PDA

View Full Version : Machine Head -- Denver, CO -- January 15th, 2012

the deathmetaler
01-16-2012, 11:37 AM
According to Setlists.fm, this is the Machine Head setlist from last night's Dever, CO show...

1. I Am Hell (Sonata In C#)
2. Be Still and Know
3. Imperium
4. Beautiful Mourning
5. The Blood, the Sweat, the Tears
6. Locust
7. This is the End
8. Aesthetics of Hate
9. Old
10. Darkness Within
-Declaration-
11. Bulldozer
12. Ten Ton Hammer
13. Who We Are
-Encore-
14. Halo
15. Davidian

*In my opinion, this is a great set for this tour. I think they should just play the entire album since they're already playing six of the songs. Also, if I find the sets for Suicide Silence and Darkest Hour, I will be sure to post them.

DementedX14
01-16-2012, 11:41 AM
That is a great setlist, I can't wait to hear Old and Bulldozer.

mastodon421
01-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Same as the European setlist, Awesome:rocker:

daimonos
01-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Still haven't heard the new album, but I think I'm going to see them next week.

Sanitarium78
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Very good set. They need to start doing Now I Lay Thee Down. I don't think it's been played in a long time though. It should be a live staple.

street_burial
01-16-2012, 12:31 PM
i like this set a lot.

jd091
01-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Oooh. Yeah, I think I'm definitely gonna go to this.

daimonos
01-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Oooh. Yeah, I think I'm definitely gonna go to this.

I will see you there, sir.

Nater
01-16-2012, 12:41 PM
So is there a reason they don't play A Farewell To Arms?

justinm4bama
01-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Can't wait to see this, but I wish they would just play the whole new album! :allan:

Crionics
01-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Just missing Seasons Wither..too bad I'm not seing them on this tour.

jd091
01-16-2012, 02:08 PM
I will see you there, sir.

:fist:

jhdeity
01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Very good set. They need to start doing Now I Lay Thee Down. I don't think it's been played in a long time though. It should be a live staple.

This is gospel. If they pipe in that godawful child choir during Who We Are I might throw shit. NILTD would fit perfectly in that slot!

Yeah I know, That's what she said...

AnthG
01-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Great set. Except for Bulldozer.

Crionics
01-16-2012, 02:40 PM
This is gospel. If they pipe in that godawful child choir during Who We Are I might throw shit. NILTD would fit perfectly in that slot!

Yeah I know, That's what she said...

I don't think anyone was thinking that :lol:

makethemsuffer12
01-16-2012, 03:17 PM
I really hope I can make it to this next month.

TiradesOfTruth
01-16-2012, 03:26 PM
This Saturday shall be awesome.

MetalIsArt
01-17-2012, 02:55 AM
Great set. Except for Bulldozer.

IMHO, that's one of the best songs on Supercharger.

converge241
01-17-2012, 03:34 AM
Awesome, cant wait for the Worcester show

the deathmetaler
01-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Awesome, cant wait for the Worcester show

Same here dude!

Natrlhi
01-17-2012, 07:10 AM
I don't think anyone was thinking that :lol:I was.

smearCampaign
01-17-2012, 07:11 AM
IMHO, that's one of the best songs on Supercharger.

Correction: it's the only decent song on Supercharger

Great set, but needs Blood For Blood

jd091
01-17-2012, 09:44 PM
So no one actually went to this show? Was wondering what merch was for sale. I'd like to pick up a Blackening shirt if they were selling any for some reason.

MetalIsArt
01-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Correction: it's the only decent song on Supercharger

Great set, but needs Blood For Blood

Blood For Blood needs to be on every MH setlist.

I like Nausea too btw.

mastodon421
01-18-2012, 05:06 AM
So no one actually went to this show? Was wondering what merch was for sale. I'd like to pick up a Blackening shirt if they were selling any for some reason.

Machine Head posted a picture of all the merch that is going to be on sale for this tour http://machinehead1.com/board_posts/eighth-plague-us-merch-revealed They don't have any Blackening shirts unfournately.

brutal_descent
01-18-2012, 05:38 AM
Machine Head posted a picture of all the merch that is going to be on sale for this tour http://machinehead1.com/board_posts/eighth-plague-us-merch-revealed They don't have any Blackening shirts unfournately.

Consume the Harvest has got to be the only shirt I would ever buy from those :lol: :eyes:

mastodon421
01-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Consume the Harvest has got to be the only shirt I would ever buy from those :lol: :eyes:

Yeah that and the I Am Hell shirt are the only ones I would consider purchasing.

Sanitarium78
01-18-2012, 06:04 AM

I like Who We Are a lot and the child choir doesn't bother me. I understand that they're making sure every album is represented but as far as I know most fans don't care for The Burning Red or Supercharger. So I would put Now I Lay Thee Down in place of Bulldozer and replace The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears with something else from Through The Ashes Of Empires.

jhdeity
01-18-2012, 10:16 AM
I like Who We Are a lot and the child choir doesn't bother me. I understand that they're making sure every album is represented but as far as I know most fans don't care for The Burning Red or Supercharger. So I would put Now I Lay Thee Down in place of Bulldozer and replace The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears with something else from Through The Ashes Of Empires.

Yeah I kinda like Bulldozer because of the time changes. Definitely cool to headbang to. Who We Are seems like it might be kind of a snoozer live. I'd rather replace WWA and Blood, Sweat, Tears with Now I Lay Thee Down and Blood for Blood. That would be about as good as we're gonna get. Hell, I'd replace old for Blood for Blood, Block, A Nation on Fire or any other song off Burn My Eyes actually. Just tired of Old.

Blacktooth85
01-18-2012, 10:55 AM
I seen them last night in Sauget, IL (St. Louis). It was a killer show like always. I just wish they'd drop some of the stuff they've been playing for years now. Ten Ton Hammer could be replaced with Bay of Pigs. Blood, Sweat, Tears gets the crowd going, but I'd like to see it replaced with something from Burn My Eyes. Same with Bulldozer. Throw in Nation on Fire, I'm Your God Now, or Blood For Blood. I agree with the person that said something about dropping OLD and replace it with something else from BME. The first time i seen MH back in '05 most of those were played on that tour. They don't all need to be staples... And yeah, Who We Are kinda put me to sleep last night. Throw in Pearls For Swine.

P.S., Suicide Silence were pure garbage like always. I don't know how they end up on tours with bands i like. First Megadeth, now Machine Head.. A bunch a emocore kids there.

jd091
01-18-2012, 11:03 AM
I seen them last night in Sauget, IL (St. Louis). It was a killer show like always. I just wish they'd drop some of the stuff they've been playing for years now. Ten Ton Hammer could be replaced with Bay of Pigs. Blood, Sweat, Tears gets the crowd going, but I'd like to see it replaced with something from Burn My Eyes. Same with Bulldozer. Throw in Nation on Fire, I'm Your God Now, or Blood For Blood. I agree with the person that said something about dropping OLD and replace it with something else from BME. The first time i seen MH back in '05 most of those were played on that tour. They don't all need to be staples... And yeah, Who We Are kinda put me to sleep last night. Throw in Pearls For Swine.

P.S., Suicide Silence were pure garbage like always. I don't know how they end up on tours with bands i like. First Megadeth, now Machine Head.. A bunch a emocore kids there.
I am pumped as hell for Suicide Silence. :D You don't know how fortunate it is for us SS fans to see them on a tour like this rather than with Carnifex and Oceano or some shit.

Natrlhi
01-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I am pumped as hell for Suicide Silence. :D You don't know how fortunate it is for us SS fans to see them on a tour like this rather than with Carnifex and Oceano or some shit.
I don't know about that. They opened for Carcass a few years ago, and the crowd just wasn't feeling them at. fucking. all. You can bring a pig to prom in a dress, but people are still gonna give you shit for showing up for prom with a fucking pig.

jd091
01-18-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't know about that. They opened for Carcass a few years ago, and the crowd just wasn't feeling them at. fucking. all. You can bring a pig to prom in a dress, but people are still gonna give you shit for showing up for prom with a fucking pig.

Well, I'd rather have people not feeling them than just everybody standing around and having some skinny kids windmilling in the center of a huge open pit. I dunno though, I know a bunch of friends back at home who aren't -core fans but like Suicide Silence and like to mosh at their shows.

And from previous live experiences and watching interviews, I know Mitch Lucker isn't a fan of hardcore dancing, and constantly wants people to get in moshes/circle pits. When they covered Engine No. 9 last summer at Peabody's, he made everybody get in a wall of death and said "only push moshing is allowed for this whole song", which actually happened. It was pretty awesome.

Anyway. I'll just have to wait and see, and report back my findings from out in the field.
:jima:

jhdeity
01-18-2012, 12:53 PM

This. 100% THIS. I'm getting into Darkest Hour and wish they were the direct opener.

For the person who just saw them, I heard Rise to Remain dropped off. Was it just 3 bands or a different opener? Thanks!

masterguy49
01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
I would love to hear A Thousand Lies live. Not like this tour is coming near me regardless :bouville:

Blacktooth85
01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
This. 100% THIS. I'm getting into Darkest Hour and wish they were the direct opener.

For the person who just saw them, I heard Rise to Remain dropped off. Was it just 3 bands or a different opener? Thanks!

Yeah they didn't have any replacement for Rise to Remain. Darkest Hour was the 1st band to go on.

GarageMetal468
01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Well, I'd rather have people not feeling them than just everybody standing around and having some skinny kids windmilling in the center of a huge open pit. I dunno though, I know a bunch of friends back at home who aren't -core fans but like Suicide Silence and like to mosh at their shows.

And from previous live experiences and watching interviews, I know Mitch Lucker isn't a fan of hardcore dancing, and constantly wants people to get in moshes/circle pits. When they covered Engine No. 9 last summer at Peabody's, he made everybody get in a wall of death and said "only push moshing is allowed for this whole song", which actually happened. It was pretty awesome.

Anyway. I'll just have to wait and see, and report back my findings from out in the field.
:jima:

I'm going to show up, start hardcore dancing and throw off everything! :naughty:

jd091
01-18-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm going to show up, start hardcore dancing and throw off everything! :naughty:

:lol:

You should come and hang with Daimonos and I. :snivel:

jd091
01-18-2012, 04:45 PM

Ugh, I hate that new scratchy/deathcore-y logo they have. And it's on all the stuff.

bobbie solo
01-18-2012, 06:14 PM
MACHINE
FUCKING
HEAD

HEAD
BANG
MOTHER
FUCKER

ugh who in their right mind would buy this who isn't 15? terrible merch. but they've generally had terrible merch forever. show will still rule...bought my ticket today at the Best Buy Theatre box office. doubt this sells out.

hellawaits77ny
01-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Really bummed I'll probably have to miss this, seeing how they're continuing w/ a solid (albeit non-changing) setlist.

Sanitarium78
01-19-2012, 05:26 AM
Blood, Sweat, Tears gets the crowd going

Really? After those first four songs Blood, Sweat, Tears would be a breather for me.

GarageMetal468
01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
:lol:

You should come and hang with Daimonos and I. :snivel:

lol no. I hate every band on here and being at the House of Blues makes it 10000x worse.

adamclark52
01-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah that and the I Am Hell shirt are the only ones I would consider purchasing.

The "Locust Diamond Tonefield Tee" is kinda cool although I can't read the writing on the back and imagine it's something kinda...you know, gay.