PDA

View Full Version : Kreator Begins Recording New Album

BloodoftheKings
01-09-2012, 07:05 AM
German thrash metal veterans KREATOR have entered Studiomega in Varberg, Sweden with producer Jens Bogren (OPETH, AMON AMARTH, PARADISE LOST) to begin recording their new album for a late spring 2012 release.

When asked about the musical direction of KREATOR's new material, the band's guitarist/vocalist Miland "Mille" Petrozza stated in a recent interview, "The songs are coming along great and I think it's OK to say that this will be our most epic album so far. There's some classical, a lot of traditional metal, and, of course, a huge dose of thrash metal influences in the new stuff. Everyone in the band is very excited at this point. The demos sound killer so far. We have about 10 songs we're working on so far.

Regarding the lyrical and visual concept for the forthcoming CD, Petrozza said, "It's too early to talk about the lyrics yet; many are written, but they keep changing all the time. Visually, we have tapped Wes Benscoter [BLACK SABBATH, DIO, SLAYER, CATTLE DECAPITATION, BLOODBATH] for the cover art. I can tell you this much: The artwork will be insane!"

In an interview with Aftonbladet journalist Mattias Kling, Petrozza stated about KREATOR's collaboration with Jens Bogren, "He's really good; I like him. I like the sounds that he gets. And I think the combination — Jens Bogren and KREATOR — it will be pretty heavy."

On the topic of how the new material is different from KREATOR's previous output, Mille said, "It's always a little hard for me to talk about music has been written but is not released yet. It will definitely have all the KREATOR trademarks. The lyrics will talk about nowadays stuff, as usual, so it will be like a photography of the year 2012. Also the lyrics will deal a lot of things that are actually happening at this point in time. It will be like reading a newspaper or something [laughs], with all the stuff happening. And, of course, the music will be typical KREATOR, and we also wanna expand the sound and progress as musicians. I mean, this lineup has been the strongest lineup KREATOR ever had since ten years, and now I think we're ready to come out with an album that blows everyone away."

KREATOR is:

Miland "Mille" Petrozza – Vocals, Guitrar
Sami Yli-Sirniö - Guitar
Christian "Speesy" Giesler - Bass
Jürgen "Ventor" Reil - Drums

Source (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168027)

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 07:08 AM
I think "stories" like this are pretty silly. When a band starts writing, starts recording, finishes recording, goes to mixing, bla bla bla doesn't matter. They're just non-stories put out by "news" sources because they don't have anything else to talk about. The only things that matter are when can we hear something, and when is it out?

It's a bit different when it's something like the Black Sabbath thing, where they haven't made an album together in over 30 years, so the start of that process is major news. But when it's a band who record a new album every time a tour ends, is just non-information.

BloodoftheKings
01-09-2012, 07:09 AM
I think "stories" like this are pretty silly. When a band starts writing, starts recording, finishes recording, goes to mixing, bla bla bla doesn't matter. The only things that are matter are when can we hear something, and when is it out?

I'd think a new Kreator album coming out in May/June is worthy of having a thread.

GarageMetal468
01-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Hm... Hordes of Chaos wasn't very good, and judging from the lyrical themes, I can't say I have high expectations for this album. I guess I'll have to see when it's out.

Nickweiser
01-09-2012, 09:37 AM
i musta been one of the few that totally loved hordes of chaos. This guy excites for NEW Kreator

Spiner202
01-09-2012, 11:01 AM
i musta been one of the few that totally loved hordes of chaos. This guy excites for NEW Kreator

I'm with you. Hordes of Chaos was great and I'm looking forward to this one as well.

John The Drummer
01-09-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm stoked for a new Kreator album, I love all of their material (even the weird more radio friendly 90s material they did) so this should kick ass!

VoidFlame
04-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Trailer for the title track "Phantom Antichrist": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gflKUjo716s

SomewhereInTime72
04-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Sounds great to me. Hordes of Chaos was fantastic, better than Enemy Of God. Jus sayin.

Sepultura69
04-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Hm... Hordes of Chaos wasn't very good

I agree. Hordes of Chaos sucked. Easily the worst segments of the show when I saw them in 2009. Serious buzzkill. :flame:

But, they did play riot of violence which made up for everything :demonwing:

ravenheart
04-08-2012, 04:27 AM
Hordes of Chaos sucked :lol: You guys are hilarious.

Spiner202
04-08-2012, 04:58 AM
Hordes of Chaos is Kreator's second best album, and number one isn't Pleasure to Kill :D

treghet
04-08-2012, 05:03 AM
Hordes of Chaos is Kreator's second best album, and number one isn't Pleasure to Kill :D

Wrong, please try again.

makethemsuffer12
04-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Hordes of Chaos sucked :lol: You guys are hilarious.

You really can be a chode sometimes.

El Gordo
04-08-2012, 06:23 AM
You really can be a chode sometimes.

A chode who is absolutely correct, maybe.

ravenheart
04-08-2012, 06:46 AM

I've never really ranked them, but absolutely agree with that second part.

GarageMetal468
04-08-2012, 07:19 AM

Oh really? And what is number one?

Sepultura69
04-08-2012, 07:22 AM

Outcast ;)

Solarian13
04-08-2012, 08:07 AM
I have to admit I'm surprised by all the hate for Hordes of Chaos, it's easily one of my favorite Kreator albums, and I actually prefer it to a lot of their old stuff :eyes: But then again with a few exceptions (Kreator being one of them) I just don't like straight up thrash metal at all, so although I do greatly enjoy their first few albums, an album like Hordes is still every bit as enjoyable for me.

Spiner202
04-08-2012, 08:22 AM

Extreme Aggression is definitely my favourite. I'm probably biased because it was the first album of theirs that I had for a long time.

GarageMetal468
04-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Extreme Aggression is definitely my favourite. I'm probably biased because it was the first album of theirs that I had for a long time.

Acceptable! Extreme Aggression is really fucking good, one of my favorites as well. But Hordes of Chaos is just a wimpy album.

Sepultura69
04-08-2012, 10:17 AM

You're not alone. Pleasure to kill is not my first either, even though it was my first Kreator album.

For me, my favorite would have to be Endless Pain. I just love the gritty production on that record. Holds a lot of Classics. I wish they would have played more stuff off that album when I saw them during the Whores of Chaos Tour.

John The Drummer
04-08-2012, 10:50 AM
OH JEEZE KREATOR ARGUEMENTS!!!!

Hordes of Chaos definitely wasn't their best, but it had some rad tracks on it and made it a very fun listen, IMO... but I prefer Enemy of God over it, if those are the two we are comparing ATM.

I'd like to see everyones opinions on those 90s "rockish" albums that they released. Personally, I enjoyed them, and Endorama is one of my favorite Kreator releases!

*runs and hides*

treghet
04-08-2012, 02:27 PM
I'd like to see everyones opinions on those 90s "rockish" albums that they released. Personally, I enjoyed them, and Endorama is one of my favorite Kreator releases!

*runs and hides*

Those albums aren't nearly as bad as what every other thrash band was doing in the '90s. I actually enjoy a few songs.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Hordes of Chaos definitely wasn't their best, but it had some rad tracks on it and made it a very fun listen, IMO... but I prefer Enemy of God over it, if those are the two we are comparing ATM.

This.

And Violent Revolution is better than either, but I think all have some good to great tracks on them. To be honest, I didn't listen to Kreator in the 80's and didn't really start liking them until I heard VR in 2001.

VoidFlame
04-26-2012, 06:35 AM
New song: Phantom Antichrist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeDqeWtUH9M&feature=player_embedded)

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
04-26-2012, 08:22 PM
New song is definitely sick.

Onioner
04-26-2012, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiUrXfGOznE

Their cover of Number of the Beast. It definitely sounds like Kreator tried to make it their own, but I don't know if I like it a whole lot quite yet...

SomewhereInTime72
04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiUrXfGOznE

Their cover of Number of the Beast. It definitely sounds like Kreator tried to make it their own, but I don't know if I like it a whole lot quite yet...

Wow. Bizarre song choice with unexpectedly good results. Honestly, it doesn't compare to the original but this is probably the best cover of the song I've ever heard. They do the original justice without letting it just be a stale replica at the same time. Reminds me of a not-nearly-as-epic version of Death covering Painkiller.

treghet
04-26-2012, 08:47 PM
The title track is decent, but nothing really impressive.

ravenheart
04-27-2012, 02:03 AM
The title track is decent, but nothing really impressive.

There's better stuff on the album.