Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Sepultura69
07-15-2012, 11:36 PM
They are touring in early 2013 ;)

Dear god, sweet jesus you better not be fucking with me, man. :eek:

Xenocide
07-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Fuck man, fuck..

I was really looking forward to this show, i mean super anticipating this shit!! I was so hyped at work on the day of the fest, telling everyone how excited i was for this fest, and how i'm so pumped and super excited to get off and see my favorite metal band of all time. Fucking pisses me off now that the fest is long gone and over. I wish, oh I wish they could have had the Sanbernadino date pushed to somewhere like late july or beginning of august. Atleast that way i would have been back to normal, because when i look back at it now i really wish i enjoyed mayhem fest, if it was this coming this week or sometime next, hell or anytime soon I would be fucking happy as hell and super excited as fuck to see this.. Like you wouldn't even imagine how fucking pumped i would be and how much of a great time i would have and could have had..

The point is, really fucking pisses me off that this fest is now long gone and over with, well at least for me and everyone else that lives in So Cal. This show felt like such a waste of time, and waste of a good day turned lame...oh and money.. :bouville:

damn, i hope slayer can play like a one off date here in cali or something before the year ends, >_>

Wait... did you or didn't you go?

masterguy49
07-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Fuck man, fuck..

I was really looking forward to this show, i mean super anticipating this shit!! I was so hyped at work on the day of the fest, telling everyone how excited i was for this fest, and how i'm so pumped and super excited to get off and see my favorite metal band of all time. Fucking pisses me off now that the fest is long gone and over. I wish, oh I wish they could have had the Sanbernadino date pushed to somewhere like late july or beginning of august. Atleast that way i would have been back to normal, because when i look back at it now i really wish i enjoyed mayhem fest, if it was this coming this week or sometime next, hell or anytime soon I would be fucking happy as hell and super excited as fuck to see this.. Like you wouldn't even imagine how fucking pumped i would be and how much of a great time i would have and could have had..

The point is, really fucking pisses me off that this fest is now long gone and over with, well at least for me and everyone else that lives in So Cal. This show felt like such a waste of time, and waste of a good day turned lame...oh and money.. :bouville:

damn, i hope slayer can play like a one off date here in cali or something before the year ends, >_>

Why did you end up missing it? Did I miss something? :eyes:

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Dear god, sweet jesus you better not be fucking with me, man. :eek:

I'm not. After the new album drops they are supposedly planning a headline tour of the US.

DisposableJustice
07-16-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm not. After the new album drops they are supposedly planning a headline tour of the US.

Best news I've heard all week:rocker:

I hope it's one of those 18-22 song headlining shows

makethemsuffer12
07-16-2012, 09:27 AM
It's about time for a goddamn Slayer headlining tour. Still pissed I didn't see 'em in '07 with Unearth.

Sepultura69
07-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Wait... did you or didn't you go?

Why did you end up missing it? Did I miss something? :eyes:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20772&page=6

Scroll down and you'll eventually find my review, its post #55 :(:hecho:

IrritatedTrout
07-16-2012, 11:00 AM
It's about time for a goddamn Slayer headlining tour. Still pissed I didn't see 'em in '07 with Unearth.

Mastodon opened for Slayer at the Norfolk show in '07 and it was the one weekend that month that I was out of town.:bouville:

TonyD
07-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Mastodon opened for Slayer at the Norfolk show in '07 and it was the one weekend that month that I was out of town.:bouville:

Was that right before Blood Mountain came out?

IrritatedTrout
07-16-2012, 12:11 PM
BM came out in September '06 so it was on that touring cycle.

dcmetal108
07-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Chris MS I'll be at they tinley park show tomorrow so I plan on stopping by and saying hi.

Chris_M_S
07-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Rad, I just set up my tent, chilling on the bus now before doors. See you out there.

kalfitegrdan
07-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Rad, I just set up my tent, chilling on the bus now before doors. See you out there.

BONES!!!

TiradesOfTruth
07-22-2012, 04:20 AM
Chris MS, I will be a the Detroit date today. I will stop by and say hello.

Chris_M_S
07-22-2012, 05:35 AM
FUCKING BONES! Sanford Parker was there yesterday, he produced the record, he was stoked to see the shirt.

Just set up in Detroit, easily the best venue of the tour. It's amazing here. Good day ahead. I hear it sells out every year. I'm probably going to get onstage during 2nd stage to take a picture to send back to my high school reunion, since I'm missing it to do this tour

W0unds
07-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Hey Chris,

Any idea what the deal is with the Darien Lake offdate?

The Livenation site lists Anthrax, Motorhead, Slayer and Slipknot, is this still the case or have any other bands have hopped on board/dropped off?

If it is just the four bands I am hoping we get some longer set times than the traditional Mayhem schedule.

Xenocide
07-22-2012, 08:07 AM
The Darien Lake is an offdate with just those bands. Not sure about the set lengths.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-22-2012, 10:00 AM
I have some news about Mayhem Fest 2013 I will post on Aug 6th after the tour ends.

The St. Louis show was a blast. I got there late and didn't get to say Hi to Chris, that was the only thing I wanted to do that I didn't get done.

BlindGuardian93
07-22-2012, 10:14 AM
I have some news about Mayhem Fest 2013 I will post on Aug 6th after the tour ends.

The St. Louis show was a blast. I got there late and didn't get to say Hi to Chris, that was the only thing I wanted to do that I didn't get done.

Is the news what was posted on your twitter?

InFlamesOfBirchmen
07-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Give us a hint! They can't be cancelling the festival - they had more people there this year than any previous year.

GarageMetal468
07-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Tinley Park was a fun time. Almost got puked on and got my ass kicked during Anthrax and Slayer. It was great meeting Chris as well, thanks for the sunglasses and again, sick Bones shirt! It's a shame my friends and I were the first to recognize it.

Skyline Chili Buoy
07-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Give us a hint! They can't be cancelling the festival - they had more people there this year than any previous year.

I doubt it's being cancelled. I was at the Tinley Park show last night and they were using "Lifetime Passes" for Mayhem Festival if you signed up for the Mayhem Cruise. Not saying it is impossible, that would just be some very shady business practice.

dcmetal108
07-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Yea they giving life time passes for anyone on the cruise and it is way too popular to be cancelled.

And Tinley Park day was awesome. Met Chris and saw Garagemetal again. Ended up having to pick up Garagemetal during Anthrax since he wanted to crowd surf. All bands except the first two were awesome.

DementedX14
07-22-2012, 04:38 PM
I saw more people this year than the last two years I think. Slayer and Slipknot were very cool and fun. Also, Motörhead was very boring.

dcmetal108
07-22-2012, 04:52 PM
I saw more people this year than the last two years I think. Slayer and Slipknot were very cool and fun. Also, Motörhead was very boring.

This. They sounded great musically but I couldn't understand a word Lemmy said inbetween songs and they were boring to watch.

Skyline Chili Buoy
07-22-2012, 05:03 PM

I saw Motörhead at Gigantour earlier in the year and had no desire to see them again. I used their time to find some good merchandise and grab some horrible food to tide me over. I certainly respect their contributions to metal and appreciate the fact that without them, a lot of the metal music today wouldn't exist. With that said, I didn't care to stick around.

NickLed19
07-22-2012, 06:02 PM
This. They sounded great musically but I couldn't understand a word Lemmy said inbetween songs and they were boring to watch.

Agreed, I like the music but they are not great live. The other main stage bands were crazy good.

dcmetal108
07-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Agreed, I like the music but they are not great live. The other main stage bands were crazy good.

I didn't catch AILD since by the time I got to my seats they were leaving the stage

NickLed19
07-22-2012, 08:17 PM
I didn't catch AILD since by the time I got to my seats they were leaving the stage

They killed it.

kalfitegrdan
07-22-2012, 08:44 PM
I personally thought Motorhead was the second best band on the main stage (aside from Slayer obviously), although you really couldn't understand a thing Lemmy was saying. I thought AILD was really boring and Slipknot was fucking terrible.

dcmetal108
07-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Slipknot was fucking incredible.

Skyline Chili Buoy
07-22-2012, 09:12 PM
They killed it.

Yes they did. As I Lay Dying put on an amazing performance, and this is coming from a person who has never been a HUGE fan of them. I think I need to revisit that.

GarageMetal468
07-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Ended up having to pick up Garagemetal during Anthrax since he wanted to crowd surf.

:D

Thanks for that! I had a few people high fiving me when I was walking back to the crowd, I guess I was the first to crowd surf for Anthrax!

TheDeadPanda
07-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Yes they did. As I Lay Dying put on an amazing performance, and this is coming from a person who has never been a HUGE fan of them. I think I need to revisit that.

Their lead singer is a damn monster. He's huge.

Chris_M_S
07-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Not sure if you saw, but I got up onstage just before Anthrax went on for a few minutes to pose for some pictures. I'm missing my high school reunion to do this tour and they asked us to send in a picture of what we're up to now, so I sent a picture of me onstage in front of a sold out crowd, that'll show 'em

dcmetal108
07-23-2012, 04:29 PM
:D

Thanks for that! I had a few people high fiving me when I was walking back to the crowd, I guess I was the first to crowd surf for Anthrax!

No problem. You were the first one. I went shortly after you did I just didn't know if you realized who it was that was picking you up.

XDoomsayerX
07-23-2012, 11:18 PM
I personally thought Motorhead was the second best band on the main stage (aside from Slayer obviously), although you really couldn't understand a thing Lemmy was saying. I thought AILD was really boring and Slipknot was fucking terrible.

??? Where you in seats? Cuz that is no way to enjoy these bands. Saw LOG like that at Mayhem and what a bore-fucking-fest. Motorhead sounded solid live when I saw em but they ain't my thing.

kalfitegrdan
07-24-2012, 01:35 AM
??? Where you in seats? Cuz that is no way to enjoy these bands. Saw LOG like that at Mayhem and what a bore-fucking-fest. Motorhead sounded solid live when I saw em but they ain't my thing.

Naw, man. Lawn. I just can't get into bands like AILD. I don't know why. They had pretty good energy though, I'll give 'em that. I don't really like Slipknot in the first place, but a number of other factors contributed to me not liking their show.

I saw LOG at Mayhem (from the lawn) as well and thought they were pretty boring despite being a pretty big fan, but then again I felt the same the first time I saw them which was in a theater.

dcmetal108
07-24-2012, 10:18 AM
My seats which were about 20 feet the stage were amazing but I almost passed out from heat exhaustion multiple times since every time they did pyro it made the area by me feel like its about 120 degrees.

Nickweiser
07-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Not sure if you saw, but I got up onstage just before Anthrax went on for a few minutes to pose for some pictures. I'm missing my high school reunion to do this tour and they asked us to send in a picture of what we're up to now, so I sent a picture of me onstage in front of a sold out crowd, that'll show 'em

badass my friend!

Nickweiser
07-24-2012, 10:57 AM
i must been the only one that enjoyed the mainstage front to back. As I Lay Dying always brings it live and put 98% of the rest of metalcore out of its misery.

Motorhead is a stationary performance, but it's all about the music. I must have decen hearing cause i had no problem hearing what he was sayin in between tunes.

6th time seeing Slipknot and 5th seeing Slayer and honestly my fav sets from both of them yet. Both had a mixture of known songs and lesser known songs.
Corey Taylor was in top form vocally as was the rest of the Knot. Their stage set up was very impressive. Hearing Gently and Sulphur live for my first time was splendid. Tom Araya doing the AOD scream was incredible! Great to see he is doing it again. Honorable mentions to them playing Die By The Sword, Altar Of Sacrifice, Jesus Saves. and Seasons in full! Songs ive never heard em play live or not play often. and Gary Holt from Exodus walked damn hard filling in for Hanneman. Just sayin.

Bands i heard and saw bits and pieces of that didnt do anything for me. Asking Alexandra. The Devil Wears Prada. Betraying The Martyrs. Sorry dudes.

Whitechapel seem to get a lot of hate but i thought they put on an excellent show. Met them at their signing after their set

Anthrax was fuckin amazing as always. Yes it was a very basic hits set but with 40 mins you gotta be dumb if your expecting the "deep cuts". They said they will be back in Sept at the Vic. WINNING

hellawaits77ny
07-25-2012, 04:36 AM
Gary Holt from Exodus walked damn hard filling in for Hanneman

Walk bold

Chris_M_S
07-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Here's the aforementioned onstage in Detroit pic

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/561131_10100929641572727_611343043_n.jpg

dcmetal108
07-26-2012, 09:48 PM
That is awesome.

TiradesOfTruth
07-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Dude I was gonna come say hi but I pre occupied with some friends who ended up in the med tent lol. But yeah cool picture.

TonyD
07-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Where did you get the ultimateguitar shirt?

xskizzelzx90x
07-26-2012, 10:51 PM
that pic is badass dude.
oh and does anyone know all the times for the pittsburgh show?

Xenocide
07-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Sumerian Stage
Local Headbang For The Highway Battle Of The Bands Winner 2:30 - 2:50
Dirtfedd 3:15 - 3:35
Upon A Burning Body 4:10 - 4:30
Betraying The Martyrs 5:05 - 5:25
Local Headbang For The Highway Battle Of The Bands Winner 6:05 - 6:25
Jagermeister Stage
Ventana 1:30 - 1:50
I The Breather 2:05 - 2:30
White Chapel 2:45 - 3:15
The Devil Wears Prada 3:35 - 4:10
As I Lay Dying 4:30 - 5:05
Anthrax 5:25 - 6:05
Main Stage
Asking Alexandria 6:05 - 6:35
Motorhead 6:55 - 7:45
Slayer 8:15 - 9:15
Slipknot 9:45 - 10:55

Chris_M_S
07-28-2012, 06:15 AM
Where did you get the ultimateguitar shirt?

It was in the swag bag at Golden Gods this year

street_burial
07-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Hey Chris it was cool meeting you dude

TonyD
07-29-2012, 01:00 PM
It was in the swag bag at Golden Gods this year

Look at you all VIP and shit.

stylesclash516
07-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Was cool talking to you in Pittsburgh Chris. I kind of feel bad for you since you have to sit through the Sumerian bands all day. :tongue:

Chris_M_S
07-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Pittsburgh was a rainy blur, I think we had quite a few beers in the tent that day. That was also the final day for the Revolver tent band, PDP, who would fly in on the weekends and jam in the tent on 8-strings, so we went pretty hard in their honor at that show. I'm down to barely any merch left, Metal Blade just wants me to sell through what I have left, which is mostly sweatpants, shorts (basketball and booty), sunglasses, AILD CDs, and S/M shirts. That's about it. Oh, and beach towels.

Xenocide
07-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Chris I'll be buying some stuff in Mansfield. Gotta get me some booty shorts to throw on during Motorhead :horns:

Chris_M_S
07-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Hell yeah, I gotta sell them shits. I have ones that say METAL on the butt and ones that say XXX (for the 30th anniversary of Metal Blade)

mastodon421
07-31-2012, 06:54 AM
Chris I'll probably come say what's up at some point in time during the day in Mansfield.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-31-2012, 10:15 AM
The tour is over in a few days. First page updated with a bit of 2013 speculation. I was going to wait a few days to post this but I will be offline for a while.

treghet
07-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Oh god. This year's tour isn't even over and we're speculating for 2013?

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Oh god. This year's tour isn't even over and we're speculating for 2013?

You are in the Mayhem Fest thread... and tour organizers are all ready revealing bands they want for 2013... so yeah...

treghet
07-31-2012, 10:38 AM
You are in the Mayhem Fest thread... and tour organizers are all ready revealing bands they want for 2013... so yeah...

Oh wow, I didn't realize that, thanks! You said "speculation", just so you know. Tour organizers giving information is a little different from that, so maybe you should have clarified.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Oh wow, I didn't realize that, thanks! You said "speculation", just so you know. Tour organizers giving information is a little different from that, so maybe you should have clarified.

Lol true but its mostly speculation mixed with an official interview with John Reese and a few items passed along from trusted sources. They opened the floodgate this year a bit too early imo lol

stylesclash516
07-31-2012, 11:06 AM
I swear if John Reese says "we're trying to get Rammstein" for the 5th year in a row then I give up on Mayhem Festival.

mankvill
07-31-2012, 11:15 AM
I swear if John Reese says "we're trying to get Rammstein" for the 5th year in a row then I give up on Mayhem Festival.

Rammstein will never open for another band, and they will never play for just an hour.

Also these people speculating that there will be all these super metal bands are stupid. Look at what fest you're talking about.

mastodon421
07-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah with the possible exception of System of A Down none of those first-tier bands were ever do Mayhem Fest. I think something like a Rob Zombie/Deftones co-headliner would be solid and bring back two legit side stages instead of having some label half-ass a second stage with the shittier bands from their label.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Rammstein will never open for another band, and they will never play for just an hour.

Also these people speculating that there will be all these super metal bands are stupid. Look at what fest you're talking about.

I agree to an extent. I think getting Rammstein or SoaD is possible but I wouldn't bet on it. However, since they are now giving up one of the small stages/bands and directing that money towards a more popular headliner, it is a possibility. However, expect only one.

I think Deftones would be a good headliner. I can easily see Deftones, LoG, KsE with Korn or Rob Zombie headlining. If a bigger named band headliner, I would expect two out of the 3...

Mainstage:
Rammstein
Deftones
KsE

Jager Stage Headliner:
Hatebreed

Rotating Bands:
Cannibal Corpse
Bring Me the Horizon
Suicide Silence

Opening Bands:
Gojira
Baroness

That would be totally feasible IF they only use one stage. If they use a lesser priced headliner (Korn or Rob Zombie) I would expect Lamb of God, KsE AND Deftones (or bands of that stature) along with some other bands and a second small stage but who really knows for sure. They really change their format up if you look at how the festival is ran every few years.

Sanitarium78
07-31-2012, 04:58 PM

Why not? Both Slayer and Megadeth have done that. If Rammstein somehow thinks that they are above that in anyway then the band has some serious issues.

I agree to an extent. I think getting Rammstein or SoaD is possible but I wouldn't bet on it. However, since they are now giving up one of the small stages/bands and directing that money towards a more popular headliner, it is a possibility. However, expect only one.

I think Deftones would be a good headliner. I can easily see Deftones, LoG, KsE with Korn or Rob Zombie headlining. If a bigger named band headliner, I would expect two out of the 3...

Mainstage:
Rammstein
Deftones
KsE

Jager Stage Headliner:
Hatebreed

Rotating Bands:
Cannibal Corpse
Bring Me the Horizon
Suicide Silence

Opening Bands:
Gojira
Baroness

AKA: The year mayhem festival goes under due to bad ticket sales:lol:

If you think that lineup would be able to fill up the venues mayhem plays every year you're kidding yourself. Rammstein just isn't that popular or that big of a draw. Sure, they've filled some arenas in north america recently but that's just because fans are traveling to see them since it so rare that they tour here. You're not gonna get all those people to follow them on the 30 something dates mayhem does over the summer.

stylesclash516
07-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Why not? Both Slayer and Megadeth have done that. If Rammstein somehow thinks that they are above that in anyway then the band has some serious issues. If you think that lineup would be able to fill up the venues mayhem plays every year you're kidding yourself. Rammstein just isn't that popular or that big of a draw. Sure, they've filled some arenas in north america recently but that's just because fans are traveling to see them since it so rare that they tour here. You're not gonna get all those people to follow them on the 30 something dates mayhem does over the summer.

With all due respect to Megadeth & Slayer, Rammstein drew more people alone than Megadeth & Slayer did on their tour together. Rammstein's latest US tour was 21 dates and all of them were arena shows that sold very well. Besides, the Mayhem Festival organizers have tried to get Rammstein on the bill since 2009 but can't afford to pay for 36 semi-trucks and 6 buses to travel to 30 dates.

Oh any by the way, arguing that Rammstein is on Mayhem Fest 2013 is pointless anyway since the band themselves have confirmed they are touring Europe in the Summer of 2013.

slapguitarer
07-31-2012, 05:28 PM
People who think SOAD or Rammstein will ever do Mayhem have one too many chromosomes.

Sanitarium78
07-31-2012, 05:29 PM
With all due respect to Megadeth & Slayer, Rammstein drew more people alone than Megadeth & Slayer did on their tour together. Rammstein's latest US tour was 21 dates and all of them were arena shows that sold very well. Besides, the Mayhem Festival organizers have tried to get Rammstein on the bill since 2009 but can't afford to pay for 36 semi-trucks and 6 buses to travel to 30 dates.

The reason Rammstein drew so well is because they never tour here so fans were eager to see them. There were probably many who went to more than one show as well. Slayer and Megadeth have toured here so much that the fans are not gonna have the same kind of enthusiasm when it comes to seeing them. Get Rammstein to tour here as often as Megadeth and Slayer do and the will probably draw around the same those two do on their own. Also, if Megadeth and Slayer only toured here once ever ten years like Rammstein, they would both be able to fill arenas on their own. Rammstein isn't really that popular, it's just the rariety of them touring here that is getting them to fill arenas.

dcmetal108
07-31-2012, 05:50 PM
I really really hope Deftones aren't a headliner if they played. Personally I think closing the show with them would be a terrible move.

Plus I really don't like them.

Also it'd be a cool move if next year they actually had a headlining set for someone on side stage. That spot should go to KSE next year. Talk about drawing a crowd.

stylesclash516
07-31-2012, 05:58 PM
The reason Rammstein drew so well is because they never tour here so fans were eager to see them. There were probably many who went to more than one show as well. Slayer and Megadeth have toured here so much that the fans are not gonna have the same kind of enthusiasm when it comes to seeing them. Get Rammstein to tour here as often as Megadeth and Slayer do and the will probably draw around the same those two do on their own. Also, if Megadeth and Slayer only toured here once ever ten years like Rammstein, they would both be able to fill arenas on their own. Rammstein isn't really that popular, it's just the rarity of them touring here that is getting them to fill arenas.

Rammstein actually did a 9 date tour in 2011 then came back in 2012 to do 21 more dates. So the 2012 tour wasn't their first in ten years, plus if you want to be technical there was the 3 date tour in 2010 which spanned from the US and Canada. I would also argue that it's not just the "rarity" of seeing them that fills up arenas. Manowar haven't done a full tour of the US in years but that doesn't mean they can fill arenas all of a sudden. Lastly, I would also argue that Rammstein is actually popular considering in South America (Mexico as well) & Europe they sellout the same venues that the entire Big 4 does, sometimes multiple nights in one stadium.

energymetal14
07-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Why not? Both Slayer and Megadeth have done that. If Rammstein somehow thinks that they are above that in anyway then the band has some serious issues.

I think part of the reason they would never open is cause their stage production is so huge, there's no way they could take everything down for another band to go on after. Although I'm not a fan of them, I know there are plenty of diehard fans and a lot of people will pay to see them.

On another note, i really don't want to speculate for next year, as I haven't even been to my date yet for this year haha. But, I would LOVE if Deftones were on there cause I am a big fan and still haven't seen them. Alice in Chains would be cool too, but I have seen them already so I wouldn't really push for them. But the lineup will have to be INSANE with a decent number of bands I havent seen but really want to for me to go, its just so expensive and I've kinda lost interest in summer amphitheater shows.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-31-2012, 10:11 PM
At 9:20 of this interview the Rammstein guitarist states they are playing Euro festivals in the summer of 2013:

http://soundcloud.com/nocontrolradio/ncr-rammstein-interview-4-20

It should be noted that things can change between since this interview was recorded. I recall Judas Priest reuniting with Halford and signing on to play Euro festivals in the summer of 2004 until Ozzfest had an offer they could not refuse.
I'm not sure Mayhem Fest would make Rammstein an offier like that.

Rammstein has the popularity to sell out several large venues in the Northern and West Coast of the US but I don not believe that they would fair as well in the Mid Western or Southern region of the country. A tour like Mayhem Fest could expose them to a different audience who may not have been willing to give them much of a chance.

I really think Rammstein is a possibility but not as likely as SoaD. I think SoaD, Korn or Rob Zombie will headline Mayhem Fest 2013, one of those three bands... but I'm not entirely counting Rammstein out yet.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah with the possible exception of System of A Down none of those first-tier bands were ever do Mayhem Fest. I think something like a Rob Zombie/Deftones co-headliner would be solid and bring back two legit side stages instead of having some label half-ass a second stage with the shittier bands from their label.

I think Zombie/Deftones would be awesome.

Main Stage:
Rob Zombie
Deftones
Lamb Of God

Jager Headliner:
Killswitch Engage

Rotating Bands:
Bring Me The Horizon
Hatebreed
Suicide Silence

Opening Bands:
Baroness
Chelsea Grin

That is probably a more likely line up than the other one I posted.

dcmetal108
08-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Please take Bring Me The Horizion off it.

I also don't see Baroness doing it.

Chelsea Grin would even end up on All Stars Tour or Warped.

Xenocide
08-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Please take Bring Me The Horizion off it.

You act like the bands he predicts are going to magically appear on the festival.

TiradesOfTruth
08-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Let's face Mayhem knows how to get the shitty bands lol. I don't see why either of those two bands could be on it.

Xenocide
08-01-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't get why people act like there's a difference between the type of metal that plays Warped and the type that plays Mayhem. There's a ton of sharing. 2008 had Black Tide and Underoath, 2009 had Bullet for my Valentine, 2010 had Norma Jean and Atreyu, 2011 had Straight Line Stitch and Suicide Silence, 2012 has The Devil Wears Prada and Asking Alexandria....

Yeah, I'm not seeing much of a difference. Both BMTH and Chelsea Grin are very possible but it's definitely way too early for speculation.

dcmetal108
08-01-2012, 12:15 PM
It is too early but like he said they already start booking bands early and he has been true enough times to trust him.

They need to go the 2009 route with bands. Alot of heavy stuff with little core.

TheDeadPanda
08-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Just throwing this out there, people won't like it but avenged sevenfold will headline it eventually. I dont know about next year or not but they'll have their turn.

brutal_descent
08-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Just throwing this out there, people won't like it but avenged sevenfold will headline it eventually. I dont know about next year or not but they'll have their turn.

When was the last time they toured? I haven't heard anything about them since Uproar last year.

NickLed19
08-01-2012, 01:04 PM
A7X is taking a break and will start recording a new album soon. I think they will headline next year. I can see it being A7X/Korn or Zombie.

RampinUp46
08-01-2012, 01:21 PM
When was the last time they toured? I haven't heard anything about them since Uproar last year.

I believe they toured in December last year with Asking Alexandria and Black Fail Brides.

Chris_M_S
08-02-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm baffled that people come up to me daily asking when High on Fire is playing, and then say "They're the only reason I came!" If you like them so much, wouldn't you keep up on their news? AMIRITE

ShatteredFlame
08-02-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm baffled that people come up to me daily asking when High on Fire is playing, and then say "They're the only reason I came!" If you like them so much, wouldn't you keep up on their news? AMIRITE

If you check the High On Fire facebook page, some event app that didn't get the memo is stupidly posting that HOF is playing in your area tonight.

Xenocide
08-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Just got back from Mansfield

Fuckin' A is all I've got to say.

Steev
08-04-2012, 06:18 AM
People who think SOAD or Rammstein will ever do Mayhem have one too many chromosomes.

This, truthfully I think it'll be Avenged Sevenfold and Lamb Of God

Steev
08-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Also id laugh if Serj Tankian played next year

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Also id laugh if Serj Tankian played next year

Talk about a slap in the face to everyone who wants SoaD lol

Xenocide
08-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Mansfield show review: http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?p=480650#post480650

Steev
08-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Talk about a slap in the face to everyone who wants SoaD lol

Exactly, hilarious

Chris_M_S
08-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Well, it's all over. Insane show in Hartford yesterday, big storms, mud pits, total chaos as we're trying to load out. So it goes. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and said what's up, maybe I'll see you fools again next year. Or maybe on another tour before then, who knows?

SLAYER.

dtgamerat
08-06-2012, 07:25 AM
That RockandMetalNewz guy is already starting to spread his "rumored" bullshit. :finger2:

Xenocide
08-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Well, it's all over. Insane show in Hartford yesterday, big storms, mud pits, total chaos as we're trying to load out. So it goes. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and said what's up, maybe I'll see you fools again next year. Or maybe on another tour before then, who knows?

SLAYER.

I'll be there if I like the lineup, thanks for the sunglasses lol

detuned
08-06-2012, 08:33 AM
That RockandMetalNewz guy is already starting to spread his "rumored" bullshit. :finger2:

UGH. you'd think mayhem would/could do something about stopping this shit.

treghet
08-06-2012, 08:51 AM

Who is he and why should anybody care about what he says?

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Who is he and why should anybody care about what he says?

Its basically a few rumors going around he lifted off the first page of this thread. It wouldn't be bad except that he needs to post a disclaimer that his page is run by a fan and not official.

treghet
08-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Its basically a few rumors going around he lifted off the first page of this thread. It wouldn't be bad except that he needs to post a disclaimer that his page is run by a fan and not official.

And link to the site.

Namaste
08-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Anyone want to take a guess at what the 20 to 25 bands that John Reese is referring to?

Rockstar Mayhem Festival, the 26-city heavy-metal bash coming to the Idaho Center Amphitheater on July 4, is an annual destination for headbangers.

Organizers expect 8,000 to 9,000 fans to show up next week in Nampa. Yet heading into the event's fifth year, it's becoming trickier to book the festival's two headliners. That's clear from this year's bill, which is topped by Slipknot and Slayer. Both are major acts with diehard fan bases. But both have played previous MayhemFests.

"The very, very top of the bill are the two hardest slots to pick," event producer John Reese told me Monday. "Because to draw 10,000 to 30,000 people, there has to be some commercial crossover aspect of it."

There are 20 to 25 bands on the planet that have the drawing power to headline MayhemFest, Reese said, so you have to expect repeat acts. That said, he's already working on the 2013 bill for MayhemFest and seeking fresh blood.

Reese mentioned one potential future act that fired me up: Rammstein.
"I'm gonna try like hell," Reese said. "I tried to get them last year."

That would be, in a word, awesome. Rammstein doesn't tour the States all that often. It would be an opportunity for massive North American festival exposure. And to mix things up at MayhemFest. And to make local fire departments panic.

Source: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/06/26/mdeeds/mayhem_festival_who_should_headline_future_years

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 11:10 AM
And link to the site.

I hope you mean some other site besides this one. We have a solid group of posters here imo and if he linked we'd have half the mayhem fest board members over here. This site deserves attention & recognition but that could ruin the forums imo.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Anyone want to take a guess at what the 20 to 25 bands that John Reese is referring to?

Source: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/06/26/mdeeds/mayhem_festival_who_should_headline_future_years

Lol

Here's a list of bands that could headline or play as main support on Mayhem or Uproar... of course several of these would likely decline because they don't need those tours:

Metallica
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Tool
Rammstein
GN'R
SoaD
Slipknot
Ozzy Osbourne solo
Motley Crue
Linkin Park
Korn
Disturbed
Godsmack
Rob Zombie
Judas Priest
Shinedown
A7X
Slayer
Deftones
Marilyn Manson
Lamb Of God
Megadeth
KsE
5FDP
Evanescence

dcmetal108
08-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I don't see Deftones being able to draw a amplitheater crowd as headliner.

A Disturbed reunion would though.

treghet
08-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I hope you mean some other site besides this one. We have a solid group of posters here imo and if he linked we'd have half the mayhem fest board members over here. This site deserves attention & recognition but that could ruin the forums imo.

I just assumed he had a wider readership than that. :lol:

Xenocide
08-06-2012, 11:59 AM

He blocks anyone who calls him on his bullshit

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I don't see Deftones being able to draw a amplitheater crowd as headliner.

A Disturbed reunion would though.

Som of those bands obviously can't be the main headliner. With that said, Deftones draws about what LoG does in my area, making them 2nd or 3rd band from the top material imo.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 12:35 PM
He blocks anyone who calls him on his bullshit

He always treats me okay & thats all I can go by.

mankvill
08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
the gayest shit of all time is the amount of speculation that goes into this shitty, only-sometimes-halfway-decent tour right as soon as the year previous ends.

treghet
08-06-2012, 12:41 PM
the gayest shit of all time is the amount of speculation that goes into this shitty, only-sometimes-halfway-decent tour right as soon as the year previous ends.

qft

I will say this year was better than the last couple, but still nothing worthy of the amount of attention it gets.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 01:18 PM

And #2 on that list is people who are not fans of the tour chiming in this thread with negative comments... just saying. For me personally there are only so many hours in the day and I'll be damned if I am gonna waste one of them on something I don't really like if I can help it.

dcmetal108
08-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Lol

Here's a list of bands that could headline or play as main support on Mayhem or Uproar... of course several of these would likely decline because they don't need those tours:

Metallica
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Tool
Rammstein
GN'R
SoaD
Slipknot
Ozzy Osbourne solo Maybe
Motley Crue
Linkin Park
Korn
Disturbed
Godsmack
Rob Zombie
Judas Priest
Shinedown
A7X
Slayer
Deftones
Marilyn Manson
Lamb Of God
Megadeth
KsE
5FDP
Evanescence

Those are the only bands I think could be headliner.Realistically !

NickLed19
08-06-2012, 01:41 PM
And #2 on that list is people who are not fans of the tour chiming in this thread with negative comments... just saying. For me personally there are only so many hours in the day and I'll be damned if I am gonna waste one of them on something I don't really like if I can help it.

Can't argue with that.

Steev
08-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Honestly now that the Rammstein comments are out I see one of two scenarios:
1) they don't do it and no matter what the lineup is people bitch
2) they do play and as a result significantly lesser known bands play(ala Sumerian Stage) in order to afford Rammstein, and people bitch yet again

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Honestly now that the Rammstein comments are out I see one of two scenarios:
1) they don't do it and no matter what the lineup is people bitch
2) they do play and as a result significantly lesser known bands play(ala Sumerian Stage) in order to afford Rammstein, and people bitch yet again

Thats it. If SoaD or Rammstein play that is exactly what would happen UNLESS other possible bands decide to lower their price realizing the exposure they would receive. So many possible outcomes, so many intangibles (Like Randy from LoG's situation) - it truely will be interesting to see what happens.

dcmetal108
08-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Rammstein plays the fest goes into debt and it turns into 3 bands on mainstage and 3 bands in the lot. All of which are Sumerian owned.

AnthG
08-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Rammstein's been touring the US solid in bunches for the last couple of years now. Their last leg had like 20 dates or something didn't it? I don't see the benefit to them playing 1 hour on Mayhem in cities which they've already played recently. It's not like they have a new album out or anything. Is their greatest hits album enough to ride on for promotion? A few of those cities they've done more than 1 show (they did 3 shows in Montreal since December 2010, all of which I believe were sold out), but I don't know if there'd be that type of demand in every city. There's just too many reasons for them not to do it.

Xenocide
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Hasn't Rammstein been ruled out?

brutal_descent
08-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Hasn't Rammstein been ruled out?

They should be. They're playing Wacken.

inb4 someone reminds me that Trivium skipped two dates in 2011 to play Wacken. They weren't the headliners for the tour therefore they could afford to drop off a few dates.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM
They should be. They're playing Wacken.

inb4 someone reminds me that Trivium skipped two dates in 2011 to play Wacken. They weren't the headliners for the tour therefore they could afford to drop off a few dates.

I do not think they will play. Its not impossible though. I recall in 2004 Judas Priest reunited with Halford and was signed for every big Euro festival then cancelled them all for Ozzfest. In that reunion tour I think Priest was in huge demand. I don't think Rammstein would do as well in some of the mid west or southern states without Mayhem Fest but overall they don't need Mayhem Fest near as much as Mayhem Fest needs Rammstein.

I believe (just a guess) that the top choices for the Mayhem Fest organizers pick as main headliner will be SoaD, Alice In Chains, Korn then Rob Zombie.

The seconday headliners would likely be Deftones, 5FDP, LoG, KsE.

The one thing I gathered from the interview with Reese is that they are looking for bands with some commercial appeal that yet to play the fest.

dcmetal108
08-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Alice In Chains would be cool. If it was Uproar tour. I don't see them fitting in with the Mayhem crowd and bands.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see Mayhem Fest try to retour Blackdismondskye. They already did Tattoo the Earth & Manson/Slayer as far as having those tours headliners tour together again under Mayhem Fest.

stylesclash516
08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
For those that still think there is a chance of Rammstein playing Mayhem Festival, in 2010 Rammstein agreed to play a Summer festival in the Netherlands called Pinkpop. The cost for Rammstein to play that festival was 1.5 million Euros, equaling 1.85 million dollars. That is around how much it would cost per date for Rammstein to play Mayhem Festival. The band has also gone on record saying they refuse to play various South Eastern states (some of which Mayhem Festival goes to) because of how much protest they get and when they played said states in 2001 they even received death threats.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 04:40 PM
For those that still think there is a chance of Rammstein playing Mayhem Festival, in 2010 Rammstein agreed to play a Summer festival in the Netherlands called Pinkpop. The cost for Rammstein to play that festival was 1.5 million Euros, equaling 1.85 million dollars. That is around how much it would cost per date for Rammstein to play Mayhem Festival. The band has also gone on record saying they refuse to play various South Eastern states (some of which Mayhem Festival goes to) because of how much protest they get and when they played said states in 2001 they even received death threats.

Regardless of the death threats I don't see Rammstein willing to play a stripped down show just for Mayhem Fest. I have yet to see them live but their stage production interests me as much as, if not more than their music. A stripped down Rammstein set (all Mayhem could afford) would likely make the tour lose walk in/last minute ticket sales once word got out after the first few shows.

Xenocide
08-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Only likely possible headliners I can think of for next year are Avenged Sevenfold, Tool, and only possible coheadliners I can think of are Rob Zombie or Korn.

Unless they go more of a hard rock route like in 2008 or 2011 and throw on Staind as a coheadliner.

slapguitarer
08-06-2012, 04:46 PM
I think Alice in Chains is fair game. They're on the same level of metal as Godsmack or Rob Zombie. I think their last album was heavier than anything Godsmack or Rob Zombie has done.

Xenocide
08-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Ah forgot about Alice In Chains, that'd be awesome

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Only likely possible headliners I can think of for next year are Avenged Sevenfold, Tool, and only possible coheadliners I can think of are Rob Zombie or Korn.

Unless they go more of a hard rock route like in 2008 or 2011 and throw on Staind as a coheadliner.

I think A7X/5FDP are likely for Uproar next year. I may be wrong but I don't believe A7X is heavy enough for Mayhem Fest. I know Godsmack/Disturbed aren't much heavier but if they drift towards more hard rock not only does it stray from their fanbase even more (nu, death, core) but for those who can only afford one concert to go to (damn you poor economy) this could make them choose between Mayhem & Uproar which they probably don't want to happen.

brutal_descent
I think Alice in Chains is fair game. They're on the same level of metal as Godsmack or Rob Zombie. I think their last album was heavier than anything Godsmack or Rob Zombie has done.

:fist:

stylesclash516
Regardless of the death threats I don't see Rammstein willing to play a stripped down show just for Mayhem Fest. I have yet to see them live but their stage production interests me as much as, if not more than their music. A stripped down Rammstein set (all Mayhem could afford) would likely make the tour lose walk in/last minute ticket sales once word got out after the first few shows.

I agree completely, all six members have said in separate interviews that they refuse to play anywhere unless they can bring the full stage show (including the US). Not to mention how much the whole show would cost should John Reese magically figure out a way to put on the whole stage show. A German magazine interviewed one of Rammstein's roadies and he said for each US tour date they have to bring their own generators because with as much power as they use it would shut down half of an entire city just for Rammstein to play a concert. Of course this would cost an insane amount of money that John Reese just can't afford.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 04:56 PM
I agree completely, all six members have said in separate interviews that they refuse to play anywhere unless they can bring the full stage show (including the US). Not to mention how much the whole show would cost should John Reese magically figure out a way to put on the whole stage show. A German magazine interviewed one of Rammstein's roadies and he said for each US tour date they have to bring their own generators because with as much power as they use it would shut down half of an entire city just for Rammstein to play a concert. Of course this would cost an insane amount of money that John Reese just can't afford.

One thing we do have to acknowledge is that if Reese is persuasive he could possibly talk Live Nation into giving him more $. Afterall this was their biggest year yet.

brutal_descent
08-06-2012, 04:57 PM

I mean, for fuck's sake; Mayhem Festival has been at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View here every time, and Maiden couldn't fit their entire stage show on it. If Maiden can't, do you really expect Rammstein to be able to?

dcmetal108
08-06-2012, 05:01 PM
I mean, for fuck's sake; Mayhem Festival has been at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View here every time, and Maiden couldn't fit their entire stage show on it. If Maiden can't, do you really expect Rammstein to be able to?

This. I mean the headliner has got to have a stage show but it has to be within reason.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 05:02 PM

I agree. Another problem they would face in most amphitheaters.

I really think SoaD is the band they will go after the hardest. Rammstein is more of a goal of the tour organizers.

Xenocide
08-06-2012, 05:04 PM
I may be wrong but I don't believe A7X is heavy enough for Mayhem Fest.

Not to come off as a dick but I think you're very wrong about that. Mayhem is definitely metal-themed but it seems like the organizers have little to no problem putting hard rock bands on it. Also, A7X already played a few dates of MayhemFest back in 2010. I was at one of them.

stylesclash516
08-06-2012, 05:07 PM
I agree. Another problem they would face in most amphitheaters.

I really think SoaD is the band they will go after the hardest. Rammstein is more of a goal of the tour organizers.

I'll agree again and say if it's between those two SOAD would be the better bet because they cost less than half per show than Rammstein (SOAD gets $600,000 per show on a touring festival). Plus, as much as I love Rammstein (they're my favorite band) I have to admit that in the US SOAD would have a bit more of a draw.

brutal_descent
08-06-2012, 05:07 PM
I may be wrong but I don't believe A7X is heavy enough for Mayhem Fest.

Please. They've had DragonForce, Airbourne, Black Tide, and In This Moment on the line-up before :lol:

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Please. They've had DragonForce, Airbourne, Black Tide, and In This Moment on the line-up before :lol:

And most of those are heavier than A7X imo. I was mainly referring to the headline acts... Slipknot, Manson, Godsmack, Slayer, KsE, Megadeth, Disturbed, LoG...

brutal_descent
08-06-2012, 05:13 PM
And most of those are heavier than A7X imo. I was mainly referring to the headline acts... Slipknot, Manson, Godsmack, Slayer, KsE, Megadeth, Disturbed, LoG...

I'd argue that Manson is far from being as heavy as Avenged Sevenfold, actually. Even a song like 'Welcome to the Family' is heavier than 'The Beautiful People'.

treghet
08-06-2012, 05:16 PM
I didn't know Marilyn Manson was considered heavy.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 05:18 PM
@xeno I forgot about the one off shows

@styles SoaD headlined Ozzfest 06 for $320,000 per show I believe

@brutal Manson is a bit heavier imo, I think Superstar & Golden Age is heavier than anything by A7X since the album before City of Evil. Also Manson is better known & heavier image wise - and image unfortunately plays a bigger role than most us would like to admit from the tour organizers perspectives.

brutal_descent
08-06-2012, 05:19 PM

Nor did I :lol:

stylesclash516
08-06-2012, 05:20 PM
@styles SoaD headlined Ozzfest 06 for $320,000 per show I believe

I was told that their rates had gone up recently due to the whole "reunion" gimmick.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 05:20 PM

Compared to MOST radio rock/Uproar type bands they are heavy. Against the likes of Slayer, Slipknot, etc of course not.

Xenocide
08-06-2012, 05:21 PM
A7X has more selling power nowadays than Manson

They blew up huge in 2010/2011, around the same time as Asking Alexandria

dcmetal108
08-06-2012, 05:41 PM
A7X has tons more selling power than Manson as A7X's last tour was doing indoor arenas and Mansons was almost a club tour.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 05:49 PM
A7X has more selling power nowadays than Manson

They blew up huge in 2010/2011, around the same time as Asking Alexandria

No argument there. I just think Manson is as likely to play Uproar as A7X is to headline Mayhem which in my opinion is not very likely. They could do it but why swap bands? Mayhem is more of a metal tour and Uproar is more of a hard rock tour. I think Disturbed, Godsmack, 5FDP blur the line to most casual fans but A7X, to me, seems like an Uproar band but its possible they could headline Mayhem Fest... I just don't believe they will... at least not yet.

Steev
08-06-2012, 05:50 PM
I wonder if people remember that A7X did one Mayhem date in 2010, its not impossible

Throw in KSE or LOG(or both) and that'd fill venues

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 05:52 PM
I wonder if people remember that A7X did one Mayhem date in 2010, its not impossible

Throw in KSE or LOG(or both) and that'd fill venues

Alot of pissed of fans. LoG/A7X fans generally seem polar opposites imo.

brutal_descent
08-06-2012, 05:57 PM

I don't see how. Avenged Sevenfold's fanbase consists of angsty young people who vehemently claim that they're the best band ever, as does Lamb of God's ;)

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 06:01 PM
:party:

Xenocide
08-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Haha that's pretty true, although A7X branched out to teenage girls and LOG branches out to older metalheads who are nostalgic for a Pantera replacement.

I'm a fan of both bands though.

NickLed19
08-06-2012, 09:42 PM

I know plenty of people who really like both bands alot.

A7X has heavier shit than you think. You must be thinking that Afterlife is as heavy as they get or some shit. Those first 2 albums are much heavier than Godsmack/Disturbed/FFDP/Manson.

And lets not forget Godsmack is playing Uproar, and they played Mayhem last year. Disturbed has also played both. I can see it being this next year. A7X/Manson or Tool/A7X.

hiddenzombie013
08-06-2012, 10:24 PM

A7X has heavier shit than you think. You must be thinking that Afterlife is as heavy as they get or some shit. Those first 2 albums are much heavier than Godsmack/Disturbed/FFDP/Manson.

And lets not forget Godsmack is playing Uproar, and they played Mayhem last year. Disturbed has also played both. I can see it being this next year. A7X/Manson or Tool/A7X.

Other than Tool playing, I totally agree with this. A7X has a lot of songs that are legitimately heavy (even on the last album look up "God Hates Us"). Granted, I'll agree they used to be much heavier, but they're definitely capable of headlining Mayhem. They still play a solid amount of heavy songs live too (I know they've done Second Heartbeat and Chapter Four recently, and they pretty much close every show with Unholy Confessions). Obviously, they'll have a new album out by next year though, so we'll see what happens.

Also I love A7X and LoG so that would make me happy.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-06-2012, 10:44 PM

I was an A7X fan back in the era before City of Evil was made. I'm not as big of a fan now. Godsmack/Disturbed blur the lines between heavy metal & hard rock. I think A7X is more hard rock, especially since 2008. Not saying they don't have some metal songs or metal moments. They won't play much from their heavier albums in a one hour set. I think A7X & 5FDP will headline Uproar next summer. Unless SoaD, Korn and Rob Zombie each turn down a headlinng slot on Mayhem Fest.

Also I think Tool is a long shot. I hear they ask for more $ than SoaD and that Maynard hates playing on touring festivals like Ozzfest, the old Lollapalooza tours, etc.

RampinUp46
08-06-2012, 10:52 PM

SLAYER.

Dude, it was great meeting you in Dallas (I was the guy in the Eyehategod shirt with my hair tied back) - that bag you gave me to carry my shit survived the Anthrax pit and the pipe I bought that day didn't crack when I fell down...twice. Thanks for that man, I really appreciate it! :D

NickLed19
08-07-2012, 12:42 AM
A7X/LoG/Mastodon would be awesome. Thats what I hope to see.

detuned
08-07-2012, 04:38 AM
tool will never play mayhem

i was there, they played over LOG, and no one was pissed

dcmetal108
08-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Yea I'd say you have the same chance of Rammstein playing that you have for TOOL playing which is 0%.

detuned
08-07-2012, 05:19 AM
rammstein is nowhere near as unrealistic as tool

mastodon421
08-07-2012, 06:06 AM

This, but that's not really saying much.

dcmetal108
08-07-2012, 06:20 AM

Not really.

Rammstein and TOOL are in the same case with the only exception being stage show.

I don't see Mayhem using TOOL's huge light show nor would either band take the money they could offer or the hour or so set they would have.

detuned
08-07-2012, 06:36 AM
same case how?

InFlamesOfBirchmen
08-07-2012, 06:50 AM
I'm a huge Tool fan, but there are so many reasons it wouldn't work. Not trying to be a Debby Downer, but think about it:

1. As pointed out, their stage show. I'm willing to bet that thing costs hundreds of thousands of dollars per show.

2. They're not metal, or even hard rock, really. If they played most of Undertow then maybe, but Lateralus and 10,000 Days material wouldn't fit the feel of the festival at all.

3. Let's face it - Maynard treats Tool like he used to treat A Perfect Circle - it's a fun side project when he's not doing other stuff. Nothing wrong with that, but it's the truth. There's a good chance he'll be busy touring with Puscifer.

4. Hopefully these guys will be doing a tour of their own with a new album.

5. Ticket prices would go waaaayyy up. I've seen Tool twice, and even their cheap tickets are around $55-$60.

6. The audiences would clash something fierce. While I'll admit, it'd be fun to watch the dichotomy of, say, A7X fans and Tool fans, I feel like Tool doesn't cater to a party/metal crowd. Quite the opposite, usually.

I know they played Ozzfest a few years ago, but I don't see something like that happening again. My money is on Deftones for at least direct support next year. Their new album comes out in October, and their show, while still expensive, isn't anywhere near as costly as Rammstein or Tool's.

Steev
08-07-2012, 08:22 AM
If Deftones play expect some other big names to anchor it

I could see them on main with Avenged Sevendold if someone like KSE or LOG was to headline the sidestage(which wouldn't be out of the question IMO)

Xenocide
08-07-2012, 08:43 AM
i was there, they played over LOG, and no one was pissed

I was...

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-07-2012, 09:18 AM
I was...

Lol

stylesclash516
08-07-2012, 10:34 AM
6. The audiences would clash something fierce. While I'll admit, it'd be fun to watch the dichotomy of, say, A7X fans and Tool fans, I feel like Tool doesn't cater to a party/metal crowd. Quite the opposite, usually.

If the line-up was Tool & A7X that would be the one and only time I would be excited to see A7X because watching the uptight Tool fans fight the uptight A7X fans would just make my day.

Coma323
08-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm pretty sure the deal was that Tool only played Ozzfest if the Melvins were allowed to also tour on it.

Xenocide
08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I think Rob Zombie would be in the same spot he was in 2010 if he did the tour again.

detuned
08-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the deal was that Tool only played Ozzfest if the Melvins were allowed to also tour on it.
yeah it was something like that. and ozzfest was at the very end of the aenima tour cycle, i.e. their rise to power so to speak, and not coincidentally the last time they had to resort to supporting anyone or playing with awful bands (not counting one off destination festivals). if somehow hell froze over and tool did headline a festival tour like mayhem, you best bet they would insist on curating most, if not all of it.

but once again, never gonna happen. they can pack all the same venues (some cases even bigger) mayhem can on their own, at comparable or higher ticket prices, so why on earth would they cut in an energy drink sponsored festival tour brand and 10-15 other bands. if anything they could just start their own festival.

and i realize this is probably the logic behind thinking rammstein is just as unlikely, but the difference being tool has the 14 year track record of doing that consistently tour after tour, whereas rammstein only has a single comparable level north america tour under their belts, which im thinking was largely dependent on them not touring here for 9 years and just the spectacle/hype factor. whos to say yet that they can continue at that level on a regular basis and that people will continue to come out.

Xenocide
08-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Mastodon tried to get Mayhem to book High on Fire in 2008 but it didn't work

Coma323
08-07-2012, 01:01 PM
if anything they could just start their own festival.
Based upon their opening bands of the past decade plus, that would be one hell of a festival.

brutal_descent
08-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Based upon their opening bands of the past decade plus, that would be one hell of a festival.

I really want Mastodon to curate a festival, and none of that Missing Link shit either. A multi-day festival :drool:

Onioner
08-07-2012, 05:11 PM
I really want Mastodon to curate a festival, and none of that Missing Link shit either. A multi-day festival :drool:

The Missing Link lineup in 2010 just happened to be really fucking awesome because the tours that were combined were both killer to begin with. It was an amazing show all the way up until Brent started pulling his bullshit. I remember the 2011 lineup being not as great, but I never heard anything about how the show ended up being.

brutal_descent
08-07-2012, 05:16 PM
The Missing Link lineup in 2010 just happened to be really fucking awesome because the tours that were combined were both killer to begin with. It was an amazing show all the way up until Brent started pulling his bullshit. I remember the 2011 lineup being not as great, but I never heard anything about how the show ended up being.

The line-up was pretty meh aside from the tour support. I'd expect a festival curated by Mastodon to feature anything from Faith No More to Today Is the Day to Neurosis to the Melvins to Sleep :D Red Fang and Dillinger wouldn't hurt either.

slapguitarer
08-07-2012, 05:29 PM
I want a festival curated by me. Nothing could go wrong in that situation.

brutal_descent
08-07-2012, 05:41 PM

;)

gilpdawg
08-07-2012, 09:22 PM

Really? That's fucking gay. Just play the songs. Oh, wait, Rammstein's songs suck so they have to distract from that point. Hey, I know, maybe they can get KISS to play. Same thing.

brutal_descent
08-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Really? That's fucking gay. Just play the songs. Oh, wait, Rammstein's songs suck so they have to distract from that point. Hey, I know, maybe they can get KISS to play. Same thing.

qft :fist:

stylesclash516
08-07-2012, 09:25 PM

Meh, you either love them or you hate them.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Who are 5 nonheadlining bands that have yet to play Mayhem Fest that you would like to see on the 2013 fest? I would love to see Deftones, Down, Arch Enemy, Ghost & Skeletonwitch. I think they are all possible & deserving for a variety of reasons.

NickLed19
08-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Down, Skeletonwitch, Toxic Holocaust, The Sword, and Havok.

imanidiot777
08-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Who are 5 nonheadlining bands that have yet to play Mayhem Fest that you would like to see on the 2013 fest? I would love to see Deftones, Down, Arch Enemy, Ghost & Skeletonwitch. I think they are all possible & deserving for a variety of reasons.

Down would be BY FAR the one I would want to see most. Ghost: definitely. Fear Factory, Dope, and Black Label Society. (I'm pretty sure none of those have played, but I could be wrong.

dcmetal108
08-08-2012, 04:09 AM
Ghost would be awesome as maybe like the main stage opener or the 2nd band to play main stage since it would be dark and we wouldn't have to see them in the bright day in their KKK looking outfits.

imanidiot777
08-08-2012, 04:36 AM
Ghost would be awesome as maybe like the main stage opener or the 2nd band to play main stage since it would be dark and we wouldn't have to see them in the bright day in their KKK looking outfits.

Um....doesn't Ghost wear black robes?

detuned
08-08-2012, 04:48 AM
they have worn white ones this summer when they have played festivals in the daylight

dcmetal108
08-08-2012, 05:02 AM
Um....doesn't Ghost wear black robes?

Not during the day time, for the Orion Fest they had white robes on.

imanidiot777
08-08-2012, 05:02 AM
they have worn white ones this summer when they have played festivals in the daylight

AH, did not know this.

mastodon421
08-08-2012, 05:39 AM

High on Fire
Arch Enemy
Periphery
Revocation
The Sword

Steev
08-08-2012, 06:20 AM
Id like to see Periphery, Revocation, Evergreen Terrace, Dark Tranquility, and Dirge Within

kalfitegrdan
08-08-2012, 06:45 AM
I just want five bands I haven't seen before and at least mildly enjoy. :lol:

Dark Tranquility
Down,The Sword.
Deftones, Ghost.

I'd be cool with any of these.

dcmetal108
08-08-2012, 06:57 AM
I see it being highly likely that Dirge Within would play since they've been playing with some big name bands (Hellyeah & Iced Earth) and toured with some past Mayhem bands (Trivium) plus they are getting more and more popular.

Steev
08-08-2012, 07:27 AM
To be honest I was hoping they got added to Mayhem when they first bailed on Shockwave

moobys37
08-08-2012, 07:37 AM

Except the hours you have to put into organizing it that you never expect to ;)

Sanitarium78
08-08-2012, 07:47 AM
I see it being highly likely that Dirge Within would play since they've been playing with some big name bands (Hellyeah & Iced Earth) and toured with some past Mayhem bands (Trivium) plus they are getting more and more popular.

Iced Earth is a big name band? Drawing 200 people a show is considered big time in the US now?

W0unds
08-08-2012, 07:51 AM
I would like to see something like: Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Rotting Christ, Skeletonwitch or Insomnium play Mayhem. I think they would all make for great non-headlining bands that have not played in the past (I think).

dcmetal108
08-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Iced Earth is a big name band? Drawing 200 people a show is considered big time in the US now?

The show was at HOB. That's like 1500 and a club show.

Jochen
08-08-2012, 07:07 PM
I would like to see something like: Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Rotting Christ, Skeletonwitch or Insomnium play Mayhem. I think they would all make for great non-headlining bands that have not played in the past (I think).

I would love this. They could use the exposure here too.

Sanitarium78
08-08-2012, 07:31 PM
The show was at HOB. That's like 1500 and a club show.

Iced Earth filled a 1500 capacity venue in the US on their own?

brutal_descent
08-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Iced Earth filled a 1500 capacity venue in the US on their own?

I think he's referring to the tour where they opened for Volbeat and Hellyeah :eyes:

dcmetal108
08-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I think he's referring to the tour where they opened for Volbeat and Hellyeah :eyes:

No, this was a offdate where it was them with openers Hellyeah and Dirge Within. I didn't go though since tickets with tax were like $46

slapguitarer
08-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Iced Earth filled in The Regency pretty well on their co-healining tour with Symphony X. Quite a few people left after IE played.

Namaste
08-09-2012, 09:20 AM
My first choice was Rammstein, GWAR, Suffocation, Overkill and Vision Of Disorder

Namaste
08-09-2012, 09:43 AM
After you guys clicked on the Done button after submitting band suggestions for next year, did it take you to the Mayhem Fest home page?

RampinUp46
08-10-2012, 01:44 PM
My first choice was Rammstein, GWAR, Suffocation, Overkill and Vision Of Disorder

Rammstein and GWAR seem the most likely out of all of them. The former has more draw power, but would only play if the fest pays far out the ass for them, and the latter has a good draw and could probably headline the Jager stage if marketed correctly.

PVH5150
08-11-2012, 05:17 AM
Since Mayhem basically turned into Warped Tour this year (aside from Anthrax, Slayer & Motorhead), I would love next year to be filled with doom, gloom, heaviness & crushing riffs.

Main stage
Rammstein
Alice In Chains
Ghost
Down

Sidestage #1
Saint Vitus
Candlemass
Electric Wizard
Cathedral

Sidestage #2
Ahab
Kyuss Lives
Sleep
Woods of Ypres

anomynous
08-11-2012, 05:42 AM
So all the side stage bands would get to play 2 songs at most?

Sanitarium78
08-11-2012, 05:51 AM

Not only that but AIC is the only band they listed that will be able to sell tickets. If that was the lineup three quaters of the audience would leave after them. I hope Rammstein does get the closing spot on mayhem next year. Just so all the people who harp about what a live draw they are here in the US can shut up when they realize nobody gives a shit they're headlining the tour.

dcmetal108
08-11-2012, 05:55 AM

hahaha this. Not a single one of those bands would ever play Mayhem either.

They should try to get Dying Fetus to play sidestage. I could see it. Or get BDM to do it again.

PVH5150
08-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Not only that but AIC is the only band they listed that will be able to sell tickets. If that was the lineup three quaters of the audience would leave after them. I hope Rammstein does get the closing spot on mayhem next year. Just so all the people who harp about what a live draw they are here in the US can shut up when they realize nobody gives a shit they're headlining the tour.

They only draw in major markets (on their last tour, anyway)

Pollstar's biannual tour stats came out a few weeks ago for tours taking place between 1/1 & 6/30. Rammstein's average attendance for their "Made in Germany" North American tour was slightly under 5,000 people.

Saw them on 4/29 at the DCU Center in Worcester. There were well over 10,000 people there.

Indestructible
08-11-2012, 07:33 AM
This would be more of a realistic mayhemfest

Mainstage
System Of A Down
Tool
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden

Second Stage
Killswitch Engage
Testament
Shadows Fall
Down

First Stage
Lacuna Coil
Iced Earth

BloodoftheKings
08-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Sidestage #2
Woods of Ypres

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/4251-full-retard.jpg

TonyD
08-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Since Mayhem basically turned into Warped Tour this year (aside from Anthrax, Slayer & Motorhead), I would love next year to be filled with doom, gloom, heaviness & crushing riffs.

Main stage
Rammstein
Alice In Chains
Ghost
Down

Sidestage #1
Saint Vitus
Candlemass
Electric Wizard
Cathedral

Sidestage #2
Ahab
Kyuss Lives
Sleep
Woods of Ypres

Yeah, this is never gonna happen but it kinda makes me wish there was a Summer Slaughter-like tour for stoner bands.

mastodon421
08-11-2012, 08:14 AM

:lol: This

detuned
08-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Pollstar's biannual tour stats came out a few weeks ago for tours taking place between 1/1 & 6/30. Rammstein's average attendance for their "Made in Germany" North American tour was slightly under 5,000 people.

Saw them on 4/29 at the DCU Center in Worcester. There were well over 10,000 people there.
whoa whoa has anyone publicly posted this anywhere? otherwise i may have to bug someone i know with pollstar access

AnataFan4Life
08-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Yeah, this is never gonna happen but it kinda makes me wish there was a Summer Slaughter-like tour for stoner bands.

It was called Metal Alliance 2011. Too bad they didn't keep up with the theme.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-11-2012, 10:18 AM
whoa whoa has anyone publicly posted this anywhere? otherwise i may have to bug someone i know with pollstar access

Yeah tell him to email it to wookubus so he can post it between the Limp Bizkit news posts!!! Or on their message board.... opps. :(

stylesclash516
08-11-2012, 10:49 AM

Yeah I was about to say, unless David was resurrected or something.

detuned
08-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah tell him to email it to wookubus so he can post it between the Limp Bizkit news posts!!! Or on their message board.... opps. :(
i know its hard for someone like yourself to understand, but it is possible to be interested in such information for no other reason than to learn about the business side of things, with no care of using it to pose as some sort of hotshit insider

but you are right, i would get that info on theprp asap, as they obviously have such a long history of posting inside baseball level shit like that

though i wont lie, i mostly wanna see those numbers so i can laugh at you idiots even more for being so adamant about rammstein being a mayhem impossibility

What Hell is About
08-11-2012, 01:11 PM
David Gold passed away last year there is no more Woods of Ypres dude!:eek:

dcmetal108
08-11-2012, 05:40 PM
i know its hard for someone like yourself to understand, but it is possible to be interested in such information for no other reason than to learn about the business side of things, with no care of using it to pose as some sort of hotshit insider

but you are right, i would get that info on theprp asap, as they obviously have such a long history of posting inside baseball level shit like that

though i wont lie, i mostly wanna see those numbers so i can laugh at you idiots even more for being so adamant about rammstein being a mayhem impossibility

Someone is upset.

PVH5150
08-11-2012, 07:54 PM

Pollstar's Top 100 Tours of the first half of 2012

Rammstein
#48 of 100
Gross: $7.1 million
Average ticket price: $67.83
Average attendance: 4,984

http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/charts2012/2012MidYearTop100NorthAmericanToursTours.pdf

dcmetal108
08-11-2012, 08:17 PM

Rammstein
#48 of 100

http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/charts2012/2012MidYearTop100NorthAmericanToursTours.pdf

No way. The venue in Chicago was sold out to like 12,000.

detuned
08-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Someone is upset.
indeed he is!

detuned
08-11-2012, 08:33 PM

Rammstein
#48 of 100

interesting, though it would be more interesting to see the total tickets available over all the shows, as well as what the actual profit was and not just gross.
No way. The venue in Chicago was sold out to like 12,000.
doesnt mean that didnt happen, just means that there were more lower attended shows than the ones like that that did well.

id like to see where mayhem lands on the year end list.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-11-2012, 08:42 PM

Idiots? I'm sure several will appreciate your opinion along with your long standing music business expertise. But before you start throwing around your insults to us simpletons you may wish to check the front page of the thread you are posting in. On August 6th I posted an interview that was conducted with the guitarist of Rammstein where he stated the band would be playing Euro festivals all summer thus probably killing any chance of them being available to play Mayhem Festival 2013. Let me guess, you were too busy pimp rockin' to notice that small detail, right?

Furthermore, I've never claimed to be an industry insider. I just post info I get from ticket outlets, facebook, friends that are promoters, band members, managers, etc that practically ANYONE can do (Including yourself.). Most of the time my info is correct but sometimes it is not due to various reasons which are usually beyond my control. I nothing more than a messanger. And apparently I'm not the only one here who indulges in this type of activity:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20638

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20988

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19887

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20991

I'm glad to know that metalsetlists.com now has two 'hotshit industry insiders'. I'm glad you share your knowledge with us fellow board members and 'idiots'. From here on out I want to encourage all board members to grab a chair - pull up, have a seat and take some notes when detuned makes a post. It's not everyday we are allowed to learn from such an all time great in the music business. :tp:

dcmetal108
08-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Idiots? I'm sure several will appreciate your opinion along with your long standing music business expertise. But before you start throwing around your insults to us simpletons you may wish to check the front page of the thread you are posting in. On August 6th I posted an interview that was conducted with the guitarist of Rammstein where he stated the band would be playing Euro festivals all summer thus probably killing any chance of them being available to play Mayhem Festival 2013. Let me guess, you were too busy pimp rockin' to notice that small detail, right?

Furthermore, I've never claimed to be an industry insider. I just post info I get from ticket outlets, facebook, friends that are promoters, band members, managers, etc that practically ANYONE can do (Including yourself.). Most of the time my info is correct but sometimes it is not due to various reasons which are usually beyond my control. I nothing more than a messanger. And apparently I'm not the only one here who indulges in this type of activity:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20638

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20988

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19887

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20991

I'm glad to know that metalsetlists.com now has two 'hotshit industry insiders'. I'm glad you share your knowledge with us fellow board members and 'idiots'. From here on out I want to encourage all board members to grab a chair - pull up, have a seat and take some notes when detuned makes a post. It's not everyday we are allowed to learn from such an all time great in the music business. :tp:

Owned.

Xenocide
08-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Owned.

^^^

hot_turkey_ed
08-11-2012, 09:54 PM
< Pavo quietly enters this thread >

:headoff:

kalfitegrdan
08-12-2012, 12:28 AM
I am completely lost as to where all this hostility is coming from.

hot_turkey_ed
08-12-2012, 02:26 AM
I am completely lost as to where all this hostility is coming from.

No more hostility in this thread. Peeps are going to chill out for a bit.

:stop:

detuned
08-12-2012, 04:43 AM
anyone with more than two brain cells should be able to see the grand canyon of difference between the examples linked above, as well as the general difference in any posts either of us make in regards to passing along info.

i could give you a pretty good idea about wolvies hostility, but nahhh, id hate to derail such an informative thread even more. gonna take the advice of the turkey man and CHILL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYBIRHi5-o8).

dcmetal108
08-12-2012, 04:54 AM
No more hostility in this thread. Peeps are going to chill out for a bit.

:stop:

He has spoken so it is done!

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-12-2012, 08:42 AM
He has spoken so it is done!

Yep. And for the misinformed I'm not hostile lol I found this all very amusing :D

Just of curiosity who does everyone think will headline next years Uproar Festival? I think A7X & 5FDP.

DementedX14
08-12-2012, 09:16 AM
My question is will Ozzfest return since Black Sabbath has reformed??

Just of curiosity who does everyone think will headline next years Uproar Festival? I think A7X & 5FDP.

I want Limp Bizkit and Deftones. :dance:

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-12-2012, 10:07 AM
My question is will Ozzfest return since Black Sabbath has reformed??

I want Limp Bizkit and Deftones. :dance:

Bahahaha!!! I think in due time Deftones will eventually appear on Mayhem Fest ;)

Ozzfest will likely be a destination festival IF they decide to have another one.

dcmetal108
08-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Ozzfest will more than likely never happen again.

I don't see why Deftones would ever do Mayhem. They aren't really that heavy. I mean they played Lollapollza so they aren't heavy.

Limp Bizkit would be awesome on Uproar as headliner for side stage.

A7X will either headline Uproar or Mayhem. (or be kickass and headline as last band as Warped!)

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Ozzfest will more than likely never happen again.

I don't see why Deftones would ever do Mayhem. They aren't really that heavy. I mean they played Lollapollza so they aren't heavy.

Limp Bizkit would be awesome on Uproar as headliner for side stage.

A7X will either headline Uproar or Mayhem. (or be kickass and headline as last band as Warped!)

You are right that Ozzfest will likely never happen again.

As for the Deftones, lets keep in mind that Lollapalooza has played host to Black Sabbath, Tool, AiC, Metallica, etc. not to mention Deftones have toured with Ozzfest 99 (Sabbath, Zombie, Slayer, Fear Factory, Godsmack, Slipknot, SoaD), Metallica, AiC, Mastodon, DEP & they opened for Pantera/White Zombie back in the day. Deftones is definitely a band that Mayhem Fest probably wants/needs in the next few years. Whether they want to play is a good guess...

dcmetal108
08-12-2012, 04:50 PM
I just still can't get into Deftones.

I could maybe see them bringing them in to headline second stage maybe.

Def not next year though as I assume they will be doing their own tours for their new album.

mastodon421
08-12-2012, 05:03 PM
I think next year is more likely than any other year for Deftones to play Mayhem Fest. Their new record is coming out October 9th (Chino said that on Thursday). They have solid drawing power and pretty much one of the only bands that can co-headline this that hasn't yet. They won't be the last band to play but they are perfect for the 2nd to last slot. Maybe get Rob Zombie to play last, have Deftones 2nd, and Killswitch 3rd on the main stage?

dcmetal108
08-12-2012, 05:08 PM
KSE should first do their own headline come back tour then do Mayhem and headline second stage. Talk about drawing power from that.

I don't know about Zombie doing it. He seems like he is always busy between random music and movies.

They should get Alice Cooper to do what was Slayers spot this year. May not be really heavy but the crowd would love it.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-12-2012, 06:44 PM
KSE should first do their own headline come back tour then do Mayhem and headline second stage. Talk about drawing power from that.

I don't know about Zombie doing it. He seems like he is always busy between random music and movies.

They should get Alice Cooper to do what was Slayers spot this year. May not be really heavy but the crowd would love it.

Zombie has a new album coming out in 2013 so he is a possibility to play. Alice Cooper would be an excellent choice but I think he is better suited for Uproar.

dcmetal108
08-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Zombie has a new album coming out in 2013 so he is a possibility to play. Alice Cooper would be an excellent choice but I think he is better suited for Uproar.

No way Uproar would take him. That crowd wouldn't like it since it isn't radio rock.

Cooper is suited for Mayhem and in reality a great choice and actually possible I think if they tried to get him.

kalfitegrdan
08-12-2012, 07:16 PM

If Godsmack and Disturbed are suited for Mayhem, then Alice Cooper sure as hell should be.

NickLed19
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
IDK about Cooper being a headliner though, if they were in Motorhead or Megadeths spot...that would work.

A7X/Zombie/Cooper would be badass.

dcmetal108
08-12-2012, 08:34 PM
IDK about Cooper being a headliner though, if they were in Motorhead or Megadeths spot...that would work.

:party::party::party::party:

stylesclash516
08-12-2012, 08:57 PM

Replace A7X with anyone, literally ANYONE and I would be fine with that.

NickLed19
08-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Forget the mainstage though, they need to bet better side stage bands. This year was awful besides Anthrax.

brutal_descent
08-12-2012, 09:16 PM
oh hai guise

I'm bored as fuck, so here's what I'd like tah see:

Main-stage:
Metallica
Alice in Chains
Deftones

Second stage:
Sepultura
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Valient Thorr
Revocation

Third stage:
Cannibal Corpse
The Faceless
Cattle Decapitation
Skeletonwitch

Just pulled that line-up out of my ass (figuratively for the pricks who would've called me out on it), but I'm sure they could make it work. No rotating openers/headliners, by the way.

treghet
08-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Just pulled that line-up out of my ass (figuratively for the pricks who would've called me out on it)

Thanks for clarifying. I'd be concerned if that many dudes pulled out of your ass. ;)

slapguitarer
08-12-2012, 09:19 PM
>Metallica
>Mayhem Fest

I know you just saw them and all that, but that'd never ever happen.