PDA

View Full Version : 2012 movies.....

Pages : [1] 2

BloodoftheKings
01-06-2012, 05:28 PM
I figured we should have a discussion thread for movies new movies. What are you guys looking forward to seeing this year? I'm dying to see The Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus, and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

Dextrimental
01-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Biggest for me is Prometheus and The Muppets (not out here yet). The Dark Knight Rises I'm sure will wow audiences and I will see it, but I'm not too excited about it.

powerslave_85
01-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Most excited for:
Red Tails
The Avengers
Dark Knight Rises
The Hobbit
Lincoln
World War Z
Brave

DethMaiden
01-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Django Unchained, anyone?

BloodoftheKings
01-06-2012, 05:58 PM
The Avengers
World War Z
Brave

Pretty excited for these too. I have a bad feeling the Avengers won't be as awesome as it should be and it's gonna wind up being only "pretty good". Brave should be awesome since it's a Pixar movie that isn't called Cars.

powerslave_85
01-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Django Unchained, anyone?
I am extremely uncomfortable with Tarantino tackling slavery, but I'm at least intrigued.

DethMaiden
01-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Well, Jews on a revenge mission for the Holocaust killing Hitler wasn't exactly delicate but Basterds ruled hard. So long as he doesn't make the slave master an empowered, sympathetic character, I don't see how this fails.

BloodoftheKings
01-06-2012, 08:14 PM
I was considering seeing The Devil Inside because I want to go to the movies more this year but I'm seeing a shit load of terrible reviews for it. Most of the negative reaction seems to be coming from the ending (a reviewer on /r/horror claimed the ending was so bad everyone in the theater stood up and booed). Even a girl from my school who I would expect to like shitty horror movies made a facebook status about how the movie was shitty and the ending sucked.

dcmetal108
01-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I was considering seeing The Devil Inside because I want to go to the movies more this year but I'm seeing a shit load of terrible reviews for it. Most of the negative reaction seems to be coming from the ending (a reviewer on /r/horror claimed the ending was so bad everyone in the theater stood up and booed). Even a girl from my school who I would expect to like shitty horror movies made a facebook status about how the movie was shitty and the ending sucked.

My family wants to see it but it just doesn't look good and I'm a die hard horror fan and I love horrible horrible movies but it looks like one of those movies that will be 10% interesting stuff and the 90% useless talking.

mastodon421
01-07-2012, 03:45 AM
Off the of my head here's what I am excited to see this year:
Contraband
Underworld: Awakening
Man On A Ledge
Safe House
Wanderlust
21 Jump Street
Wrath of the Titans
American Reunion
The Five-Year Engagement
The Avengers
The Dictator
Men In Black III
Promethus
I Hate You, Dad (I haven't been this excited for an Adam Sandler film in ages, it actually has really good writers!)
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Brave
G.I Joe: Retaliation
Ted
The Dark Knight Rises
The Bourne Legacy
Dog Fight
The Expendables 2
This Is Forty
Hunter Killer
World War Z
Django Unchained

I'm sure there will be plenty more as the year goes on.
edit: forgot about Lincoln, that is going to be amazing.

MetalIsArt
01-07-2012, 04:23 AM
Released in belgium in 2012, mind you:

The Expendables 2
The Iron Lady
The Dark Knight Rises
War Horse
The Loft
Lincoln
Django Unchained
Skyfall
World War Z

I don't look forward to more 3D crap, so I'll check out Spiderman in 2D. Not in the slightest interest in The Hobbit & The Avengers for some reason.

HandOfDoom
01-07-2012, 04:41 AM
2012's all about Dark Knight Rises for me.

MetalIsArt
01-07-2012, 05:05 AM
2012's all about Dark Knight Rises for me.

I have a feeling he'll top TDK, don't know why.

HandOfDoom
01-07-2012, 09:08 AM
I have a feeling he'll top TDK, don't know why.

I'm with you!

MetalIsArt
01-07-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm with you!

Ty ;)

I'm a big Nolanfan (together with Spielberg & Scorcese my favourite director) and think that BB & TDK are the two best superheromovies ever made.

But it's the first time that I got chills from one of his Batman-trailers (with the second one)...

HandOfDoom
01-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Ty ;)

I'm a big Nolanfan (together with Spielberg & Scorcese my favourite director) and think that BB & TDK are the two best superheromovies ever made.

But it's the first time that I got chills from one of his Batman-trailers (with the second one)...

Same man, Momento and The Prestige got me hooked and his Batman trilogy just turned me into Nolanite. Cant describe how pumped I am, Banes my favorite villain, and I'm reeaally digging what Hardy and Nolan are doing with him. I actually got more excited from the teaser, that shot of Bane walking towards a scared shitless Batman is just....:drool: .

brutal_descent
01-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Speaking of Bane, did anyone who played Arkham Asylum (I'm fully aware I'm three years late with this) think that his role/character in the game was completely wasted? Had he been changed into a more intimidating, brutal enemy I bet he could've easily filled the job Killer Croc did, and more. Seeing as how he's one of my favorite Batman villains, I really hope they don't fuck it up.

MetalIsArt
01-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Speaking of Bane, did anyone who played Arkham Asylum (I'm fully aware I'm three years late with this) think that his role/character in the game was completely wasted? Had he been changed into a more intimidating, brutal enemy I bet he could've easily filled the job Killer Croc did, and more. Seeing as how he's one of my favorite Batman villains, I really hope they don't fuck it up.

I haven't played it yet, but you're not the first that claims this...

Bane will awesome, but Cats will be the true "epic win" I think hehe.

dcmetal108
01-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Just saw The Devil Inside

Here's my review :

Review (http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/the-devil-inside-movie-review/)

HandOfDoom
01-09-2012, 04:24 AM

Here's my review :

Review (http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/the-devil-inside-movie-review/)

Damn, was somewhat looking forward to this, I'm still going to see it just to see what everyone's complaining about, and good review :D !

MetalIsArt
01-09-2012, 05:38 AM

Here's my review :

Dis movie looks silleh.

Epidemic Reign
01-09-2012, 05:42 AM
Here (http://ossuary.best-horror-movies.com/m/news/view/39869/The-Devil-Inside-Ending-Revealed-It-Was-the-Best-Way) is an interesting article about how one horror film buff felt that The Devil Inside was great and why the ending was perfectly fitting. Spoilers ahoy.

dcmetal108
01-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Here (http://ossuary.best-horror-movies.com/m/news/view/39869/The-Devil-Inside-Ending-Revealed-It-Was-the-Best-Way) is an interesting article about how one horror film buff felt that The Devil Inside was great and why the ending was perfectly fitting. Spoilers ahoy.

May Contain Mild Spoilers

After reading that I still disagree with it. The story folded out in such a way that you knew what the ending was without exactly knowing how it'd happen but the ending was so quickly done that it felt like a copout almost. The entire theater felt the same way and that's including the 15 year olds that thought they'd go see a scary movie. The end was just poorly done as was the whole "case is still open" thing.

Epidemic Reign
01-09-2012, 12:42 PM
I see. Fortunately I didn't bother with this one :D

This exorcism/possession bandwagon must be stopped.

dcmetal108
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM
The whole mockumentary / shakey cam / horror movie trend must be stopped.

Epidemic Reign
01-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Definitely that too.

dcmetal108
01-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Although the news of Oct having a new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie in 3D and a new Halloween movie in 3D (made by the guy that did the remake for My Bloody Valentine) have me excited. Add in World War Z and Rob Zombies new movie that month and October looks great.

Epidemic Reign
01-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Although the news of Oct having a new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie in 3D and a new Halloween movie in 3D (made by the guy that did the remake for My Bloody Valentine) have me excited. Add in World War Z and Rob Zombies new movie that month and October looks great.

So RZ is not attached to the new Halloween whatsoever? That's very good news imo, and I hope they completely deviate from his involvement with the franchise. That said, I'm interested in The Lords of Salem. Pissed off witches would be a breath of fresh air amidst all the demonic possession films coming out lately.

I don't care for the whole 3D thing, but I've noticed that the new Texas Chainsaw has some credible actors attached to it... most notably Bill Moseley and Gunnar Hansen. And if I remember correctly it's supposed to be a direct sequel to the original, so I can see some potential there.

I don't know much about World War Z. I know it's a book I should probably get ahold of before the movie comes out. Zombies are always fun. Mostly. ;)

dcmetal108
01-09-2012, 04:47 PM
So RZ is not attached to the new Halloween whatsoever? That's very good news imo, and I hope they completely deviate from his involvement with the franchise. That said, I'm interested in The Lords of Salem. Pissed off witches would be a breath of fresh air amidst all the demonic possession films coming out lately.

I don't care for the whole 3D thing, but I've noticed that the new Texas Chainsaw has some credible actors attached to it... most notably Bill Moseley and Gunnar Hansen. And if I remember correctly it's supposed to be a direct sequel to the original, so I can see some potential there.

I don't know much about World War Z. I know it's a book I should probably get ahold of before the movie comes out. Zombies are always fun. Mostly. ;)

Yeah RZ has NOTHING to do with the new Halloween. Apparently it's a remake / new story kinda thing. RZ didn't do Halloween so he could do Lords Of Salem. Speaking of that they cast for LOS is awsome. Most of the cast from Devils Rejects among other well known Horror actors. No details really about Halloween 3D though.

And yea Texas Chainsaw is sorta another vision of a sequel to the original one. No trailer yet but there really hasn't been a bad Texas Chainsaw other than next generation.

I really wonder how 3D will work for these movies though.

MetalIsArt
01-09-2012, 11:39 PM
It'll be used to bring in some extra cash. Like 90% of the other 3D crapfests.

ShatteredFlame
01-10-2012, 07:39 AM
I fucking love the whole horror mockumentary stuff. It has spawned some really interesting movies like The Tunnel, which can almost be believable at times due to them taking a serious government issue and mixing it with horror. I thought Atrocious was scary. Grave Encounters is pretty hilarious, making fun of those ghost hunters type tv shows. Also Paranormal Activity 2 and 3 were very good movies, the story throughout is well done and more thought out than most horror series, and I'm glad that they keep trying something new with the cameras each movie instead of relying on the same thing. They're also 2 of the most fun movies I've ever watched in theaters.

To each his own I guess but I think this trend can actually create something truly terrifying one day.

Epidemic Reign
01-10-2012, 07:52 AM
I fucking love the whole horror mockumentary stuff. It has spawned some really interesting movies like The Tunnel, which can almost be believable at times due to them taking a serious government issue and mixing it with horror. I thought Atrocious was scary. Grave Encounters is pretty hilarious, making fun of those ghost hunters type tv shows. Also Paranormal Activity 2 and 3 were very good movies, the story throughout is well done and more thought out than most horror series, and I'm glad that they keep trying something new with the cameras each movie instead of relying on the same thing. They're also 2 of the most fun movies I've ever watched in theaters.

To each his own I guess but I think this trend can actually create something truly terrifying one day.

Best recent mockumentaries I've seen:

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
Brutal Massacre
Long Pigs
The Hamiltons

All more comedy than horror exceot for The Hamiltons, though these are true "mockumentaries". It's the "found footage" thing that I could do without. Cloverfield was good, but most of the post-Blair Witch stuff that I've seen has been mediocre at best.

Cannibal Holocaust ftw

Epidemic Reign
01-10-2012, 07:56 AM
It'll be used to bring in some extra cash. Like 90% of the other 3D crapfests.

Probably. Although even the best 3D really just doesn't interest me. I try to see everything in 2D when it's available.

dcmetal108
01-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah I mean I'm fine with a mockumentary here or there I HATE the "found footage" type shakey camera deal. That is what truely annoys me.

DementedX14
01-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Here is my top 10 films I am definitely looking forward to:

1. Prometheus
2. The Hobbit
3. Dark Knight Rises
4. The Avengers
5. The Bourne Legacy
6. Skyfall
7. Men in Black III
8. Total Recall
9. World War Z
10. Battleship

Looking way better than 2011 that's for sure.

dcmetal108
01-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Went and saw Contraband today. Actually a really good action type thriller movie.

Review (http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2012/01/15/contraband-movie-review/)

mastodon421
01-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Went and saw Contraband today. Actually a really good action type thriller movie.

Review (http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2012/01/15/contraband-movie-review/)

I also saw Contraband today and enjoyed it quite a bit. Really compelling storyline with a lot of suspense. A solid start to 2012 films.

dcmetal108
01-15-2012, 07:46 AM
I also saw Contraband today and enjoyed it quite a bit. Really compelling storyline with a lot of suspense. A solid start to 2012 films.

Agreed. They played the suspense well too. Didn't try to bore you with tons of bullshit. Also to note the theater was nearly sold out. Didn't expect that either.

Dextrimental
01-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Seen The Sitter last night. Didn't enjoy it at all, far too formulaic for my liking. Thinking of checking out War Horse next weekend!

powerslave_85
01-21-2012, 11:22 AM
I saw Red Tails today and really enjoyed it. Just a fun, old-school war movie.

I've been hearing really good things about Haywire, I might check that out next weekend.

MetalIsArt
01-23-2012, 05:07 AM
I saw Red Tails today and really enjoyed it. Just a fun, old-school war movie.

I've been hearing really good things about Haywire, I might check that out next weekend.

I wanna see Red Tails too. The critics hate it lol.

dcmetal108
02-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Just got back from Safe House. Surprising good movie although a few parts dragged.

dcmetal108
02-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Saw the new Underworld today in 3D. The 3D was actually great in it and the movie was AWESOME!

hellawaits77ny
02-16-2012, 12:33 AM
My GF and I went to see The Woman In Black last night. Wasn't bad.

MPF
02-16-2012, 12:41 AM
I saw Chronicle last week. The trailer made you think it was one kind of movie, then it turned out to be completely different then what I had imagined. WHich is a good thing.

Best review I can give, Cloverfield camera movements, but an actual good movie. Although the last 15 minutes is over the top BEYOND over the top.

hellawaits77ny
02-16-2012, 01:45 AM
I saw Chronicle last week. The trailer made you think it was one kind of movie, then it turned out to be completely different then what I had imagined. WHich is a good thing.

Best review I can give, Cloverfield camera movements, but an actual good movie. Although the last 15 minutes is over the top BEYOND over the top.

Wow. I've seen the trailer 362 times, and hated it every time. How was it different?

EDIT: Just read the synopsis on Wikipedia. I don't see how any person over 17 could like that movie, based on the description - but hey, I could be wrong. And yes, the end sounds really far fetched.

Dextrimental
02-16-2012, 06:59 AM
The Muppets is the best film I have seen in a long time. Amazing. May go see Chronicle soon!

Natrlhi
02-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Here is my top 10 films I am defiantly looking forward to:

1. Prometheus
2. The Hobbit
3. Dark Knight Rises
4. The Avengers
5. The Bourne Legacy
6. Skyfall
7. Men in Black III
8. Total Recall
9. World War Z
10. Battleship

So who are you defying? People who encourage you to look forward to movies outside the sci-fi / action genres?

DementedX14
02-16-2012, 07:41 AM
So who are you defying? People who encourage you to look forward to movies outside the sci-fi / action genres?

Fixed. My bad.:hecho:

Butcher of Birth
02-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Chronicle was not to bad, but it reminded a lot of Revenge of Sith, if that makes any sense.

ShatteredFlame
02-19-2012, 04:36 AM
Chronicle reminded me of a present day/non-futuristic Akira.

SomewhereInTime72
02-19-2012, 07:15 AM
^Interest slightly piqued now.

Dextrimental
02-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Chronicle reminded me of a present day/non-futuristic Akira.

Definitely shadings of it, though it lacks the punch of Akira.

Natrlhi
02-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Chronicle was not to bad, but it reminded a lot of Revenge of Sith, if that makes any sense.Well, maybe from the sense that there's a whole thing about being seduced by a dark power, yes. I could say more but I don't want to ruin the plot.

The way it was filmed, though, is what interested me - and that was nothing like RotS. Granted, similar movies have been made before, but the combination of the way it was filmed and the story which was told - coupled with the fact that the story-telling style made it seem somewhat plausible that something like this could actually be happening somewhere (although obviously it isn't), was what drew me in.

Like I said before, it was no blockbuster, but I liked it well enough. I'd give it a 3 or 3.5 out of 5 stars.

mastodon421
02-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Saw Ghost Rider and Safe House this weekend. Ghost Rider was pretty fucking awful. It makes the first one look like a landmark superhero film. Safe House, on the other hand, was great. Very intense and well-acted action thriller.

BloodoftheKings
02-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Saw Ghost Rider and Safe House this weekend. Ghost Rider was pretty fucking awful. It makes the first one look like a landmark superhero film.

Oh shit. Not that I wasn't gonna see it anyway but I didn't think it would be that bad.

jhdeity
02-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Saw Ghost Rider and Safe House this weekend. Ghost Rider was pretty fucking awful. It makes the first one look like a landmark superhero film. Safe House, on the other hand, was great. Very intense and well-acted action thriller.

I play poker with some brotha's and they all hated Safe House. I was speechless and that's a true feat to accomplish. I thought that movie either must be really, really boring or too cerebral for those guys.

Either way it became destined for redbox after hearing that...

dcmetal108
02-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I really really really want to see Ghost Rider.

MPF
02-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Saw Act of Valor tonight, it was pretty damn intense and badass.

dcmetal108
02-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Saw Act of Valor tonight, it was pretty damn intense and badass.

From every review I've saw of it, everyone said its fucking horrible.

Seventhzealot
02-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Finally saw The Artist yesterday. That was 96 minutes of a good cinematic experience.

illninoese
02-26-2012, 09:05 PM
From every review I've saw of it, everyone said its fucking horrible.

That's what I've been hearing as well. Looks like I'll be waiting for this one to hit Demonoid.

mastodon421
02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Of course a film like Act of Valor is going to get bad reviews. It's an action movie starring Navy Seals (who clearly can't act and that's what all the reviews I've read have been complaining about). The auidence reception, on the other hand, has been really good. I haven't seen it so I can't comment, but I wouldn't let the critics reviews stop you from seeing it.

illninoese
02-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Of course a film like Act of Valor is going to get bad reviews. It's an action movie starring Navy Seals (who clearly can't act and that's what all the reviews I've read have been complaining about). The auidence reception, on the other hand, has been really good. I haven't seen it so I can't comment, but I wouldn't let the critics reviews stop you from seeing it.

The American audience is giving rave reviews to a movie about our own NAVYSeals?!?! Improbable!!!! It seems like it could have made a better documentary from all the trailers and negativity I have read about it instead of trying to transform it into a movie. I feel like you can't take anyone's opinion into account if you are going to see this though. Go in with no preconceived notions and see what happens.

Butcher of Birth
02-29-2012, 03:35 PM
I'll just play Call of Duty instead of seeing that masterclass of ass. Actually I won't because FIFA won't let me.

Butcher of Birth
02-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Finally saw The Artist yesterday. That was 96 minutes of a good cinematic experience.

Saw it for the third time last night, love it!

Seventhzealot
02-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Saw it for the third time last night, love it!

Those accolades were quite well deserved.

Butcher of Birth
02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Those accolades were quite well deserved.

Well not if ask Frankie :lol:

Seventhzealot
02-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Well not if ask Frankie :lol:

Well I can understand why people could think so, because it was a French production and a silent film. It provided something different than the usual fare though so I'm alright with it winning stuff.

AnthG
03-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Kind of late to this thread.

Movies i'm looking forward to:

Dark Knight Rises
Amazing Spiderman
The Avengers
Bourne Legacy
John Carter
Prometheus
Piranha 3DD
World War Z

Best film of the year so far has been Chronicle. Then again the only other ones I've seen are Underworld Awakening and Haywire.

dcmetal108
03-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm really weary on if John Carter will be good.

At first it looked terrible but the more and more I see of it makes it look decent enough.

adamclark52
03-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Not a "new" movie but I saw the Phantom Menace in 3D yesterday. I wasn't too impressed by the 3D effects (I already hated the movie) aside from the part in the podrace scene where Anakin sticks out some magnetic rod to try grab one of his pod engines that had come loose. That was really the only part that jumped out at me. There were a few other little things that looked okay but nothing that was WOW like Avatar (the only other 3D movie I've seen). I had to leave during the final battle to make it to work so maybe some of the explosions at the end were well done too.

I'll join the group who're looking forward to Prometheus.

adamclark52
03-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I also saw the Lorax today. It was surprisingly good. I'm no Dr. Suess fanatic so I can't get into how they may or may not have butchered the story but the animation was good, the 3D was great and the hour and a half flew by.

dcmetal108
03-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Lorax was awesome. I want one of those tiny bears!

adamclark52
03-10-2012, 05:01 PM

I liked the birds.

dcmetal108
03-10-2012, 06:07 PM
I liked the birds.

The birds were funny but the tiny bear eating marshmallows was adorable. (Goes back to being tough guy) :D

dcmetal108
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Watched "The Sitter" today. It was good, almost a new version of "adventures in babysitting" though.

adamclark52
03-15-2012, 08:58 AM

Danny DeVito ruled too. On top of all his other work, the fact that he is a huge fan of Mike Patton makes him even cooler.

adamclark52
03-15-2012, 08:59 AM
John Carter was alright. I doubt I'll ever see it again but that doesn't make it a bad movie at all.

BloodoftheKings
03-16-2012, 10:22 PM
New Prometheus trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7wEoDuydvU)

Psyched for this. I plan to re-watch all the Alien movies in order some time soon.

dcmetal108
03-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Saw Project X last time. AWESOME! Don't remember the last time I've walked out of a theater in pain because of how much I laughed. Also the entire theater was packed and almost a party with everyone laughing and screaming. It was awesome to say the least.

mastodon421
03-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Saw 21 Jump Street last night. Funniest movie since The Hangover. I laughed my ass off from start to finish.

dcmetal108
03-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Here's my 21 Jump Street Review

21 Jump Street (2012) Movie Review (http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/21-jump-street-2012-movie-review/)

MPF
03-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Last week I saw John Carter.

Was it really as bad as they are making it out to be? I liked it. Like mentioned before, not enough to see it again, but still it was good.

BloodoftheKings
03-20-2012, 04:17 AM
I haven't been to the movies at all this year but in the coming weeks I plan to see 21 Jump Street, The Hunger Games, and The Raid: Redemption.

SomewhereInTime72
03-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Probably gonna see 21 Jump Street this friday. Seems promising.

Dextrimental
03-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Seen Project X, decent flick, probably won't watch it again for a long time though. Best part was The xx at the end, good band!

Really, really, overtly excited for Prometheus. Trailers all over the place, I truly can't wait to see it!

kalfitegrdan
03-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Just watched the new Prometheus trailer. Holy shit! I can't wait for that.

BloodoftheKings
03-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Just saw 21 Jump Street, very funny movie. I was surprised at how violent it got towards the end.

makethemsuffer12
03-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Just saw 21 Jump Street, very funny movie. I was surprised at how violent it got towards the end.

Same here. Loved it.

SomewhereInTime72
03-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Probably gonna see 21 Jump Street this friday. Seems promising.

Exceeded my expectations by a lot, very impressed. :bliss:

MPF
03-25-2012, 11:45 PM
I saw Hunger Games on Friday.

This is not a Tween movie as most people tried to convince me of. Is it centered around a teenage girl, yes. And a love interest is Teenage boy? Yes But that's where the tween part ends. The rest of it is a cool story. Donald Sutherland and Woody Harrelson would not make tween movies.

Besides that rant, it was a good movie, not incredible or mindblowing or anything like that but it was a good movie. Although it nearly clocks in at 3 hours.

I'll be at Prometheus the Friday it comes out!

dcmetal108
03-26-2012, 12:31 PM

This is not a Tween movie as most people tried to convince me of. Is it centered around a teenage girl, yes. And a love interest is Teenage boy? Yes But that's where the tween part ends. The rest of it is a cool story. Donald Sutherland and Woody Harrelson would not make tween movies.

Besides that rant, it was a good movie, not incredible or mindblowing or anything like that but it was a good movie. Although it nearly clocks in at 3 hours.

I'll watch the Hunger Games now that you said its decent but from previews and everything it just doesn't really look that good.

I'm just watching for American Reunion to come out next friday!:party:

MPF
03-28-2012, 07:48 PM
I'll watch the Hunger Games now that you said its decent but from previews and everything it just doesn't really look that good.

I'm just watching for American Reunion to come out next friday!:party:

I didn't think I was going to like it that much. But it is a good story. The love shit doesn't start till about 3/4th of the way in and doesn't really affect anything. It's not the best movie I've seen this year. But Tweens will get pissed about the movie. And they did. Lenny Kravitz is also in it. The biggest what the fuck in a movie for me in a while but once you see who he plays, it makes sense.

Although that was because my bassist said at the trailer for Breaking Dawn Part 2, as loud as he could..."YOU KNOW SHE DIES AT THE END RIGHT?"

:lol:

Epidemic Reign
03-29-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm going to see Wrath of the Titans at midnight tonight.

I know everybody thought the last one sucked, but I liked it.

...and from what I've heard, the people who made it also thought it sucked and supposedly took that into consideration when producing the sequel.

So I will let y'all know how it turned out.

mastodon421
03-29-2012, 07:20 AM
I was one of the few who liked the original also. From what I've heard, Wrath is a lot better than Clash. I'm excited to see it, but I don't know if I'll catch it in theaters.

dcmetal108
03-29-2012, 12:24 PM
I really liked the first one but the next movie I see in theaters will prolly be American Reunion next weekend.

Epidemic Reign
03-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Ok, so Wrath of the Titans was pretty badass.

If you weren't a fan of Clash, this won't likely change your mind. But if you liked Clash, you'll probably like this one considerably more.

There are some seriously awesome visuals in the film, particularly the setpieces, and also some great humorous moments. Acting is pretty much akin to Clash, nothing too spectacular but you can tell everyone's having a good time. But the main thing that makes it much better than its predecessor is the climax, which is much more grandiose this time around. All in all, I really enjoyed it :D

300%_Density
03-31-2012, 10:26 PM

I'm not that much into movies. Mostly bc of the unoriginal ideas and bullshit prices...but I went w/ my gf for Hunger Games on Friday. I knew 0 outside of a trailer she showed me the night before. I heard it was breaking box office records so I assume the worst. I think for one of the few times this movie is worth all the hype. I was really blown away. I can't wait for Nov. '13 for the next part.

I also would not call this tween @ all. Obviously w/ the plot this could have been an easy R rating but killing isn't what this was about. This will be an obvious buy when it comes out on DVD.

dcmetal108
04-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Just got back from seeing "The Raid Redemption". That movies insane!

Review (http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/the-raid-redemption-2011-movie-review/)

dcmetal108
04-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Casa De Mi Padre Review

Casa De Mi Padre (2012) Movie Review (http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/casa-de-mi-padre-2012-movie-review/)

PS: This movie was horrible.

Also review of Goon

Goon (2012) Movie Review (http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/goon-2012-movie-review/)

John The Drummer
04-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Am I the only one super stoked for "The Dictator"!? That movie looks great. I didn't enjoy "Borat" and never saw... that other one the dude released, but this looks hilarious.

dcmetal108
04-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Am I the only one super stoked for "The Dictator"!? That movie looks great. I didn't enjoy "Borat" and never saw... that other one the dude released, but this looks hilarious.

YES! I love Bruno and Borat and this one looks just as great.

On a different note going to see American Reunion tomorrow night.

Dextrimental
04-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Battleship is god awful.

dcmetal108
04-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Battleship is god awful.

Did you see it? I thought it didn't come out for like another two months?

Dextrimental
04-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Did you see it? I thought it didn't come out for like another two months?

Went to see it this evening, don't bother, it's the kind of movie you put on with a bunch of people to laugh at while getting drunk. Not the good kind of those either.

dcmetal108
04-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Went to see it this evening, don't bother, it's the kind of movie you put on with a bunch of people to laugh at while getting drunk. Not the good kind of those either.

It didn't even look good so I'm happy to know that odds are it'll flop.

MPF
04-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Was the last line, or near the last line....

"I just sank your battleship.....BITCH!"

Dextrimental
04-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Was the last line, or near the last line....

"I just sank your battleship.....BITCH!"

No, but it does have some corkers, like 'We have one last ship... The Battleship' and 'They won't sink this Battleship'.

That said and done, Cabin In The Woods is phenomenal, haven't enjoyed a film like that in a LOOOOOONG time. Top class entertainment! Will need to re-watch before I'm certain, but it could be my new favorite film. It's definitely top 3.

dcmetal108
04-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Saw Lockout and Hunger Games today.

Lockout was awesome and alot fun while Hunger Games was decent. A bit slow and too lovey touchy towards the end.

llama lom
04-14-2012, 09:00 AM
If you haven't seen Cabin in the Woods, do so immediately. Even if you aren't a horror fan, you need to see it. It plays with every horror film stereotype and has a bunch of references. Great film.

dcmetal108
04-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Hunger Games Review (http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2012/04/14/the-hunger-games-2012-movie-review/)
Lockout Review (http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2012/04/14/lockout-2012-movie-review/)

kalfitegrdan
04-14-2012, 09:30 PM
That said and done, Cabin In The Woods is phenomenal, haven't enjoyed a film like that in a LOOOOOONG time. Top class entertainment! Will need to re-watch before I'm certain, but it could be my new favorite film. It's definitely top 3.

This.

Oh my god, I fucking can't get over how much I loved this movie.

dcmetal108
04-14-2012, 09:35 PM
With my over the top love of horror movies, I'm embarrassed that I haven't seen Cabin In The Woods yet.

SomewhereInTime72
04-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Cabin In The Woods just seems like another version of Cabin Fever. :eyes:

Considering the latter is bad enough to be enjoyable, I may go see it anyway.

kalfitegrdan
04-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Cabin In The Woods just seems like another version of Cabin Fever. :eyes:

Considering the latter is bad enough to be enjoyable, I may go see it anyway.

If it's comparable to any other horror movie, which it really isn't, I'd have to say Scream.

Dextrimental
04-16-2012, 10:38 PM
If it's comparable to any other horror movie, which it really isn't, I'd have to say Scream.

I'd have said Evil Dead, but it has the contemporary feel to it that Scream had, but its incomparable to anything really, very unique film.

Ignore the trailers, they do the film no amount of justice what-so-ever.

kalfitegrdan
04-17-2012, 03:59 AM
I'd have said Evil Dead, but it has the contemporary feel to it that Scream had, but its incomparable to anything really, very unique film.

Ignore the trailers, they do the film no amount of justice what-so-ever.

That would also work. I just said Scream because of the obvious lampooning of horror stereotypes.

I love how the trailer sets it up as basically just another horror movie...

dcmetal108
04-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Saw Three Stooges. It was decent.

Dextrimental
04-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Seen Cabin In The Woods again tonight, I went with some friends who hadn't seen it, and it is still as as the first time, having a crisis of faith with it and my favorite film, Dawn of the Dead, the original.

kalfitegrdan
04-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Seen Cabin In The Woods again tonight, I went with some friends who hadn't seen it, and it is still as as the first time, having a crisis of faith with it and my favorite film, Dawn of the Dead, the original.

:lol: I just did the same thing tonight. If you changed Dawn to Shaun, this would be my exact sentiments. I'm probably also taking my girlfriend to see it on Tuesday.

Dextrimental
04-23-2012, 07:54 AM
:lol: I just did the same thing tonight. If you changed Dawn to Shaun, this would be my exact sentiments. I'm probably also taking my girlfriend to see it on Tuesday.

Hahaha oddly enough I'm considering the same with a lady friend of mine! Honestly, I just want more excuses to watch this movie again, I've never been excited to pre-order a DVD before :lol:

kalfitegrdan
04-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Hahaha oddly enough I'm considering the same with a lady friend of mine! Honestly, I just want more excuses to watch this movie again, I've never been excited to pre-order a DVD before :lol:

I know! I just wanna keep watching it. :lol: I cannot wait for the DVD release. I'm actually considering buying the movie novelization as well to see if it offers any more insight into the plot.

Dextrimental
04-23-2012, 03:09 PM
I know! I just wanna keep watching it. :lol: I cannot wait for the DVD release. I'm actually considering buying the movie novelization as well to see if it offers any more insight into the plot.

According to online reviews, the novelization adds character back story, which isn't wholly necessary to the plot, but I may pick it up regardless just to absorb everything to do with the movie. The visual companion is meant to be really good though, really focusing on some of the little things in certain scenes, almost easter eggs, that Joss wrote into the film, as well as a huge interview, and select parts of the screenplay that are meant to be the most interesting to observe!

MPF
04-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Is Cabin In The Woods really that good? I wasn't impressed by the trailer, but I'll check it out if it is actually good.

mastodon421
04-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Is Cabin In The Woods really that good? I wasn't impressed by the trailer, but I'll check it out if it is actually good.

From what I understand, I yes. The trailer is intended to be extremely misleading and look like another generic horror movie. I really,really want to see it, but I haven't had the chance to yet.

Dextrimental
04-24-2012, 03:07 PM

I've heard this sentence too many times now. Trailer sucks. There's no way to represent this movie in a trailer.

dcmetal108
04-26-2012, 02:55 PM
The Three Stooges (2012) Movie Review (http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2012/04/26/the-three-stooges-2012-movie-review/)

kalfitegrdan
04-26-2012, 02:58 PM
I've heard this sentence too many times now. Trailer sucks. There's no way to represent this movie in a trailer.

This.

Just go see it. It's totally worth it.

Dextrimental
04-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Avenger's is actually pretty good! First half lagged a little for me, but the second half was stellar. The Hulk really stole the show, and some of the quick one-liners were great, Joss Whedon is on fire at the moment!

MetalStorm
05-01-2012, 10:49 AM
New TDKR trailer is amazing:drool::drool:

BloodoftheKings
05-03-2012, 11:38 PM
The Avengers was fucking amazing. Definitely Marvel's best movie to date (topping Spiderman 2). That cliffhanger at the end, holy shit.

The only flaw that comes to mind is the lack of explanation for how Thor came back to Earth and why he doesn't even make an attempt to reunite with Natalie Portman.

Dextrimental
05-04-2012, 03:57 AM
The Avengers was fucking amazing. Definitely Marvel's best movie to date (topping Spiderman 2). That cliffhanger at the end, holy shit.

The only flaw that comes to mind is the lack of explanation for how Thor came back to Earth and why he doesn't even make an attempt to reunite with Natalie Portman.

That is explained, remember, the agent informs him she has been taken care of. He'd be putting her in enormous danger if he went near her in the current state of affairs.

BloodoftheKings
05-04-2012, 01:20 PM
That is explained, remember, the agent informs him she has been taken care of. He'd be putting her in enormous danger if he went near her in the current state of affairs.

Makes sense. Still, Thor doesn't even ask about her. It seemed like he completely forgot.

maidenpriest
05-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Makes sense. Still, Thor doesn't even ask about her. It seemed like he completely forgot.

I don't think Agent Coulson would've looked it up unless Thor had asked. Anyways, greatest comic book movie ever imo. I loved the character interaction between all of them, particularly Tony Stark with anyone else.

powerslave_85
05-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Avengers was so fucking awesome. I was impressed by how well they balanced all their characters. I thought Hawkeye and Black Widow would get the short shrift, but they were both pretty important.

DementedX14
05-05-2012, 04:28 PM
The Avengers was great! However, I would love an appearance by the Red Skull and to find out what happens to Loki after he is arrested.

BloodoftheKings
05-05-2012, 05:30 PM
The Avengers was great! However, I would love an appearance by the Red Skull and to find out what happens to Loki after he is arrested.

This. I have a feeling they're saving Red Skull for the inevitable sequel.

mastodon421
05-05-2012, 06:22 PM
All this Avengers talk is making me sad that I haven't seen it yet:(

MPF
05-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Just got back from seeing The Avengers, it was fucking badass. I think it might even beat Iron Man for me as best Superhero movie, and that says a lot.

Also to those who haven't seen it, or going to see it again, stick around after the initial credits, and at the very end. Both trailers are worth seeing.

BloodoftheKings
05-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Also to those who haven't seen it, or going to see it again, stick around after the initial credits, and at the very end. Both trailers are worth seeing.

I stuck around after the initial credits but they had another thing after the main credits? dafuq.

MPF
05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
I stuck around after the initial credits but they had another thing after the main credits? dafuq.

Iron Man made reference to that location about 10 minutes before the end fo the movie, so it did make sense.

My favorite scene was between Hulk and Loki, I couldn't stop laughing.

BloodoftheKings
05-06-2012, 09:33 AM
My favorite scene was between Hulk and Loki, I couldn't stop laughing.

That was the hardest I've ever laughed in a movie theater.

dcmetal108
05-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Saw Avengers. It was amazing.

adamclark52
05-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Saw the Dictator today. What a pile of crap. And that's coming from someone whoe's been a fan of Sasha Baron Cohen since the Ali G days. It did nothing. When it tried to be funny it wasn't, when it tried to offend it didn't. I see collosal failure in it's future. I'm sure weekend one it will be in the top five at best but out of the top ten in three weeks.

Natrlhi
05-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Makes sense. Still, Thor doesn't even ask about her. It seemed like he completely forgot.Not true. He does ask, and that's what prompts Coulson to tell him that she is all right, as others have said.

My favorite scene was between Hulk and Loki, I couldn't stop laughing.I saw the film with my five-year-old son on Saturday, and we both cracked up out loud at that scene. :lol:

He also loved the scene where Iron Man falls from the sky - specifically the part about how he was revived. ;)

Saw the Dictator today. What a pile of crap. And that's coming from someone whoe's been a fan of Sasha Baron Cohen since the Ali G days. It did nothing. When it tried to be funny it wasn't, when it tried to offend it didn't. I see collosal failure in it's future. I'm sure weekend one it will be in the top five at best but out of the top ten in three weeks.Interesting. It's actually getting somewhat decent reviews. I've been a SBC fan since Ali G as well, but I thought "Bruno" was embarrassingly bad, so I wasn't holding out much hope for this. Obviously I'll wait for video, but if I hear many more reviews like this one I might not even bother.

Also on a related note, before the Avengers movie started, there were several good previews that made me get some serious upcoming movie wood, including Dark Knight Rises, Spidey 4 (which actually looks excellent), Brave and Despicable Me 2 (coming next year). I'm also psyched about Madagascar 3 and Anchorman 2.

mastodon421
05-21-2012, 09:48 AM
I saw The Dictator on Saturday and I couldn't disagree more with adamclark. I thought it was fucking hilarious. Chances are if you're a fan of Baron Cohen you'll like it. Clearly it doesn't touch Borat, but it's much better than Bruno.

Natrlhi
05-21-2012, 10:18 AM
...it doesn't touch Borat, but it's much better than Bruno.That's about what I was expecting.

BloodoftheKings
05-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Spidey 4

You must mean Spidey 1 Electric Boogaloo.

The new trailer was pretty good and made me a little more optimistic about the movie but I still hate the idea of rebooting a franchise when the series just ended 5 years ago.

dcmetal108
05-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Not true. He does ask, and that's what prompts Coulson to tell him that she is all right, as others have said.

I saw the film with my five-year-old son on Saturday, and we both cracked up out loud at that scene. :lol:

He also loved the scene where Iron Man falls from the sky - specifically the part about how he was revived. ;)

Interesting. It's actually getting somewhat decent reviews. I've been a SBC fan since Ali G as well, but I thought "Bruno" was embarrassingly bad, so I wasn't holding out much hope for this. Obviously I'll wait for video, but if I hear many more reviews like this one I might not even bother.

Also on a related note, before the Avengers movie started, there were several good previews that made me get some serious upcoming movie wood, including Dark Knight Rises, Spidey 4 (which actually looks excellent), Brave and Despicable Me 2 (coming next year). I'm also psyched about Madagascar 3 and Anchorman 2.

Dark Knight and Spidey look awesome. Brace looks good but DP looks fucking awesome. Anchorman will rock but not looking forward to Madagascar 3 since I didn't care for the first two.

ShatteredFlame
05-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Honestly I feel like they have given away everything important about the new Spiderman movie in all of the trailers.

BloodoftheKings
06-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Saw Men in Black 3 today. It wasn't bad but it wasn't that great. Something about it felt small. I can't quite put my finger on the reason why but it kinda felt more like an episode of a tv show than a movie.

Dextrimental
06-02-2012, 02:36 AM
Going to see Prometheus tonight. VERY. EXCITED.

brutal_descent
06-02-2012, 02:55 AM
Watched The Dictator twice over the past week (once alone, the second time with a friend), and it's definitely one of my favorite comedies of recent years. Even though it has some of that silliness that Borat was all about, a lot of it is quite intelligent and involves more than just tits and dicks. Wish I could find a clip of Aladeen's speech to the UN after ripping up the constitution, too. Absolutely genius writing.

dcmetal108
06-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Saw Snow White and The Huntsmen today.

Actually really good and extremely dark.

hb420
06-06-2012, 03:18 PM

Lucky bastard! Have to wait til tomorrow night, but definitely going to the midnight can't wait! :D

masterguy49
06-06-2012, 03:27 PM

So, so jelly :bouville: I can't see it at midnight cause I have no one that will go with me, so I'm seeing it saturday with my girlfriend along with Men in Black 3 and maybe Madagascar 3. Snow White didn't grab my interest, I'll probably see it on DVD. The Dictator was hilarious, but I still prefer Borat. Avengers is still my #1 movie of the year, but we'll see how long that'll last.

masterguy49
06-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Honestly I feel like they have given away everything important about the new Spiderman movie in all of the trailers.

Honestly I'm still lost with the whole movie, so I can't wait to see it. It seems to be more true to the comics than the original movies but at the same time it's creating its on universe

BloodoftheKings
06-12-2012, 07:43 PM
I saw Moonrise Kingdom tonight. Aside from one uncomfortable scene that bordered on CP the movie was fucking ace. Probably my favorite Wes Anderson movie (although I haven't seen half of them). The theater was full of old people so me and my friends kinda looked liked jackasses when we were laughing hysterically while everyone else watched quietly. Bill Murray was awesome as always but Edward Norton's character was my favorite. Jason Schwartzman's role was really small in this one. He was only in the movie for a little more than 5 minutes.

John The Drummer
06-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Honestly I'm still lost with the whole movie, so I can't wait to see it. It seems to be more true to the comics than the original movies but at the same time it's creating its on universe

I say this to everyone who mentions Spiderman movies... but I'll say it here too....

I wish Spiderman 3 was all about the symbiot (sp?) suit, The Sandman, and maybe new Green Goblin, then ending in the scene where Eddie Brock becomes Venom, leaving room for another movie and possible appearance by Carnage.... if only :(

BloodoftheKings
07-03-2012, 09:12 PM
I saw Ted tonight. As much as I like to shit on everything Seth Macfarlane does I thought this movie was actually pretty funny. I'd give it a 7.5/10

mastodon421
07-04-2012, 07:14 AM
I saw Ted tonight. As much as I like to shit on everything Seth Macfarlane does I thought this movie was actually pretty funny. I'd give it a 7.5/10

Family Guy and American Dad are very hit-or miss, but I thought Ted was fucking hysterical. I laughed my ass off throughout (I'm also one of the people that Macfarlane is targeted with the obscure references. I almost peed myself at the Brandon Routh, Sinead O'Connor, and especially the Flash Gordon references so that is definitely a part of why I loved it so much.) It wasn't quite as funny as 21 Jump Street, but it was definitely an elite comedy imo.

mastodon421
07-04-2012, 07:16 AM
For anyone who cares, here is my mid-year report on movies.
http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/2012/07/2012-mid-year-report-film.html

BloodoftheKings
07-04-2012, 10:12 AM
My top movies of this year (have only seen these 6).

1. Moonrise Kingdom
2. The Avengers
3. 21 Jump Street
4. Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie
5. Ted
6. Men in Black 3

I still need to see Brave, The Grey, and God Bless America. I kind of want to see Spiderman and Abe Lincoln but i'm probably just gonna wait until they come out on dvd.

kalfitegrdan
07-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Of the movies I've seen so far:

1. Cabin in the Woods
2. The Avengers
3. Chronicle
4. 21 Jump Street
5. Jeff, Who Lives at Home
6. The Grey
7. Safe House
8. This Means War
9. Underworld: Awakening
10. Haywire
11. A Thousand Words
12. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
13. Contraband (The worst by a very large margin)

Natrlhi
07-05-2012, 09:36 AM
So I was pretty busy yesterday with family stuff and didn't get on here, but the night before I saw Spidey 4 and MIB 3. Spidey 4 was pretty good. It is definitely darker than the first three films with Tobey Maguire (who was OK as Parker, but a bit of a dweeb, if you ask me) and Kirsten Dunst (who is severely overrated in every possible way). There were also some incredible POV shots where the camera shows what Spidey would see as he is swinging through the air. The fights were pretty good. The villain was so-so. The story line with Gwen Stacy was nice to see. The Denis Leary role (Gwen's father, police chief) was very well done. I also liked how they started exploring Peter's relationship with the father he barely knew.

...and believe it or not, there was some decent acting as well.

However, the real surprise of the night was MIB3. I saw the first one and liked it well enough, but was never a huge fan. I could understand the appeal, but it really wasn't the type of movie I often found myself in the mood to watch. I saw bits & pieces of the second one on cable over the years, and it seemed almost too silly for me. So, I wasn't expecting much from this one. However, it turned out to be really good. The Josh Brolin character was brilliant, and without giving anything away, it was nice to see what the character of Agent K was like before he became such a sourpuss. The ending of the movie was fantastic. I really enjoyed the film, and would definitely recommend it to anyone who liked either of the first two.

dcmetal108
07-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I am about to leave to see Spidey 4 and Nat I saw MIB3 and thought it was average but really boring. Taking Tommy Lee Jones I thought was a bad move but alot of jokes I thought fell through.

makethemsuffer12
07-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I am about to leave to see Spidey 4 and Nat I saw MIB3 and thought it was average but really boring. Taking Tommy Lee Jones I thought was a bad move but alot of jokes I thought fell through.

Spidey 4

For the love of god it's not Spider-Man 4, it's a fucking reboot. And it was nowhere near as good as the Sam Riami movies (even Spider-Man 3). While I thought they acting was excellent for the most part, they just didn't capture how I feel Spider-Man should be. It just didn't feel right. Not to mention the typical horrible Hollywood perception of high school and the lackluster CGI.

dcmetal108
07-05-2012, 06:53 PM
This Spider Man was way better than the first 3 ones they did. Spiderman 3 is one of the biggest dissappointments I've ever watched.

makethemsuffer12
07-05-2012, 06:55 PM
This Spider Man was way better than the first 3 ones they did.

You're fucking crazy.

BloodoftheKings
07-05-2012, 07:27 PM
It's kind of annoying me that the Spidey argument is spanning 2 threads (it really should just be in this one) but there's something I wanted to say regarding the ridiculous claims that this one tops the whole Raimi trilogy.

Whats the deal with comic book fans lately? Everybody, and I mean everybody loved the first 2 Sam Raimi Spiderman films. Anybody who denies that they loved those movies is a lying sack of shit. I remember when that shitty Mirror's Edge looking trailer for the new Spiderman came out everybody was already putting down the movie and saying it wont be nearly as good as the Raimi trilogy. Then when they announced that this one will be more true to the comics and have Spidey using web cartridges with Gwen Stacey as the love interest everybody suddenly turned on Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire. People did the same shit with the Hulk when the Avengers came out. While I agree 100% that Mark Ruffalo is the best Hulk that by no means makes Edward Norton's Hulk shitty. Talk all the shit you want about the Hulk movie with Eric Bana but the Edward Norton one was great and just because a better one comes along doesn't mean the old one is complete shit. :2cents:

DementedX14
07-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Movies I've seen so far:

1. Prometheus
2. The Avengers
3. Wrath of the Titans
4. MIB3

dcmetal108
07-05-2012, 07:52 PM
You're fucking crazy.

Nope. And I'm a diehard comic fan.

MPF
07-05-2012, 08:14 PM
All I will say about the Spiderman Debate.

Beats the 3rd movie. On par with the 2nd one. Doesn't beat the first one.

makethemsuffer12
07-05-2012, 08:28 PM
My top movies of this year (have only seen these 6).

1. Moonrise Kingdom
2. The Avengers
3. 21 Jump Street
4. Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie
5. Ted
6. Men in Black 3

I still need to see Brave, The Grey, and God Bless America. I kind of want to see Spiderman and Abe Lincoln but i'm probably just gonna wait until they come out on dvd.

:lol: Really dude?

And back on the Spidey thing, I reaaaally don't get how some people are praising it. I mean, let's be real: Was it a bad movie? Not at all. I really do appreciate how it had some more things in common with the comics (web shooters, Gwen Stacy, etc.) but I think it had a lot of problems (fake-looking CG, unbelievable scenarios, kind of cheesy at points, etc.). I don't know, it just didn't feel right. I'll be honest I never really read the comics (I mean, I used to have a sub to Ulitmate Spider-Man and I have a Marvel Materworks book with a bunch of classic issues) but I had a big ass book that went into detail about all of the Spidey characters and pretty much his whole rogue's gallery along with major story arks and whatnot so it's not like I have absolutely 0 knowledge of the character's history. At the end of the day though it probably comes down to the fact that I grew up with the Riami movies and I kind of consider that "my" Spider-Man.

BloodoftheKings
07-05-2012, 08:37 PM
:lol: Really dude?

SHRIM

makethemsuffer12
07-05-2012, 08:47 PM
SHRIM

Okay you're right.

XDoomsayerX
07-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Spider Man 3 was garbage and the new one is better than it. But it does not touch Spider Man 1 and Spider Man 2.

My top 3 are as follows:
1) Prometheus
2) The Avengers
3) 21 Jump Street

I've seen a decent amount of movies this year just not 2012 movies much.

John The Drummer
07-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Am I the only one not stoked for the new Batman? Bane (spelling?) is a rad character, but the way he has been portrayed in the trailers is kinda lame, IMO. Is there more to it than what I am seeing?

BloodoftheKings
07-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Am I the only one not stoked for the new Batman? Bane (spelling?) is a rad character, but the way he has been portrayed in the trailers is kinda lame, IMO. Is there more to it than what I am seeing?

I have faith that Nolan's Bane will be awesome. His Joker wasn't my favorite version of the character but it was still really good. From the trailers it seems that Nolan's Bane is more true to the Bane in the comics. I'm not too crazy about his costume but they couldn't have the villain in a Christopher Nolan Batman film wearing a lucha libre mask.

ShatteredFlame
07-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Has anyone else seen Brave? While I didn't think it was as bad as Cars 2, I would say that it is the blandest Pixar film. There was not much to like about it but at the same time there was nothing to hate about it, it just lacked anything that makes a movie interesting really...just "meh"

It really sucks that I'm going to have to now think twice about seeing a Pixar film :(

TonyD
07-06-2012, 08:53 PM
I have faith that Nolan's Bane will be awesome. His Joker wasn't my favorite version of the character but it was still really good. From the trailers it seems that Nolan's Bane is more true to the Bane in the comics. I'm not too crazy about his costume but they couldn't have the villain in a Christopher Nolan Batman film wearing a lucha libre mask.

You are alone on this planet.

dcmetal108
07-06-2012, 08:54 PM
If they made Bane do what he did to Batman to the comics that would be epic.

XDoomsayerX
07-06-2012, 09:17 PM

I thought that was obvious from all the trailers. Or have I watched em too much. :eyes:

BloodoftheKings
07-06-2012, 09:23 PM
You are alone on this planet.

I absolutely love the Jack Nicholson Joker and any version that has Mark Hamill doing the voice. Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker was brilliant but I think it's a little over rated.

I don't think he's gonna break Batman's back but I know Batman is gonna get fucked up.

dcmetal108
07-06-2012, 10:13 PM
It'd be great if he crippled batman.

TonyD
07-07-2012, 01:03 AM
I absolutely love the Jack Nicholson Joker and any version that has Mark Hamill doing the voice. Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker was brilliant but I think it's a little over rated.

Come on... I agree that both of those guys were perfect for their respective performances, but the Tim Burton movies are a little cheesy (I know it's based on a comic... whatever) and the cartoon is only a vocal performance. Ledger nailed exactly what was called for, and it was awesome/disturbing to watch.

mastodon421
07-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Come on... I agree that both of those guys were perfect for their respective performances, but the Tim Burton movies are a little cheesy (I know it's based on a comic... whatever) and the cartoon is only a vocal performance. Ledger nailed exactly what was called for, and it was awesome/disturbing to watch.

This. I thought The Dark Knight was a bit overrated as a whole, but Ledger's performance was absolutely perfect.

Anyways, I saw Savages last night and I liked it quite a bit. It takes a little while to get going, but the second half of the movie makes it worth while (The ending is going to piss a lot of people off, but I loved it. Really unexpected for this type of movie.) A definite return to form for Oliver Stone.

Epidemic Reign
07-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Not a huge fan of Spider-Man, but I thought the new one was really good. Can't really compare it to the Raimi trilogy though, because I've only seen the third one.

Natrlhi
07-07-2012, 08:18 PM
For the love of god it's not Spider-Man 4, it's a fucking reboot. And it was nowhere near as good as the Sam Riami movies (even Spider-Man 3). While I thought they acting was excellent for the most part, they just didn't capture how I feel Spider-Man should be. It just didn't feel right. Not to mention the typical horrible Hollywood perception of high school and the lackluster CGI.
OK, so it was a reboot and not a sequel. I knew that, I just wasn't reading that much into my own damn comments. Sue me.
I actually agree with you to an extent on the "feel" of the movie. It was darker than I ever remember Spider-Man being. Maybe a bit too dark.
You're saying that you expect Hollywood to portray high school accurately? Really? Care to re-think that one and get back to us? :lol:
I thought the CGI was fantastic, personally. I specifically remember there being a point during the movie where I paused to think to myself, "Jesus Christ, the things they can do with CGI nowadays".

makethemsuffer12
07-07-2012, 09:01 PM
OK, so it was a reboot and not a sequel. I knew that, I just wasn't reading that much into my own damn comments. Sue me.
I actually agree with you to an extent on the "feel" of the movie. It was darker than I ever remember Spider-Man being. Maybe a bit too dark.
You're saying that you expect Hollywood to portray high school accurately? Really? Care to re-think that one and get back to us? :lol:
I thought the CGI was fantastic, personally. I specifically remember there being a point during the movie where I paused to think to myself, "Jesus Christ, the things they can do with CGI nowadays".

I don't expect Hollywood to do an accurate portrayal of anything, but it's shit like that that takes me out of the experience.

And on the CGI, I thought the Lizard looked fake as fuck. Compared to a movie like The Avengers, which was very heavy on the CG but did an excellent job, it just doesn't hold up.

Natrlhi
07-07-2012, 09:44 PM
I don't expect Hollywood to do an accurate portrayal of anything, but it's shit like that that takes me out of the experience.

And on the CGI, I thought the Lizard looked fake as fuck. Compared to a movie like The Avengers, which was very heavy on the CG but did an excellent job, it just doesn't hold up.Fair enough, but how do you really do a life-like version of the Lizard, if there's really no such animal?

At any rate, I'll agree that the CGI in Avengers was top notch.

makethemsuffer12
07-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Fair enough, but how do you really do a life-like version of the Lizard, if there's really no such animal?

At any rate, I'll agree that the CGI in Avengers was top notch.

Just how those big-ass whale-worm alien things from the Avengers looked. Using top notch CGI (or top notch workers, for the matter). By fake I meant it didn't look convincing.

kalfitegrdan
07-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Watched Project X this morning and absolutely loved it.

dcmetal108
07-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Saw Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter today and it was alot better than expected. Prolly a 8/10

MPF
07-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Saw Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter today and it was alot better than expected. Prolly a 8/10

I'm still really looking forward to Chester A. Arthur: Alien Destroyer next year.

masterguy49
07-10-2012, 07:01 PM

... Wait, what?!
I know everyone likes to think of Spider-Man as campy, funny, and lovable, but he has a fucked up history. So many people he has loved have died, he has faced so much loss and struggles in his life its ridiculous. The movie was far from "dark" anyways. We must have seen a different movie. I mean it took place at night if that's what you mean, but it was far from a dark tone.

Also it exceeds Raimi's trilogy other than the 2nd spider-man. Sole reason was the 1st one just doesn't hold up much now. Plus Toby Maguire just isn't a good spider-man OR peter parker.

Also so far the new season of Weeds is really eh, I know it's the last season, but damn is it boring so far.

dcmetal108
07-10-2012, 07:05 PM
DONT TELL ME A SINGLE THING ABOUT WEEDS! OKAY!

I'm waiting for the season to end so i can watch it in one sitting.

masterguy49
07-10-2012, 07:07 PM
DONT TELL ME A SINGLE THING ABOUT WEEDS! OKAY!

I'm waiting for the season to end so i can watch it in one sitting.

Woops didnt realize this isnt the What are you watching thread :lol:

Don't worry you aren't missing much

dcmetal108
07-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Woops didnt realize this isnt the What are you watching thread :lol:

Don't worry you aren't missing much

I love weeds, It cant do anything wrong.

Nancy is soooo sooo sexy.

masterguy49
07-10-2012, 07:23 PM
I love weeds, It cant do anything wrong.

Nancy is soooo sooo sexy.

That I can agree on! Also I don't know dude, season 7 was pretty damn weak, though they sure as hell know how to do cliff hangers, holy fuck. The new season has been very boring so far other than the cool revealing of the shooter.

BloodoftheKings
07-11-2012, 08:40 PM
I rented The Grey from Redbox and it was pretty damn good. I heard some complaints about the ending and I didn't think it was that bad but a little more closure would have been nice.

BloodoftheKings
07-11-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm still really looking forward to Chester A. Arthur: Alien Destroyer next year.

I'm totally on board with Chris Rock's idea. He said if the Abe Lincoln movie was a success he's gonna do Martin Luther King: Ninja Warrior.

kalfitegrdan
07-12-2012, 01:29 AM
I rented The Grey from Redbox and it was pretty damn good. I heard some complaints about the ending and I didn't think it was that bad but a little more closure would have been nice.

My only complaint is not seeing Liam Neeson punch a wolf with those broken bottles taped to his hand.

kalfitegrdan
07-12-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm totally on board with Chris Rock's idea. He said if the Abe Lincoln movie was a success he's gonna do Martin Luther King: Ninja Warrior.

That sounds awesome.

Or they could just ride the wave of zombie popularity and make the guy's other book into a movie: Pride & Prejudice & Zombies.

mastodon421
07-12-2012, 06:02 AM
My only complaint is not seeing Liam Neeson punch a wolf with those broken bottles taped to his hand.

I agree, the Christian undertones were kind of annoying as well, but it's still a pretty good movie.

BloodoftheKings
07-12-2012, 07:52 AM

Yeah that would have been awesome.

I agree, the Christian undertones were kind of annoying as well, but it's still a pretty good movie.

What christian undertones? Neeson's character didn't believe in god and at the end where he tried to call out god out of desperation he didn't get shit in return.

kalfitegrdan
07-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah that would have been awesome.

What christian undertones? Neeson's character didn't believe in god and at the end where he tried to call out god out of desperation he didn't get shit in return.

I didn't see them at all, but apparently the film was like heavily marketed towards Christians.

brutal_descent
07-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Going to watch Prometheus on Monday, Savages and Amazing Spider-Man on Tuesday, and Ted on the 19th (whatever day of the week that is). Incredibly stoked for Dark Knight Rises, too.

dcmetal108
07-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Just saw Ted. It was really fucking funny.

mastodon421
07-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Saw The Amazing Spider-Man yesterday and I was unimpressed. I am not going to go too much into it now (If people are really interested in my full opinion I'll my review on my blog when I'm done writing it, I'm having a hard time trying to do a full-on rant.) Let's just say I think it would've been more accurately titled "The Frustrating Average Spider-Man". Doesn't touch any of the originals imo (yes even 3).

BloodoftheKings
07-16-2012, 12:30 PM
I watched Jeff Who Lives at Home today. It definitely wasn't the kind of comedy you would typically expect from Ed Helms and Jason Segel but that's fine by me. It didn't really have any laugh out loud moments but it was pretty funny in some ways. Not one of the best I've seen this year but it was enjoyable.

powerslave_85
07-16-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm officially banning myself from reading any Dark Knight reviews, because I don't trust critics when it comes to spoilers. Luckily, they're the only ones who'll have seen it until Thursday night, but I'm totally burying my head in the sand. Once Friday rolls around, I'm pretty much avoiding the internet altogether.

BloodoftheKings
07-16-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm officially banning myself from reading any Dark Knight reviews, because I don't trust critics when it comes to spoilers. Luckily, they're the only ones who'll have seen it until Thursday night, but I'm totally burying my head in the sand. Once Friday rolls around, I'm pretty much avoiding the internet altogether.

Good idea. I already saw one potential spoiler but even if it turns out to be true it isn't enough to ruin the movie for me.

XDoomsayerX
07-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Whose going to The Dark Knight Rises premiere? Couldn't get IMAX tix for 12 so my friend bought em for 3:30AM. I have a lab at 8AM. Should be interesting! :lol:

kalfitegrdan
07-17-2012, 04:22 AM
'Dark Knight Rises" Critic Receives Death Threats (http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/dark-knight-rises-critic-receives-death-threats#.UAR2yhWieBu) :lol:

dcmetal108
07-17-2012, 07:28 AM
So I watched Silent House last night and holy shit, it has to be one of the worst movies I've watched in years. Review to come later and man the review will tear it a new asshole.

mastodon421
07-17-2012, 10:59 AM
'Dark Knight Rises" Critic Receives Death Threats (http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/dark-knight-rises-critic-receives-death-threats#.UAR2yhWieBu) :lol:

That was fantastic:lol: It has reached 800+ comments now.

dcmetal108
07-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Savages was fucking great.

kalfitegrdan
07-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Savages was fucking great.

The trailer for that looked ungodly bad, but it is Oliver Stone.

Saw Casa de mi Padre today and that was pretty bad, save a few entertaining moments.

dcmetal108
07-19-2012, 07:39 PM
It was actually really good.

Casa De Mi Padre might be the worst movie I've seen this year. I fucking hated it. Even with how they didn't take it too seriously I didn't enjoy it.

kalfitegrdan
07-19-2012, 07:57 PM
It was actually really good.

Casa De Mi Padre might be the worst movie I've seen this year. I fucking hated it. Even with how they didn't take it too seriously I didn't enjoy it.

I'll probably Redbox it eventually.

Contraband is by far the worst movie I've seen this year.

dcmetal108
07-19-2012, 07:59 PM
See I really enjoyed Contraband. But then again Mark Walberg could be in anything and I might like it.

kalfitegrdan
07-19-2012, 08:04 PM
See I really enjoyed Contraband. But then again Mark Walberg could be in anything and I might like it.

That's why I hated it. His acting was so stereotypical in that one. It reminded me of the SNL sketch "Mark Wahlberg Talks to Animals" and it was really distracting.

Natrlhi
07-28-2012, 10:30 PM
So I know I'm a bit late to this particular party, but 21 Jump Street was much better than it should have been - and for a whole host of reasons, too.

I actually laughed out loud several times.

mastodon421
07-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Saw The Watch last night. Solid comedy that I thought was much better than the critics made it out to be. Not fantastic, but it definitely does it's a job as an entertaining summer sc-fi comedy romp.

dcmetal108
07-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Saw The Watch last night. Solid comedy that I thought was much better than the critics made it out to be. Not fantastic, but it definitely does it's a job as an entertaining summer sc-fi comedy romp.

This, I felt the same way. Gave it a 6.5/10

ShatteredFlame
07-31-2012, 09:47 AM
After Seeing 'The Watch' Make-A-Wish-Kid Wishes For Ben Stiller To Stop Making Movies (http://hollywoodandswine.com/after-seeing-the-watch-make-a-wish-kid-wishes-for-ben-stiller-to-stop-making-movies/)

:lol: wow. It was not my choice to see it but I actually thought it was pretty funny. Definitely not something a 12 year old should be seeing though.

BloodoftheKings
07-31-2012, 12:27 PM
After Seeing 'The Watch' Make-A-Wish-Kid Wishes For Ben Stiller To Stop Making Movies (http://hollywoodandswine.com/after-seeing-the-watch-make-a-wish-kid-wishes-for-ben-stiller-to-stop-making-movies/)

I really wanted that article to be real.

hellawaits77ny
08-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Been outta the movie loop this year. Can y'all dagws recommend some good, fucked up horror movies that have been released this year?

O/T, but did anyone see The Bunny Game? Been trying to find it online since it's release. Can't find one, and don't wanna buy the DVD.

ShatteredFlame
08-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Been outta the movie loop this year. Can y'all dagws recommend some good, fucked up horror movies that have been released this year?

The Tall Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_QqA0sDMec) was pretty good. It's directed by the same guy that made Martyrs, which most true horror fans always rank very high in their best horror of the 00s list. A DVDrip just leaked online.

V/H/S (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt3R8V4i3NU) This isn't out yet but people that saw it at festivals say it's one of the scariest movies ever. Keep an eye out on it. It comes out on demand on August 30th. And a limited theater release around October.

Killer Joe (http://www.killerjoethemovie.com/) is in theaters right now but its a limited release so check the site to see when it comes out near you. It's rated NC-17 and directed by the guy who made the original The Exorcist. I haven't seen it but reception appears to be great.

Then there's The Cabin In The Woods which was in theaters since April but for some reason is taking forever to come on DVD (end of September) or even leak online. It's a great movie though so see it if you can.

There are many horror films that are coming out in the next few months that look interesting. The Apparition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkmzXVwLtH0), The Posession (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVjggWQRlQQ&feature=relmfu), Sound of My Voice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W20Fl5m5FdM), Paranormal Activity 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Qp4Aq2oV0) etc. Hopefully not all of them suck.

BloodoftheKings
08-03-2012, 08:22 AM
The Tall Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_QqA0sDMec) was pretty good. It's directed by the same guy that made Martyrs, which most true horror fans always rank very high in their best horror of the 00s list. A DVDrip just leaked online.

I was kinda looking forward to this one at first because I thought it would be a film adaptation of the Slenderman legend but I completely lost interest after seeing the trailer. I kind of want to watch Martyrs but i'm not 100% sure if I should. I'm willing to watch a really fucked up, gory movie if it's actually good. With shit like A Serbian Film I just wind up shutting it off half way through because i'm just watching filth with no real substance to it. I've heard a few people say Martyrs is very good but I need to hear a few more opinions.

V/H/S (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt3R8V4i3NU) This isn't out yet but people that saw it at festivals say it's one of the scariest movies ever. Keep an eye out on it. It comes out on demand on August 30th. And a limited theater release around October.

Looking forward to this one. I'm not sure if I should get it on demand or wait til I can see it in theaters.

Then there's The Cabin In The Woods which was in theaters since April but for some reason is taking forever to come on DVD (end of September) or even leak online. It's a great movie though so see it if you can.

I've heard a lot of great things about this one. Definitely checking it out as soon as the DVD is released.

The Posession (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVjggWQRlQQ&feature=relmfu)

The trailer doesn't get me very excited but since Sam Raimi is directing I have high hopes for this one. If it's anywhere near as good as Drag Me To Hell I will be very satisfied.

dcmetal108
08-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Paranormal Activity 4 looks fucking horrible just like the first three.

ShatteredFlame
08-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I was kinda looking forward to this one at first because I thought it would be a film adaptation of the Slenderman legend but I completely lost interest after seeing the trailer. I kind of want to watch Martyrs but i'm not 100% sure if I should. I'm willing to watch a really fucked up, gory movie if it's actually good. With shit like A Serbian Film I just wind up shutting it off half way through because i'm just watching filth with no real substance to it. I've heard a few people say Martyrs is very good but I need to hear a few more opinions.

The Tall Man starts off as a pretty boring kidnapping type flick but then a plot twist comes that I found to be very interesting. Overall I liked it. I always find Martyrs to be ranked very high on many 'best horror films' lists. Personally I wouldn't recommend it. Pretty much just torture porn. It has this underlying social commentary but overall I didn't think it was worth it. Not my cup of tea.

Looking forward to this one. I'm not sure if I should get it on demand or wait til I can see it in theaters.

Unfortunately it's only going to be a limited release and so far not playing on Long Island, only the city :(

ShatteredFlame
08-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Paranormal Activity 4 looks fucking horrible just like the first three.

PA2 and PA3 were two of the most entertaining films I've seen in theaters. And overall I think this is one of the best horror franchises ever, very consistent in quality with a good story that they haven't dropped the ball on and still has loads of potential.

dcmetal108
08-04-2012, 02:57 AM
PA2 and PA3 were two of the most entertaining films I've seen in theaters. And overall I think this is one of the best horror franchises ever, very consistent in quality with a good story that they haven't dropped the ball on and still has loads of potential.

I feel like we are watching two different set of movies. The PA movies have had a horrible inconstant story with jumps around and leaves canyon size gaps inbetween them.

mastodon421
08-04-2012, 03:51 AM
Sam Rami is only producing The Possession, but his involvement pretty much assures that it will be better than ever other demonic possession movie that has come out recently (Which isn't saying much at all).

ShatteredFlame
08-04-2012, 06:44 AM
I feel like we are watching two different set of movies. The PA movies have had a horrible inconstant story with jumps around and leaves canyon size gaps inbetween them.

The jumps make complete sense to me. PA1 and PA2 can practically be cut into one long movie. Then PA3 was always meant to be a prequel to the first two. This next one looks like a direct sequel to the 2nd. PA3 was a pretty weird movie story wise, I'll give you that because many of the things talked about their childhood were way different in it but if you notice when they find the tapes there's also a tape set for a couple years later after PA3 that they will eventually show in a later movie. Yes, it's a simple move for milking the franchise further but overall I like how the story has progressed so far.

dcmetal108
08-04-2012, 02:38 PM
See I thought the more the story goes on the worse and worse it gets.

ShatteredFlame
08-06-2012, 08:06 AM
No fucking way. Somehow the on demand version of V/H/S leaked way before the announced on demand date.

Damn I don't know if I should watch it. I'd have to make a trip to NYC just to see it in theaters. :bouville:

hellawaits77ny
08-07-2012, 09:51 AM

Killer Joe (http://www.killerjoethemovie.com/) is in theaters right now but its a limited release so check the site to see when it comes out near you. It's rated NC-17 and directed by the guy who made the original The Exorcist. I haven't seen it but reception appears to be great.

There are many horror films that are coming out in the next few months that look interesting. The Apparition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkmzXVwLtH0), The Posession (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVjggWQRlQQ&feature=relmfu), Sound of My Voice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W20Fl5m5FdM), Paranormal Activity 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Qp4Aq2oV0) etc. Hopefully not all of them suck.

Many thanks, will check all of those out when avialable. The trailer to V/H/S looks sick!!!

No fucking way. Somehow the on demand version of V/H/S leaked way before the announced on demand date.

Damn I don't know if I should watch it. I'd have to make a trip to NYC just to see it in theaters. :bouville:

Where did it leak to?

ShatteredFlame
08-07-2012, 09:59 AM
I was referring to torrent sites and other related pirating sites. It's a perfect dvd/blu-ray rip, I watched it last night. Movie didn't quite meet my expectations but it was still a good watch nonetheless and I don't really think a movie theater viewing would be all that beneficial.

dcmetal108
08-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Yea it leaked all over the other day and since it is a VOD rip its good. Have yet to start it though.

John The Drummer
08-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Might go see Dark Knight, The Campaign, or Ted tonight, can't decide :-0

BloodoftheKings
08-11-2012, 05:59 PM
I saw The Campaign. Funny stuff.

John The Drummer
08-12-2012, 06:19 PM
I saw The Campaign. Funny stuff.

The Campaign was hilarious. The baby punching scene.... :LOL: !!!!!

dcmetal108
08-18-2012, 04:17 AM
Expendables 2 was awesome.

mastodon421
08-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Saw The Campaign last night, yet another great 2012 comedy. A lot of funny moments, but my favorites had to be the two dinner scenes, Will Ferrell's character's voice mail was priceless.

dcmetal108
08-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Saw Bourne Legacy. It's good but its almost just a giant buildup story for future films.

ShatteredFlame
08-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Expendables 2 was awesome.

Agreed way better than the first one and this was the funnest time I've had in the theaters all year.