PDA

View Full Version : RANDY BLYTHE to sing for CANNIBAS CORPSE at Cory Smoot benefit show!

jd091
12-22-2011, 09:02 PM
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/breakups/cannabis-corpse-lose-two-members-randy-blythe-to-fill-in-for-one-show

On January 7th in Richmond, VA, with proceeds going to help Cory's wife and unborn kid. Apparently a couple guys quit from Cannabis Corpse, so Randy called up and said he'd do vocals for 'em since Cory was a friend of his.

Woah... this would be pretty fucking awesome to see! :eek: :shred:

larvtard
12-22-2011, 09:35 PM
I mean, I'd rather their original vocalist, but this should be, um... interesting :eyes:

MPF
12-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Mentioned this in the other Cannibis Corpse thread, I guess this is worthy of it's own thread.

Indestructible
12-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Cool. I will finally be able to understand the lyrics.:D:D

hellawaits77ny
12-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Sorry if I piss anyone off here, as I don't know the COMPLETE story...................but these guys quit less than 3 weeks before Cory Smoot's benefit? Classy

elturtleboy
12-23-2011, 01:16 AM
Cool. I will finally be able to understand the lyrics.:D:D

Its almost 2012, listen to good metal so the world wont end.

Crionics
12-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Might be going to this, I'll see how things go.

BloodoftheKings
12-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Sorry if I piss anyone off here, as I don't know the COMPLETE story...................but these guys quit less than 3 weeks before Cory Smoot's benefit? Classy

Seriously.

And someone who's going to this benefit show better get good footage of DBX and this CC set. The DBX footage from Gwar BQ sucked.

mastodon421
12-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Yeah that's a complete dick move to lead before a benefit show. Kudos To Randy for stepping up though and doing vocals, shows how much of a class act he is.

Wizzbang11
12-23-2011, 08:36 AM
It's a fucking awful idea and it's unfortunate anyone other than Andy ever has to sing for CC, especially someone like Randy Blythe.

The only people who haven't quit Cannabis Corpse at this point are Landphil and his brother. Also Andy and Nick are some of the nicest people ever (especially Andy!) and everyone in the band was friends with GWAR and that whole scene, so while it's true the full story hasn't come out (and I doubt it ever will) I'd say it's a safe bet that Landphil is the cause of this breakup, and since it's his band they can't quite remove him from it. Who knows if it's musical dedication, change in style, person shit etc., but I'm sure they wouldn't leave without reason.

jd091
12-23-2011, 09:37 AM
It's a fucking awful idea and it's unfortunate anyone other than Andy ever has to sing for CC, especially someone like Randy Blythe.

My Metal Elitist Detector's readings are off the charts!

BloodoftheKings
01-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Cannabis Corpse rehearsal with Randy (http://www.twitvid.com/IMUVK)

christopher
01-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Cannabis Corpse rehearsal with Randy (http://www.twitvid.com/IMUVK)

When did Randy get dreads? :lol:

larvtard
01-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Goddamn that's a fucking disappointment, I wanted Randy to scream in his LOG voice

Nater
01-04-2012, 07:18 PM
When did Randy get dreads? :lol:

I think those are extensions? Either way It's awesome and hilarious.

hellawaits77ny
01-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Can't tell what beer Randy is pounding. Can anyone tell?

Masked Assasin RVA
01-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Yeah that's a complete dick move to lead before a benefit show. Kudos To Randy for stepping up though and doing vocals, shows how much of a class act he is.

Andy and Nick were planning on doing the show and other booked commitments. They weren't going to leave anyone hanging.

The new lineup is already in the works... Why wait to start fresh?

New singers are currently being auditioned.

The string player looks like the same lead guitarist that played with them on the Cannabis Corpse / Hate Eternal tour.

Crionics
01-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Andy and Nick were planning on doing the show and other booked commitments. They weren't going to leave anyone hanging.

The new lineup is already in the works... Why wait to start fresh?

New singers are currently being auditioned.

The string player looks like the same lead guitarist that played with them on the Cannabis Corpse / Hate Eternal tour.

Why hello fellow my Richmond Virginian.

hellawaits77ny
01-05-2012, 08:55 PM

So what's your point? Pretty sure they left their bandmates in Cannabis Corpse hanging, as well as their fans.

Maybe you wrote what you meant incorrectly...............?

Magson13
01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Why hello fellow my Richmond Virginian.

Virginia Beach>Richmond

BloodoftheKings
01-08-2012, 04:39 PM
The whole Cannabis Corpse set from the benefit show has been put up on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwCP3L9x5Bs&feature=youtu.be#death

dcmetal108
01-08-2012, 04:56 PM
He actually doesn't sound that bad.

Masked Assasin RVA
01-16-2012, 08:39 PM
So what's your point? Pretty sure they left their bandmates in Cannabis Corpse hanging, as well as their fans.

Maybe you wrote what you meant incorrectly...............?

Like I said, they announced their intent to leave the band. It was not their decision to not do these shows. That was from the remainder of the band.

How is that leaving anyone hanging?
"Hey I want to leave do do my own thing, it's been real, I'll do all the shows we have on the books until you find a suitable replacement"
I find that pretty admirable.

As far as fans, they will get over it. It's kind of petty to say they left fans hanging. What do you do when you hate your job and there is nothing forcing you to go to said job everyday? You quit.

Rock and roll don't pay the bills.

Everyone's got a personal life. They want different things than what their current situation offered. It's as simple as that.

Not trying to argue, just telling the truth.