PDA

View Full Version : Official Mayhem Fest Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]

mankvill
03-25-2014, 07:49 PM
7 repeats(2 of which are 3peats) not including bands who only did 1 or 2 dates in the past

are you shocked?

Steev
03-25-2014, 07:59 PM
are you shocked?

Somewhat, not that there's repeats in general but so many

mankvill
03-25-2014, 08:10 PM
Somewhat, not that there's repeats in general but so many

I'm shocked at how much people look forward to this fest based on how incredibly generic/bad it is every single year.

PVH5150
03-25-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm shocked at how much people look forward to this fest based on how incredibly generic/bad it is every single year.

I liken Mayhem Fest to Country Fest (a thing here that sells out Gillette Stadium twice each summer).

Why does the average person go? To hang in the parking lot, get plastered, get chicks to show their tits & listen to good music via the car stereos.

mankvill
03-25-2014, 08:17 PM
I liken Mayhem Fest to Country Fest (a thing here that sells out Gillette Stadium twice each summer).

Why does the average person go? To hang in the parking lot, get plastered, get chicks to show their tits & listen to good music via the car stereos.

Which is fucking lame and those people should be as respected as your average frat-boy goer to these country festivals.

rjturtle9
03-25-2014, 08:26 PM
I've gone every year. I'll admit, this year is pretty bad, but a day's worth of metal with a bunch of buddies in the summer at a show with at least 4 bands I wouldn't mind seeing (two of which I really want to see) warrants a lawn ticket. Besides I always get to the GA level with no hassle anyways so why the hell not?

XDoomsayerX
03-25-2014, 08:26 PM

Tru dat. Also the fanbase that shows up is usually trashy...very trashy. :eyes:

But what turtle said its just a good ol' cheap fun like a a quick booty call ya dig?

adamclark52
03-25-2014, 08:29 PM
I've only peaked in and out at this thread, but did anything Woverinekills predicted come in to fruition?

MPF
03-25-2014, 08:35 PM
I've only peaked in and out at this thread, but did anything Woverinekills predicted come in to fruition?

Well Mayhem Fest is still happening. :lol:

slapguitarer
03-25-2014, 08:35 PM
Absolute worst line-up yet. Last year's was pretty fun. This is a shit fest. At least in 2012 the shitty bands were relevant. Most of the older bands on this line-up should've stopped existing in the mid 2000s. Only slightly positive thing I can say is there's a decent amount of small bands, so it's cool they're giving small bands some limelight. Too bad most of those bands fucking suck dick.

mankvill
03-25-2014, 08:39 PM

He posted his fifteenth (incorrect) "leak" today shortly before the official site had bands on it. Then, when the bands were put on the official site, he deleted his "leaked" post and made a post containing the correct bands, saying a "band member" personally sent him the bands.

He's pathetic.

illuminatus917
03-25-2014, 08:40 PM
He posted his fifteenth (incorrect) "leak" today shortly before the official site had bands on it. Then, when the bands were put on the official site, he deleted his "leaked" post and made a post containing the correct bands, saying a "band member" personally sent him the bands.

He's pathetic.

:lol:

Nater
03-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Body Count makes me want to go to the Mansfield show but it's like a 3 hour drive so IDK prolly not/

TonyD
03-25-2014, 11:02 PM
"Islander- for fans of Deftones and Rage Against the Machine"
Look at the rest of the lineup, the Metalsucks second coming of nu-metal prophecy is being fulfilled.

NickLed19
03-26-2014, 12:33 AM
WK fails once again.

AnthG
03-26-2014, 04:00 AM

He's pathetic.

He has to be doing this on purpose now just to fuck with people. Right?

Steev
03-26-2014, 05:08 AM
So in the last half hour someone finally fixed the page, after a million FB posts showing how they screwed up(even more than when this happened in 2011 because that only leaked a few bands)

Really funny seeing 15 year old kids complain, while anyone 30 or over is going "fuck yeah Body Count"

Steev
03-26-2014, 05:34 AM
Oh the lulz, someone just said Manilla Road should play and the tour needs to be NWOBHM to be "real metal". Majority of the bands in that genre can't fill a sports bar here nowadays let alone a 20,000 person ampitheater.

DisposableJustice
03-26-2014, 11:55 AM
just for lulz:

the facebook event page for Denver is going through a shitstorm right now; in the last 10 minutes the date went from July 13th a Sunday to Monday the 14th....then they updated to July 24th a Thursday; to top it off they don't have the venue listed

https://www.facebook.com/events/619176308155121/?notif_t=plan_edited

now it's back to July 14th; I sense Hax

Steev
03-26-2014, 11:59 AM
They also said Camden is moving up a day to Aug 1st

John The Drummer
03-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Link isn't workin for me :(
Hope Body Count is playing Seattle/Auburn. Them alone will make me want to go... and then leave right away :D

Steev
03-26-2014, 12:01 PM
Camden and Scranton dates swapped, which leads me to believe Holmdel is either getting a date or atleast an off date on Jul 31st(which is between Wantaugh NY and Camden NJ)

DementedX14
03-26-2014, 12:52 PM
I've gone every year. I'll admit, this year is pretty bad, but a day's worth of metal with a bunch of buddies in the summer at a show with at least 4 bands I wouldn't mind seeing (two of which I really want to see) warrants a lawn ticket. Besides I always get to the GA level with no hassle anyways so why the hell not?

Same here. I guess it is one of my annual traditions to attend Mayhem since '08. Each line-up is a hit or miss sort of bands but I always have some fun each year. I just wished Ozzfest would return.:bliss:

AnataFan4Life
03-26-2014, 12:58 PM
This year's lineup is a little hit and a lot of miss

Steev
03-31-2014, 03:43 AM
The tour is official, was just posted by Fieldy from KoRn:
Avenged Sevenfold
KoRn
Asking Alexandria
Trivium
Body Count
Mushroomhead
Cannibal Corpse
Suicide Silence
Miss May I
Emmure
Darkest Hour
Ill Niņo
Veil of Maya
Upon a Burning Body
Wretched
Islander
King 810
Erihma
Texas Hippie Coalition

The 4 stage will be as follows:
Main Stage
Coldcock Herbal Whiskey Stage
Victory Records Stage
Sumerian Records/Headbang for the Highway Stage

First year with no Jagermeister stage(although they ditched the mobile one after 2011, and the guys running the tour own Coldcock), also wow at 2 record labels having stages

treghet
03-31-2014, 03:53 AM
:leak: I still can't believe any of you actually give a shit about this tour. This thread has been pretty damn entertaining though. RIP WOLVERINEKILLS.

PVH5150
03-31-2014, 04:20 AM
Body Count off date at Royale, pls.

mastodon421
03-31-2014, 05:23 AM
Body Count off date at Royale, pls.
This, and they should bring Darkest Hour along with them.

detuned
03-31-2014, 06:02 AM
i love me some coldcocks

with this years lineup finally officially out of the way, lets really get going on 2015 now

i think the following bands could possibly be on mayhem 2015

Slipknot
Disturbed
DragonForce
Mastodon
Machine Head
Five Finger Death Punch
Walls of Jericho
Suicide Silence
36 Crazyfists
The Red Chord
Slayer
Killswitch Engage
Bullet for My Valentine
Trivium
All That Remains
Cannibal Corpse
Behemoth
Job for a Cowboy
The Black Dahlia Murder
Whitechapel
Lamb of God
Atreyu
Norma Jean
3 Inches of Blood
Hatebreed
Chimaira
Shadows Fall
Winds of Plague
Godsmack
Megadeth
Dethklok
Machine Head
Trivium
In Flames
Testament
Suicide Silence
All Shall Perish
The Devil Wears Prada
As I Lay Dying
Anthrax
Whitechapel
Mastodon
Amon Amarth
Job for a Cowboy
Butcher Babies
Battlecross
Huntress
Children of Bodom
Emmure
Born of Osiris
Motionless in White

Wrecking Crew
03-31-2014, 07:44 AM
I travel pretty far for good shows but won't drive 15 miles for this one.

Steev
03-31-2014, 09:05 AM
So one of the dates is actually a club show. The date in Milwaukee will be in a club and without A7X and KoRn.

Steev
03-31-2014, 09:10 AM
Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, Asking Alexandria, Trivium, Cannibal Corpse, Suicide Silence, Body Count Featuring ICE T, Miss May I, Emmure, Mushroomhead, Texas Hippie Coalition, Veil Of Maya, Upon A Burning Body, Darkest Hour, Ill Nino, Wretched, Islander, King 810 and Erimha are headed out this summer on the 2014 Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival kicking off July 5th in San Bernardino, CA. Watch this video!

This year, for the first time, the festival will feature FOUR stages of metal with the Rockstar Energy Drink Main Stage, Coldcock American Herbal Whiskey Stage, The Headbang For The Highway/Sumerian Stage and the Victory Records Stage

Tickets go on sale this Friday April 4th at 10AM local time with the 72 Hour Get Off Your Ass special offer on reserved and lawn tickets. Check your local ticketing date page for details on this great deal

This year also look for Freestyle Motocross and a Motorsports exhibition area and many other surprises and attractions

SHOW NOTES:
Wantagh and Denver (Main Stage acts only performing: Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, Asking Alexandria, Trivium); Houston (Main Stage acts only performing as well as Body Count Featuring Ice - T and Emmure); San Bernardino + Mountain View (Emmure will not be performing at this show); Houston (Main stage and Coldcock Stage artists as well as Body Count featuring Ice - T and Emmure, King 810 not performing); Milwaukee will feature 18 bands but Avenged Sevenfold and Korn will not be performing at this show

Steev
03-31-2014, 09:16 AM
Judging by the release this is the lineup

Rockstar Energy Main Stage:
Avenged Sevenfold
KoRn
Asking Alexandria
Trivium

Coldcock Whiskey Stage:
Cannibal Corpse
Suicide Silence
Miss May I
Mushroomhead
Texas Hippie Coalition
King 810

Victory Records Stage:
Emmure
Ill Niņo
Wretched
Islander
Erihma

Sumerian Records Stage:
Body Count
Veil of Maya
Darkest Hour
Upon A Burning Body

DisposableJustice
03-31-2014, 10:19 AM
I travel pretty far for good shows but won't drive 15 miles for this one.

I agree with you 100%...until I saw this

MONDAY, JULY 14, 2014
Morrison, CO
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
18300 W Alameda Pkwy Morrison, CO 80401 United States

Yep, Red Rocks is hosting the Denver date; and while the only band I remotely care about is Korn, Red Rocks alone for a cheap ticket would be worth it

EDIT: Looking at the festival website, it isn't the full blown lineup, just the main stage bands, but since it is poorly written I can't be sure

The July 14th stop in Denver will be at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre where the show will feature Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, Asking Alexandria and Trivium.

Steev
03-31-2014, 10:45 AM
I agree with you 100%...until I saw this

Yep, Red Rocks is hosting the Denver date; and while the only band I remotely care about is Korn, Red Rocks alone for a cheap ticket would be worth it

EDIT: Looking at the festival website, it isn't the full blown lineup, just the main stage bands, but since it is poorly written I can't be sure

Yeah looks like multiple dates are getting just the main stage(some with a few added bands)

Victory is already promoting the hell outve it, and confirmed all 5 of their bands are on the one stage(one seems to be Canadians in corpse paint, I don't even......)

Chris_M_S
03-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Cannibal Corpse is misspelled in all the ads. Awesome.

MPF
03-31-2014, 11:50 AM
Cannibal Corpse is misspelled in all the ads. Awesome.

Maybe it's actually Cannabis Corpse playing? :lol:

Steev
03-31-2014, 01:08 PM
Maybe it's actually Cannabis Corpse playing? :lol:

I might actually prefer that

on a kinda funny note it's always entertaining seeing people in metal bands shit talk this tour, because I'm pretty sure 99.99% would drop everything and do it if they were offered the tour

DisposableJustice
03-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Found out why Mayhem isn't at Fiddlers Green: it's under construction for the summer, hence why Red Rocks gets it this year; which means tickets are going to be a lot more pricey because it is Red Rocks....which also means unless I score a free ticket I ain't going:hmm:

Steev
03-31-2014, 01:31 PM
Found out why Mayhem isn't at Fiddlers Green: it's under construction for the summer, hence why Red Rocks gets it this year; which means tickets are going to be a lot more pricey because it is Red Rocks....which also means unless I score a free ticket I ain't going:hmm:

Funny thing was having this dude on FB argue that it wasn't at Red Rocks

NickLed19
03-31-2014, 01:35 PM
This lineup is so bad.

Steev
03-31-2014, 01:39 PM
This lineup is so bad.

I like atleast 8 or 9 bands(passing interest in maybe 3 or 4 others), that's more than in 2012 and 2013

So I'm pretty much good

mankvill
03-31-2014, 01:40 PM
I like atleast 8 or 9 bands

bruh i feel sorry 4 u :c

Steev
03-31-2014, 01:56 PM
bruh i feel sorry 4 u :c

I didn't say the bands were Emmure and Asking Alexandria, because no....still no

NickLed19
03-31-2014, 02:36 PM
3 or 4 good bands on this, maybe.

So many awful bands though.

Steev
03-31-2014, 02:38 PM
3 or 4 good bands on this, maybe.

So many awful bands though.

There's one band on the Victory stage I like, Sumerian stage is a pleasant surprise, the other ehhhhhh I like maybe a couple of the other side stage bands(wasn't liking what I've heard from Texas Hippie Coalition)

Jochen
03-31-2014, 03:13 PM
So one of the dates is actually a club show. The date in Milwaukee will be in a club and without A7X and KoRn.

http://www.therave.com/concert_details.asp?id=5050

Yep. I'll be there.

MPF
03-31-2014, 03:20 PM
Cannibal Corpse and Darkest hour....that's about it.

Yeah, not happening this year.

Steev
03-31-2014, 03:20 PM
http://www.therave.com/concert_details.asp?id=5050

Yep. I'll be there.

I like KoRn and A7X but I'd definitely go to something like this(and leave before AA)

justinm4bama
03-31-2014, 03:47 PM
That black metal band on Victory any good? Just find it hard to believe a BM band would actually be on that label haha.

Steev
03-31-2014, 04:12 PM
That black metal band on Victory any good? Just find it hard to believe a BM band would actually be on that label haha.

Only heard a 10 second snippet so far

mastodon421
03-31-2014, 04:48 PM

Hell no. I haven't heard such a painful attempt at black metal since Dawn of Ashes.

Steev
03-31-2014, 05:16 PM
Hell no. I haven't heard such a painful attempt at black metal since Dawn of Ashes.

Well I guess I'm sticking to my original plan, only going to the Victory stage to watch Ill Niņo

John The Drummer
03-31-2014, 05:23 PM
I am not joking, I will go to solely see Body Count, then leave. Time to schedule some PTO!

XDoomsayerX
03-31-2014, 06:10 PM
Cannibal Corpse and Darkest hour....that's about it.

Yeah, not happening this year.

Finally some DH love.

But yeah what a bad line-up, yes they have more bands now so hopefully they get more bands each year but lets hope the quality in music goes up.

slapguitarer
03-31-2014, 07:45 PM
Well I guess I'm sticking to my original plan, only going to the Victory stage to watch Ill Niņo

:hecho:

slapguitarer
03-31-2014, 07:46 PM

It's like watered down Dimmu

Henryperezrocks
03-31-2014, 10:58 PM
honestly, i cant bitch at this lineup. think about it.. when ozzfest went downhill and stopped touring..mayhem was the only legit touring metal fest left. gotta appreciate having something. besides deal with it..next year were all gonna be in vegas for rock in rio US anyway haha

AnataFan4Life
03-31-2014, 11:02 PM
This tour will end up like Ozzfest eventually

slapguitarer
03-31-2014, 11:20 PM
honestly, i cant bitch at this lineup. think about it.. when ozzfest went downhill and stopped touring..mayhem was the only legit touring metal fest left. gotta appreciate having something. besides deal with it..next year were all gonna be in vegas for rock in rio US anyway haha

Doesn't mean the lineup doesn't suck. Also, if you see Mayhem as the only outlet for metal since Ozzfest is gone, please stay under the rock you live under and never leave. Not specially you, but as a general statement.

Steev
04-01-2014, 06:07 AM
Stage lineups made official

ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAIN STAGE:
Avenged Sevenfold
Korn
Asking Alexandria
Trivium

COLDCOCK AMERICAN HERBAL WHISKEY STAGE:
Cannibal Corpse
Suicide Silence
Miss May I
Mushroomhead
Texas Hippie Coalition
King 810

THE SUMERIAN RECORDS/HEADBANG FOR THE HIGHWAY STAGE:
Body Count featuring Ice-T
Upon A Burning Body*
Veil of Maya*
Darkest Hour*
Headbang Local Winner

*bands rotating slots

THE VICTORY RECORDS STAGE:
Emmure
Ill Nino
Wretched
Islander
Erimha

AnthG
04-01-2014, 07:41 AM
My how Darkest Hour have fallen in terms of popularity.

Steev
04-01-2014, 07:46 AM

I love DH, but they were pretty much at the same level popularity wise, at least from the tours I've seen them on over the years

Nater
04-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Victory should have put Jungle Rot on this. Fuck

XDoomsayerX
04-01-2014, 09:24 AM

Them and Shadows Fall never really got the love they deserve. It is what it is :(

Also I feel like Whitevhapel will be on Summer Slaughter again this year.

Steev
04-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Them and Shadows Fall never really got the love they deserve. It is what it is :(

Also I feel like Whitevhapel will be on Summer Slaughter again this year.

It bums me out how many people have forgot about Shads, they played Trenton last summer and there was more people outside watching a local band(same with God Forbid, which ended up being their last show)

Steev
04-01-2014, 11:26 AM
So there's a pretty lol worthy article about how Otep refused to do the tour because Rockstar is supposedly homophobic(which btw apparently there's no proof of and for 5 years the company has dispelled the rumors).

John The Drummer
04-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Here is what I would see..... :lol:

COLDCOCK AMERICAN HERBAL WHISKEY STAGE:
Cannibal Corpse
Mushroomhead (for nostalgic purposes)

THE SUMERIAN RECORDS/HEADBANG FOR THE HIGHWAY STAGE:
Body Count featuring Ice-T

THE VICTORY RECORDS STAGE:
Ill Nino (same as Mushroomhead)

TOTALLY WORTH THE 75+ minute drive and $100+!!!!! :lol: :tongue:

detuned
04-01-2014, 04:19 PM
So there's a pretty lol worthy article about how Otep refused to do the tour because Rockstar is supposedly homophobic(which btw apparently there's no proof of and for 5 years the company has dispelled the rumors).
are you dyslexic or something? seriously, like im not trying to give you shit. the frequency of posts where you incorrectly relay information is staggering, and im starting to think its not just carelessness, but a serious problem with your brain's ability to process info.

anomynous
04-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Metal Setlists Fight Club is a go

Steev
04-01-2014, 05:06 PM
are you dyslexic or something? seriously, like im not trying to give you shit. the frequency of posts where you incorrectly relay information is staggering, and im starting to think its not just carelessness, but a serious problem with your brain's ability to process info.

Except for the multiple sites posting it, so there's that

detuned
04-01-2014, 05:42 PM
read exactly what those sites posted. read exactly what you posted. SO THERES THAT.

Steev
04-01-2014, 05:57 PM
You really get your tits twisted up way too often

TonyD
04-01-2014, 11:13 PM

Normally I would make a joke about "lol like Otep would actually be invited to play this festival", but judging by this year's acts that sounds about right.

Steev
04-02-2014, 04:10 AM
Normally I would make a joke about "lol like Otep would actually be invited to play this festival", but judging by this year's acts that sounds about right.

Normally I'd disagree but she was definitely on tours before with atleast 3 of the bands on Mayhem

ravenheart
04-02-2014, 04:31 AM
Not that it matters, seeing as Otep broke up ;)

detuned
04-02-2014, 04:50 AM
Normally I'd disagree but she was definitely on tours before with atleast 3 of the bands on Mayhem

because touring with mayhem bands outside of mayhem has any bearing on the supposed homophobia of rockstar or the likeliness of being in the company of such bands

ps, not that i can even help you at this point, but to be completely clear with anyone else just going by what has been said in this thread, this is otep's exact quote:

Lots of ppl asking why we aren't on @MayhemFest this year. Could it be that one of their corporate sponsors is openly homophobic? Hmmm...

NOT that she was asked to be on it and refused

Steev
04-02-2014, 05:56 AM
because touring with mayhem bands outside of mayhem has any bearing on the supposed homophobia of rockstar or the likeliness of being in the company of

It bears the resemblance of her touring with them, ie if she's toured with Mushroomhead or Ill Nino it's not completely impossible for her to be on a festival with those same bands

detuned
04-02-2014, 06:01 AM
SMH

anomynous
04-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Relevant for this thread & forum:

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1545657_636784353036486_2001885039_n.png

adamclark52
04-02-2014, 11:26 PM
I fit in under the "douchebag-hipster-yuppie-internet trol" tag (in that order)...so I'm a lock.

I'll see you bitches on the shelf at Bestbuy

Steev
04-03-2014, 04:44 AM
Relevant for this thread & forum:

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1545657_636784353036486_2001885039_n.png

I don't know what that implies, but I'm kinda hoping it's like the end of "Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back"

mankvill
04-03-2014, 08:50 AM
I don't know what that implies, but I'm kinda hoping it's like the end of "Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back"

I wanna see Ice T go "YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE BALL LICKERS!"

Steev
04-03-2014, 09:07 AM
I wanna see Ice T go "YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE BALL LICKERS!"

I don't think it's out of the question, also if the stages overlap like last year he'll be on the same time as Emmure, making my decision much easier

snowdog2112
04-03-2014, 09:31 AM
I don't think it's out of the question, also if the stages overlap like last year he'll be on the same time as Emmure, making my decision much easier

So 2 bands on the same but different stages? Sucks or do they do the band ends another one starts?

Steev
04-03-2014, 10:40 AM
So 2 bands on the same but different stages? Sucks or do they do the band ends another one starts?

At least last year the Sumerian Stage was on the exact same time as another side stage, but that was when the Sumerian stage had like 4 local bands on it so maybe that would change

detuned
04-03-2014, 03:18 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/1012139_10151953005252551_2061395724_n.jpg

Steev
04-03-2014, 03:25 PM
They're also offering different merch packages with tickets
-a coffee table photo book with a calendar and playing cards
-a Zippo lighter with assorted merch from previous years
-a Legator guitar with the tour artwork on it

John The Drummer
04-09-2014, 06:05 PM
~$40 for Cannibal Corpse, Body Count, and the ability to relieve some nostalgia with Mushroomhead ain't all that bad, IMO. That's the price for Lawn Seats.... and I don't give a single shit about any of the main stage bands, so I may just go for it! :D

mankvill
04-09-2014, 06:21 PM
~$40 for Cannibal Corpse, Body Count, and the ability to relieve some nostalgia with Mushroomhead ain't all that bad, IMO. That's the price for Lawn Seats.... and I don't give a single shit about any of the main stage bands, so I may just go for it! :D

William is standing right next to me and called you a faglord

slapguitarer
04-10-2014, 12:46 AM
Honestly don't think I'd attend mayhem if somebody paid me $40

John The Drummer
04-10-2014, 08:56 AM
William is standing right next to me and called you a faglord

he needs to just walk on home...

mankvill
04-10-2014, 09:12 AM
he needs to just walk on home...

NO WAY, PUNK

Derelict
04-10-2014, 09:20 AM
It's funny that there's a 335 page discussion for this handjob of a lineup.

PVH5150
04-10-2014, 09:35 AM

100+ pages of it could be retitled "The Wolverinekills Dick Swinging Thread"

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-10-2014, 10:31 AM
So for fun I decided to check out some of the bands on the lineup. Has anyone listened to King 810? They're like a terrible crossbreed between Hollywood Undead and Upon a Burning Body; gang imagery and all. Seriously, why?

Derelict
04-10-2014, 10:33 AM
So for fun I decided to check out some of the bands on the lineup. Has anyone listened to King 810? They're like a terrible crossbreed between Hollywood Undead and Upon a Burning Body; gang imagery and all. Seriously, why?

I think that you and I have different ideas of "fun."

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-10-2014, 10:46 AM
I think that you and I have different ideas of "fun."

I started with Darkest Hour, thought they were okay, so I decided to check out another random band. Big mistake.

XDoomsayerX
04-10-2014, 11:31 AM
I started with Darkest Hour, thought they were okay, so I decided to check out another random band. Big mistake.

Darkest Hour hands down the best band on Mayhem this year every other band doesn't even compare.

Also this thread is more bout the shits and gigs not bout Mayhem Fest. Everyone knows Mayhem fest is a joke and wish it was even on Warped Tour's level.

moobys37
04-10-2014, 11:52 AM
This thread:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/vice_asset_uploader/files/1397152100jBDdy8h.gif

mankvill
04-10-2014, 11:58 AM
This thread:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/vice_asset_uploader/files/1397152100jBDdy8h.gif

I laughed way too hard at this

detuned
04-10-2014, 12:37 PM
the first like 300 pages are the past 2 years

Nick_to_the_face
04-10-2014, 09:12 PM
The chick who took my order at taco bell yesterday saw my ghost inside shirt and asked if I was going to warped, then kc rockfest (which is an awful lineup), and then mayhem saying it was worth the three hour drive. After this small discussion I came to the realization that she probably doesn't know anything about anything.

She's hot. I think I'm gonna bang her.

XDoomsayerX
04-10-2014, 09:22 PM
The chick who took my order at taco bell yesterday saw my ghost inside shirt and asked if

She's hot. I'm gonna bang her.

That's all I got ;)

Nick_to_the_face
04-10-2014, 10:05 PM
That's all I got ;)

:lol: :lol::lol:

Seriously fuck this thread

DisposableJustice
04-21-2014, 02:27 PM
To "try" and make up for the chaos of having only 5 bands at Red Rocks, they are doing a Taste of Mayhem the day before.....so people can pay double the price to get all the band vs. a normal date....nice guys, nice:tp:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1897853_10151994990067551_6243757818548879945_n.jp g

Nater
04-21-2014, 02:53 PM
To "try" and make up for the chaos of having only 5 bands at Red Rocks, they are doing a Taste of Mayhem the day before.....so people can pay double the price to get all the band vs. a normal date....nice guys, nice:tp:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1897853_10151994990067551_6243757818548879945_n.jp g

I'd prolly go to this just because CC is headlining.

Steev
04-21-2014, 05:09 PM
I'd prolly go to this just because CC is headlining.

How the fuck is THC billed that high?

yorkO)))
04-22-2014, 10:24 AM
THC has a huge following in Colorado. The local radio station pushes them.

Derelict
04-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Odd that THC would be popular in Colorado

/rimshot

Chris_M_S
04-22-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm not at all above laughing at that

mankvill
04-22-2014, 08:58 PM

/rimshot

Post Of The Year 2014 Nomination

kalfitegrdan
04-22-2014, 11:38 PM

/rimshot

:LOLFC:

detuned
04-29-2014, 11:18 AM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/e919d6145e2e0637451460a8446cfa4b/tumblr_n4t1xdqo8S1twi8xbo1_1280.jpg

PVH5150
04-29-2014, 11:57 AM
:tpaper:

mankvill
05-21-2014, 06:32 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10372059_10152421327852884_1295376809042033369_n.j pg

slapguitarer
05-21-2014, 06:42 PM
lol VoM is bigger than Darkest Hour

300%_Density
05-21-2014, 06:47 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10372059_10152421327852884_1295376809042033369_n.j pg

I'm actually happier Missouri gets nothing vs having something shit like that. Not directed at DH.

anomynous
05-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Mayhem Fest is in St Louis this year

Ommie
05-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Poor Darkest Hour. :(

300%_Density
05-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Mayhem Fest is in St Louis this year

Should've clarified. Meaning the off dates. Not necessarily any of it.

Steev
05-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Set times are up(of course Darkest Hour and Ill Niņo would be the same time....)

ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAIN STAGE

9:45 - 11:00 Avenged Sevenfold
8:15 - 9:15 Korn
7:15 - 7:50 Asking Alexandria
6:30 - 7:00 Trivium
COLDCOCK AMERICAN HERBAL WHISKEY STAGE

5:45 - 6:20 Cannibal Corpse
4:50 - 5:20 Suicide Silence
3:55 - 4:25 Miss May I
3:05 - 3:30 Mushroomhead
2:15 - 2:40 Texas Hippie Coalition
1:25 - 1:50 King 810
HEADBANG FOR THE HIGHWAY/SUMERIAN STAGE

5:20 - 5:45 Bodycount Featuring Ice - T
3:30 - 3:55 Darkest Hour
2:40 - 3:05 Upon A Burning Body
1:50 - 2:15 Veil of Maya
1:05 - 1:25 Headbang For The Highway Local Winner
VICTORY RECORDS STAGE

4:25 - 4:50 Emmure
3:30 - 3:55 Ill Nino
2:40 - 3:05 Wretched
1:50 - 2:10 Islander
1:05 - 1:25 Erimha

Basically Victory and Sumerian run the same time for the first 4 bands(with Coldcock in between)

slapguitarer
05-26-2014, 11:09 AM
That's a surprising amount of overlap.

Steev
05-26-2014, 11:23 AM
That's a surprising amount of overlap.

I know, only one really irks me, also they've starting hitting Ozzfest levels of number of bands with short set times.

detuned
05-26-2014, 01:49 PM
haha suck it veil of maya

Onioner
05-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Only 25 minutes of Body Count and 35 minutes of Cannibal Corpse? Fuck that noise.

Xenocide
05-26-2014, 02:17 PM
Yeah any shred of wanting to go is officially gone. I'm only moderately interested in a few bands, two of them being UABB and Wretched, and there's an overlap.

dcmetal108
05-26-2014, 04:20 PM
Yeah any shred of wanting to go is officially gone. I'm only moderately interested in a few bands, two of them being UABB and Wretched, and there's an overlap.

Gross. Saw them at Warped last year and it was laughably bad.

adamclark52
05-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Only 25 minutes of Body Count.

Ice-T gonna have to kill some motherfuckers.

HeavyMetalBuffalo
05-27-2014, 12:06 AM
America needs to get educated from other countries on how to put together a great Metal Festival or needs to get rid of most of the metal fests here...

Chris_M_S
05-27-2014, 05:29 AM
Ha a downgrade in set length for Emmure after last year. Victory pays for their own stage and even their headliner only gets 25.

Steev
05-27-2014, 06:44 AM
Ha a downgrade in set length for Emmure after last year. Victory pays for their own stage and even their headliner only gets 25.

Sadly no overlap during them, but lol either way(honestly Ill Niņo is the one band I'd even watch on that stage)

also after watching King 810 and Texas Hippie Coalition at Rock on the Range I wasn't sold on them. I do want a good spot for Mushroomhead though(all 25 minutes of them :/)

Also apparently Body Count is doing their own VIP, 250 for a ticket to Mayhem, M&G, CD and a bunch of merch

John The Drummer
05-27-2014, 07:31 AM
I was going to go for Body Count... but 25 minutes is just too short and not worth it any more :(

Xenocide
05-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Gross. Saw them at Warped last year and it was laughably bad.

I like them for the same reason that a lot of the people here seem to like Body Count.

slapguitarer
05-27-2014, 10:52 AM
I like them for the same reason that a lot of the people here seem to like Body Count.

So for the wrong ones?

detuned
06-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Mayhem co-founder John Reese talks booking, wish list, and if anyone is too extreme to book (http://www.metalinsider.net/interviews/interview-mayhem-co-founder-john-reese-talks-booking-wish-list-and-if-anyone-is-too-extreme-to-book)

Steev
06-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Gonna take a wild guess and say King 810 won't be on the tour now

MPF
06-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Gonna take a wild guess and say King 810 won't be on the tour now

Nah, they have street cred now.

Also now a Body Count/King 810 can do a full fledged Inner City US tour.

detuned
06-16-2014, 12:01 PM
ROCKSTAR MAYHEM 2015 UPDATE

i think the following bands could maybe possibly be on 2015 mayhem

Metallica
Rammstein
Iron Maiden
Slipknot
Disturbed
DragonForce
Mastodon
Machine Head
Five Finger Death Punch
Walls of Jericho
Suicide Silence
36 Crazyfists
The Red Chord
Slayer
Killswitch Engage
Bullet for My Valentine
Trivium
All That Remains
Cannibal Corpse
Behemoth
Kittie
Job for a Cowboy
The Black Dahlia Murder
Whitechapel
Lamb of God
Atreyu
Norma Jean
3 Inches of Blood
Hatebreed
Chimaira
Shadows Fall
Winds of Plague
Godsmack
Megadeth
Dethklok
Machine Head
Trivium
Entombed AD
Suicide Girls
In Flames
Testament
Suicide Silence
All Shall Perish
The Devil Wears Prada
As I Lay Dying
Wovenwar
Anthrax
Whitechapel
Burzum
Downset
Mastodon
Amon Amarth
Job for a Cowboy
Butcher Babies
Battlecross
Biohazard
Huntress
Children of Bodom
Emmure
Born of Osiris
Suicidal Tendencies
Motionless in White
Entombed

Steev
06-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Nah, they have street cred now.

Also now a Body Count/King 810 can do a full fledged Inner City US tour.

I feel like Ice T would pistol whip them 5 seconds into the first show

MPF
06-16-2014, 12:18 PM
I feel like Ice T would pistol whip them 5 seconds into the first show

30 Date US tour of Ice T pistol whipping a shitty band? I'd pay to see that, wouldn't you?

Steev
06-16-2014, 12:23 PM
30 Date US tour of Ice T pistol whipping a shitty band? I'd pay to see that, wouldn't you?

I never said I wouldn't, I'd go to multiple shows. I'm pretty sure the opening would be him repeatedly kicking those fake bodyguards in the ass.

dcmetal108
06-16-2014, 04:42 PM
I still hope that for Body Counts inevitable headline tour they bring along like Madball, ST, or SICK OF IT ALL!

Steev
07-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Slight update, Coldcock Whiskey announced the bands that will be signing for them(who will also be bartending at certain dates):
Sam Bettley(Asking Alexandria)
Ill Niņo
Mushroomhead