PDA

View Full Version : Official Mayhem Fest Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

brutal_descent
08-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks for clarifying. I'd be concerned if that many dudes pulled out of your ass. ;)

At least I didn't mention Eluveitie, Slipknot or The Ocean :eyes:

dcmetal108
08-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Eluvetie on the side stage would be sick. Too short of a set but sick. Plus it would get their name out there.

Why don't they throw a hardcore band on the side stage. I mean something even that crosses over like The Ghost Inside.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Brutal that was a good line up. I really hope they go back to having more quality small stage acts and a real 2nd stage. There are losts of bands that could benefit from the exposure and make for a nice day of heavy music: Down, Ghost, Baroness, Cannibal Corpse, Arch Enemy, Skeletonwitch, Revocation, Dillinger Escape Plan, etc.

Alice Cooper would be good in the 3rd from top spot on the mainstage.

brutal_descent
08-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Goatwhore would be sick as hell, too.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Goatwhore would be sick as hell, too.

Very much so. They could have a Nola stage:

Down
Goatwhore
Warbeast
Haarp

Very unlikely but bad ass if it happened!!!

Xenocide
08-13-2012, 07:16 AM
I think people are far too focused on whether bands would be a better "fit" on either Uproar or Mayhem. Sure Uproar might be a little more radio rock focused... but honestly when it comes to headliners it seems like there isn't much of a difference between the two tours. Mayhem has no problem booking radio rock bands (see 2008 and 2011) and Uproar has no problem booking heavier bands.

Steev
08-13-2012, 08:58 AM
I think people are far too focused on whether bands would be a better "fit" on either Uproar or Mayhem. Sure Uproar might be a little more radio rock focused... but honestly when it comes to headliners it seems like there isn't much of a difference between the two tours. Mayhem has no problem booking radio rock bands (see 2008 and 2011) and Uproar has no problem booking heavier bands.

Well yeah, several acts have done both and more most likely will in the future

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Well yeah, several acts have done both and more most likely will in the future

I was thinking last night that Uproar has not had any higher billed bands with screaming vocals other than HellYeah, at least to my knowledge. And by screaming vocals I don't mean a few songs, I mean as in bands where the majority of their songs feature harsh, screaming vocals.

I think that is something that divides Mayhem Fest and Uproar. Bands like Slipknot, Slayer, LoG, Hatebreed, etc won't play Uproar but Mayhem Fest has had other bands with cleaner vocals like Manson, Disturbed, Godsmack, etc play. Maybe I'm wrong here, but since Uproar is geared towards more of the fm radio crowd, you won't be seeing any high profile metal bands on Uproar featuring harsh, screaming vocals unless the band has recieved some previous heavy radio play, like KsE or Rob Zombie.

This actually has made me change my opinion on A7X possibly headlining Mayhem Fest sometime soon, I think it is more likely now. What probably is not likely is Slayer or Lamb of God on Uproar.

Steev
08-13-2012, 02:33 PM
A7X is one of the only arena level bands that hasn't done Mayhem at this point, seems incredibly likely since higher billed acts like Disturbed and now Godsmack have done Uproar and Mayhem

Also saying it now, Testament will be on Mayhem next year

NickLed19
08-13-2012, 02:40 PM
A7X is one of the only arena level bands that hasn't done Mayhem at this point, seems incredibly likely since higher billed acts like Disturbed and now Godsmack have done Uproar and Mayhem

Also saying it now, Testament will be on Mayhem next year

Testament and maybe Overkill.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Testament and maybe Overkill.

Testament's Native Blood album charted high in the US for a thrash band who is not in the big 4. I good possibility.

Possibilities are pointing to LoG, Hatebreed, Cannibal Corpse and Testament as all being strong contendors to play in 2013. Thats not a bad start imo IF those bands end up playing.

slapguitarer
08-13-2012, 03:14 PM
I'd be down for Testament. I don't really care for those other 3

Disturbed95
08-13-2012, 04:18 PM
If all 4 of those bands were on it I would be psyched

dcmetal108
08-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Now that I think of it, Volbeat should do Mayhem headlining second stage.

BloodoftheKings
08-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Testament's Native Blood album

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111229063624/creepypasta/images/0/03/Kermit_face.jpg

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-21-2012, 10:05 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111229063624/creepypasta/images/0/03/Kermit_face.jpg

Lol well I asked for that!!!

Steev
08-21-2012, 10:24 PM

That will never stop being funny

brutal_descent
09-18-2012, 09:50 AM
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/mayhem2013

Vote for Rompeprop, Arghoslent, Goatpenis, and Black Witchery.

AnataFan4Life
09-18-2012, 11:44 AM
I totally just put High on Fire in the top 5 performances :party:

detuned
09-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Examiner.com: I was at Mayhem festival in Connecticut this summer, and, of course, you could see DOWN tshirts all over the place. I know you've never been out on any of the five Mayhem fests, and I don't remember seeing you on any Ozzfests either. Has it just worked out that way or do you deliberately avoid the summer festival tours?

Pepper: We did Ozzfest years ago, on the second record. I think we swore we'd never do something like that again. I think DOWN is better served playing on our own. We have so much material and so many ways to run around it, that I think we're better on our own. Getting 30 or 45 minutes on a festival set isn't worth it. Sometimes it works, like in Europe. If DOWN could have a festival and pick our own bands, we'd do it.
http://www.examiner.com/article/exclusive-hard-rock-examiner-interview-pepper-keenan-of-down

mankvill
09-18-2012, 06:26 PM
oh jesus is it time already for this shitty thread to come back

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-19-2012, 01:22 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/exclusive-hard-rock-examiner-interview-pepper-keenan-of-down

Philip & Jimmy played Ozzfest 04 with Superjoint Ritual. Kirk played Mayhem Festival 2011 with Kingdom of Sorrow. While it would mean less pay & less play time, I bet Down would play Mayhem Fest if they had a decent slot, regardless of Pep not being fond of festival tours ;)

dcmetal108
09-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Jasta said during the Hatebreed show in Chicago tonight that Hatebreed will be on Mayhem next year and hopefully at that time also they will be supporting their new album.

slapguitarer
09-19-2012, 08:49 PM
0.5/1

Good start

XDoomsayerX
09-19-2012, 08:52 PM
0.5/1

Good start

More like a 0/1. This will mark Hatebreeds 3rd time playing this festival. This festival is too overhyped, I mean shit that last one just happened. Should we activate Summer Slaughter and Warped Tour speculations as well?

dcmetal108
09-19-2012, 09:50 PM
More like a 0/1. This will mark Hatebreeds 3rd time playing this festival. This festival is too overhyped, I mean shit that last one just happened. Should we activate Summer Slaughter and Warped Tour speculations as well?

It may be overhyped but they do bring some good bands. I mean festival wise with how many there are now its not odd to see bands repeating often enough. Oddly enough Mayhem is the only fest Hatebreed can really fit into anyway.

Also this isn't speculation, this was from Jamey himself on stage.

mankvill
09-19-2012, 09:55 PM
It may be overhyped but they do bring some good bands.

no...no not really.

treghet
09-19-2012, 10:07 PM
They have brought some good bands over the years, but you know what? They all tour the US on a regular basis with better lineups.

Blacktooth85
09-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah really. On these Mayhem Fests there's only about 2 to 3 bands worth seeing, and they're so for down on the bill they only get like 30 to 40 min to play, with the exception of Slayer. This year's was the only Mayhem fest i went to. Showed up at Anthrax, and left after Slayer. The crowd seemed like they were mostly casual Slayer fans. Mostly kids that were into the metalcore stuff and Slipknot, not my thing... I'm just gonna wait for the bands that i want to see do their own headlining shows. It sucks because the last few times Slayer toured the States was at these festivals, besides American Carnage and that was co-headlining too...

kalfitegrdan
09-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Jasta said during the Hatebreed show in Chicago tonight that Hatebreed will be on Mayhem next year and hopefully at that time also they will be supporting their new album.

Ew.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Also this isn't speculation, this was from Jamey himself on stage.

I updated the first post with your info, thanks for passing this along.

Steev
09-20-2012, 05:18 AM

2nd unless you count them doing 2 shows in 2011

dcmetal108
09-20-2012, 06:42 AM
2nd unless you count them doing 2 shows in 2011

Yeah Jamey actually mentioned it. He said they love doing the fest and it was a shame they could only do a few dates in 2011 but their happy to be back next year doing it.

hiddenzombie013
09-20-2012, 09:51 AM
I like seeing things coming together so early. I don't think next year's lineup will top this year's, but I'd love to see them try. My guess is:

SOAD
FFDP
Deftones

Rotaters:
Testament
All That Remains
Hatebreed

Cannibal Corpse
Suicide Silence
Periphery
Goatwhore?
Chelsea Grin

Xenocide
09-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Hatebreed won't play main stage, even as a rotator.

RampinUp46
09-20-2012, 11:52 AM

...God, I can just picture the smell of testosterone and sweaty wifebeaters already. :barf:

Xenocide
09-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Watch 5FDP be on it :bouville:

RampinUp46
09-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Watch 5FDP be on it :bouville:

Watch everyone get mad because Rammstein "said they were gonna play BUT THEY DIDN'T".

slapguitarer
09-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Watch over half the line-up be bad

W0unds
09-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I recall there being talk when the Mayhem Fest Cruise was announced that some of those bands would be top contenders for the 2013 Mayhem Fest. Hatebreed was supposed to be on the cruise (and apparently now confirmed for Mayhem Fest) so I would not be surprised to see some of the other bands from the planned cruise (Lamb of God, Machine Head, Suicide Silence, Born of Osiris, Gojira, Periphery, etc.) be a part of the festival.

slapguitarer
09-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Gojira and Periphery would be chill.

dcmetal108
09-20-2012, 02:40 PM
I bet the headliner will be someone whos already done it.

Xenocide
09-20-2012, 02:42 PM
I bet the headliner will be someone whos already done it.

This.

Or Avenged Sevenfold.

mankvill
09-20-2012, 03:49 PM
I bet 85% of the bands will be either shitty bands or bands that tour all the goddamn time.

AnthG
09-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Do shitty bands not tour all the time?

Xenocide
09-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Apparently not.

dcmetal108
09-20-2012, 07:24 PM
People need to remember that this tour is going to pick bands that can sell alot. So expect stuff like Asking Alexandria sounding since they sell.

Xenocide
09-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Apparently Battlecross have been trying like hell to get on it, with support from that annoying muskrat Jose from Sirius Radio.

A big side stage possibility imo is Sylosis.

mankvill
09-20-2012, 08:32 PM
People need to remember that this tour is going to pick bands that can sell alot. So expect stuff like Asking Alexandria sounding since they sell.

still doesn't mean this tour deserves nearly the amount of hype it gets each year

OraclesofAgony
09-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Every year I get disappointed by the overall lineup, but then I end up going for a handful of bands anyway. :eyes:

Except for the one year I thought that had the best lineup (2009) I didn't end up going, ironically. But that was because I hadn't yet seen Slayer, Cannibal Corpse or Behemoth at the time. The mainstage was actually pretty horrible that year minus Slayer.

dcmetal108
09-20-2012, 08:53 PM
See I never once look at the lineup and go OMG WOWOWOWOWOW. I look at it and I'm like well the side stage bands have toured alot this year and their all at least decent, and the main stage usually has a few cool things on.

It is overhyped but with how its run it has to be overhyped to sell alot.

Steev
09-21-2012, 05:52 AM
ok since other people have guessed here's a stab(not counting Sumerian because who knows if that'll happen again)

Main:
Avenged Sevenfold
Lamb of God
All That Remains

Rotating:
Devildriver
Municipal Waste
Shadows Fall

Jager Stage:
Testament
Kyng
Periphery

treghet
09-21-2012, 06:00 AM
ok since other people have guessed here's a stab(not counting Sumerian because who knows if that'll happen again)

Main:
Avenged Sevenfold
Lamb of God
All That Remains

Rotating:
Devildriver
Municipal Waste
Shadows Fall

Jager Stage:
Testament
Kyng
Periphery

[Daria voice] Wow, what a great lineup. I would totally go.

Steev
09-21-2012, 06:12 AM
[Daria voice] Wow, what a great lineup. I would totally go.

considering the tour has sold better the past two years despite what people say online this is pretty much the direction it's going

treghet
09-21-2012, 06:13 AM
considering the tour has sold better the past two years despite what people say online this is pretty much the direction it's going

That doesn't make it any good.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Rammstein was just confirmed for Wacken 2013. Depending on the dates for Mayhem 2013, this very likely kills any chance of Rammstein headlining in 2013. I don't see Mayhem Fest signing a headlining band that will miss the last 4-5 dates of the tour.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=179732

street_burial
09-21-2012, 06:50 AM
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1049/thisthreadagain.jpg

Steev
09-21-2012, 07:03 AM
That doesn't make it any good.

20,000 people per show would disagree

Steev
09-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Rammstein was just confirmed for Wacken 2013. Depending on the dates for Mayhem 2013, this very likely kills any chance of Rammstein headlining in 2013. I don't see Mayhem Fest signing a headlining band that will miss the last 4-5 dates of the tour.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=179732

That and the whole Rammstein turning them down practically every year

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-21-2012, 07:12 AM
That and the whole Rammstein turning them down practically every year

Yep. They (and everyone else) needs to let that delusion go.

Not sure who will headline but I'm hoping for (Not saying it will happen) a BlackDiamondSkye Mayhem Fest. Would love to see AiC, Deftones headline with Mastodon thrown in the mix too.

treghet
09-21-2012, 07:15 AM
20,000 people per show would disagree

Are you trying to convince me that selling a lot of tickets makes it a good tour? :lol: By that logic you would also have to believe that bands such as Asking Alexandria, Attack Attack!, and [insert popular, terrible band of your choice] are also great, because they sell a lot of tickets as well.

detuned
09-21-2012, 07:17 AM

Main:
Avenged Sevenfold
Lamb of God
All That Remains

Rotating:
Devildriver
Municipal Waste
Shadows Fall

Jager Stage:
Testament
Kyng
Periphery
most realistic guess thus far band wise. not so much placement.

Steev
09-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Yep. They (and everyone else) needs to let that delusion go.

Not sure who will headline but I'm hoping for (Not saying it will happen) a BlackDiamondSkye Mayhem Fest. Would love to see AiC, Deftones headline with Mastodon thrown in the mix too.

if the new Deftones does well it's a maybe, I mean Knotfest could have easily been Mayhem when you look at it

Steev
09-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Are you trying to convince me that selling a lot of tickets makes it a good tour? :lol: By that logic you would also have to believe that bands such as Asking Alexandria, Attack Attack!, and [insert popular, terrible band of your choice] are also great, because they sell a lot of tickets as well.

well you basically implicated it's bad because of your opinion, and several people would disagree

Steev
09-21-2012, 07:30 AM
most realistic guess thus far band wise. not so much placement.

yeah shot in the dark, figured Testament could do what Anthrax did this year

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-21-2012, 08:02 AM
well you basically implicated it's bad because of your opinion, and several people would disagree

Everyone has opinions but I'll be damned if I ever waste my time or thoughts posting in specific threads about a certain tour/musician which I do not like. Just sayin'...

Mayhem Fest draws several different types of metal bands, of course there will be bands some don't like similar to most other festivals unless its one of those repetitive genre type of line ups.

treghet
09-21-2012, 08:17 AM

Right, and the fact that other people disagree with me is not going to change my opinion.

Everyone has opinions but I'll be damned if I ever waste my time or thoughts posting in specific threads about a certain tour/musician which I do not like. Just sayin'...

Mayhem Fest draws several different types of metal bands, of course there will be bands some don't like similar to most other festivals unless its one of those repetitive genre type of line ups.

So should we never say if we dislike something? If you never voice your opinion, what's the point of having one? This is a discussion board, and part of the discussion is posting your opinions, both positive and negative. I've posted more than once that I thought this year's lineup was better than previous ones. I actually think it was the best one so far. But that doesn't mean I won't point out that this tour is overrated and that nearly all of the bands on it do other US tours on a regular basis.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Right, and the fact that other people disagree with me is not going to change my opinion.

So should we never say if we dislike something? If you never voice your opinion, what's the point of having one? This is a discussion board, and part of the discussion is posting your opinions, both positive and negative. I've posted more than once that I thought this year's lineup was better than previous ones. I actually think it was the best one so far. But that doesn't mean I won't point out that this tour is overrated and that nearly all of the bands on it do other US tours on a regular basis.

I'm not say you are not entitled to express your opinion freely. It just seems like from time to time people complain about the fest in this thread over & over. Its not like everyone hates it but my personal preferrence is to spend my time on something I do like instead of something I don't. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion but at times it feels like its been stated 100 times over. Just my thoughts, not aimed at you or anyone particular. It just seems not to happen in most threads at least not in repetition.

Xenocide
09-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Why the hell are people still arguing about whether MayhemFest is good or bad?

It's been two fucking years. The people defending it are getting just as annoying as the people who continually come in here to post "LOL GAYHEM" and leave.

mastodon421
09-22-2012, 05:26 AM
Well here's my guess at the lineup next year (I'm going to hope they have 2 legit side stages)

Main Stage:
Rob Zombie
Deftones
Killswitch Engage

Rotating Main Stage Openers/Side Stage Headliners:
All That Remains
Testament
Bring Me the Horizon (As much as it pains to me say, they will probably be on this next year)

Jager Stage:
Parkway Drive
The Sword
The Acacia Strain
Revocation
Jager Band

Other Side Stage:
The Black Dahlia Murder
Periphery
After the Burial
Battlecross (This band whores around, I don't think Metal Blade wants to throw them on Summer Slaughter)

detuned
09-22-2012, 05:47 AM
Bring Me the Horizon (As much as it pains to me say, they will probably be on this next year)
i really would be surprised if they werent. cant imagine a primarily pop/urban major label like RCA would bother signing a metal band if they werent going push them hard. already have them recording with terry date, and obviously there isnt really a bigger metal tour than mayhem.

dcmetal108
09-22-2012, 06:00 AM
I could see BMTH going back to Warped since they've done that before.

JulianH
09-22-2012, 06:21 AM
I like that line up but I feel Lamb of God is a for sure thing and I think Periphery will be on Warped and Born of Osiris will be on both ATB and BOO will have new albums to promote

slapguitarer
09-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Does BMTH have something new coming out soon or something? I haven't heard a thing of them in a while so I don't see why you guys think it's so likely for them to be on the festival.

detuned
09-22-2012, 11:32 AM
signed with RCA records in july, in the midst of pre-production with terry date for new album

which btw makes a whopping two remotely "metal" bands on RCA, bullet for my valentine being the other, who were just mixing their new album a couple weeks ago

mastodon421
09-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Does BMTH have something new coming out soon or something? I haven't heard a thing of them in a while so I don't see why you guys think it's so likely for them to be on the festival.

Yeah they have a new record coming out in the spring.

slapguitarer
09-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Bollocks

Xenocide
09-22-2012, 02:32 PM

The only reason I'm thinking of them is because it's what Alex heard backstage... that and they'd appeal to the Asking Alexandria/TDWP fanbase they attracted this past summer.

I'm thinking both BMTH and Chelsea Grin are going to be on this year. I'm cool with one song by BMTH but from what I can tell they're horrid live. Chelsea Grin I have no opinion about.

mastodon421
09-22-2012, 03:58 PM
The only reason I'm thinking of them is because it's what Alex heard backstage... that and they'd appeal to the Asking Alexandria/TDWP fanbase they attracted this past summer.

I'm thinking both BMTH and Chelsea Grin are going to be on this year. I'm cool with one song by BMTH but from what I can tell they're horrid live. Chelsea Grin I have no opinion about.

I've had the displeasure of seeing BMTH live twice and they are quite bad live, but there are much worse bands out there. I hope to Christ Chelsea Grin isn't there, I've successfully avoided seeing them thus far and I hope that streak doesn't come to an end.

dcmetal108
09-22-2012, 05:37 PM
I've had the displeasure of seeing BMTH live twice and they are quite bad live, but there are much worse bands out there. I hope to Christ Chelsea Grin isn't there, I've successfully avoided seeing them thus far and I hope that streak doesn't come to an end.

I can see Bullet For My Valentine.

I CANNOT see Chelsea Grin on Mayhem. (or BMTH) honestly. CG will do warped tour again or hopefully just stop touring for now since the lead singer sounds like a bag of dog shit.

mastodon421
09-22-2012, 06:03 PM
I can see Bullet For My Valentine.

I CANNOT see Chelsea Grin on Mayhem. (or BMTH) honestly. CG will do warped tour again or hopefully just stop touring for now since the lead singer sounds like a bag of dog shit.

People (including myself) said Asking Alexandria wouldn't be on it last year and they were. If they can be on it, BMTH can be as well. Same goes for Chelsea Grin.

John The Drummer
09-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Let's get Mayhem on Mayhem fest.

dcmetal108
09-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Let's get Every Time I Die on Mayhem along with The Ghost Inside and bring back Winds Of Plague.

Then have them all play back to back to back and you have my moshing wet dream.

mankvill
09-22-2012, 09:26 PM

not entry-level enough

RampinUp46
09-23-2012, 08:05 AM

If we're getting impossible here, I vote for Pentagram headlining the Jager stage.

Sepultura69
09-23-2012, 09:16 AM
If we're getting impossible here, I vote for Pentagram headlining the Jager stage.

While we are at it, I vote for Sepultura reunion with the Cavalera Brothers taking in the first slot, 2nd slot, 3rd, and 4th slot at the main stage. And during all 4 sets they perform all four of their classic respective albums.

Set one - Morbid Visions

Set two - SCHIZOPHRENIA

Set three - Beneath the remains

Set four -Arise

Anyways, theres my 2 cents, also why the hell is this thread brought back from the dead?....Let this thread die in peace already...

DementedX14
09-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Here is mine guess...

Main Stage:
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Deftones

A Day to Remember
Killwsitch Engage
Bullet for My Valentine

Jager Stage:
Hatebreed
Soilwork
Fear Factory
Shadows Fall
Revocation

Other Side Stage:
The Black Dahlia Murder
Periphery
The Faceless
Born of Osiris

John The Drummer
09-23-2012, 10:25 AM

In that case, Pentagram (Chile) :D

dcmetal108
09-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Here is mine guess...

Main Stage:
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Deftones

A Day to Remember
Killwsitch Engage
Bullet for My Valentine

Jager Stage:
Hatebreed
Soilwork
Fear Factory
Shadows Fall
Revocation

Other Side Stage:
The Black Dahlia Murder
Periphery
The Faceless
Born of Osiris

At first I was like wow that online isn't that bad until I re-read it with Limp Bizkit. They just said they won't tour the US anymore because people don't appreciate them or some bullshit.

Replace them with LOG and that's decent enough. I still don't get why people think Deftones would be on this. If they ever do a huge summer fest like this I see it being Uproar.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Here is my guess as of now:

MAIN:
Rob Zombie
Deftones
Killswitch Engage

Side Stage Headliner:
Lamb Of God

Rotating Bands:
Bring Me The Horizon
Hatebreed
Suicide Silence

Opening Bands:
Gojira
Chelsea Grin

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-23-2012, 08:54 PM
At first I was like wow that online isn't that bad until I re-read it with Limp Bizkit. They just said they won't tour the US anymore because people don't appreciate them or some bullshit.

Replace them with LOG and that's decent enough. I still don't get why people think Deftones would be on this. If they ever do a huge summer fest like this I see it being Uproar.

Deftones is one band who would fit on both tours. They have some more mellow or commerical material that fits well with Uproar but they also have some heavier songs that would allow them to fit in on Mayhem too.

TonyD
09-23-2012, 09:08 PM
>Debating for 9 months who will be on the bill of a festival that gives each band 20-45 minutes to play

treghet
09-23-2012, 09:09 PM

You call it bullshit, I call it one of the greatest things ever.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-24-2012, 12:17 AM
You call it bullshit, I call it one of the greatest things ever.

Lol

dcmetal108
09-24-2012, 05:28 AM
Deftones is one band who would fit on both tours. They have some more mellow or commerical material that fits well with Uproar but they also have some heavier songs that would allow them to fit in on Mayhem too.

Ok. They just seemed like a odd fit for me. Then again I can't ever seem to get into them, I just can't find what the big deal is.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Ok. They just seemed like a odd fit for me. Then again I can't ever seem to get into them, I just can't find what the big deal is.

I couldn't get into to them either for years but I gave Diamond Eyes a good listen and its now one of my all time favorite albums along with White Pony, Self Titled & Saturday Night Wrist. If you are willing to give Deftones a chance I say start with these songs as they play most of these live:

Diamond Eyes
You've Seen The Butcher
Beauty School
Rocket Skates
Sextapes
Hole In The Earth
Cherry Waves
Minerva
Needles & Pins
Back To School
Digital Bath
House Of Flies
Passenger
Be Quiet & Drive
My Own Summer

I like newer Deftones better than old Deftones. After I liked Diamond Eyes, I went back through their albums & found alot more stuff I liked.

energymetal14
09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
I couldn't get into to them either for years but I gave Diamond Eyes a good listen and its now one of my all time favorite albums along with White Pony, Self Titled & Saturday Night Wrist. If you are willing to give Deftones a chance I say start with these songs as they play most of these live:

Diamond Eyes
You've Seen The Butcher
Beauty School
Rocket Skates
Sextapes
Hole In The Earth
Cherry Waves
Minerva
Needles & Pins
Back To School
Digital Bath
House Of Flies
Passenger
Be Quiet & Drive
My Own Summer

I like newer Deftones better than old Deftones. After I liked Diamond Eyes, I went back through their albums & found alot more stuff I liked.

What I love about Deftones is that their calmer songs are just as great as the heavier songs. White Pony is personally my favorite, maybe just because it's the first one I got into. But I am a huge fan of Around the Fur and Diamond Eyes as well. I really want to see them headline in a club, but if I go to this next year (not likely, but we'll see) I would be pumped if they were on it.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-24-2012, 11:45 AM
I agree. The heavy riffs combined with the atmospheric sounds of Frank Delgado (sampler/DJ/keyboards) combined with the melodies make them even more versatile than most bands when it comes to aggressive hard hitting songs combined with the awesome mellow songs too.

AnataFan4Life
09-24-2012, 11:53 AM
So apparently someone on the Mayhem Fest boards, who pretty much had the lineup correct the past two years, said that this would be the line-up next year.

Main Stage:
Rob Zombie
Five Finger Death Punch (ugh, not this band again :barf:)
Lamb of God

Rotating:
Bullet For My Valentine (see FFDP)
Hatebreed
Cannibal Corpse

Side Stage Bands:
In This Moment (see FFDP and BFMV)
Devildriver
The Agonist
Job For A Cowboy
Gojira
Goatwhore

As usual, take it with a grain of salt

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-24-2012, 11:56 AM
That line up wouldn't suprise me. Could be better but definitely be worse.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-24-2012, 12:00 PM
That main stage looks alot like Mayhem Fest 2010 lol

300%_Density
09-24-2012, 12:06 PM
I'd be fairly OK w/ that. Leave after LOG anyway. I'd be ok w/ that line up as a whole. Few things could stand to go but it'll never be perfect.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-24-2012, 12:25 PM
I'd be fairly OK w/ that. Leave after LOG anyway. I'd be ok w/ that line up as a whole. Few things could stand to go but it'll never be perfect.

Thats it. There are 6 bands I'm ok with seeing/actually watch and for a festival like this one that is a decent number.

hiddenzombie013
09-24-2012, 07:19 PM
That'd be disappointing compared to last year, but I'd still go. I feel bad for LoG, since FFDP played before them in 2010 and then after them in 2013. Also, CC on the main stage just feels odd. But looks solid, and then I could see Gojira.

Also, if that is true, how the fuck has Testament not gotten on Mayhem yet? Not counting the few dates they did in 2011. With their new album out now, they'd be a perfect rotater, and they're (essentially) one of the few non-repeats.

RampinUp46
09-24-2012, 08:05 PM
So apparently someone on the Mayhem Fest boards, who pretty much had the lineup correct the past two years, said that this would be the line-up next year.

Main Stage:
Rob Zombie
Five Finger Death Punch (ugh, not this band again :barf:)
Lamb of God

Rotating:
Bullet For My Valentine (see FFDP)
Hatebreed
Cannibal Corpse

Side Stage Bands:
In This Moment (see FFDP and BFMV)
Devildriver
The Agonist
Job For A Cowboy
Gojira
Goatwhore

As usual, take it with a grain of salt

:party: :party: :party:

...Hey, I dig the shit out of them!

Blacktooth85
09-24-2012, 08:28 PM
That'd be disappointing compared to last year, but I'd still go. I feel bad for LoG, since FFDP played before them in 2010 and then after them in 2013. Also, CC on the main stage just feels odd. But looks solid, and then I could see Gojira.

Also, if that is true, how the fuck has Testament not gotten on Mayhem yet? Not counting the few dates they did in 2011. With their new album out now, they'd be a perfect rotater, and they're (essentially) one of the few non-repeats.

Yeah it'd be good exposure for them. But they're the biggest they've ever been at this point in their career with Dark Roots coming in at #12. I'd rather see them do their own headlining tour, or play direct support for a good band next summer than for them to play a 30 min set at Mayhem.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Testament would be a good choice. Who is to say that the line up posted is correct? The Mayhem Fest organizers usually don't have the lower billed bands signed on until around Thanksgiving...

JulianH
09-25-2012, 07:04 AM
I could picture FFDP, BFMV, Deftones, & maybe Zombie for Uproar but I don't see that being the line up

Xenocide
09-25-2012, 02:32 PM
I really don't see FFDP/Rob Zombie coheadlining, doesn't seem like the two are strong enough to sell enough tickets. Korn did a lot of the ticket selling in 2010 when RZ was coheadlining, despite his resurgence in popularity I personally don't think he could be the top billed band. I'm personally expecting Avenged Sevenfold to headline with Rob Zombie as coheadliner with 5FDP or LOG in direct support.

mankvill
09-25-2012, 02:46 PM
my guess is they will probably reuse 90% of the bands

dcmetal108
09-25-2012, 04:31 PM
I really don't see FFDP/Rob Zombie coheadlining, doesn't seem like the two are strong enough to sell enough tickets. Korn did a lot of the ticket selling in 2010 when RZ was coheadlining, despite his resurgence in popularity I personally don't think he could be the top billed band. I'm personally expecting Avenged Sevenfold to headline with Rob Zombie as coheadliner with 5FDP or LOG in direct support.

A7X with Zombie / LOG would be amazing.

Disturbed95
09-25-2012, 04:40 PM
I have a feeling korn will be on this, only because they were heavily rumored last year

slapguitarer
09-25-2012, 04:41 PM
But they don't have anything to support right now.

Disturbed95
09-25-2012, 04:44 PM
But neither do log, ffdp, or A7x

slapguitarer
09-25-2012, 04:45 PM
LoG released an album this year and I think A7X are working on something.

detuned
09-25-2012, 04:46 PM
the original lineup of korn will reunite for mayhem 2014 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the self titled album

Disturbed95
09-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Slipknot, slayer and motorhead all played 2012, despite not supportimg a new album

dcmetal108
09-25-2012, 04:55 PM
FFDP doesn't need to support anything since they are still running on popularity with the younger crowd right now.

Also I know that Korn comment was a joke Detuned, but not only would that be a awesome tour. I'd say it isn't too far fetched. They just wouldn't be on Mayhem for it.

XDoomsayerX
09-25-2012, 04:56 PM
They should just do a best of for mainsatge and some sidestage.
Main Stage:
Mastodon
Killswitch Engage
LOG
Side Stage:
Hatebreed
AILD
TBDM
Gojira
TDEP
Baroness
Revocation
High on Fire(make up for this year)

Disturbed95
09-25-2012, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=dcmetal108;490156]FFDP doesn't need to support anything since they are still running on popularity with the younger crowd right now

If their going to coheadline, they will need a new album, cause they.arent big enough to ight now

dcmetal108
09-25-2012, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=dcmetal108;490156]FFDP doesn't need to support anything since they are still running on popularity with the younger crowd right now

If their going to coheadline, they will need a new album, cause they.arent big enough to ight now

I don't think so. I mean they just headlined Trespass America tour over KSE who had just made their big return.

Xenocide
09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Slipknot, slayer and motorhead all played 2012, despite not supportimg a new album

>Slipknot was supporting their Greatest Hits album.
>Slayer was in the process of recording a new EP.
>Motorhead don't even bother with normal tour cycles anymore since new music doesn't even matter to them.

GO BACK TO PUSHING CARTS, TYLER

Xenocide
09-25-2012, 06:12 PM
But neither do log, ffdp, or A7x

LOG have stated many times that their Resolution touring cycle is going to last 2-3 years.

Disturbed95
09-25-2012, 06:30 PM
GO BACK TO PUSHING CARTS, TYLER[/QUOTE]

Dan, go make me a quarter pounder

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-25-2012, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=Disturbed95;490161]

I don't think so. I mean they just headlined Trespass America tour over KSE who had just made their big return.

I'm not a big 5FDP fan but I recall browsing through blabbermouth the other day and seeing an article about them already having 6 songs written for the next album. If they put a rush on the album, it could be out around Mayhem Fest time.

Hopefully its not out that soon and they do not play

slapguitarer
09-25-2012, 11:15 PM
They should just do a best of for mainsatge and some sidestage.
Main Stage:
Mastodon
Killswitch Engage
LOG
Side Stage:
Hatebreed
AILD
TBDM
Gojira
TDEP
Baroness
Revocation
High on Fire(make up for this year)

>best of
>TDEP, Baroness, and Revocation
>No 3IOB or Red Fang

XDoomsayerX
09-26-2012, 04:54 PM
>best of
>TDEP, Baroness, and Revocation
>No 3IOB or Red Fang

What I meant was best of for main stage and some side stage bands. I wouldn't even put Hatebreed on there if they weren't already confirmed. I forgot about Red Fang, yeah they should be on there. Kick-ass live band! :rocker:

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Heard from a reliable source that Roadrunner Records were trying to get Rob Zombie on the bill for 2013.

I also heard that Lamb Of God is going to play so long as Randy's legal issues are resolved where he is able to play. Was told they are monitoring the situation and could possibly hold LoG as the 'suprise/mystery' last announced band due to their situation.

Looks like Rob Zombie, Lamb Of God & Hatebreed are strong possibilities. I feel like another band will headline with or over Zombie.

OraclesofAgony
10-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Heard from a reliable source that Roadrunner Records were trying to get Rob Zombie on the bill for 2013.

I also heard that Lamb Of God is going to play so long as Randy's legal issues are resolved where he is able to play. Was told they are monitoring the situation and could possibly hold LoG as the 'suprise/mystery' last announced band due to their situation.

Looks like Rob Zombie, Lamb Of God & Hatebreed are strong possibilities. I feel like another band will headline with or over Zombie.

Oh yay, Mayhem Fest 2010 again.

XDoomsayerX
10-07-2012, 11:53 PM

Well I shall skip for sure.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Well I shall skip for sure.

I get the feeling if Zombie is being pushed that they will coheadline and another band will play above them. Or maybe Zombie will play Uproar instead?

MPF
10-08-2012, 12:07 AM
If this comes to Somerset, Wisconsin *Which I heard now has the go ahead to start having metal festivals again since Knotfest was a success* I will go.

RampinUp46
10-08-2012, 12:17 AM
I've been meaning to catch Rob Zombie since '09, but since I don't like Hatebreed and didn't like LoG's last album that much...yeah.

If Overkill and/or Testament aren't on this and the headliner isn't all that good, I'm skipping next year's lineup. No way am I driving to Dallas again for one band I like against ten I don't.

Steev
10-08-2012, 06:42 AM
I feel like if the 3 mentioned bands are all really coming back the best solution would be bring back having 3 legitimate stages(let's face it the Sumerian thing was ridiculous) and have each one headline.

That way you still get 2 more big names for main(who hopefully haven't played before) and some decent size names for the rotating acts

mastodon421
10-08-2012, 11:08 AM
I would still go if they brought back those 3 bands (especially since Rob Zombie doesn't tour often), but c'mon really 3 major bands that all played the same year all back again on the same lineup? Mix it up a little bit. Clearly there is only so many metal bands that are going to fill amphitheaters, but at least don't put the exact same pairings that have already appeared together in the past few years.

mankvill
10-08-2012, 11:29 AM
http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/3/30/4161.ElmoJackBlack.jpg

Steev
10-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I would still go if they brought back those 3 bands (especially since Rob Zombie doesn't tour often), but c'mon really 3 major bands that all played the same year all back again on the same lineup? Mix it up a little bit. Clearly there is only so many metal bands that are going to fill amphitheaters, but at least don't put the exact same pairings that have already appeared together in the past few years.

Doesn't tour a lot? I've seen him like 6/7 times since he started touring for "Hellbilly Deluxe 2"

mastodon421
10-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Doesn't tour a lot? I've seen him like 6/7 times since he started touring for "Hellbilly Deluxe 2"

He has? I know he did the Slayer tour last year and the Megadeth tour this year(?), but neither of those came anywhere near here. He's seriously only played in New England once since Mayhem Fest 10 and he's from here (He is playing in New Hampshire and Connecticut with Manson in a couple of weeks though).

BRAman22
10-08-2012, 01:02 PM
If this comes to Somerset, Wisconsin *Which I heard now has the go ahead to start having metal festivals again since Knotfest was a success* I will go.

This would be fantastic! I've only gotten to one Mayhem Fest so far, only because the nearest date is Tinley Park.

Steev
10-08-2012, 01:19 PM
He has? I know he did the Slayer tour last year and the Megadeth tour this year(?), but neither of those came anywhere near here. He's seriously only played in New England once since Mayhem Fest 10 and he's from here (He is playing in New Hampshire and Connecticut with Manson in a couple of weeks though).

as for immediate Philly area he did Philly(09) about an hour away in Reading(11) and now after this month two stops in Camden(10,12) plus I saw him about an hour and a half away in Holmdel(12) and twice doing ROTR in Columbus(10,12)

plus other shows in Holmdel and relatively nearby stops like Baltimore and Scranton have happened

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-08-2012, 01:26 PM
I think the tour organizers will throw us a curveball and have Zombie play Uproar. 5FDP is rushing another album out, I bet they play on Mayhem/Uproar.

Steev
10-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I think the next time 5FDP does Mayhem they'll be in one of the last 2 slots, seems more likely they'd do Uproar first

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I agree. A Rob Zombie/5FDP coheadliner festival would sell tickets, regardless of if its called Mayhem or Uproar.

Steev
10-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I agree. A Rob Zombie/5FDP coheadliner festival would sell tickets, regardless of if its called Mayhem or Uproar.

Id rather Uproar since Mayhem may have Hatebreed and Lamb Of God(too much like 2010)

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-08-2012, 05:37 PM
I agree

snowdog2112
10-08-2012, 08:30 PM

No Zombie cant do sheds as a headliner tour wont sell guaranteed
Uproar learned there lesson with Shinedown need a bigger headliner
named band

Steev
10-08-2012, 08:34 PM
named band

Bigger? The show I was at sold really well(and had Shinedown headline there 2 years earlier on Carnival of Madness)

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-08-2012, 09:59 PM
named band

Well his tour with Manson played a few sheds as did the ones with Megadeth & Slayer if I'm not mistaken. All did well.

Put Zombie as headliner with support acts like 5FDP, Deftones or Lamb Of God as the coheadliner and he will do fine.

Steev
10-09-2012, 06:57 AM
If Deftones does Mayhem they'd be the Megadeth/Motorhead slot

Like maybe Main works to this:
Rob Zombie
Avenged Sevenfold
Deftones
(rotating band)

detuned
10-09-2012, 08:58 AM
named band
nobody that has headlined mayhem can do the big sheds it plays on their own. zombie is probably on the low end of draw potential in comparison to others, but if manson could be the top billed act, zombie surely can.

good to know though that we have someone here with inside knowledge of uproar and can tell us they learned their lesson booking a popular band like shinedown.

TheDeadPanda
10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
If Deftones does Mayhem they'd be the Megadeth/Motorhead slot

Like maybe Main works to this:
Rob Zombie
Avenged Sevenfold
Deftones
(rotating band)

Not sure if you were putting that in order, but a7x would headline over zombie.

Steev
10-09-2012, 09:37 AM
I felt like Zombie would headline so there's more chance of them returning(like when Disturbed was billed over Godsmack in 2011)

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-09-2012, 10:46 AM
If I had to guess I think A7X would headline over Zombie but I don't think they deserve it.

I think we will see Mayhem/Uproar headlined by A7X, Zombie, 5FDP. I'd love to see AiC & Deftones thrown in the mix but neither band does touring festivals in the US that much, although it would be a pleasant suprise & a nice way to shake things up. I think Lamb Of God, Hatebreed & Cannibal Corpse are locked in for Mayhem.

I think KsE, B4MV, In This Moment, AtR, BMTH & Suicide Silence could play Mayhem, Uproar (probably not SS) or Warped.

dcmetal108
10-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I think ATR, B4MV and KSE will do Mayhem. ITM might do Mayhem but not Uproar since they did it last year. BMTH will do Warped as will SS.

W0unds
10-09-2012, 12:53 PM
I think Suicide Silence will do Mayhem this year. This is given that some of the other bands on the cancelled Mayhem Fest cruise are confirmed (Hatebreed) or strongly rumoured (LoG).

I am not sure how much BFMV would draw in terms of crowds, haven't heard anything about these guys since like 2010. I would like to see something like: A7X, Zombie, LoG.

mankvill
10-09-2012, 12:59 PM
i think this year will be the year they recycle 100% of the bands

Xenocide
10-09-2012, 02:02 PM
That would actually be hilarious

dcmetal108
10-10-2012, 06:28 PM
I think Suicide Silence will do Mayhem this year. This is given that some of the other bands on the cancelled Mayhem Fest cruise are confirmed (Hatebreed) or strongly rumoured (LoG).

I am not sure how much BFMV would draw in terms of crowds, haven't heard anything about these guys since like 2010. I would like to see something like: A7X, Zombie, LoG.

They dropped off the face of the earth kinda and a few of the guys are in another band now who just put out a album.

Steev
10-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Bullet did Uproar last year, and one of the members had surgery recently

RampinUp46
10-15-2012, 04:22 PM
That would actually be hilarious

Well they did bring back Slayer and Slipknot on the main stage. If they're continuing the trend of recycling bands, I'm gonna say next year's gonna have Zombie and either Lamb of God or Donkey Punch.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Well they did bring back Slayer and Slipknot on the main stage. If they're continuing the trend of recycling bands, I'm gonna say next year's gonna have Zombie and either Lamb of God or Donkey Punch.

John Reese said there was only about 25 bands that could headline Mayhem Fest. Problem is only about half of those bands are interested or are willing to drop the $ in exchange for a bit more exposure that Mayhem Fest brings.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Updated the first post. I am hearing that Miss May I is likely to play, joining Lamb Of God, Hatebreed, Cannibal Corpse & Chelsea Grin as the most heavily rumored bands to play at this time.

Xenocide
10-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Firewind is trying to get on, posted on facebook

anomynous
10-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Wait, so Rockstar wants you to headline a tour, but pay to get on it?

Seems legit.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Wait, so Rockstar wants you to headline a tour, but pay to get on it?

Seems legit.

Not pay but drop the price of your usual $ amount. I know on Ozzfest smaller bands had to pay to play. Even Sevendust, as a small stage headliner, had to back out of Mayhem Fest due not making their normal amount.

300%_Density
10-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Not pay but drop the price of your usual $ amount. I know on Ozzfest smaller bands had to pay to play. Even Sevendust, as a small stage headliner, had to back out of Mayhem Fest due not making their normal amount.

I thought I heard that Crazytown had to pay to play Ozzfest back in '00 & '01. Lol those were the days...

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Firewind is trying to get on, posted on facebook

That suggests there won't be a US Ozzfest next summer or at least an extensive tour.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2012, 08:19 PM
I thought I heard that Crazytown had to pay to play Ozzfest back in '00 & '01. Lol those were the days...

If any band deserved to have to pay they are at the top of the list lol

300%_Density
10-25-2012, 08:26 PM
If any band deserved to have to pay they are at the top of the list lol

I think they still owe me gas money.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2012, 08:46 PM
I think they still owe me gas money.

Haha ain't that the truth

gilpdawg
10-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Updated the first post. I am hearing that Miss May I is likely to play, joining Lamb Of God, Hatebreed, Cannibal Corpse & Chelsea Grin as the most heavily rumored bands to play at this time.
Chelsea Grin? Really? Really?.......Really? What horseshit.

BRAman22
10-26-2012, 11:53 PM
That suggests there won't be a US Ozzfest next summer or at least an extensive tour.

Wouldn't that only be if Ozzy was headlining? They could still do it if Black Sabbath headlined, couldn't they?

MPF
10-26-2012, 11:57 PM
I, VERY UNFORTUNATELY, will be interviewing Miss May I in November. I will ask them myself if they are on the tour or not.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-27-2012, 12:17 AM
I, VERY UNFORTUNATELY, will be interviewing Miss May I in November. I will ask them myself if they are on the tour or not.

I bet they avoid the ? like its the plague!!! Be sure to let us know.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Wouldn't that only be if Ozzy was headlining? They could still do it if Black Sabbath headlined, couldn't they?

If they have a Ozzfest thats a real tour & not just a few shows, why would Firewind want to play Mayhem Fest? As Ozzy's guitarist, Gus would be a shoe in to land a spot on Ozzfest for his band imo. I bet we get a few Ozzfest dates OR a Black Sabbath headline tour with just a few other bands on it.

dcmetal108
10-27-2012, 04:57 AM

Miss May I is one of the best metalcore bands right now. Wouldn't be surprised if they did Mayhem. Plus for how big these guys got fast they are all still pretty young.

Now Chelsea Grin on the other hand is a band that needs to go away. Everytime I see them they get worse and worse and musically they are just going downhill.

300%_Density
10-27-2012, 06:01 AM

Way to jump on the grenade to get us the hard hitting news. :cool:

Xenocide
10-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Miss May I is one of the best metalcore bands right now.

No.

Xenocide
10-27-2012, 11:05 AM
I still really think it's gonna be A7X/Zombie coheadlining

dcmetal108
10-27-2012, 04:34 PM
No.

Yes.

Their by far one of the biggest ones right now and they are actually good live.

BRAman22
10-27-2012, 06:25 PM
If they have a Ozzfest thats a real tour & not just a few shows, why would Firewind want to play Mayhem Fest? As Ozzy's guitarist, Gus would be a shoe in to land a spot on Ozzfest for his band imo. I bet we get a few Ozzfest dates OR a Black Sabbath headline tour with just a few other bands on it.

Good point. Thanks for the clarification.

dcmetal108
10-27-2012, 06:55 PM
If a Ozzfest did happen I see it being a one day show. More than likely in California.

With all the summer tours Ozzfest would have a really tough run.

masterguy49
10-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Friend talked to the guys from Miss May I at the show tonight, they said they'll be back on Mayhem.

AnataFan4Life
10-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Friend talked to the guys from Miss May I at the show tonight, they said they'll be back on Mayhem.

Bleh

street_burial
10-27-2012, 08:53 PM

:party::party:

Xenocide
10-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Miss May I is basically As I Lay Dying Jr.

gilpdawg
10-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Miss May I is one of the best metalcore bands right now. Wouldn't be surprised if they did Mayhem. Plus for how big these guys got fast they are all still pretty young.

Now Chelsea Grin on the other hand is a band that needs to go away. Everytime I see them they get worse and worse and musically they are just going downhill.
Wait, they got worse? What is the equation? Shit-X=What? How do you get worse than they were before?

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-28-2012, 12:21 AM

Cool. Too bad he didn't get any info about the headliners or other bands on the bill. I will go ahead and add Miss May I as confirmed. I trust masterguy49, he has always been straight up and no bullshit.

treghet
10-28-2012, 12:56 AM
Wait, they got worse? What is the equation? Shit-X=What? How do you get worse than they were before?

Because now their vocalist rivals Chris Barnes.

http://youtu.be/s4czuvEPkSw?t=1m15s

kalfitegrdan
10-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Yes.

Their by far one of the biggest ones right now and they are actually good live.

Ew, no. They were god awful both times I saw them and they kept spewing shit about being "real metal."

AnataFan4Life
10-29-2012, 09:44 PM
So apparently Lamb of God and Chelsea Grin have been "unofficially confirmed". With the way the lineup is headed so far, it doesn't sound like I will be going next year. 2 out of 4 isn't too promising.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-29-2012, 10:19 PM
So apparently Lamb of God and Chelsea Grin have been "unofficially confirmed". With the way the lineup is headed so far, it doesn't sound like I will be going next year. 2 out of 4 isn't too promising.

I don't think LoG can be confirmed for anything in 2013 other than Randy going to trial in the Czech Republic.

Bengals279
10-31-2012, 03:29 PM
When will dates be announced?

MPF
10-31-2012, 03:33 PM

I'd hope.....2013.

dcmetal108
10-31-2012, 03:39 PM

RampinUp46
11-01-2012, 08:06 AM

They always announce them between January - March.

The community here has been pretty accurate in their predictions, so what you see here is almost guaranteed to be what the Mayhem Festival is going to get.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-01-2012, 10:43 AM
They always announce them between January - March.

The last 3 years the dates/cities where announced in advance of the presale which usually started on Thanksgiving weekend if I am not mistaken.

RampinUp46
11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
The last 3 years the dates/cities where announced in advance of the presale which usually started on Thanksgiving weekend if I am not mistaken.

Shit, I misread "dates" as "bands" somehow. :lol:

And it was going to be said at some point, so fuck it. With the passing of Suicide Silence's frontman, I highly doubt they'll be on the festival unless they bring out a touring singer to pay tribute to him or something.

KeeblerElf
11-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Shit, I misread "dates" as "bands" somehow. :lol:

And it was going to be said at some point, so fuck it. With the passing of Suicide Silence's frontman, I highly doubt they'll be on the festival unless they bring out a touring singer to pay tribute to him or something.

I'd consider SS done for.

kalfitegrdan
11-01-2012, 10:47 PM
I'd consider SS done for.

I dunno, man. They said they're still gonna do the Outbreak tour in December to donate the proceeds to his daughter, so they might take it father than that and just get a replacement vocalist.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-01-2012, 10:59 PM
I dunno, man. They said they're still gonna do the Outbreak tour in December to donate the proceeds to his daughter, so they might take it father than that and just get a replacement vocalist.

SS has just enough popularity that they will probably keep going with a new vocalist imo. While I am not a fan, it was obvious they were very popular amongst the younger people at Mayhem. I see their shirts from time to time where I live (BFE) and in the last year I have really been surprised at how many of them I see when I'm not at a music related event.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-02-2012, 10:33 PM
I can now confirm Lamb Of God as a main stage band (unless Randy is sentenced to a long prison term in the Czech Republic then of course they will not play).

I also have heard rumors of the mainstage having more than 4 bands and opening up earlier so that more bands can be added to the festival.

I have not been able to confirm that these bands will play the festival but I am hearing they were in negotiations to play:

Deftones
Rob Zombie
Megadeth
Devin Townsend Project
Motionless In White
Chelsea Grin
Cannibal Corpse

BRAman22
11-02-2012, 11:48 PM
I can now confirm Lamb Of God as a main stage band (unless Randy is sentenced to a long prison term in the Czech Republic then of course they will not

What are your thoughts on the slot they'd play? You think they'd be around the third slot again, or do you think they could be higher, like a possible coheadliner this time around?

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-03-2012, 12:05 AM
What are your thoughts on the slot they'd play? You think they'd be around the third slot again, or do you think they could be higher, like a possible coheadliner this time around?

I think they will be 3rd from top. If Zombie headlines they could have Deftones & LoG rotate each night, or Megadeth if they play.

anomynous
11-03-2012, 12:53 AM
No way in hell will Devin Townsend be on this

MPF
11-03-2012, 01:13 AM

You just never know. I wish Devin was bigger here, but he's not. I mean he's opening for Gojira in January, which just feels wrong to me, but it's happening.

I hate saying it, i really fucking do, but if Devin does Mayhem Festival....I could see it happening if nothing else just to get his name out there. :(

*Although if this finally comes to Somerset, WI, you bet a fat clown's ass I'll be there*

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-03-2012, 01:25 AM

Just like SYL was never gonna do Ozzfest. Whether you like Mayhem Fest or not he would be foolish to turn it down imo.

Steev
11-03-2012, 02:21 AM
Just like SYL was never gonna do Ozzfest. Whether you like Mayhem Fest or not he would be foolish to turn it down imo.

Exactly, and he'd most likely have a mainstage slot

rjturtle9
11-03-2012, 03:26 AM
I can now confirm Lamb Of God as a main stage band (unless Randy is sentenced to a long prison term in the Czech Republic then of course they will not play).

I also have heard rumors of the mainstage having more than 4 bands and opening up earlier so that more bands can be added to the festival.

I have not been able to confirm that these bands will play the festival but I am hearing they were in negotiations to play:

Deftones
Rob Zombie
Megadeth
Devin Townsend Project
Motionless In White
Chelsea Grin
Cannibal Corpse

Wow, Mayhem looks a hell of a lot better next year. Rob Zombie headlining doesn't sound like a good idea but at least I like that band and some of the others. Looks promising. I wish they would bring back to side stages though.

Spiner202
11-03-2012, 06:03 AM
I really hope Cannibal Corpse doesn't do this. They have a habit of skipping Toronto lately. Either that, or being put on festivals where it will cost more to see them and they'll play a shorter amount of time.

AnthG
11-03-2012, 06:58 AM

He hated doing Ozzfest though if I recall.

300%_Density
11-03-2012, 07:12 AM
He hated doing Ozzfest though if I recall.

I'm guessing the $ still spent just fine though.

anomynous
11-03-2012, 09:18 AM

I like Mayhem Fest, I love Devin Townsend. SYL actually fits on a metal festival because they're metal. DTP on the other hand.........unless it was exclusively Physicist/Addicted/Deconstruction material, I think they'd be way, way out of place on Mayhem.

With that said, I do hope they're on there so Devin Townsend can actually go to Missouri for once.

Steev
11-03-2012, 10:02 AM
For whatever reason I could see DTP on the Main Stage

W0unds
11-03-2012, 10:45 AM
I think it would be good exposure for Devin Townsend but agree with others that he would seem out of place. The idea of hearing Lucky Animals before Lamb of God takes the stage is quite funny to me though. :lol:

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Wow, Mayhem looks a hell of a lot better next year. Rob Zombie headlining doesn't sound like a good idea but at least I like that band and some of the others. Looks promising. I wish they would bring back to side stages though.

Imo Zombie, Deftones, Megadeth - 1 of those bands most likely won't play. Everyone seems to think Zombie is a headliner. Megadeth is in the studio rushing to get a new album completed for some reason. Maybe one of those bands does Uproar?

dcmetal108
11-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Out of the three I'd see Defttones doing Uproar since Deth and Zombie already have done Mayhem.

Steev
11-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Truthfully a Zombie/Megadeth/Deftones mainstage would sell tickets

Maybe LOG would rather headline the side stage(like they did at Knotfest)

dcmetal108
11-03-2012, 04:42 PM

LOG on sidestage, you know how many people would get killed by the huge pit that would happen on jagged concert. IT WOULD BE AWESOME!

rjturtle9
11-03-2012, 04:43 PM

As much as I want LOG to headline a side stage, I doubt it would happen. They are too popular to not be on the main stage, maybe even a headliner.

RampinUp46
11-03-2012, 04:46 PM
LOG on sidestage, you know how many people would get killed by the huge pit that would happen on jagged concert. IT WOULD BE AWESOME!

So he'll be serving a prison term here and in Europe then...how would that even work?

Steev
11-03-2012, 06:57 PM
As much as I want LOG to headline a side stage, I doubt it would happen. They are too popular to not be on the main stage, maybe even a headliner.

Well didn't they headline the sidestage at Knotfest this summer??

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Well didn't they headline the sidestage at Knotfest this summer??

Yes they did. I would say that having Zombie, Megadeth, Deftones & Log on the same tour is unlikely BUT if Megadeth or LoG chose to headline the small stage it could work. I see Zombie & Deftones as the headliners although Megadeth or LoG are at about the same popularity as the others.

MPF
11-03-2012, 11:01 PM
So he'll be serving a prison term here and in Europe then...how would that even work?

IF.....IF he is convicted.

*This is also why I don't like festival speculation this early, and why normally festivals keep it secret for as long as they can, you never know how will have to back out of a tour.*

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-03-2012, 11:43 PM
IF.....IF he is convicted.

*This is also why I don't like festival speculation this early, and why normally festivals keep it secret for as long as they can, you never know how will have to back out of a tour.*

True. And it could be possible that Megadeth is simply the back up incase LoG cannot play.

Bengals279
11-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I hope the main stage lineup is: Rob Zombie, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Cannibal Corpse and hatebreed. And announce the dates!!!!!

brutal_descent
11-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Someone please explain to me why 99% of you want the same bands over and over again. pls halp me understand

mankvill
11-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Someone please explain to me why 99% of you want the same bands over and over again. pls halp me understand

Because they are entry-level metal listeners

brutal_descent
11-04-2012, 11:12 AM

:( praying 4 u

300%_Density
11-04-2012, 11:13 AM
:( praying 4 u

He's still holding out on hoping Blink 182 and New Found Glory get added last minute. :D

Ommie
11-04-2012, 11:21 AM
He's still holding out on hoping Blink 182 and New Found Glory get added last minute. :D
And Coalesce.

brutal_descent
11-04-2012, 11:23 AM
And Coalesce.

And SNSD.

Ommie
11-04-2012, 11:28 AM
And SNSD.
Come to think of it, Mayhem fest should only have K-Pop artists.

brutal_descent
11-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Come to think of it, Mayhem fest should only have K-Pop artists.

It'd make more money than it does with all of these shitty Top 40 'metal' bands anyway.

mastodon421
11-04-2012, 11:32 AM

I think it's stupid for people wanting bands from 2 years ago. Personally, I think it should be at least 3 years for band to repeat on the Fest. It's the biggest touring metal festival and there is only so many bands that can be in the top 2 spots. They have done a pretty good job of stopping a shitload of repeats happening year after year and I'm sure they will continue that while they still can.

mankvill
11-04-2012, 12:11 PM
It'd make more money than it does with all of these shitty Top 40 'metal' bands anyway.

FUCK YES!

Bengals279
11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
On his twitter kevin lyman said dates wont be announced till december

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-04-2012, 02:26 PM

Or maybe they like different metal bands than you... imagine that!!!

Bengals279
11-04-2012, 02:27 PM
im laughing my ass off by reading your facebook and having everyone complain. And btw thanks for all the info that you have put out rescently

mankvill
11-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Or maybe they like different metal bands than you... imagine that!!!

no probs not

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
no probs not

Lol its funny you hate on Mayhem yet 1/3 of your concert list in your signature have played it lol

mankvill
11-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Lol its funny you hate on Mayhem yet 1/3 of your concert list in your signature have played it lol

and i wouldn't want them to play Mayhem again at all

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-04-2012, 06:07 PM
and i wouldn't want them to play Mayhem again at all

Lol you'll be there with bells on. Someone change the title of this thread to Official Mankhem Fest Thread :D

mankvill
11-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Lol you'll be there with bells on. Someone change the title of this thread to Official Mankhem Fest Thread :D

If Slayer/Motorhead/Anthrax won't get me to go to Mayhem, Dethklok and Megadave won't :P

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-04-2012, 08:01 PM
If Slayer/Motorhead/Anthrax won't get me to go to Mayhem, Dethklok and Megadave won't :P

I would go see Lilith Fair if Slayer/Motorhead/Anthrax was on it. I could arrive late, leave after they play and not care at all about the name of the festival or who else was playing ;)

mankvill
11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I would go see Lilith Fair if Slayer/Motorhead/Anthrax was on it. I could arrive late, leave after they play and not care at all about the name of the festival or who else was playing ;)

well more props to you for wanting to see the same bands over and over!

Ommie
11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
If Slayer/Motorhead/Anthrax won't get me to go to Mayhem, Dethklok and Megadave won't :PNot gonna lie, when I first read this post I thought it meant Mayhem was gonna be on Mayhem fest. :O

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-04-2012, 09:33 PM
well more props to you for wanting to see the same bands over and over!

Motorhead is good and I am a die hard fan of both Slayer and Anthrax. It would all work out well for me.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-05-2012, 08:23 PM
A friend of mine is at the LoG/Hatebreed/In Flames show tonight & told me that In Flames told the crowd they might see them this summer on Mayhem Fest.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-05-2012, 08:37 PM
At this point it looks like the following bands will play Mayhem Fest 2013:

Lamb Of God
Hatebreed
In Flames
Miss May I

Add in Cannibal Corpse & Chelsea Grin and you have the full line up minus the two headliners (who at this point I'm gonna guess are Rob Zombie & Deftones) unless the rumors of them adding other bands are true (other rumored bands are Megadeth, Overkill, Devin Townsend Project, Motionless In White). I have to admit the the repeating of the same bands is getting old.