01-08-2012, 01:08 PM
:party:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/175600

SomewhereInTime72
01-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I am cool with this.

MPF
01-08-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm kinda surprised by this. Mathoes made it sound in past interviews that Adler was way too busy to be in Fates Warning anymore.

I can't wait to hear this!

ravenheart
01-08-2012, 02:25 PM
This isn't news.

Will still probably be one of the best prog albums of the year though.

MPF
01-08-2012, 02:29 PM
This isn't news.

Will still probably be one of the best prog albums of the year though.

It kinda is, for the reason I gave above. Mathoes was making it sound like there was no more Fates Warning albums. Ray was too busy, and made it sound as though there was a lot of tension in the band.

But this is just reassurance. so I'm happy.

Maidenmagic
01-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Matheos had said that he was going to work on a new Fates album after he did the interviews for Arch/Matheos. Hopefully it's better than Fwx, which I consider to be their weakest, but it probably deserves another listen. The main thing this album has against it is Alder. It's evident that he has trouble singing now so I think this will put some limitations on the music. But they'll probably find a way to make his new voice work. I think I'll buy the Inside out re-issue. That will be the first time I'll buy an album I already have but if there's a DVD (which I think they've confirmed on their site) then it should be worth the money.

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 02:55 AM
It kinda is, for the reason I gave above. Mathoes was making it sound like there was no more Fates Warning albums. Ray was too busy, and made it sound as though there was a lot of tension in the band.

But this is just reassurance. so I'm happy.

They said they'd be making a new album in 2012 months ago. You musta missed it.

Several of us named it in the "looking forward to in 2012" thread.

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Matheos had said that he was going to work on a new Fates album after he did the interviews for Arch/Matheos. Hopefully it's better than Fwx, which I consider to be their weakest, but it probably deserves another listen. The main thing this album has against it is Alder. It's evident that he has trouble singing now so I think this will put some limitations on the music. But they'll probably find a way to make his new voice work. I think I'll buy the Inside out re-issue. That will be the first time I'll buy an album I already have but if there's a DVD (which I think they've confirmed on their site) then it should be worth the money.

Well, see what the quality is like first. Frankly the bonus material on all of their re-issues so far has been total shit.

MPF
01-09-2012, 03:07 AM
They said they'd be making a new album in 2012 months ago. You musta missed it.

Several of us named it in the "looking forward to in 2012" thread.

No I didn't miss it. I thought it was put on hold or called off because of tension between Adler and Matheos.

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 03:24 AM
Not that I was aware. They've made every Fates album with tension between those two :lol:

MPF
01-09-2012, 03:26 AM
Not that I was aware. They've made every Fates album with tension between those two :lol:

This is the interview I was referring to. Took a while to find it:

http://www.metalunderground.com/interviews/details.cfm?newsid=72770

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 03:57 AM
That didn't really say much at all, just that Ray didn't want to do the Sympathetic Resonance album at that time.

I wouldn't read much into it.

Maidenmagic
01-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Well, see what the quality is like first. Frankly the bonus material on all of their re-issues so far has been total shit.

I think the DVDS have been interesting, especially the one on Awaken the Guardian. Only footage of that lineup know to exist. Plus it's Arch. The No exit DVD tour documentary shows how hard it was for the band to travel to show to show. Perrfect Symmetry is loaded with live stuff and the Parallels documentary is really comprehensive. (75 mins I think.) The demos and live material are one time listens though.

MetalIsArt
01-09-2012, 06:37 AM
I only have the FWX album and it's terrible, but they told me that I picked the wrong one to start ;)

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 07:00 AM
I only have the FWX album and it's terrible, but they told me that I picked the wrong one to start ;)

There's very little wrong with FWX. But yes, other albums are more obvious starting points :p

Maidenmagic
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM

In my opion, their best albums are A pleasant shade of gray, The Spectre Within (Defines Heavy metal. Maybe the greatest heavy metal album of all time) and Parallels. But of course you could just get them in order.

MetalIsArt
01-09-2012, 12:00 PM
;)

maidenpriest
01-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I think No Exit is a great starting point. or Perfect Symmetry. This is great news! :D

SomewhereInTime72
01-09-2012, 06:53 PM

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/DITommyTBone/12330080699125.jpg

es156
01-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Perfect Symmetry is my favorite, but I also love FWX. Great disc, just not as heavy.

Maidenmagic
01-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Really nice to know that there are a lot of Fellow Fates fans out there.

Steev
01-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I feel like one of the members is also working on a record with members of Shadows Fall

MPF
01-10-2012, 12:38 AM
I feel like one of the members is also working on a record with members of Shadows Fall

Yes. Jason Bittner is working with Frank on a Thrash EP that will be released soon.

Steev
01-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Yes. Jason Bittner is working with Frank on a Thrash EP that will be released soon.

I think theyre also doing one with Jon and Matt that's more hard rock oriented

Maidenmagic
01-10-2012, 06:56 AM

I think blabbermouth posted that whole ep or some thrash ep with Frank and it was good.

MPF
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
That's right, but there will be a real release of it soon.

ravenheart
01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Oh look, Europe gets a Fates tour in March and they aren't coming here. Shock.

Frankly, if I'd got the turn-out they got last time they came here, I wouldn't come back either. Prog fans in this country are such losers.

MPF
01-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Oh look, Europe gets a Fates tour in March and they aren't coming here. Shock.

Frankly, if I'd got the turn-out they got last time they came here, I wouldn't come back either. Prog fans in this country are such losers.

You think that's bad. Fates Warning are from here, and they can't even tour here.