Ticks & Leeches
Pushit (album version)
Schism
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus
The Pot
Aenema

i didn't attend this, but that was the setlist from tonight's show at the Reno Events Center. thoughts? Obviously adding Hooker, Pushit & Ticks is really badass, but it's amazing that they STILL appease these alleged casual fans with the four burnt out tracks: Schism, 46 &2, Lateralus & Aenema. Certainly at least ONE of those could be benched for a while in favor of something a bit more rare? I mean, are there really that many casual fans at this point? they haven't put out a record in SIX years.They announced this tour out of the blue about 3 weeks ago iirc. i think everyone showing up is a pretty dedicated fan.

I'm still gonna pass on this when it comes to the Meadowlands unless my contact comes through with a free ticket. YOB opening up is very cool and def. increases my interest, but not for a ticket that costs around $100 at face if you actually wanna be close...nevermind what one might have to pay now for an aftermarket ticket.

Add in that NIN is my favorite band, and they play arena shows where you gets upwards of two hours of show with well over 20 songs & a singer who actually acts like he wants to be there, and it makes it that much harder to get excited for a Tool show nowadays. Same era, similar fanbase & level of popularity, but try to compare the level of effort & respect for their fans between the two and it's not even close.

Tool, and by Tool i really Maynard bc i suspect he's the real culprit, sadly just doesn't stack up to me, and i'm a huge fan & absolutely LOVE all their material, even 10,000 Days (except for Rosetta Stoned...ugh). I know his voice isn't what it used to be, but if you're gonna play an arena show with one opener and charge me almost $100 for a ticket, i think we deserve a show longer then 80 or so minutes with 11 songs total. Shit, when I saw them headline APW 2 years ago, they were only on stage for 70 minutes and played NINE songs. i know it's a festival headlining cashgrab gig, but come ON.

cue someone pointing out that Tool's response to my bitching is them playing Hooker with a Penis first tonight. Yeah, I get that, but Maynard's self-righteousness isn't as cute as it once was, and just seems like a cop out.

sarsip
01-15-2012, 03:38 AM
Interesting set. The addition of Hooker is great. The last time I saw them I fell asleep. They seemed very disinterested and lacked energy. Plus they had to follow Meshuggah.........Yob opening is really cool!!

Epidemic Reign
01-15-2012, 04:39 AM
Obviously adding Hooker, Pushit & Ticks is really badass, but it's amazing that they STILL appease these alleged casual fans with the four burnt out tracks: Schism, 46 &2, Lateralus & Aenema. Certainly at least ONE of those could be benched for a while in favor of something a bit more rare?

Lateralus shall not be "benched" for any reason whatsoever. THAT IS THE LAW.

Greatest song this band ever wrote ;)

brutal_descent
01-15-2012, 04:42 AM

http://991.com/NewGallery/Anthrax-I-Am-The-Law---Po-74974.jpg

Epidemic Reign
01-15-2012, 04:46 AM
http://991.com/NewGallery/Anthrax-I-Am-The-Law---Po-74974.jpg

http://www.filmjunk.com/images/weblog/anotherjudgedredd.jpg

brutal_descent
01-15-2012, 04:50 AM
http://www.filmjunk.com/images/weblog/anotherjudgedredd.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3205/2762247469_faf7e2b17d.jpg

bobbie solo
01-15-2012, 04:52 AM
haha god i wanted that movie to be good SO badly. I've been reading Judge Dredd since i was real young.

HandOfDoom
01-15-2012, 05:17 AM
HOLY SHIT, Ticks and fucking Leeches and Pushit, my god :drool::drool: Intension is also one of my favorite tracks ever and opening with HWAP is damn awesome, wish I could see this tour :mad::flame:

jhdeity
01-15-2012, 07:41 AM
Since this is the 3rd time doing these same songs would it kill them to bring out a few from the 1st 2 albums?

InFlamesOfBirchmen
01-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Since this is the 3rd time doing these same songs would it kill them to bring out a few from the 1st 2 albums?

I figured they would pull out an Opiate song or two since its the 20th anniversary, but I'm not complaining about the setlist. There was a rumor they were going to play Triad as well. Guess we'll have to see at the next show! A couple people on Fourtheye noticed that Maynard seems to be saying something to the fans with the inclusion of Hooker and Ticks. Apparently he also said something about how ridiculous it is to still be pissed off about stuff at 50 before they went into Ticks and Leeches.

Also, to the OP, are you a Fourtheye lurker as well?

dcmetal108
01-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Short setlist but I still can't get into Tool. I just don't see the huge deal with them.

adamclark52
01-15-2012, 08:55 AM
i didn't attend this, but that was the setlist from tonight's show at the Reno Events Center. thoughts? Obviously adding Hooker, Pushit & Ticks is really badass, but it's amazing that they STILL appease these alleged casual fans with the four burnt out tracks: Schism, 46 &2, Lateralus & Aenema. Certainly at least ONE of those could be benched for a while in favor of something a bit more rare? I mean, are there really that many casual fans at this point? they haven't put out a record in SIX years.They announced this tour out of the blue about 3 weeks ago iirc. i think everyone showing up is a pretty dedicated fan.

I'm still gonna pass on this when it comes to the Meadowlands unless my contact comes through with a free ticket. YOB opening up is very cool and def. increases my interest, but not for a ticket that costs around $100 at face if you actually wanna be close...nevermind what one might have to pay now for an aftermarket ticket.

Add in that NIN is my favorite band, and they play arena shows where you gets upwards of two hours of show with well over 20 songs & a singer who actually acts like he wants to be there, and it makes it that much harder to get excited for a Tool show nowadays. Same era, similar fanbase & level of popularity, but try to compare the level of effort & respect for their fans between the two and it's not even close.

Tool, and by Tool i really Maynard bc i suspect he's the real culprit, sadly just doesn't stack up to me, and i'm a huge fan & absolutely LOVE all their material, even 10,000 Days (except for Rosetta Stoned...ugh). I know his voice isn't what it used to be, but if you're gonna play an arena show with one opener and charge me almost $100 for a ticket, i think we deserve a show longer then 80 or so minutes with 11 songs total. Shit, when I saw them headline APW 2 years ago, they were only on stage for 70 minutes and played NINE songs. i know it's a festival headlining cashgrab gig, but come ON.

cue someone pointing out that Tool's response to my bitching is them playing Hooker with a Penis first tonight. Yeah, I get that, but Maynard's self-righteousness isn't as cute as it once was, and just seems like a cop out.

If you go to the show in Toronto there will be about 12000 casual fans there.

detuned
01-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Shit, when I saw them headline APW 2 years ago, they were only on stage for 70 minutes and played NINE songs. i know it's a festival headlining cashgrab gig, but come ON.
saw them the night after that, they played an hour and 45 minutes. youre lucky if a band plays over an hour at a festival.

ShatteredFlame
01-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Ticks & Leeches and Pushit

:eek: They better play those in Boston. Those two alone make it worth it for me.

electrocute1031
01-15-2012, 09:21 AM
payed around $50 per seat, for two really crappy seats in the balcony, thats all that was left. Still haven't seen Tool before, and that set list looks pretty good, so I'm guessing it'll definitely be worth the money

jhdeity
01-15-2012, 09:22 AM
The Grudge is one of the most incredible live songs my ears have ever heard. Playing Intension for 7 minutes over that is also unfathomable.

Taking all things into consideration this set gets a C+ from me. Hooker and Ticks are great but I would have to drive 3+ hours and pay $100+ and that's not happening for that set.

JRA
01-15-2012, 09:34 AM
but it's amazing that they STILL appease these alleged casual fans with the four burnt out tracks: Schism, 46 &2, Lateralus & Aenema.

It's called playing the hits. Four hits? Most bands would be scared to cut it down to 5, and everything else is super-rare. Quit your bitching.

Shit has 46 & 2 even been on the setlist the past few years?

300%_Density
01-15-2012, 09:44 AM
It's called playing the hits. Four hits? Most bands would be scared to cut it down to 5, and everything else is super-rare. Quit your bitching.

Shit has 46 & 2 even been on the setlist the past few years?

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13829

This was opening night of their '10 tour and they pretty much kept this same set the whole tour. I'm pretty sure 46 & 2 has been a constant last few years I think, but I might be wrong idk.

jhdeity
01-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah I would prefer that setlist by a mile. I missed the exclusion of Vicarious also. How do you not play that f'n song? Weak stick...

HandOfDoom
01-15-2012, 10:01 AM
The Grudge is one of the most incredible live songs my ears have ever heard. Playing Intension for 7 minutes over that is also unfathomable.

Taking all things into consideration this set gets a C+ from me. Hooker and Ticks are great but I would have to drive 3+ hours and pay $100+ and that's not happening for that set.

That mighty yell at the end of The Grudge must be EPIC live:drool:, probably my favorite Tool track.

ShatteredFlame
01-15-2012, 10:02 AM
I love everything on this set but Stinkfist. All of the other songs are great.

masterguy49
01-15-2012, 10:26 AM
HOLY SHIT :drool:

Ticks and Leeches and Pushit? I have so many memories with those songs, holy fuck I might just lose my mind at this show

DementedX14
01-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Setlist looks good for the most part. I just wished they played Chicago :(.

jd091
01-15-2012, 01:06 PM
I've never really been a fan of Fourty Six, but other than that, I'd love to see this set.

Also hate to be this guy... but where is Third Eye... :(

masterguy49
01-15-2012, 01:18 PM
I've never really been a fan of Fourty Six, but other than that, I'd love to see this set.

Also hate to be this guy... but where is Third Eye... :(

Yeah Third Eye would have just been the icing on the cake. But they would have to cut out like 2 songs to play that. I wish they would take out The Pot though(That song pisses me off) and replace it with like Sober at least.

stylesclash516
01-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Damn, still no Parabola or Sober. :( Hooker With A Penis is a good addition though, it would also be insanely awesome if they brought back Jerk-Off as well.

Polock91
01-15-2012, 03:33 PM
I've actually never seen Tool before, so seeing 46&2 and Lateralus is going to be awesome.

I do think Jambi could be benched for 10,000 Days, though

Ticks and Leeches and Intension are also awesome additions, but, to be fair, there's no real point in arguing about this set, considering it's probably the only time on this tour that this exact set will be played. Tool never play the same set twice on a tour, at least from the sets I've seen.

jhdeity
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Damn, still no Parabola or Sober. :( Hooker With A Penis is a good addition though, it would also be insanely awesome if they brought back Jerk-Off as well.

well said

300%_Density
01-15-2012, 04:02 PM
I've actually never seen Tool before, so seeing 46&2 and Lateralus is going to be awesome.

I do think Jambi could be benched for 10,000 Days, though

Ticks and Leeches and Intension are also awesome additions, but, to be fair, there's no real point in arguing about this set, considering it's probably the only time on this tour that this exact set will be played. Tool never play the same set twice on a tour, at least from the sets I've seen.

When I saw them in '10 they pretty much kept same one for whole tour. I think bc of their whole stage & setup I don't see them changing up their set much. If they do probably just a song, 2 @ the most.

Natrlhi
01-16-2012, 02:21 PM

Greatest song this band ever wrote ;)Fact.

Also, "Forty-Six & 2" is right the fuck up there as well. There will be no "benching" of either song, ever.

The Grudge is one of the most incredible live songs my ears have ever heard. Playing Intension for 7 minutes over that is also unfathomable.Something tells me they probably didn't play the full album version. They often use it as a lead-in to "Right in Two" or something like that, and it's generally a shortened version. I definitely agree with your sentiments about "The Grudge", though. That song fucking rocks. I've not heard it played live, but I'm sure I would shit a squirrel if I did.

Shit has 46 & 2 even been on the setlist the past few years?Oh shit yes, it has been. I got it twice on their last touring cycle. Fucking awesome it was, too. Both times. :fist:

I've actually never seen Tool before, so seeing 46&2 and Lateralus is going to be awesome. Son, you have no fucking idea. I only wish I could go back and hear those two songs for the first time over again. Pure fucking awesome. :bliss:

I do think Jambi could be benched for 10,000 Days, thoughNow you just shut your trap. "Jambi" shall not be benched, either - or at least not for "10,000 Days".

I mean, I like "Wings" and all (both parts, actually), but "Jambi" is WAY fucking better...especially live.

Tool never play the same set twice on a tour, at least from the sets I've seen.Not true. To be honest, variety really isn't their strong suit. That said, they do mix it up a bit from night to night, but typically only by about two or three songs on average. They are definitely are no fucking Clutch when it comes to setlists, but whatever they play generally fucking rules, so all is usually forgiven.

...and why are there not puddles of jizz all over the fucking floor in this thread for "Ticks and Leeches"?!? Holy fucking shit.

I thought for damn sure that one of the only truly iron-clad Tool rumors that I've ever heard was that Maynard would never sing that song live again as long as he lived because of the strain it puts on his vocal cords. I've heard that rumor a million times, and I actually believed it because it made sense. Not only that, but I had come to accept it as fact.

Then, they decide to actually play it on a tour that I most likely won't be able to attend. That fucking blows. :snivel:

Seriously, if you got to see them play this song, you are one lucky mother fucker. That, and "Hooker" as well? Uh...fuckyespleeze.

[/megapost]

velvetgrass
01-16-2012, 02:22 PM
It's so great that they brought Ticks & Leeches back! But they shouldn't have dropped Vicarious.

masterguy49
01-16-2012, 02:31 PM
...and why are there not puddles of jizz all over the fucking floor in this thread for "Ticks and Leeches"?!? Holy fucking shit.

I thought for damn sure that one of the only truly iron-clad Tool rumors that I've ever heard was that Maynard would never sing that song live again as long as he lived because of the strain it puts on his vocal cords. I've heard that rumor a million times, and I actually believed it because it made sense. Not only that, but I had come to accept it as fact.

Then, they decide to actually play it on a tour that I most likely won't be able to attend. That fucking blows. :snivel:

Seriously, if you got to see them play this song, you are one lucky mother fucker. That, and "Hooker" as well? Uh...fuckyespleeze.

[/megapost]
I am jizzing! This is my first Tool show ever and being as they're one of my 2 favorite bands, this set is orgasmic. I mean fucking Ticks and Leeches, as a drummer I think that intro will change my life live.

ShatteredFlame
01-16-2012, 05:52 PM

[/megapost]
I'm still in shock that this is the real set and I have a bad feeling that they will drop it by my date, crushing my dreams of seeing my favorite Tool song forever :snivel:

Natrlhi
01-17-2012, 07:23 AM
I'm still in shock that this is the real set and I have a bad feeling that they will drop it by my date, crushing my dreams of seeing my favorite Tool song forever :snivel:At least you're getting to see Caspian, you fucker. :finger:

But yeah, I know what you mean. If there were a chance in hell that I would be seeing one of these shows, I'd be worried as fuck that they would rotate out "Ticks" before I had a chance to see it - especially considering why it's never in their set in the first place.

Xenocide
01-17-2012, 08:32 AM
I like the set but Vicarious should be a staple. It's their best song imho.

Xenocide
01-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Also, fuck you to whoever goes to this tour. Tool is my favorite band but I can't go cuz I already bought 3 tickets to Gigantour on the same day :flame:

brutal_descent
01-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Also, fuck you to whoever goes to this tour. Tool is my favorite band but I can't go cuz I already bought 3 tickets to Gigantour on the same day :flame:

Seeing Tool > seeing a shitty Megadeth set + Motorhead + Volbeat

Didn't mention Lacuna Coil because they're shit anyhow ;)

Natrlhi
01-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Also, fuck you to whoever goes to this tour. Tool is my favorite band but I can't go cuz I already bought 3 tickets to Gigantour on the same day :flame:www.craigslist.com

www.ebay.com

Problem solved.

jhdeity
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM
www.craigslist.com

www.ebay.com

Problem solved.

hahaha. well said

smearCampaign
01-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Hooker and Ticks makes this set amazing as has been said; but at this point, as the OP mentioned, why does Tool still play such relatively short headlining sets? Even two 'short' 45 minute sets with a break in the middle would be more satisfying. Oh well, I'm not going this time around anyway.

Xenocide
01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Seeing Tool > seeing a shitty Megadeth set + Motorhead + Volbeat

Didn't mention Lacuna Coil because they're shit anyhow ;)

I agree, but I can't resell the tickets for Tool because I already sold the other 2 tickets, one of them to the guy who's giving me a ride.

And used the money.

masterguy49
01-17-2012, 09:25 AM
I like the set but Vicarious should be a staple. It's their best song imho.

>Favorite band is Tool
>Thinks best song is of Vicarious
>Best song is on 10,000 Days
>10,000 days

http://www.piksa.info/blog/eigenebilder/there-is-the-door-get-the-fuck-out.jpg

Indestructible
01-17-2012, 09:52 AM
>Favorite band is Tool
>10,000 days

Vicarious is one of their best songs, top five for me. 10,000 Days is a good album, but I like Undertow and Aenima the best.

masterguy49
01-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Vicarious is one of their best songs, top five for me. 10,000 Days is a good album, but I like Undertow and Aenima the best.

It is a good album and Vicarious is a good song, but not even CLOSE to their best songs, considering everything off Lateralus and AEnima is better than every song off 10,000 Days.

Natrlhi
01-17-2012, 10:07 AM
...everything off Lateralus and AEnima is better than every song off 10,000 Days.Horseshit. I'd rather see "Jambi", "Vicarious" or "The Pot" live than fucking tired old "Stinkfist" any day. Fucking hell, I'm getting sick of that song. "Aenema" and "Schism" aren't far behind, either (I mean, they're great songs, but enough already).

masterguy49
01-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Horseshit. I'd rather see "Jambi", "Vicarious" or "The Pot" live than fucking tired old "Stinkfist" any day. Fucking hell, I'm getting sick of that song. "Aenema" and "Schism" aren't far behind, either (I mean, they're great songs, but enough already).
"Vicarious" and "The Pot" are on the radio(well used to at least), that people would be going to Tool shows just to hear those songs. I've never seen Tool so I would rather hear "Stinkfist" over any song on "10,000 days". I mean I love "Jambi" and I know every word to "Vicarious", but no way could it reach the best Tool song ever, let alone the top 5.

Natrlhi
01-17-2012, 10:32 AM
I don't go to shows to hear songs I can't hear on the radio. Hell, I don't even listen to the fucking radio. Not even satellite. I collect CD's, and burn copies of what I want to listen to for my commute to and from work, and listen to shit on my laptop while at the office or on my mp3 player when in the gym. Fuck radio.

I go to shows to see / hear awesome songs be performed at maximum volume, live before my very eyes. I could give a shit less if they're on the radio or not. This notion that "if people know about it / have easy access to it, then it must not be good" is one of the stupidest things I constantly hear otherwise intelligent people saying. It's just fucking ludicrous.

Awesome is awesome. When I go to a show, I want to hear awesome. "Jambi" and "Vicarious" qualify as "awesome" for me. So do a number of other songs from every single album Tool has ever released. As long as the set list is comprised of mostly awesome shit, I'm a happy camper. It's not like I'd be totally disinterested in hearing a song performed live if it weren't in my top ten songs for that band. That's just expecting way too much - you're just bound to be disappointed if that's what you're hoping for when you buy a ticket.

masterguy49
01-17-2012, 10:45 AM
I don't go to shows to hear songs I can't hear on the radio. Hell, I don't even listen to the fucking radio. Not even satellite. I collect CD's, and burn copies of what I want to listen to for my commute to and from work, and listen to shit on my laptop while at the office or on my mp3 player when in the gym. Fuck radio.

I go to shows to see / hear awesome songs be performed at maximum volume, live before my very eyes. I could give a shit less if they're on the radio or not. This notion that "if people know about it / have easy access to it, then it must not be good" is one of the stupidest things I constantly hear otherwise intelligent people saying. It's just fucking ludicrous.

Awesome is awesome. When I go to a show, I want to hear awesome. "Jambi" and "Vicarious" qualify as "awesome" for me. So do a number of other songs from every single album Tool has ever released. As long as the set list is comprised of mostly awesome shit, I'm a happy camper. It's not like I'd be totally disinterested in hearing a song performed live if it weren't in my top ten songs for that band. That's just expecting way too much - you're just bound to be disappointed if that's what you're hoping for when you buy a ticket.
I don't care about the radio really, but its the fact all my friends pretend to love Tool, when they know songs of 10,000 days, which I know I shouldn't give a fuck, but it still bothers me. In that way, I wish those songs were played just so those people could learn to actually listen to material not on the radio played. I still love the songs, trust me I love everything Tool has released, but those people are what truly annoy me. I bought my tickets expecting Tool to not play any of the songs I really wanted, because they are my favorite band and as long as I get to see Danny on the drums, Adam on the guitar, Justin on the bass and hear Maynard use his amazing voice, I am the happiest person on the earth. I never expected them to play my top 10(thankfully they are playing a good amount of it :D). Only point I made was I prefer most of Undertow, AEnima, Lateralus over most of 10,000 days. Also that I wouldn't consider Vicarious close to their top 10 best songs. But you know, that's just like, my opinion, man.

zerkz
01-17-2012, 11:12 AM
"Vicarious" and "The Pot" are on the radio(well used to at least), that people would be going to Tool shows just to hear those songs. I've never seen Tool so I would rather hear "Stinkfist" over any song on "10,000 days". I mean I love "Jambi" and I know every word to "Vicarious", but no way could it reach the best Tool song ever, let alone the top 5.

I used to hear Schism, Stinkfist, 46 & 2 and even Aenema on the radio all the time.

brutal_descent
01-17-2012, 11:20 AM
:tp: When will you guys realize the whole "I hear it on the radio" argument doesn't work because we all live in different places? If I say "I hear it on the radio" it'll be fucking MOOT because I live in Russia, and honestly, same goes for comparing what you hear on the radio in Florida to what you hear on the radio in Pittsburgh.

Natrlhi
01-17-2012, 11:34 AM
In summary, the main points of the above debate are as follows:

We all love the band named Tool (except for the trolls who are reading this, and Manks, both of whom can fuck off).
Whenever we get a chance to see them, they'll probably play a lot of songs we like, along with a few that we're bored with.
Whenever we get a chance to see them, they'll almost certainly omit a few songs that we would have loved to have heard.
Regardless of the exact set list, everything Tool plays is basically awesome, and thus we will have been blessed by having been there.
Those of us who are not going to see this tour are jelly.
Those of us who are going to see this tour are assholes.

Am I forgetting anything?

masterguy49
01-17-2012, 12:36 PM
In summary, the main points of the above debate are as follows:

We all love the band named Tool (except for the trolls who are reading this, and Manks, both of whom can fuck off).
Whenever we get a chance to see them, they'll probably play a lot of songs we like, along with a few that we're bored with.
Whenever we get a chance to see them, they'll almost certainly omit a few songs that we would have loved to have heard.
Regardless of the exact set list, everything Tool plays is basically awesome, and thus we will have been blessed by having been there.
Those of us who are not going to see this tour are jelly.
Those of us who are going to see this tour are assholes.

Am I forgetting anything?
I think the last 2 could be summed as "Nat is mad".

Natrlhi
01-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Ya think?

masterguy49
01-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Ya think?

I'll take videos of "Ticks and Leeches" and "Pushit" for ya, if that makes you feel any better ;)

Xenocide
01-17-2012, 01:09 PM
>Favorite band is Tool
>10,000 days

I don't think their best album is 10,000 Days, but my favorite song is Vicarious. My favorite album is Lateralus because it's a much better cohesive experience (especially if you change the track order to match the fibonacci sequence). But yeah... fuck you mayne.

Natrlhi
01-17-2012, 01:18 PM
I'll take videos of "Ticks and Leeches" and "Pushit" for ya, if that makes you feel any better ;)How generous of you. You just give 'til it hurts, don'tcha?

masterguy49
01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't think their best album is 10,000 Days, but my favorite song is Vicarious. My favorite album is Lateralus because it's a much better cohesive experience (especially if you change the track order to match the fibonacci sequence). But yeah... fuck you mayne.
Flashing out the big words now, huh?

How generous of you. You just give 'til it hurts, don'tcha?
I try ;)

Though, anyone think it's ridiculous that there are no songs off Undertow on here!?

V-Man
01-17-2012, 04:01 PM

Amen! :rocker:

Reno was insane, my 7th Tool show, and my favorite. I was happy with all their choices and everything sounded great. Would have been a bit happier with a tad more vocal in the mix. Great fantastic enthusiastic crowd.

300%_Density
01-17-2012, 04:12 PM
No matter how many Tool arguments there are they always involve the same tired arguments. Sadly this is some of what Tool attracts w/ some of their fans. Why do people get mad. Its not like they tour a ton. Why they can't be appreciated when they tour is beyond me. Carry on angry Nat :cool:

bobbie solo
01-17-2012, 04:21 PM
b/c people think it's ridiculous to continue to trot out a very similar show for years & years instead of putting out an album. add in Maynard's side projects, and you have SIX years since 10,000 Days. You might not care, but some do.

Some would rather have new material from an incredible band than an average live show (only bc of Maynard, not the rest of the band) that is way way too short for the amount of $ they charge.

to the guy who asked me about 4th Eye, yes i check that site every few days to see what the latest non-news is.

bobbie solo
01-17-2012, 04:26 PM
and to the guy who referred to Stinkfist, 46 & 2, Schism and Aenema as "the hits" and that's why they'll never be benched...You can say that Opiate, Sober & Prison Sex are "the hits" too, so why can't we hear one of those instead of Schism? Schism is so overplayed, both live and on the radio, etc. that no one would shed a tear if it was given a break. I've heard he doesn't want to perform Prison Sex anymore, but Sober or Opiate would work.

El Gordo
01-17-2012, 05:47 PM
b/c people think it's ridiculous to continue to trot out a very similar show for years & years instead of putting out an album. add in Maynard's side projects, and you have SIX years since 10,000 Days. You might nor care, but some do.

Some would rather have new material from an incredible band than a average live show (only bc of Maynard, not the rest of the band) that is way way to short for the amount of $ they charge.

to the guy who asked me about 4th Eye, yes i check that site every few days to see what the latest non-news is.

This, and all kinds of it. My wife wanted me to go see Tool with her but she's going with her best friend instead because I've already seen them tour 10,000 Days. Honestly, Tool are a good band, but they're not THAT good. I want a new album before another Tool show.

bobbie solo
01-17-2012, 05:56 PM
based on how Maynard performs live now (as opposed to back in say '97/'98), Tool is now one of the few bands i'd rather listen to on record than see live. And that's sad bc Carey is still such a beast on the drums and a pleasure to watch. Maynard's standing in the shadows schtick has worn thin, and i find the vocals to be too low in the mix. Based on the youtube videos and bootleg i d/l, that part hasn't changed yet...not that i thought it would.

HandOfDoom
01-18-2012, 06:09 AM
I see Maynard as the least important part of the show, its all about Danny, Adam and Justin, the visuals, and just the atmosphere in general.

Natrlhi
01-18-2012, 07:08 AM
I see Maynard as the least important part of the show, its all about Danny, Adam and Justin, the visuals, and just the atmosphere in general.Gotta say I pretty much agree with this. Tool shows are great because of the musicianship, visuals and atmosphere.

HandOfDoom
01-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Gotta say I pretty much agree with this. Tool shows are great because of the musicianship, visuals and atmosphere.

Couldn't of said it better myself :D

Xenocide
01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Flashing out the big words now, huh?

That would only make sense if the fibonacci sequence was a fancy term for something else, but it's not. That's what it's called.

masterguy49
01-18-2012, 02:20 PM
That would only make sense if the fibonacci sequence was a fancy term for something else, but it's not. That's what it's called.

I was just kidding, man.

Xenocide
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
the internet is srs though.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
01-19-2012, 04:35 PM
I agree about Maynard being the least important element. I used to view it as the exact opposite, but over the years, I've really come to appreciate Justin and Danny the most. I love Adam's visuals as well, but let's be honest, Danny is the driving force of the band at this point.

I had the pleasure of seeing Tool for the first time on their 2009 tour, and it was a pretty standard setlist. I'm glad to see they're finally changing it up - even if Maynard is sending a pretty obvious message to the fans.

I've got my fingers crossed that I'll get to hear an extra song or two at the Atlanta date, since its the last day of the tour.