PDA

View Full Version : King Diamond Tour 2012

slapguitarer
01-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Hail to all of you,

It has just been confirmed that King Diamond has joined forces with Nick Storch at ICM and Paul Ryan at The Agency Group.

Nick Storch will be in charge of booking King Diamond concerts in North and South America, and Paul Ryan will be in charge of booking King Diamond concerts in Europe and Rest of World.

“It is great to be in the top professional hands of Nick and Paul. They both come highly recommended by Brian Slagel of Metal Blade, who personally suggested the partnership that is now in effect. ICM and The Agency Group have so much combined experience, which will open new doors for us. When it comes to getting us back on stage again, we all agree on how to bring King Diamond to a whole new level. Within a few weeks, we should be able to announce the first part of our plan.

WELCOME ON BOARD AND STAY HEAVY.” - King

"I can speak for the entire team here at ICM that we are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with such a legend of heavy metal. I could not be happier to be involved with King Diamond's return to the stage." - Nick Storch

"It’s a huge honour, and one I and everyone here at The Agency Group shares, to be part of King’s team moving forward!... Being such an influence on the metal genre and an artist I have personally enjoyed and been inspired by for many years; it’s a very exciting time to be involved!" - Paul Ryan

King Diamond adds: “There’ll be a lot more great news coming the next couple of weeks. It’s been difficult keeping everything under wraps, but soon it will all be out in the open.

I want to thank you for your amazing patience.

We will get back to the Skype sessions in not too long as well.”
Stay Heavy,
King Diamond

This is awesome news! :rocker:

brutal_descent
01-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Please come to Russia :snivel:

treghet
01-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Great news! Can't wait for the tour announcements. :party:

Epidemic Reign
01-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Oh hell yeah :party:

adamclark52
01-16-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm just getting into King Diamond. If this is a weekend show and if it comes to Toronto I think I may check it out.

300%_Density
01-16-2012, 09:35 AM
I was ready to see him in Tulsa before he had to cancel w/ his back issues. This is amazing news.

dcmetal108
01-16-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm just getting into King Diamond. If this is a weekend show and if it comes to Toronto I think I may check it out.

Yea I'm just really getting into King Diamond also and loving it so if this comes any place close to Chicago I'll be there.

Epidemic Reign
01-16-2012, 09:37 AM

Don't miss it, man. He puts on a phenomenal show, and given his age and the health issues he's had in recent years, any tour could be his last.

BloodoftheKings
01-16-2012, 10:28 AM
:party:

Sanitarium78
01-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Great news! All hail the King!

elturtleboy
01-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Holy sheeeet! I've been listening to Mercyful Fate lately too.

HAPPY MARTIN LUTHER KING DIAMOND DAY!

Northern_Shaman
01-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Nice! I actually had a ticket to see King Diamond with Kreator back in 2007 or 2008 but the show was cancelled. STOKED.

sfhui
01-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Mercyful Diamond is everyone's recent favorite haha, mine too. So glad he's doing well and coming back to the road. This news just made my day!:flame:

Jochen
01-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Fucking awesome, I got into KD/MF about a year ago, and I was afraid he would hang it up for good with his health issues, I'm glad I'm wrong.

Crionics
01-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Would have liked a Fate tour, but this is just as sweet!

Magson13
01-16-2012, 02:49 PM
I came.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
01-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Never was a fan but I'd go see him since he's a legend.

MPF
01-16-2012, 03:53 PM
HELL MOTHERFUCKING YEAH!!!!

Epidemic Reign
01-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Hopefully he brings some killer support again, like the last US tour with Nile and Behemoth. That was incredible.

Sanitarium78
01-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Who cares who the support bands are. KING FUCKIN DIAMOND IS TOURING AGAIN!!!!

girnny777
01-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Hell yes, best news I've read in a long time.

adamclark52
01-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Hopefully he brings some killer support again, like the last US tour with Nile and Behemoth. That was incredible.

I was gonna add to my first post that I hoped he'd actually bring some decent support, but I figured he'd bring some other band from his era that I'm not too into. But NILE and BEHEMOTH!?!?! I didn't realize that he toured with bands like that.

HackedUpForBBQ
01-17-2012, 04:24 AM
No FUCKING way......... ohh sweet jesus, there's a fat load in the front of my pants and a fat shit in the back. This is some of the best news I've heard in years and years. I had a ticket to see him in '08 in Toronto and was crushed to find out it was canceled. Out of my favorite bands/artists I still have yet to see, the King is at the top of the list. Closest show, I'm there.... will probably catch a few shows on this tour

Epidemic Reign
01-17-2012, 04:37 AM
I was gonna add to my first post that I hoped he'd actually bring some decent support, but I figured he'd bring some other band from his era that I'm not too into. But NILE and BEHEMOTH!?!?! I didn't realize that he toured with bands like that.

Yeah, I don't have a clue what other bands he's toured with in recent years but that was a sweet lineup. The Black Dahlia Murder was on that tour also.

Jochen
01-17-2012, 11:45 AM
I think Entombed opened for him in 2003.

Epidemic Reign
01-17-2012, 11:51 AM
I think Entombed opened for him in 2003.

Holy shit. Well that might be asking for a bit much.

slapguitarer
01-17-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm not too sure that there'd be death metal bands opening up for him if he had a say, as he's stated that isn't too fond of that style of music. I think they were support for him because they're label mates.

slapguitarer
01-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

Found these 3 Youtube mini clips from King's appearance at TREE's in Dallas this past Friday, January the 27th, where King announced the winners and presented the awards at the 5th annual Nomad Recording Showcase Throwdown.
The showcase benefited the Blue Star Connection charity.

... No one knew that King was going to perform anything. He was there to present the awards, but hey... he's known for liking to surprise :)

After the presentation, King played The Family Ghost, Burn, and Evil, with Michael Harris on guitar, Neil Brincks on bass, J.T. Longoria on guitar, and Matt Thompson on drums.
You all know Matt Thompson, the drummer from King Diamond.
You also know J.T., he's recorded King's vocals for the last however many albums.
The other guys are all local musicians and personal friends.

Shaolin Death Squad, the band Matt also plays in performed as well and if you haven't checked them out yet, you really should. They are awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OzIbRkCZXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwKIm6UxjLg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6RiJMCjYeQ&context=C38dca5aADOEgsToPDskJHKbvbM4PIZIQkVvS0yuxI

From King's facebook. Nothing as far as touring news, but I thought people would be interested. :rocker:

dcmetal108
01-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Those are some awsome videos and he still sounds amazing!

IrritatedTrout
01-30-2012, 03:26 PM
I want to get into him but I just can't for some reason.

Epidemic Reign
01-30-2012, 03:53 PM

Keep trying!

Here's one of my favorite songs: At the Graves (http://youtu.be/EFIuoRyC7Cc)

ravenheart
01-30-2012, 04:01 PM
From King's facebook. Nothing as far as touring news, but I thought people would be interested. :rocker:

Only "nothing" if you're American ;)

June 9, bitches :finger:

slapguitarer
01-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Only "nothing" if you're American ;)

June 10, fuckers :finger:

Well that little blurp from his facebook, didn't include anything about touring news, so ;)

ravenheart
01-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Maybe he didn't want to upset you by keeping repeating the dates you can't go to ;)

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Too bad I didn't know about the Trees show. I would have gone.

mankvill
01-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Local power/speed metal band here just asked on Facebook who would like to see them open for King Diamond.

O: O: O:

MPF
01-30-2012, 08:26 PM
In case you didn't see, hear about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKX96L_MPWg&feature=youtu.be

Sanitarium78
01-31-2012, 05:12 AM

The biggest problem people have is getting used to his voice. His vocals are just so out there, it's hard for some to get past. Check out the song A Mansion In Darkness, it's one of those songs where he shows off every voice he's got. The same with At The Graves.

Keep trying!

Here's one of my favorite songs: At the Graves (http://youtu.be/EFIuoRyC7Cc)

My favorite song from him.

PVH5150
06-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Any word on any dates in the states this year from the King?

A rumored date for a while has been August 23rd at the Palladium in Worcester, MA. But I don't know the credibility of it.

Anyone have any updated info?

treghet
06-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Any word on any dates in the states this year from the King?

A rumored date for a while has been August 23rd at the Palladium in Worcester, MA. But I don't know the credibility of it.

Anyone have any updated info?

:hmm:

masterguy49
06-06-2012, 09:52 AM
God dammit I was really hoping this was a real update