PDA

View Full Version : Black dude from Oceano leaves the band

brutal_descent
01-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Remember a few weeks back we had heard a rumor about Chicago douchecore act Oceano throwing in the towel, and we were so fucking jazzed, we beat off out our fourth floor window — and jizzed on those unsuspecting old ladies whilst they were smoking cigarettes on the sidewalk below?
Remember?

Well, it looks like that rumor may have been a little true. The bad news is, Oceano will likely carry on as a band. The mediocre news is that they’ll have to do it without frontman Adam Warren, who basically dispels the notion that all black dudes are hung like giraffes.

Warren commented online tonight about Killswitch Engage booting vocalist Howard Jones.

“I’m shocked, but well…If Killswitch can go on after 9 years and 3 albums without Mr. Jones on vox… Why couldn’t a certain band with out me? (2 albums and a mere 3 years) Just sayin.”

Ah, you’re a douche.

Warren later offered this explanation for leaving Oceano, which, shockingly, is not “Well, I took a cold, hard look at Oceano, realized we were the audio equivalent of a miscarriage, and I bailed.” Nope — he “got a son that’s growing quick to provide for and I don’t wanna miss a second of it. I keep it real. I’m workin on some projects here at home, they’ll pop up when I get time away from father duties to dig deeper.”

Oceano has yet to comment on the matter.

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/oceano-frontman-basically-says-he-quit-the-band/d

treghet
01-04-2012, 08:15 PM
I wonder if they will get another black guy to replace him?

jd091
01-04-2012, 08:22 PM

*cough*howardjones*cough*

larvtard
>refers to frontman as simply "black dude"

RACIST

hellawaits77ny

:lol:

I was gonna post this story earlier. This is funny. I'm interested in seeing how they'll replace this loser. Will they get another asshole "tough guy" w/ no discernable vocal talent, or go for someone who can actually sing death metal.

SCOFF.....he says he is going to provide for his son (which is the right thing for him to do), but from the way this asshole acts and looks, he ain't qualified to do shit. Well, maybe be a bouncer or shed painter for $7.75/hour, or whatever minimum wage is in Illinois.

elturtleboy
01-04-2012, 08:23 PM
LOL!:lol:

makethemsuffer12
01-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Reading this article led me to looking at pictures of this guy's dick. Awesome.

RAZOR
01-04-2012, 08:39 PM
What an excellent thread title. :party:

slapguitarer
01-04-2012, 08:52 PM

Magson just got real excited

dcmetal108
01-04-2012, 08:55 PM
As being the one guy in here that likes Oceano I did like Adam live and both times I've saw him he wasn't a douche live and after meeting him he's actually really nice and down to earth so it is sad to here that he's leaving the band.

hexlax
01-04-2012, 10:12 PM
This is interesting. You'd think (I'd hope) that the only one to quit that shitty band would be the only talented member of the group, the drummer. :confused:

GarageMetal468
01-04-2012, 10:13 PM
This is interesting. You'd think (I'd hope) that the only one to quit that shitty band would be the only talented member of the group, the drummer. :confused:

LOL :lol:

Their drummer is fucking terrible. He can't keep time for shit. And he can't even keep a mid paced double bass beat going without fluttering around 5 seconds in. When I saw them at Summer Slaughter he was the biggest reason why they were horrible.

hexlax
01-04-2012, 10:18 PM
LOL :lol:

Their drummer is fucking terrible. He can't keep time for shit. And he can't even keep a mid paced double bass beat going without fluttering around 5 seconds in. When I saw them at Summer Slaughter he was the biggest reason why they were horrible.

Not saying he's great, I just saw videos of him playing live on youtube, and I found him to be considerably better/talented than everyone else.

xStructualDefect
01-04-2012, 10:41 PM
My black friend was pretty bummed out about today when he found out both Howard and this guy left their bands :lol:

bt11763
01-04-2012, 10:48 PM

http://myfacewhen.com/images/101.jpg

Natrlhi
01-05-2012, 07:31 AM
What an excellent thread title. :party:Hey, it saved him a keystroke.

Also, what Larv said.

Also, this:

http://patrickschmidt.baked.net/albums/Internet3/This_just_in_nobody_cares.jpg

street_burial
01-05-2012, 07:35 AM
from facebook just now

Just to clear everything up, Oceano is NOT looking for a new singer. New England Metal and Hardcore Festival will be one of the last Oceano shows ever, and yes, Adam will be there. Thanks for all of your support

AnataFan4Life
01-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Thats one good thing to happen this year :rocker:

dcmetal108
01-05-2012, 07:49 AM
So it appears Oceano is completely done. Oh well I guess. It was cool having a bigger named bands with members who went to my old high school and apparently lived near me.

mastodon421
01-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Good News: Oceano Is Breaking Up

Bad News: I am probably going to one of their last shows ever:mad:

Natrlhi
01-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Good News: Oceano Is Breaking Up

Bad News: I am probably going to one of their shows :mad:You could have just said this.

street_burial
04-01-2012, 12:55 PM
not sure if bad news or April Fool's joke....

from Oceano's facebook

Don't call it a comeback! OCEANO are excited to reveal that they will NOT be breaking up after this year's New England Metal and Hardcore Festival and will, in fact, record new music. The band is currently hard-at-work writing their next studio album for Earache Records, which is expected in early 2013. Frontman Adam Warren issued the following statement:

"Kinda funny how right around Easter we decide to pull a Jesus and flip the script on what everyone was thinking right?

With rumors running around, and haters trolling in their own discontent, it IS true Oceano will be staying alive and kicking for the rest of 2012 and far beyond.

After essentially removing ourselves entirely from touring and the music aspect of our lives for almost 8 months, we all got to spend time with our families and friends and rediscover "normal" life.

We rarely experienced this being a part of Oceano. So it felt amazing. But also, within all the valuable time home the itch slowly started to come back.

Our "final shows" at the Jamboree and New England Hardcore/Metal Fest began to come closer, yet it just didn’t feel like anywhere near the proper way to end this band.

We all respect and appreciate how far Oceano has come amidst all the bullshit and sidetracking. Prevailing from the entire struggle made it all worth it. We also love and cherish the things we sacrifice to be on the road and perform for all those people who have supported us through it all. So why can’t we have both?

We each took the time to discover the best approach and game plan to have ample time for the things we hold most important at home (family, jobs, etc.) while still being able to do what we love and making a living off of it.

We're beyond stoked to get back to work and infect every listener with our brand of Windy City Death, but this WON'T be the Oceano you knew from last year, or even before that. The stakes are higher, shits gonna get heavier, and we're coming to entice destruction and bloodshed in every city. See you soon. "

Longtime band manager Derek Brewer had this to say:

“I wasn’t going to let something this good go…I am very proud of this band and their accomplishments all the way from the time I first starting working with them when they were playing in front of 30 kids every night at all ages community center shows to selling out well-respected clubs across the US on their last headline tour.

So when the band reached out to me to figure out a way to get things back in action, I was more than eager to do what I could to make it happen.”

OCEANO will be hitting the road heavily in support of this announcement. The band already has three dates planned, including the Jamboree in Toledo, OH, the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival and a hometown throwdown show in Chicago.

Plans are underway for them to participate in a large-scale summer tour in the US (TBA) and their return to Europe for a full tour this fall.

hellawaits77ny
04-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Oh, Derek Brewer. I thought we were boys!!!1 He's also Dying Fetus' manager. Nice dude, but c'mon!!!

detuned
04-01-2012, 01:17 PM
chicago show listing and "final show" removed from metal fest flyer a couple days ago, so unless they are in on it, i would say its not a joke

http://www.theprp.com/2012/03/29/news/oceano-touring-rumors-heat-up/

metallicbrian666
04-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Awesome marketing tactic: when people start to care slightly less about you, take a vacation and say you're gonna break up and get your name in the headlines, and then just kidding guys we got the ITCH back

GarageMetal468
04-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Called it

dcmetal108
04-01-2012, 01:31 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!