PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Mastodon/Opeth tour

Pages : 1 [2]

jd091
02-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Just catching the last part of this,

Mikael did say for the Heritage tour that they didn't want to do heavier songs as it would ruin the feel of the night. Only having live bootlegs, I can agree. Deliverance and Ghost Of Perdition didn't fit in that tour.

And Mikael has NEVER said that they are done with Death Metal altogether. Just for future releases, and even that he said might come back if future songs call for it.

in other words.....FUCKING RELAX!

Yeah, I expect them to pull out at least 2 heavy ones this tour. Definitely not most of the set, though.

Northern_Shaman
02-03-2012, 07:34 PM
That would be great. It would make the heavy songs/parts stand out a lot more. Kind of like with Alcest's setlist on the Enslaved tour. Clean singing the entire time right up until the last song, and then black metal screams to end all chaos.

jd091
02-03-2012, 09:52 PM
That would be great. It would make the heavy songs/parts stand out a lot more. Kind of like with Alcest's setlist on the Enslaved tour. Clean singing the entire time right up until the last song, and then black metal screams to end all chaos.

Totally. That set was insane awesome!

Rocco44
02-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Missed getting pit tickets so I think I'm going to pass on this. 45 to 60 bucks for seats pretty far away or 20 something for shitty balcony seats doesn't appeal to me.

HugeRockStar
02-04-2012, 11:13 AM
If Opeth plays the same setlist they played on their last North American tour or something similar, Mastodon will blow them off the stage. Especially with Opeth closing. They'll look terrible.

When I saw Opeth on the Damnation tour, I saw them play after Porcupine Tree, and even Porcupine Tree upstaged them and that was GOOD mellow Opeth lol. Imagine Mastodon.

illuminatus917
02-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Watch Opeth break out Advent and Black Rose Immortal. :lol:

Rocco44
02-04-2012, 12:39 PM

I will personally murder Mikael if that happens at the LA show.

slapguitarer
02-04-2012, 04:49 PM

If they play Black Rose Immortal, I will cry.

That's one of my favorites from them.

TonyD
02-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I will personally murder Mikael if that happens at the LA show.

For snoozing and losing on pit tickets and refusing to sit anywhere else?

illuminatus917
02-04-2012, 05:25 PM
If they play Black Rose Immortal, I will cry.

That's one of my favorites from them.

I think I'd cry if they played To Bid You Farewell.

If they go with a softer set again, there's no reason they can't play In My time of Need, or Hope Leaves (or a handful of songs off Damnation), Atonement, or even To Bid You Farewell.

But I'd flip shit if they threw in something like Black Rose Immortal (practically 0% chance of happening) or The Moor, or any of the songs already mentioned really.

HugeRockStar
02-04-2012, 06:49 PM

If they go with a softer set again, there's no reason they can't play In My time of Need, or Hope Leaves (or a handful of songs off Damnation), Atonement, or even To Bid You Farewell.

But I'd flip shit if they threw in something like Black Rose Immortal (practically 0% chance of happening) or The Moor, or any of the songs already mentioned really.

They closed with To Bid You Farewell on the Damnation tour. Was beautiful. Mikael goes 'this is something from Morningrise...no it's not Black Rose Immortal'.

I'd like to seem them play Benighted again as well.

It'll be cool to see Opeth once again, but honestly to me, it's not the same anymore since Martin Lopez and then Peter left. After Ghost Reveries, it just isn't the same.

slapguitarer
02-04-2012, 06:56 PM

Well I think you're speaking tears of joy. I'm talking about tears of sadness. Remember, I'm missing my show. :bouville:

illuminatus917
02-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Well I think you're speaking tears of joy. I'm talking about tears of sadness. Remember, I'm missing my show. :bouville:

Well, they might start as tears of joy. By the end of the song they'll be tears of sadness. :lol:

HugeRockStar... you're so incredibly lucky.

Rocco44
02-04-2012, 09:38 PM
For snoozing and losing on pit tickets and refusing to sit anywhere else?

Haha fair enough. I just saw both bands headline so I found it kind of pointless to pay almost double just to see shorter sets and similar setlists.

I doubt it will happen so I'm not worried, it just won't make sense that they didn't pull it out at one of the anniversary shows and then play it at the fucking Gibson Amphitheater.

Sepultura69
02-05-2012, 09:51 AM
:
On a serious note, though, if Opeth has a set similar to the one on their last tour, I'm just going to trip at this show.

No offense bro, but if I were you I would save that for something more suited for that kind of "mind set"...like ELECTRIC FUCKING WIZARD @ MDF :rocker:

Well that's just me, but more power to you. But if I were you I would definitely like to take a ride to the other side of the world if I was at MDF, more specifically on the last day during the last bands performance :stoned:

AnthG
02-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Holy shit, tickets for the Toronto show are expensive.

TonyD
02-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Damn no kidding

daimonos
02-06-2012, 11:10 AM
No offense bro, but if I were you I would save that for something more suited for that kind of "mind set"...like ELECTRIC FUCKING WIZARD @ MDF :rocker:

Well that's just me, but more power to you. But if I were you I would definitely like to take a ride to the other side of the world if I was at MDF, more specifically on the last day during the last bands performance :stoned:

Ugh, don't tempt me :lol:

AnataFan4Life
02-06-2012, 11:14 AM
So I caved in and bought a ticket for this. now i have a ticket for this AND Behemoth, both of which are like, 5 days apart from each other.

daimonos
02-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Sep (or Wizard in Black, whatever, you'll always be Sep to me), I see much potential for a grand time to be had at MDF.

Wherever Daimonos and Sep69 are, that's where the party will be.

Northern_Shaman
02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
So I caved in and bought a ticket for this. now i have a ticket for this AND Behemoth, both of which are like, 5 days apart from each other.

I have no idea what your work/home schedule is like, so I'm not sure how busy that really is for you, but...

Right decision :party:.

noahj
02-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Think I mentioned it earlier, but this tour is in Vegas while we are vacationing and I bought tickets today for me and my 9 year old.

He was upset he didn't go with me to see Opeth when they were in Denver, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity again.

However, he's nervous because Ghost scares him.

GarageMetal468
02-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Think I mentioned it earlier, but this tour is in Vegas while we are vacationing and I bought tickets today for me and my 9 year old.

He was upset he didn't go with me to see Opeth when they were in Denver, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity again.

:lol:

Ghost is not a band to be scared of! Now, Portal, on the other hand...

mankvill
02-06-2012, 07:50 PM

Ghost is not a band to be scared of! Now, Portal, on the other hand...

Portal would scar a kid for life

dcmetal108
02-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Just googled Portal and I'd agree. Also any band on Behemoths tour along with Behemoth would scar a child.

Northern_Shaman
02-06-2012, 09:25 PM

Hahah, that's pretty great. I'm sure he'll have an awesome time.

...Mastodon is going to be steal the show at every show, though.

Natrlhi
02-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Watain would scar a kid for lifeFTFY

jd091
02-07-2012, 10:22 AM
FTFY

Fuckin' Watain would scar ANYONE for life...

smearCampaign
02-07-2012, 11:11 AM

Literally.... with some kind of sacrificial blade.

dcmetal108
02-07-2012, 02:22 PM

I remember when I saw a pic of them and still I'm like holy shit that's messed up.

Northern_Shaman
02-07-2012, 02:28 PM

My girlfriend has expressed interest in coming to a metal show with me "just to see what it's like". She primarily listens to dreampop-style stuff and doesn't listen to metal at all.

Guess who's going to see Watain with me! :D

Natrlhi
02-07-2012, 02:40 PM
My girlfriend has expressed interest in coming to a metal show with me "just to see what it's like". She primarily listens to dreampop-style stuff and doesn't listen to metal at all.

Guess who's going to see Watain with me! :DSounds funny in principle, but you might want to seriously consider the possibility that you could very well end up paying for two tickets to see Watain and having to leave the show early.

daimonos
02-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Sounds funny in principle, but you might want to seriously consider the possibility that you could very well end up paying for two tickets to see Watain and having to leave the show early.

dcmetal108
02-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Sounds funny in principle, but you might want to seriously consider the possibility that you could very well end up paying for two tickets to see Watain and having to leave the show early.

True, or you may be up single.

illuminatus917
02-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Always a good read:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15460

jd091
02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Always a good read:

Still one of my favorite reviews I've ever read on this site. :fist:

Natrlhi
02-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Always a good read:

Now that's one of the best reviews of a Watain show I've ever read. ;)

dcmetal108
02-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Now that's one of the best reviews of a Watain show I've ever read. ;)

That review makes me nervous to see them lol. And the smell might make me vomit lol.

Seventhzealot
02-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Always a good read:

Fantastic! Now I really can't wait for May 1st and my first ever Watain show :party:

Northern_Shaman
02-07-2012, 05:39 PM

Hahaha. I should have explained further, but I thought it would make it less funny.

She's entirely aware of the stage show and all that will be going with it. The only thing she was remotely concerned about was getting blood on her clothes (which should be simple enough to avoid) :lol:.

It won't be my first time seeing them. And she specifically requested the most "stereotypically evil" performance that I can find.

This isn't a first date or anything either, we've been together for several years now. Though that would be pretty hilarious too.

Thanks for the concerns though. Genuinely!

GarageMetal468
02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
That review makes me nervous to see them lol. And the smell might make me vomit lol.

Knowing Bottom Lounge as they love fucking it up for everyone, they probably won't allow the dead animals or blood anywhere near the venue. Because they're the greatest and most top notch venue in Chicago of course.

treghet
02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
And she specifically requested the most "stereotypically evil" performance that I can find.

... we've been together for several years now.

You've got a keeper there.

dcmetal108
02-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Knowing Bottom Lounge as they love fucking it up for everyone, they probably won't allow the dead animals or blood anywhere near the venue. Because they're the greatest and most top notch venue in Chicago of course.

That's what I'm worried about. Plus they might make them keep the lights on if they allow candles onstage. :D

Seventhzealot
02-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Hahaha. I should have explained further, but I thought it would make it less funny.

She's entirely aware of the stage show and all that will be going with it. The only thing she was remotely concerned about was getting blood on her clothes (which should be simple enough to avoid) :lol:.

It won't be my first time seeing them. And she specifically requested the most "stereotypically evil" performance that I can find.

This isn't a first date or anything either, we've been together for several years now. Though that would be pretty hilarious too.

Thanks for the concerns though. Genuinely!

Lucky dawg.

illuminatus917
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
And she specifically requested the most "stereotypically evil" performance that I can find.

Impressive. Not many girls would "ask" for that, especially if they're not metal listeners. It proves her mind is open.

GarageMetal468
02-07-2012, 06:32 PM
That's what I'm worried about. Plus they might make them keep the lights on if they allow candles onstage. :D

All I can say is that Bottom Lounge is gonna find some way to screw up the show. However, it's on a Friday so things may actually run smoothly but we'll see.

dcmetal108
02-07-2012, 06:44 PM
All I can say is that Bottom Lounge is gonna find some way to screw up the show. However, it's on a Friday so things may actually run smoothly but we'll see.

It's all ages though so we might run into the curfew problem. I've only ever went to the BottomLounge once and that was for Times Of Grace. Show went smoothly except for starting an hour late. But with like 5 shows over the next few months there I want to see hopefully they can do everything smoothly.

GarageMetal468
02-07-2012, 07:00 PM
It's all ages though so we might run into the curfew problem. I've only ever went to the BottomLounge once and that was for Times Of Grace. Show went smoothly except for starting an hour late. But with like 5 shows over the next few months there I want to see hopefully they can do everything smoothly.

It's weird cause when I saw Kreator there 2 years ago it was all ages and went til midnight. That was on a Friday, so I guess that makes sense. Immortal last year was on a Tuesday, 17+ and went til midnight. I'm guessing it's all ages shows on any day that's not Friday or Saturday that make them have a curfew, because at Symphony X they cut Blackguard short (although I can't complain) and when I saw Kamelot/Alestorm last year they started the show an hour early. Same with Enslaved/Alcest.

Epidemic Reign
02-07-2012, 07:03 PM
they cut Blackguard short

Sounds like a nice place :fist:

GarageMetal468
02-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Sounds like a nice place :fist:

They also cut Alcest and Alestorm short. Big no no. Fuck Bottom Lounge.

dcmetal108
02-07-2012, 07:37 PM
It's weird cause when I saw Kreator there 2 years ago it was all ages and went til midnight. That was on a Friday, so I guess that makes sense. Immortal last year was on a Tuesday, 17+ and went til midnight. I'm guessing it's all ages shows on any day that's not Friday or Saturday that make them have a curfew, because at Symphony X they cut Blackguard short (although I can't complain) and when I saw Kamelot/Alestorm last year they started the show an hour early. Same with Enslaved/Alcest.

Hopefully it goes late and fine. Only downside of that is I don't want to try to find my way home at midnight on trains and buses lol.

Natrlhi
02-08-2012, 09:14 AM

Thanks for the concerns though. Genuinely!As others have said, you've got yourself a keeper there. Lucky man.

Also, on a related note, I noticed that I failed to mention in my gig report for Watain that there were not one, but several good-looking, well-dressed older women at that show, and I found it to be very interesting. I mean, they were carrying nice purses and wearing relatively expensive-looking leather jackets (fashionable, I mean - no patches or leather spikes here), and shit like that. I remember thinking that it would be awesome if they got blood thrown on them (which actually did not happen at this show...despite all the other crazy shit I saw, there was no blood thrown), but then it occurred to me that they may have been into it. Who knows, but it was strangely awesome to see that.

Oh, and let's all pat ourselves on the back for successfully hijacking the fuck out of this thread. Nice job, everybody! :D

MPF
02-09-2012, 11:24 PM
according to the local shitty rock station here int eh Twin Cites, Mastodon is coming to The Brick (WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT IN MINNEAPOLIS???!) May 7th.

I have no idea if this is an offdate, or if Opeth and Ghost are coming with.

Cross Face Chicken Wing
02-10-2012, 04:38 AM
according to the local shitty rock station here int eh Twin Cites, Mastodon is coming to The Brick (WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT IN MINNEAPOLIS???!) May 7th.

I have no idea if this is an offdate, or if Opeth and Ghost are coming with.

Hell yes. I think the Brick used to be Club 3 Degrees, or whatever that christian dance club was called that is sort of by what used to be the Quest.

MPF
02-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Hell yes. I think the Brick used to be Club 3 Degrees, or whatever that christian dance club was called that is sort of by what used to be the Quest.

Interesting. I did a show there once. I should know exactly where that is.

Also the only problem I have so far is that, Only 93X has said anything about it. It's on their website, but no other information, other then the date. I asked the club about it and no response.

MPF
02-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Its official, or at least I'm breaking the news, they WILL be in Minnesota May 7th at The Brick.

Tickets will be spendy, and 93X said since Opeth and Ghost is not apart of their music playlist, they will not be mentioned in the Radio promos.

Cross Face Chicken Wing
02-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Its official, or at least I'm breaking the news, they WILL be in Minnesota May 7th at The Brick.

Tickets will be spendy, and 93X said since Opeth and Ghost is not apart of their music playlist, they will not be mentioned in the Radio promos.

Any idea which band is headlining?

MPF
02-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Any idea which band is headlining?

Mastodon without question. 93x probably wouldn't even mention the show if it was any other way.

TonyD
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
They already posted which band is headlining when the dates came out.

detuned
02-20-2012, 11:15 AM
do you think MPF would have made multiple posts on this last page, at first questioning, and then confirming the show, if it was announced when the dates first came out?

TonyD
02-20-2012, 12:03 PM
do you think MPF would have made multiple posts on this last page, at first questioning, and then confirming the show, if it was announced when the dates first came out?

Why no, excuse me for not following and memorizing this 30+ page thread to your liking. Let me read through your other 221 insightful posts on this board.

detuned
02-20-2012, 12:16 PM
yes because actually reading and comprehending posts youre replying to requires reading an entire thread

MPF
02-20-2012, 03:03 PM
They already posted which band is headlining when the dates came out.

I get that. But this was just announced a couple weeks ago on our local radio station, but nothing from any of the bands nor the actual venue.

I had to research it and this is a last minute show because the time fit in for it.

MPF
02-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Tickets go on sale in Minnesota on Friday, $29.50

https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV2.html?wr=b54f45ae-bbbd-4b6d-807d-104fee6b845f&skin=brickmn

MPF
02-23-2012, 02:10 AM
I made a couple emails tonight regarding this tour. If anything happens with those emails I will let you guys know first.

I think I have a very good chance of making something awesome happen.

TonyD
02-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Subway for everyone?

detuned
03-29-2012, 06:12 AM
opeth setlists from this past week in mexico and south america. probably indicative of what they will be playing on heritage hunter since they run almost back to back.

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel the Dark
Face of Melinda
Slither
Windowpane
To Rid the Disease
Burden
The Lines in My Hand
Folklore
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel the Dark
Face of Melinda
Slither
Credence
To Rid the Disease
Folklore
Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel the Dark
Burden
Slither
Harvest
Windowpane
The Lines in My Hand
Folklore
The Drapery Falls
The Grand Conjuration
Deliverance
The Lotus Eater

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel the Dark
Face of Melinda
Slither
Credence
To Rid the Disease
The Lines in My Hand
Folklore
Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance

TonyD
03-29-2012, 11:56 AM
For some reason I'm having a hard time getting excited to see both bands since I've seen them both multiple times, I've already seen Mastodon on the Hunter tour, I'm not too hot on Opeth's new album and I don't really like Ghost at all. Still hoping it will be fun when it comes around.

detuned
04-03-2012, 09:19 AM
mastodon just sent out an email with approximate set times for them and opeth. as expected, 70 minutes each.

04/04 Portland, ME State Theater
Headliner: Mastodon 9:50-11:00pm / Support: Opeth 8:20-9:30pm

04/05 Boston, MA Orpheum Theater
Headliner: Opeth 9:50-11:00pm/ Support: Mastodon 8:20-9:30pm

04/06 Montreal, QC Metropolis
Headliner: Opeth 9:50-11:00pm / Support: Mastodon 8:20-9:30pm

04/07 Toronto, ON Sony Centre
Headliner: Opeth 9:50-11:00pm/ Support: Mastodon 8:20-9:30pm

04/09 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory

04/10 Wallingford, CT The Dome

04/11 New York, NY Roseland Ballroom
Headliner: Mastodon 9:20-10:30pm / Support: Opeth 7:50-9:00pm

04/13 Chicago, IL Riviera Theatre
Headliner: Mastodon 9:40-10:50pm / Support: Opeth 8:00-9:10pm

04/14 Grand Rapids, MI The Intersection
Headliner: Mastodon 10:20-11:30pm / Support: Opeth 8:50-10pm

04/15 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE

04/16 Knoxville, TN TN Theater
Headliner: Mastodon 9:50-11pm / Support: Opeth 8:20-9:30pm

04/18 Oklahoma City, OK Diamond Ballroom
Headliner: Mastodon 9:50-11pm / Support: Opeth 8:20-9:30pm

04/19 Dallas, TX Palladium Ballroom

04/20 San Antonio, TX Back Stage Live
Headliner: Opeth 10:20-11:30pm / Support: Mastodon 8:50-10:00pm

04/21 Corpus Christi, TX Concrete Street

04/23 Denver, CO Fillmore Auditorium

04/25 Las Vegas, NV House of Blues
Headliner: Mastodon 8:50-10:00pm / Support: Opeth 7:20-8:30pm

04/26 Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amphitheatre
Headliner: Opeth 10:35-11:35pm / Support: Mastodon 9:05-10:15pm

04/27 Oakland, CA Fox Theatre
Headliner: Opeth 10:20-11:30pm / Support: Mastodon 9:05-10:15pm

04/28 Reno, NV Grand Sierra Resort
Headliner: Mastodon 10:20-11:30pm / Support: Opeth 8:50-10:00pm

04/30 Seattle, WA The Paramount
Headliner: Opeth 9:20-10:30pm / Support: Mastodon 7:50-9:00pm

05/01 Vancouver, BC Orpheum Theatre
Headliner: Opeth 9:20-10:30pm / Support: Mastodon 7:50-9:00pm

05/03 Edmonton, AB Edmonton Events Center

05/04 Calgary, AB MacEwan Hall

05/05 Saskatoon, SK The Odeon
Headliner: Mastodon 8:50-10:00pm / Support: Opeth 8:00-8:30pm

05/06 Winnipeg, MB Burton Cummings Theatre

05/07 Minneapolis, MN The Brick

05/09 Silver Spring, MD The Fillmore

05/10 Charlotte, NC The Fillmore
Headliner: Mastodon 9:50-11:00pm / Support: Mastodon 8:20-9:30pm

05/11 Myrtle Beach, SC House of Blues

05/12 Atlanta, GA Masquerade Music Park
Headliner: Mastodon 9:20-10:30pm / Support: Opeth 7:50-9:00pm

Maideneer
04-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks, most helpful. Glad to be leaving NYC by 9.

Solarian13
04-03-2012, 10:22 AM
05/05 Saskatoon, SK The Odeon
Headliner: Mastodon 8:50-10:00pm / Support: Opeth 8:00-8:30pm

I assume that 8:00 to 8:30 is actually Ghost's set. Wouldn't make much sense (especially for a Saturday night) for Opeth to only play half an hour, and the for the whole show to be done by 10:00. This is the only show on the tour that has this weird set time, so I assume they made a mistake while typing this up.

I'll be out-of-province at the time and will be missing this show (just saw Opeth in October anyway), so I don't personally care. But if that turned out to be the actual set times a lot of people are gonna be quite upset.

dcmetal108
04-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Wouldn't that mean Opeth could play like 3 songs haha.

makethemsuffer12
04-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks, most helpful. Glad to be leaving NYC by 9.

:hmm:

AnataFan4Life
04-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm guessing they made a typo on the NC date too by listing Mastodon twice.

Maideneer
04-03-2012, 06:51 PM
:hmm:

Eh Mastodon...boring

electrocute1031
04-03-2012, 07:09 PM
stoked for all three bands. Thursday can't come fast enough.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Ah, man. I understand the reasoning behind the hour and ten minute set lists, but Opeth is only gonna be able to play 7 or 8 songs in that time.

detuned
04-03-2012, 07:36 PM
they can maybe squeeze 10 songs in if they axe deliverance and another of the 10 minute songs from the setlists of the past week. 9 is probably more realistic though.

detuned
04-04-2012, 10:13 PM
MASTODON (10:00-11:20)

Black Tongue
Hand Of Stone
Crystal Skull
Capillarian Crest
Dry Bone Valley
Thickening
Octopus Has No Friends
Blasteroid
Stargasm
The Hunter
Crack The Skye
All The Heavy Lifting
Spectrelight
Curl Of The Burl
Bedazzled Fingernails
Aqua Dementia
Blood And Thunder
Creature Lives

OPETH (8:20-9:35)

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel The Dark
Windowpane
Slither
Burden
The Lines In My Hand
Folklore
The Grand Conjuration
Deliverance

GHOST (7:30-8:00)

Con Clavi Con Dio
Elizabeth
Prime Mover
Death Knell
Satan Prayer (extended)
Ritual

OraclesofAgony
04-04-2012, 11:00 PM
they can maybe squeeze 10 songs in if they axe deliverance and another of the 10 minute songs from the setlists of the past week. 9 is probably more realistic though.

Hell no! That's the highlight of the setlist.

anomynous
05-07-2012, 07:50 PM
So Mikael Akerfeldt was rushed to the hospital.....

TonyD
05-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Da fuck

Northern_Shaman
05-07-2012, 08:12 PM
So Mikael Akerfeldt was rushed to the hospital.....

These are the kind of things you post sources for.

Wonder what happened though... Hope he's alright!

AnataFan4Life
05-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Apparently he broke his arm in a car accident =/

RAZOR
05-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Oooh shit. :snivel:

AnataFan4Life
05-07-2012, 08:23 PM
At least Mikael is OK. That's most important.

MPF
05-07-2012, 08:27 PM
It's all true sadly :( Opeth's off the tour. Sadly it had to be the Minnesota show no less.

But Mikael and Co. will be back later in the year.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
05-07-2012, 08:41 PM
....you've got to be kidding me. Please bear with me as I sort through my childish reaction: Fuck! The tour was hitting Atlanta Saturday! I've been looking forward to this for months. It was going to be my way of celebrating my 21st birthday! This sucks...

Ahem, now that that's out of the way: that really does suck, but obviously it isn't Mikael's fault. What a huge bummer, I hope he's okay,

Edit: are you sure they're off the tour? I googled every possible combination I could think of, and only came up with this article
http://spak-individualthoughtpatterns.blogspot.com/2012/05/opeth-unconfirmed-opeth-singer-broken.html that states they won't be playing tonight. Theoretically Mikael could just sing, and have one of the other guys take over on lead.

AnataFan4Life
05-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Glad I at least got to see them in October. Hopefully I can catch them again when they return.

So is this basically an evening with Mastodon now?

AnataFan4Life
05-07-2012, 08:55 PM
are you sure they're off the tour? I googled every possible combination I could think of, and only came up with this article
http://spak-individualthoughtpatterns.blogspot.com/2012/05/opeth-unconfirmed-opeth-singer-broken.html that states they won't be playing tonight. Theoretically Mikael could just sing, and have one of the other guys take over on lead.

I doubt they could find a replacement guitarist at such short notice. Mikael does most of the lead guitar if I assume correctly. Since the tour is almost over anyways, they will probably just end here.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
05-07-2012, 08:58 PM
You assume correctly, I'm just trying not to face the inevitable truth that this is the end of the tour for them. I would guess Frederik knows some of the leads.

slapguitarer
05-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Glad I at least got to see them in October. Hopefully I can catch them again when they return.

So is this basically an evening with Mastodon now?

No, Ghost is still opening.

AnataFan4Life
05-07-2012, 09:03 PM
No, Ghost is still opening.

I almost forgot about that =P. But does this mean Mastodon will get an extended set for the remaining dates?

InFlamesOfBirchmen
05-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I don't know what else they could play. They're doing almost all of The Hunter in its entirety, with 5 or 6 songs from the other albums sprinkled throughout.

AnataFan4Life
05-07-2012, 09:07 PM
I don't know what else they could play. They're doing almost all of The Hunter in its entirety, with 5 or 6 songs from the other albums sprinkled throughout.

Maybe they will have time to actually play some old songs now.

MPF
05-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Reliable Source:

Tonight's Opeth set at Myth in Minnesota has been canceled. The band's tour manager has just informed the crowd that Mikael Akerfeldt was in a reported car accident of sorts and has been hospitalized with a broken arm. Akerfeldt is said to be doing fine and expected to return to the tour shortly. Both Ghost and Mastodon will play extended sets to fill in. Further details will be posted as they become available.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
05-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Maybe they will have time to actually play some old songs now.

^ Hearts Alive FTW!

slapguitarer
05-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Aren't Ghost already playing all of Opus Eponymous? What else could they pull out besides the Beatles cover?

InFlamesOfBirchmen
05-07-2012, 09:20 PM
There are three or four songs they're leaving off. Either way, the album is only 40 minutes long.

MPF
Aren't Ghost already playing all of Opus Eponymous? What else could they pull out besides the Beatles cover?

They aren't playing the whole thing live, they are leaving out a couple songs, so yeah guess what's going to be added? :tongue:

IrritatedTrout
Extended Masto set in DC please!!! Hope Mikael gets better though.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Opeth vocalist rumored to have concussion/stitches from fall, not broke arm. He'll be back in a few days...

MPF
05-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Opeth vocalist rumored to have concussion/stitches from fall, not broke arm. He'll be back in a few days...

He's already out of the hospital and back on the road, he should be all better by the DC date.

*Being about 25 minutes from the venue helps to get some good inside info.*

Well according to the story, he did have a....

*takes off sunglasses*

Demon, of a Fall

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

IrritatedTrout
05-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Mastodon setlist?

I really hope he gets better, but I really hope he takes the 9th off in order to get better.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
05-08-2012, 07:39 AM
He's already out of the hospital and back on the road, he should be all better by the DC date.

*Being about 25 minutes from the venue helps to get some good inside info.*

*takes off sunglasses*

Demon, of a Fall

Someone on Blabbermouth commented that they're glad it didn't end in a Bloodbath :lol:

detuned
05-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Many have already learned that yesterday’s performances at The Myth In St Paul had to be cancelled due to Mikael having an accident.

Right before stage time Mike bumped his head on the tour bus which resulted in a pretty deep cut that required urgent medical attention. Mike was taken to hospital which he left a little later with eight stitches and a nasty headache. He’s doing OK now and we expect him to be up and running (though slightly slower) again for tomorrow’s show and onwards.

Mike & the band were very disappointed not being able to play yesterday but thank everyone for their understanding and for the tons of get-well-wishes Mike has received since.

The band also thanks their friends in Mastodon for playing an extended set that hopefully kept all who attended happy.

https://www.facebook.com/Opeth/posts/10150932953393410

larvtard
05-08-2012, 09:38 AM

*takes off sunglasses*

Demon, of a Fall

:lovedup::lovedup: