PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Kiss / Motley Crue

Steev
01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Blockbuster tour alert! Well, if all those rumors about Motley Crue breaking up after their Las Vegas residency were getting you down, here’s a new rumor to cheer you up! The rock site BraveWords has it on good authority that Motley Crue and KISS are gearing up to join forces for a mega fall 2012 tour run.

The alleged tour would feature Motley Crue in the support role with KISS headlining behind their upcoming ‘Monster’ album.

As KISS prepare to release ‘Monster,’ Motley Crue are taking up shop at The Joint in Las Vegas for their unprecedented residency in February. You can read all about it here in our exclusive interview with Crue’s madman behind the kit, Tommy Lee.

The combined forces of two of rock’s most theatrical live shows could prove too much for one stage, so please be forwarned that as of this moment, this is strictly a rumor!

As soon as the details are confirmed or denied, we’ll report. Although, here’s some food for thought: Nikki Sixx DID say that the Vegas residency would launch the biggest years of the band’s career.

Maidenmagic
01-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Although I'm not a fan of motley crue, I skimmed over an interview and Nikki sixx said they would be doing a co-headlong tour with a major band. I thought "Either Van Halen or Kiss." I was actually thinking about them touring with Kiss yesterday...

NickLed19
01-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Sounds alot better than Def Leppard/Poison part 2.

ravenheart
01-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Meh. Like them both, but don't care for this.

dcmetal108
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Always wanted to see Crue live but since KISS is one of my all time favorite bands I'll go for sure.

KillerCannabis
01-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Not interested in Crue per se, but I'll go for KISS and prob end up watching them anyway.

noahj
01-06-2012, 01:55 PM
I'll need to get a second mortgage on my house for a couple tickets.

Christen
01-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I'll be there in a heart-beat.

hellawaits77ny
01-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Tix will be $753 each.

Maiden33
01-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Copy-and-pasted from my Facebook earlier:

"Another volume in the "Who Cares?" Chronicles: There's a rumor that Kiss and Motley Crue are touring together. Maybe you can re-mortgage your house for tickets! Why pay $18 or 20 to see a GREAT band in an intimate setting that truly needs and deserves your money when you can see a washed up band that's 20+ years past their prime for $80-100+, just because they have songs on the radio?!?"

powerslave_85
01-06-2012, 06:42 PM

"Another volume in the "Who Cares?" Chronicles: There's a rumor that Kiss and Motley Crue are touring together. Maybe you can re-mortgage your house for tickets! Why pay $18 or 20 to see a GREAT band in an intimate setting that truly needs and deserves your money when you can see a washed up band that's 20+ years past their prime for $80-100+, just because they have songs on the radio?!?"
:party:

hellawaits77ny
01-06-2012, 06:43 PM

Exactly my thoughts as well! I like KISS, but I won't pay their ticket prices.

PowerMaiden
01-06-2012, 07:08 PM
they should name their tour ''The Has Been'' tour

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

noahj
01-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Ya my little boy would love to see Kiss, but i'm not paying to see them again.

Like the above poster, i can see numerous great bands playing small venues compared to one Kiss show. Makes my decision rather easy. I can list about 4 or 5 shows already for this year i can go for the price of a Kiss show and be within 100ft of the stage.

Magson13
01-06-2012, 08:46 PM

If I wrote this post, everyone would be calling me a troll for saying it.

es156
01-06-2012, 08:58 PM

Or maybe because they like the music? Or maybe because they want to see a "show?" Or maybe because they don't have to "re-mortgage" the house to afford a $100 concert ticket?

:tp:

Don't get me wrong, I love club shows, but I also like arena shows. I also like seeing bands that I grew up with and have listened to for many years. Who cares if someone on the internet thinks they are "washed up" or a "waste of money?"

And I am not even necessarily defending these two bands, but I would definitely consider going to this show.

rjturtle9
01-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Or maybe because they like the music? Or maybe because they want to see a "show?" Or maybe because they don't have to "re-mortgage" the house to afford a $100 concert ticket?

Don't get me wrong, I love club shows, but I also like arena shows. I also like seeing bands that I grew up with and have listened to for many years. Who cares if someone on the internet thinks they are "washed up" or a "waste of money?"

And I am not even necessarily defending these two bands, but I would definitely consider going to this show.

This! I will try to make this show since both bands put on amazing shows.

hellawaits77ny
01-06-2012, 09:22 PM

I like arena shows, too. But you have to agree though, that KISS tickets are extremely over priced. Most shows I've looked up have been $60-$80 for nose bleeds. I think that's excessive.

And yes, I paid $100+ for Big 4 tix. Yes, I thought that was excessive, as well. I just don't think a "normal" KISS show should be as expensive as they are.

Maiden33
01-06-2012, 09:22 PM

Wow, I did NOT expect to get that response from you. I posted this on Facebook earlier and was expecting to get flamed for it, but I actually got an overwhelmingly positive response for it.

1st off - I'm not downplaying artists who are big for the fact that they are big and charge a lot for tickets, god knows I've paid $100+ for Maiden tickets on multiple occasions, and I have paid a pretty hefty price for one or two other artists. But Maiden is also a pretty different animal than the sort of bands I'm talking about with that post. Maiden never really had US commercial success in their entire career, and for a band their size, they have easily one of the most knowledgeable, devoted fanbases out there - Rush is a similar animal. But bands like Motley Crue, Def Leppard, etc - are absolutely just cruising through the twilight of their career based solely on the fact that they had hits 25 years ago and that a large chunk of the public are idiotic enough to still pay big bucks to see them now because of that fact.

I know there is something to be said for the spectacle of a "show", like a band like Maiden puts on, and no, you can not get that at a club show. I love those big spectacle shows as well, but meh. I know that it's not the way everyone feels, but honestly if I were to make a list of my 25 favorite shows (out of around 110-115 or so), all but one or two of them would be at places that held 1,200 people or less. I'd rather have a personal interaction with a band than stare at a cool light show for 2 hours and pay four times as much money - but that's just me. Also, as an artist trying to break into the industry, I am 10x more inclined to give my money to bands that are struggling in some sense. Why would I want to pay $100 a ticket to a bunch of millionaires who haven't held a real job in 30 years, live in mansions, and can do whatever they want with their careers as opposed to pay $20 a ticket to a band who have to balance their music career with full-time day jobs and bust their asses to further themselves to ensure that they even CAN tour, or CAN make a new album?

Also - the whole re-mortgaging your house thing was clearly supposed to be a joke and an exaggeration.

hiddenzombie013
01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Wow, I did NOT expect to get that response from you. I posted this on Facebook earlier and was expecting to get flamed for it, but I actually got an overwhelmingly positive response for it.

1st off - I'm not downplaying artists who are big for the fact that they are big and charge a lot for tickets, god knows I've paid $100+ for Maiden tickets on multiple occasions, and I have paid a pretty hefty price for one or two other artists. But Maiden is also a pretty different animal than the sort of bands I'm talking about with that post. Maiden never really had US commercial success in their entire career, and for a band their size, they have easily one of the most knowledgeable, devoted fanbases out there - Rush is a similar animal. But bands like Motley Crue, Def Leppard, etc - are absolutely just cruising through the twilight of their career based solely on the fact that they had hits 25 years ago and that a large chunk of the public are idiotic enough to still pay big bucks to see them now because of that fact.

I know there is something to be said for the spectacle of a "show", like a band like Maiden puts on, and no, you can not get that at a club show. I love those big spectacle shows as well, but meh. I know that it's not the way everyone feels, but honestly if I were to make a list of my 25 favorite shows (out of around 110-115 or so), all but one or two of them would be at places that held 1,200 people or less. I'd rather have a personal interaction with a band than stare at a cool light show for 2 hours and pay four times as much money - but that's just me. Also, as an artist trying to break into the industry, I am 10x more inclined to give my money to bands that are struggling in some sense. Why would I want to pay $100 a ticket to a bunch of millionaires who haven't held a real job in 30 years, live in mansions, and can do whatever they want with their careers as opposed to pay $20 a ticket to a band who have to balance their music career with full-time day jobs and bust their asses to further themselves to ensure that they even CAN tour, or CAN make a new album?

Also - the whole re-mortgaging your house thing was clearly supposed to be a joke and an exaggeration.

This is still incredibly biased though. So it's justified for a band to charge a lot for an arena show as long as they don't have hits? I'm sure that's not what you mean, but that's how it sounds. If people had no interest in seeing these bands still, then they wouldn't be able to play arenas like they have been for decades. I saw both Def Leppard/Heart and Motley Crue/Poison last summer, and they were each packed. Yes, they do play pretty much entirely hits, but there are tons that grew up on those bands and love them to this day.

I agree are a bit expensive for the most part (I paid about $70 for decent Crue tickets, although I was able to get solid seats for Leppard for $20), but people love them, and they aren't idiotic for having a different opinion. Plus, Crue's show had a pretty high production, with the drum coaster and all. This Kiss/Crue tour I'm sure will also be high production, like Kiss's shows always are. I do agree that bands like Maiden are much better live, which is part of a reason why their fan bases are so dedicated. But all of these bands have an audience.

Anyways, I might consider going to this tour myself. I've never seen Kiss before, and I always heard about how good they were live. Motley was solid when I saw them, but I could do without seeing them again, so me going will probably depend on price and whoever they get as the opener.

bt11763
01-07-2012, 12:18 AM
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/thinkingabouttouchdowns.jpg

MetalIsArt
01-07-2012, 01:08 AM
I'll see this.

Epidemic Reign
01-07-2012, 01:33 AM
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/thinkingabouttouchdowns.jpg

This pretty much sums up how I feel about this whole ordeal.

Maidenmagic
01-07-2012, 05:44 AM
I've been to 4 concerts. 3 in arenas, one in an ampitheater. Metallica, Maiden, Megadeth, Rush. With the exception of Metallica, Fan based shows. With Metallica, there's a lot of Black album people.) I've never seen a show in a club and probably never will.

Kiss has a lot of special effects in their shows. Special effects cost money. So Higher ticket prices. I think it's the same with Crue.

MetalIsArt
01-07-2012, 06:07 AM
I've been to 4 concerts. 3 in arenas, one in an ampitheater. Metallica, Maiden, Megadeth, Rush. With the exception of Metallica, Fan based shows. With Metallica, there's a lot of Black album people.) I've never seen a show in a club and probably never will.

Kiss has a lot of special effects in their shows. Special effects cost money. So Higher ticket prices. I think it's the same with Crue.

Kiss' stage for this tour will be making use of modern technology, according to Gene $immon$

Maidenmagic
01-07-2012, 06:16 AM
So instead of spitting up blood, he'll be spitting up i-pods? :D

dcmetal108
01-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Yea a KISS live show is so over the top that it has to be in a amplitheater. Saw in them in 2010 and during a few shows Paul flew over the crowd onto a smaller revolving stage in the crowd.

Way to big to not be in a arena type venue.

Steev
01-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Yea a KISS live show is so over the top that it has to be in a amplitheater. Saw in them in 2010 and during a few shows Paul flew over the crowd onto a smaller revolving stage in the crowd.

Way to big to not be in a arena type venue.

It is a great show, I saw Kiss in 2004 and 2009 and both were great shows

electrocute1031
01-07-2012, 10:44 AM
saw crue last summer, they were great. Haven't seen Kiss since 03/04, whenever the Kiss/Aerosmith tour was. Would definitely try and save up to see this show.

MetalIsArt
01-08-2012, 02:54 AM
So instead of spitting up blood, he'll be spitting up i-pods? :D

No, Ipads. ;)

Maidenmagic
01-08-2012, 06:20 AM
Since he can fit that big tongue in there I guess he can fit ipads in his mouth too. :tongue:

converge241
01-09-2012, 04:37 AM
Nikki Sixx around 97 - "we wouldnt open for KISS"

Steev
01-09-2012, 06:08 AM
Nikki Sixx around 97 - "we wouldnt open for KISS"

Nikki Sixx around 04 - "We'd never tour with Poison"

;)

ravenheart
03-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Looks like this will be confirmed next week.

Vince Neil: “It’s going to be really cool because KISS is bringing their full stage show, and Motley will be bringing our full stage show, so you are going to see two huge headliners at the same time. It’s going to be one of the biggest tours of the summer, if not the biggest.”

300%_Density
03-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Can't wait. We'll play over/under game to see how close floor seats will be. I'm going to go w/ $200 and probably take the over.

dcmetal108
03-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Also for people that don't know. From what I understand opening the show will be none other than "Steel Panther".

christopher
03-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Awesome! I've been listening to a lot of Crue lately and was hoping they would come back here soon. I would love to see Steel Panther open for MC :D I don't care about Kiss so I'll probably leave early.;)

dcmetal108
03-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Awesome! I've been listening to a lot of Crue lately and was hoping they would come back here soon. I would love to see Steel Panther open for MC :D I don't care about Kiss so I'll probably leave early.;)

Two things :

First : From what I understand though Crue and Panther don't get along. Apparently Crue (Vince) hates Steel Panther.

Second : How does someone not like Kiss? That's blasphemy.

hiddenzombie013
03-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Two things :

First : From what I understand though Crue and Panther don't get along. Apparently Crue (Vince) hates Steel Panther.

Well Crue did a UK tour last year with Def Leppard and Steel Panther opened it, so I don't see why they couldn't open this. Which would be awesome, since I've never seen Kiss and was gonna go to this. :D

sfhui
03-14-2012, 04:24 PM
KISS is playin on Jimmy Kimmel live on Mar 20th.
http://www.1iota.com/

got my tickets:D

Solarian13
03-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Sweet, I love big arena rock shows. I've always enjoyed Motley Crue's live show, and I haven't seen KISS yet so to see them both together would definitely be awesome! This runs from July to September, so I hope they can manage to fit in some dates in (Western) Canada somewhere in there.

mankvill
03-14-2012, 04:41 PM
I gotta see Kiss before they retire.

IrritatedTrout
03-14-2012, 06:18 PM
I'd like to see Kiss again but I hate Crue and I'm sure I'll hate the ticket price even more.

dcmetal108
03-14-2012, 06:20 PM
This is prolly the only show that I'll blow over $100 a ticket for.

christopher
03-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Two things :

I can see how Crue would hate Steel Panther. They are just mocking the whole glam scene.

Ehh maybe I'll give Kiss another shot but I just never got into them back in the day. I'm going to get shit for this, but I was at a Kiss concert in 2010 and left before Kiss went on. It was Kiss and Eminem at Epicenter haha.

xa123
03-14-2012, 06:31 PM
I hope this doesn't come to Heavy MTL/Heavy TO, Kiss already played there last year.

elturtleboy
03-14-2012, 07:03 PM
I gotta see Kiss before they retire.

LA is getting a free short Kiss show for Jimmy Kimmel live next week... ...
KANSAS SUCKS!

christopher
03-14-2012, 07:04 PM
KANSAS SUCKS!

I can't imagine Kiss playing a 5 song set on Kimmel haha

dcmetal108
03-14-2012, 07:32 PM
I can see how Crue would hate Steel Panther. They are just mocking the whole glam scene.

Ehh maybe I'll give Kiss another shot but I just never got into them back in the day. I'm going to get shit for this, but I was at a Kiss concert in 2010 and left before Kiss went on. It was Kiss and Eminem at Epicenter haha.

Their new album is all new original songs just mocking the glam scene. They are all extremely talented and from what I've heard it's only Vince who doesn't like them. But Vince is a douche so it doesn't matter.

mankvill
03-14-2012, 07:45 PM
KANSAS SUCKS!

:confused:

>implying Kiss is any reason to get jealous of you
>sweaty man grapple
>not liking pop punk
>ishiggydiggydoo

Christen
03-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Sweet. Mötley Crüe was the first concert I've ever seen and KISS was definitely one of the best, I'd be stoked to see this.

I hope that if there is a date around here it's in August since I have nothing else going on that month.

ravenheart
03-15-2012, 04:46 AM
I wish the Steel Panther joke would just end already.

converge241
03-15-2012, 04:46 AM
1997 Nikki Sixx "we would never open for KISS..."

This was when interest was still lukewarm on the reunion (playing to 1/3 and 1/2 empty arenas) and KISS was megahot on the makuep reunion. I laughed at them blowing the offers off then now that they have come back a bit now they will hilarious.

christopher
03-15-2012, 08:45 AM
I love Steel Panther, but seeing them live is kind of annoying. I want to hear their original material when I see them live. When they play their weekly show in Hollywood, they tend to fill their set with 75% covers and maybe 3 or 4 originals. I get jealous of the touring set that is almost all original material :(

Steev
03-15-2012, 08:47 AM
I love Steel Panther, but seeing them live is kind of annoying. I want to hear their original material when I see them live. When they play their weekly show in Hollywood, they tend to fill their set with 75% covers and maybe 3 or 4 originals. I get jealous of the touring set that is almost all original material :(

the only time I saw them was Rock On The Range last year and they did all originals(great set too, one of my favorite performances of the weekend)

ravenheart
03-15-2012, 08:54 AM
This was when interest was still lukewarm on the reunion (playing to 1/3 and 1/2 empty arenas) and KISS was megahot on the makuep reunion. I laughed at them blowing the offers off then now that they have come back a bit now they will hilarious.

Most of that sentence doesn't even make sense.

hiddenzombie013
03-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Most of that sentence doesn't even make sense.

Translation:

"The quote was made during a time when the reception of Motley Crue's reunion was lukewarm, but Kiss's reunion was megahot. I thought it was funny how they blew off the offers back then, but it is hilarious that they are going through with this now, considering that MC has become more popular again."

Seems right.

Travis The Dragon
03-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Tour dates are going to be announced Tuesday. http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171350

AnthG
03-18-2012, 12:30 AM

Because Kiss sucks.

TonyD
03-18-2012, 02:23 AM
Because Kiss sucks.

Tell me about how you don't watch the Oscars and that the Super Bowl is stupid.

AnthG
03-18-2012, 08:48 AM
I didn't watch the Oscars this year because I was seeing Children of Bodom on the same night. I watched the Super Bowl though. Shame the Patriots lost.

sleepstalking
03-19-2012, 01:33 AM
I think I may have to see this tour...KISS "Farewell" Tour was my first concert of all time and it remains one of my favorite concert memories :)

MetalIsArt
03-19-2012, 03:08 AM
Imagine Maiden playing arena shows with the same ticket prices...

"DIS MUST BE SEEN NO METHULFAN CAN MIZ ITT"

marker
03-19-2012, 01:36 PM
I'll probably go to this but it would be better without Crue. Vince can't sing anymore and having Crue on the bill will just jack up the price and take time away from Kiss.

IrritatedTrout
03-19-2012, 04:12 PM
^ Exactly.

Christen
03-19-2012, 05:23 PM
I paid 20 bucks last time I saw KISS, but then my friend who bought the tickets was pretty drunk.

TonyD
03-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Our rock radio station is saying there's a "huuuuge announcement this week for Bone Bash # whatever", and I'm sure it's this. All they do now is slap their name on an existing tour, whereas before they would actually get two tours to converge or at least get some other significant bands together.

MetalIsArt
03-20-2012, 03:11 AM
So, I heard Kiss is going to use some new show elements?

ravenheart
03-20-2012, 06:15 AM
Having to wait until 2013 to maybe get a chance of seeing KISS again = suckage.

MetalIsArt
03-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Having to wait until 2013 to maybe get a chance of seeing KISS again = suckage.

This.

velvetgrass
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm thinking about possibly seeing this if it comes to Wisconsin or a venue in Chicago besides First Midwest Bank Amphitheater. I just got into Kiss and they would be my reason for going.

The only thing is that I don't know how I feel about Motley Crue as I only know 2 of their songs: Dr. Feelgood which rocks and Girls, Girls, Girls which I don't like. Will have to get a couple of their albums to see what I think of them overall. Well I guess we'll see the announcement in about an hour.

girnny777
03-20-2012, 02:29 PM
So... how about that announcement...

Christen
03-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Weren't the dates supposed to be posted at 5 EST? Checked KISS' site and checked Motley Crue's site, nothing.

natureboy
03-20-2012, 02:31 PM
http://www.kissonline.com/tour

girnny777
03-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Wow, I literally JUST checked their site and it was empty.

Looks like I'll be making the trek to Jones Beach again. I was really hoping they would play Mohegan Sun since both bands ALWAYS do, but I'll take what I can get.

Christen
03-20-2012, 02:35 PM
No Canadian dates apart from Toronto :(. Hopefully they'll be a separate Canadian tour at some point.

electrocute1031
03-20-2012, 02:37 PM
For those wanting to see the press conference here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDUDUBciMIs&feature=player_embedded

dcmetal108
03-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Sept 7th 2012
Tinley Park

Watching the live video now.

dcmetal108
03-20-2012, 02:56 PM
JUST ANNOUNCED:

Each band will play about 90 minutes.

IrritatedTrout
03-20-2012, 03:03 PM
I might get a lawn ticket for VA Beach, I'll save my money and buy an up close seat for Kiss when they're touring by themselves.

velvetgrass
03-20-2012, 03:05 PM
September 8- Alpine Valley :eek:

How fast do you think these tickets would sell out, excluding the lawn? I just know within 17 minutes of the general public ticket release, Radiohead sold out every seat in Tinley Park except the lawn.

dcmetal108
I'll be buying tickets as close as possible.

christopher
I'll be happy to see MC do a 90 minute set :D I think I'll get myself a lawn seat if its not too expensive.

kalfitegrdan
03-20-2012, 03:34 PM
I'll be happy to see MC do a 90 minute set :D I think I'll get myself a lawn seat if its not too expensive.

This.

Motley Crue was awesome when I saw them at Ozzfest a few years ago and I really want to see Kiss. And also Steel Panther, if it's true that they're opening.

Onioner
03-20-2012, 03:35 PM
JUST ANNOUNCED:

Each band will play about 90 minutes.

That's a good deal I suppose, but I wouldn't mind dropping Crüe if it meant that Kiss did their usual two hour show. This is gonna be an awesome show regardless though, I'll be attending the Concord date. And if Steel Panther really are opening and playing no covers, then that'll make it even better.

300%_Density
03-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Might have to go do Tulsa show. Kiss blew me away a few years ago!!!!

dcmetal108
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Yea the other time I saw Kiss they played for nearly 3 hours so 90 minutes is a big difference but I'll still go.

Anyword on if Panther is opening?

Nater
03-20-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm tempted to go to the Concord, MA show. It's a lot closer then Mansfield and this looks like it will be a good time. Maybe Kiss will play Forever and let me be a happy man.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
I was on live nation looking at the show I planned on attending... Woahhhhhh. After service fees... Lawn is 48$ and seats are 185$ (yep, one hundred eighty five dollars - thats no typo). I think I'll pass or get lawn. Ridiculous!!!

detuned
03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
thats concord california

dcmetal108
03-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Last time I saw KISS I had bought two lawn seats for $10 a piece since they were selling them cheap at Uproar tour then when I got to the kiss show I upgraded both seats to 100 level for $20 a piece. Ended up middle of the row right side of stage maybe 60 feet away.

velvetgrass
03-20-2012, 05:03 PM
I was on live nation looking at the show I planned on attending... Woahhhhhh. After service fees... Lawn is 48$ and seats are 185$ (yep, one hundred eighty five dollars - thats no typo). I think I'll pass or get lawn. Ridiculous!!!

Are you sure ALL the seats are $185? Because assuming most of the shows they are playing are outdoor pavilions/amphitheaters wouldn't like the Level 100 seats be more than the Level 200 seats? I don't know I haven't been to a show like that yet, Radiohead will be my first of that type on June 10.

ShatteredFlame
03-20-2012, 05:05 PM
damn i was hoping it would be during the summer but my date is a month into the school year, still its a possibility since it's on a weekend

Wow, I literally JUST checked their site and it was empty.

Looks like I'll be making the trek to Jones Beach again. I was really hoping they would play Mohegan Sun since both bands ALWAYS do, but I'll take what I can get.

any reason you're not going to the Hartford date?

electrocute1031
03-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Around what I expected sadly. Will either get the cheaper seats, or else I'd skip Mayhem Fest.

snowdog2112
03-20-2012, 05:41 PM

Guaranteed those prices will drop and they will have some kind of ticket deals

girnny777
03-20-2012, 05:53 PM
damn i was hoping it would be during the summer but my date is a month into the school year, still its a possibility since it's on a weekend

any reason you're not going to the Hartford date?

It wasn't there when I checked, but since they're playing there I'll definitely go there, frig Jones Beach.

Steev
03-20-2012, 09:48 PM
I actually saw a commercial for this running on TV, which is rare for concerts here

hellawaits77ny
03-20-2012, 10:06 PM
They're each gonna get 90 minutes? Bummer. I'll pass.

TonyD
03-20-2012, 11:45 PM
In Concord, $39-$188? lol fuck u

rjturtle9
03-20-2012, 11:56 PM

20 bucks after fees! Let's go, get drunk, and fuck milfs!!

Magson13
03-21-2012, 01:02 AM
$159 after service charges for the front section. When KISS played at this venue two years ago, the front section was orchestra seating. Whenever Crue plays here, it's GA Pit. If it's seating, I'll pass. If it's pit, I'm going.

Steev
03-21-2012, 06:08 AM
$159 after service charges for the front section. When KISS played at this venue two years ago, the front section was orchestra seating. Whenever Crue plays here, it's GA Pit. If it's seating, I'll pass. If it's pit, I'm going.

it's most likely seating because of Kiss

Maideneer
03-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Jones Beach - I'll probably buy a cheap seat w/o service charges since I'll be at a lot of shows during the summer. No way these things are selling out.

Steev
03-21-2012, 08:32 AM
so I signed up for the Kiss Army to get presale tix, and apparently only the "Premium" members get them first

also the "Meet and Greets" are 1,300 bucks

MetalIsArt
03-21-2012, 08:43 AM
so I signed up for the Kiss Army to get presale tix, and apparently only the "Premium" members get them first

also the "Meet and Greets" are 1,300 bucks

And if you'd meet Gene Simmons, he'll make you pay even more.

Steev
03-21-2012, 08:52 AM
And if you'd meet Gene Simmons, he'll make you pay even more.

Which btw looking at where the seats are for the Crue M&G its not worth it(I mean it was already way too expensive but the seats aren't even in the closest section)

MetalIsArt
03-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Which btw looking at where the seats are for the Crue M&G its not worth it(I mean it was already way too expensive but the seats aren't even in the closest section)

I have made up my mind: I won't ever meet my "icons". There has to be a certain distance, there's a reason they are up there and I'm not.

And yes, I do know that Gene is all about money, just look at the ridiculous amount of merchandise, seen on facebook...

Steev
03-21-2012, 09:56 AM
ended up doing the Kiss Army presale for Camden, Sec 104 Row F(which looking at the chart is roughly 14th row)

and on Gene/Nikki side of the stage

christopher
03-21-2012, 05:33 PM
The lawn tickets are $22-$40 after charges. I'm really confused why there are two different prices for the same lawn. Maybe there are a limited amount of the cheaper tickets?

hiddenzombie013
03-21-2012, 10:01 PM
They're having a special here where lawn tickets are only $9 on the first weekend. What an amazing deal! I have to go to this for sure now.

MetalIsArt
03-22-2012, 03:07 AM
The lawn tickets are $22-$40 after charges. I'm really confused why there are two different prices for the same lawn. Maybe there are a limited amount of the cheaper tickets?

Probably...

hiddenzombie013
03-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Just bought my lawn tickets at the venue, and they ended up being $16 total. That's a good deal no matter how you look at it, although the actual seats were a bit too expensive. July 28th can't come soon enough!

velvetgrass
03-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Got tickets for the cheaper seats (section 201) for the Alpine Valley show (9/8), so psyched for Kiss! Not very familiar with Motley Crue, but I listened to their album Dr. Feelgood yesterday, and surprisingly I enjoyed most of it (although there seemed to be a song or two of filler, i.e. "Sticky Sweet")

girnny777
03-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Got tickets for the cheaper seats (section 201) for the Alpine Valley show (9/8), so psyched for Kiss! Not very familiar with Motley Crue, but I listened to their album Dr. Feelgood yesterday, and surprisingly I enjoyed most of it (although there seemed to be a song or two of filler, i.e. "Sticky Sweet")

Check out Shout At The Devil, much better imo.

hellawaits77ny
03-24-2012, 08:41 PM
You guys w/ cheap tix options are lucky. The 2 shows I could potentially make it to are $58 and $62 for the cheapest. Not gonna pay that for 90 minutes of KISS from 900 feet away.

velvetgrass
03-25-2012, 09:52 AM
You guys w/ cheap tix options are lucky. The 2 shows I could potentially make it to are $58 and $62 for the cheapest. Not gonna pay that for 90 minutes of KISS from 900 feet away.

Not that lucky, by cheaper I meant $71 including service fees. Cheaper than the closer seats is what I meant.

dcmetal108
03-25-2012, 01:53 PM
My cousin is buying tickets for me, him, and his girlfriend in about a week. Dead center about 26 rows from the stage. Cost per ticket : $375.00.

Steev
03-28-2012, 06:25 PM
the opener is a UK band called The Treatment

decent hard rock

IrritatedTrout
03-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Saw them open for Alice Cooper in Germany, they kind of suck. I don't understand why Kiss and Crue don't just play longer.

ravenheart
04-17-2012, 07:03 AM
the opener is a UK band called The Treatment

decent hard rock

This is hilarious, although possibly only for me.

The Treatment suck. Crap live, album is pretty awful as well.

They were basically put together by Laurie Mansworth, the guitarist from NWOBHM band Airrace, and before that The Move. Both failed, no one cares about them. He started managing a band called The Hurricane Party, who were quite good, but didn't get anywhere. So they changed their name to Roadstar and got a bit further, but still nowhere really. So they changed their name again to Heaven's Basement and got a new singer. Still haven't really gotten any further than they did as Roadstar, so Mansworth jumps ship, gets The Treatment together with his son on drums and... gets no further really than the others. They still suck and spend most of their time proping up the bottom of the bill at UK festivals and trying to get the opening slot on every rock tour that passes through the UK. Ridiculously covering Roadstar and Move songs along the way, with a bassist who for no apparent reason is called "Swoggle", and looks like a hobbit.

Somehow they're at least managing to get on tours. Half-empty arenas and theatres have been ignoring them on several major tours here. How the fuck they got on this one I've no idea, but I would guess half-empty US arenas will ignore them just as well as we do.

Steev
04-17-2012, 07:17 AM
This is hilarious, although possibly only for me.

The Treatment suck. Crap live, album is pretty awful as well.

They were basically put together by Laurie Mansworth, the guitarist from NWOBHM band Airrace, and before that The Move. Both failed, no one cares about them. He started managing a band called The Hurricane Party, who were quite good, but didn't get anywhere. So they changed their name to Roadstar and got a bit further, but still nowhere really. So they changed their name again to Heaven's Basement and got a new singer. Still haven't really gotten any further than they did as Roadstar, so Mansworth jumps ship, gets The Treatment together with his son on drums and... gets no further really than the others. They still suck and spend most of their time proping up the bottom of the bill at UK festivals and trying to get the opening slot on every rock tour that passes through the UK. Ridiculously covering Roadstar and Move songs along the way, with a bassist who for no apparent reason is called "Swoggle", and looks like a hobbit.

Somehow they're at least managing to get on tours. Half-empty arenas and theatres have been ignoring them on several major tours here. How the fuck they got on this one I've no idea, but I would guess half-empty US arenas will ignore them just as well as we do.

entirely possibly, when Kiss and Poison toured the opener was ZO2(who later were known for a semi-biographical show where they did kid shows to pay the bills)

ravenheart
04-17-2012, 08:29 AM
entirely possibly, when Kiss and Poison toured the opener was ZO2(who later were known for a semi-biographical show where they did kid shows to pay the bills)

Enjoy another shit opener then.

snowdog2112
04-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Enjoy another shit opener then.
Come on you cant get into this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yaBe2hcZDdw#t=68s:finger:

Nater
04-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Come on you cant get into this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yaBe2hcZDdw#t=68s:finger:

Dear god I didn't know someone could take Buckcherry's sound an make it even worse but they did.

dcmetal108
04-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Last time I saw KISS the opener was The Academy Is and they got no reaction from the crowd at all. Even from me and I mildly enjoy them.