PDA

View Full Version : 2012.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

slapguitarer
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty underwhelmed by the new Gojira. While I do think it is a solid record, it's not nearly as great as their last two records.

That's kind of how felt on the first listen. Maybe it'll grow on me later, but as of now I'm not really impressed.

John The Drummer
06-18-2012, 01:45 PM
So whoops. I ended up getting "Clockwork Angels", great album! First listen was a bit meh since I haven't listened to Rush for a very long time, but th second time thru it was mucho better. I loved "Vapor Trails", but this one is possible a bit better.

mastodon421
06-18-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm pretty underwhelmed by the new Gojira. While I do think it is a solid record, it's not nearly as great as their last two records.

I wasn't underwhelmed per say, but I do agree it's definitely a pretty big step down from the past two.

treghet
06-18-2012, 03:21 PM
I wasn't underwhelmed per say, but I do agree it's definitely a pretty big step down from the past two.

So it was an underwhelming album, but you didn't feel underwhelmed. Got it.

electrocute1031
06-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Finally got to listen to the new cattle decapitation, it's fucking awesome :rocker:

mastodon421
06-18-2012, 06:55 PM
So it was an underwhelming album, but you didn't feel underwhelmed. Got it.

Lol ur so funny:tp: What I meant by that was it's still very good, but not as good as their past two albums (which are fucking masterpieces imo). A 4/5 Star album isn't underwhelming at all, especially when your last two were 5/5 and 4.5/5 respectively.

treghet
06-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Lol ur so funny:tp: What I meant by that was it's still very good, but not as good as their past two albums (which are fucking masterpieces imo). A 4/5 Star album isn't underwhelming at all, especially when your last two were 5/5 and 4.5/5 respectively.

I knew what you meant. I was just messing with you because of the way you said it.

MPF
06-18-2012, 10:41 PM
So I just got the new Nile...

Don't really have high expectations for it, but I'll give it a shot.

w00tasaurus
06-19-2012, 06:11 AM
listening to the new Nile.. loving every second of it but it's ending too fast :(

grr, 2 filler tracks though.

Natrlhi
06-19-2012, 08:41 AM
So I just got the new Nile...

Don't really have high expectations for it, but I'll give it a shot.Yeah, because their last one was shit.

:confused:

MPF
06-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Yeah, because their last one was shit.

:confused:

Can't tell if serious or not.

I meant more because of the single they released. It didn't do much for me at all.

Natrlhi
06-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Can't tell if serious or not.

I meant more because of the single they released. It didn't do much for me at all.I was being serious, with a dash of sarcasm. Their last full-length was in my top ten for 2009, and was widely regarded as being one of their best albums. No reason to believe this one will suck.

That said, I hadn't heard the single, so I can't comment on that.

I did hear one of their new tracks live, though, when they came through Cleveburg a few months back. It seemed pretty tits to me.

Plus, it's fucking Nile.

mastodon421
06-19-2012, 02:26 PM
I was being serious, with a dash of sarcasm. Their last full-length was in my top ten for 2009, and was widely regarded as being one of their best albums. No reason to believe this one will suck.

That said, I hadn't heard the single, so I can't comment on that.

I did hear one of their new tracks live, though, when they came through Cleveburg a few months back. It seemed pretty tits to me.

Plus, it's fucking Nile.

It is fucking Nile, but the single was meh so I can completely understand why Josh is hesitant about the record. Another previously consistently great band (Baroness, though I may be jumping the gun just a tad on that one) has disappointed me this year, I hope Nile doesn't follow suit.

BloodoftheKings
06-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the 2 singles from the new Baroness are some of the best songs they've ever released?

mastodon421
06-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the 2 singles from the new Baroness are some of the best songs they've ever released?

Brad does, but besides that no else to my knowledge does. Personally I think both songs are boring as all hell.

MPF
06-19-2012, 03:08 PM
I liked the two Baroness songs that were played live. Before that I never really got into Baroness.

No not because I don't like them, but because I never really have been able to give the last two albums much of a chance yet. Once I get the chance to divulge into all 3 albums, I'm sure I will love it all.

street_burial
06-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Personally I think Baroness songs are boring as all hell in general

:cool:

street_burial
06-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Manks loves the new Miss May I album :party:

Natrlhi
06-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Brad does, but besides that no else to my knowledge does. Personally I think both songs are boring as all hell.I like both songs a great deal as well. I don't know if they're two of the best songs Baroness has ever written, but they are definitely not "boring as all hell". That sounds like the comments of someone who is either not a fan of Baroness in general or is trying to sound cool (or both).

BloodoftheKings
06-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Today I listened to the new Dying Fetus, Fear Factory, and some of the new Gojira. Dying Fetus was killer but nothing new, Fear Factory was solid but not too great, and from what I heard of the new Gojira it's solid but I had to stop listening cause the stream was so shitty.

christopher
06-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Toxic Holocaust just posted on fb a link to get the new split with Municipal Waste for free!

mastodon421
06-20-2012, 04:42 AM
I like both songs a great deal as well. I don't know if they're two of the best songs Baroness has ever written, but they are definitely not "boring as all hell". That sounds like the comments of someone who is either not a fan of Baroness in general or is trying to sound cool (or both).

Neither. I love Red Album and Blue Record, but this new stuff sounds like a forced attempt to make a non-metal record. All of the passion and interesting songwriting has been pushed aside and if there is a double-album full of that shit, Hello biggest letdown of 2012.

Natrlhi
06-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Neither. I love Red Album and Blue Record, but this new stuff sounds like a forced attempt to make a non-metal record. All of the passion and interesting songwriting has been pushed aside and if there is a double-album full of that shit, Hello biggest letdown of 2012.
Based on the advance info I read online about the album, I was expecting to feel that way, too. Luckily for me, I decided to suspend my judgement until I actually heard some of the material. Both of the songs they played on tour with Meshuggah were much better than I expected them to be. Thus, I'm relieved and hopeful for the new album at the moment.

Optimism...try it sometime. ;)

EDIT: These aren't that great in terms of quality, but they should give you an idea. I know at least one of these songs is posted in HQ on YouTube.

March To The Sea (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nawl-k8LJU&list=UUNF3wKKaACkYLnvJkT7Zp6w&index=1&feature=plcp)

Take My Bones Away (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhWdEF0hzWo&feature=relmfu)

EDIT2: OK, so the second one isn't great. I do like "March" a fuckload, though. It could easily have been on Blue Record.

dcmetal108
06-20-2012, 09:52 AM
New Word Alive leaked and its pretty decent so far.

HandOfDoom
06-20-2012, 09:59 AM
1. Candlemass- Psamls For The Dead
2. Overkill- The Electric Age
3. Orange Goblin- Eulogy For The Dead
4. Rush- Clockwork Angels
5. St-Vitus- Lillie:F-65
6. Witch Mountain- Cauldron Of The Wild
7. High On Fire- De Vermis Mysteriis
8. Ministry- Relapse
9. Kreator- Phantom Antichrist
10. Lamb Of God- Resolution

Just wanted to jot that down, was very hard :allan:

kalfitegrdan
06-20-2012, 11:49 AM
New Word Alive leaked and its pretty decent so far.

If they dropped that shitty clean singing they'd be pretty good. Their guitarists are pretty good and write some decent riffs. Without the clean singing they'd probably sound a bit like August Burns Red.

dcmetal108
06-20-2012, 12:41 PM
If they dropped that shitty clean singing they'd be pretty good. Their guitarists are pretty good and write some decent riffs. Without the clean singing they'd probably sound a bit like August Burns Red.

Their new album is more singing than screaming. Focuses more on the catchy chorus' I think.

treghet
06-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Their new album is more singing than screaming. Focuses more on the catchy chorus' I think.

Well that's a new one. ;)

jd091
06-20-2012, 02:04 PM
I just saw Brad post on facebook that the new Miss May I debuted at #30 on the Billboard charts! That's awesome. Pretty surreal for Brad and Cameron that guys they knew from high school are that high up in the music industry.

Natrlhi
06-20-2012, 03:30 PM
I just saw Brad post on facebook that the new Miss May I debuted at #30 on the Billboard charts! That's awesome. Pretty surreal for Brad and Cameron that guys they knew from high school are that high up in the music industry.I once drank beer and got stoned with Trent Reznor at a house party before he was ever famous. Some of my friends at the time actually knew him pretty well. Does that mean I'm as cool as Brad and Cameron?

John The Drummer
06-20-2012, 04:40 PM
The division manager of my company went hunting with Ted Nugent

:finger::allan::finger:

kalfitegrdan
06-20-2012, 10:15 PM

Lame.

treghet
06-20-2012, 10:25 PM
The new Gojira album was disappointing. It's not really that it's bad, it's just nowhere near as good as the last two albums. There aren't any songs that come close to the awesomeness that is Backbone, Heaviest Matter in the Universe, Toxic Garbage Island, etc. I'm going to listen to it more to see if it grows on me, but as of now it's not high in my rankings like I expected it would be.

christopher
06-21-2012, 01:10 AM
I once drank beer and got stoned with Trent Reznor at a house party before he was ever famous. Some of my friends at the time actually knew him pretty well. Does that mean I'm as cool as Brad and Cameron?

Johhny Plague gave me a ride home from a show once and my girlfriend hung out at his pad one new years and his mom made her drinks, does that count? :tongue:

mastodon421
06-21-2012, 06:24 AM
Based on the advance info I read online about the album, I was expecting to feel that way, too. Luckily for me, I decided to suspend my judgement until I actually heard some of the material. Both of the songs they played on tour with Meshuggah were much better than I expected them to be. Thus, I'm relieved and hopeful for the new album at the moment.

Optimism...try it sometime. ;)

EDIT: These aren't that great in terms of quality, but they should give you an idea. I know at least one of these songs is posted in HQ on YouTube.

March To The Sea (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nawl-k8LJU&list=UUNF3wKKaACkYLnvJkT7Zp6w&index=1&feature=plcp)

Take My Bones Away (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhWdEF0hzWo&feature=relmfu)

EDIT2: OK, so the second one isn't great. I do like "March" a fuckload, though. It could easily have been on Blue Record.

Eh I've heard them both and I don't like either of them. I disagree that March sounds it could've been on Blue Record. Way too poppy to be on that record.

I agree. Their screaming vocals aren't bad either and they have some talent, but the vagcore clean vocals kill the whole thing.

Note: Vagcore is a term I use to describe bands that use the incredibly whiney clean vocals that 13 year old girls tend to worship (i.e We Came As Romans, A Skylit Drive, Like Moths to Flames).

christopher
06-21-2012, 05:26 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! Everyone needs to check out Soen - Cognitive! It sounds like Tool! Well a softer Tool, like mixing Tool with the softer Opeth songs...

hb420
06-21-2012, 05:53 PM
OK after listening to it a couple of times this week, twice today being to most recent. I have to say the new Baroness is terrific, blows The Hunter and Spiral Shadow completely out of the water. Reason I'm comparing it those is all three were southern sludge bands that went a more accesible route wheater it was intentional or not. I really do believe in Baroness's case thats it wasn't, you could liken it almost to Opeth and Heritage. It's just the record John needed to make at this moment, and while it definetly is not metal it's 100% Baroness. The yellow half of the album is easily the best part and worth attention alone. All tracks on it are solid and flow really great together. I love how they seemingly blend all of these different genres and eras of rock together and still have that Baroness edge. Like on Little Things which sounds alot like something Killing Joke or The Cure could have done. Or Sea Lungs that has that 90s alternative grunge feel. Cocainium sounds like something from the mind of Josh Homme and Eula is Floyddian all the way. The green half is where the album drags though and seems to get really bloated. Most of it is either folkish style stuff or indie experimental crap. Save for a couple cool songs like Board Up The House or The Line Between that sound like Torche could have written them. It gets a great rating from me though just for Yellow and the stuff I dig on Green. I will right a in depth review in a couple of days when I get all of my opinions on it down. Which I will post here but for now I thought Id share my thoughts.

mastodon421
06-21-2012, 07:17 PM
OK after listening to it a couple of times this week, twice today being to most recent. I have to say the new Baroness is terrific, blows The Hunter and Spiral Shadow completely out of the water. Reason I'm comparing it those is all three were southern sludge bands that went a more accesible route wheater it was intentional or not. I really do believe in Baroness's case thats it wasn't, you could liken it almost to Opeth and Heritage. It's just the record John needed to make at this moment, and while it definetly is not metal it's 100% Baroness. The yellow half of the album is easily the best part and worth attention alone. All tracks on it are solid and flow really great together. I love how they seemingly blend all of these different genres and eras of rock together and still have that Baroness edge. Like on Little Things which sounds alot like something Killing Joke or The Cure could have done. Or Sea Lungs that has that 90s alternative grunge feel. Cocainium sounds like something from the mind of Josh Homme and Eula is Floyddian all the way. The green half is where the album drags though and seems to get really bloated. Most of it is either folkish style stuff or indie experimental crap. Save for a couple cool songs like Board Up The House or The Line Between that sound like Torche could have written them. It gets a great rating from me though just for Yellow and the stuff I dig on Green. I will right a in depth review in a couple of days when I get all of my opinions on it down. Which I will post here but for now I thought Id share my thoughts.

This is a milestone: This is the first time I've ever read a really positive review and it pretty much confirms my thoughts that the album is garbage. Experimental folk and songs that sound like The Cure on a Baroness album:barf:

hb420
06-21-2012, 08:46 PM
This is a milestone: This is the first time I've ever read a really positive review and it pretty much confirms my thoughts that the album is garbage. Experimental folk and songs that sound like The Cure on a Baroness album:barf:

Really this is the only positive thing you've read on Yellow & Green? All I've seen so far are mixed to positive. With the majority being somewhat positive. I think if you came across this as not coming from the same band you might enjoy it. Seems like you're judging it to hard on their other albums. From what you post I know you enjoy some good rock and this is exactly what this is. Beats radio shit by fucking miles.

slapguitarer
06-21-2012, 09:09 PM
That mini-review has me excited for the new Baroness. I doubt I'll like it as much as Red or Blue, but I think Baroness has the ability to experiment with genres like alt rock, indie, and folk and still make it feel like Baroness. Thought I was initially disappointed by the first two released tracks, I will admit I am digging them now. Which brings up the question are March and Bones on Yellow, Green or one on each?

hb420
06-21-2012, 09:46 PM
That mini-review has me excited for the new Baroness. I doubt I'll like it as much as Red or Blue, but I think Baroness has the ability to experiment with genres like alt rock, indie, and folk and still make it feel like Baroness. Thought I was initially disappointed by the first two released tracks, I will admit I am digging them now. Which brings up the question are March and Bones on Yellow, Green or one on each?

Exactly man with that attitude you'll love it. Those songs are the first and second off yellow after its respective intro. The third single Eula is the last song on yellow. I think they're not going to give anything off Green because its so weird.

kalfitegrdan
06-21-2012, 10:49 PM
I agree. Their screaming vocals aren't bad either and they have some talent, but the vagcore clean vocals kill the whole thing.

Note: Vagcore is a term I use to describe bands that use the incredibly whiney clean vocals that 13 year old girls tend to worship (i.e We Came As Romans, A Skylit Drive, Like Moths to Flames).

Vagcore. :lol: Sounds about right. A Skylit Drive pretty much defines that term.

hellawaits77ny
06-22-2012, 04:41 AM
2. *prepares combat boots and riot gear* I REALLY like Oceano.

That's fine. I don't like them, but I will gain new respect for them if on their next album (if they make one) they stay deathcore and don't go ghey like much other deathcore has.

mastodon421
06-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Really this is the only positive thing you've read on Yellow & Green? All I've seen so far are mixed to positive. With the majority being somewhat positive. I think if you came across this as not coming from the same band you might enjoy it. Seems like you're judging it to hard on their other albums. From what you post I know you enjoy some good rock and this is exactly what this is. Beats radio shit by fucking miles.

This is actually the first review I've read for Yellow and Green. I will give it a shot with an open mind, but my expectations are at a really low-level.

dcmetal108
06-22-2012, 07:07 AM
That's fine. I don't like them, but I will gain new respect for them if on their next album (if they make one) they stay deathcore and don't go ghey like much other deathcore has.

I have adam on facebook and he did mention another Oceano sound and said it would still be the same deathcore as the others.

Nater
06-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I LOVE the new Fear Factory album. It just so fucking awesome.

jhdeity
06-23-2012, 06:36 PM
I LOVE the new Fear Factory album. It just so fucking awesome.

I'm a HUGE Fear Factory fan. Rated Mechanize in my Top 3 that year but the new one doesn't grab me for some reason. Plus I HATE the last 2 filler tracks. Hoping it grows on me...

BloodoftheKings
06-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Plus I HATE the last 2 filler tracks. Hoping it grows on me...

Yeah that was really annoying. I only heard The Industrialist once but it didn't grab nearly as much as their last one did.

daimonos
06-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Clockwork Angels by Rush is incredible. Completely took me by surprise. I don't think I've enjoyed a new release this much in awhile.

The new Horseback is also pretty cool.

smearCampaign
06-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Really digging the new Nile. A nice change of pace (as far as production goes) without departing from what they do best. Some of the best riffs they've written in years, IMO.

electrocute1031
06-24-2012, 09:28 AM
I just bought the new Devin Townsend by a thread box set yesterday. It's absolutley amazing, definitly worth getting if your into the DTP albums, and or Devin in general.

John The Drummer
06-24-2012, 09:38 AM
I just bought the new Devin Townsend by a thread box set yesterday. It's absolutley amazing, definitly worth getting if your into the DTP albums, and or Devin in general.

I am not a huge DTP fan, but watched some videos on youtube and this looks like an amazing release. I heard that some discs have some problems with skipping and freezing though. :eyes:

electrocute1031
06-24-2012, 05:04 PM
I am not a huge DTP fan, but watched some videos on youtube and this looks like an amazing release. I heard that some discs have some problems with skipping and freezing though. :eyes:

So far I've watched the Deconstruction and the Addicted Dvd's, I read a review on Amazon that said the Addicted dvd was the one that a lot of people had issues with. So far so good, no problems what so ever thankfully.

illuminatus917
06-25-2012, 04:07 PM
I once drank beer and got stoned with Trent Reznor at a house party before he was ever famous. Some of my friends at the time actually knew him pretty well. Does that mean I'm as cool as Brad and Cameron?

Considering Trent Reznor is one of the greatest musical minds ever and has a body of work 1000x more impressive than Miss May I ever will, I would consider that more significant.

brutal_descent
06-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Considering Trent Reznor is one of the greatest musical minds ever and has a body of work 1000x more impressive than Miss May I ever will, I would consider that more significant.

Thiiiiiiis. Holy fuck, that's epic. :drool: I'm possibly more jelly of that than of you seeing Death :drool:

John The Drummer
06-25-2012, 04:46 PM
So far I've watched the Deconstruction and the Addicted Dvd's, I read a review on Amazon that said the Addicted dvd was the one that a lot of people had issues with. So far so good, no problems what so ever thankfully.

Awesome! I may have to risk picking this up then. A bit pricy, but oh well.

christopher
06-25-2012, 05:11 PM
The new Master album is fucking amazing!

daimonos
06-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Thiiiiiiis. Holy fuck, that's epic. :drool: I'm possibly more jelly of that than of you seeing Death :drool:

I once spent a few hours in a basement smoking pot and playing Grand Theft Auto 3 with Danny Lilker. :lol:

But that might not be as cool.

street_burial
06-25-2012, 08:14 PM
I once spent a few hours in a basement smoking pot and playing Grand Theft Auto 3 with Danny Lilker. :lol:

But that might not be as cool.

that sounds like the greatest time ever.

dcmetal108
06-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Back on topic haha :

New Asia album is pretty decent.

Akumu
06-25-2012, 10:32 PM

I received an e-mail from CMDistro saying that there were errors with the Addicted DVD and they were pressing new ones that should arrive in 4-6 weeks. Not sure if this'll help for those who bought from other retailers, though. :/

electrocute1031
06-26-2012, 08:02 AM
I went to go try out the addicted dvd on another dvd player, the concert itself is fine, however when i try to use the menu (trying to watch Devin's commentary on the show) the disc freezes up, and goes to a black screen. I guess I'll bring it back and try and get a replacement copy, but I'm sure it'll be the same issues, at least until a new shipment arrives. Oh well still happy the concert itself works

mastodon421
06-26-2012, 12:19 PM
New Nile is half-decent, but it's by far the weakest record in their catalog. It lacked the spark and diversity that most of their material has. It's especially disappointing considering it's following Those Whom The Gods Detest, which is arguably their best album imo

daimonos
06-26-2012, 12:29 PM
New Phobia was a pleasant motherfucking surprise.

christopher
06-26-2012, 12:37 PM
New Phobia was a pleasant motherfucking surprise.

I'm surprised Shane and Friends still putting out records. :lol:

daimonos
06-26-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm surprised Shane and Friends still putting out records. :lol:

I'm not sure if that's a jab at em or not, but I just now noticed how often they change members. Either way, I think this material is much better than their last couple releases. I didn't expect much going into it, but this was refreshing.

GarageMetal468
06-27-2012, 10:46 AM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/564100_10150916680966309_673897465_n.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Natrlhi
06-27-2012, 11:49 AM
^ Nice. :fist:

w00tasaurus
06-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Very excited for new ensiferum and waylander :)

I personally loved ensiferum's latest album, and in fact everything they've done.

mastodon421
06-27-2012, 04:05 PM
New Periphery is streaming here http://lambgoat.com/bits/6323/Periphery-II-album-stream

kalfitegrdan
06-27-2012, 04:49 PM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/564100_10150916680966309_673897465_n.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

jd091
06-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Fuckin' cool... but new Wintersun is probably gonna destroy it.

XDoomsayerX
06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
New Periphery is streaming here http://lambgoat.com/bits/6323/Periphery-II-album-stream

I never understood the love for this band. Saw em live and thought they were a borefest. I'll try this out though.

MPF
06-27-2012, 10:33 PM
I never understood the love for this band. Saw em live and thought they were a borefest. I'll try this out though.

I had a few of the songs early, not the whole album but the songs I had, had almost zero Djent sound to them. Unless the other songs on the album are all like the first album, this is a Progressive Metal album, not a Djent album.

mastodon421
06-28-2012, 08:52 AM
New Periphery is tits. There is sound is now 100x more progressive than the first album and Spencer Sotelo has become an even better vocalist. I can see it growing on me and becoming something really special with repeat listens. Hell they might even win over some new fans with this record. Standout tracks for me were Have A Blast, Scarlet, Luck As A Constant, The Gods Must Be Crazy!, Froggin Bullfish, and Mile Zero.

Somewhat unrelated side note: Wes Hauch's solo on Mile Zero was incredible. I can see him bringing a lot to the table for The Faceless. I now completely understand why Michael Keene was so excited to add him to the lineup, the dude fucking shreds. Now if only their new album would actually come out...

slapguitarer
06-28-2012, 10:47 AM
I'll have to listen to that new Periphery record. Didn't like the first single too much but I'm sure the album will be over all good.

Fun fact: Michael Keene follows me on twitter. I don't follow Sumerian or The Faceless. I haven't made a single tweet. I'm just that cool.

dcmetal108
06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
I'll have to listen to that new Periphery record. Didn't like the first single too much but I'm sure the album will be over all good.

Fun fact: Michael Keene follows me on twitter. I don't follow Sumerian or The Faceless. I haven't made a single tweet. I'm just that cool.

haha same here. All the guys from the Faceless follow me and I dont follow the band or any of them.

kalfitegrdan
06-28-2012, 10:43 PM
I was actually slightly interested in the new Periphery until I heard that second single (Scarlet maybe?). I only got through like a minute of it.

I follow Michael Keene on Twitter, but he doesn't follow me (I don't think), because I'M just that uncool.

mastodon421
06-29-2012, 06:28 AM
I was actually slightly interested in the new Periphery until I heard that second single (Scarlet maybe?). I only got through like a minute of it.

I follow Michael Keene on Twitter, but he doesn't follow me (I don't think), because I'M just that uncool.

Really? Scarlet is amazing imo. I would still give the album a chance if you were curious about it.

HandOfDoom
06-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Little late, but I'm LOVING the new Accept, definitely in my top 10 man.

the deathmetaler
06-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Anyone know approx when the new Bonded By Blood will leak? It's official released date is July 3rd.

treghet
06-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Anyone know approx when the new Bonded By Blood will leak? It's official released date is July 3rd.

This is just a rough estimate, but I'm thinking about four hours, thirty-six minutes, and seven seconds.

the deathmetaler
06-29-2012, 01:06 PM
This is just a rough estimate, but I'm thinking about four hours, thirty-six minutes, and seven seconds.

Lol. That is one of THE most approx times I've ever heard. Ahahahahaha.

kalfitegrdan
06-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Really? Scarlet is amazing imo. I would still give the album a chance if you were curious about it.

The music is pretty sweet, but the clean vocals, imo, are overused and get kind of grating after a minute or so. I'll still check out the album though.

OraclesofAgony
06-29-2012, 08:23 PM
The new Nile is good stuff. Not as good as Those Whom the Gods Detest but I wasn't expecting it to be, that's a tough act to follow.

dcmetal108
06-29-2012, 09:14 PM

It's leaked now.

treghet
06-30-2012, 09:12 PM
It's leaked now.

My estimate was pretty close!

dcmetal108
06-30-2012, 09:34 PM
My estimate was pretty close!

Only off by like 6 hours haha.

illuminatus917
07-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Natrlhi, hb420, listen to Undersmile's new album.

Spiner202
07-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Even though it was recorded in 2011, the CD portion of Saxon's Heavy Metal Thunder - Live - Eagles over Wacken is fantastic. I only have three of their albums, but these versions of the songs just sound so lively and energetic.

brutal_descent
07-02-2012, 02:49 AM
My top ten thus far:

#1 Every Time I Die - Ex Lives (Epitaph)
#2 Goatwhore - Blood for the Master (Metal Blade)
#3 Jeff Loomis - Plains of Oblivion (Century Media)
#4 Cannibal Corpse - Torture (Metal Blade)
#5 Kreator - Phantom Antichrist (Nuclear Blast)
#6 Meshuggah - Koloss (Nuclear Blast)
#7 Overkill - The Electric Age (Nuclear Blast)
#8 Saint Vitus - Lillie: F-65 (Season of Mist)
#9 Aborted - Global Flatline (Century Media)
#10 Napalm Death - Utilitarian (Century Media)

Dextrimental
07-02-2012, 04:47 AM
New Gojira is tied with Alcest for my album of the year thus far.

New Periphery is top my list to hear at the moment.

mastodon421
07-02-2012, 08:31 AM
My top 10 at the half-way point of the year
1.Lamb of God-Resolution
2.High on Fire-De Vermis Mysteriis
3.Death Grips-The Money Store
4.God Forbid-Equilibrium
5.Every Time I Die-Ex Lives
6.Dying Fetus-Reign Supreme
7.Periphery-II: This Time It's Personal (Very well could rise up upon repeat listens)
8.Gojira-L'enfant Sauvage
9.Job For A Cowboy-Demonocracy
10.Veil of Maya-Eclipse

daimonos
07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Top 10 as of now:

1. Rush - Clockwork Angels
2. Saint Vitus - Lillie: F-65
3. Napalm Death - Utalitarian
4. Vulture - Oblivious to Ruin
5. Horseback - Half Blood
6. Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion
7. Lord Mantis - Pervertor
8. Unsane - Wreck
9. Lamb of God - Resolution
10.Phobia - Remnants of Filth

Ahab and Ufomammut are still in my queue to be listened to.

SomewhereInTime72
07-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Well here's my top 5 for the year so far. Why do a top 10 halfway through the year, if statistically probably only 5 will meet end-year top 10 requirements ;)

1. Anathema - Weather Systems
2. Overkill - The Electric Age
3. Kreator - Phantom Antichrist
4. Rush - Clockwork Angels
5. Pilgrim - Misery Wizard

That's out of 19 albums I've heard that I liked so far. But excluding St. Vitus, Candlemass, and Gojira, whose new albums I've sadly failed to get around to giving a proper listening to yet.

IrritatedTrout
07-02-2012, 10:51 AM
My top whatever I've listened to.

1. Rush - Clockwork Angels
2. Carrie Underwood - Blown Away
3. Ian Anderson - Thick as a Brick 2
4. Lamb of God - Resolution
5. Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth
6. Metallica - Beyond Magnetic

Nothing has really blown me away besides Rush. Still looking forward to Testament, Agalloch, Kiss, Baroness, and I still need to hear Blaze Bayley.

dcmetal108
07-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Top 5 :

1. You Give What You Get - The Ghost Inside (will be within top 3 this year)
2. Ex Lives - Every Time I Die
3. Whitechapel - Whitechapel
4. Resoultion - Lamb Of God
5. Immortal - For Today

jd091
07-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Okay, I've been out of the metal loop for a while. What are some good dark, doomy, post-y, proggy, folky, obscure shit that I'd like? Faustian Echoes was pretty sweet. Anything kind of similar to that that came out so far this year?

illuminatus917
07-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Okay, I've been out of the metal loop for a while. What are some good dark, doomy, post-y, proggy, folky, obscure shit that I'd like? Faustian Echoes was pretty sweet. Anything kind of similar to that that came out so far this year?

Doooooooom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he2q_xIsaUU&feature=related

BloodoftheKings
07-02-2012, 05:47 PM
I still need to hear the new Rush, Anathema, Gojira, and Melvins albums but this is my top 10 so far.

1. Death Grips - The Money Store
2. Classics of Love - s/t
3. Woods of Ypres - Grey Skies & Electric Light
4. Torche - Harmonicraft
5. High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
6. Cannibal Corpse - Torture
7. Overkill - The Electric Age
8. Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth
9. Ne Obliviscaris - Portal Of I
10. Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory

Honorable Mentions:
OFF! - s/t
Sigh - In Somniphobia
BADBADNOTGOOD - BBNG2
Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music
Dying Fetus - Reign Supreme

jhdeity
07-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Glad to see the Lamb of God love. Definitely one of the Top 5 Metal relases of 2012 so far.

On an unrelated note The new Dirty Heads cd is in-fucking-credible start to finish. A great summer cd and by far my #1 non-metal release for 2012.

Rocco44
07-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Natrlhi, hb420, listen to Undersmile's new album.
I should probably take note of this as well. ;)

Not too similar but Ahab's Giant is doomy/post-y/ and proggy. I love it, my number 1 so far.

kalfitegrdan
07-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Halfway point top 10:

1. Asphyx - Deathhammer
2. Make Them Suffer - Neverbloom
3. 3 Inches of Blood - Long Live Heavy Metal
4. Cannibal Corpse - Torture
5. Overkill - The Electric Age
6. Goatwhore - Blood for the Master
7. Orange Goblin - A Eulogy for the Damned
8. Hour of Penance - Sedition
9. Unleashed - Odalheim
10. Marduk - The Serpent Sermon

Natrlhi
07-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Okay, I've been out of the metal loop for a while. What are some good dark, doomy, post-y, proggy, folky, obscure shit that I'd like? Faustian Echoes was pretty sweet. Anything kind of similar to that that came out so far this year?UFOmammut is all three of these. Fantastic fucking release.

Proper listening technique: carve yourself out an hour of time and listen to it with headphones from start to finish. Complete darkness is recommended, but not required.

Natrlhi
07-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Natrlhi, hb420, listen to Undersmile's new album.Will do, brosiah. :fist:

jd091
07-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Doooooooom

"Ea is based on the sacral texts of ancient civilizations. Ea uses a dead language which was recreated according to the results of archeological study"

:rocker: Sounds fucking perfect!

Not too similar but Ahab's Giant is doomy/post-y/ and proggy. I love it, my number 1 so far.
This shit is fucking scary. I love that artwork, too. :D
UFOmammut is all three of these. Fantastic fucking release.

Proper listening technique: carve yourself out an hour of time and listen to it with headphones from start to finish. Complete darkness is recommended, but not required.
Will definitely do! :stoned:

adamclark52
07-03-2012, 05:42 PM
New Gojira is okay, kinda dies after the first four songs and really lacks a good, strong closer. I should be getting the new Nile in the mail tomorrow but my expectations are low.

My top metal release of 2012 is still Napalm Death, but overall is probably the new Sigur Ros.

Dextrimental
07-03-2012, 06:07 PM
New Gojira is okay, kinda dies after the first four songs and really lacks a good, strong closer. I should be getting the new Nile in the mail tomorrow but my expectations are low.

My top metal release of 2012 is still Napalm Death, but overall is probably the new Sigur Ros.

My view on Gojira is the exact opposite, I think its a total powerhouse, start to finish! I'm thinking the same for Nile though, the new song just did nothing for me.

Napalm Death and Sigur Ros are both on my radar, just haven't checked them out yet. Sigur Ros is meant to be expecially breath-taking.

dcmetal108
07-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Am I the only one that really loves the new Nile?

smearCampaign
07-03-2012, 07:46 PM

Nope. I really dig it as well. It's a enough of a change up for them to not become stale, but it's also undeniably Nile. The 'clean' vocals are actually really good and still brutal.

christopher
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
2. Carrie Underwood - Blown Away

:barf:

christopher
07-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Doooooooom

will check out soon :D

SomewhereInTime72
07-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Doooooooom

Well holy shit.

Nater
07-04-2012, 07:24 AM

Hell no. I think it was another strong release from them. The use of his midrange screams were great and I felt like it really added to the album. The tone of the album itself reminded me of Catacombs with it's higher use of middle eastern instruments.

Someone complained on my facebook that it wasn't the Nile they grew to know from Sacrfice and Iphallic(sp) and that made me think that this was gonna be terrible but I think the kid was just on drugs./

GarageMetal468
07-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Yeah the new Nile was pretty bad. Some parts seriously sound like they just made them up as they were recording. And Dallas's "clean" vocals or whatever the hell they are... ewwwwww. There are some really cool parts scattered throughout the album but that's about it.

Anyway, top 10 as of now:

1. Dying Fetus - Reign Supreme
2. Asphyx - Deathhammer
3. Black Breath - Sentenced to Life
4. Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Inhumanity
5. Aborted - Global Flatline
6. Cannibal Corpse - Torture
7. Goatwhore - Blood for the Master
8. Cardiac Arrest - Vortex of Violence
9. Overkill - The Electric Age
10. Horrendous - The Chills

treghet
07-04-2012, 09:43 AM
10. Horrendous - The Chills

I keep forgetting to listen to this. It has been on my list since before it even came out, but I never remember to check it out.

w00tasaurus
07-04-2012, 10:39 AM
at the gates of sethu is niles best album. haters gonna hate.

treghet
07-04-2012, 11:08 AM

Your opinion has been voided because of the second sentence.

GarageMetal468
07-04-2012, 12:32 PM

Your opinion has been voided because that statement is fucking stupid.

XDoomsayerX
07-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Gave Periphery another shot, listened to some songs on Periphery II and they just ain't my thing. I find their music to be empty. I know there is talent there but oh well. To each their own. Still don't get what they're doing on Summer Slaughter.

IrritatedTrout
07-04-2012, 01:56 PM
:barf:

:blah:

Natrlhi
07-04-2012, 02:24 PM

Nope. I really dig it as well. It's a enough of a change up for them to not become stale, but it's also undeniably Nile. The 'clean' vocals are actually really good and still brutal.

Hell no. I think it was another strong release from them. The use of his midrange screams were great and I felt like it really added to the album. The tone of the album itself reminded me of Catacombs with it's higher use of middle eastern instruments.

Someone complained on my facebook that it wasn't the Nile they grew to know from Sacrfice and Iphallic(sp) and that made me think that this was gonna be terrible but I think the kid was just on drugs./

Yeah the new Nile was pretty bad. Some parts seriously sound like they just made them up as they were recording. And Dallas's "clean" vocals or whatever the hell they are... ewwwwww. There are some really cool parts scattered throughout the album but that's about it.

No fucking way is it their best album, but no fucking way does it suck. There are some cool moments, but they aren't as completely dominating as the best moments on, say, Those Whom the Gods Detest. It feels like about a four-out-of-five-stars kind of album for me.

adamclark52
07-04-2012, 06:26 PM
My view on Gojira is the exact opposite, I think its a total powerhouse, start to finish! I'm thinking the same for Nile though, the new song just did nothing for me.

Napalm Death and Sigur Ros are both on my radar, just haven't checked them out yet. Sigur Ros is meant to be expecially breath-taking.

The new Sigur Ros is one of the hardest to classify albums I've ever heard. It's not "filler" but it's not really "songs" either. Maybe you could call it ambient. Whatever it is, it's really good.

mastodon421
07-04-2012, 07:20 PM
The new Nile is just decent. Would have been completely mediocre if Karl Sanders wasn't such a fucking great guitar player. Easily the worst album of their career.

GarageMetal468
07-04-2012, 10:26 PM
The new Nile is just decent. Would have been completely mediocre if Karl Sanders wasn't such a fucking great guitar player. Easily the worst album of their career.

True, Karl does continue to shred on this album, I'll give him that.

Gonna check out the new Ahab sometime soon as well.

SomewhereInTime72
07-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Holy crap, I should have listened to the new Candlemass ASAP. Much better than expected, honestly. :drool:

Natrlhi
07-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Easily the worst album of their career.See, this is what I'm talking about. All these extreme comments. Jesus Fucking Christ.

To those who haven't listened yet (or who are waiting based on comments like these), don't be discouraged. It's a damn decent album - just maybe not their best.

300%_Density
07-05-2012, 10:27 AM
See, this is what I'm talking about. All these extreme comments. Jesus Fucking Christ.

To those who haven't listened yet (or who are waiting based on comments like these), don't be discouraged. It's a damn decent album - just maybe not their best.

I agree with the Nat. Even if it is the worst of their career (which I don't think is true). I would still take Nile's worst album over 80% of the crap that is out there now.

dcmetal108
07-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Baroness leaked.

treghet
07-05-2012, 01:21 PM
New Deceased song! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJO6_I8wsIk

adamclark52
07-05-2012, 05:20 PM
I actually really like the new Nile a lot more than I thought I would. I like that Karl's super-deep vocals are used a lot more than on the last few albums, that it's faster and that it's shorter. For their style of music anything more than 45 minutes is too much. I wouldn't rank it as high as their first four albums, but it fits in nicely along the second part of their career cataloge.

slapguitarer
07-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Baroness leaked.

Link plz

MPF
07-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Link plz

first link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Baroness+Yellow+And+Green

slapguitarer
07-05-2012, 10:12 PM
fak u gooby

MPF
07-05-2012, 10:14 PM
fak u gooby

I'm not your Gooby, Guy! :D

MPF
07-06-2012, 12:54 AM
Current Top 20 of 2012 as of July 6th, 2012

1.) Ne Obliviscaris- Portal Of I
2.) Alcest- Les Voyages De L'Âme
3.) Woods Of Ypres- Grey Skies & Electric Light
4.) Periphery- Periphery II: This Time It's Personal
5.) Ihsahn- Eremita
6.) Anathema- Weather Systems
7.) Torche- Harmonicraft
8.) Brendon Small- Brendon Small's Galaktikon
9.) For the Imperium- For the Imperium
10.) Abigail Williams- Becoming
11.) Eluveitie- Helvetios
12.) The 11th Hour- Lacrima Mortis
13.) Vaura- Selenelion
14.) Flying Colors- Flying Colors
15.) Dimension Act- Manifestation of Progress
16.) Goatwhore- Blood For The Master
17.) Van Halen- A Different Kind Of Truth
18.) Meshuggah- Koloss
19.) Overkill- The Electric Age
20.) Cannibal Corpse- Torture

BloodoftheKings
07-06-2012, 09:33 AM
4.) Periphery- Periphery II: This Time It's Personal

That's actually the name of the album? I saw that before and I thought the poster wrote it as a joke.

mastodon421
07-06-2012, 09:38 AM
That's actually the name of the album? I saw that before and I thought the poster wrote it as a joke.

It's a subtitle that's only written in the album booklet.

MPF
07-06-2012, 01:20 PM

Nope it's the real name. Although the label is only promoting it as Periphery II.

Nater
07-07-2012, 03:52 AM
The Amon album is out! I didn't see any talk of it since it was first announced but I'm gonna grab it today and check it.

http://www.amon.mobi/amon/index.php

dcmetal108
07-07-2012, 06:35 AM
New Hellyeah leaked.

Epidemic Reign
07-07-2012, 09:07 AM
The Amon album is out! I didn't see any talk of it since it was first announced but I'm gonna grab it today and check it.

http://www.amon.mobi/amon/index.php

Fuck yeah. Listening now on Spotify. :rocker:

BloodoftheKings
07-07-2012, 03:13 PM
New Hellyeah leaked.

Oh joy.

smearCampaign
07-08-2012, 11:56 AM
My rough top ten halfway through the year:

1. Napalm Death - Utilitarian
2. Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction
3. Black Breath - Sentenced to Life
4. Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Inhumanity
5. Cannibal Corpse - Torture
6. St. Vitus - Lillie: F-65
7. Torche - Harmonicraft
8. Goatwhore - Blood for the Master
9. Derkéta - In Death We Meet
10. Ignivomous - Contragenesis

Also in heavy rotation:
Alcest - Les Voyages De L’ame
Anhedonist - Netherwards
Asphyx - Deathhammer
Deathspell Omega - Drought EP
High On Fire - De Vermis Myseriis
Horrendous - The Chills
Marduk - Serpent Sermon
Meshuggah - Koloss
Mutilation Rites - Empyrean
Nile - At The Gates Of Sethu

I have not listened to Baroness, Gojira and a few others yet.

hb420
07-11-2012, 12:35 AM
My Blog Doomed To Be Stoned's Official Top Ten of the First Half of 2012:
1. Ahab - The Giant
2. Pallbearer - Sorrow & Extinction
3. Ufomammut - ORO: Opus Primum
4. Alcest - Les Voyages De L'Ame
5. Royal Thunder - CVI
6. Witch Mountain - Cauldron of the Wild
7. Deathspell Omega - Drought (EP)
8. Anhedonist - Netherwards
9. Christian Mistress - Possesion
10. Dawnbringer - Into The Liar of the Sun God

HM: High On Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis, Saint Vitus - Lillie F-65, Father Befouled - Revulsion of Seraphic Grace, Aldebaran - Embracing The Lightless Depths, Undersmile - Narwhal

GarageMetal468
07-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Why in the FUCK did no one tell me that there's a new Hooded Menace album coming out in September?!?!

BloodoftheKings
07-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Has anyone else heard the new Serj? I think it's solid through and through but it's nothing to write home about. I was a little excited about this record cause I really enjoyed Elect the Dead (I honestly think it's better than a couple SOAD albums) and I've been waiting for a new rock record from Serj (cause I don't realistically expect a new SOAD album any time soon). Though there is some slightly experimental stuff on the album it kind of just feels like a plain old alt. rock record with Serj on vocals. I can't really say i'm disappointed but this isn't something i'm going to be listening to all that much.

MPF
07-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Has anyone else heard the new Serj? I think it's solid through and through but it's nothing to write home about. I was a little excited about this record cause I really enjoyed Elect the Dead (I honestly think it's better than a couple SOAD albums) and I've been waiting for a new rock record from Serj (cause I don't realistically expect a new SOAD album any time soon). Though there is some slightly experimental stuff on the album it kind of just feels like a plain old alt. rock record with Serj on vocals. I can't really say i'm disappointed but this isn't something i'm going to be listening to all that much.

There are some songs on it are the best songs he has written and others I don't care about at all.

So pretty much just like any SOAD album to me. But still better then anything Darron could do.

BloodoftheKings
07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
still better then anything Darron could do.

tru dat.

dcmetal108
07-12-2012, 07:19 PM
So is there any word that a new KSE album will come out this year?

brutal_descent
07-12-2012, 08:15 PM
So is there any word that a new KSE album will come out this year?

Jesse said it was coming out next year, not this year.

dcmetal108
07-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Jesse said it was coming out next year, not this year.

:(

jd091
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
My Blog Doomed To Be Stoned's Official Top Ten of the First Half of 2012:
1. Ahab - The Giant
2. Pallbearer - Sorrow & Extinction
3. Ufomammut - ORO: Opus Primum
4. Alcest - Les Voyages De L'Ame
5. Royal Thunder - CVI
6. Witch Mountain - Cauldron of the Wild
7. Deathspell Omega - Drought (EP)
8. Anhedonist - Netherwards
9. Christian Mistress - Possesion
10. Dawnbringer - Into The Liar of the Sun God

HM: High On Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis, Saint Vitus - Lillie F-65, Father Befouled - Revulsion of Seraphic Grace, Aldebaran - Embracing The Lightless Depths, Undersmile - Narwhal
There's a couple of these I haven't heard yet, definitely gonna get around to it sometime! Always love your lists, man.

smearCampaign
07-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Why in the FUCK did no one tell me that there's a new Hooded Menace album coming out in September?!?!

Yeah, they signed to Relapse a few weeks ago. I love me some HM :rocker:

illuminatus917
07-14-2012, 02:28 PM
1. Ahab - The Giant
2. Les Discrets - Ariettes Oubliees...
3. Ea - Ea
4. Witchrist - The Grand Tormentor
5. UFOmammut - Oro: Opus Primum
6. Aptorian Demon - Libertus
7. Panopticon - Kentucky
8. Undersmile - Narwhal
9. Dřdsengel - Imperator
10. OM - Advaitic Songs

There's also a new Evoken coming out.
:drool::drool::drool:

ShatteredFlame
07-14-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm glad there's a lot of love for the new UFOmammut on here. It seems like everywhere else I go (last.fm and RYM for example) people are saying it's underwhelming.

GarageMetal468
07-16-2012, 01:24 AM
There's also a new Evoken coming out.
:drool::drool::drool:

Yeah I know, it's gonna be fucking killer!

MPF
07-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Noot sure how many people would be into it, but the new Tremonti fucking slays! His vocals aren't Myles Kennedy, Obviously, but the music is well worth checking out.

kalfitegrdan
07-17-2012, 05:02 AM
I feel like the new Nile is kind of like Behemoth's The Apostasy in that it isn't inherently bad, but will forever be doomed to be the successor of such a masterpiece of an album and won't every get as much respect as it could have.

mastodon421
07-17-2012, 06:28 AM
I feel like the new Nile is kind of like Behemoth's The Apostasy in that it isn't inherently bad, but will forever be doomed to be the successor of such a masterpiece of an album and won't every get as much respect as it could have.

I can see where you're coming from with that, but the dropoff in quality from Those Whom The Gods Detest to At the Gate of Sethu is far greater than the dropoff from Demigod to The Apostasy imo.

Natrlhi
07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
I can see where you're coming from with that, but the dropoff in quality from Those Whom The Gods Detest to At the Gate of Sethu is far greater than the dropoff from Demigod to The Apostasy imo.I humbly disagree. The more I listen to ...Sethu, the more I'm realizing it has a great deal of likeable qualities, whereas I still find myself really having to try pretty hard to get through all of Apostasy without hitting the skip button. Neither album compares well to its predecessor, though - I'll agree with that.

christopher
07-17-2012, 09:23 PM
The new Motley Crue song called Sex is pretty cool. I hope the rest of the album is good. Can't wait to hear it. :D

hb420
07-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Came home from work to see that the new Nachtmystium & Evoken are in my inbox. :party::drool::party:

dcmetal108
07-17-2012, 10:04 PM
The new Motley Crue song called Sex is pretty cool. I hope the rest of the album is good. Can't wait to hear it. :D

I didn't even know they were making a new one.

I just really wish Billy Idols new cd was this year.

christopher
07-17-2012, 10:25 PM
I didn't even know they were making a new one.

I just really wish Billy Idols new cd was this year.

Yeah same here! I was hoping a new album was coming out soon cause I love Saints of LA. I just randomly saw on fb that they were allowing people to download the new song for a day and grabbed it before the 24 hours were up.

hb420
07-18-2012, 02:11 AM
My personal top 20 at the moment.

1. Pallbearer - Sorrow & Extinction
2. Nachtmystium - Silencing Machine
3. Evoken - Atra Mors
4. Ahab - The Giant
5. UFOmammut - Oro: Opus Primum
6. Baroness - Yellow & Green
7. Alcest - Les Voyags De L'Ame
8. Witch Mountain - Cauldron of the Wild
9. Deathspell Omega - Drought (EP)
10. Murder Construct - Results
11. High On Fire -De Vermis Mystriis
12. Dawnbringer - Into The Lair of the Sun God
13. Agalloch - Faustain Echoes (EP)
14. Christian Mistress - Possesion
15. Saint Vitus - Lillie F-65
16. The Howling Wind - Of Babalon
17. Inverloch - Dusk/Subside (EP)
18. Undersmile - Narwhal
19. Aldebaran - Embracing The Lightess Depths
20. Father Befouled - Revulsions of Sepharic Grace
21. Samothrace - Reverence To Stone
22. Circle - Manner
23. Anhedonist - Netherwards
24. Occultation - Three & Seven
25. The Royal Arche Blaspheme - II

All of these records are fucking magnificent though. :lovedup:

Nater
07-18-2012, 05:37 PM
The new HellYeah is really meh. I mean I know their other 2 albums arn't great but they didn't even do the Pantera riffage well on this album. It's just lacking that "hey we got Vinnie Paul lets do a close but not quite Pantera thing" feel the other 2 had.

BloodoftheKings
07-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Just listened to the new Nile. I'm gonna have to agree with everybody who said it was just ok. Inevitable Degradation and Natural Liberation were the only tracks that really stood out to me.

BloodoftheKings
07-20-2012, 04:15 PM
I've never really listened to this guy before today but the new Aesop Rock is sick.

kalfitegrdan
07-20-2012, 05:11 PM
I've never really listened to this guy before today but the new Aesop Rock is sick.

I haven't checked out his new one, but Float and None Shall Pass are pretty awesome albums.

mastodon421
07-20-2012, 07:07 PM

He is great, I need to check out the new album ASAP.

XDoomsayerX
07-20-2012, 07:17 PM

Def will check this out. This guy is quite unique, or I just don't listen to enough rap.haha

New Baroness is definitely my fav cd I've heard this year but I still need to listen to a bunch of music. Didn't LOG come out with something? haha

BloodoftheKings
07-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Didn't LOG come out with something? haha

Yeah that came out in January, it was ok.

w00tasaurus
07-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Listening to the new Zonaria album, pretty good.

christopher
07-23-2012, 03:51 PM
New (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYMMnHW85mc) Muse song called Survival. Not sure how I feel about it...

jd091
07-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Can't decide whether I like the new Fire & Ice or Expire more, someone decide for me ;_;

dcmetal108
07-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Can't decide whether I like the new Fire & Ice or Expire more, someone decide for me ;_;

Personally I like Fire & Ice more.

w00tasaurus
07-24-2012, 06:07 AM
I like the new Zonaria even more on second listen.

Also really good is a new EP by a band I've never heard of, Codeon.

GarageMetal468
07-24-2012, 09:59 AM
http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/07/24/hooded-menace-effigies-of-evil-song/

:D

IrritatedTrout
07-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Can't wait for the new Testament next week. The samples sound awesome. Cold Embrace sounds especially great for a ballad.

brutal_descent
07-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Well, now we know for a fact the new Muse is going to be shite:

"We went to see Skrillex in Camden around October. We went, ‘Fuck, it’s so heavy,’ loved it. I was like a full metal gig, they had circles of death, people were moshing, I hadn’t seen a reaction like that to electronic music before. We took inspiration and came up with ‘The 2nd Law: Unsustainable’.”

That’s drummer Dom Howard speaking to NME*on Muse’s sixth studio album The 2nd Law.*Singer and guitarist Matt Bellamy followed up:

"Some of that hard dubstep and brostep coming from America, is capturing the imagination. The moshpit has moved from guitars and gone towards the laptop, so with that song we’re trying to see if we can challenge the laptop. We created something that was dubsteppy but we wanted to see if we could do it with real instruments. We wanted to ask, ‘Can rock bands compete with what these guys are doing?’"

jd091
07-25-2012, 02:12 PM

Silly euros, always 4 years behind every American trend...

MPF
07-25-2012, 02:29 PM

Yeah, Metal was pretty huge here before Sabbath started...

BloodoftheKings
07-25-2012, 04:12 PM

I heard dubstep started in Europe.

John The Drummer
07-25-2012, 04:25 PM
At least French Fries are American..... :eyes:

christopher
07-25-2012, 05:34 PM

Eh, w/e. I'm still going to listen to the new album a few times when it comes out because I love everything they've done. I'm sure I'll dig some songs on it.

Crionics
07-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Apologies considering this is a late 2011 album and that it may have already been discussed, but has anyone heard Ride With Death by Speedwolf? I'm loving it, thinking about picking it up in vinyl, sounds like Motorhead mixed with the Misfits.

GarageMetal468
07-25-2012, 11:30 PM
The moshpit has moved from guitars and gone towards the laptop, so with that song we’re trying to see if we can challenge the laptop.

No.

John The Drummer
07-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Apologies considering this is a late 2011 album and that it may have already been discussed, but has anyone heard Ride With Death by Speedwolf? I'm loving it, thinking about picking it up in vinyl, sounds like Motorhead mixed with the Misfits.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:
That album slays. I randomly purchased it not knowing what it was or what it'd sound like.

MPF
07-26-2012, 04:10 PM
New Testament....that is all......

hellawaits77ny
07-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Jesus fucking Christ. I'm so sick of all this dubstep shit. Gay ass comments like the fags from Muse just made are proof that bands can't fucking think on their own anymore.

Thank the fuck Christ for death metal.

treghet
07-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Thank the fuck Christ

All hail The Fuck Christ. :bowdown:

jd091
07-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Jesus fucking Christ. I'm so sick of all this dubstep shit. Gay ass comments like the fags from Muse just made are proof that bands can't fucking think on their own anymore.

Thank the fuck Christ for death metal.

:lol:

On another Note, Niege from Alcest just posted on Facebook that he's finishing up demos for the new album (already!) and the songwriting process is almost all complete. He also said, "I don't think there are ANY metal musical elements anymore" (if that wasn't obvious at this point), though there will be lots of "intense parts" and "dynamics". I can dig it. I don't view them as metal anymore, anyway.

kalfitegrdan
07-27-2012, 10:59 AM

:eyes:

:bowdown:

w00tasaurus
07-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Nachtmystium, Dew Scented, and Korpiklaani available.

Nachtmystium is great :)

christopher
07-27-2012, 11:50 AM

hahahaha! :lol:

Natrlhi
07-27-2012, 01:47 PM
4:15 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=KcxKQEwPrK0&NR=1)

Rocco44
07-29-2012, 03:33 AM

On another Note, Niege from Alcest just posted on Facebook that he's finishing up demos for the new album (already!) and the songwriting process is almost all complete. He also said, "I don't think there are ANY metal musical elements anymore" (if that wasn't obvious at this point), though there will be lots of "intense parts" and "dynamics". I can dig it. I don't view them as metal anymore, anyway.

Yeah and their first full length wasn't metal anyways. This will be good music, period.

mastodon421
07-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Just listened to R.A.P Music by Killer Mike. Completely lived up to the hype, One of the best albums of the year so far. Between the new Death Grips, Nas, Aesop Rock, Big K.R.I.T ( more so his mixtape 4eva Na Day, but Live from the Underground is solid as well), and this, I'd say we are looking at the best year for hip-hop in a long, long time.

electrocute1031
07-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Right now I'm listening to the Nachtmystium, which is so far pretty good. Up next I plan on listening to the new testament which I'm incredibly stoked to listen to.

NecroRob
07-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Just listened to R.A.P Music by Killer Mike. Completely lived up to the hype, One of the best albums of the year so far. Between the new Death Grips, Nas, Aesop Rock, Big K.R.I.T ( more so his mixtape 4eva Na Day, but Live from the Underground is solid as well), and this, I'd say we are looking at the best year for hip-hop in a long, long time.

You forgot El-P :nonono:

theclansman1114
07-31-2012, 06:22 PM
http://www.jackizehner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/arnold21.png

mastodon421
08-01-2012, 05:03 AM
You forgot El-P :nonono:

Haven't heard that record, but I'll check it out.

NecroRob
08-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Haven't heard that record, but I'll check it out.

He did all the production on the Killer Mike album, so if you like that you should like El's album(s).

dcmetal108
08-02-2012, 07:30 AM
New Polar Bear Club and In This Moment leaked.

MPF
08-02-2012, 12:31 PM
As did Grave and Cloudkicker

Dextrimental
08-02-2012, 06:24 PM
As did Grave and Cloudkicker

He just released that early because it was finished :lol: he never sits on a record once it and its artwork are finished.

New Testament is awesome. New Cloudkicker is also awesome. Hoping my Periphery II gets here next week sometime, my pre-order got screwed up.

MPF
08-02-2012, 06:29 PM
He just released that early because it was finished :lol: he never sits on a record once it and its artwork are finished.

New Testament is awesome. New Cloudkicker is also awesome. Hoping my Periphery II gets here next week sometime, my pre-order got screwed up.

I'm only half way through the new Cloudkicker and I know it's Top 10 material.

The new Testament is also fucking badass. I'm pretty sure you will dig the new Periphery if you haven't heard it yet.

slapguitarer
08-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Listened to new Ihsahn recently. The sax kind of killed it for me. The first half the album is pretty great but the more sax involved the worse.

Dextrimental
08-02-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm only half way through the new Cloudkicker and I know it's Top 10 material.

The new Testament is also fucking badass. I'm pretty sure you will dig the new Periphery if you haven't heard it yet.

Listened to half the new Cloudkicker and it's the best sounding record he's made. The whole thing just sounds so vibrant and complete, really looking forward to a full listen tomorrow when I can really absorb it.

I'd imagine so, I'm a bit of a Periphery fan-boy, plus we seem to be on the same wavelength for a lot of music and your opinion of it definitely fills me with more hope than I already had for it!

Nater
08-02-2012, 07:45 PM
I never said it but the Amon album is fucking wonderful. The Hoffman's just bring it. Whoever is singing is a beast and it could easily have been a Deicide album. It has that feel.

Testament is a fucking beast of a record too. Just kicks ass all the way through. Even the slower stuff kicks ass.

dcmetal108
08-02-2012, 09:26 PM
New In This Moment sucks.

slapguitarer
08-02-2012, 09:47 PM
I listened to the new single and it was shit. They've just gotten progressively worse every album. Say what you want, but I still think their debut is a solid metalcore album

dcmetal108
08-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I listened to the new single and it was shit. They've just gotten progressively worse every album. Say what you want, but I still think their debut is a solid metalcore album

I didn't think their last one was that bad. But each records goes from metal into radio hard rock. I guess that's what happens when half the original band leaves.

MPF
08-02-2012, 10:17 PM
The new In This Moment is basically a shitty electronic Rock album with an occasional heavy riff. Just plain awful.

Rocco44
08-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Cloudkicker? Hell yes, Ben Sharp is genius.

hellawaits77ny
08-03-2012, 05:50 AM
I never said it but the Amon album is fucking wonderful. The Hoffman's just bring it. Whoever is singing is a beast and it could easily have been a Deicide album. It has that feel.

Testament is a fucking beast of a record too. Just kicks ass all the way through. Even the slower stuff kicks ass.

Oh snap, I forgot about that. Gotta check that out.

300%_Density
08-03-2012, 06:20 AM
The new In This Moment is basically a shitty electronic Rock album with an occasional heavy riff. Just plain awful.

Fixed

In This Moment is shitty

jd091
08-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Pallbearer just gets better with every listen I give it.

illuminatus917
08-04-2012, 11:48 AM
I really can't get into the Pallbearer album as much as I was expecting to. Given to the Grave is a really good song, but other than that I really just can't get into it. I'm going to keep listening and maybe my opinion will change, but I've already given it more chances than most albums to make an impression on me and it hasn't yet.

GarageMetal468
08-04-2012, 11:54 AM
New Deathspell Omega EP is sooooo good

mankvill
08-04-2012, 11:55 AM

Yes it is. It's so fucking abnormal for them, which is crazy because they thrive on abnormality.

electrocute1031
08-05-2012, 11:26 AM
listening to Ne Obliviscaris right now, it's so fucking good.

BloodoftheKings
08-05-2012, 01:13 PM

:fist:

I've been spinning the new Testament in my car the past couple days and i'm digging it. I really like Chuck Billy's death metal vocals but I think it's kind of cool that they didn't really include them on this one and made a more old school sounding Testament record. It sounds like something that would have came out between Souls of Black and The Ritual. 'A Day in the Death', 'Man Kills Mankind', and the title track are my favorite tracks at the moment.

IrritatedTrout
08-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Testament is easily the 2nd best record of the year for me. Not a bad song on there. My top 3 songs are Cold Embrace, Native Blood, and the title track. The bonus tracks are really cool too.

jhdeity
08-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Testament is easily the 2nd best record of the year for me. Not a bad song on there. My top 3 songs are Cold Embrace, Native Blood, and the title track. The bonus tracks are really cool too.

Yeah Testament are one of the best bands at covers and Animal Magnetism is fucking awesome!

The album as a whole didn't blow me away like Formation did though. Gotta give it a few more spins and see if teh lack of speed will bother me as much as it did the 1st listen

slapguitarer
08-05-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm really digging Advaitic Songs

daimonos
08-06-2012, 08:50 AM

I third this statement.

Sanitarium78
08-07-2012, 06:44 AM
The new Testament is awesome. Any word on when they'll be doing a headlining US tour?

w00tasaurus
08-07-2012, 07:17 AM

thanks for the tip, it is indeed awesome

IrritatedTrout
08-07-2012, 07:23 AM
The new Testament is awesome. Any word on when they'll be doing a headlining US tour?

October / November would be great but I have no idea.

BloodoftheKings
08-07-2012, 09:39 AM
October / November would be great but I have no idea.

I don't think Testament will be doing a headlining tour til early 2013. They cant tour in the fall cause Gene is gonna be with Dethklok.

mastodon421
08-07-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't think Testament will be doing a headlining tour til early 2013. They cant tour in the fall cause Gene is gonna be with Dethklok.

I believe you are correct, I know they are touring with Anthrax and Death Angel (I believe that was previously announced, I know they are playing in Hartford on October 4th.) and the Dethklok fall tour confirms that they won't be headlining until Early or Spring 2013.

electrocute1031
08-07-2012, 10:54 AM
So far the new cd's I'm listening to the most are:

1. Ne Obliviscaris - Portal of I
2. Testament - Dark Roots of Earth
3. Spawn of Possession - Incurso
4. Periphery - II
5. Baroness - Yellow and Green
6. Deathspell Omega - Drought

also somewhere in the list are the new Amon album, Rush, and Accept.

I'm probably forgetting some, my favorite so far is Portal of I (which I found out about from MPF on the Devin thread).

BloodoftheKings
08-07-2012, 12:07 PM
So far the new cd's I'm listening to the most are:

1. Ne Obliviscaris - Portal of I
2. Testament - Dark Roots of Earth
3. Spawn of Possession - Incurso
4. Periphery - II
5. Baroness - Yellow and Green

Portal Of I, Dark Roots, and Yellow & Green are in my top 10 as well. I still need to hear Incurso and the new Rush.

mankvill
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM

:drool:

illuminatus917
08-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Well, Sorrow and Extinction finally clicked with me. I don't know what the fuck was wrong with me before.

I think JD is right... it gets better and better the more you listen to it. Advice for those who haven't listened to it more than once or twice - don't count it out just yet.

MPF
08-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm glad to see all the love for Ne Obliviscaris, I've been a fan since the Aurora Veil EP and its about time they get some recognition.

Unless Epicloud pounds everyone's ass into Oblivion, Portal of I is my favorite album of the year.

jd091
08-07-2012, 02:35 PM
I think JD is right... it gets better and better the more you listen to it. Advice for those who haven't listened to it more than once or twice - don't count it out just yet.

The melodies are what I like more and more every time. Great guitar interplay. Still need to check out Ufomammut...

slapguitarer
08-07-2012, 05:56 PM
The new Old Man Gloom is a pretty cool guy.

MPF
08-07-2012, 08:16 PM
The new Old Man Gloom is a pretty cool guy.
No
*See what I did there?.....I actually love it*

slapguitarer
08-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Ah! You guy, you!

hb420
08-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Just received the new UFOmammut, Ash Borer, Hooded Menace, and Serpentine Path. :party:

ShatteredFlame
08-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Just received the new UFOmammut, Ash Borer, Hooded Menace, and Serpentine Path. :party:

Damn that's like everything I need right now.

Natrlhi
08-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Well, Sorrow and Extinction finally clicked with me. I don't know what the fuck was wrong with me before.

I think JD is right... it gets better and better the more you listen to it. Advice for those who haven't listened to it more than once or twice - don't count it out just yet.I just had the same experience recently as well. The midsection of "Devoid of Redemption" is fucking killer. :bowdown:

Also, this:

In the shadows I wander
A solitary man, fearing not the hidden
But searching
In this harsh world of deception, I will stand up once more
And find within myself the strength to stumble again

I love that part of that song. :rocker:

hb420
08-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I just had the same experience recently as well. The midsection of "Devoid of Redemption" is fucking killer. :bowdown:

Best part of the whole album IMO. Would crush my fucking skull live. :drool:

Just got the new Winterfylleth :party:
New UFOmammut is sooo good way better than Primum. Ash Borer is tits and Hooded Menace while is pretty good nowhere near Never Cross The Dead.

Natrlhi
08-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Best part of the whole album IMO. Would crush my fucking skull live. :drool:

Just got the new Winterfylleth :party:
New UFOmammut is sooo good way better than Primum. Ash Borer is tits and Hooded Menace while is pretty good nowhere near Never Cross The Dead.I have Winterfylleth, and I really like it.

I have Hooded Menace, but I haven't listened to it yet.

I've only heard two tracks from Opus Alter, but based on those, I think you may be right - which is incredible, because I thought Opus Primum was fucking tits. ( . )( . )

I haven't listened to Ash Borer.

illuminatus917
08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I think Foreigner and Given to the Grave are the best tracks on the album. The melodies. :drool::drool::drool: God the melodies...

I also like how the whole thing isn't a giant slab of super depressive funeral doom. A lot of the melodies actually sound uplifting. Brett Campbell sounds like he's about to fall on his knees and start weeping, but the album sounds like death shouldn't necessarily coincide with depression, but rather, be embraced with open arms and met head on.

Natrlhi
08-09-2012, 01:37 PM
You are one super-philosophical mofo cat.

illuminatus917
08-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Well that's genuinely the feel I get from the album. A lot of doom is just about death, depression, death, depression, and more depression. This album actually actually feels deeper than that. Depression and thankfulness exist side by side. It's about relief, acknowledgment - acceptance of one's fate.

Carry me to my grave
When at long last my journey has ended
On the path that leads from here into oblivion
And no more sorrow can weigh me down