Sanctuary
Future Tense
One More Murder
Soldiers of Steel
Termination Force
Veil of Disguise
Long Since Dark
Taste Revenge

Setlist just posted I will review the show later. Killer setlist. Warrel Dane was actually able to hit pretty much every high note. I was very impressed. The band sounded good and his voice seemed pretty much spot on.

Die For My Sins and Sanctuary were highlights for me as I had seen him do Taste Revenge with Nevermore previously. Diamond Plate opened and were well received by the home town crowd.

Ghost in the Ruins is a local Savatage cover band who are worth checking out for anyone in the Chicago area. They used 2 lead singers-one for Jon Oliva and one for Zak Stevens- which I thought worked well. It was fun to see the Savatage songs played live as it had been quite a while since I had the chance to hear most of them live and as a cover band they did the songs justice. I will likely seek out seeing them again in the future.

Sanctuary is worth traveling to see if there is not a show near where you live (and based on them only playing a couple of shows they probably won't be). I'm glad I finally got to see them live as I may never get another chance. I wouldn't have changed a song in the setlist as they played every song I was hoping to hear and I was OK with the few they did not play.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6651406533_400fa0489e.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/49161658@N03/6651406533/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7001/6651407517_7f6318ec8b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/49161658@N03/6651407517/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7011/6651407167_53d60ecc29.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/49161658@N03/6651407167/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7168/6651407695_c33f0226bb.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/49161658@N03/6651407695/)

BloodoftheKings
01-06-2012, 08:21 PM
FORMAT

MPF
01-06-2012, 09:29 PM
FORMAT

Looks fine to me.

Killer Setlist!

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
01-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Long Since Dark
:horns:

No Communion?

BloodoftheKings
01-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Looks fine to me.

It got fixed quickly but it was fucked up when it was first posted.

Onioner
01-07-2012, 02:29 PM
I won't complain if that's the setlist for tonight in LA. I guess Warrel has a thing about playing more than 15 songs for a headline set no matter what band he's in?

GarageMetal468
01-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Ah, beat me to posting this... by a lot! :lol:

The show was awesome! My band Clocktower were actually the first band to play there, I'm guessing you missed us (or thought we sucked and didn't bother to write about it), but either way I felt our performance wasn't the best we've done. But either way, I'm happy we got to play on this show. You may have gotten a demo from me or someone else in the band.

Also, it was great to meet Jasonic, him and the rest of the band are really cool guys! And Ghost In The Ruins were sick! I haven't checked out much Savatage but the performance was awesome! Diamond Plate were... I guess standard Diamond Plate, putting on a fun show. Sanctuary... oh man, AWESOME! I actually met Warrel Dane before they went on, really cool guy. Actually, all the guys in the band were pretty cool. The blonde guitarist kept saying "hey" and "what's up" to me and the rest of my band throughout the night. But yeah, Warrel Dane can indeed still hit those high notes flawlessly! Such a great performance, definitely an amazing first show of the year for me!

dimmudan
01-07-2012, 07:00 PM
I apologize for not mentioning Clocktower. I liked your Coroner cover but did not know the name of the band. FYI I was on the rail I'm front of the bassist and all I could hear was the bass so although I don't play an instrument, I know something about the sound mix was off so I would think adjusting that for your next show would be important. Not sure if it was an equipment thing or sound mix bit either way that would enhance the live experience for the.listener to be able to hear the vocals and guitar too. As a non musician it seemed like you have a pretty capable group and I still enjoyed your band and would look forward to seeing you play agaim in the future.

GarageMetal468
01-07-2012, 10:19 PM
I apologize for not mentioning Clocktower. I liked your Coroner cover but did not know the name of the band. FYI I was on the rail I'm front of the bassist and all I could hear was the bass so although I don't play an instrument, I know something about the sound mix was off so I would think adjusting that for your next show would be important. Not sure if it was an equipment thing or sound mix bit either way that would enhance the live experience for the.listener to be able to hear the vocals and guitar too. As a non musician it seemed like you have a pretty capable group and I still enjoyed your band and would look forward to seeing you play agaim in the future.

Ah it's ok! And yeah, I am the bassist and I agree, I was WAY too fucking loud. If you saw, I was turning down the amp literally after every single song but it did nothing. I then found out today that I should've turned down on the bass itself. I apologize for that, I know it threw a lot of people off! It was definitely the sound mix though since the last 3 shows we played I was almost inaudible. This was only our 4th show ever so we got some stuff to work out. But yeah, I'm glad you enjoyed us, thanks!

Jasonic
01-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Hey, this is Jason from Ghost in the Ruins. Glad you liked the set!
What an amazing evening indeed.
It was great finally meeting Dan and the Clocktower guys. I was doing a lot of running around but did catch a couple songs and it sounded good. I do have the demo and will be listening to it soon!

I agree. The Sanctuary guys were all VERY cool. I was a little worried, as I didn't know what to expect. Completely down to earth and very eager to socialize with the other bands and fans.

That's exactly what I would say about Diamond Plate too. You always know what you are going to get! They wear their influences on their sleeves and there is nothing wrong with that.

To the one who created this thread, you weren't the guy in the Megadeth shirt were you? Just curious who you were. Glad you enjoyed us.

Quick question, as I am trying to remember myself!!! We did Handful of Rain BEFORE Strange Wings? For some reason I thought it was after! It's amazing when you are on stage how quick time goes by!!

dimmudan
01-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Jason, I had a fair amount to drink and wrote in Handful of Rain after I got home from the show so I suspect I put it in the wrong place in the set.

Yes, I was in the Megadeth T-shirt with the Testament hoodie.

I was looking on your facebook and it looks like your next show is on Feb 18 in Crest Hill. Is the time right on the site 1-4 PM? Just clarifying not sure if I can go but I would like to see the band again and it looked like the other bands would be fun to see also.

Let me know and nice job the other night. :rocker:

kalfitegrdan
01-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Oh man, that show was awesome! All the bands were great. I was really disappointed that Sanctuary didn't play Ascension to Destiny though.

jhdeity
01-09-2012, 11:04 PM
:horns:

No Communion?

I thought the same thing. My favorite Sanctuary song probably...

Jasonic
01-10-2012, 06:35 AM
I was looking on your facebook and it looks like your next show is on Feb 18 in Crest Hill. Is the time right on the site 1-4 PM? Just clarifying not sure if I can go but I would like to see the band again and it looked like the other bands would be fun to see also.

Oh, I actually didn't make the FB event.
The Maiden Chicago guys did!!!!

It is a normal evening show. We go on last, so probably not until 11PM or later.

Glad you liked it!

Jasonic
01-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Oh man, that show was awesome! All the bands were great. I was really disappointed that Sanctuary didn't play Ascension to Destiny though.

Thanks, extremely appreciated!
I agree.

As a friend of mine said, EVERY band brought it that night!

And for anyone interested, if I hadn't mentioned it before, please come LIKE us on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/GhostInTheRuinsBand

THANKS!

Beaner666
01-10-2012, 02:46 PM

Sorry if this is off topic, but this is one of the reasons why “on the rail” isn’t always the best place to be. Sure you are close, but in smaller venues you may be TOO close. You may be so close that you are actually getting the raw un-mixed sound directly from the musicians’ stage amps. Sometimes it’s actually better to be a few “rows” back to ensure you are getting the fully mixed sound from the house PA and not the sound from the bands amps.

MPF
01-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Sorry if this is off topic, but this is one of the reasons why “on the rail” isn’t always the best place to be. Sure you are close, but in smaller venues you may be TOO close. You may be so close that you are actually getting the raw un-mixed sound directly from the musicians’ stage amps. Sometimes it’s actually better to be a few “rows” back to ensure you are getting the fully mixed sound from the house PA and not the sound from the bands amps.

You'd think so. But at some places. Mostly for me, station 4 in St. Paul, a few rows from the rail is where all the dumbass moshing happens. so for me it's on the rail or in the back.

Zla Vydra
01-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Looks like exactly the same set they played in Atlanta in September. Are they touring or just playing random shows?

Jasonic
01-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Looks like exactly the same set they played in Atlanta in September. Are they touring or just playing random shows?

Nope, not a tour.

Just Seattle, Joliet, LA, NY, and then a festival in Germany.

Their full length for Century Media will be released later this year.