We Bow in it's Aura
Wounds
It's Not Safe to Swim Today

x-voltage
01-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Chaos Reigns!!! That song would be brutal live

xStructualDefect
01-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Pretty sure I'm gonna skip this now. Didn't really like In Waves and the last 2 In Flames albums. Nice to see Swim though. Haven't seen that on their set in awhile. I still want to go but I don't want to pay $38 for sets I'm not digging.

maidenpriest
01-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Glad I didn't buy a ticket lol

Epidemic Reign
01-12-2012, 11:56 PM
:barf:

MPF
01-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I don't normally join the hate train, but if I have to miss this tour, I'm not going to be disappointed.

hellawaits77ny
01-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Wow, that Trivium set is short. I thought this was a co-headline? Don't know much about In Flames, so maybe they have shorter songs?

Still might go to this, as my friend will pay for my ticket if I pay for his Terror ticket. Save myself $20.

jd091
01-13-2012, 01:07 AM
You think Veil of Maya would get sick of playing the same 7 or so songs every concert for almost 2 years now, right? Wrong. :tp: I mean, I fucking love all those songs, but you can only see them so many times. Sucks, since there's some fantastic songs off of Id that never get played.

Also that Trivium set could be a lot better. Not unhappy that I'll be missing this.

treghet
01-13-2012, 01:21 AM
You think Veil of Maya would get sick of playing the same 7 or so songs every concert for almost 2 years now, right? Wrong. :tp: I mean, I fucking love all those songs, but you can only see them so many times. Sucks, since there's some fantastic songs off of Id that never get played.

I think I've seen them three times now, and it felt like I watched the same exact show three times. :lol:

hellawaits77ny
01-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Also that Trivium set could be a lot better. Not unhappy that I'll be missing this.

Yeah, for sure. 6 out of 11 (counting the intro) are from In Waves.

mastodon421
01-13-2012, 04:18 AM
In Flames is great live no matter what they play, but that set is pretty lame. I'm glad that I didn't get tickets. This might be the only time I say this... thank god for Trivium being there (otherwise I probably would have went)..

stevepwn
01-13-2012, 04:22 AM
fuckin shitty setlist IN FLAMES, skipping this if they don't change it up

brutal_descent
01-13-2012, 04:26 AM
fuckin shitty setlist IN FLAMES, skipping this if they don't change it up

Oh, no! What will they do without you? :tp:

VoidFlame
01-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Too bad, I was hoping for a more decent set from In Flames. Cool they brought back "Swim", but that set is way too short and has no pre-Clayman songs (except The Hive, but they played the 3 last time they came here...). Also, those two opening bands are lame...

VoidFlame
01-13-2012, 06:53 AM
They played "Colony" during the european tour, I hope they bring that one back...

DementedX14
01-13-2012, 07:19 AM
They played "Colony" during the european tour, I hope they bring that one back...

I agree just that song will do it for me. They really need to take the Hive out and put anything else from Whoracle or Jester Race. Other than that, I can't wait for the Chicago show since it is the last tour date and hopefully they do something special.

tenchimyo
01-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Damn, thats a very new stuff heavy In Flames set... planning on seeing them on Saturday-will need to brush up on the last few albums... No Pinball map? WTF

street_burial
01-13-2012, 07:58 AM
TRIVIUM
Capsizing the Sea (Intro)
In Waves
Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr
Black
Forsake Not the Dream
Departure
Built to Fall
Like Light to the Flies
Chaos Reigns
Down From the Sky
Throes of Perdition

god. fucking. dammit.
Well it's a good thing i won the tickets.

Dextrimental
01-13-2012, 08:18 AM
I like that Trivium set, it's all good songs! Only problem is its too short.

dcmetal108
01-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Trivium setlist is decent yet short but has WAY too much from In Waves on it.

And I agree with JD about Veil Of Maya. That's pretty much the same set from their headlining tour a few months ago.

Maideneer
01-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Still gonna go, I love In Flames no matter what.

AnthG
01-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Good thing i'm skipping this. I don't even need them to play exclusively older stuff. If they played the entire Soundtrack to your escape album and nothing else i'd still like that more than this set.

stevepwn
01-13-2012, 09:26 AM
add system and pinball map and something off jester race adn ill goo

VoidFlame
01-13-2012, 09:41 AM
add system and pinball map and something off jester race adn ill goo

Yeah! When I saw them for the first time, they played these 2 songs + Dead God In Me with parts of The Jester Race and Behind Space. They even played Sattelites and Astronauts... In Flames need to get their shit together again.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
01-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Yeah! When I saw them for the first time, they played these 2 songs + Dead God In Me with parts of The Jester Race and Behind Space. They even played Sattelites and Astronauts... In Flames need to get their shit together again.

The first time I heard Sattelites and Astronauts, I had to play it again....I just couldn't believe that somebody managed to use the word 'silly' in a metal song. Actually, it made the song even better.

Seriously though, more Clayman stuff, please.

Travis The Dragon
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I absolutely love the new album so it will be great to see all those songs performed live! Also, it looks like Alias is in there as well: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2012/the-rave-milwaukee-wi-4bd1673e.html

xStructualDefect
01-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Also, it looks like Alias is in there as well

Geez just when I thought the set couldn't get worse. Alias is probably one of In Flames worst songs. And I'm not even a fan who hates everything after Clayman. I like some of Reroute and Soundtrack, and even like Come Clarity as a whole, but this set is just bad.

makethemsuffer12
01-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Meh. I'll still try to go, mainly to finally hear "Departure" live. And I haven't seen Trivium in a small venue since '09.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
01-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't care for Soundtrack to Your Escape at all? :eyes: The Quiet Place is one of my favorite songs, but other than that, the album just doesn't hold up for me.

Maideneer
01-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Alias is probably one of In Flames worst songs.

?????!!!!!!!!!!!! Say what now?! I can't believe I just read that. It's one of the closest links to the old stuff they have, especially that middle part.

xStructualDefect
01-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't care for Soundtrack to Your Escape at all? :eyes: The Quiet Place is one of my favorite songs, but other than that, the album just doesn't hold up for me.

Same here. I like The Quiet Place and Dead Alone a lot, My Sweet Shadow is alright, but the rest of the album doesn't do anything for me.

zerkz
01-13-2012, 03:43 PM
It's sort of depressing seeing 6 songs from the new album and three from ASOP, but nothing to represent colony.

It's just one song slot. ONE SLOT.

Also, lets trade out the hive for episode 666 or jotun. It's been in the setlist as "that old song" for the past 4 years or so.

adamclark52
01-13-2012, 04:57 PM
I feel so fortunate to have seen In Flames in 1999.

stevepwn
01-13-2012, 05:14 PM
this is the worst setlist i could have imagined :( im soo bummed lol

AnthG
01-13-2012, 06:29 PM

I don't think you are at all. Most of the metal-related message boards i've been on since that album came out has the common consensus that anything after Clayman blows. I thought I was one of only 5 people who'll admit to liking that album on the internet.

hellawaits77ny
01-13-2012, 07:34 PM
god. fucking. dammit.
Well it's a good thing i won the tickets.

:lol:

Similar boat for me. Only reason I might go to this is my friend is paying for my ticket. Even if Trivium's set was amazing, I'd never pay $40 to see them. Not much of an In Flames fan, so that doesn't help.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
01-13-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't think you are at all. Most of the metal-related message boards i've been on since that album came out has the common consensus that anything after Clayman blows. I thought I was one of only 5 people who'll admit to liking that album on the internet.

I knew about all the post-Clayman hate, but the few boards I've been on seem to like STYE. I just can't get into it. I'll be honest, I like the new album, and I enjoyed A Sense of Purpose.

With that said, I don't feel as bad for skipping this tour. All the non-SOAPF songs are ones I've seen live before.

HugeRockStar
01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
meh, judging from that set I think this will be the first time I skip an In Flames gig since I started going to see them around Clayman era. Same shit all the time, and pretty short compared to their regular headlining sets. Plus the openers suck.