PDA

View Full Version : Official Mayhem Fest Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Steev
03-02-2012, 05:04 AM
‎After The Burial and Born of Osiris are both on Warped Tour. The Faceless and VEIL OF MAYA are on Summer Slaughter.

Sumerian posted this as a follow up to their comments regarding another band doing Mayhem.

Naturally half of the nearly 200 posts that follow are people thinking those exact bands are playing.:banghead:

AnataFan4Life
03-02-2012, 05:48 AM
This is making me wonder if Periphery got moved to Mayhem Festival.

Steev
03-02-2012, 05:51 AM

I hope so, I mean they're coming in April with Protest the Hero but not positive I can make that show

and they feel like a band that could do Mayhem

mastodon421
03-02-2012, 12:54 PM

It's very possible, it could also be a band like Structures or Stick To Your Guns.

dcmetal108
03-02-2012, 06:58 PM
It's very possible, it could also be a band like Structures or Stick To Your Guns.

Stick To Your Guns are on the All Stars Tour.

mastodon421
03-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Stick To Your Guns are on the All Stars Tour.

I realised that afer I posted it, I The Breather could be another possibility. With this addition of another Sumerian Band, I have a feeling there is going to be a second side stage after all.

Steev
03-03-2012, 07:18 AM
I realised that afer I posted it, I The Breather could be another possibility. With this addition of another Sumerian Band, I have a feeling there is going to be a second side stage after all.

I feel like they'd have to, this would make 11 bands(including Jager opener) which isn't far off from the usual 13-15 bands they have, and the two side stages cuts down on setup time and prevents overlapping with the Main Stage

AnthG
03-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Fuck it, why not.

Slipknot - Yes
Slayer - Meh
Motörhead- Meh
Asking Alexandria - Bad
The Devil Wears Prada - Bad
As I Lay Dying - Meh
Anthrax - They're decent
Whitechapel - Their singer killed it on that song he did with Chimaira, but his own band is meh
High On Fire - Not really familiar.

Pretty much the one song I want to see Slipknot do is the last song of their set

Spit it out?

Also, you guys are making it sound like scene/hardcore kids haven't been in the same place as metal fans before. I mean every Sounds of the Underground tour had hardcore/"scene" bands mixed with metal bands, and the crowds got along fine. High on Fire was on the first SOTU, and their fans were able to coexist just fine with the kids who were there to see Every Time I Die and Poison the well. Not to imply those bands are as bad as Devil Wears prada or Whitechapel, but a lot of those fans fall in the same category, so I don't think Whitechapel fans will be booing High on Fire at all.

Pretty much all the talk of "fans vs. fans" happens on the internet. Once the show happens nobody actually gives a shit.

anomynous
03-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Meh on Slayer & Motorhead, but yes on Slipknot?

Alright.

brutal_descent
03-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Doesn't really matter what he thinks of the bands, what he says about the fans of different genres is true.

mankvill
03-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Spit it out?

Yeah. It's totally a stupid thing, but I think the part where everyone gets down and then jumps up at the same time would be cool.

I'll admit that in nu-metal's hayday for me (late 90s, early 00s), Slipknot was far and away the band I preferred over the rest of them. They have more songs I wouldn't mind seeing live than pretty much any other bad Mayhem Fest headliner in the fest's history.

dcmetal108
03-03-2012, 10:32 AM

No chance that I,The Breather will be on this. From what I heard they will either be on warped this summer or on other bands tours.

AnthG
03-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah. It's totally a stupid thing, but I think the part where everyone gets down and then jumps up at the same time would be cool.

Well here's the setlist they've been using at Sonisphere

Iowa/742617000027 (intro)
(sic)
Eyeless
Wait and Bleed
The Blister Exists
Liberate
Before I Forget
Pulse of the Maggots
Left Behind
Disasterpiece
Psychosocial
The Heretic Anthem
Duality
Spit It Out
People = Shit
Surfacing
'Til We Die (outro)

I don`t see them deviating from that set for Mayhem at all. Which is a shame since that`s more or less the set they used on the AHIG tour.

kalfitegrdan
03-04-2012, 05:50 AM

I'll admit that in nu-metal's hayday for me (late 90s, early 00s), Slipknot was far and away the band I preferred over the rest of them. They have more songs I wouldn't mind seeing live than pretty much any other bad Mayhem Fest headliner in the fest's history.

I've seen a few bands do that thing and of course credit it to Slipknot. I'm always that asshole that just stays standing though. ;)

dcmetal108
03-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Yea Woe Is Me did something like that at Warped and said it was because they are all huge slipknot fans.

I didn't participate since I was walking away to see Asking Alexandria but it was to see.

(prepares for hate about seeing AA)

Steev
03-04-2012, 09:23 AM
someone edited the wiki page to include Upon A Burning Body

TiradesOfTruth
03-04-2012, 09:58 AM
I still think its Periphery is the band but who knows.

dcmetal108
03-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Well we know it isn't iwrestledabearonce like was rumored at one time.

mastodon421
03-04-2012, 10:09 AM
I really have no fucking clue it is, but I'm leaning towards it not being Periphery.

Steev
03-04-2012, 10:38 AM
now someone edited it again to say Periphery

Im really hoping it's them

kalfitegrdan
03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Yea Woe Is Me did something like that at Warped and said it was because they are all huge slipknot fans.

I didn't participate since I was walking away to see Asking Alexandria but it was to see.

(prepares for hate about seeing AA)

Haha. Yeah, that was one of the bands that I was referring too. They were pretty bad.

I still had time to watch them do the Slipknot thing and get to the stage in time to AA's set.

dcmetal108
03-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Haha. Yeah, that was one of the bands that I was referring too. They were pretty bad.

I still had time to watch them do the Slipknot thing and get to the stage in time to AA's set.

See I REALLY liked them live. Prolly one of my favorite bands of that genre.

kalfitegrdan
03-04-2012, 08:52 PM
See I REALLY liked them live. Prolly one of my favorite bands of that genre.

Woe, Is Me or AA?

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-04-2012, 11:45 PM
So I talked to my source last night about Uproar (posted in a new thread) and Mayhem 2012. I also talked to my source about Korn/5FDP not being on Mayhem and he basically said that their management wanted more $ and the bands were told they would try to work it out and it didn't work out and that the negative backlash from metal heads about the dubstep Korn album also played a role in not having them back for 2012, especially when they started wanting more $. Apparently some miscommunication which led to 5FDP members and Korn members telling people they were in fact playing on Mayhem Fest.

Steev
03-05-2012, 04:55 AM
that's a shame, figured doing Mayhem would help them with any dubstep related backlash

Steev
03-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Motorhead officially added

the tour will also have a stage sponsored by Sumerian Records with Upon A Burning Body, I The Breather, another band TBA, and a local battle of the bands winner

stylesclash516
03-05-2012, 06:37 AM
the tour will also have a stage sponsored by Sumerian Records with Upon A Burning Body, I The Breather, another band TBA, and a local battle of the bands winner

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

Steev
03-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

Im still hoping Periphery gets added(Sumerian said one more of their bands is playing)

honestly I started thinking they never said just one band from their label was on and that it could be more

dcmetal108
03-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Motorhead officially added

Even I hate this.

But I don't get why backlash for Korn's album would change their mind for having them.

Having just saw Korn I can saw that their new stuff live is heavy and even their older fans go crazy for it.

300%_Density
03-05-2012, 09:18 AM
That Sumerian stage will make Asking Alexandria sound like Led Zeppelin in the early 70s. And I hate AA. That's just how bad those other bands are.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Even I hate this.

But I don't get why backlash for Korn's album would change their mind for having them.

Having just saw Korn I can saw that their new stuff live is heavy and even their older fans go crazy for it.

They listen to the ticket buyers. Most people were vocal against the new Korn album & against them on Mayhem 2012. Sad but true.

dcmetal108
03-05-2012, 10:38 AM
They listen to the ticket buyers. Most people were vocal against the new Korn album & against them on Mayhem 2012. Sad but true.

I still think putting Korn on it would have been great for ticket sales. You'd have the kids who like the new album and the older fans who would hope for older songs buying tickets.

Steev
03-05-2012, 10:46 AM
apparently the word now is Periphery will be added once their spring tour with Protest The Hero ends

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-05-2012, 11:08 AM
apparently the word now is Periphery will be added once their spring tour with Protest The Hero ends

I think in the next few years you will see Mayhem Fest let record companies do what summerian records is doing this year. Alot of small bands playing on small stages sponsered by record companies. It will look similar to Warped tour.

Steev
03-05-2012, 11:13 AM
I think in the next few years you will see Mayhem Fest let record companies do what summerian records is doing this year. Alot of small bands playing on small stages sponsered by record companies. It will look similar to Warped tour.

well shit Metal Blade kinda did this the second year of the tour

dcmetal108
03-05-2012, 11:45 AM
What I always liked about Mayhem though is that only 1 band played at a time so you're able to see every band that plays. Unlike Warped which has like 12 bands playing at once.

mastodon421
03-05-2012, 11:46 AM
That Sumerian stage will make Asking Alexandria sound like Led Zeppelin in the early 70s. And I hate AA. That's just how bad those other bands are.

Not saying Upon A Burning Body or I, The Breather are good, but that is just wrong saying Asking Alexandria is better than them.

dcmetal108
03-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Not saying Upon A Burning Body or I, The Breather are good, but that is just wrong saying Asking Alexandria is better than them.

No, it's true. AA is way better than them. Haven't saw UABB but having saw both AA and I,The Breather live; AA is alot better.

300%_Density
03-05-2012, 12:36 PM

In all seriousness it's asking me do you want to die. By drowning or burning alive. Either way you are still dead.

Steev
03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
No, it's true. AA is way better than them. Haven't saw UABB but having saw both AA and I,The Breather live; AA is alot better.

Having now listened to UABB they're better than AA

dcmetal108
03-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Having now listened to UABB they're better than AA

AA is pretty good live. Plus they had a great wall of death.

hellawaits77ny
03-05-2012, 11:06 PM
AA, UABB and I,B are all abysmal.

End of discussion.

OraclesofAgony
03-05-2012, 11:59 PM
AA, UABB and I,B are all abysmal.

End of discussion.

This.

I don't give a fuck who is less shitty amongst the pile of shit.

mankvill
03-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Teim 4 offdates

http://www.stubwire.com/files/events/original/304636e6d0e80d7d944f13467689ca12.jpg

HURF DURF SHITTY SHIT

TonyD
03-19-2012, 04:33 PM
The website says "Dirtfedd" is the band added to the Semerian stage.

TiradesOfTruth
03-19-2012, 04:54 PM
I have never even heard of those guys.

street_burial
03-19-2012, 04:55 PM
it was already discussed in the summer slaughter thread

TonyD
03-19-2012, 05:07 PM
That makes sense

masterguy49
03-19-2012, 05:14 PM
That makes sense

:lol:

Steev
03-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Its the same shit as when Gizmachi did Ozzfest 05

hellawaits77ny
03-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Its the same shit as when Gizmachi did Ozzfest 05

There's a band I haven't heard of since 'o5.

Steev
03-20-2012, 04:42 AM
There's a band I haven't heard of since 'o5.

Neither has anyone else

Sanitarium78
03-20-2012, 07:20 AM
The Buffalo date isn't listed on the mayhem fest page but Anthrax, Slayer and Slipknot's pages still have it. Does anyone have any idead what's going on here?

Sorry, if this was mentioned earlier in the thread but I don't feel like reading through all the garbage that this thread produces every year in order to find it.

TonyD
03-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Could be they just forgot the date, could be it's getting canceled and you're fucked.

VoidFlame
03-31-2012, 06:02 AM
Whitechapel are playing an off-date in Montreal on August 1st at La Tulipe.

noahj
04-10-2012, 03:18 PM
So i'm trying to buy a couple tickets on the Mayhem site, but it only gives me an option for lawn seating and i'm interested in reserved. Anyone know why this is? I go to Livenation and i can option for reserved but i think the Mayhem site is cheaper....but i don't get a seating option.

Anyone know why?

kommie
04-10-2012, 03:52 PM
So i'm trying to buy a couple tickets on the Mayhem site, but it only gives me an option for lawn seating and i'm interested in reserved. Anyone know why this is? I go to Livenation and i can option for reserved but i think the Mayhem site is cheaper....but i don't get a seating option.

Anyone know why?

It questions why you want to go to Mayhem.

DisposableJustice
04-10-2012, 10:06 PM

Anyone know why?

The Mayhem site is a piece of shit; one thing you can try is ticketmaster has a map of the venue and what seating is left; that can give you an idea of what is open and buy at the box office or something; also I believe ticket's don't go on sale to the public until the 13th so that may be part of it

btw if you are interested I would like to meet a fellow metalsetlists denverite at the show

noahj
04-11-2012, 06:43 AM
In case you really want to know kommie, my 9 year old son really wants to see Anthrax and Slayer is why I'm going.

Disposablejustice, I'll let you know and we can definitely meet up. You can meet the coolest 9 year old in Denver.

Natrlhi
04-11-2012, 07:59 AM
In case you really want to know kommie, my 9 year old son really wants to see Anthrax and Slayer is why I'm going.

Disposablejustice, I'll let you know and we can definitely meet up. You can meet the coolest 9 year old in Denver.Awesome, brother. Hopefully my son is going to shows with me in a couple of years (he's five now, so not quite yet, but...). :fist:

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Neither has anyone else

I didn't even know who they were until I googled them. Turns out they've got an album coming out this year.

Even though it has nothing to do with this year's bill, I just went back and listened to some Godsmack songs. They hold up surprisingly well, its a shame The Oracle sucked. These guys can write a decent rock tune, no wonder 14-year-old me was into them.

Chris_M_S
04-18-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm going to be on Mayhem Fest all summer. Pretty stoked. I will have at least one drink with Lemmy, mark my words.

Xenocide
04-18-2012, 08:41 AM
What will you be doing?

Chris_M_S
04-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Metal Blade tent by day, writing for the Mayhem site by night

dcmetal108
04-18-2012, 11:23 AM

So you can give all us metalsetlist guys the sets, backstage passes, and free merch right? Also let us all meet the bands without having to wait in line.

Chris_M_S
04-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah that's exactly how it's going to work

mankvill
04-18-2012, 11:48 AM

:party:

Xenocide
04-18-2012, 12:58 PM

Awesome dude. Sounds like a lot of fun.

TiradesOfTruth
04-18-2012, 01:21 PM

lol I like this man.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-18-2012, 03:32 PM
lol I like this man.

I wonder how many PM's he has received since making that statement lol

300%_Density
04-18-2012, 03:56 PM
:party:

I know who wants to meet Asking Alexandria & Whitechapel :D

TonyD
04-18-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm going to be on Mayhem Fest all summer. Pretty stoked. I will have at least one drink with Lemmy, mark my words.

Awesome, good luck.

Chris_M_S
04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Whitechapel should be easy, I think both they and AILD are doing signings at either their own booths or next to the MB booth

mastodon421
04-18-2012, 06:13 PM
I know who wants to meet Asking Alexandria & Whitechapel :D

I lost a bet with my friend so I have to meet Asking Alexandria:bouville:

Magson13
04-18-2012, 08:38 PM
And I'm gonna be filling in for Neil Peart on the upcoming Rush tour. And since I said it on the internet, y'know, it's completely legit.

dcmetal108
04-18-2012, 08:50 PM
And I'm gonna be filling in for Neil Peart on the upcoming Rush tour. And since I said it on the internet, y'know, it's completely legit.

Sometimes you actually make me laugh haha.

MPF
04-18-2012, 08:57 PM
^ Hasn't happened to me yet.

Whenever I post news, I either hear it straight from the source, it involves me in some way, or look into it myself.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt until they are proven wrong, or just sarcastic.

In this case though, the last part is obvious sarcasm, but I wouldn't throw out the first part right away. Hell I interview bands now. Why not believe someone who is posting here now isn't doing that for Mayhem fest?

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-18-2012, 09:32 PM
^ Hasn't happened to me yet.

Whenever I post news, I either hear it straight from the source, it involves me in some way, or look into it myself.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt until they are proven wrong, or just sarcastic.

In this case though, the last part is obvious sarcasm, but I wouldn't throw out the first part right away. Hell I interview bands now. Why not believe someone who is posting here now isn't doing that for Mayhem fest?

Exactly. Its not like the guy is giving us important or pertinent info. Or unbelievable info. Besides, anyone who has attended the last few RSEDMFs knows that Metal Blade & bands having their own booths is how it works.

Magson13
04-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Exactly. Its not like the guy is giving us important or pertinent info. Or unbelievable info. Besides, anyone who has attended the last few RSEDMFs knows that Metal Blade & bands having their own booths is how it works.

Oh look, the attention whore is sticking up for the attention whore.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-18-2012, 11:37 PM
You are verbally attacking someone on the internet by calling them 'attention whores' in a forum where most posters dislike you?

Ironic.

street_burial
04-18-2012, 11:45 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk86/HiLLtoP-Boy/THISGONBGUD.gif

Magson13
04-18-2012, 11:52 PM
You mistake boredom for caring. You on the other hand, attempt to get everyone to bow down to your "inside info," which isn't even accurate :lol:

MPF
04-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Alright Fa...I mean Magson, I will try to be somewhat nice about this...

How am I an attention whore? Because I'm working somewhat in the music business now doing radio shows and interviewing bands? I guess every single DJ and interviewer is an attention whore then.

At least with what I do, I actually tell real, honest things going on that I was told or I found out through right sources. Not just being a cynical asshole whose sarcastic wit matches that of a Steven Wright joke.

I get that you are trying intentionally to be a trollin' ass, and trust me it is working, because I'm writing this, but honestly, what is the point? Just to see guys like me get pissed off about it? Do you like that, making other guys get pissed? You know what a female looks like right? Try dating one once, if you can find one desperate enough to ever consider it with you. You might be thankful one day when you finally crawl out of your mom's basement and realizing that trolling the internet only makes you become a troll in real life. Ugly, disgusting, sick, and most of all, a lifetime virgin (unwilling sex doesn't count).

Try something once. Be a good person instead of just an asshole to everybody. Maybe your jealous, maybe you just don't give a fuck, because you hate your dad, who knows besides you? But don't take your shitty life out on people who have nothing to do with you.

/Jackass

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Its the damn truth.

street_burial
04-19-2012, 12:04 AM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/40735_o.gif

MPF
04-19-2012, 12:05 AM
If I get banned too, fuck it, enough of you guys know me and have me as a friend on facebook.

I love this place, but fuck, if this shit keeps happening without anyone else caring...

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-19-2012, 12:09 AM
If I get banned too, fuck it, enough of you guys know me and have me as a friend on facebook.

I love this place, but fuck, if this shit keeps happening without anyone else caring...

Exactly. I'm no one special but I try to come here with positive, informative posts. If I get banned here I may just start my own forum. At least I won't have the queen of the internet warriors starting shit then walking away clean for whatever reason. Its a shame too, I like most everyone here.

Sepultura69
04-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Goddamn. :eek:

street_burial
04-19-2012, 12:10 AM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/13696742/images/1296270549666.jpg

MPF
04-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Ever notice whenever anyone calls him out for real, he logs off and doesn't respond for like a day or two?

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Ever notice whenever anyone calls him out for real, he logs off and doesn't respond for like a day or two?

Well it won't stop until he is banned or I am. I have had enough of his BS. Being banned is better than getting harrassed, cyber bullied or whatever it is that pos gets away with time & time again.

MPF
04-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Well it won't stop until he is banned or I am. I have had enough of his BS. Being banned is better than getting harrassed, cyber bullied or whatever it is that pos gets away with time & time again.

I do wish He would say something since he is reading this thread.

Be a man and say something. Apologize, keep trolling, do something.

Actually odds are he is just laughing at all of this while using his tears as lube.

street_burial
04-19-2012, 12:24 AM
Hey Magson

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lorcqdk3F51qh9rbdo1_500.gif

larvtard
04-19-2012, 05:22 AM
You guys and your homophobic insults... :tp:

Chris_M_S
04-19-2012, 06:10 AM
What hath I wrought

Chris_M_S
04-19-2012, 07:13 AM
I just wanted to talk to the nice people about the tour :(

brutal_descent
04-19-2012, 07:23 AM
What hath I wrought

Don't worry, this would have happened at some point anyway.

makethemsuffer12
04-19-2012, 08:32 AM

Partially agreed, but you really got to drop the holier-than-thou attitude, dude.

DementedX14
04-19-2012, 08:44 AM
I am just surprised Magson hasn't been banned yet. :confused:

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-19-2012, 09:07 AM
I am just surprised Magson hasn't been banned yet. :confused:

Exactly. Its well overdue and he has earned it numerous times yet always slips through the cracks.

Chris_M_S
04-19-2012, 09:12 AM
I'll forgive if he buys some Metal Blade flip-flops or some such nonsense

Chris_M_S
04-19-2012, 09:29 AM
I don't think there's a column for that in my inventory/receipts spreadsheet I have to send back to the label after every show. And I can't send it via money order.

larvtard
04-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Partially agreed, but you really got to drop the holier-than-thou attitude, dude.

I'm holier-than-thou than for rolling my eyes? Haha, all right. Call me an asshole if you want. I am an asshole, and I'm fucking proud. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm definitely "holier" than those who would level homophobic insults at others.

makethemsuffer12
04-19-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm holier-than-thou than for rolling my eyes? Haha, all right. Call me an asshole if you want. I am an asshole, and I'm fucking proud. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm definitely "holier" than those who would level homophobic insults at others.

You never cease to entertain me. Be it a depressed social-retard or this new, overconfident, I'm-better-than-you persona, the fun never stops!

dcmetal108
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
I'll forgive if he buys some Metal Blade flip-flops or some such nonsense

Trust me, I don't think you'd want him within a 500 foot radius of you.

larvtard
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
You never cease to entertain me. Be it a depressed social-retard or this new, overconfident, I'm-better-than-you persona, the fun never stops!

I didn't realize the two things were mutually exclusive!

DisposableJustice
04-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Hate to break up the love fest, but got some new on Slayer-

http://www.metalinsider.net/releases/slayers-new-ep-will-be-released-right-before-mayhem-fest-kicks-off

back to your scheduled programming ;)

Chris_M_S
04-19-2012, 10:52 AM
As long as they play "Black Magic" every night I'll be happy

Sepultura69
04-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Slayer should perform all of "South of Heaven" in its entirety to commemorate it's 25th anniversary for this years Mayhem fest.

DisposableJustice
04-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Slayer should perform all of "South of Heaven" in its entirety to commemorate it's 25th anniversary for this years Mayhem fest.

This, although I don't see it happening; but they could play some of the rarer tracks off it like Live Undead, Behind the Crooked Cross, or Spill the Blood

Magson13
04-19-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't get banned because I post opinions. Unpopular opinions, in an abrasive manner, but opinions nonetheless.

MPF, that's cool you were sitting there watching the online now list, keeping tabs on my username. And you say I'm obsessed with you? :lol:

Sepultura69
04-19-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't get banned because I post opinions. Unpopular opinions, in an abrasive manner, but opinions nonetheless.

:tp:

Magson13
04-19-2012, 12:58 PM

They want me banned, and while they ask for it, they break a rule verbatim :lol:

MPF
04-19-2012, 01:25 PM

MPF, that's cool you were sitting there watching the online now list, keeping tabs on my username. And you say I'm obsessed with you? :lol:

It shows on the bottom of the screen. :lol: All you gotta do is look down. Also someone pointed that out to me, and I commented on it.

And for the first part, Ravenheart does the same thing you do, but he knows how not to be universally hated.

and if it took you that long to come up with a comeback. I didn't even need to do my job here, you've shown yourself that you can't be taken seriously, at all.

Chris_M_S
04-19-2012, 01:50 PM

Kerry hates "Cleanse the Soul" so I don't think you'll see that any time soon. He's talked about it in interviews before when people have brought up playing that album all the way through.

Xenocide
04-19-2012, 02:56 PM
As annoying as I find Magson I don't get why you think he should be banned. Being a dick isn't against the rules.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-19-2012, 03:16 PM
As annoying as I find Magson I don't get why you think he should be banned. Being a dick isn't against the rules.

He constantly harrasses people, belittles people and never contributes anything positive or worthwhile. You nor I would get as many chances to act like an ass before we were banned.

Sepultura69
04-19-2012, 03:16 PM
He constantly harrasses people, belittles people and never contributes anything positive or worthwhile. You nor I would get as many chances to act like an ass before we were banned.

There's no need for people who come on this board to post upcoming Lil' Wayne tour dates. None, what so ever.. :hmm:

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Never posted Lil Wayne... can't stand rap...

DementedX14
04-19-2012, 03:20 PM
There's no need for people who come on this board to post upcoming Lil' Wayne tour dates. None, what so ever.. :hmm:

:fist::fist::fist:

Sepultura69
04-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Never posted Lil Wayne... can't stand rap...

I was referring to Magson. He made a thread about an upcoming Lil Wayne tour awhile back.

dcmetal108
04-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Imagine that. Banned? He should be shot.

By an army tank.

:D:D:D:D:D

kommie
04-19-2012, 07:18 PM
I just don't see why people don't read Magson's posts, and then ignore them, eventually if people stopped feeding it, it might abandon site.

treghet
04-19-2012, 11:29 PM
I just don't see why people don't read Magson's posts, and then ignore them, eventually if people stopped feeding it, it might abandon site.

Chris_M_S
04-20-2012, 08:13 AM
So, uh, Slayer, right?

Sepultura69
04-29-2012, 07:57 AM
So, uh, Slayer, right?

speaking of slayer...

I decided to finally get my GA pit tickets yesterday, only to find out they are totally sold out of the pits, all the great seats and pretty much all the super awesome seats/orchestra areas. The only seats left are the super shitty lodge seats.

I guess this means i will have to use stub hubb. There is no way i can see my favorite metal band of all time in fucking seats, hell no, i won't take that for an answer! A band like slayer needs to be witness in the front where all the mayhem and carnage takes place. Pretty shocked that no tickets are available for any of the good areas for this show. I don't remember tickets selling out this fast for Mayhem Fest 2009....then again, I got my tickets for 2009 the moment they went on sale :eyes:

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Which show are you going to?

Sepultura69
04-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Which show are you going to?

The Mayhem fest date thats on the 30th of June in San Bernardino, which also happens to the be first date of the tour. Oh shit, speaking of which, this is the first date of when the tour kicks off! I smell a bad case of technical difficulties and sound problems :eyes:

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 08:38 AM
We're doing a rehearsal day the day before at the venue, which will hopefully get rid of a lot of that stuff. And yeah, that has been one of the better-selling shows of the tour so far. I think that maybe some of those GA tickets are tied up in unsold VIP packages (just a theory, not fact) and might be released later if the VIP packages don't all move. I'd keep checking, but yeah, I don't know if there are any shows on the tour that still have standard general admission tickets available right now.

Sepultura69
04-29-2012, 09:38 AM
We're doing a rehearsal day the day before at the venue, which will hopefully get rid of a lot of that stuff. And yeah, that has been one of the better-selling shows of the tour so far. I think that maybe some of those GA tickets are tied up in unsold VIP packages (just a theory, not fact) and might be released later if the VIP packages don't all move. I'd keep checking, but yeah, I don't know if there are any shows on the tour that still have standard general admission tickets available right now.

Nah, unfortunately. But it's cool, I will just use stub Hub. My friend used it one time to get us tickets for Rage Against the Machine/Muse and it worked out perfectly. Well kinda, we picked it up at some stub hub office in Hollywood(he got the tickets on the day of the show so we just picked them up on the way while we made our drive up to hollywood for the show. Actually, the office was right next to where the show took place), but I'm sure having it mailed here should be just as easy. And with the new era of people just printing out tickets through their own printers instead of having to have it mailed with shipping and handling BS, I'm pretty sure there should be an option on stub hub that would let me print out my tickets right then, and there through my own printer.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Well either way, I'll make sure they get the sound issues straightened out in the rehearsal, when I tell them that you're nervous about it they'll double their efforts.

Sepultura69
04-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Well either way, I'll make sure they get the sound issues straightened out in the rehearsal, when I tell them that you're nervous about it they'll double their efforts.

Oh shit, really? You're actually going to be back stage with the bands and stuff? Do you work for some metal news/site or something where you get to go back stage and do interviews or something?

I don't think we've quite yet met, did you just join this board? Btw everyone here just calls me sepultura69 because that was my original user name back in 2010, even though I changed it recently, but for some reason I still prefer everyone call me Sep69 ;)

OH and i appreciate that man, I would hate to see slayer and tons of other bands with shitty fucked up sound problems. That always happens at a lot of tours when its the first date of the entire leg of the tour. Which is why i was a bit disappointed when i realized our show is the first date of the tour, and the last thing i wanna see is sound problems and technical issues when I'm shelling out over 100-200 bucks for some stub hubb tickets. :hmm:

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm doing the full tour, I've got a bunk on a bus and everything. I'll be working for Metal Blade during the day and writing daily recaps or little stories for the Mayhem site with the rest of my time, probably. I'm primarily a writer.

I've been a lurker on the site for years, I just had never joined up.

Mayhem is such a big production that they do a big rehearsal/dry run thing the day before to work out any kinks. If anything, I'd imagine the sound would be better at this show than others, because they'll have had an extra day to work on it. But really as far as I'm concerned, all sheds sound the same, but we'll see.

TiradesOfTruth
04-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Awesome we have a guy that's on the inside.

Sepultura69
04-29-2012, 10:20 AM
I've been a lurker on the site for years, I just had never joined up.

Same here! I have been lurking on this site as early as 2008, but I finally decided to join in october 2010. That's fucking awesome man, hope you do your best to make sure Slayer and the rest of the line up dish out the best sound they can possibly dish out, and let them know that SEPULTURA 69 Demands everyone to be spot-clean-perfrect! Considering that I will probably be paying around 150-200 bucks for tickets that were being sol for 80 bucks, I will be thoroughly disappointed if the bands fuck up on the sound, which I'm sure of, but with you there I am sure that won't be much of a problem. :rocker: :tongue::hmm:

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 10:21 AM
This will be me during the 2nd stage, then I pack it up and enjoy the rest of my evening. Meaning Slayer 26 times.

http://a1.img.mobypicture.com/ed100be69a8ad9869806521cbc2e4420_view.jpg

Sepultura69
04-29-2012, 10:24 AM
This will be me during the 2nd stage, then I pack it up and enjoy the rest of my evening. Meaning Slayer 26 times.

http://a1.img.mobypicture.com/ed100be69a8ad9869806521cbc2e4420_view.jpg

Dude, we should meet up at the show or something! Always nice to meet other members on this board. I have only met 4 members on this forum in person, but its' always great to meet more. :rocker:

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 10:25 AM
I went to Mayhem the first year in Hartford, the main stage was semi-decent (Mastodon, Slipknot, Dragonforce when they were a semi-new novelty) and I was able to drag a friend along backstage and take all that in, it was his first backstage experience. Then I went to three shows on the 2009 tour to cover it for a magazine and ended up becoming friends with Manson for a while, so that was a weird summer. No idea what kind of chaos will ensue this year, but I know I'm going to try to get Tim from AILD to do at least one Austrian Death Machine song at some point and scribble "Black Magic" on all of Slayer's setlists

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Well, it's not like you won't know where to find me. Ha.

Sepultura69
04-29-2012, 10:28 AM
I know I'm going to try to get Tim from AILD to do at least one Austrian Death Machine song at some point and scribble "Black Magic" on all of Slayer's setlists

Or you could just scribble down the entire track listing of South of Heaven to accommodate the 25th anniversary. :tongue: ;)

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Kerry would see "Cleanse the Soul" and know something was up. He hates that song.

Fun fact, on Mayhem 2009, Slayer would open with "Disciple," which had the "Darkness of Christ" intro played beforehand. They would pump the intro directly into the soundboard via...a pink iPod Nano.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Well, it's not like you won't know where to find me. Ha.

I'll definitely come by the metal blade tent & say hi. Nice to have you aboard metalsetlists.com \m/

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm oddly addicted to going onto the dates list for Mayhem - http://rockstarmayhemfest.com/dates - and going to 'buy tickets' on each city, and looking at how most of them now, the ones that use the LiveNation ticket system, have the thing where you can click on exact seats and see how many are sold/taken/available. It's interesting to see which markets are selling better than others. LA is doing well, Houston is doing well, Boston and Tampa are looking slow so far, but they're later in the tour. It's just interesting to me, maybe no one else cares. I always wonder how well shows are doing beforehand.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 10:36 AM
I realize that sounds like some street team gibberish, I didn't mean for it to. I'm not a publicist, I promise.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-29-2012, 10:38 AM
I realize that sounds like some street team gibberish, I didn't mean for it to. I'm not a publicist, I promise.

I do that too hahaha. I don't just like metal, I like how the whole structure of bands/albums/touring works.

TiradesOfTruth
04-29-2012, 10:40 AM
That's pretty fucking awesome I think. And Chris M S I will stop by and say hello in Detroit.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-29-2012, 10:41 AM
I've got 2 Pantera tattoos, an Iron Maiden tattoo & 1 for Down as well.

Sepultura69
04-29-2012, 10:44 AM
I've got 2 Pantera tattoos, an Iron Maiden tattoo & 1 for Down as well.

Fuck yea man, I hate it when people say its super lame to get your favorite band tattooed on your body, and trust me dude, I've heard that shit before. Pisses me the fuck off. If you truly love something with all your heart, why not show your love for it by expressing it in a way that some just won't understand. Tatoos are a form of way to express art, show your love for something, whether it has a meaning to it, or a hidden meaning. Any kind of tattoo has a meaning of importance of sorts, Tattoos are put simply, a form expression, to show your love for something in a way that some people just won't understand it.

You have no idea how pissed i get when i hear "thats lame to get a band logged on your body". Logo? You call it logo, I call it expressing yourself, assholes. :rocker:

I would love to see the pantera tattoos , and iron maiden. :rocker:

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Whats lame is to have someone think they are so high & mighty that they are experts on what types of tattoos people should get.

I started a thread for band related ink: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?p=462954#post462954

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Most of my friends are covered in tattoos, I never got any. Everyone in Brooklyn had tattoos. My bosses had tattoos. I had a moment where I felt I should get some but it passed and I'm glad I didn't, I don't think they'd look good on me.

Sepultura69
04-29-2012, 10:55 AM

No you weren't gibberish at all, you're cool with me, and it's great to have you on this board. A nice change of pace after all that messy shit with Magson annoying ass flowing around here :hecho:

Trust me man, you're cool. :fist:

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-29-2012, 11:03 AM
/\/\/\ That.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Gee, I feel like the prettiest girl at the dance.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Around these parts you'd likely be the only girl at the dance :eek:

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Based on this year's lineup, I doubt we'll see too strong of a female presence at Mayhem, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe girls really dig Sumerian bands or something, I have no idea, I feel out of touch. The year with Manson/Trivium/Killswitch had a pretty fair amount of ladies, at least at the shows I went to (St Louis, Dallas, Oklahoma City), and Adam D seemed to bring all of them back afterwards for the parking lot dance party. That guy is a hero.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-29-2012, 11:26 AM
He is a cool guy. I was at the St. Louis show, I go there every year.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 11:29 AM
The St. Louis show is where I drank a bottle of absinthe with Manson and have no recollection of how I got back to the house. When I saw the Black Dahlia and Trivium guys later on the tour they said, "Yeah, you were looking pretty green." Nothing bad happened, though. Ended up making friends with Manson's porn star girlfriend at the time, so that was a nice plus. I'm temporarily living in St. Louis right now.

Also, Cannibal Corpse let me watch their set from the stage, that was pretty incredible.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Fun story, Nergal from Behemoth came up to me right before their set in St. Louis, in full gear, and gets right in my face and says "WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS PLACE?" I realized I could have said anything and he'd have gone up there and said it. I wanted to say "Baltimore" or "Moosejaw," but I wussed out and said "St. Louis" and he ran right out and shouted "What's up, St. Louis?"

Also, I watched them crack open cans of Monster and pour them on themselves during their set. I thought, "Holy shit, that's incredibly disgusting." I didn't realize at the time that Monster also has a canned water product, and that's what it was, not the liquid Jolly Rancher stuff.

Sepultura69
04-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Fun story, Nergal from Behemoth came up to me right before their set in St. Louis, in full gear, and gets right in my face and says "WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS PLACE?" I realized I could have said anything and he'd have gone up there and said it. I wanted to say "Baltimore" or "Moosejaw," but I wussed out and said "St. Louis" and he ran right out and shouted "What's up, St. Louis?"

Also, I watched them crack open cans of Monster and pour them on themselves during their set. I thought, "Holy shit, that's incredibly disgusting." I didn't realize at the time that Monster also has a canned water product, and that's what it was, not the liquid Jolly Rancher stuff.

This guy is awesome. :lol:

Glad to have more people like you on this board. :fist:

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-29-2012, 11:34 AM

Thats hilarious. I go to shows at Pops or The Pageant from time to time, next time I'm up that way for a show I'll let you know & maybe we can meet up or something.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Here's the time Manson dragged me onstage in Dallas. That's where I'm from, so I really hope there was at least one person in the crowd I went to high school with who was like, "Wait is that...no, it could be. Impossible." I probably would have been voted "least likely to end up onstage with Marilyn Manson" if there were such superlatives in the yearbook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZWvB2PivNpo#t=116s

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Ha, Pop's. I've avoided going over to the east side, and I've been here for over a year now. I go to the Pageant on rare occasion but mostly Fubar or Firebird for the smaller shows. I'll probably be at Black Cobra/COC/Torche right before I have to leave for Mayhem, I'm buddies with the Black Cobra guys, I toured with them for 6 weeks on that High on Fire tour in 2010, so they'll probably crash at my place.

TonyD
04-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Mayhem fest... more like Gayhem fest.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 11:42 AM
http://media31.podbean.com/pb/caba0fadded3dd1d36f39cda2a86a77a/4f9d998d/blogs31/370454/uploads/happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-clean.png

stylesclash516
04-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Man you have some great stories. I'll probably stop over and say hi on the Pittsburgh/Burgettstown date during TDWP or AA since I've been looking for something to do to kill time during those two bands (lol). I just wish this year's service fee's were a little lower, 30$ extra on a 50$ seat ticket. :mad:

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 12:17 PM
I can't believe how far outside of town that venue is. I think other than the Mansfield/Boston show, that's the one that's furthest outside of the metropolitan area it's supposed to be catering to. And it's too bad, I like Pittsburgh, I was just there in February.

dcmetal108
04-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Odds are I'll be at the Tinley Park stop. I'll be the one weird younger guy who loves DWP and Whitechapel but will also be going apeshit crazy and screaming like a girl for Anthrax.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 12:34 PM
With as many shows as I've gone to, this tour will somehow be my first time to see Anthrax. I think we're getting the MB booth set up pretty much front and center so I'll have a good view of the 2nd stage, so I'm stoked to get to see them every day. I think the only slot I'll be missing each day is the rotating main stage opener.

TheDeadPanda
04-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Here's the time Manson dragged me onstage in Dallas. That's where I'm from, so I really hope there was at least one person in the crowd I went to high school with who was like, "Wait is that...no, it could be. Impossible." I probably would have been voted "least likely to end up onstage with Marilyn Manson" if there were such superlatives in the yearbook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZWvB2PivNpo#t=116s

Just curious what high school did you go to? Im from grand prairie so I'll be at the Dallas show. Probably come say hi if I remember haha

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 01:09 PM
I was in Richardson. Not exactly close, but in the rough vicinity. I'm pretty stoked for the Dallas show, even if it is on a Tuesday and most of my friends won't be able to come since they're 'adults' and have 'jobs' and 'wives' and 'kids' and stuff.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm actually missing my 10-year reunion to do the tour. The reunion is on the same day as the next to last show, the Scranton date. I'm going to try to get a picture of me onstage with Slayer after their set in front of like 15,000 people and send that in in my absence. Or arm-wrestling with Lemmy.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Do you really like Motorhead? Like, $600 like Motorhead? Do you like light snacks and soft drinks? (http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173252&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth. net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29)

Xenocide
04-29-2012, 04:11 PM
loooooooooool

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Oh look, someone is actually going to the Mansfield show

Xenocide
04-29-2012, 04:25 PM
One of the few.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm just glad we don't have to go into Boston itself and can avoid that traffic nightmare. I guess I won't care as much being in a bus, but driving the tour van into Boston and getting stuck in that traffic is the goddamn worst.

detuned
04-29-2012, 04:50 PM
comcast center during a show is the definition of traffic nightmare, and id much rather drive through boston proper than deal with that shit. but of course you dont have to come in and out of there when the attendees do so you wont have the pleasure of getting stuck in the bottleneck outside the venue for 2 hours.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Yeah, we'll be in there before anyone and we'll be partying in the parking lot while everyone leaves, so it won't be so bad. I just remember sitting in standstill traffic on the way to Boston from Philly with Priestess a few years ago and almost missing load-in at the Middle East.

Xenocide
04-29-2012, 05:37 PM
comcast center during a show is the definition of traffic nightmare, and id much rather drive through boston proper than deal with that shit. but of course you dont have to come in and out of there when the attendees do so you wont have the pleasure of getting stuck in the bottleneck outside the venue for 2 hours.

Mayhem 2009 and 2010 were pretty bad trying to get out, but both times less than 30 minutes of traffic. Last summer I left right at the beginning of Down With The Sickness, Disturbed's last song, got to the car right when the song ended. No traffic whatsoever.

Xenocide
04-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Also Chris, have you heard any word on the actual rotating main stage opener dates?

detuned
04-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Mayhem 2009 and 2010 were pretty bad trying to get out, but both times less than 30 minutes of traffic. Last summer I left right at the beginning of Down With The Sickness, Disturbed's last song, got to the car right when the song ended. No traffic whatsoever.
yeah, ive never had problems if i leave the moment a band starts their last song, but the traffic before is complete fucking bullshit and ive vowed never go back after twice in a row getting stuck for hours. completely missed isis opening for tool and the first FIVE songs of radiohead's set because of that.

only have broke that vow once for mayhem 2010, but that was only because i didnt have to pay and was only there for 2 bands and could easily get there late and leave early.

Chris_M_S
04-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Also Chris, have you heard any word on the actual rotating main stage opener dates?
No, I don't have that info yet, sorry. I doubt it's even been decided yet.

mastodon421
04-30-2012, 03:29 AM
I don't have tickets yet, but I also plan on going to the Mansfield show. On the topic of the main stage openers, I am assuming it's going to be the order they appear on the poster like last year , which would mean As I Lay Dying does the first section, then The Devil Wears Prada does the next one, than Asking Alexandria does the last one (which means they will opening main Stage in Mansfield:bouville:

Chris_M_S
04-30-2012, 05:56 AM
I'd almost prefer to have one of the bands I don't like as much opening the main stage, means you have plenty of time after Anthrax to wander to the main stage, get food or whatever (or buy a shirt at the Metal Blade tent).

coltongsmith
04-30-2012, 06:23 AM
I'd almost prefer to have one of the bands I don't like as much opening the main stage, means you have plenty of time after Anthrax to wander to the main stage, get food or whatever (or buy a shirt at the Metal Blade tent).

this is what im hoping for

Chris_M_S
04-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Ozzfest was always good about that, they never had a band opening the main stage that I felt I had to see. I guess that's because it was usually Black Label Society or Chevelle or something.

street_burial
04-30-2012, 07:03 AM
I really hope AA is the last side stage band at the Bristow date so i can get over to the Main Stage and get rail.

Chris_M_S
04-30-2012, 07:12 AM
Anthrax closes the second stage every day

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2012, 08:19 AM

I hope they get at least an hour long set. I wanna hear alot of songs from Worship Music \m/

street_burial
04-30-2012, 08:32 AM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Chris_M_S
04-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Cannibal got a pretty decent set, ~50 minutes, when they headlined the second stage. It was at least eight or nine songs.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2012, 08:42 AM
They said Anthrax would get a headline set. Hopefully it equals the length of Slipknot's set. Its the small stage & I for one don't mind missing the opening band on the main stage.

Chris_M_S
04-30-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm told Anthrax was offered the opening slot on the main stage and said no, they wanted to headline the second stage. I'm pretty jazzed that I get Anthrax as my tear-down music every day, even if I'm a total poseur and only really know 'Among the Living' and a few of the singles

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm told Anthrax was offered the opening slot on the main stage and said no, they wanted to headline the second stage. I'm pretty jazzed that I get Anthrax as my tear-down music every day, even if I'm a total poseur and only really know 'Among the Living' and a few of the singles

I like all of the Belladonna era material & most of the Bush era as well. Worship Music is a great album. I advise everyone to give a few hundred listens before Mayhem Fest :)

Xenocide
04-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm praying to Satan that Asking Alexandria opens my main stage so I can miss them for Anthrax. If As I Lay Dying open the main stage I'll be pretty wrought.

Steev
04-30-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm praying to Satan that Asking Alexandria opens my main stage so I can miss them for Anthrax. If As I Lay Dying open the main stage I'll be pretty wrought.

this

dcmetal108
04-30-2012, 12:29 PM
I really hope AA opens mainstage for Tinley Park because I'd really like to see AILD and I love TDWP (it'll be my fourth time seeing them during Mayhem) but no matter what I'll be watching all of Anthrax.

mastodon421
04-30-2012, 12:37 PM

I doubt Asking Alexandria will start until after Anthrax is done. I also doubt that Anthrax will get an hour long set. I would say 40, 45 tops for them. If Asking Alexandria and Anthrax are playing at the same time, I will be beyond happy.

dcmetal108
04-30-2012, 12:46 PM
I doubt Asking Alexandria will start until after Anthrax is done. I also doubt that Anthrax will get an hour long set. I would say 40, 45 tops for them. If Asking Alexandria and Anthrax are playing at the same time, I will be beyond happy.

When it was announced the poster said Anthrax playing a headlining set.

mastodon421
04-30-2012, 12:50 PM
When it was announced the poster said Anthrax playing a headlining set.

I know, but I still don't think they will actually give them an hour.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2012, 01:22 PM
I know, but I still don't think they will actually give them an hour.

I say it will be an hour. They said 'headlining set'. That means they play as long as the headliners on the main stage. Maybe someone with catch Benante or Ian on twitter and ask them.

Chris_M_S
05-02-2012, 07:34 AM
It looks like lots of sites, when re-posting the list of tour dates, are posting a schedule that has a Buffalo-area date on August 1, but this isn't on the Mayhem site. It looks like this show IS happening, but only with the main stage bands plus Anthrax as an off-date. It was initially a full-on Mayhem date, but it looks like it's been scaled back. Some of the second stage bands still seem to have the show listed on their sites, though.

Xenocide
05-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Same thing happened last year for the same date.

Chris_M_S
05-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Haha I wish the whole tour was going there for selfish reasons, I have a buddy up there and how often does one really go to Buffalo?

Sanitarium78
05-03-2012, 05:11 AM
It looks like lots of sites, when re-posting the list of tour dates, are posting a schedule that has a Buffalo-area date on August 1, but this isn't on the Mayhem site. It looks like this show IS happening, but only with the main stage bands plus Anthrax as an off-date. It was initially a full-on Mayhem date, but it looks like it's been scaled back. Some of the second stage bands still seem to have the show listed on their sites, though.

The venue did the same thing last year. We got Trivium, In Flames, Megadeth, Dogsmack and Disturbed doing the main stage and that was it. Machine Head was supposed to play but one of the guys was sick so they pulled out of the show.

Basically, the story goes like this. The venue, Darien Lake PAC had Mayhem there it's first year in 2008. They had the side stages and everyone played and it was a great fuckin time. But unfortunately there were some rowdy fans and I guess the police had to be called to the venue a few times to break up fights and make some arrests and ever since then the venue, who's obviously owned by a bunch of pussies, didn't want anything to do with Mayhem so they never booked it again.

Then last summer our local rock station 103.3 The Edge decided to bring it here by calling it The Edge summer Bar-B-Q. Only the venue didn't wanna book the side stage so only the main stage was played on. They're doing the same thing with it this year. Only Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax and Motorhead have been announced for this year's show so far. They'll probably add in one of the other side stage bands to. This is pretty much why it's now become an "unofficial" tour stop for Mayhem and that's why it doesn't appear on the Mayhem tour page but the date appears on the pages for Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax and Motorhead.

Chris_M_S
05-03-2012, 05:52 AM
Makes total sense. Metal Blade hasn't removed the date from AILD and Whitechapel's pages yet, but that's probably just an oversight. Unless I end up going with one of the bands to an off-date or if I just end up going to Buffalo with the headliners, that's our only two-day break the entire fest.

AnthG
05-03-2012, 08:18 PM
The venue did the same thing last year. We got Trivium, In Flames, Megadeth, Dogsmack and Disturbed doing the main stage and that was it. Machine Head was supposed to play but one of the guys was sick so they pulled out of the show.

Basically, the story goes like this. The venue, Darien Lake PAC had Mayhem there it's first year in 2008. They had the side stages and everyone played and it was a great fuckin time. But unfortunately there were some rowdy fans and I guess the police had to be called to the venue a few times to break up fights and make some arrests and ever since then the venue, who's obviously owned by a bunch of pussies, didn't want anything to do with Mayhem so they never booked it again.

Then last summer our local rock station 103.3 The Edge decided to bring it here by calling it The Edge summer Bar-B-Q. Only the venue didn't wanna book the side stage so only the main stage was played on. They're doing the same thing with it this year. Only Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax and Motorhead have been announced for this year's show so far. They'll probably add in one of the other side stage bands to. This is pretty much why it's now become an "unofficial" tour stop for Mayhem and that's why it doesn't appear on the Mayhem tour page but the date appears on the pages for Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax and Motorhead.

I've never been to Darien Lake so I don't know what the set up is like, but Amphitheatres that are contained with an amusement park or some other type of attraction usually have a problem with side stages because of the lack of space. Most amphitheatres I believe have the 2nd stages set up in the parking lots. With places like Darien Lake (I would assume) and the Molston Amphitheatre in Toronto doesn't have that ability due to them being inside amusement parks.

The Molson Amphitheatre has had to fuck around with tours containing multiple stages a bunch of times because of that. In fact when Mayhem came here in 2008, it was originally supposed to be at the Molson Amphitheatre, but then when the tour was officially announced it was moved to Downsview Park (it hasn't been here since). Fast forward to 2010 when the Uproar tour was there, originally the 2nd stage bands weren't to play at all because multiple stages cause a traffic nightmare on the grounds. Eventually they had the 2nd stage added, but playing at the same time as the main stage bands. Me and my friend had to duck out of watching A7X's set since they were playing at the same time as Hail the Villain. I think New Medicine was playing at the same time as Disturbed, so i'm sure New Medicine had very few people watching them.

Chris_M_S
05-08-2012, 07:01 AM
I know this is total cliche press release speak, but I'm not gonna lie and say that it didn't get me a little hard

Also, it answers a question or two that has been asked here.

Charlie Benante: "We decided to pattern the Mayhem set on the kind of shows the RAMONES used to do: a high-energy, non-stop barrage of hit, hit, hit, hit, hit. No lulls, no filler, totally in your face. We're going to be playing a supersonic-paced set loaded with the best of our best."

"We really like the idea of not 'playing to seats,'" added Scott Ian, "and we want our crowd to have the freedom to move around, to go crazy with us. Plus, we've been on the road together now for about two years, so we're tighter as a band than we've ever been. Our Mayhem set will be a fun, fast and furious 45-minutes, so they'd better have the EMTs on hand."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173692

mastodon421
05-08-2012, 07:50 AM
I knew they wouldn't get a hour. Still, 45 minutes of Anthrax is going to be awesome and I'm glad I finally get to see them.

Steev
05-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Well ill be seeing them at Rock On The Range(where they're headlining a side stage) probably similar set length so ill keep everyone posted on how that goes

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-08-2012, 09:31 AM
As good as Worship Music is they should drop the cover songs (Got the time/Antisocial) in favor of newer material.

Xenocide
05-08-2012, 11:03 AM
They should NOT drop Antisocial. Nothing on Worship Music touches that song.

Chris_M_S
05-08-2012, 11:17 AM
I just want my Among the Living songs to tear apart the merch tent to every day, it will be like aural cocaine and I'll get SO MUCH WORK DONE

dcmetal108
05-08-2012, 12:14 PM
So they'll play :

Caught In A Mosh
Earth On Hell
Fight Em Till You Can't
Indians
Madhouse
Among The Living
Metal Thrashing Mad

Those are the ones for sure.

brutal_descent
05-08-2012, 12:18 PM
So they'll play :

Caught in a Mosh
Earth on Hell
Fight Em Till You Can't
Indians
Madhouse
Among the Living
Metal Thrashing Mad

I Am the Law as well.

anomynous
05-08-2012, 12:29 PM

Can't tell if serious

metallicbrian666
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
So they'll play :

Caught In A Mosh
Earth On Hell
Fight Em Till You Can't
Indians
Madhouse
Among The Living
Metal Thrashing Mad

They won't play Among the Living if they have a relatively short set. They were rotating it out with NFL last tour (dumb, it's their best fucking song)

Xenocide
05-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Can't tell if serious

is serious

Wrecking Crew
05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
They won't play Among the Living if they have a relatively short set. They were rotating it out with NFL last tour (dumb, it's their best fucking song)

I'll be mega-pissed if they don't play it, I agree it's their best song.

Chris_M_S
05-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Argh over a month and a half to wait still. I'm just gonna lock myself up and play Diablo 3 until the first date of the tour.

Xenocide
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
3 until my date :/

Sanitarium78
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
As good as Worship Music is they should drop the cover songs (Got the time/Antisocial) in favor of newer material.

Has anybody ever thought of those songs as covers? Seriously, these two songs are Anthrax songs as far as i'm conscerned. Just like Metallica made Am I Evil their song, Anthrax has done the same with those two. It's not like when Anthrax does Antisocial people are saying "why the hell are they doing that damn Trust song again?" That's because nobody knows who the fuck Trust is and Anthrax has taken the song to a level that has made the song their own. Same goes for GTT, who the fuck is Joe Jackson?

I agree that they shouldn't drop it but to say nothing on Worship Music touches it might mean you have to listen to Worship Music a few more times because you're missing something.

mankvill
05-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Just like Metallica made Am I Evil their song

After seeing Diamond Head, I can't think that anymore.

Sanitarium78
05-08-2012, 06:25 PM
After seeing Diamond Head, I can't think that anymore.

After seeing Metallica taking an unknown song from an unknown band and playing it at the bulk of their shows for over 20 years, making the song very popular in the metal world, I can't see that song as anything other than a Metallica song. Fact is, if Metallica had never covered that song nobody would know or give a damn about Diamond Head and anybody who says different is more than likely lying.

Xenocide
05-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Chris, what will you be selling at the Metal Blade tent? I might throw you a bone and pick something up :blaze:

slapguitarer
05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I'll admit if Metallica hadn't covered it I wouldn't have known about it sooner, but the Diamond Head version is definitely a lot better.

mankvill
05-08-2012, 06:50 PM
After seeing Metallica taking an unknown song from an unknown band and playing it at the bulk of their shows for over 20 years, making the song very popular in the metal world, I can't see that song as anything other than a Metallica song. Fact is, if Metallica had never covered that song nobody would know or give a damn about Diamond Head and anybody who says different is more than likely lying.

Troof :fist:

but seeing them do it was unbelievable awesome. :drool:

TiradesOfTruth
05-08-2012, 06:55 PM
I still think Antisocial should be left on the set.

anomynous
05-08-2012, 07:00 PM
I still don't give a damn about Diamond Head.

They're boring.

mankvill
05-08-2012, 07:33 PM

They're boring.

*punches you right in the tooth*

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-08-2012, 10:04 PM

They're boring.

I've seen Anthrax several times and for me its time for them to play newer material. I think the new album is their best since ATL and I look forward to hearing at least 3 songs from that album at Mayhem Fest (preferably Devil That You Know, I'm Alive & In The End... although Judas Priest would be cool too). Antisocial & Got The Time are boring to me at this point. While Anthrax did make them more popular, unlike Metallica, they have those 2 cover songs in the set night after night for the past 2 decades, or so it seems. I guess if I was a casual Anthrax fan & hadn't seen them that much I would want those songs left in the set too.

Chris_M_S
05-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Chris, what will you be selling at the Metal Blade tent? I might throw you a bone and pick something up :blaze:

All manner of Metal Blade-branded stuff, shirts and the like, mostly clothing, as well as a few of the 'evergreen' Metal Blade releases, so likely some GWAR, Cannibal Corpse, early Slayer, etc. albums. It won't be a full-on CD store like some labels have done on previous fests, since most people coming to shows like that aren't there to record shop.

Also, Metal Blade has the biggest bags, so even if people aren't buying our shit, I can say, "Hey, want a bag?" and they're walking around for the rest of the day with a big bag that says METAL BLADE on it.

I'm going to try to come up with some silly gimmicks, like the first person to come to the booth and do their best "Angel of Death" scream in each city gets a shirt for 50% off or something, I'll have to get approval first, though.

mankvill
05-08-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm going to try to come up with some silly gimmicks, like the first person to come to the booth and do their best "Angel of Death" scream in each city gets a shirt for 50% off or something, I'll have to get approval first, though.

"Name a band on the first Metal Massacre compilation that isn't Metallica!"

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-08-2012, 11:02 PM
So they'll play :

Caught In A Mosh
Earth On Hell
Fight Em Till You Can't
Indians
Madhouse
Among The Living
Metal Thrashing Mad

I hope its more like:

Caught In A Mosh
Fight Em Till You Can't
Madhouse
Indians
I'm Alive
Be All, End All or Antisocial
In The End
I Am The Law

That set list clocks in near 45 minutes...

kalfitegrdan
05-08-2012, 11:42 PM
I hope its more like:

Caught In A Mosh
Fight Em Till You Can't
Madhouse
Indians
I'm Alive
Be All, End All or Antisocial
In The End
I Am The Law

That set list clocks in near 45 minutes...

Among the Living better be in their set list.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Among the Living better be in their set list.

I agree... in place of Indians if I had a choice.

I think AtL, Skeletons in the Closet, I'm Alive, In the End, Finale, In My World & Belly of the Beast should be permanent staples in the Anthrax setlist :)

kalfitegrdan
05-08-2012, 11:56 PM

I love Indians, but definitely. I also would love to hear Judas Priest. That's gotta be my favorite song on Worship Music.

NickLed19
05-09-2012, 01:30 AM
N.F.L needs to be in the set.

makethemsuffer12
05-09-2012, 05:36 AM

I think AtL, Skeletons in the Closet, I'm Alive, In the End, Finale, In My World & Belly of the Beast should be permanent staples in the Anthrax setlist :)

I love Indians, but definitely. I also would love to hear Judas Priest. That's gotta be my favorite song on Worship Music.

Y'all are crazy. It is not, repeat, NOT an Anthrax show without the muthafuckin' WARDANCE.

Steev
05-09-2012, 05:49 AM
All manner of Metal Blade-branded stuff, shirts and the like, mostly clothing, as well as a few of the 'evergreen' Metal Blade releases, so likely some GWAR, Cannibal Corpse, early Slayer, etc. albums. It won't be a full-on CD store like some labels have done on previous fests, since most people coming to shows like that aren't there to record shop.

Also, Metal Blade has the biggest bags, so even if people aren't buying our shit, I can say, "Hey, want a bag?" and they're walking around for the rest of the day with a big bag that says METAL BLADE on it.

I usually bring a backpack to carry shit

How about a trivia question like "what platinum selling pop band was once signed to Metal Blade?"

Sanitarium78
05-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Y'all are crazy. It is not, repeat, NOT an Anthrax show without the muthafuckin' WARDANCE.

Exactly. Anyone who thinks they should drop Indians is fuckin clueless as to what that song has done for the band, what it means to the fans and how the WARDANCE adds more to the Anthrax concert experience than anything else they play.

This will be Anthrax's set at Mayhem for sure:

Earth On Hell
Caught In A Mosh
Got The Time
Fight Em Til You Can't
Antisocial
The Devil You Know
Indians
Metal Thrashing Mad
Madhouse
I Am The Law

It might not be the exact order but you're fooling yourself if you think the set will be anything but this. Maybe MTM, TDYK or another song gets rotated out for ATL or NFL at some shows. Unfortunately, that's about all the variety you're gonna get out of them on this tour or any other one for that matter. It's too bad they don't realise was a great back catalog they have with the Belladonna stuff. It's also very likely they're too lazy to try anything different and just wanna stick with the songs that got them the most success. Even though I don't recall GTT being that big of a song for them. There's no need for that to still get played over all the great songs that are on POT. But the song is simple and easy to play, so they stick with it so they don't have to try too hard.

Chris_M_S
05-09-2012, 06:22 AM
I usually bring a backpack to carry shit

How about a trivia question like "what platinum selling pop band was once signed to Metal Blade?"

That could be a good one. I'd probably ask that in person instead of on the Twitter, if I just put it up on Twitter everyone would look it up. I want to put people on the spot and find out who the super dorks are.

Steev
05-09-2012, 06:32 AM
That could be a good one. I'd probably ask that in person instead of on the Twitter, if I just put it up on Twitter everyone would look it up. I want to put people on the spot and find out who the super dorks are.

I already know it does that count:D

Chris_M_S
05-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Now that just wouldn't be fair, would it? You must really want a Metal Blade pirate shirt or some flip-flops or whatever the hell we're going to have

AnthG
05-09-2012, 06:55 AM
I already know it and I'm a fan of said band. Does that count more?

Chris_M_S
05-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Fellas, fellas, please

Steev
05-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Now that just wouldn't be fair, would it? You must really want a Metal Blade pirate shirt or some flip-flops or whatever the hell we're going to have

Hey I like the label and have a ridiculous knowledge of metal

Chris_M_S
05-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Then I will see you at the booth. What city? I probably already asked at some point in this thread.

TiradesOfTruth
05-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Chris you can expect me to come by and say hello at the Detroit date.

Steev
05-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Then I will see you at the booth. What city? I probably already asked at some point in this thread.

Camden, NJ