PDA

View Full Version : AnthG's one post worthy Top 10 albums of 2011

AnthG
12-23-2011, 03:46 PM
No backstory, no real reasoning other than "I liked these albums better than other albums" this year, and no countdown. I'm way too lazy for that.

1. Revocation - Chaos of Forms
2. Skeletonwitch - Forever Abomination
3. Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever
4. Rise Against - Endgame
5. Chimaira - The Age of Hell
6. Unearth - Darkness in the Light
7. DevilDriver - Beast
8. Tech N9ne - Welcome to Strangeland
9. Machine Head - Unto the Locust
10. Within Temptation - The Unforgiving

This year was kind of weak when it came to music. I said the same thing last year. Not because there was a lot of bad stuff. Quite the contrary, A lot of albums i listened to this year were at least decent, but other than maybe the first 4 or so on that list, nothing really blew me away or got me all that excited. I think the last time that happened was in 2009.

EDIT: Can a Mod change the thread title to 2011? Thanks, and my bad.

MPF
12-23-2011, 03:54 PM
It's Official....

AnthG is a Time Wizard!

jhdeity
12-24-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm thinking you and I will be the only 2 with Chimaira in our Top 10. I think that cd is way better than people give it credit for.

illninoese
12-24-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm thinking you and I will be the only 2 with Chimaira in our Top 10. I think that cd is way better than people give it credit for.

Ahh think again. I haven't posted my lists yet but The Age of Hell will surely be in the top 10. Chimaira keep getting better and better. Austin D'amond was a great replacement for Andols as well as Sean Zatorsky. He's found a way to incorporate the electronics even better than Spicuzza did. I am crushed to see that Mark is currently the only original member of the band left though. They have come such a long way. I hope the new lineup changes pave the way for their future albums.