Got the Time
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
Medusa
Metal Thrashing Mad
I'm the Man (partial)
Refuse/Resist (partial cover)
Among the Living
I Am the Law

I don't have the Testament setlist, but I'll try to remember what I can (and it'll likely be out of order)

The New Order
The Preacher
Over the Wall
Into the Pit
D.N.R.
More Than Meets the Eye

I'm blanking on the other 4 or 5 songs. They were on fire last night, though. Skolnick is such a master on the axe; his playing looks so effortless. Chuck Billy is the undisputed king of air guitar. Their set was tight, brutal and sounded fantastic. But no Trial by Fire makes me sad.

The only time I'd seen Anthrax before was when they opened for Maiden in May 2008 with Dan Nelson singing. Oh, crap, did they suck that night. Nelson sounded like a bad Robb Dukes clone. So glad they're back with Joey, and he looked to be having the most fun of them all. Rob Caggiano looks like a rapist in his ever-present beanie, but dude can shred. The mix-up of tracks at the end of the night was a big plus. I figured they'd do the same 3 song encore Vegas got, but instead we got some treats. I left happy.

JRA
01-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Medusa for Madhouse? I like it.

Now all we need is Discharge for Got The Time and Be All End All or Make Me Laugh for Antisocial and we're golden.

treghet
01-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Meh... still not impressed with the set. Glad I didn't spend my money on this.

The Ghost at Number One
01-24-2012, 11:07 AM

Now all we need is Discharge for Got The Time and Be All End All or Make Me Laugh for Antisocial and we're golden.Exactly what I was thinking.

elturtleboy
01-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Meh... still not impressed with the set. Glad I didn't spend my money on this.

I'm with ya

Blumpkin King
01-24-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm with ya

X3

Same mostly boring set as last leg. Glad I did not fight the traffic for this.

sarsip
01-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Testament and Death Angel carried the last leg of the tour. The new songs are great but a few substitutions? Now It's Dark? Aftershock? Belly of the Beast?

anomynous
01-24-2012, 03:07 PM
You guys do realize that this is supposed to be the same tour, except for cities that didn't get it the last leg?

It shouldn't be a surprise it's the same set.

OraclesofAgony
01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Fun show. The only other time I saw Anthrax was with the Big 4 and I had a lot more fun this time around. It was my 5th time seeing Testament and 2nd time seeing Death Angel too.

Onioner
01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Now I'm not as sad that I missed out on this, although Medusa would have been pretty cool. I know it'll never happen, but I'd straight up lose my shit if they ever played Armed and Dangerous or Gung-Ho.

jhdeity
01-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Not trying to be a buzzkill but the odds of them not playing Madhouse are very, very slim. Maybe he confused Medusa or something.

If they did mix it up to this setlist I'd be JAKKED!

anomynous
01-24-2012, 04:04 PM
They 100% did not play Madhouse

Sanitarium78
01-24-2012, 04:24 PM

Now all we need is Discharge for Got The Time and Be All End All or Make Me Laugh for Antisocial and we're golden.

I believe we've had this argument before but Discharge has never been played live, so you need to let go of the dream you have of them playing it.

The new songs are great but a few substitutions? Now It's Dark? Aftershock? Belly of the Beast?

Belly has a chance of coming back but you're kidding with the other two, right? What have they played in recent tours that would lead you to believe that Now It's Dark or Aftershock will get dusted off?

It's nice to dream but let's be real with the songs we would like to see.

The Ghost at Number One
01-24-2012, 04:38 PM
It's nice to dream but let's be real with the songs we would like to see.Why should we? While it may seem unlikely, I've learned never to say never.

elturtleboy
01-24-2012, 04:43 PM
I know it'll never happen, but I'd straight up lose my shit if they ever played Armed and Dangerous or Gung-Ho.

Go see DeathRiders.

Sanitarium78
01-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Why should we? While it may seem unlikely, I've learned never to say never.

True, but this is Anthrax we're talking about here. They said "never" a long time ago when it comes to playing a variety of old stuff. For as great of a show as they put on, they really don't give a shit what the fans wanna hear and I honestly believe that with every fiber of my being.

If they did care they would have AIR in the set all the time. They would also give into the overwhelming fan demand and play something else off of POT instead of Got The Time but they don't. That's why the core classics they play hasn't changed much over the last few years. They're just looking for a cash in with the Joey reunion and really don't care what the fans wanna hear.

I hate to say this about one of my favorite bands ever but i've seen nothing that leads me to believe otherwise.

KillerCannabis
01-25-2012, 07:34 AM
Not trying to be a buzzkill but the odds of them not playing Madhouse are very, very slim. Maybe he confused Medusa or something.

If they did mix it up to this setlist I'd be JAKKED!

When Joey said, "This one is called Medusa", I took him on his word. :D

Funny thing is, Madhouse was on the set list for the night.

Sepultura69
01-25-2012, 09:04 AM
I ended up getting to the house of blues around 9. Turns out the show was sold out. Then me and my friends spent the majority of our time there searching for random fools in hoodies that might be selling tickets. Hey it's happen to me before, mostly rap shows though ahahha. Anyways, we found no luck and by 9:40ish we bailed out of the House of blues and just went to one of our friends band practice and just kicked it over there. Glad those who went had a great time. I for one am very bummed i missed out on this show. Anthrax doin a SOLO show always sounds like smashing good times. And them headlining must have been special considering that they never really go on their own tours anymore. Should have bought a ticket a head of times, didn't think it was going to sell out. Shows what i know, More power to all those that had a great time in Anahiem. Wish i was there :fist:

Sanitarium78
01-25-2012, 05:39 PM
I ended up getting to the house of blues around 9. Turns out the show was sold out. Then me and my friends spent the majority of our time there searching for random fools in hoodies that might be selling tickets. Hey it's happen to me before, mostly rap shows though ahahha. Anyways, we found no luck and by 9:40ish we bailed out of the House of blues and just went to one of our friends band practice and just kicked it over there. Glad those who went had a great time. I for one am very bummed i missed out on this show. Anthrax doin a SOLO show always sounds like smashing good times. And them headlining must have been special considering that they never really go on their own tours anymore. Should have bought a ticket a head of times, didn't think it was going to sell out. Shows what i know, More power to all those that had a great time in Anahiem. Wish i was there :fist:

Your main problem was you waited until 9 when the show was going on to try and get tickets. If you had got there earlier before the doors opened you probably would've had better luck when it comes to getting tickets from scalpers or people in line who had extra tickets to unload.

Onioner
01-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Your main problem was you waited until 9 when the show was going on to try and get tickets. If you had got there earlier before the doors opened you probably would've had better luck when it comes to getting tickets from scalpers or people in line who had extra tickets to unload.

The show was sold out at least a week in advance, I'm guessing people who attended the first leg in LA were impressed enough to go the second leg in Anaheim and bring their friends while they were at it.

Sanitarium78
01-25-2012, 06:16 PM
The show was sold out at least a week in advance, I'm guessing people who attended the first leg in LA were impressed enough to go the second leg in Anaheim and bring their friends while they were at it.

Sold out in advance or not, there are always people selling tickets outside the venue before the doors open. In my 20 years of going to concerts i've rarely walked up to a venue without hearing a few people saying "you need tickets?, who needs tickets?" The only time that doesn't happen is if it's a really small band or a local show. But you'll get that regularly for the more recognised bands.

jhdeity
01-25-2012, 08:49 PM
When Joey said, "This one is called Medusa", I took him on his word. :D

Funny thing is, Madhouse was on the set list for the night.

That's awesome. Too bad they didn't replace Antisocial with Madhouse.

treghet
01-25-2012, 09:30 PM
That's awesome. Too bad they didn't replace Antisocial with Madhouse.

And Got the Time with A.I.R.

OraclesofAgony
01-25-2012, 11:03 PM

My friend bought a ticket over the phone from House of Blues like 4 or 5 hours before the show. They said they had a few left.