PDA

View Full Version : THE HUMAN ABSTRACT Breaks Up

brutal_descent
01-01-2012, 05:20 PM
The new year comes filled with hope for great music, but sadly we must first say goodbye to California metal act The Human Abstract.

We realize news of the band’s breakup may seem sudden, it certainly caught us off guard, but a little bit of research following some reader emails confirmed this sad news to be true. Bassist Henry Selva commented on the status of the band only a few days ago via his personal Facebook, stating:

“Folks, we are not looking for a new vocalist. We are not touring anytime soon. I think it’s only fair you guys know that we’re on “break or hiatus if you will.” I don’t know why we haven’t said anything. I guess it’s because there is always that “maybe if something happens, etc..etc…” Or maybe it’s hard for us to realize the reality of our situation, the bands situation, to finally let go. I’ll be honest when I say the folllowing: Periphery and Never Say Die were our last tours together as a band.”

The Human Abstract were an immensely talented group and their absence will be felt in the metal community for the foreseeable future. We want to wish all the members the best of luck in future endeavors and will keep you updated as further comments/confirmation is received.

http://underthegunreview.net/2012/01/01/rest-in-peace-the-human-abstract/

Really fucking pissed about this. Would've absolutely loved to see them, especially after listening to Digital Veil all year. They were much better than most of the proggy core bands anyway.

:(

brutal_descent
01-01-2012, 05:23 PM
The fact that their final tour was a tour with Emmure, Suicide Silence, As Blood Runs Black, The Word Alive, Vanna, and Deez Nuts is just insult to injury. :mad:

Steev
01-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Pissed I never got to see them, when they actually did play Philly it'd be with someone shitty like Dir En Grey

MPF
01-01-2012, 07:07 PM
It really sucks. I wasn't the biggest fan of them, but damn they had some talent.

R.I.P.

dcmetal108
01-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Really liked Digital Veil so it sucks to hear this news.

DementedX14
01-01-2012, 07:47 PM
What a way to start the new year.

Nick_to_the_face
01-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Never heard them... :eyes:

GarageMetal468
01-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Sucks, I used to play Nocturne all the time a couple years ago. But in my opinion, they went way downhill when AJ left for the first time.

christopher
01-01-2012, 09:51 PM
I saw them back in 2005 open for Winds of Plague and Time for Change. It was cool, but I never really got into them.

jd091
01-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Sucks, I used to play Nocturne all the time a couple years ago. But in my opinion, they went way downhill when AJ left for the first time.

Oh hell yeah, Midhaven was a giant piece of shit. But AJ came back for Digital Veil; it's almost as good as Nocturne in my opinion.

Sucks big time. Would have liked to see them sometime. RIP

xStructualDefect
01-02-2012, 01:36 AM
I used to play Nocturne a lot a few years ago. I remember listening to Midhaven and thinking it was horrible. I liked some of Digital Veil but maybe never gave the album a full listen.

Epidemic Reign
01-02-2012, 04:37 AM
Pissed I never got to see them, when they actually did play Philly it'd be with someone shitty like Dir En Grey

What kind of fairy tale do you live in where Dir en Grey is a shitty band and 5FDP isn't?

Steev
01-02-2012, 06:33 AM
What kind of fairy tale do you live in where Dir en Grey is a shitty band and 5FDP isn't?

Reality

jd091
01-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Reality

:lol: