwitch, Revocation, A Life Once Lost, Dirge Within, Crowbar, Darkest Hour

I mean there's just a handful, and notice none could headline a shed festival

DOWN!!! And let's not forget some folk metal or symphonic metal bands too. Plenty of those. Lets get all the styles in.

kommie
11-06-2012, 08:03 AM
The big difference between this tour and Ozzfest is that Ozzy alone can sell Ozzfest tickets. Lamb of God were co-headliners in 2007 on Ozzfest, not that they can really sell Amphitheaters, but because people went to Ozzfest mainly for Ozzy, some people even show up late just for Ozzy. I'm sure the Mayhem people are crying that they can no longer get Disturbed. People here said the year they had that short Ozzfest(2010), more people were at those than at the Mayhem's at the same venue.

dcmetal108
11-06-2012, 08:09 AM
The big difference between this tour and Ozzfest is that Ozzy alone can sell Ozzfest tickets. Lamb of God were co-headliners in 2007 on Ozzfest, not that they can really sell Amphitheaters, but because people went to Ozzfest mainly for Ozzy, some people even show up late just for Ozzy. I'm sure the Mayhem people are crying that they can no longer get Disturbed. People here said the year they had that short Ozzfest(2010), more people were at those than at the Mayhem's at the same venue.

That Ozzfest also had Crue on it though he can sell amphitheaters out

Steev
11-06-2012, 08:16 AM

That Ozzfest also had Crue on it though he can sell amphitheaters out

Fact is you need multiple names to fill places, this years Uproar did well because it had Godsmack/Shinedown/Staind to move tickets. Its just a fact these tours are gonna have repeats unless other bands start selling more tickets on their own.

W0unds
11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
I know a while back there was speculation about Avenged Sevenfold being on main stage - it seemed to make a lot of sense as they are quite popular and not a repeat (two guest dates don't count). Did someone confirm they aren't being considered any more or did they announce Euro dates or something?

Xenocide
11-06-2012, 09:06 AM
To the best of my knowledge they're still in the running. Makes sense to me.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-06-2012, 11:07 AM
To the best of my knowledge they're still in the running. Makes sense to me.

The only talks of headliners I have heard is that Deftones were offered a spot on Mayhem Fest and that Roadrunner Records were trying to get Zombie on a high profile tour like Mayhem/Uproar to promote his new album. Its very possible that 2 other bands will headline. I think A7X, Korn, 5FDP, Alice In Chains were likely in the running too. It shouldn't be long until there is info leaked about who the headliners are.

It should be noted that Kevin Lyman said the dates/cities will be revealed in early December which sounds like there won't be a presale this year. That makes me think that they don't want presale buyers bitching after the line up is announced which means there are probably a bunch of repeat bands this year.

NickLed19
11-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Korn, Zombie, LoG, and Hatebreed again. Jesus.

RampinUp46
11-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Heard a rumor today that A7X could be headlining the side stage (like Anthrax this year).

...I'm calling BS, but it's still a rumor.

Xenocide
11-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah that's a load of shit.

dcmetal108
11-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Heard a rumor today that A7X could be headlining the side stage (like Anthrax this year).

...I'm calling BS, but it's still a rumor.

It's bullshit. As cool as that would be to see that (even though I'm the only one here that would like that) A7X is big enough to headline the fest so them on side stage wouldn't happen.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Heard some more Mayhem Fest 2013 rumors. I'm not sure how legit this is but thought I would pass it along. I am hearing that Nuclear Blast Records will be hosting the small stage (like Sumerian did in 2012) and that Exodus, Fleshgod Apocalypse & Sylosis will be three of the bands to play that stage. This is not confirmed but a rumor.

dcmetal108
11-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Heard some more Mayhem Fest 2013 rumors. I'm not sure how legit this is but thought I would pass it along. I am hearing that Nuclear Blast Records will be hosting the small stage (like Sumerian did in 2012) and that Exodus, Fleshgod Apocalypse & Sylosis will be three of the bands to play that stage. This is not confirmed but a rumor.

I find that hard to believe. Not only does Nuclear Blast not have a huge hand mainstream in the states but for most of the Mayhem crowd none of those bands are big draws. I'd be safe to say that most of the 15 year olds there have never heard of Exodus or Fleshgod.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-11-2012, 07:13 PM
You may be right but some record label will likely take the place of Sumerian Records on next years fest & since this was the first rumor I heard about it I thought I would throw it on here for everyone to discuss.

Onioner
11-11-2012, 08:04 PM
If Slayer wants to go to Europe with Gary Holt, I doubt Exodus will play Mayhem. I guess it's possible that they could get Rick Hunolt to fill in again, but I really doubt that he can take another full summer off from work or whatever takes up his time these days.

TonyD
11-11-2012, 09:31 PM
How long has Jeff been out of Slayer now? Kind of ridiculous for how serious his condition must be that the rest of the band seems to be brushing it off and touring/writing like they would be otherwise.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-11-2012, 09:50 PM
If Slayer wants to go to Europe with Gary Holt, I doubt Exodus will play Mayhem. I guess it's possible that they could get Rick Hunolt to fill in again, but I really doubt that he can take another full summer off from work or whatever takes up his time these days.

I'd venture to guess that Hanneman is playing with Slayer again by this Spring. He played a few songs with them last summer so its easy to ASSume he probably has recovered even further.

rjturtle9
11-11-2012, 10:49 PM
I find that hard to believe. Not only does Nuclear Blast not have a huge hand mainstream in the states but for most of the Mayhem crowd none of those bands are big draws. I'd be safe to say that most of the 15 year olds there have never heard of Exodus or Fleshgod.

The small stage they had this year featured bands that I have never heard of and their crowds were small as hell. I could totally see Nuclear Blast doing it this year.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-12-2012, 12:40 AM
The small stage they had this year featured bands that I have never heard of and their crowds were small as hell. I could totally see Nuclear Blast doing it this year.

I think if a larger record label had their own stage at Mayhem Fest that it would be better than the Sumerian Stage. Nuclear Blast or even a label like Century Media would likely have a stage that would be significantly better, probably like the smaller jager stage that was used a few years ago.

gilpdawg
11-12-2012, 12:42 AM
I'd venture to guess that Hanneman is playing with Slayer again by this Spring. He played a few songs with them last summer so its easy to ASSume he probably has recovered even further.
I wouldn't be shocked if Holt replaced Hanneman permanently. The silence out of the Slayer camp is telling.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-12-2012, 01:33 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if Holt replaced Hanneman permanently. The silence out of the Slayer camp is telling.

They really have nothing going on but recording a new album which will be all Kerry since he records everything but Hanneman's solos. Hopefully Hanneman makes a speedy recovery & is back soon.

kalfitegrdan
11-12-2012, 01:57 AM

I dunno. Fleshgod acquired quite a few younger/scene kid fans from doing Summer Slaughter tour. When I saw them with Decapitated, the pit was full of high school kids. Touring with All Shall Perish/Carnifex also had to increase their notoriety with the young people.

dcmetal108
11-12-2012, 03:13 AM
I don't care what bands they put on a second stage but this time make it a STAGE! Not a tent because then if your not first row you see nothing.

mastodon421
11-12-2012, 04:39 AM
I don't care what bands they put on a second stage but this time make it a STAGE! Not a tent because then if your not first row you see nothing.

I'm with you on this one. They need a legit second stage again that doesn't overlap with the Jager Stage. Even though I didn't give a shit about any of the bands on the Sumerian stage last year, I felt kind of slighted not seeing as many bands last year than I did in previous years.

Steev
11-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Id love to see Exodus on Mayhem(hell tent or not Id be there), and I think Bodom is on now that they bailed on Tuska

Bengals279
11-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Children of Bodom still have date on july 13 in Germany, so they would have to miss part of mayhem.

brutal_descent
11-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Children of Bodom still have date on july 13 in Germany, so they would have to miss part of mayhem.

Or maybe it's just that they haven't cancelled it yet.

Bengals279
11-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Or maybe it's just that they haven't cancelled it yet.

I hope your right, but why wouldnt they cancel them at the same time?

brutal_descent
11-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I hope your right, but why wouldnt they cancel them at the same time?

The excerpt from the Tuska announcement did mention it was one of several festival appearances that were to be cancelled.

Bengals279
11-12-2012, 11:15 AM
The excerpt from the Tuska announcement did mention it was one of several festival appearances that were to be cancelled.

I hope your right. And if you are right then mayhem will have
lamb of god
hatebreed
miss may i
cannibal corpse
in flames
and hopefully children of bodom

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I hope your right. And if you are right then mayhem will have
lamb of god
hatebreed
miss may i
cannibal corpse
in flames
and hopefully children of bodom

Bodom would be great for Mayhem & makes sense if the Nuclear Blast stage is true. I heard Suicide Silence, who recently signed with Nuclear Blast, were likely to play Mayhem Fest until their vocalist passed away. Maybe this is the replacement? Either Mayhem Fest or Summer Slaughter...

Xenocide
11-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Uhhh.... I'm pretty sure Bodom is on Summer Slaughter. The SS facebook page posted about them a month or so back.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Uhhh.... I'm pretty sure Bodom is on Summer Slaughter. The SS facebook page posted about them a month or so back.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were BUT why did Bodom plan those festival appearances? Why didn't they cancel them a month ago when the Summer Slaughter page mentioned them? If Nuclear Blast has a deal for a stage on Mayhem Fest it would be wise to showcase Bodom there instead of Summer Slaughter imo. Time will tell. If they are on SS I think its humorous that they used the word 'Big' US tour haha.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-12-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm at the Hatebreed/LoG concert. I asked a member of Hatebreed about playing Mayhem Fest & he told me they were likely going to play the Vans Warped tour instead.

dcmetal108
11-12-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm at the Hatebreed/LoG concert. I asked a member of Hatebreed about playing Mayhem Fest & he told me they were likely going to play the Vans Warped tour instead.

Seriously? Hatebreed on Warped Tour. Odd.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Seriously? Hatebreed on Warped Tour. Odd.

Unless they are BSing me. They said the tour organizers are trying to avoid repeat bands for this year.

Bengals279
11-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Unless they are BSing me. They said the tour organizers are trying to avoid repeat bands for this year.

You seem like you know alot of people in the music industry so they probably arent bsing you

slapguitarer
11-12-2012, 07:28 PM
>yfw Hatebreed played Warped Tour in '98 or something

dcmetal108
11-12-2012, 07:36 PM
>yfw Hatebreed played Warped Tour in '98 or something

Warped Tour was a WHOLE different tour back then though.

Ommie
11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Hatebreed on Warped Tour is kinda strange but I ain't complaining. There have been weirder additions (*cough*Six Feet Under*cough*).

BRAman22
11-12-2012, 07:43 PM
They said the tour organizers are trying to avoid repeat bands for this year.

Given many of the current rumors, I find that hard to believe...

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Given many of the current rumors, I find that hard to believe...

Lets say Hatebreed doesn't play. What if LoG doesn't either?

A7X or Zombie (1 repeat aint bad)
Deftones
In Flames (they only played a handful of shows in 2011 so they dont count imo)
Miss May I
Chelsea Grin

Nuclear Blast bands...

If some of those bands play it could be alot less repeats.

gilpdawg
11-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Judging from what I've seen lately a lot of younger people are getting into old thrash as of late. I think you'd be surprised.

gilpdawg
11-12-2012, 11:12 PM
The hell?

detuned
11-13-2012, 04:39 AM
I'd be safe to say that most of the 15 year olds there have never heard of Exodus or Fleshgod.
thats precisely the point

Nater
11-13-2012, 05:58 AM
I like the idea of having a band like Exodus on a small side stage. It's gonna get people who havn't really heard them to hear them and people who have to really see them up close in a club style enviorment without the club. It will be good for the band and people going.

slapguitarer
11-13-2012, 09:36 AM
thats precisely the point

Yeah man. In my opinion, there's no point in just putting bands people know on these kind of festivals. Yeah, you gotta have well known bands to sell, but the promoters should want to help out smaller bands that they see potential in. And Mayhem Fest has helped out a few bands, so there's no reason to rule out smaller bands because tons of people don't know 'em.

AnataFan4Life
11-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Yeah man. In my opinion, there's no point in just putting bands people know on these kind of festivals. Yeah, you gotta have well known bands to sell, but the promoters should want to help out smaller bands that they see potential in. And Mayhem Fest has helped out a few bands, so there's no reason to rule out smaller bands because tons of people don't know 'em.

Exactly. For example, look what Summer Slaughter has done for bands like Fleshgod Apocalypse and Exhumed (especially Fleshgod). Smaller bands need these festivals in order to expose themselves to a larger audience. I think a Nuclear Blast tent would be an excellent idea (not to mention the selection of bands are WAY fucking better that the bands at the Sumerian tent this year.)

mastodon421
11-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Hatebreed on Warped Tour is going to really confuse the scene kids.

detuned
11-13-2012, 09:50 AM
lol @ the idea that small bands and label tents are on the tour simply because mayhem wants to help expose them

Chris_M_S
11-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Sumerian spent a tremendous amount of money to have that dedicated stage this year. I can't see any other label having the budget for something like that.

mankvill
11-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Exactly. For example, look what Summer Slaughter has done for bands like Fleshgod Apocalypse and Exhumed (especially Fleshgod).

http://i46.tinypic.com/f20o3p.png you do realize that exhumed was an established band prior to last year, right?

AnataFan4Life
11-13-2012, 10:20 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/f20o3p.png you do realize that exhumed was an established band prior to last year, right?

Yeah, i'm just saying that they got exposure to people who don't usually listen to that type of music. I didn't even think they would play a tour like Summer Slaughter before this year. Maybe Cerebral Bore would have been a better example of what I was talking about.

Ommie
11-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Hatebreed on Warped Tour is going to really confuse the scene kids.At least it would break up the monotony of kids in skin-tight jeans doing ninja moves.

slapguitarer
11-15-2012, 05:11 PM
So, Kevin Lyman was giving a presentation at Drexel University, where my friend goes, and posted this on another forum I post on.

"Kevin Lyman just confirmed rob zombie for next year. Didn't give many details, but says they are revamping the tour a bit, with a greater focus on weekend shows, and says it'll definitely be dark and heavy. Says if you like metal it'll be a heavy show. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything else"

So the only real info is Rob Zombie. Dark and heavy means a lot of different things to a lot of different people, so I'll just hope he doesn't mean more -core.

mastodon421
11-15-2012, 06:01 PM
So, Kevin Lyman was giving a presentation at Drexel University, where my friend goes, and posted this on another forum I post on.

"Kevin Lyman just confirmed rob zombie for next year. Didn't give many details, but says they are revamping the tour a bit, with a greater focus on weekend shows, and says it'll definitely be dark and heavy. Says if you like metal it'll be a heavy show. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything else"

So the only real info is Rob Zombie. Dark and heavy means a lot of different things to a lot of different people, so I'll just hope he doesn't mean more -core.

I'll take it. Hopefully there isn't a wad of repeats from the 2010 lineup. So as of right now we know that Rob Zombie and Miss May I are on it.

slapguitarer
11-15-2012, 06:08 PM
In Flames too, I think.

dcmetal108
11-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Watain playing Mayhem since Century Media signing them would make sense it they were going towards dark and heavy and Century Media always has a band on there.

Bengals279
11-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Go to their website and put your mouse over the tab. Another fucking month......

W0unds
11-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Watain playing Mayhem since Century Media signing them would make sense it they were going towards dark and heavy and Century Media always has a band on there.

That would be interesting, I don't think they have had a true black metal band on Mayhem before.

Northern_Shaman
11-15-2012, 07:07 PM

I'm not sure that I can picture Watain actually doing this.

MPF
11-15-2012, 07:45 PM
I just wanted to throw this out there since I just got back from Interviewing Ryan from Miss May I.

I asked him, off camera, about Mayhem Festival. He said they have yet to be asked on it.....in fact no band has been asked yet to be on Mayhem festival. The message saying that those bands were offered the spot is false. They wanna be on it, but nothing has been confirmed at all, and was told they will not know till January.

Sorry guys, besides the possible Century Media/Nuclear Blast side stage, or whatever it is, NOTHING is official.

treghet
11-15-2012, 11:26 PM

You're out of your mind if you think Watain would play this tour.

dcmetal108
11-16-2012, 03:54 AM
You're out of your mind if you think Watain would play this tour.

I'm just throwing it out there. They want dark and heavy and Century Media wants a band on there. They could play the same spot Behemoth played in 2009. Wouldn't be that too far fetched.

treghet
11-16-2012, 04:31 AM
I'm just throwing it out there. They want dark and heavy and Century Media wants a band on there. They could play the same spot Behemoth played in 2009. Wouldn't be that too far fetched.

Behemoth has a more mainstream appeal, Watain does not. And if by some chance Watain was offered a spot on this tour, what makes you think they would even take it? They're an extremely image conscious band and there's no way they would want to be associated with this.

Xenocide
11-16-2012, 06:14 AM
Sumerian spent a tremendous amount of money to have that dedicated stage this year. I can't see any other label having the budget for something like that.

They should have shelled out a little more money and rented a real stage.

CreptorStatus
11-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Behemoth has a more mainstream appeal, Watain does not. And if by some chance Watain was offered a spot on this tour, what makes you think they would even take it? They're an extremely image conscious band and there's no way they would want to be associated with this.

You mean the Watain which got nominated and won a Swedish Grammy for best Hard Rock performance and actually attended to receive the award?

So tr00 and kvlt of them.

I'm sure they would jump on this tour if they got offered it.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-16-2012, 11:32 AM
This has to hurt Lamb Of God as far securing a spot on a major summer tour:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=182384

anomynous
11-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Did anybody not expect him to go to trial?

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Did anybody not expect him to go to trial?

It was possible he might not. My point is it looks like they really have a long & time consuming legal legal process in that country. It will probably be next summer before went the official verdict.

brutal_descent
11-16-2012, 12:28 PM
lol @ anyone who thinks that Watain would ever play Mayhem Festival.

AnataFan4Life
11-16-2012, 12:32 PM
The only black metal band that stands a remote chance of playing Mayhem Fest is Dimmu Borgir.

mastodon421
11-16-2012, 12:37 PM
The only black metal band that stands a remote chance of playing Mayhem Fest is Dimmu Borgir.

Or Cradle of Filth. Watain being on Mayhem is legitimately the most ridiculous band suggestion I've ever heard.

CreptorStatus
11-16-2012, 12:37 PM
lol @ anyone who thinks that Watain would ever play Mayhem Festival.

Who knows.. they just signed a deal with Century Media lawl

RampinUp46
11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Or Cradle of Filth. Watain being on Mayhem is legitimately the most ridiculous band suggestion I've ever heard.

I dunno, I once suggested Opeth and Eyehategod...in hindsight, what the fuck was I thinking?

brutal_descent
11-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Who knows.. they just signed a deal with Century Media lawl

Second person today who's said this. It's fucking stupid to think that, considering that Aborted, Asphyx, Voivod, Morgoth, Napalm Death, Grave, Massacre, Krisiun, Nachtmystium, Triptykon as well as Vallenfyre are signed to it. A handful of terrible core bands doesn't make it a bad label.

moobys37
11-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Second person today who's said this. It's fucking stupid to think that, considering that Asphyx, Voivod, Morgoth, Napalm Death, Grave, Massacre, Krisiun, Nachtmystium, Triptykon as well as Vallenfyre are signed to it. A handful of terrible core bands doesn't make it a bad label.

Fixed

mastodon421
11-16-2012, 01:09 PM
I dunno, I once suggested Opeth and Eyehategod...in hindsight, what the fuck was I thinking?

Opeth isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. Unlikely yes, but I wouldn't completely rule them out of doing in the future. Eyehategod on the other hand....

mankvill
11-16-2012, 01:44 PM
you guys are silly. "dark and heavy" according to kevin lyman/mayhem fest fans means God Forbid and Sevendust.

NickLed19
11-16-2012, 02:26 PM
you guys are silly. "dark and heavy" according to kevin lyman/mayhem fest fans means God Forbid and Sevendust.

LOL he is probly right.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-16-2012, 10:46 PM

:party:

makethemsuffer12
11-17-2012, 12:12 AM

lawl cuz black people

Ommie
11-17-2012, 03:05 PM
lawl cuz black peopleWow I didn't even realize that at first... that's pretty goddamn funny. :tongue:

kalfitegrdan
11-18-2012, 05:53 PM
moar liek GAYhem fest right?

dcmetal108
11-18-2012, 06:03 PM
moar liek GAYhem fest right?

omg ur lke soooo rite!

kommie
11-18-2012, 06:17 PM
ReapeatFest.

RampinUp46
11-24-2012, 12:26 AM
ReapeatFest.

Five bucks says Donkey Punch is on this shit again.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-24-2012, 10:52 AM

Five bucks says Donkey Punch is on this shit again.

It wouldn't surprise me. They are the one band Mayhem Fest has had that started out as unknowns & grew to coheadliner status.

It looks like In Flames just announced several Euro festival dates that coincide with when Mayhem usually runs. Looks alot less likely they will play.

XDoomsayerX
11-24-2012, 09:44 PM
OMG Mayhem Fest!

Seriously though yeah 5FDP headlining wouldnt surprise me. Any actual bands confirmed yet?

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-24-2012, 10:07 PM
OMG Mayhem Fest!

Seriously though yeah 5FDP headlining wouldnt surprise me. Any actual bands confirmed yet?

Rob Zombie

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-26-2012, 11:35 AM
With the Testament tour skipping alot of the normal cities most bands play on their first headline tour for a new album, it makes me wonder if they have a bigger tour line up for later next year? They have played a few one offs in place of bands on Mayhem Fest before & with the success of their last album it wouldn't be a surprise to see Testament play Mayhem Fest 2013 imo.

mastodon421
11-26-2012, 12:29 PM
I met Alex and Rob from Sylosis last night at the Lamb of God show and they confirmed that they will back here next year more than likely on a festival package. It could end up being nothing, but I'm pretty sure they are on Mayhem Fest. I hope they are, The exposure would be awesome for them.

AnataFan4Life
11-26-2012, 12:34 PM
I met Alex and Rob from Sylosis last night at the Lamb of God show and they confirmed that they will back here next year more than likely on a festival package. It could end up being nothing, but I'm pretty sure they are on Mayhem Fest. I hope they are, The exposure would be awesome for them.

That Nuclear Blast stage is starting to sound more likely now.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
That Nuclear Blast stage is starting to sound more likely now.

It sure does:

Testament
Children Of Bodom (If they aren't on Summer Slaughter)
Exodus
Cradle Of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Graveyard
Sylosis

The possibilities of making a good, diverse stage of metal could be endless if there is a Nuclear Blast stage imo.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Dates/Cities will be announced December 21st.

Steev
11-29-2012, 05:55 AM
It sure does:

Testament
Children Of Bodom (If they aren't on Summer Slaughter)
Exodus
Cradle Of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Graveyard
Sylosis

The possibilities of making a good, diverse stage of metal could be endless if there is a Nuclear Blast stage imo.

That would rule hard, not sure if DB and COF have every done the US together, bit would definitely be "darker and heavier"

dcmetal108
11-29-2012, 07:44 AM
If that stage was too then Nuclear Blast better make it a actual stage and not a fucking tent that only ten people would be able to see.

Metal_Head
11-29-2012, 08:44 AM
I saw Kevin Lyman speak at UMass Amherst last night about his experiences with Warped, Mayhem, etc. When talking about Mayhem, he said he likes to use the fest to help smaller bands develop. He then proceeded to say that he was "proud to say that one of the co-headliners in 2013 was opening on the side stages in 2008." I think it's safe to say that Five Finger Death Punch is locked in as a co-headliner, sadly.

AnthG
11-29-2012, 08:51 AM
For all we know, it could be Airbourne, Walls of Jericho, Suicide Silence, Black Tide, the Red Chord, or 36 Crazyfists...

...Yeah, it's gonna be FFDP...

AnataFan4Life
11-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Fan fucking tastic.

Steev
11-29-2012, 09:30 AM
I saw Kevin Lyman speak at UMass Amherst last night about his experiences with Warped, Mayhem, etc. When talking about Mayhem, he said he likes to use the fest to help smaller bands develop. He then proceeded to say that he was "proud to say that one of the co-headliners in 2013 was opening on the side stages in 2008." I think it's safe to say that Five Finger Death Punch is locked in as a co-headliner, sadly.

Well seeing how the only other side stage opener to get bigger was Suicide Silence

Steev
11-29-2012, 09:31 AM
For all we know, it could be Airbourne, Walls of Jericho, Suicide Silence, Black Tide, the Red Chord, or 36 Crazyfists...

I lol'd at least

Hey I'm more than ok with Zombie/FFDP on main if this Nuclear Blast stage happens

dcmetal108
11-29-2012, 09:51 AM
God why won't FFDP fade away.

It would be cool if they got Airbourne back on Mayhem. Their amazing live.

AnthG
11-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I love ACDC too.

Steev
11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
2 other thoughts

1) Coal Chamber-doing Europe early in the summer and could be a surprise
2) I still think Avenged Sevenfold is possible, namely because I don't see them doing Uproar again and a Zombie/A7X/5FDP main stage would sell a ton of tickets(and allow more underground side stage acts)

dcmetal108
11-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I love ACDC too.

I don't care for ACDC really but enjoy Airbourne sometimes. Liked them more live than on record.

300%_Density
11-29-2012, 10:45 AM
2 other thoughts

1) Coal Chamber-doing Europe early in the summer and could be a surprise
2) I still think Avenged Sevenfold is possible, namely because I don't see them doing Uproar again and a Zombie/A7X/5FDP main stage would sell a ton of tickets(and allow more underground side stage acts)

Coal Chamber might not be a bad thought. What better way to get their name back out again than being on a tour that I think would be perfect for them. I don't know what Devildriver's summer schedule looks like so maybe or maybe not this would work.

RampinUp46
11-29-2012, 10:51 AM
I think it's safe to say that Five Finger Death Punch is locked in as a co-headliner, sadly.

:bouville:

mastodon421
11-29-2012, 10:57 AM

:lol: Hopefully the rest of the lineup is better, FFDP's presence isn't enough to stop me from going (Depending on the rest of the lineup of course).

rjturtle9
11-29-2012, 11:02 AM
So, what happened to Lamb of God?!

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-29-2012, 11:02 AM
If thats true (probably is, it makes sense) we definitely won't see LoG on 2012. I guess Deftones or Megadeth are likely to play the 3rd slot down, maybe KsE?

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-29-2012, 11:03 AM
So, what happened to Lamb of God?!

I would say the uncertainty of Randy's freedom has put a halt to their summer touring plans until that is resolved.

detuned
11-29-2012, 11:22 AM

excuse me, please link wolvie's facebook when you use his info. thanks.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-29-2012, 11:42 AM
excuse me, please link wolvie's facebook when you use his info. thanks.

Still following me around, crushing on me? Cute. Your post is more proof that girls will resort to anything to get a guys attention these days... damn you'll be pissed when daddy doesn't send you a valentines day card.

IrritatedTrout
11-29-2012, 11:44 AM
:lol: @ thread

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Little did I know that by creating this thread I would have a cyberstalker following me around in this forum & on facebook. Thats pretty creepy.

dcmetal108
11-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I really hope KSE get the spot on main stage over Megadeth and Deftones. Not a huge fan of Megadeth or Deftones plus KSE could really prosper from being on main stage. Better yet have them headline second stage!

300%_Density
11-29-2012, 01:38 PM
I really hope KSE get the spot on main stage over Megadeth and Deftones. Not a huge fan of Megadeth or Deftones plus KSE could really prosper from being on main stage. Better yet have them headline second stage!

I really don't see any plausible way that Megadeth or Deftones would play a sidestage at Mayhem.

mastodon421
11-29-2012, 01:40 PM
I really don't see any plausible way that Megadeth or Deftones would play a sidestage at Mayhem.

I believe he meant Killswitch, but even them headlining a sidestage is pushing it.

Steev
11-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Coal Chamber might not be a bad thought. What better way to get their name back out again than being on a tour that I think would be perfect for them. I don't know what Devildriver's summer schedule looks like so maybe or maybe not this would work.

I'm assuming DD is taking the summer off, they are working on a new record in like Jan. Dez has committed to doing some CC shows at festivals so its always a thought.

300%_Density
11-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I believe he meant Killswitch, but even them headlining a sidestage is pushing it.

Oh. I just read that again. I see your point now.

detuned
11-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Little did I know that by creating this thread I would have a cyberstalker following me around in this forum & on facebook. Thats pretty creepy.

...he says as he continues to have tomcouture.com in his signature, the website he dug up and posted as an attempt to out my identity. which isnt even me. and im the creepy one?

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-29-2012, 02:25 PM
...he says as he continues to have tomcouture.com in his signature, the website he dug up and posted as an attempt to out my identity. which isnt even me. and im the creepy one?

Not even my signature is safe from being stalked.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-29-2012, 03:04 PM
HellYeah posted on their facebook about if fans wanted them to play Mayhem Fest. If they are on it this is definitely the start to what looks like the worst set of bigger named acts to be on the festival at the same time.

AnataFan4Life
11-29-2012, 03:17 PM
If that is a sign of what bands we will be getting this year, then i'll pass.

IrritatedTrout
11-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Wait, Megadeth is confirmed?

dcmetal108
11-29-2012, 04:20 PM
HellYeah posted on their facebook about if fans wanted them to play Mayhem Fest. If they are on it this is definitely the start to what looks like the worst set of bigger named acts to be on the festival at the same time.

:(

I have to see Hellyeah again tomorrow night. I mean they aren't horrible live but even playing at Uproar the one year they were out of place and didn't have a great reception. At Mayhem it'd be horrible.

MPF
11-29-2012, 04:38 PM
I really do hope Somerset, WI will be added to the tour dates. Since they are allowing Metal festivals again and Knotfest went very well. They should be able to pull off Mayhem Festival no problem.

Skyline Chili Buoy
11-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Still following me around, crushing on me? Cute. Your post is more proof that girls will resort to anything to get a guys attention these days... damn you'll be pissed when daddy doesn't send you a valentines day card.

I do follow you on twitter because I know once you've posted something, generally there is good discussion about the topic. If you are going to scoop tidbits of information from here, why are you not giving appropriate attribution on your Facebook? Instead you ask for people to cite you as the source of information. It's not as though the poster who mentioned the new information is a top secret source.

Either way, a weaker lineup than last year certainly, but not as bad as Korn/Zombie or Disturbed/Godsmack. Depending on the ancillary bands, I'll probably still attend.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-29-2012, 10:41 PM
I do follow you on twitter because I know once you've posted something, generally there is good discussion about the topic. If you are going to scoop tidbits of information from here, why are you not giving appropriate attribution on your Facebook? Instead you ask for people to cite you as the source of information. It's not as though the poster who mentioned the new information is a top secret source.

If anyone from here wants recognition for anything they have posted all they have to do is let me know. Basically the info posted here was vague to a certain extent. Did I take it and run with it? Yeah. Sort of like several sites have done with some of my news (such as the Hatebreed/Shadows Fall tour for example) and I have done it back.

And as for Detuned, if you want the tomcouture.com thing removed, just ask me. I'll remove it if it is that big of a deal to you. If not it will stay. Quit stalking my posts trying stir up trouble with me. If you don't like me, my posts, etc use the ignore poster feature on the site. If not I will fire right back at ya :D

NickLed19
11-30-2012, 01:33 AM
This years lineup is looking like it will be shit.

Steev
11-30-2012, 04:42 AM
I'm still waiting to see what happens, last year I guessed 3 of the bands, but that was it. Maybe the site will fuck up and release the bands like it did in 2011.

AnthG
11-30-2012, 06:53 AM
I don't care for ACDC really but enjoy Airbourne sometimes. Liked them more live than on record.

Did my joke just go over your head? Did you get it and ignored it? Was it just not funny to begin with? Goddamn, I have to rethink everything now.

Xenocide
11-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Don't worry, I lol'd

Honestly this lineup is looking like balls

detuned
11-30-2012, 07:15 AM
And as for Detuned, if you want the tomcouture.com thing removed, just ask me. I'll remove it if it is that big of a deal to you. If not it will stay. Quit stalking my posts trying stir up trouble with me.

why would it be a big deal to me, when i am not tom couture? if you want to promote a random photographers work in your signature, go right ahead. creep.

you do realize positioning yourself as a public figure and "source" for information, constantly mongering for followers and likes (stalkers!), results in people actually seeing the things you say and post right?

if you werent so comically predictable, i wouldnt even bother to look at your page.

kommie
11-30-2012, 08:39 AM
why would it be a big deal to me, when i am not tom couture? if you want to promote a random photographers work in your signature, go right ahead. creep.

you do realize positioning yourself as a public figure and "source" for information, constantly mongering for followers and likes (stalkers!), results in people actually seeing the things you say and post right?

if you werent so comically predictable, i wouldnt even bother to look at your page.

Magson13?

detuned
11-30-2012, 08:58 AM
yes, because not only do i manage two identities named tom, i also have a third one to troll with

forgot that dude existed though, whatever happened to him

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-30-2012, 09:59 AM

Because everything posted there is hilarious, right? You've just got your panties in a wad and are hellbent at taking any cheapshot to try to make me look bad. Only jealous/insecure people or attention whores do shit like that. Carry on my wayward girl.

detuned
11-30-2012, 10:11 AM
you do a pretty good job at making yourself look bad without my help. do tell me exactly what im jealous of.

RampinUp46
11-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Don't worry, I lol'd

Honestly this lineup is looking like balls

This.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-30-2012, 10:23 AM
you do a pretty good job at making yourself look bad without my help. do tell me exactly what im jealous of.

I don't know but you constantly follow my posts and try to instigate. You are like a little school girl with a crush the way you constantly poke at me for attention. If I was really as lame as you claim you would think that you would leave me alone & act as if I didn't exist. Instead you can't keep away from my posts here or on facebook. Even after Hot Turkey Ed has said to quit you still persist...

EvilCheeseWedge
11-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Chill out dudes.

Detuned, this a warning. Don't be a dick - it's against the law. (http://www.metalsetlists.com/announcement.php?f=17&a=33)

Woleverine, don't keep the arguments going. If there's a problem, please message a mod.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
One a related note a guy who posts on my facebook page messages me to say he interviewed a member of Cannibal Corpse and they stated the rumor of them being on Mayhem Fest 2013 is not true and they will not be on it.

AnataFan4Life
11-30-2012, 10:55 AM
One a related note a guy who posts on my facebook page messages me to say he interviewed a member of Cannibal Corpse and they stated the rumor of them being on Mayhem Fest 2013 is not true and they will not be on it.

And my chances of going drop even further

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-30-2012, 11:26 AM
And my chances of going drop even further

There is still some possibility that this could have some decent bands on it but my hope is fading. I'm not sure if 5FDP & HellYeah are worth sitting through for Zombie & possibly 20 minute sets from some Nuclear Blast bands.

treghet
11-30-2012, 11:30 AM
There is still some possibility that this could have some decent bands on it but my hope is fading. I'm not sure if 5FDP & HellYeah are worth sitting through for Zombie & possibly 20 minute sets from some Nuclear Blast bands.

I don't think he was implying that Cannibal Corpse isn't a decent band. What's lame is that they would play a 30-40 minute set of songs you could have heard on any of their numerous recent tours. Not to mention they would be yet another repeat band.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-30-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't think he was implying that Cannibal Corpse isn't a decent band. What's lame is that they would play a 30-40 minute set of songs you could have heard on any of their numerous recent tours. Not to mention they would be yet another repeat band.

Lol I wasn't implying that he was implying CC was not a good band. I agree with the rest of your post.

Mayhem Fest will have some repeat bands from time to time but if they let HellYeah play instead of the better Pantera side project Down that is a travesty imo.

AnataFan4Life
11-30-2012, 11:52 AM
I do hope that CC have something planned for next year

Steev
11-30-2012, 12:30 PM
So a venue in allentown has a show booked by Sumerian Records for "Headbang to the Highway"(which last year gave locals bands a spot on Sumerian's stage at Mayhem). This year the competition is for a spot on either Summer Slaughter or All Stars.

Seems like this means Sumerian will not be involved like they were last year. Reaaaally hoping for that Nuclear Blast stage if that's the case.

gilpdawg
11-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Well that's good, since Sumerian has the worst collection of bands ever on a "metal" label.

Skyline Chili Buoy
11-30-2012, 02:00 PM
This is a little off topic, but related in some way and I don't want to start another thread regarding a corporatized metal package, but does anyone have any idea on when Ozzfest information might come to pass?

anomynous
11-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Well that's good, since Sumerian has the worst collection of bands ever on a "metal" label.

Bullshit.

Victory & Rise are way worse

Xenocide
11-30-2012, 03:38 PM
My hopes for Mayhem are pretty much absent right now.

If Ozzfest USA doesn't pull through I'm gonna be pissed. Summer Slaughter isn't enough for a whole summer...

dcmetal108
11-30-2012, 03:57 PM

Bullshit. Sumerian actually has one of the best next to the bigger labels.

gilpdawg
11-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Bullshit. Sumerian actually has one of the best next to the bigger labels.
Sure, if you think DEP and Periphery are the only bands on the label. The rest of the label is a bunch of shitty deathcore, unless I'm forgetting someone, but if you can tell me some bands on there that I may have missed I have an open mind. I'll check em out.

dcmetal108
11-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Sure, if you think DEP and Periphery are the only bands on the label. The rest of the label is a bunch of shitty deathcore, unless I'm forgetting someone, but if you can tell me some bands on there that I may have missed I have an open mind. I'll check em out.

I enjoy a lot of the shitty deathcore people hate though so there are quite a lot of my favorite bands on there.

anomynous
11-30-2012, 10:48 PM
IWABO & Shits of Plague are not on Sumerian.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-30-2012, 11:38 PM
This is a little off topic, but related in some way and I don't want to start another thread regarding a corporatized metal package, but does anyone have any idea on when Ozzfest information might come to pass?

In 2010 info wasn't released until around late April/early May. Back in its heyday the info for Ozzfest was released by Thanksgiving some years and after the new year some years.

brutal_descent
11-30-2012, 11:51 PM

>Animals as Leaders
>The Faceless
>After the Burial
>Born of Osiris
>Stick to Your Guns
>Veil of Maya
>Structures
>Stray From the Path
>TRAM
>The HAARP Machine

gilpdawg
12-01-2012, 12:47 AM
>Animals as Leaders
>The Faceless
>After the Burial
>Born of Osiris
>Stick to Your Guns
>Veil of Maya
>Structures
>Stray From the Path
>TRAM
>The HAARP Machine
I'll give you Animals as Leaders. I haven't heard Stick to Your Guns, Structures, Stray From the path, TRAM, or HAARP Machine, but I have heard The Faceless, BoO, and After the Burial and they aren't my cup of tea. Of course, I'm an old school guy. I fully admit that I just don't get deathcore. At all. Of course, people who were my age now in back in the day were probably like, "Overkill? Fuck that shit!" So I get it. I'm an old out of touch fart. And I'm cool with that.

brutal_descent
12-01-2012, 12:58 AM
I'll give you Animals as Leaders. I haven't heard Stick to Your Guns, Structures, Stray From the path, TRAM, or HAARP Machine, but I have heard The Faceless, BoO, and After the Burial and they aren't my cup of tea. Of course, I'm an old school guy. I fully admit that I just don't get deathcore. At all. Of course, people who were my age now in back in the day were probably like, "Overkill? Fuck that shit!" So I get it. I'm an old out of touch fart. And I'm cool with that.

Well, I'm surprised to hear you dig Periphery. That's a first for old out-of-touch farts :horns:

Summer Slaughter isn't enough for a whole summer...

Good thing there are tours aside from Mayhem, Summer Slaughter and Ozzfest, right? :tp:

gilpdawg
12-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Well, I'm surprised to hear you dig Periphery. That's a first for old out-of-touch farts :horns:

Eh, they're kind of prog. I'm a sucker for that shit.

And I'm not THAT old. ;)

brutal_descent
12-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Eh, they're kind of prog. I'm a sucker for that shit.

And I'm not THAT old. ;)

Do you know Ne Obliviscaris?

slapguitarer
12-01-2012, 02:40 AM
>Animals as Leaders
>The Faceless
>After the Burial
>Born of Osiris
>Stick to Your Guns
>Veil of Maya
>Structures
>Stray From the Path
>TRAM
>The HAARP Machine

All those bands suck

umad.jpg

mastodon421
12-01-2012, 04:39 AM
All those bands suck

umad.jpg

>implying The Faceless, After the Burial, Animals as Leaders, Born of Osiris, The HAARP Machine, and T.R.A.M suck

ucrazy.jpg

mankvill
12-01-2012, 04:45 AM
aw yeah bros i love djent and technical deathcore

AnataFan4Life
12-01-2012, 05:06 AM
You guys forgot about Enfold Darkness :hmm:

makethemsuffer12
12-01-2012, 07:19 AM
>Animals as Leaders

Not on Sumerian.

mastodon421
12-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Not on Sumerian.

That's true they're not. Regardless Sumerian still has a solid amount of good bands on their roster.

slapguitarer
12-01-2012, 09:58 AM
>implying The Faceless, After the Burial, Animals as Leaders, Born of Osiris, The HAARP Machine, and T.R.A.M suck

ucrazy.jpg

Nah man, those bands are dumb progcore/djentcore wank shit.

mastodon421
12-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Nah man, those bands are dumb progcore/djentcore wank shit.

It's cool that you don't like them (I happen to, but that's not clearly a problem), but if you think The Faceless, Animals as Leaders, and The HAARP Machine are "prog or djentcore" you are completely off your fucking rocker (Especially on the first two).

slapguitarer
12-01-2012, 10:32 AM
It's cool that you don't like them (I happen to, but that's not clearly a problem), but if you think The Faceless, Animals as Leaders, and The HAARP Machine are "prog or djentcore" you are completely off your fucking rocker (Especially on the first two).

I'd agree AAL could be seen as a little more, but they're music isn't much different the rest of the lots. It's a little more atmospheric, but that's it. The wank and djent-like chug is super present. HAARP are typical djentcore. Faceless, not much core really, but still dumb wank prog like. Frankly, I'm just falling out of love with the "progressive" metal. It's so uninspired and trendy.

Steev
12-01-2012, 10:58 AM
It should be mention COB are currently on Spinefarm Records, so they would not be on the rumored Nuclear Blast stage

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-01-2012, 11:38 AM
It should be mention COB are currently on Spinefarm Records, so they would not be on the rumored Nuclear Blast stage

Their website & facebook say Nuclear Blast, with the website having Nuclear Blast USA for contact info: http://www.cobhc.com/site.php?id=info

EDIT: Last summer CoB signed a worldwide deal with Nuclear Blast: http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/signings/children-of-bodom-sign-with-nuclear-blast

Steev
12-01-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm just gonna throw a random prediction out.

Main Stage:
Rob Zombie
Five Finger Death Punch
Deftones

Rotating Bands:
Testament
Hellyeah
All That Remains

Jagermeister Stage:
Lamb of God (OR) Killswitch Engage
Periphery
Revocation

Nuclear Blast Stage:
Dimmu Borgir (OR) Meshuggah
Exodus
Soilwork
Sylosis

Mostly wishful thinking, but it'd sell

anomynous
12-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Um, LoG & KSE would both be mainstage bands

Steev
12-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Um, LoG & KSE would both be mainstage bands

I had it as one or the other, and once again look at Knotfest this year where LOG headlined the side stage

dcmetal108
12-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Why is Hellyeah on that prediction list let alone on mainstage? haha

Sylosis would be awesome on Mayhem. Saw them last night with LOG and those guys fucking crush live.

Steev
12-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Why is Hellyeah on that prediction list let alone on mainstage? haha

Sylosis would be awesome on Mayhem. Saw them last night with LOG and those guys fucking crush live.

I would LOVE to see Sylosis again, I just realized I had a few songs on my Ipod

As for Hellyeah, they sell tickets, thus always a possibility for Mayhem

anomynous
12-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I had it as one or the other, and once again look at Knotfest this year where LOG headlined the side stage

But both of them have headlined for Mayhem

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 01:03 AM
I updated the first page. Included some tour routing info I acquired.

TonyD
12-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Somebody completely unrelated to this site told me that they heard through a friend of a friend that it's gonna be System and Rammstein, with Hatebreed headlining the second stage.

stylesclash516
12-03-2012, 02:52 AM
Somebody completely unrelated to this site told me that they heard through a friend of a friend that it's gonna be System and Rammstein, with Hatebreed headlining the second stage.

Rammstein is not happening (and most likely never will) because their 2013 European tour runs the whole month of July.

treghet
12-03-2012, 02:59 AM

Are you sure?? I heard from this guy at the gas station that Black Sabbath is on it.

dcmetal108
12-03-2012, 03:46 AM
Are you sure?? I heard from this guy at the gas station that Black Sabbath is on it.

No my source that is a cashier at a Toys R Us said Sabbath is opening the side stage with the headliner being Pantera with a virtual Dimebag.

Steev
12-03-2012, 05:06 AM
A stage with Testament/Exodus/Sylosis would be very awesome

kalfitegrdan
12-03-2012, 05:23 AM
No my source that is a cashier at a Toys R Us said Sabbath is opening the side stage with the headliner being Pantera with a virtual Dimebag.

You sure, man? My mom's mailman's son told me that they were actually going to try to use the Necronomicon to resurrect Dimebag and that Pantera would actually be the one headlining the side stage.

anomynous
12-03-2012, 05:55 AM
lol if St. Louis gets fucked out of Mayhem Fest too

AnthG
12-03-2012, 08:59 AM
You sure, man? My mom's mailman's son told me that they were actually going to try to use the Necronomicon to resurrect Dimebag and that Pantera would actually be the one headlining the side stage.

Looks like Pantera decided to shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

moobys37
12-03-2012, 09:10 AM
I heard from the Salvation Army bell ringer outside my office I'm playing Mayhem next year.

brutal_descent
12-03-2012, 09:15 AM
I heard from the Salvation Army bell ringer outside my office I'm playing Mayhem next year.

I guess he didn't hear that I'm replacing you. Sorry, drone doesn't sell.

treghet
12-03-2012, 09:17 AM
I guess he didn't hear that I'm replacing you. Sorry, drone doesn't sell.

Didn't you get my email? They cancelled you and my cat is taking your slot.

brutal_descent
12-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Didn't you get my email? They cancelled you and my cat is taking your slot.

A worthy replacement.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
12-03-2012, 09:37 AM
A worthy replacement.

I'm gonna have to disagree. I mean, have you heard the latest album? It's a bunch of overproduced crap. Clearly Cat has gotten away from what made him such a brilliant artist in the first place.

mankvill
12-03-2012, 09:46 AM
JOKES ALL UP ON THIS THREAD

AnataFan4Life
12-03-2012, 09:48 AM
My left nut will be a special guest on some of the dates.

treghet
12-03-2012, 09:50 AM
JOKES ALL UP ON THIS THREAD

The thread was a joke to begin with.

kommie
12-03-2012, 09:57 AM
The thread was a joke to begin with.

This tour is a joke to begin with.

BloodoftheKings
12-03-2012, 10:08 AM
I read on the bathroom wall in McDonalds that Limp Bizkit is headlining.

kommie
12-03-2012, 10:11 AM
I read on the bathroom wall in McDonalds that Limp Bizkit is headlining.

Since this is Mayhem I'd believe it.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Since this is Mayhem I'd believe it.

Since they are letting 5FDP headline they might as well give Bizkit a spot too. There needs to be some awesome bands added or this will be the worst tour yet. 5FDP & HellYeah are awful imo. If you are going to signa Pantera related project at least sign on the best one - Down.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
12-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Since they are letting 5FDP headline they might as well give Bizkit a spot too. There needs to be some awesome bands added or this will be the worst tour yet. 5FDP & HellYeah are awful imo. If you are going to signa Pantera related project at least sign on the best one - Down.

Wait, seriously? Isn't Zombie tapped to headline? I feel like they're making decisions they KNOW Mayhem fans will hate.

mastodon421
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Alright you guys are all wrong. My dad once smoked weed with Kevin Lyman in the 80's and he told me that they are reanimating Kevin DuBrow and Quiet Riot will be covering Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish and The Hot Dog Flavored Water in it's entirety this year.

AnataFan4Life
12-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Alright you guys are all wrong. My dad once smoked weed with Kevin Lyman in the 80's and he told me that they are reanimating Kevin DuBrow and Quiet Riot will be covering Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish and The Hot Dog Flavored Water in it's entirety this year.

But...but...my nuts are already covering their entire discography! I've been decieved :flame:

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Wait, seriously? Isn't Zombie tapped to headline? I feel like they're making decisions they KNOW Mayhem fans will hate.

Lol Zombie/5FDP are rumored to headline.

slapguitarer
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
My alphabet soup spelled out that all the bands that Metallica covered on the Garage Inc album are going to perform just the song Metallica covered in between set up in times for the side stages. They'll have their own tent, to be sponsored by Hot Topic

dcmetal108
12-03-2012, 01:49 PM
I just heard from Lars' bathroom attendant that that Metallica will be the only band on main stage doing nothing but Lulu material. Mastodon will be opening side stage doing nothing but st. anger covers and the rest of the fest will be Lou Reed doing poetry.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 01:51 PM
I just heard from Lars' bathroom attendant that that Metallica will be the only band on main stage doing nothing but Lulu material. Mastodon will be opening side stage doing nothing but st. anger covers and the rest of the fest will be Lou Reed doing poetry.

I actually think that Slayer, Anthrax, Mastodon thing next summer will blow Mayhem Festival away, especially with 5FDP and HellNo on it.

Xenocide
12-03-2012, 02:01 PM
WHAT SLAYER/ANTHRAX/MASTODON THING?!?!?!

dcmetal108
12-03-2012, 02:28 PM

This.

anomynous
12-03-2012, 02:45 PM

This.

THESE

AnthG
12-03-2012, 05:40 PM

Dude, people who don't use MetalSetlists and MetalSucks fucking LOVE Five Finger Death Punch. While people here would hate it, I don't think the typical Mayhem fan will mind. At all. Same with HellYeah. The mere fact that Vinnie Paul is in the band basically guarantees them a good crowd reaction.

Steev
12-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Dude, people who don't use MetalSetlists and MetalSucks fucking LOVE Five Finger Death Punch. While people here would hate it, I don't think the typical Mayhem fan will mind. At all. Same with HellYeah. The mere fact that Vinnie Paul is in the band basically guarantees them a good crowd reaction.

This, and the more bands like that means more room for random bands who normally wouldn't do a fest like Mayhem

BloodoftheKings
12-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I wasn't paying attention to the rumored lineups for this tour because the lineup is always shit anyway but seriously? Rob Zombie, 5FDP, and Hellyeah? Why does this thread have almost 200 pages? This tour is a fucking joke and shouldn't even be discussed here.

Steev
12-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I wasn't paying attention to the rumored lineups for this tour because the lineup is always shit anyway but seriously? Rob Zombie, 5FDP, and Hellyeah? Why does this thread have almost 200 pages? This tour is a fucking joke and shouldn't even be discussed here.

Its the same thread from last year

BloodoftheKings
12-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Its the same thread from last year

Well that explains a lot, still, this isn't worthy of discussion. Every year metal nerds all over the internet get riled up over nothing. It's a radio rock shitfest that's not really put together for metalheads and that's what it's always gonna be.

velvetgrass
12-03-2012, 06:10 PM

I guess I'm in the minority here as I like Five Finger Death Punch. I've just recently gotten into them, I really enjoyed their first two albums especially War Is The Answer. I haven't listened to American Capitalist so I don't know how it fares yet. I wouldn't mind seeing them live if it was part of a package tour. They co-headlined before Godsmack in a festival a fair distance away from me. It was a little too pricey for my taste though.

I wish Godsmack would headline a tour like this. They were before Disturbed on Mayhem in 2011 and before Shinedown on Uproar this year. I really love both of those bands too, but have already seen them live. So I would like to see Godsmack live at some point, preferably as a headline closer.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Why does this thread have almost 200 pages? This tour is a fucking joke and shouldn't even be discussed here.

Its discussed here cause this is METALsetlists.com.

Thrash. Black. Sludge. Death. Core. Alt. Industrial. Speed. Classic. Power. Groove. Nu. These are all forms of metal whether you like them or the bands that play it is up to you BUT unless the rules change people are free to discuss any parts of it they like. One reason it has so many pages is because haters come & hate. Which is odd to me because usually when someone posts about bands/tours I don't like I leave it alone. More power to those who like it.

Some folks here used to bitch about having numerous threads overrunning the forum for Mayhem/Warped/etc and now that there is only one they come here post about how they don't like it either. I hope Santa had his elves make a few extra panty unwadders this year cause they will make en excellent gift for some :)

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Well that explains a lot, still, this isn't worthy of discussion. Every year metal nerds all over the internet get riled up over nothing. It's a radio rock shitfest that's not really put together for metalheads and that's what it's always gonna be.

If it aint worthy of discussion exit the thread and don't look back... I do it all the time about bands/tours posted here I don't like. It beats wasting time bitching... go do something positive or constructive with your time.

BloodoftheKings
12-03-2012, 07:22 PM
go do something positive or constructive with your time.

No.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 07:28 PM
So if Mayhem Fest isn't metal does this mean Metallica isn't metal? By the band members own choosing they have toured with Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park on their own tour Summer Sanitarium. A tour the members have claimed to pick the bands for, whose bands are more generic hard rock radio than Mayhem Fest headliners. Even Manson, 5FDP & Disturbed are heavier than those bands.

anomynous
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
I actually think that Slayer, Anthrax, Mastodon thing next summer will blow Mayhem Festival away, especially with 5FDP and HellNo on it.

This.

THESE

:finger:

AnataFan4Life
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
This board cracks me up :lol:

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
:finger:

Ummmmm disregard that.

anomynous
12-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 07:33 PM
This board cracks me up :lol:

You better quit laughing - THAT AIN'T METAL.

:eek:

:D

BloodoftheKings
12-03-2012, 07:37 PM
You better quit laughing - THAT AIN'T METAL.

:eek:

:D

There's no reason to be upset dude, if you want to listen to radio rock that's fine, i'm not stopping you.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 07:40 PM
There's no reason to be upset dude, if you want to listen to radio rock that's fine, i'm not stopping you.

I listen to all kinds of music... radio rock included & I've never been ashamed of it. You never did answer my question if Metallica is metal or not. Go back a page...

IrritatedTrout
12-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Slayer, Anthrax, Mastodon. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Ommie
12-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Ummmmm disregard that.
I like the sound of this.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I like the sound of this.

Here is the deal. It was rumored to be in the works pending how well Hanneman progresses from his medical issues. Got this from one of the bands camps BUT I never posted a thread or put it on my facebook because it was nothing more than a list of bands Slayer were talking about bringing out on tour. It was far from being finalized or routed, etc. A few weeks after this was told to me Brent Hinds says they are hitting the studio in early January. Anthrax has a reissue of Worship Music + cover songs due in March. Slayer has a new album due out in the first half of next year. It sorta makes sense. I have not heard any more about it. Mastodon rushing back into the studio is odd, as if they have a deadline to meet for something. Just because it was talked about doesn't mean it will happen.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
12-03-2012, 08:37 PM

Fair enough, they just seem better suited for something like Uproar, in my opinion.

Now, about this Slaythraxadon tour....I agree that Mastodon hitting the studio already is a bit weird. I'm a little concerned, but if anyone can pull it off, it's Mastodon.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Fair enough, they just seem better suited for something like Uproar, in my opinion.

Now, about this Slaythraxadon tour....I agree that Mastodon hitting the studio already is a bit weird. I'm a little concerned, but if anyone can pull it off, it's Mastodon.

I agree on Uproar. 5FDP wouldn't be so bad if Ivan didn't try to copy Anselmo so much & if they dropped the clean vocal choruses on 3/4 of their songs. The debut album was solid imo but the last two not so much. They had potential to be heavier but instead decided to become a more metal version of Nickleback.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 08:49 PM
I like a the diversity The Hunter had but I don't think we need a part 2. I prefer very detailed & progressive songs from Mastodon which would require not rushing anything. And alot of songwriting & studio time to perfect the songs and record them. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit worried.

AnthG
12-03-2012, 09:08 PM
I agree on Uproar. 5FDP wouldn't be so bad if Ivan didn't try to copy Anselmo so much & if they dropped the clean vocal choruses on 3/4 of their songs. The debut album was solid imo but the last two not so much. They had potential to be heavier but instead decided to become a more metal version of Nickleback.

Ivan's cleans are the one potential saving grace to FFDP. It's his Pseudo-tough guy act he puts on for the "harsh" vocals and cringe worthy lyrics that really drive me nuts. He was never a great lyricist even on that first album, but from War is an Answer onwards his lyrics have gotten so repetitive and much more terrible. And that wouldn't be all that bad (there are tons of bands I love whose lyrics aren't very good) if the music itself wasn't so mundane. It's not that they aren't heavy enough or anything. The songwriting is just not good.

Ommie
12-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Here is the deal. It was rumored to be in the works pending how well Hanneman progresses from his medical issues. Got this from one of the bands camps BUT I never posted a thread or put it on my facebook because it was nothing more than a list of bands Slayer were talking about bringing out on tour. It was far from being finalized or routed, etc. A few weeks after this was told to me Brent Hinds says they are hitting the studio in early January. Anthrax has a reissue of Worship Music + cover songs due in March. Slayer has a new album due out in the first half of next year. It sorta makes sense. I have not heard any more about it. Mastodon rushing back into the studio is odd, as if they have a deadline to meet for something. Just because it was talked about doesn't mean it will happen.
Sounds fair. Thanks for the information though. I'll try to take it with a grain of salt.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Ivan's cleans are the one potential saving grace to FFDP. It's his Pseudo-tough guy act he puts on for the "harsh" vocals and cringe worthy lyrics that really drive me nuts. He was never a great lyricist even on that first album, but from War is an Answer onwards his lyrics have gotten so repetitive and much more terrible. And that wouldn't be all that bad (there are tons of bands I love whose lyrics aren't very good) if the music itself wasn't so mundane. It's not that they aren't heavy enough or anything. The songwriting is just not good.

I actually prefer his screaming vocals. Let me say his clean vocals during the verses are fine. Its the multi layered, processed vocals during the chorus of damn near all of their songs that I dislike. I agree with you on everything else. They try to sound too much like Pantera meets Nickleback imo. The thing that bothers me is that they have potential to be a good metal band if they tried imo. First thing they need to do is get rid of Kevin Churko as producer. He does Ozzy & In This Moment & if it weren't for the vocals & guitar solos all 3 bands recent albums would sound virtually identical - riffs, tones, song structures, etc barring just a few songs.

RampinUp46
12-03-2012, 09:32 PM
THESE

THAT.

Edit: I feel like a dumbass, didn't see that the page went past the one all that shit was on. Anthraslaydon sounds like an interesting tour to me. Hopefully it'll all come together nicely.

MPF
12-03-2012, 09:38 PM
If for some reason I get an opportunity to interview Ivan. I'm going to ask him when he's getting back together with Motograter.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 09:48 PM
If for some reason I get an opportunity to interview Ivan. I'm going to ask him when he's getting back together with Motograter.

Lol I was at the last show he played with them @ Ozzfest 03 in St. Louis. They walked off stage after 3 songs. Looks like he moved on to bigger things.

Steev
12-04-2012, 05:24 AM

I've joked with him about that band, he has a sense of humor about it

300%_Density
12-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Lol I was at the last show he played with them @ Ozzfest 03 in St. Louis. They walked off stage after 3 songs. Looks like he moved on to bigger things.

I was at that one as well. The whole thing was quite odd.