PDA

View Full Version : Soilwork reveal Album title for 2012 release.

street_burial
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
After a highly successful run of European festivals and select club shows, Swedish melodic metal maestros SOILWORK have started writing music for the follow-up to The Panic Broadcast, which debuted the US Billboard charts at #88 upon its release in July 2010.

Commented vocalist Björn “Speed” Strid: “It’s been an intense summer and at this point, me and the boys are hibernating in pretty much every corner of the world and putting our next album together. Many songs are yet to be written but the inspiration is flowing! People can expect a continuation of the intensity and presence of The Panic Broadcast, only taken to a higher level. That’s the mindset. We will do some touring next year as well, before hopefully entering the studio sometime in the early fall. The album title is already set: The Living Infinite. Chew on that for a bit and don’t spit it out until the music is invading your ears, folks! Until then, make sure you follow the song writing process and other news on Soilwork’s official Facebook page and website. You can also follow Speed on Twitter. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and thank you all for your continuous support!”

FUCK YES :rocker:

BlindGuardian93
12-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Fuck Yes! One of my favorite bands. I know it's a stretch but id love to see them on mayhem

xStructualDefect
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Looking forward to this.

Epidemic Reign
12-21-2011, 03:36 PM
:party:

Magson13
12-21-2011, 04:55 PM
So fucking boring live.... I could've taken a nap right there on the rail when I saw them.

street_burial
12-21-2011, 05:35 PM
So fucking boring live.... I could've taken a nap right there on the rail when I saw them.

i smell a troll

MPF
12-21-2011, 05:37 PM
i smell a troll

That's not all you smell if you are smelling Magson.

street_burial
12-21-2011, 05:44 PM
That's not all you smell if you are smelling Magson.

herpes? syphillis? bacon lube? WHAT ELSE AM I SMELLING?!?!?!

MPF
12-21-2011, 05:50 PM
herpes? syphillis? bacon lube? WHAT ELSE AM I SMELLING?!?!?!

:lol:

Better then what I would have said.

AnataFan4Life
12-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Fuck Yes! One of my favorite bands. I know it's a stretch but id love to see them on mayhem

They're actually rumored I believe.

Magson13
12-21-2011, 06:36 PM
i smell a troll

One of the stiffest frontmen I've ever seen, guitarists that didn't move from their spots, minimal crowd interaction between songs.... That all equates to a boring live band, not trolling.

BlindGuardian93
12-21-2011, 06:46 PM
I've heard they were rumored too but it was mentioned maybe once and never again

Travis The Dragon
12-21-2011, 07:52 PM
One of the stiffest frontmen I've ever seen, guitarists that didn't move from their spots, minimal crowd interaction between songs.... That all equates to a boring live band, not trolling.

You see minimal crowd reaction at almost every club show so there's nothing new with that. Hell, even at Taste Of Chaos and Sounds Of The Underground in 2006 at a small arena with around 4,000 people, it was very quiet between songs.

MPF
12-21-2011, 07:54 PM
You see minimal crowd reaction at almost every club show so there's nothing new with that. Hell, even at Taste Of Chaos and Sounds Of The Underground in 2006 at a small arena with around 4,000 people, it was very quiet between songs.

I saw Fair To Midland with a crowd less then 50 people and Darrow was going absolutely crazy and the crowd really didn't seem to care. Then again FTM was playing an early show before some scene bands was playing. But that doesn't meant FTM is a shitty band live.

All you need is youtube to prove that theory wrong.

Travis The Dragon
12-21-2011, 08:08 PM
I saw Fair To Midland with a crowd less then 50 people and Darrow was going absolutely crazy and the crowd really didn't seem to care. Then again FTM was playing an early show before some scene bands was playing. But that doesn't meant FTM is a shitty band live.

All you need is youtube to prove that theory wrong.
It's sad to see a band really giving it their all on stage, just going nuts and putting on a super energetic performance only to have the audience act as if they're watching an insurance seminar. I wonder when, why, and how audiences got like that.

Magson13
12-21-2011, 08:28 PM
I didn't mean the crowd wasn't reacting, I meant the band was not attempting to interect with the crowd.

xStructualDefect
12-21-2011, 08:35 PM
It's sad to see a band really giving it their all on stage, just going nuts and putting on a super energetic performance only to have the audience act as if they're watching an insurance seminar. I wonder when, why, and how audiences got like that.

THIS. I've been seeing so many shows lately where the band puts a ton of energy into their performance and even if a lot of people are at the venue (even for headlining bands) barely anyone looks like they're into it. Maybe it's just LA but energy and the crowd has been very dead for shows the past year or so. When I first started going to shows 6-7 years ago I was always prepared to know there was going to be a lot of energy into the crowd, nowadays I'm actually very surprised when the crowd is into it opposed to being dead like usual.

This being a Soilwork thread, they're another example of this. Back in early 2009 when I saw them on the tour with Darkane and Warbringer, there was a good amount of people in the venue, but the crowd was pretty dead for all the bands. Little movement whatsoever besides a few songs but still had little movement. Soilwork was putting a lot of energy into their set also.

Someone from another forum stated this and how crowd energy has been greatly decreasing lately, and countless of replies were agreeing with it. There's been a lot of shows I've gone to where it feels like I'm watching a local opening band because of crowd interaction when in fact I'm watching the headliner that a lot of people came to see. I don't get it.

What Hell is About
12-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Who hasn't been rumored at Mayhem?

I like Soilwork and can't wait to check them out live. They canceled a few shows this year so they never came by. Are his cleans good live?