Can't Stop This Thing We Started
Thought I'd Died And Gone To Heaven
I'm Ready (Acoustic)
Hearts On Fire
Do I Have To Say The Words?
18 'Til I Die
Back To You
Summer of '69
If You Wanna Leave Me (Can I Come To?) / Touch The Hand (Acoustic)
(Everything I Do) I Do It For You
Cuts Like A Knife
It's Only Love
Depend On Me
When You're Gone
Heaven
The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You
Cloud Number Nine
Run To You
There Will Never Be Another Tonight
The Way You Make Me Feel (Solo Acoustic)
Straight From The Heart (Solo Acoustic)
All For Love (Solo Acoustic)

NickLed19
12-08-2011, 02:43 PM
People who bitch about U2 are really going to love this on here.

ravenheart
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
People who bitch about U2 are really going to love this on here.

Lets pretend I care ;)

I actually post a whole ton of non-metal on here, it's just that most of these clowns don't know who it is and don't realise it's not metal ;)

The Ghost at Number One
12-08-2011, 03:00 PM
How is he live? I've never seen him. Is his voice still holding up?

ravenheart
12-08-2011, 03:10 PM
How is he live? I've never seen him. Is his voice still holding up?

Excellent. He still sounds flawless.

I was just disappointed that, for the 20th anniversary tour of 'Waking Up The Neighbours', he didn't play four of its best songs.

DisasterPiece120
12-08-2011, 03:51 PM
seeing this on metalsetlists made my night.

ravenheart
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
seeing this on metalsetlists made my night.

Right...

The Ghost at Number One
12-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Excellent. He still sounds flawless.

I was just disappointed that, for the 20th anniversary tour of 'Waking Up The Neighbours', he didn't play four of its best songs.I'll have to check him out. I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan, but, admittedly, the only songs I know are singles. I've liked more than a couple of them, though. Summer of '69 is actually an all-time favorite of mine. Pure, perfect pop.

I think the last couple of times he's toured the U.S. he's been solo acoustic. Would you recommend that over a band show?

ravenheart
12-08-2011, 04:47 PM
I'll have to check him out. I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan, but, admittedly, the only songs I know are singles. I've liked more than a couple of them, though. Summer of '69 is actually an all-time favorite of mine. Pure, perfect pop.

I think the last couple of times he's toured the U.S. he's been solo acoustic. Would you recommend that over a band show?

Not really, not that I've seen him do a full solo acoustic show. He's toured it here twice, but never plays London on those tours. No idea why.

When he does solo acoustic songs to close the band shows, he always does ballads, so I've never seen him do something like 'Run To You' solo acoustic.

He's worth checking out, for sure. Very good live performer. But he tends to be expensive. If this had just been a regular tour I would have skipped it because of the price. It's only that it's the anniversary tour of my favourite album that I went for it. Glad I did, even though he didn't play my favourite song :(

As with most soft rock acts that are popular with everyone's mother, his best songs aren't his singles.

MetalDoug
12-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Yeah ... "Is your mama gonna miss ya" and "Not guilty" not being played sucks. The whole album should've been played.

sarsip
12-08-2011, 07:45 PM
What boggles my mind is your disdain for Warbringer, but that you dig Bryan Adams. Just shows how metalheads have the most unique taste in music!!

ravenheart
12-09-2011, 12:47 AM
What boggles my mind is your disdain for Warbringer, but that you dig Bryan Adams. Just shows how metalheads have the most unique taste in music!!

What's odd about that? They're completely different. What should confuse you is that I like Exodus, Death Angel, and all the other bands Warbringer rip off.

Although, Warbringer are bad performers with awful songs and an irritating moron for a frontman. At least Exodus are only guilty of the last one ;)

MPF
12-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Can't say Bryan Adams is my favorite artist. but damn, he knows how to write damn good songs.

Quite the setlist as well.

wroed
12-09-2011, 03:43 AM
I was there too Andy. Mother-in-law is a big fan so we took her for her Birthday.

I liked Reckless when I was younger but never got along with Waking Up The Neighbours and anything after. Same with show last night for me, though I appreciate those that do like that era got a great show. I have to say his voice was fantastic throughout, particularly impressive given how little he pauses during the set.

Glad to have ticked off seing Run To You live.

Oh and the guy who made the donation to do guest vocals during When You're Gone was hysterical! You could see Bryan wasn't expecting the falsetto, though he dropped him in it when he asked him what he did for a living and he told us he was an investment banker drawing boo's, hehe!

ravenheart
12-09-2011, 04:20 AM
I liked Reckless when I was younger but never got along with Waking Up The Neighbours and anything after. Same with show last night for me, though I appreciate those that do like that era got a great show. I have to say his voice was fantastic throughout, particularly impressive given how little he pauses during the set.

I like Reckless too, but I'm not a massive fan of the stuff before it. I basically really enjoy Reckless through On A Day Like Today, but not really before and after that period. 'Waking Up The Neighbours' best tracks aren't the singles, that's for sure. 'Don't Drop That Bomb On Me' will always be my favourite BA song, and probably one of my favourite songs period. Still a bit disappointed he left that one out. 'Not Guilty' is another great one off that disc he didn't do.

Oh and the guy who made the donation to do guest vocals during When You're Gone was hysterical! You could see Bryan wasn't expecting the falsetto, though he dropped him in it when he asked him what he did for a living and he told us he was an investment banker drawing boo's, hehe!

That was great, but much better than I've seen it before. On the two occasions I've seen Bryan before, one time he actually got Melanie Chisholm to do it, like the recorded version, and another time they used a spotlight to pick a random girl from the audience. Inevitable disaster followed.

Fe Maiden
12-09-2011, 06:40 AM
I saw Bryan Adams open for Def Leppard and I went in thinking it would suck and it was actually very enjoyable. I must say his guitar player is quite good live!

ravenheart
12-09-2011, 06:54 AM
I saw Bryan Adams open for Def Leppard and I went in thinking it would suck and it was actually very enjoyable. I must say his guitar player is quite good live!

Keith Scott is the man :rocker:

jaysadler2
12-09-2011, 10:00 AM
My girlfriend went to this and said he was amazing lol

Platinum Maze
12-09-2011, 10:08 AM
At least Exodus are only guilty of the last one ;)

You may not like Rob, but he is not a moron.

I saw Bryan Adams 9/15/1985 at MSG, a night after seeing AC/DC and Yngwie at the Meadowlands Arena. He was awesome.

adamclark52
12-09-2011, 11:06 AM
What's odd about that? They're completely different. What should confuse you is that I like Exodus, Death Angel, and all the other bands Warbringer rip off.

Although, Warbringer are bad performers with awful songs and an irritating moron for a frontman. At least Exodus are only guilty of the last one ;)

:party: I fucking hate Warbringer

El Gordo
12-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Lets pretend I care ;)

I actually post a whole ton of non-metal on here, it's just that most of these clowns don't know who it is and don't realise it's not metal ;)

Interestingly enough, this thread has more views than 10 of the next 12 posted under it.

Epidemic Reign
12-09-2011, 11:34 AM

:lol:

True, true.

ravenheart
12-09-2011, 11:34 AM
You may not like Rob, but he is not a moron.

If so, then he should really stop acting like one on stage. He ruins Exodus shows for a lot of fans.

MetalIsArt
12-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Ha, Bryan Adams... I have some of his records stored away in my "vault", I lost him after "On A Day Like Today", which was one of my favourite albums before my deepsea-dive into Metal & Hardrock.

Keith Scott is a great guitarist IMHO, but you can't go wrong with a Gretsch. :)

ravenheart
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Ha, Bryan Adams... I have some of his records stored away in my "vault", I lost him after "On A Day Like Today", which was one of my favourite albums before my deepsea-dive into Metal & Hardrock.

Keith Scott is a great guitarist IMHO, but you can't go wrong with a Gretsch. :)

On A Day Like Today was his last good album. Everything since has been at best uninteresting, at worst plain crap.

MetalIsArt
12-09-2011, 01:38 PM
On A Day Like Today was his last good album. Everything since has been at best uninteresting, at worst plain crap.

Yes.

I've always seen it as a laidback album tbh.

ravenheart
12-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Yes.

I've always seen it as a laidback album tbh.

Yeah definitely. It was far from a rock album, but it was still good. The rest have also been laid back albums, but they've just been boring.

MetalIsArt
12-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Yeah definitely. It was far from a rock album, but it was still good. The rest have also been laid back albums, but they've just been boring.

Extremely boring and too far removed from what he originally was: good fun poprock, no more no less.

bennythedog
12-12-2011, 08:08 AM
I sounds like I'm in the minority here but it aggravates me to no end that he doesn't play Lonely Nights from You Want It, You Got It! Easily top 3 song of his and my favorite!

MetalDoug
12-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Yep, had forgotten to mention 'Don't Drop That Bomb On Me', great song too. The whole album is a masterpiece!

I agree with 'On A Day Like Today' being his last great album, however, i think 'Tonight We Have The Stars' from the last studio album is a fantastic tune, one of his best ever. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhOQLzYUY3w